[ home ] [ pony / townhall / rp / canterlot / rules ] [ arch ]

/rp/ - Roleplay

Cutie Mark Crusader Clubhouse
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Flags  
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

[Return][Go to bottom]

 No.19106[Last 50 Posts]

File: 1628789574375.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

We'll be starting a new adventure soon.

 No.19107

File: 1628791104620.jpg (73.74 KB, 616x353, 616:353, Winery sim.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

How I imagine what Vinifera been up to since last adventure...

Ever since defeating and Feylamia with the Silver Lantern, he has returned to what's left of Aumund. Despite being a ghost town falling into ruin he still wanted to make something of it.

He chose an old tower (maybe an old watchtower or a clocktower) into a place where the Silver Lantern can be kept safe. Sheltered from the weather but open to the light of the night sky, the silver lantern can gather plenty of moonlight throughout the year and Vinifera can bring it down whenever he needs it to fight dark creatures. But in it's tower it shines like a beacon to warn threats the town is protected.

Other than guardian of the lantern, Vinifera is trying to get his family business up and running again to be like how it was in his youth. With his parents talking about the quality of grapes and vines and helping them out on the vineyard with the other workers and living happy easy life.

Whenever orcs from Thunata has offered to help him, he gladly welcomes them. And as promised, Nazum has a home in Aumond as well (that is if he chose to stay in Aumond or not). But most of the time he takes on most of the work himself and struggling to ressurect his family heritage, prefusing to let go of the past.

 No.19108

File: 1628839777215.png (165.8 KB, 422x431, 422:431, derpy6.png) ImgOps Google

>>19107
>clocktower
Elves don't have clocks (which are generally extremely rare). So a watch tower.


Vinifera could hear the sound of a horse in the distance, slowly approaching. A tall figure set upon it, a human wearing the insignia of the Beilunk Riders, the continent's best and trusties (and most expensive) messenger service.

 No.19109

File: 1628947210778.jpg (1016.71 KB, 2560x1440, 16:9, Limael's_Vineyard.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19108
VInifera was working in the fields. He was concerned that the vineyards were not growing as efficiently as they were during his fathers time. He wiped the sweat of the brow and curses the effort he was putting into something so fruitless.

He hears the sound of horse riding and turns over to see the rider approaching him.

 No.19110

File: 1628953203937.png (52.02 KB, 500x580, 25:29, derpy9.png) ImgOps Google

>>19109
The messenger alit from the horse and approached with long steps, lifting a hand as a greeting. "Are you Vinifera Grapevine? I was told I would find him here."

 No.19111

>>19110
"Yeah, I'm Grapevine."
He stops what he was doing and see's what the Rider wants.

 No.19112

>>19111
He hands you a scroll, sealed with red wax. "This is for you. Transport has already been paid for, as usual."

 No.19113

>>19112
"Uh thanks."
Vinifera never had something so personally delivered to him before. He checks the seal to see if it was recognisable to him.

 No.19114

>>19113
You have to roll Intelligence +6 for that. It's difficult as you have little knowledge about seals.

 No.19115

>>19114
Vinifera looks at the seal. d20 + 6 = 26

 No.19116

File: 1628958365316.jpg (43.64 KB, 640x374, 320:187, dash450.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19115
Critical miss... what a way to start off an adventure.

You have not even the slightest idea what that seal might be.

 No.19117

File: 1628958481214.png (57.81 KB, 945x945, 1:1, Epic Mount shrug.png) ImgOps Google

>>19116
Vinifera was dumbfounded, still, better sucha  miss now than crucially later.

He picks the wax seal open and reads the contents of the scroll.

 No.19118

File: 1628959010784.jpg (875.4 KB, 2481x3508, 2481:3508, Letter from the Academy.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19117
It's a letter from a school of magic.

 No.19119

>>19118
"Stoerrebrandt-College in Riva?
"Her "Spectabilis"?"
"Hm... and demon sightings."
He looks up to the watchtower which currently had the Silver Moon Lantern. If that worked agains the Feylamia then it might work against whatever it was that troubled Riva... then again may risk being stolen or lost on the journey. However he still had the silver dagger which was made by the same enchanted elven silver as the lantern itself.

"I should concentrate on helping the farm but these people... may need our help."

He turns to the rider.

"If you need to return with an answer, would you like to stay for awhile while I consult my partner on this? You and your horse can rest and..."
He didn't have much to offer to drink given it would be awhile before any of these grapes are ready to be made into wine.
"...well we have water, maybe my friend will have more suitable drinks."

 No.19120

File: 1628959880682.gif (1.23 MB, 432x614, 216:307, derpy22.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19119
"No reply is needed. And a bit of bread and a cup of water will be enough. I have to be on my way, there are many more messenges that need urgent delivery."

 No.19121

>>19120
"Thank you very much."
He showed the rider to the winery kitchen where he could help himself to bread and water. The rider could see the place was cleaned up rather recently but the whole place looked like it had better days. Then again from the other decaying and overgrown buildings in what's left of this ghost town it was a wonder why an elf would want to try and start up an old winery here of all places.

 No.19122

>>19121
The messenger praised the elf's hospitality before he wolfed down the bread and water. Only a few minutes later he mounted his horse and departed on more errands.

 No.19123

Vinifera goes over to the few guys who came with him from Thunata.

>If Naz decides to go with Vinifera to Aumund.
"Hey guys, you seen Naz around?"

>If Naz and Vinifera decided to part ways.
"Glad I found you guys."

 No.19124

File: 1629720568153.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>Naz is sitting with the fellows from Thunata by a fire, drinking ale, and sharing a story.
So then I said, then I said...  "I've found that thing you lost.  It's illuminating!"
>Naz slaps one of his drinking buddies on the back, who seems possibly surprised.
Illuminating!  Can you believe it!?
>Naz downs his drink and then looks over to Vin.
Oh hey!  Come to join us?

 No.19125

>>19124
"Hi Naz!" He goes over to him, glad to see Nazim has settled well in what's lefft of this little outpost of a town.

He sat by his friend. Instead of showing him the letter straight away he wanted to see what he was up to.

 No.19126

File: 1629805073109.gif (6 MB, 640x333, 640:333, 57f79b5fdd08959f358b4cef.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19125  I was just getting to the part where you tried to put the crystal in sideways!
>Naz laughs heartily and leans over to refill his flagon
Care to join us for some ale?  I picked up a couple of casks, courtesy of the caravan last weekend.

 No.19127

>>19126
"I think I remember that adventure."
>He sits down next to him.
"Of course. Speaking of adventure, hjow would you feel about visiting the port city of Riva?"

 No.19128

File: 1631195561605.png (1019 B, 320x416, 10:13, happy_dwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>19127  A port city?  sounds dreadful.  What's in Riva?

 No.19129

File: 1631200730511.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

You can roll for Intelligence to see if you know anything about that town.

 No.19130

File: 1631323508415.jpg (100.4 KB, 800x600, 4:3, Dwarf and Elf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

((Oh! I didn't know we we're continuing.))

>>19128
"The college of..."
He was unsure how to pronounce the name so he read it on the letter slowly.
"Sto-erre-brandt, if I am pronouncing it right. There are some bad stuff going on there and the dean, or "spectabilis", would like to meet us about it in the port city of Gulf."

He hands him the note to read.
"Here...">>19118

 No.19131

File: 1631356161928.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>19129
>reads the note between sips of ale
mmm hmmm.  yes...  heroic deeds.  uh-huh...
I hope the Magister realizes that 'special abilities' don't come cheap!
>takes a swig
All right.  Count me in.

 No.19132

File: 1631360132998.png (57.81 KB, 945x945, 1:1, Epic Mount shrug.png) ImgOps Google

>>19131
Regardless of the cost, should we do it because it's the right thing to do?

 No.19133

File: 1631360493885.png (47.79 KB, 194x229, 194:229, in_abundance.png) ImgOps Google

>>19132  Right, that too.

 No.19134

>>19133
So, I know that we defeated the feylamia and that we're trying to get Aumund back on it's feet, but should we go to Port Gulf and see what they want with Riva? If we can help with something no one else can then we should probably hear them out.

 No.19135

File: 1631360847662.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>19134  You can count on my steel.

 No.19136

>>19135
"Alright. Let's prepare and head out."

((Clarity says he's meeting with some friends so he can't GM at the moment so we'll probably have to wait. I guess though given we're at the comforts of home we could probably revise our inventory for equipment from our previous adventures as well as whatever current supplies we have. Though  Iduno if Clarity would want to limit us to what we can and can't bring. Like, we don't have bags of holdings so we can't literally take everything out the fridge or armory if we have one since the ending of our last adventure.))

 No.19137

File: 1631421905871.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19136
You can bring of course all the items you already have.

And you can of course use your money to purchase other things.

 No.19138

>>19137
OK, here's my stuff:

Inventory:
Playing cards (game “Boltan”, i.e. poker)
Kolja Swintkoop’s note >>19118
Lantern (12hr oil)
Ripped cloth
Bandages (4; give 1d6-1 Health back)
Ointment (1; made of Tarnela herbs)
Waterskin (full)
Long dagger with fox symbol

Equipment
Double-Khunchomer sword (d6+6, -1 Def, -1 Init) [Stored in guard house]
Leather armour (3 Arm)
Ventures cloak (grey, for rainy weather)
Grapevine brooch
Silver bracelet

As for the Silver fox amulet, Underground map >>18524, Silver lantern and the strangely bent, half-melted amulets, they'll be kept in Aumond. Vinifera has remade the tallest tower in Aumond into a makeshift "micro-dungeon" with the elven silver used to protect the tower from dark creatures that would try to take the lantern.

However, VInifera will wear the silver bracelet and keep the silver dagger on him, in case they run into feylamias or other dark creatures that maybe critically weak against such silver.

Will I be able to take any provisions from the kitchen?

 No.19139

>>19138
Of course, you can take as many provisions as you like.

 No.19140

File: 1631469629958.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

Nazom purchases the following:

- a halberd
- ink
- a crucible
- clay
- a whetstone.

 No.19141

>>19139
I suppose... uh, six healthy portions of provisions. Each enough to quell hunger for awhile or so.

 No.19142

File: 1631539421861.png (368.8 KB, 700x700, 1:1, aj13.png) ImgOps Google

>>19141
Sure, no problem at all with that.

 No.19143

Almost forgot, Nazom also bought a hatched and 4 throwing axes.

 No.19144

((Wait, did I "used" the rip cloth awhile back? Eitherway it's probabvly worst for ware now so I'll remove that from my inventory.))

 No.19145

>>19144
Duly noted.

 No.19146

File: 1631990776103.jpg (186.64 KB, 470x624, 235:312, Nazom.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Here's all of Nazom's stuff...

 No.19147

File: 1631990893163.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19146  ((I travel light.
does that say that I can see in the dark?))

 No.19148

File: 1631990914887.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

So, are you ready to head to the harbor town of Riva? It's only a trip of a couple of days away from where you dwell.

 No.19149

>>19147
Yes it does!

 No.19150

File: 1631991061158.gif (661.02 KB, 245x189, 35:27, SPongebob write that down.gif) ImgOps Google


 No.19151

File: 1631991103716.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

I have made my preparations.
>slings his belongings onto his back
>>19149  ((at first I thought it said I can see while drunk))

 No.19152

>>19151
((That perhaps would be a special ability too!))

 No.19153

>>19151
Vinifera prepared his travelling pack.
"So, shall we head off?"

 No.19154

File: 1631991453119.png (1019 B, 320x416, 10:13, happy_dwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>19153  aye, lead the way

 No.19155

File: 1631991651249.jpg (493.32 KB, 1280x801, 1280:801, Riva Innenstadt.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

You travel for a good week until you reach the harbor town of Riva, situated at the Gulf of the same name.

Located at the mouth of the river Kvill it is a haven of proud citizenship in the wilderness, where decency and stability are highly valued.

A good 2,600 people dwell there, protected by the high walls and battlements and the well guarded gates.

 No.19156

>>19154
And thus our treped adventurers were off for new journey.

 No.19157

>>19155
Well, here we are. I guess we look for a tavern and ask if we're expected.

 No.19158

File: 1631991921810.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>19156  any idea where to meet the magister?  maybe we will find him in a local tavern

 No.19159

>>19158
"I guess so. He said it was urgent. I didnt think to send a reply saying we we're coming or where to meet. But if it was urgent he'd be around here somewhere."

 No.19160

File: 1631992191343.jpg (276.96 KB, 738x550, 369:275, DF.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>looks around for a tavern

 No.19161

As you examine the area you find two establishments... a hotel called "Hotel Riva" and a more rustic tavern called "The Gay Elf".

 No.19162

File: 1631992304732.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19159  feeling jolly?  what say you?
>laughs obnoxiously

 No.19163

>>19162
"Well, I can't find any reaction pictures to respond to this without that christmas movie with Will Ferrell so let's just go into the hotel and ask around."

 No.19164

File: 1631992708172.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19163
>holds the door open and gestures the elf inside
after you!
>continues laughing

 No.19165

>>19164
He rolls his eyes and enters with a tut. He was going to remember this one for awhile.

 No.19166

File: 1631992803998.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19163
The hotel was situated at the big market square of the town. Numerous important looking buildings where there: the big market hall, the city court, an armor shop, the traders guild and the temple of Phex, god of traders and thieves.

As you enter the hotel you find it that 'cozy' would be the perfect description for it. An exceptionally clean place with comfortable wooden tables and chairs. Expensive looking wooden panels adorned the walls. A few people were there enjoying their lunch.

 No.19167

>>19166
Vinifera goes to the reception desks and asks.
"Hey um, we're two from Aumond. Is anyone expecting us by chance?"

 No.19168

File: 1631992989176.jpg (15.33 KB, 198x190, 99:95, Ardor Zitenau.JPG) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19167
"Greetings, gentlemen, welcome to the Hotel Riva... Wherever you may come from, everyone is welcome here. I'm afraid, what were your names again?"

 No.19169

>>19168
"I'm Vinifera Grapevine and this is my friend Nazom."

 No.19170

>>19169
"My name is Ardor Zitenau, I own this humble establishment." He skips a through pages of the book on his desk.

"I'm afraid I cannot find your names... have you booked a room?"

 No.19171

File: 1631993255042.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

>>19170  We haven't booked a room.  We were invited here on "business" by [insert guy's name here]

 No.19172

>>19170
"We were told all our expenses will be sorted? We got a letter asking for us to be here."

He showed the receptionist the letter. >>19118

 No.19173

>>19171
>>19172
He grooms his goatee while reading the message, looking a bit aghast.

"Oh, gentlemen, this is a hotel. You are obviously looking for the esteemed College. It's outside of town, barely a mile to the north."

 No.19174

>>19173
"Ah, thank you very much. We'll head over there then."

He calls to Naz.
"Naz, we're heading to the college!"

He reads the letter again.

"Or... should we go to the port city of Gulf? I dunno. I don't wanna be going back and forth places."

 No.19175

>>19174  Let's check out the school first

 No.19176

>>19175
"Alright. Let's head out."

He thanks the receptionist and leaves.

 No.19177

>thanks the receptionist on the way out
>>19176  what's another mile, huh?

 No.19178

File: 1631993743081.jpg (560.57 KB, 1216x828, 304:207, Akademie Riva.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19174
>>19175
>>19176
You leave the town again and after a good fifteen minutes you find what certainly is the Stoerrebrandt College, a local school of magic.

 No.19179

>>19178
>looks around for anyone outside

 No.19180

>>19179
As you look around you don't see any young wizards or sorceresses who learn their trade here, nor any old bearded magicians... but close by in a rather beautiful garden with roses and tulips there was a grumpy looking dwarf who was starting at the ground, hammer in hand.

 No.19181

>>19179
>>19180
Vinifera notice the other dwarf, but continues to look around. He thought there would be mages and scholars here studying. It is a college after all. Maybe they're on some sort of holiday break?

 No.19182

File: 1631994286858.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19180
>walks up to the dwarf
greetings; scouting a dig site?

 No.19183

>>19181
Alas, no mages or scholars seemed around... maybe they were busy in the building, going about their studies?

>>19182
The dwarf lifted his hammer slowly, glee in his eyes... just then he heard the voice of Nazom, looked up... then down to the ground again and grumbled in disappointment.

The dwarf was bold, had a fiery red beard and was certainly a hundred years old.

"Oi, why did you have to disturb me? Now that blasted mole has buggered off and will eat more of me roses!"

 No.19184

>>19183
He overheard the conversation.
"Moles in the holes?"

 No.19185

File: 1631994630744.jpg (45.22 KB, 800x457, 800:457, dig_damn_you.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19183  have you tried digging them out?

 No.19186

>>19184
"Aye, there's no end to theses pests!"

>>19185
"Digging them out? Friend, do you know what that'd do to me roses and tulips? I'd do more damage than those blasted garden rats would do!"

He eyes the two, surprised to see such an odd duo.

"What are ye lads up to anyway, this is a school of magic."

 No.19187

File: 1631994844074.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19186  We're here to see Solja Swintkoop

 No.19188

>>19186
"I dunno much about gardening... but I find it peculiar for moles to want to eat roses. They eat worms and underground grubs and their digging offer ventalation and turned earth for soil. At least that's what I know about moles. As for why we're ehre we were asked to come here."
He shows him the letter, not wanting to repeat the details. >>19118

 No.19189

>>19188
"Ventilation! Bah! Tell that to me poor roses, they are hanging their heads ever since those moles showed up! What's an elf know about ventilation... now us dwarfs, we know all about tunnels..."

>>19187
>>19188
He looks up as he sees the letter.

"Master Swintkoop, eh? Must be important I guess... just go knock at the door, they'll let you in if you show them the letter."

 No.19190

File: 1631995180907.jpg (137 KB, 800x1071, 800:1071, hammer_dwarf_by_wulfgarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19189  good luck with the moles then.  give 'em a good whack.

 No.19191

>>19189
"I know about vineyards. Moles can damage the roots of plants such as roses when borrowing for grubs. I suppose if you want to get rid of moles put some foul-smelling something in their holes, they have accute sense of smell."

Vinifera realised he was going off topic. Trying to get the vineyard the florish back in Aumond had been difficult for him but he knew basic gardening stuff because of it.

The dwarf responded to him about where to find Master Swintkoop.
"Thank you. Good luck with your roses."

 No.19192

>>19190
>>19191
He wished them good luck and already had the hammer in hand again, ready to strike down any mole that would come across him.

As the two knocked on the door of the academy it was soon opened by a lanky wizard of maybe 20 years of age.

"Welcome to the Stoerrebrandt College... How may we help you?"

 No.19193

File: 1631995596837.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>19192  Good afternoon; we're here to see Solja Swintkoop

 No.19194

>>19193
"Yeah, we we're called."
Flashes the letter like an important pass.

 No.19195

File: 1631996001134.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19193
>>19194
"Ah, yes, indeed!" He said in slight surprise. "Please, let me lead the way."

Through the portal of the main building he leads you into the large entrance hall, a two-story hall with a gallery, in which the paintings of the school Deans and revered graduates hung. Findings from school expeditions could also be admired there in showcases.

The young wizard led you into the western part of the school, through a large, two-story lecture hall and from there to reception rooms of the Spectability, the Dean of the school.

 No.19196

((And that's where we end today.))

 No.19197

((alright; have a good one!))

 No.19198

File: 1632076675603.png (260.56 KB, 1561x2319, 1561:2319, 50D4EF79-CDA7-47BC-961D-83….png) ImgOps Google

Interesting thread, guys...

 No.19199

File: 1632076975018.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>19198
Hey hey, thanks for the visit.

 No.19200

File: 1632078000238.png (196.18 KB, 2400x1800, 4:3, AC8DAC33-7DB9-4230-93B1-F2….png) ImgOps Google

>>19199
It is my pleasure!

 No.19201

File: 1632333250117.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

Ready to continue?

 No.19202

>>19201
I'm ready.

 No.19203

File: 1632334409805.gif (2.25 KB, 180x180, 1:1, avatar78425_1.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19201  aye

 No.19204

File: 1632334725592.jpeg (158.95 KB, 662x927, 662:927, Rhenaya Cerrillio.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>19195
>>19202
>>19203
As you are lead into the reception room you are greeted by two mages. One of the is male, about 50 years of age, having a well groomed goatee.

He introduces himself as Kolja Swintkoop, specialist in bookkeeping. He is the one who wrote you the letter.

The is a sorceress in her 70s, having thin grey hair, a broad jaw and strangely piercing, milky eyes.

She introduces herself as Rhenaya Cerrillio, the Dean of the Academy.

 No.19205

>>19204
Vinifera was a bit put off by her eyes but tries not to make a fuss about it.
"Hello, I'm VInifera Grapevine from Aumond, and this is my friend Nazom. You wanted to see us?"

 No.19206

File: 1632334845438.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19204
>thinks this must be normal for mages

 No.19207

>>19205
>>19206
You can roll for Intelligence to know if it's normal.

"Thank you for coming on such a short notice, the Spectabilis (a title of honor for a Dean) says. We have learned about the heroics in regarding the elven vampire... and frankly, we - or rather the town - is in need of people who have such special 'adventurous' abilities."

 No.19208

>>19206
((Epic is AFK for a bit, so please continue without him.))

 No.19209

File: 1632335226804.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google

>>19207  1d20 = 9
What do you need of us exactly?

 No.19210

>>19209
As you examine her more closely you realize that the reason she has such strange eyes is that she's almost blind.

"Heroes... or mercenaries... whichever term you prefer to use. Daring men who offer their services for a price of gold! Evil is afoot."

One of the servants of the school bring some refreshments of wine, beer and sandwiches.

 No.19211

File: 1632335647270.png (1019 B, 320x416, 10:13, happy_dwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>19210
>beer
You spoil us
>gold
Now you're speaking dwarven!  No evil is too dangerous, and no fee is too exorbitant.  What sort of evil are we talking about?
>graciously accepts the beer and toasts the hosts

 No.19212

File: 1632335911204.jpeg (158.95 KB, 662x927, 662:927, Rhenaya Cerrillio.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>19211
She nods and gives a weak smile, having a sip of wine herself.

"Where to start? Several people have gone missing, sheepherders and peat diggers who live in the countryside. The city guard should have more details.

A trading caravan from the town of Lowangen was attacked by orcs. There have been casualties among the guards. Supposedly demons were among the attackers!

And the peat diggers living at the edge of the marshes have reported sightings of strange... mixed creatures, as they called it. Chimeras! Horned wolves, if their descriptions are correct."

 No.19213

File: 1632336170102.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>19212  demons, you say?
and so, you want us to investigate and find a solution?
what's the pay?

 No.19214

>>19213
"The people of the trading caravan said the orcs (a good dozen it were) were in cahoots with demons. We questioned them and they mentioned 'glowing red eyes' in the fog and unearthly howling sounds."

She took another swig of wine.

"So... we cannot confirm demons - and hopefully it was just the imagination playing tricks on them."

"What we want you to do is find out whether all these occurrences have something to do with each other. Find out what is going on, and stop it - if you can. We are a school, so we have to take care of our students, and cannot undertaker any missions ourselves. And the city guard is more interested on safeguarding the city itself. Though, as I said, they did some investigation from all I heard.

As for payment... the city council is willing to pay each of you 100 gold pieces. We will personally add another 100 gold pieces for each of you."

 No.19215

Vinifera was somewhat distracted but he returned to his senses.

>>19212
>>19214
"Hm... this sounds a bit familiar..." He wonders if there is any connection with the caravans and the orcs from their older adventure through a swamp.

 No.19216

>>19214
>drinks his beer while listening
>resists the urge to spit his drink at hearing 200 gold pieces each
I think you might have found the right pair of adventurers for the job
>>19215  don't you agree, Vin?
>>19214  Has anyone here at the school had any sort of similar experience recently?

 No.19217

File: 1632337012722.jpeg (158.95 KB, 662x927, 662:927, Rhenaya Cerrillio.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>19216
"I am glad we have come to an agreement. We will pay you 50 gold pieces up front.

Oh yes, regarding the chimeras... we asked a local trapper to look for traces. His name is Boronian Steinhauer, he lives at the outskirts of town. He found some tracks but thinks they looked very much like those of goats.

As for your question: No! Luckily there have been no sightings of any sorts here, nor have any of our students gone missing."

 No.19218

>>19216
"Of course, though we would of accepted the task for free if it was that dire..." Remembering he has a wineyard he was trying to get back on it's feet. "...Not that the money wouldn't be appreciated."

>>19214
>In continuing with Naz's quesiton.
"Has any of the students or staff gone missing that maybe related?"

 No.19219

>>19218
She shakes her head firmly.

"No, all our students are accounted for - as are the teachers. And for the time being we also perform no field trips."

 No.19220

>>19217
"We could start with asking him about what he knows... then perhaps ask the guards for a missing persons list so we could narrow down some witnesses."

>>19219
"That's good."
Vinifera made a mental note of this, given if this is magic related then it be suspicious that the Academy is not involved in this some shape of form. If someone is creating chimeras he pressumes they must be some sort of powerful mage, so the academy would be a hot spot for them.

 No.19221

File: 1632337376670.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>19217  we will definitely pay him a visit
That's fortunate.  What about the dwarf groundskeeper?  No reports of evil moles?
>>19220  sounds like a good plan
>eats a sandwich

 No.19222

>>19221
"It was a bit suspiious he claimed moles were eatting the roots of his roses. Moles don't eat roots."

 No.19223

>>19221
She laughs. "Ah, so you met him. No, no evil moles - thought he will surely disagree. But luckily we only have regular old moles on our grounds."

>>19222
((That's modern knowledge. He sees his flowers are withering so he blames the moles.))

 No.19224

>>19223
Vinifera would like to see the groundskeeper dwarf before they leave, to take a rose as a sample.

"A'ight, so I guess we can go find Boronian to start the investigation."

 No.19225

File: 1632337690129.png (47.79 KB, 194x229, 194:229, in_abundance.png) ImgOps Google

>>19224
>>19223
after our payment up front, of course

 No.19226

File: 1632337769881.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19225
>>19224
As you leave the Academy - with all the well wishes from the Dean - you receive your 50 gold pieces.

 No.19227

>>19226
"Thank you."

As they leave they pass by the rose garden again.

"Hold up Naz, I wanna go see if the dwarf gardener can give me one of his roses"

 No.19228

File: 1632337875717.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19226  we won't disappoint
>>19227  ah yes, of course

 No.19229

>>19228
The two head back to the garden. While Vinifera is not a powerful page, he still had his suspicion that the roses maybe effected by whatevers going on.

 No.19230

The dwarf was taking a rest, sitting on several sacks of soil, wiping his brow. His hammer was leaning next to  him and even now he was glancing at the flower beds.

 No.19231

File: 1632338035737.jpg (276.96 KB, 738x550, 369:275, DF.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19230  any luck with the moles?

 No.19232

File: 1632338116214.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>>19231
"You bet I did! I got one of them buggers! But there's always more of the brood."

 No.19233

File: 1632338249505.jpg (118.2 KB, 500x726, 250:363, tumblr_nfrg8gHHg51s2slyjo1….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19232
>is impressed
how did you manage to get it?

 No.19234

>>19232
"I was wondering, given the damage done to your roses, if I can take one of them? Not the fresh ones, the ones that are worse off. I have my suspicions that it may not be moles that are the cause of the problem."

 No.19235

File: 1632338322328.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19233
"Dwarfish perseverance!" He proclaimed proudly.

 No.19236

>>19234
You need a successful Charisma roll for that.

 No.19237

>>19236
"Please..."
d20 = 16

 No.19238

>>19237
"Me beloved roses?! Never!" bellowed the dwarf and was already reaching for his hammer.

 No.19239

File: 1632338611173.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>19235  with it, you're sure to get 'em all
>>19238  rose-snatching elves, too

 No.19240

File: 1632338678424.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19239
"Watch out for them, laddy. Want to know more about what's going on underground than a dwarf. I know the roots of me roses."

 No.19241

>>19238
"P-please, just the one rose you can part with..."
He figures buttering him up might be the way.
"...though I can see why you would be hesitant to part with any of them. Not even a weedy one in the bunch. As a gardener I can see your skill and tender care in these beautiful roses."

 No.19242

>>19239
"C'mon I just want the one rose, not the whole garden."

 No.19243

>>19241
>>19242
You can try another Charisma roll.

 No.19244

>>19243
He continues to try and stroke the dwarfs ego.
"To think, with how most dwarves regard elves as the pansy-loving, tree-hugging, nature-baring beings we are, you can brag that even other elves admire your roses that they have requested from your garden."
>Charisma d20 = 15

 No.19245

>>19244
The dwarf remained adamant! No roses would be dug out as long as there was hope to save one.

>Roll for Perception

 No.19246

>>19245
He signed and looked around for what to do.
>Perception d20 = 15
He would of accepted a rose that the gardender personally uprooted for disposal.

 No.19247

File: 1632339093238.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19244
>rolls his eyes

 No.19248

>>19246
Alas... a bad day for rolls.

>>19247
So did the gardening dwarf.

 No.19249

>>19248
"Well... they're nice roses." He shrugs.

 No.19250

File: 1632339329873.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

So, what's next?

 No.19251

File: 1632339440677.png (30.91 KB, 195x181, 195:181, at_your_service.png) ImgOps Google

>>19250  good luck with the rest of the moles.  we'll leave you and your roses in peace.
>>19249  to the town guard?

 No.19252

>>19250
He bid the gardener fairwell.

>>19251
Yes, town guard and then... oh what was his name? Boronian Steinhauer.

 No.19253

File: 1632339646433.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

>>19252  hes on the outskirts, so maybe we can find him on the way

 No.19254

>>19253
"Yep. But let's stop by the guard station and ask for a list of the recently missing."

 No.19255

File: 1632339853459.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>19254  sounds good
>the two start walking back toward town

 No.19256

File: 1632340063563.jpg (7.31 MB, 4073x5757, 4073:5757, Karte Riva.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

After a short 15 minute walk you reach the town once more.

Here's a map to make navigation easier.

 No.19257

>>19256
>asks the guards at the north gate for the location of the barracks / guard captain

 No.19258

>>19256
((No legend to tell us what the numbers are?))

 No.19259

File: 1632340374024.png (519.23 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, guard21.png) ImgOps Google

>>19257
They inform you that the barracks (and the captain) are located in Castle Drake at the port entrance. (#1 on the map)

>>19258
(No, so the heroes have still some town exploration to do.)

 No.19260

>>19259
After the guards pointing where on the map and some directions, they roughly knew where to go.
"Thanks."

 No.19261

>>19259  thank you, sirs
>to the castle!

 No.19262

Castle Drake is a good 600 years old, defiant looking castle. The city garrison and the dungeon are housed here.

There is also a shrine of the war goddess Rondra in the draughty residential tower.

Large gargoyles can be found adorned the walls and towers.

 No.19263

File: 1632340688637.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>19262
>asks to see the guard captain
>takes a look at the shrine

 No.19264

File: 1632341006811.png (958.66 KB, 620x877, 620:877, Rondra.png) ImgOps Google

>>19263
The guards informed him that the guard captain, Patras Uffaran, would see them in fifteen minutes.

As Nazom stepped up the steps of the tower to find the shrine he was greeted by a strong, cold draft. Through narrow arrow slits he could see the wide ocean.

The shrine itself showed a painting of the Goddess, some donations of coins, candles and even what seemed to be blood could be found on the small altar.

 No.19265

>>19264
Vinifera waited to see the captain, but watches Nazom to see what he's up to.

 No.19266

File: 1632341509040.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>19264
>drops a coin in the donation jar (or equivalent)
>>19265
>whispers loudly to Vin
now this is my kind of goddess, Vin.  well endowed, in the arts of war.

 No.19267

File: 1632341588160.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

((Gotta stop for today, bed time for me.))

 No.19268

File: 1632341655298.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google

>>19267  ((ok, good night!))
>>19265  ((see you next time!))

 No.19269

>>19266
"And here I figured you liked her for being well endowed."
He shrugs.
"I'm just not one for war. Especially if I'm simply told to fight someone elses battled. All that bloodshed and conquest. It's only glorious to the winning side."

He get's up and approach the statue to admire it.

"Still, if I were to take up a fight, it be a fight for peace and a world free from evil."

>>19268
((See you soon.))

 No.19270

File: 1632852616238.jpg (17.99 KB, 193x253, 193:253, Patras Ulfaran.JPG) ImgOps Exif Google

Eventually, the captain of the guard was available and you were beckoned into his office.

Guard captain Patras Ulfaran was a man in his early 60s and certainly found behind his desk rather than out on the streets nowadays...

 No.19271

>>19270
Hello captain, may we enquire about the mysterious dissapearances of late?

 No.19272

>>19271
He pointed at a couple of simple wooden chairs for you to take a seat.

"Certainly... But may I first ask who you are? You are not from around here, obviously."

 No.19273

>>19272
He sits down. "Nope. We were asked by the acadamy to investigate the cause of  dissapearances."

 No.19274

File: 1632852891210.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>19272
>takes a seat and looks around the office

 No.19275

File: 1632853005931.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>19273
"The academy? I see. Well, ask away then, what in particular do you wish to know?"

>>19274
It was a simple office, wooden desk, chairs and boards full with books and even more scrolls. A pair of wall hangings were the only adornments. The single, narrow window allowed for little light to enter.

 No.19276

>>19275
"What we know so far is that various people have went missing. And that a caravan has been attacked by orcs, some claim the orcs were companied by demons.

Those who went missing were petediggers who witness strange creatures.

We figured if we knew some of those who went missing then perhaps we can ask people who knew them, such as witnesses who saw them last."

 No.19277

>>19275  have your guards made any useful findings?

 No.19278

File: 1632853620740.jpg (17.99 KB, 193x253, 193:253, Patras Ulfaran.JPG) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19276
>>19277
"We only questioned a few people in the area. It is our duty to protect the people in the town, not venture off into the swamplands where these sightings have supposedly been made."

He takes out a scroll and begins to read a few notes.

"We asked a few of the sheepherders who visit town. They mentioned that some went missing... animals returned home on their own or were found astray by other herders. Some animals were found dead and partially eaten - dogs or wolfs most likely."

He read further...

"Regarding the orcs and demons... we talked to the men of the caravan that was attacked: They were attacked by a good dozen orcs. Some of them had bows. They claim 'demons' were among the attackers but we can make little of that story. Two of the guards (a man and woman, both around 30) are missing since the attack; likely dead. The other caravan members fled to Riva, leaving their carts and goods behind. Later on the carts were found though, but part of the good were missing - mostly alcohol and dwarvish knifs."

 No.19279

((Epic is afk for a bit! Please go on without him for now!))

 No.19280

((BRB, might be awhile.))

 No.19281

File: 1632853857851.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>19278  Where can we find the sheepherders?

 No.19282

>>19281
If you're lucky in town in the taverns - but mostly likely outside town going about their duties. Most live on the farms an hour or so away from Riva and only visit once a month or so.

 No.19283

File: 1632854129094.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19282  Are there any taverns you'd recommend?

 No.19284

File: 1632854452986.jpg (17.99 KB, 193x253, 193:253, Patras Ulfaran.JPG) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19283
He thinks for a moment. "Most likely in the 'Fox's Coat' in the western part of town. Lots of crooked folk there, but cheap enough for the sheepherders to spend their money in.

 No.19285

File: 1632854671478.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19284  sounds promising.  thank you for your time
>heads out with Vin to find the Fox's Coat

 No.19286

File: 1632854944983.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19285
It is quite a long walk there, going all the way around the port facilities and over the single, large stone bridge crossing the river.

You reach the part of town called 'Undere Wyk' (translating to 'lower aisle'). Here, mainly those craftsmen live whose trade is associated with dirt, noise and stench (tanners as well as tar, pitch or salt boilers).

As you look around for the tavern in question, you notice a placard requesting help and offering a reward.

 No.19287

>>19284
>>19285
"Thank you for your help. After I pry my alcoholic friend here from the tavern we'll do what we can to help."

 No.19288

>>19286  hmmm
>reads the placard
>>19287  there's time to enjoy the local flavor

 No.19289

>>19288
"Alright, one pint then we're off"

 No.19290

>>19288
It's written in a very crude Common...

>roll for Intelligence -2

 No.19291

>>19290  1d20 - 2 = 1

 No.19292

File: 1632855621508.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19291
You manage to read it: A Holberc (apparently some live in Riva too) named Heffel Gulak asks for help... some of their dogs have been stolen and he offers a reward.

 No.19293

File: 1632855787644.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19289  Hey Vin, someone's missing dogs
>points to the sign
but first...
>goes in and takes a look around inside

 No.19294

>>19293
What's it say? Looks familiar.

 No.19295

File: 1632855902203.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>19293
As you enter the tavern you see an assembly of riff-raff of all trades, day laborers and simple workmen who try to relax after a hard day of toil.

 No.19296

File: 1632856080158.png (1019 B, 320x416, 10:13, happy_dwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>19294  A Holberc named Heffel Gulak asks for help had some of his dogs stolen.  There's a reward.
>>19295
>listens to the conversations while wandering up to the bar and orders a drink

 No.19297

>>19296
"Missing dogs? We gotta help."

>>19295
Observes the rough-types.

 No.19298

>>19296
>>19297
Most people seem to be talking about the daily happenings, work, the wife etc. But you also notice a young lad who appears to be a stockman - at least you guess so from his sheepskin coat and stick.

 No.19299

>>19298
Goes over to the stockman.

"Hello."

 No.19300

File: 1632856537901.gif (2.76 MB, 801x756, 89:84, aj98.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19299
"Hello there... what can I do for you?"

 No.19301

>>19300
"We're just asking around of the dissapearances and beast sightings of late."

 No.19302

File: 1632856736263.png (162.32 KB, 500x379, 500:379, aj71.png) ImgOps Google

>>19301
"Whatever for? You don't like the city guard and heck if they will find any of 'em... I bet it's the orcs who took them."

 No.19303

File: 1632856788667.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>19300  have you lost any animals yourself?

 No.19304

File: 1632856872571.png (174.86 KB, 356x463, 356:463, aj86.png) ImgOps Google

>>19303
"No, not me. And the animals are the smallest problem. I've heard from at least three herders that have gone missing and part of the stock with them."

 No.19305

>>19302
Due to the guys farmer accent and the hussle and bussel noise of the tavern, he didn't quite understood what he said.

"You... don't like the local guards?"

>>19304
"And claims of creatures that have been sighted?"

 No.19306

File: 1632857015788.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>19304  Do you know where they went missing from?

 No.19307

File: 1632857232514.png (268.12 KB, 640x360, 16:9, aj70.png) ImgOps Google

>>19305
"They care about the town I guess... but us stockmen don't live here."

>>19305
>>19306
"Some of us looked around, of course. Once we found traces of heavy boots and what appeared to be drag-marks. But that's it. Well, the herding dogs were gone too... all of them. Not dead or anything, just gone."

 No.19308

>>19307
"Missing herding dogs? Has other dogs went missing?"

 No.19309

>>19308
He just shrugs.

 No.19310

>>19309
He wonders to himself, are demons assosiated with the orcs stealing dogs?

 No.19312

File: 1635098381706.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

Everyone ready to continue? Do you need a short summary?

 No.19313

File: 1635098505889.jpg (9.88 KB, 243x208, 243:208, 2016-08-23-1471953931-9314….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19312  summary!

 No.19314

File: 1635098686461.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

The heroes were in the harbor town of Riva.

They were contacted by the Academy of Magic there because things have happened... people have gone missing, supposedly chimeras and demons have been seen. Orcs too.

You talked to the people of the Academy, talked to the captain of the city guard and found a wanted posted by some Holbers (half-orc, half-elf folk) needing help because their dogs have gone missing.

When we finished you were in an inn, asking about those missing dogs and the missing people.

 No.19315

>>19314
((I did had a plan of investigation... but I forgot what I had in mind.))

 No.19316

>>19315
Well, time to think of a new one. For example, you could inquire with the Holberks regarding the missing dogs.

Or you could ask the tracker who searched the area for the academy.

 No.19317

>>19316
He ponders for a moment, still feeling a bit lagged at his train of thought.

"Maybe we should talk to the Holberks."

 No.19318

File: 1635099261234.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>looks around the tavern

 No.19319

File: 1635099320331.png (305.66 KB, 544x576, 17:18, aj41.png) ImgOps Google

>>19317
>>19318
The sheepherder you were talking with gave you a puzzled look.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?"

 No.19320

File: 1635099407272.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>19319  tell us about your sheep

 No.19321

File: 1635099608605.png (145.92 KB, 900x772, 225:193, aj40.png) ImgOps Google

>>19320
"Everything's alright with them so far. But like I said, some of the herders have gone missing, some of the dogs have gone missing and some sheep too. It's pretty unsafe outside at the moment."

 No.19322

>>19321  When were you last out with your herd?

 No.19323

>>19319
>>19321
Vinifera looked a bit confused, as if he was out of sorts a bit, trying to recall his train of thoughts.

He turns to Naz.
"We should ask the tracker. The tracker has searched academy grounds... right?"

 No.19324

File: 1635099762056.png (360.68 KB, 856x557, 856:557, aj55.png) ImgOps Google

>>19322
"Just today, Sir. I have no choice but do what I get paid for by the farmers."

 No.19325

>>19323
((He has searched the swamplands where people have gone missing.))

 No.19326

File: 1635099793021.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>19323  maybe most definitely!
>>19324  what do the farmers have to say about things?

 No.19327

File: 1635099845048.gif (2.76 MB, 801x756, 89:84, aj98.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19326
"Well, they aren't happy about their sheeps having gone missing mostly. It often takes days to gather up what's left of them as they are all over."

 No.19328

>>19324
>>19326
"Y-yes, sorry. I'm a bit out of sorts. So you were just out with the herd today and witness the sheep or dognapping?"

 No.19329

>>19328
"Oh no, it has happened over many weeks. Every once in a while some of the herders have gone missing. Sometimes a dog too. And sheep.

No one has witnessed it. I heard that some of the peat diggers have gone missing too.

We searched but only found some tracks from heavy boots."

 No.19330

>>19329  Have you found any sheep remains?

 No.19331

File: 1635100091039.png (234.21 KB, 394x368, 197:184, aj27.png) ImgOps Google

>>19330
"No, no remains at all. They are just gone. Maybe some of the them have wandered into the nearby swamps and drowned there."

 No.19332

>>19329
"I see. Have you heard any strange or epculiar noises out in the fields or place of work? Eerie noises or the very least a sense or paranoia?"

 No.19333

File: 1635100344813.png (201.25 KB, 800x450, 16:9, aj32.png) ImgOps Google

>>19332
He ponders for a bit.

"Well... actually, yes. I think I saw something at night. About the size of wolves, two or three of them. My dog started acting strangely too. I thought it was wolfs. Gave a real creepy growl though... very strange."

 No.19334

>>19333
"Hm... so could be wolves killing sheep and dogs?"

 No.19335

File: 1635100665864.jpg (16.12 KB, 383x344, 383:344, aj169.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19334
"A pack, maybe... but so many times in such a short time. And no one was able to kill any of them? It's not like we're unarmed. I doubt it. It never happened before. Wolfs don't live in this part, only further away in the woods."

 No.19336

>>19333  Have you talked with the tracker about it?

 No.19337

>>19335
"Wolves could be provoked though. But I won't rule out the accounts of demons and what-not."

 No.19338

>>19336
"No, not really. I know where he lives though. His name is Boronian Steinhauer."

>>19337
"Like I said, no wolves in these parts."

 No.19339

File: 1635100968951.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>19338  Where can we find him?

 No.19340

>>19338
"Normally no, but it could be a desperate pack of wolves from elsewhere that had to leave their usual territories and desperate enough to attack populated places. Or they could be beasts that are controlled by something or someone."

>>19338
>>19339
"Yes, where can we find the tracker?"

 No.19341

>>19339
He explained where he was living, in another part of town but easy to find.

 No.19342

File: 1635101194292.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19341
>>19340
Vin, let's see if the Tracker can give us some more leads.
>thanks the sheep herder

 No.19343

>>19342
"Good idea."

>>19341
"Thank you for your help."

 No.19344

File: 1635101391726.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19342
>>19343
A good twenty minutes later they found the shed at eastern part of town near the city wall.

A bald man with greying hair, well into his 50, was sitting in front of the shed, carving into a piece of wood with a sharp knife.

 No.19345

>>19344
"Hello, is this Boronian Steinhauer? Tracker for the Academy?"

 No.19346

File: 1635101498539.png (1019 B, 320x416, 10:13, happy_dwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>19344  Greetings; we're looking for t---  >>19345

 No.19347

File: 1635101536054.jpg (16.38 KB, 197x262, 197:262, Boronian Steinhauer.JPG) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19345
>>19346
"I am Boronian Steinhauer. Hunter is my profession and I am a good tracker if I do say so myself. I work for anyone who pays, the Academy included."

 No.19348

File: 1635101754428.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

>>19347  Are you still in the service of the Academy?

 No.19349

>>19348
"I searched the area near the swamp for them. That was my job. So, no at the moment I'm not."

 No.19350

File: 1635101977234.png (47.79 KB, 194x229, 194:229, in_abundance.png) ImgOps Google

>>19349  Did you find anything interesting?

 No.19351

File: 1635102113239.jpg (16.38 KB, 197x262, 197:262, Boronian Steinhauer.JPG) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19350
"Well, the Academy sent me out to see if there are any tracks because people have gone missing near the marshlands. They particularly asked if there were any unusual tracks...

I did find tracks indeed - and they were unusual. They appeared to be made by goats."

 No.19352

>>19351
"Goat tracks... Did you per chance heard any noises? Or perhaps felt any thing off? Like paranoia?"

 No.19353

>>19351  Where did the goat tracks lead?

 No.19354

>>19352
>>19353
"Into the marshes. And it's quite unusual as goats don't dwell here. Wild goats I mean. And from what I know no one owns any goats here either.

I didn't feel anything off, though of course I've heard about the stories. Strange creatures, orcs and whatnot.

I've been out hunting for 40 years. I don't spook easily."

 No.19355

>>19354
Vinifera wondered if it was cloven devil-hooves or the likes.

"Any particular direction through the marshes?"

 No.19356

File: 1635102545472.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19354  We're investigating the disappearances as well on behalf of the Academy.  Would you be willing to help us track down the goats?  There's surely a hefty paycheck in it for you.

 No.19357

File: 1635102608973.jpg (16.38 KB, 197x262, 197:262, Boronian Steinhauer.JPG) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19355
"I could follow them for a good mile before I lost them. They were leading south into the deeper marshes."

>>19356
"He rubbed his chin. Well, some coin would always come in handy. What are you offering?"

 No.19358

>>19356
"Having a tracker show us the way would help than us fumbling for goats in the swamp."

 No.19359

>>19357
"If the Academy won't pay a feel fr you help, I can offer 20 gold." (I forgot the the currency was called other than gold, silver and bronze hundreds)

 No.19360

>>19359
As he heard that offer he instantly got up. "You have a deal. We can leave any time."

 No.19361

>>19358  I agree
>>19357  how's 40 gold sound?

 No.19362

File: 1635102921996.jpg (16.38 KB, 197x262, 197:262, Boronian Steinhauer.JPG) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19360
>>19361
"40 gold?! We can leave right away, I'll find you your tracks."

 No.19363

>>19361
"As in, you're giving him 40 durats along with my 20 or we both giving him 20 durats?"

>>19362
"Alright. While we won't ask you to go into danger this includes making sure we're there and back again safely."

 No.19364

>>19363  20 each
>>19362  excellent

 No.19365

>>19363
"Let me just grab my bow." He said, a couple of minutes later he came out with his gear, bow, quiver and hunting knife. Also a long stick to feel the ground in the dangerous marshes.

 No.19366

>>19365
Vinifera gives him his half of the payment. Whenever Naz wants to give him his half now or later is his decision.

 No.19367

File: 1635103321309.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google

>>19366
>will pay his half later

 No.19368

File: 1635103367918.jpg (16.38 KB, 197x262, 197:262, Boronian Steinhauer.JPG) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19366
He pockets the coins after biting into a coin to test it.

"Do you have your things with you? We might have to camp out in the marshes."

 No.19369

>>19368
"We have everything. We're hardy adventuring sorts."

 No.19370

Boronian Steinhauer led you towards the city gates when he suddenly stopped. Did you hear that?

>roll for Perception

 No.19372

>>19370
>1d20 = 5

 No.19373

>>19370
d20 = 19

 No.19374

File: 1635103988566.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19372
>>19373
Naz has the sharper ears today... he could hear a commotion in an alleyway up ahead. A young female voice gave a surprised - or scared - shriek.

 No.19375

File: 1635104040056.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19374
>>19373
quick!  something up ahead!
>runs toward the commotion

 No.19376

>>19375
He follows Naz.

 No.19377

File: 1635104147320.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>>19375
>>19376
Boronian was following you. As you reached the shady alley you saw four obviously drunk men of bad character surrounding a young elven girl. She seemed rather taken aback and confused.

 No.19378

File: 1635104268909.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>19377  Hey!

 No.19379

>>19377
Vinifera steps forward.
"I think she has had quite enough for tonight. You should leave her alone."

 No.19380

File: 1635104473608.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19378
>>19379
The four man seemed surprised at firs as the trio arrived. They swore and shook their fists, swearing that they only wanted to show the young lass the good places of town.

>roll for Charisma

 No.19381

>>19380
d20 = 15

 No.19382

>>19380  1d20 = 3

 No.19383

File: 1635104720348.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19381
>>19382
They gave toothy grins as they judged the elf... but as they saw the grim Nazom standing there their expressions changed. They slowly backed off - still swearing - and left.

 No.19384

File: 1635104762378.jpg (118.2 KB, 500x726, 250:363, tumblr_nfrg8gHHg51s2slyjo1….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19383  are you alright, ma'am?

 No.19385

>>19383
Vinifera gave a smirk. Thinking they were intimidated by him and not the obviously more sturdier dwarf next to him.

 No.19386

File: 1635104959187.gif (76.1 KB, 386x536, 193:268, Lauriel.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19384
>>19385
"Oh... hello. Who are you?" She looked confused at the other men leaving. "How strange..."

 No.19387

>>19386
"I'm vinifera, and this is my friend Naz and Boronian."

 No.19388

>>19387
"Hello, friend elf, I am Lauriel Eveninsgsong. Have you seen my friend?"

 No.19389

>>19388
"No sorry. Naz heard your screams and we just arrived."

 No.19390

>>19388  We didn't see anyone else.  Did you lose your friend?

 No.19391

File: 1635105551369.gif (76.1 KB, 386x536, 193:268, Lauriel.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19389
>>19390
"Oh, I hope I haven't startled you. I saw a filthy rat... there's so much filth and bad air in this place. How can humans live here? I already miss the forest and meadows..."

She shook her head and sighed.

"Oh, yes! I have come here searching for our kinsman Navahon. He deals with the humans of this town every two months and has not returned from his last trip."

 No.19392

>>19391
"I'm more of a country rural elf myself. We thought your screams was because of those drunkards?

What exactly is Navahon's business around here?"

 No.19393

>>19392
She seemed to have not even realized the men were trying to do something to her. She seemed to have no experience with humans or towns or anything related to it.

"To trade. He trades carvings and herbs for various things."

 No.19394

>>19393
"Yeah but, does he have anyone in particular to trade to? Such as someone he does business with? Maybe a place or a name?"

 No.19395

>>19393  Where did you come from?

 No.19396

File: 1635106117267.gif (76.1 KB, 386x536, 193:268, Lauriel.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19394
>>19395
"I... I don't know. He never mentioned that. He just says he comes here to trade.

We are the Dew-Wanderers... we live in a forest, a day's walk to the east of this town. Are you a dwarf?"

 No.19397

File: 1635106188273.jpg (16.38 KB, 197x262, 197:262, Boronian Steinhauer.JPG) ImgOps Exif Google

"I have seen an elf selling herbs a couple of times on the market square. Not recently though."

 No.19398

>>19396
>>19397
Vinifera wants to help her, but with hardly much information to go by and the fact Boronian was waiting patiently for them to travel through the swamps tonight, he didn't see much he could do for her.

"I think what would be best is to return home to the forest. After me and Naz return from the swamp we can help look for your friend."

He turns to Naz.
"Unless we divide and investigate. One of us goes east to the forest, the other south to the swamp."

 No.19399

File: 1635106344902.jpg (118.2 KB, 500x726, 250:363, tumblr_nfrg8gHHg51s2slyjo1….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19396  that I am.

 No.19400

>>19398  sounds good to me

 No.19401

>>19400
"So we should divide for the time being?"

((I know splitting up the party in a TTRP is harrowing for dungeon masters. But if both players cannot be present to continue the RP then we could take turns when available.))

 No.19402

File: 1635106603622.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19401
((Yeah, we could do that. Anyway, I'm afraid it's bed time for me. I hope we can continue soon.))

 No.19403

>>19401  depends on Lauriel I suppose

 No.19404

>>19402
Good night.

>>19403
"A'ight. One of us helps Lauriel, the other is with Boronian. Who should it be?"

 No.19405

>>19402  (good night!)
>>19404  I'll leave it up to you.

 No.19406

>>19405
"Hm... I perhaps best go with Lauriel to her elven community. Not all elves are as open and accepting to dwarves as I am and they might be more comfortable talking to another elf than a non-elf. Will you be alright out in the swamps with Boronian? I don't want you to feel you got the short end of the stick here."

 No.19407

>>19406  That will do.  We'll find the beasts in no time.

 No.19408

>>19407
"A'ight. We'll meet up at the tavern tommorow evening and discuss what we find out."

 No.19409

File: 1635430992035.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

So, what will Vinifera do then?

 No.19410

>>19409
He goes up to Lauriel.

"May I come with you? I have some questions for the Dew-Wanderers."

 No.19411

File: 1635431196268.gif (76.1 KB, 386x536, 193:268, Lauriel.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19410
"What kind of questions? I am sure I can tell you all you wish to know."

 No.19412

>>19411
"Quesitons like, if your people have seen anything strange happenings around your part of the forest, or maybe someone knows more of Navahon to get a better lead on his dissapearance."

 No.19413

>>19412
"She shakes her head. No, there has been nothing out of the ordinary in the forest nor its surroundings." she says with certainty, after all she lives there.

"As for Navahon, he talks little of this time in the city, nor do we ask much. It's a strange place..." she says, half to herself, looking around.

"How can humans live in these dead buildings of rock and dead wood? Even the ground is made of cold stone."

 No.19414

>>19413
"Eh humans are like that and we elves aren't that different. We have our own needs and comforts just like they do even if those requirements are different. But take them away and starve them long enough and the worse of us will claw to the surface."

He ponders at what he thought of for awhile.

"So, your friend Navahon, anywhere in particular in town he does business you know of?"

 No.19415

File: 1635432060000.gif (76.1 KB, 386x536, 193:268, Lauriel.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19414
"I am not sure we have much in common. We live in different worlds... and perhaps you have already dwelled in theirs for too long, friend."

She ponders for a moment.

"But be it as it may, Navahon only mentioned that he would trade in the big town of men, in a rocky tomb where much trading is done."

 No.19416

>>19415
"Rocky tomb? How much of humans do you know about in general"?

 No.19417

>>19416
"They live short lives, take more from the world than they give and they cower before gods. Most are good and peaceful though, but there are too many of them. So our elders say."

>roll for Intelligence +2

 No.19418

>>19417
"You are right that they tend to take more than they need and fear many-many gods. Isn't that reason enough to pity them?"

d20 = 4

 No.19419

>>19418
"Perhaps so..."

A rocky tomb where trading is done... certainly Navahon meant the market hall at the main square.

 No.19420

>>19419
Vinifera looks around the street.
"I guess I can show you around this town a little so you can get to know people around here more. All the while we can try and find your friend. I'm guessing the market hall would be close to something that looks like a tomb."

 No.19421

>>19420
She agrees though she feels uncomfortable. There were so many people, so many distorted sounds, so much stone and such stench unknown to her.

Eventually you reach the market hall. It was almost 20 meters high and had an elaborately painted wooden ceiling inside. Inside there were numerous market stands.
Outside were galleries with various dealers (astrologers, tooth-pullers, portrait painters, apothecary ...).

 No.19422

>>19421
As they walked through the market together, Vinifera asks a few more questions.
"So Navahon, what exactly did he traded in?"

 No.19423

>>19422
"He traded wooden carvings and herbs for whatever we need or bring us joy. A blade, a pretty bauble, spices ..."

 No.19424

>>19423
"Hm... I guess we should ask around the apothacy then."

 No.19425

>>19424
"You have more experience with humans... I let you do that."

 No.19426

>>19425
He takes her to the apothecary.

"Hello?"

 No.19427

>>19426
An elderly man welcomed them. "Hello there, what can I get you?"

 No.19428

>>19427
((What's the apoth look like?))

"Hello, I was wondering if you were familiar with any other elves. Do you know Navahon?"

 No.19429

File: 1635436992332.jpg (12.06 KB, 142x166, 71:83, Apothecary.JPG) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19428
"Elves? Well, I know the one running that tavern in town... But a Navahon? What does he look like?"

 No.19430

>>19429
"Uh... she can describe him. All I know he does business around here trading carvings and herbs."

 No.19431

>>19430
"He is slim, having blond hair with two plaits over his ears. Blue eyes. About as tall as I am. He sells wooden carvings and herbs."

The pharmacists eyes light up.

"Ah, him... yes, yes, I remember him now! Blond elf selling herbs. Haven't seen him in months."

 No.19432

>>19431
"Months? That's how long he's been gone? Tell me, do you know if has friends in town, or places he prefers to spend time in?"

 No.19433

File: 1635439799373.gif (76.1 KB, 386x536, 193:268, Lauriel.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19432
"I think he left again right away. Certainly didn't sleep inside town."

Lauriel shook her heads.

"It's been a few months since he was last here." She sighs. "That means he likely never even made it into the town. We should ask the people at the gates."

 No.19434

>>19433
"Alright. The gate keepers may know of something."

 No.19435

File: 1635779738095.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19434
She nods and lets Vinifera take charge as she was not certain where the gates where.

 No.19436

>>19435
He leads the way to the gates until he come across the guards.

"Hello Hello, I was wondering if I can inquire something."

 No.19437

File: 1635779963714.png (419.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, guard17.png) ImgOps Google

>>19436
A pair of guards was stationed at each of the gats. There was little traffic going on.

"Yes, what is it?"

 No.19438

>>19437
"We we're wondering if you've seen any other male elves of late. We're looking for a missing friend. A Dew-Wanderer elf who comes to town to sell carvings and wares. Have you seen him around?"

 No.19439

File: 1635780290731.png (416.14 KB, 900x900, 1:1, guard19.png) ImgOps Google

>>19438
They talked to each other for a few moments. "No, we haven't seen any elves besides of a female one today, and I think that's her right there."

 No.19440

>>19439
"I see. Perchance you know of anyone who keep records of visitors to tow who may help us?"

 No.19441

File: 1635780521612.png (59.95 KB, 180x322, 90:161, guard6.png) ImgOps Google

>>19440
"There are no records being taken, there's no need to. We just control anyone coming in who's not a citizen."

 No.19442

>>19441
"But not coming out if we can't find our friend... OK, where else could elves potentially hang out around here?"

 No.19443

File: 1635785515486.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19442
They inform Vinifera and Lauriel that there is nothing like a usual hangout for elves in town. It is very rare that any of them drop by and if so they will likely sleep at any random inn like anyone else.

 No.19444

>>19443
"I see."

He turns to Lauriel.

"Per chance Boronian ever told you where he usually sleeps in town?"

 No.19445

>>19444
(On downstairs computer, almost forgot my tripcode.)

 No.19446

File: 1635787543082.gif (76.1 KB, 386x536, 193:268, Lauriel.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19444
(You mean Navahon. Boronian is the human tracker.)

"Navahon never mentioned that. I think he usually slept outside of town really as he did not want to stay inside that much."

 No.19447

>>19446
"Okay, I guess we'll walk towards where the Dew Wanderers reside and see if we can find any clues to what happened to him."

 No.19448

>>19447
(Sorry, AFK for 10 minutes or so.)

 No.19449

>>19448
That's fine. Though hoprfully notification will alert me of your response.

 No.19450

>>19447
"I think I know which way he usually travels, we can surely follow it."

 No.19451

>>19450
"OK, lead the way."

((I can't access my stat sheet at the moment, but what would happen if I use mind-friending spell on another elf?))

 No.19452

File: 1635789650085.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19451
((The same as with anyone else really.))

Lauriel and Vinifera left Riva behind them and ventured down the road taking them east. It was an often used road, broad and well maintained.

 No.19453

>>19452
As they walked, Vinifera let Lauriel walked ahead a bit. She was unaware of him raising a hand Jedi-style towards her but she softly heard him say... "Bammbaladin"

 No.19454

>>19453
Roll 6d6 plus 12 please.

 No.19455

>>19454
d20 + 12 = 21

 No.19456

>>19455
No, 6d6, not a d20.

 No.19457

>>19456
((Thank goodness, worst roll ever. Spell probably would of backfired on me and I ended up simping. Plus the projector is a bit blurry. Might hea back upstairs.))

6d6 + 12 = 35

 No.19458

>>19457
[3d6 + 25 = 36]

 No.19459

File: 1635790509462.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19457
>>19458
Unfortunately your spell has failed to do anything by 1 measly point.

 No.19460

((I'm back upstairs.))

>>19459
"Damn..." he thought to himself. "Hopefully she didn't know what I was trying to do."
For all he knew, she could be the one behind all these dissapearances of late and is actually some powerful sorceress. It was suspicious for even a rather secluded elf to not know basic human stuff. All he can do is keep his guard up around her without alerting her to anything, that is if she isn't already suspicious of him.

 No.19461

File: 1635791060214.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19460
They slowly kept on walking along the road. It was a slow walk because Lauriel kept her eyes peeled on the area to the left and right of the road to find any signs of her friend.

She did not seem to have noticed him trying to cast a spell on her.

 No.19462

>>19461
So it seems... But he figured if he tried again then his next failure might alert her. He will still be nice to her but will keep sharp and suspicious around her.

"Let's look around the area. Signs of tracks, struggle or anything he might have dropped."

((Does it still cost 8MP if failed?))

 No.19463

>>19462
((No, a failed spell costs half the MP)).

>roll for Perception +4 three times.

 No.19464

>>19463
Vinifera looks around the dirt road.
d20 = 9d20 = 19d20 = 19d20 = 6

 No.19465

>>19464
It was already getting late as Vinifera noticed a small object stuck and trodden into the muddy ground on the roadside.

 No.19466

>>19465
He picks it out from the ground and wipes off the mud with his gloves, getting a better look at it.

 No.19467

File: 1635791892348.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>19466
It appeared to be a small elfish brooch. Lauriel walked on over to give it a look and realized it was her friend's! She wore a similar one.

 No.19468

>>19467
"Hm..."
He looks around the area where he found it, trying to see if it looks like a struggle or not.

 No.19469

>>19468
>roll for Perception

 No.19470

>>19469
d20 = 18

 No.19471

>>19470
You looked and looked but you did not seem to find anything.

d20 = 10

 No.19472

File: 1635792268837.gif (76.1 KB, 386x536, 193:268, Lauriel.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19471
"Look, there's an old fireplace over there!" Lauriel called from a bit further up ahead.

 No.19473

>>19472
"Alright. Let's investigate. But stay behind me, it could be trouble."

 No.19474

>>19473
She nodded and stayed behind Vinifera, wondering if he would find anything.

 No.19475

>>19474
Vinifera approaches the campfire, but stays just outside of the fires range of light. He looks to see if anyone is around the fire.

 No.19476

>>19475
It was an old fireplace and there as no light at all. You'd have to either light one or use a spell.

 No.19477

>>19476
Instead of lighting the fire, he looks around to see if he can find anything. Maybe this was Navahon's campsite.

 No.19478

File: 1635792965996.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

Roll for Intuition and Perception.

If you make a fire first (or use a FLIM FLAM spell) the rolls are both -3.

 No.19479

>>19478
Vinifera figured lighting the fire would be a bad idea. After all whatever took Navahon away might have found him by his fire light.

Init. d20 = 1
Perc. d20 = 9

 No.19480

File: 1635793499680.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>19479
As you looked around you found out the following:

- There were signs of a struggle. Scrub marks of someone being dragged were leading south east.
- There are print marks of four pairs of boots.
- You found three elvish arrows. Two stuck in a tree, one stuck in the ground.

 No.19481

>>19480
Vinifera tries to line up the arrows to some of the print marks on the ground, trying to guess how the arrows were fired.

 No.19482

File: 1635793700468.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19481
They were fired from the camp towards the south east.

 No.19483

>>19482
"If I had to guess", he said to Lauriel, "Navahon was here. He encountered three intruders. He appeared to shoot first given the range of the arrow."

He examines the footprints, to see how big they were.

 No.19484

File: 1635793888993.jpg (111.33 KB, 517x342, 517:342, twi195.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19483
The prints were about human sized. And not the kind of footwear an elf would wear.

 No.19485

>>19484
"Hm... He could of been wearing human shoes, but so would his attackers. This might rule out big-footed orcs."

 No.19486

File: 1635794301416.gif (76.1 KB, 386x536, 193:268, Lauriel.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19485
"Navahon never had any human shoes. He wears our people's footwear."

 No.19487

>>19486
"Huh..."
He looked around one more time, looking for more elven-like foot prints. Even looking along the trejectory of the arrows.

 No.19488

>>19487
Roll for Perception twice.

 No.19489

>>19488
d20 = 16d20 = 8

 No.19490

File: 1636571855747.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19489
You carefully examine the surroundings once more. You find no further tracks from Navahon the elf.

 No.19491

>>19490
"Hmm... Was  Navahon perhaps skilled in archery?" He asked Lauriel.

 No.19492

>>19491
She nods. "Yes, he was. All of us are to an extent. And these arrow were definitely of elvish craft."

 No.19493

>>19492
"Well, if I had to guess. Navahon was camping out here. However he was approached by three humans. These humans subdue him and dragged him off south east. Given the range of the arrow it's possible he shot first meaning he felt threatened by the humans. Either they were hiding for him to do ill intent or might be possible they were just a bunch of humans who investigating the light of his fire, dodged the arrow and went on the defence. Eitherway we should go south east to follow these drag marks.

 No.19494

File: 1636572596158.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19493
She listened carefully. "Oh no... that does not bode well but what you have just said makes sense. I fear you read the marks right...."

"Let's follow the drag marks then."

>roll for Intuition -2

 No.19495

>>19494
"I'm hoping it will all be just a misunderstanding that can be resolved. But if not, you might want to return to your people and let me rescue Navahon on my own. It might get dangerous."

d20 - 2 = 16

 No.19496

File: 1636572846885.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>19495
Alas, it seemed your talking to Lauriel distracted you from your task. You lose the track after just a few paces.

 No.19497

>>19496
"Ah! Gods dammit!"
He retakes his steps and tries to find the drag marks.
"Well it's roughly south east of here, right?"

 No.19498

>>19497
Lauriel examines the tracks and nods "Yes, it seems so..."

>roll Intuition -2 once more

 No.19499

>>19498
d20 - 2 = 7

 No.19500

File: 1636573363876.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19499
Your focus was much better now, you notice that the trail goes across the street and continues to the other side.

>roll for Perception -1

 No.19501

>>19500
d20 - 1 = 2
Vinifera keeps close to the trail and follows it.

 No.19502

>>19501
Nice roll... you can easily follow the trail and eventually it leads to the edge of the treacherous marshlands.

>roll for Intuition
OR
>roll for Perception

 No.19503

>>19502
>Intuition d20 = 14

 No.19504

Lauriel rolls too...

d20 = 20

 No.19505

File: 1636573805219.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19503
>>19504
Ah shoot... well, the trail leads deeper into the marshes. It would be dangerous to go on from here without Nazom.

 No.19506

>>19505
"Damn." (Too late for perception roll)
"It's too risky to go in..."

 No.19507

File: 1636574014170.gif (76.1 KB, 386x536, 193:268, Lauriel.gif) ImgOps Google

>>19506
"Yes, it looks like treacherous round. Poor Navahon. What shall we do now?"

 No.19508

>>19507
"If Naz was here we could brave this together... I mean, I guess I could go alone..."
He tries to evaluate the risk of going into a trecherous place.
"And I know you shouldn't come with. Way too dangerous."

 No.19509

File: 1636574273507.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>19508
She nods... "I understand. You seem to be an experienced traveler, while I only know the woods of my home well."

It's definitely too dangerous to continue on alone, who knows what you would find. Or who would find you.

 No.19510

>>19509
"Let's return to town... unless you wish to return to your people."

 No.19511

>>19510
"No, I will come with you for now. I feel tired and I fear that evil is afoot in this place. It is no good being out here on my own."

 No.19512

>>19511
He turned red a little at the thought she feels more safe with him than with her people.
"Okay. Let's head back then."


[]
[Return] [Go to top]
[ home ] [ pony / townhall / rp / canterlot / rules ] [ arch ]