[ home ] [ pony / rp / canterlot ] [ arch ]

/rp/ - Roleplay

Cutie Mark Crusader Clubhouse
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

[Return][Go to bottom]

 No.7647[Last 50 Posts]

File: 1499128980811.jpg (189.18 KB, 800x600, 4:3, dungeons_and_ponies_plus_o….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Introduction
This is the ToE roleplay thread where players who have created their own pony character can come on in and adventure with others in the world of MLP. If you want to join the thread then please check out the OOC thread and submit a character sheet and await for approval.

Rules
All of the rules stated in the ToE core rule book is applied here with the exception of a few house rules.  First off when a character gains a new level, they will upgrade a single trait of their choice, upgrade their Cutie Mark Skill, and upgrade/learn 3 new skills. Skills can not be upgraded more than once per level. Also a character will only ever have two quirks to their character and will not gain new quirks when raising their level.

Final Word
The last thing to note is that if you have any questions or suggestions then you may contact me in the OOC thread or in the discord chat if you want to make a voice call. I hope you sign up and join us for these adventures

Signed, Critical Hit

 No.7649

File: 1499129449622.jpg (203.74 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, Gt playing fallout 3 gt ge….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

You find yourselves out in the middle of a town whose name that you recall is Ponyville. It's a mostly quiet with the occasional pivotal moment in history but now it is mostly known for being the home of the Princess of Friendship, Twilight Sparkle.

You wonder what it is like for a moment what it is like to be in such a position of power while the sounds of the market place fill your ears and the smells of fresh foods graze across your nostrils. Now though the attention of what you had been previously doing has once again caught your attention and you check out what you had bought from the market in terms of groceries.

Why not roleplay a bit and imagine what your characters had bought today for lunch.

 No.7669

File: 1499265810778.png (16.07 KB, 100x100, 1:1, mac20.png) ImgOps Google

Summer Rye was looking around the market, bustling with activity. He had purchased a big apple pie and a whole bushel of apples mixed with some carrots that he carried in his bucket. Even though he had already eaten half the pie his stomach was still rumbling and he pondered whether to give in and eat the rest right away.

 No.7671

>>7669
To him the pie does seem delicious and would probably taste good as a mid afternoon snack. Could he resist eating the rest of his pie.

I'll be doing a Mind Test (Difficulty 3) against a downgraded roll of your mind stat due to your always hungry quirk.

Mind Test DC3 1d4 = 4

 No.7672

File: 1499278403969.jpg (102.5 KB, 600x522, 100:87, kendrick-lamar-reaction-me….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7671
Summer Rye has the ability to contain himself from eating the pie with no recourse but that doesn't mean he can't choose to eat it now.

 No.7673

File: 1499280332933.png (135.33 KB, 1000x1000, 1:1, mac35.png) ImgOps Google

>>7672
He sighed, looking at his pie. But then wrapped it into the foild it came with and put it into his saddle bag. With a smile he munched a helping of apples and carrots instead. :P

 No.7677

>>7673
As he chews his food, which is much sweeter than the grain foods his family grew, he was joined by his newly found companion Epic Mount who had agreed about a few days ago to work together to help Summer Rye save his family farm. Epic Mount being the quiet but stalwart fellow, often used Summer Rye as his own buffer against social interactions whereas Summer Rye enjoyed Epic's presence for his raw strength like Rye's father had back on the farm. Rye wasn't as tough as his father but he was most certainly more mindful which is why Rye is out in the world to save his family farm. Epic's natural desire to protect things is often inhibited by not being able to go on adventures with the Mane 6 so when he met Rye, Epic knew that this would be his chance to help others in the world.

 No.7678

>>7677
Summer Rye offered Epic his bucket full of vegetables as he saw him approach. All this time he munched away on the apples which were much different to wheat and rye. Now… how to make any money around this place?

Summer Rye glanced at his surrounding - maybe there was a bulletin board with job offerings somewhere.

 No.7679

File: 1499335263929.png (95.67 KB, 591x599, 591:599, Epic Mount.png) ImgOps Google

>>7678
>Epic accepted just a single carrot to munch on.
What are we doing out here Rye?

 No.7681

>>7679
"Well, I am looking for a job or another. I need to raise some bits. Our farm in Trottingham hasn't been doing so well recently. It's not a good year for crops."

 No.7682

>>7681
When you said you needed to "save your family's farm", I figured it was being attacked by mobs of monsters or something. I don't know anything on raising money

 No.7683

>>7682
"Oh… but no bits is worse than any monsters. You can't just shoo a lack of funds off! Well, if you're good at ruffles then we could try making money that way. With my brains and your brawn we'll make an excellent team."

 No.7684

>>7683
By brains you mean your gut instinct… "Ruffles"?

 No.7685

>>7684
"Um… scuffles! That's the word."

 No.7686

>>7685
Scuffles… so you want me to make you money by fighting?

 No.7687

File: 1499353297500.png (75.26 KB, 388x224, 97:56, mac16.png) ImgOps Google

>>7686
Summer Rye takes a while to answer as he munches several apples and carrots at once.

"Mmh… mh… What I mean is…" munch munch munch… "That maybe if ponies are in trouble we could help them. And make some bits."

 No.7688

File: 1499353478999.png (63.94 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount pokerface.png) ImgOps Google

>>7687
Hm, I dunno, I don't think it's right to profit off the troubles of others.

 No.7689

File: 1499354080125.jpg (23.26 KB, 768x432, 16:9, mac23.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7688
"Well, doing it for free would be a noble cause.  But that's not helping the family farm."

 No.7690

>>7689
Well, we could ask Applejack what she may suggest.
(Though dunno who'll be playing NPCs.)
Though she might be busy with royal friendship business. Something about a table or something.

 No.7691

>>7690
(RPG rules say all NPCs are played by the DM)

 No.7692

>>7691
(Oh, so matter if Criticals around to let us meet Applejack or not.)
She does know more about running a farm than I do.

 No.7693

File: 1499401668876.png (207.02 KB, 1280x1020, 64:51, fluttershy.png) ImgOps Google

>>7690
>>7692
Before the two are about to leave, Rye reaches into his bags for one last snack but instead he pulls out what seemed to be a small white rabbit that had been eating all of his produce when they were talking, the pie is still safe though.

The rabbit, which Epic recognizes as Angel Bunny, frees itself from Rye's grasp and hops to the ground. Fluttershy soon comes around the corner of one of the buildings and Angel hops onto Fluttershy

"Oh Angel, you shouldn't be stealing other pony's food like that" she scolds. "I'm sorry about that, Angel does like to get into trouble a lot."

She then looks over to Epic and smiles.

"Epic I am glad I found you though, you see Twilight and the others are being sent somewhere by the map and all of us need to go on this adventure. I know you would like to come along but we need somepony to look after all of our pets while we are away. You and your friend can stay at my cottage for the time being until we return, is that okay?"

It would seem that the Mane 6 are going to be away for a while and they need someponies to look after their animal companions while they are gone.

 No.7694

>>7693
Summer Rye was kneeling before his now sadly empty bucket. He shook his head in dismay and already his stomach was grumbling in disappointment.

Then he looked up and sighed. "Welll, what's gone is gone. What was that about pets?"

 No.7695

>>7694
On at 2am eh? Well we won't go too far without

She becomes more shy when talking to Rye. Rye can tell that she is probably more familiar with Epic to overcome her social anxieties but considering that Epic suffers the same social ineptitude so maybe they feel comfortable to each other due to sharing the same common ground?

"Y-yes the pets. Angel Bunny, Winona, Tank, Gummy, Owlicious, and Opalescense. We just need you to look after them for a few days is all. Oh! We also promised them to be pampered today but since we're leaving, we would like for you to groom the pets for us."

 No.7696

File: 1499425897570.png (314.92 KB, 560x648, 70:81, Epic Mount whut face by Bl….png) ImgOps Google

>>7693
>Epic was always a little jealous that when it comes to big important adventures, Epic always felt left out.
>However he really likes Fluttershy though unsure of himself how much he likes her. So all he could do was blush and nod.
S-sure Fluttershy. I can hold the forte and look after your animals while you're gone.

>>7695
>Imagines a house full of noisy animals.
I dunno if I can look after-
>Doesn't want to dissapoint Fluttershy.
Don't worry, I can handle animals. I'm good with the wildlife in Everfree Forest….
>Remember the last time he punched a monster in Everfree.
…I can take care of your animals.

 No.7697

File: 1499430536413.png (164.13 KB, 808x988, 202:247, mac53.png) ImgOps Google

>>7695
(It was 9 a.m. for me, posting from my phone at work.)


>>7695
"Oh… critters, huh? Well, that sounds easy enough. And since you seem to know Epic here it'd be a pleasure. Right, Epic?

Though to be perfectly honest I never had a pet myself so I don't know much about grooming them. What do we have to do exactly, Ma'am?"

 No.7698

>>7697
Yeah, real pleasure…

Uh, true, I never "groomed" a pet before…I guess thats like brushing animals or something?

I'm good with dogs though, I understand how pack animals think.

 No.7699

File: 1499430716363.jpg (4.12 KB, 167x167, 1:1, mac4.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7698
"So one of them is a dog?"

 No.7700

File: 1499430824326.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>>7699
Yes, Applejack owns a dog. And Angel Bunny…
>Looks over at the rabbit with glare.
…does need to understand who's dominance.

 No.7701

File: 1499430906816.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

>>7700
"Well… we seem to have a big appetite in common. Right Angel?" he winks at the bunny.

 No.7702

>>7701
You watch out for him, he's a very picky and, to a point, abusive eater.

 No.7703

File: 1499451366515.png (154.7 KB, 900x506, 450:253, 9c9ef267f009516dd6235ed179….png) ImgOps Google

>>7647
>>7696
>>7697
>>7698
>>7699
>>7700
>>7701
>>7702
Fluttershy smiles and makes out a very faint yay sound.

"You'll do it? Thank you so much, I promise it won't be for long. As for the grooming just brush them gently and they should be happy."

Angel starts to look unhappy that it won't be Fluttershy taking care of him this afternoon.

"I know Angel but me and the other have to go. We'll be back soon enough."

They all head on up through Ponyville and went out to the outskirts and over to Fluttershy's cottage. Her cottage was of a modest, organic style that is fit for such a shy and cute pony herself. They went on inside and saw that the rest of the Mane 6 were waiting for them with their animals. Twilight stands up and greets the two earth ponies.

"Oh you must be the one's that Fluttershy brought over to look after out pets. Epic I'm glad you can do this for us on such short notice," she looks over at Rye, "And I don't think I know your name but I do know that Epic did make a new friend so you must be him."

 No.7704

File: 1499451999149.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>7703
"Greetings, my name is Summer Rye. It's an honor to meet all of you…" he gives a gentle bow boefre the Princess of Friendship.

"And… yes, we'll look after the pets. We… at least I would need to know what's to be done exactly though. What can you tell us about your pets?"

 No.7705

File: 1499453062833.png (1.08 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, Ponies_chatting_in_the_mar….png) ImgOps Google

>>7704
Each of the Mane 6 gestures at their pets one by one.

"This is my pet Owlowiscious." Twilight holds up a bright eyed owl brown owl. The owl bobs its head politely to say hello. "He's very well behaved and he like being tickled just behind his ears. His favorite treats are chocolate mice."

"Say howdy Winona!" grins Applejack. A brown and white dog wearing a red collar jumps around Applejack playfully. "Give her a bone to chew on and she'll be as happy as a worm in an Apple Barrel. She also like having her belly scratched.

"What did you say Gummy?" Pinkie pie holds a baby alligator up to her ear. "You like these ponies? Well if you like them then I like them too!" The gator which has not uttered a word stares blankly at you. "Gummy says that he'd like for you to feed him fishcakes and play his favorite game snap."

"Opalescence is extremely sensitive, and you must take full care of my darling." Rarity is preening a white fluffy cat wearing an opal studded collar. "She'll only have the most finest cat treats and wants her fur combed perfectly."

"Hey Tank, say hello to your new firends!" Smiles Rainbow Dash. A large green tortoise looks up at you slowly. He looks to be wearing some sort of helicopter device on his back. "Feed him plenty of lettuce and be sure to let him out for a spin once in a while."

"You've already met Angel already. I can tell he already likes you…" The white rabbit sneers at you and sticks out his tongue. "He's such a loving little creature. All he needs is some juicy carrots and his tail fluffed up."

I don't have a pic of all the pets at once so here's something else.

 No.7706

File: 1499453257783.png (342.43 KB, 499x701, 499:701, mac39.png) ImgOps Google

>>7705
Summer Rye sticks out his tongue at Angel in return while trying to remember all the different names and treats…

"That's a lot to take in. Um… what's snap?" He asks Pinkie Pie. "I'm not really familiar with it."

And to Fluttershy: "And where can we get all these different treats they want?"

 No.7707

File: 1499453988025.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>7705
>Gives Winona a belly rub.
Who's a good girl?

>>7706
Hm… if we divide the pets between us, then it'll be more easier to take care of. I can look after three of the pets at Fluttershy's cottage while you can look after the other three at your place.

 No.7708

File: 1499454447398.jpg (8.18 KB, 245x276, 245:276, mac47.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7707
"Good idea! You'll take Angel!… Um… I have no place though. Besides, I have no treats or grooming items."

 No.7709

File: 1499454624686.png (451.6 KB, 1890x2155, 378:431, Epic Mount herpa-derp by N….png) ImgOps Google

>>7708
Don't you live on a farm? Surely you have plenty of space for animals.

And I can't take the animals to my place, I live in the heart of Everfree Forest.

>Turns to Fluttershy
T-that is, if you don't mind me staying at your place until you return… how long will you be gone?

 No.7710

File: 1499454690176.png (284.07 KB, 497x795, 497:795, mac14.png) ImgOps Google

>>7709
"I'm not taking the critters back home to Trottingham. That's like at the other end of Equestria.

So, can I stay at your place too, Fluttershy?"

 No.7711

>>7710
Is theres enough room? Why can't we take the animals to the crystal palace or Applejacks farm? Surely big Mac or Applebloom volunteered to petsit Winona first.

Plus it's good for dogs to stay with their pack when it comes to pet sitting.

 No.7713

"Oh don't worry, Gummy will explain won't you Gummy?" Pinkie says as Gummy still remains silent.

Fluttershy shows the two all of her cupboards of food that has just about anything each kind of animal would need.

>>7707
>>7708
>>7709
>>7710
I really don't want to split the party. As for now just stay at the cottage.

>>7709
>>7710
"Yes you two will just stay here and look after the pets. Everything they need will be here." Fluttershy explains.

"Yeah Fluttershy is great with animals so she has a bunch of stuff that you'll need." Rainbow Dash chimed in

Twilight spoke, "Here we should probably go now or else we'll miss our train. I promise we'll be back within a few days."

The Mane 6 makes their farewells with their animals and then leaves Rye and Epic alone with them. All of the pets look at Epic and Ry with some sort of impatient expectation.

Epic
Mind Test (Difficulty 2) 1d4 = 3

Summer Rye
Mind Test (Difficulty 2) 1d6 = 1

 No.7714

File: 1499482922284.png (87.99 KB, 800x788, 200:197, Angel_Bunny.png) ImgOps Google

>>7713
Epic can tell that the animals are hungry and should be fed before they are pampered or else they may get restless.

Here's something to listen to, doesn't fit with the scene I was really just bored. Anyways I'll try to be on early tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugfCkqXdBok

 No.7715

File: 1499491539208.png (75.26 KB, 388x224, 97:56, mac16.png) ImgOps Google

Summer Rye says good bye to ponies, hoping he was able to remember all the things he had heard.

"My my my… chocolate mice and belly scratches…"

Then he sat down, opened his saddle bag and took out his second pie half, licking his lips.

"Well, first I'll have a little snack, then it's time to do some grooming. Right critters?" He looks at the pets.

 No.7716

>Epic looks into Fluttershy's cupboard.
Let's see, Fluttershy is bound to have the finesat cat treats… but dunno if she would keep bones of other animals in here.
>Rummages
Ah, heres carrots for Angel.
>Takes out a bunch of carrots.
Here you go Angel.

 No.7717

File: 1499509249863.png (521.31 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac34.png) ImgOps Google

>>7716
"Don't give hime carrots, he already ate mine!"

 No.7718

File: 1499509387806.png (57.81 KB, 945x945, 1:1, Epic Mount shrug.png) ImgOps Google

>>7717
Oh, well he can have at least 2 then.
>Puts the rest of the carrots back.
If he doesn' want to eat them thats fine.

But where are we gonna get a bone? Fluttershy wouldn't have animal bones in her house, she'd find that ghastly.

 No.7719

File: 1499509572747.png (133.48 KB, 436x340, 109:85, mac46.png) ImgOps Google

>>7718
"Oh… you think the critters are hungry, too? Well, I'll look outside. Maybe I'll find a bone there. Don't eat my pie!"

 No.7720

>>7719
I won't.
>Puts the pie out of reach for the animals.
Other than the bone, Fluttershy is stocked for most of the animals.
>Checks inventory.

 No.7721

>>7720
(By inventory I mean the cupboard, not my own ivnentory)

 No.7722

File: 1499509901065.png (338.5 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac28.png) ImgOps Google

"Maybe she has a basement? Maybe there's a bone there."

Rye leaves the and sighs, stretching his bones before he slowly walks around the building once, keeping his eyes peeled to (hopefully) find a bone.

 No.7723

>>7722
Fluttershy doesn't keep bones in her basement. That be wierd… Does she even have a basement?

 No.7724

>>7722
>>7723
The pie doesn't seem to please the animals, that really is more for ponies after all. Instead the party had to rummage through the large amount of various foods to find the right kind of snack for the pets each

Winona (Difficulty 2)
Rye Mind 1d6 = 5
Epic Mind 1d4 = 4

Tank (Difficulty)
Rye Mind 1d6 = 1
Epic Mind 1d4 = 2

Gummy (Difficulty 3)
Rye Mind 1d6 = 2
Epic Mind 1d4 = 2

Owlowiscious (Difficulty 3)
Rye Mind 1d6 = 5
Epic Mind 1d4 = 1

Angel (Difficulty 4)
Rye Mind 1d6 = 5
Epic Mind 1d4 = 2

Opalescence (Difficulty 5)
Rye Mind 1d6 = 6
Epic Mind 1d4 = 4

 No.7725

File: 1499529787235.png (187.62 KB, 1280x987, 1280:987, gummy_by_capt_nemo-d3k42u0.png) ImgOps Google

>>7724
TBH I'm pretty impressed you nearly got all of them so I'll just budge gummy's for you

After a few minutes the pets were all sitting down with their favorite snacks, they seem to be happy and if Fluttershy was there she would be proud of Epic and Rye.

After a while the pets had finished their food and are now starting to look a bit restless. Perhaps they need something or were expecting something now.

 No.7726

File: 1499529926783.jpg (8.4 KB, 284x177, 284:177, EpicShy combing.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7724
>>7725
A'ight, time for some brushie-brushie.
>Gets comb out.
Who wants to go first?

 No.7727

File: 1499530769341.png (35.48 KB, 300x300, 1:1, 300px-Owllicious_by_blackm….png) ImgOps Google

>>7726
Holy shit! I recognize that comb in the picture. That's the same comb you would have gotten with a MLP happy meal pony toy back when they had that.

Grooming the pets was not only relaxing for them but as well as Epic and Rye. Every pet purs or except for gummy, he just sort remains stiffened like a statue. Angel gets a glint in his eye before Epic goes to bush up his tail and Angel hops away from Epic's reach.

The little rabbit lands on top of a large bookshelf, causing it to teeter and fall on top of Epic and Rye, could they avoid it?

Epic
Body Test (Difficulty 5) 1d8 = 7

Rye
Body Test (Difficulty 5) 1d6 = 2

 No.7728

File: 1499530890795.png (302.68 KB, 924x622, 462:311, Dont care.png) ImgOps Google

>>7727
[spiuler]I based the comb after the one I got with my Fluttershy toy.[/spoiler]

And here I thought the bunny liked his tail groomed.

 No.7729

>>7727
Epic deftly evades but only to get himself tangled up in curtains and cannot move at the moment. Rye was a bit more unfortunate and was now pinned by the shelf causing 1d8 = 3 stamina point damage.

The loud noise causes all of the pets to panic and they start running out of the cottage in a chaotic fashoin while Epic and Rye are powerless to stop them.

 No.7730

>>7729
Dammit!
>Gets himself untangled and helps Rye free.

 No.7731

>>7730
I dunno if we should go any further without Rye.

By all, Epic is really tangled up in those curtains. So much so that they may as well be spider webs. What's even worse now is that Epic can no longer hear the animals outside of the cottage, they are getting even further away and the party isn't moving anytime soon.

 No.7732

>>7731
He's currently set "Away", I let him know we're playing.
DON'T GO! COME BACK!
>Looks over for Gummy and Tank.

 No.7733

He says he's not home.

 No.7734

>>7732
>>7733
Eh that's fine, we can just wait or something. I'll just watch youtube and keep this tab open.

 No.7735

File: 1499531704340.png (451.6 KB, 1890x2155, 378:431, Epic Mount herpa-derp by N….png) ImgOps Google

>>7734
I'm gonna stare at Adobe Flash until I feel stumped and give up.

 No.7736

Summer Rye groaned as he struggled to get those shelves off but he felt dizzy and pretty exhausted. "Eh… what's going on? What happened?!"

 No.7737

>>7736
Hold on, I'll help you.
>Tries to get free of the curtains without ripping at them.

 No.7738

>>7736
>>7737
It was a difficult task to free themselves that took about half an hour to do so. By now the animals are now long gone.

 No.7739

"Is my pie alright? Epic, where are you?"

 No.7740

File: 1499532039067.png (57.53 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is shocked.png) ImgOps Google

>>7738
Dammit, even Tank and Gummy ran off…
>Realises the serious of the nature and began panicking a little.
Oh no Fluttershy's going to so angry!

 No.7741

>>7739
>>7740
Rye finds his pie, still intact too, and they both now see that they have to go out and bring the pets back home or else they may get hurt by some wildlife. There's also the fact that the cottage is now a mess but that can be cleaned up later.

 No.7742

>>7741
Clarity will be slow at replying since he is on his phone
Thing Epic think… what to do.. I don't want Fluttershy to be upset, but she will be upset with her rabbit is gone… hekck everyponies pets are gone, they will all be dissapointed at me-
>After worrying over consequences for about 15 seconds.
Alright, OK, Maybe… Maybe if I find Winona first, she could track where the other pets went?

 No.7743

"Quick, we have to find them before they run off too far!" Rye packs the pie into his saddle bag and rushes out.

 No.7744

"Good idea, let's get Winona first."

 No.7745

File: 1499532379050.png (555.33 KB, 930x941, 930:941, Epic Mount is a big pony b….png) ImgOps Google

>>7743
>Rushes out with him.
I'm gonna go find Winona.
>Runs towards the direction of Sweet Apple Acres.

 No.7746

Summer Rye stops and looks for pet tracks.

 No.7747

>>7742
>>7743
They head on outside and find only the tracks of the animals, they are no where near the cottage premise.

A trail of bunny foot prints
Alligator Tracks
A purple bow
A Trail of soot
A cloud of smoke
And lastly the howls of a dog

 No.7748

File: 1499532557094.png (61.68 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount grin.png) ImgOps Google

>>7746
>>7747
I can hear howling, this way!
>Follows the source of the sound, with his keen sense of hearing from growing up in Everfree Forest.

 No.7749

Rye follows after Epic.

 No.7750

File: 1499532689667.jpg (42.69 KB, 900x510, 30:17, quarry_background_by_birdc….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7748
They rush on through, going through a quick patch of forest until they found themselves in a flat area of dirt. Nothing was there except for a lone decrepit shack and… Winona! She's is tied to a wooden post and is crying for help. Right now she is far off and you can probably call to her to catch her attention or walk up to her.

 No.7751

"Better be careful! If she's tied somepony must be here!"

 No.7752

File: 1499532887038.png (520.54 KB, 930x941, 930:941, Epic meme.png) ImgOps Google

>>7750
Are we in Everfree Forest?

>>7751
It's not their dog, I can handle some trouble.

 No.7753

Rye looks around whether he sees anyone else around. "Hello?! Is somepony there?"

 No.7754

File: 1499532966195.png (231.88 KB, 1280x1280, 1:1, winona__mlp_fim_by_atomicg….png) ImgOps Google

>>7752
No right now you are in the Gem Flats

Winona still hasn't noticed the party.

>>7753
After saying this, Winona starts barking at Epic and Rye for help.

 No.7755

I slowly walk towards Winona, looking around for strangers in the vicinity. "Are you alright, girl?"

 No.7756

>>7754
>>7755
>Epic approaches straight on to undie the dog, not afraid of anything.
Don't worry girl, I'll have you outta there in a jiffy.
>Still he wasn't dumb and stayed conscious for traps or sudden encounters.

 No.7757

File: 1499533295718.png (97.61 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, diamond dog.png) ImgOps Google

>>7755
>>7756
Once you get up there, Winona whimper but then yelp as the earth behind you rumbles up and three Diamond Dogs appear behind you.

"What are you doing here at our Gem Flats? Are you trying to steal our Gems?!" one of the bigger ones shouts.

 No.7758

(Sorry, got to stop here.)

 No.7759

>>7758
That's fine I will have to get ready for work anyways.

 No.7760

>>7757
Diamond Dogs!
>Turns around to face them, ready for a fight.
I'm taking back this here dog. She's the only gem here worth while.

 No.7761

File: 1499546389006.jpg (70.96 KB, 675x1100, 27:44, mac13.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7757
"Uh… no, we're not here to steal anything. We just want our friend's dog back. That's all. We don't want any kind of trouble."

 No.7762

>>7761
They're Diamond Dogs, they're nothing but trouble.

 No.7763

>>7760
>>7762
The dogs looks at the two with a cautious disdain at their presence but they don't look to be moving in to attack.

>>7761
They hear Rye's words and jumble it around their heads. Be warned that they do not often trust ponies.

Summer Rye
Charm (Difficulty 5) 1d6 = 6

 No.7764

File: 1499565908773.png (231.88 KB, 1280x1280, 1:1, winona__mlp_fim_by_atomicg….png) ImgOps Google

>>7763
They believe Rye and do not feel threatened by the two but their greed does not escape them.

"We believe you ponies but finders keepers, we found the dog and it is ours. You can buy it from us for 1,000 bits." one demands.

The price is ridiculous for something that belongs to you. Perhaps you can offer them something else in your inventory or perhaps offer to work for them for a time. Trying to attack or steal away Winona may cause you to be overrun by the dogs.

 No.7765

File: 1499576866711.jpg (8.25 KB, 155x190, 31:38, mac26.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7763
(Lucky roll there.)

>>7764
Summer Rye gasped at that outrageous price… but he didn't want to start a fight with the dogs. They were one more and their lair was close. There might be more Diamond Dogs lurking in that hole.

He sighed and out of his saddle big he produced a truly extravagant meal he had stored there. He even placed his remaining half of the pie on top.

"How about we make a trade? You get all these tasty treats for Winona over there. She is a herder's dog, she will not be of much use to you in your holes underground. She cannot sniff out gems and is too small to pull a cart."

 No.7766

File: 1499592378769.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>>7764
>>7765
>See how this negotiation goes, though he cares not to negotiate with diamond dogs eitheway.

 No.7767

File: 1499619763212.png (97.61 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, diamond dog.png) ImgOps Google

>>7765
>>7766
The dogs nearly run each over to get a closer look at the meal Rye produced. You can probably guess that the Gem Flats aren't really a good place to get food.

The dogs, the con artists they are, regain their composure quickly.

"We'll… take your offer pony. Just don't lose your dog again or else we may ask for more next time."

Winona joins your party as a guest. Winona can help you when navigating areas that you may have gotten lost in by rerolling your failed Mind Test rolls. (Only works when navigating)

 No.7768

>>7767
Alright, let's get Winona to sniff out the other pets.

 No.7769

File: 1499623576843.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

"Enjoy your food you three… come along, Winona."

>>7768
"That went better than expected."

 No.7770

>>7769
Just be lucky. Usually me and the Diamond Dogs keep to our own territories.

 No.7771

>>7768
>>7769
>>7770
The Dogs are occupied over the great amount of food that Rye had offered them so the party was able to leave on good terms with them. Perhaps later in the future that may help out in a very little bit.

The party returns to the cottage area and still have the other trails to explore, a lot of which have them enter the Everfree forest.

A trail of bunny foot prints
Alligator Tracks
A purple bow
A Trail of soot
A cloud of smoke

 No.7772

File: 1499664047002.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>7771
"That cloud of smoke looks ominous… maybe we should check it out next?"

 No.7773

File: 1499680151860.png (95.67 KB, 591x599, 591:599, Epic Mount.png) ImgOps Google

>>7772
You're right. Could be a fire. Somepony may need our help.
Let's go.

 No.7774

File: 1499680641720.gif (640 KB, 335x468, 335:468, mac9.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7773
"Alright, off we go then."

 No.7775

File: 1499701203816.png (30.02 KB, 745x419, 745:419, everfree_forest_entrance_b….png) ImgOps Google

>>7772
>>7773
>>7774
They head in that direction, only to be faced with the edge of the Everfree. For Epic this is quite really his home but for Summer Rye, he has never seen such a forest before in his life. Trottingham does have its own sets of woods but never one so feral as this one. You both wonder how this came to be.

They head on in and progress forwards, the path they had taken slowly being encroached by the thickets and trees, the sun being cut out by the canopy above them. Wild animals such as birds squawked at them as they passed and there was even the slight growling noise made just beyond the bushes. The danger was real here but for Epic he was well enough familiar with the Everfree's tone, that is not to say that it is sometimes difficult to travel here.

Eventually the canopy becomes so thick that they can not see the billow of smoke so they would have to rely on their own senses to navigate.

Navigation (Difficulty 3)
Epic
Mind (1d4]
Winona 1d4 = 1
Familiarity 1d4 = 2

Rye
Mind 1d6 = 6
Winona 1d6 = 1

 No.7776

File: 1499701397336.jpg (42.69 KB, 900x510, 30:17, quarry_background_by_birdc….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7775
Thankfully they were able to make it on through and found that they were now out of the Forest and now at Ghastly gorge, a large crack in the earth. brings back memories eh Epic?. Looking down, they can make out tank and see that he had crash landed down below at the bottom and his rotor is making the smoke. They can also see that there are numerous holes on the walls of the valley area.

 No.7777

File: 1499702262493.jpg (108.14 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, mac6.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7776
"Goodness? We have to get help him!" Summer Rye shouts and looks around whether there is safe a way down into the gorge or if it becomes necessary to actually climb down.

 No.7778

File: 1499702539562.png (191.85 KB, 900x995, 180:199, Tank.png) ImgOps Google

>>7777
Look at those sevens!
You can see that the gorge is nearly an instant drop off but the walls are broad enough to climb or slide down though that could prove dangerous. Body Test (Difficulty 4)

If they had some rope, then perhaps they could tie it to themselves and a nearby tree and safely rappel down.

 No.7779

File: 1499702654025.png (490.74 KB, 732x673, 732:673, mac30.png) ImgOps Google

>>7778
"It's not good climbing with an empty stomach… you brought some rope, Epic, didn't you?"

 No.7780

File: 1499704094352.jpg (1.02 MB, 1400x860, 70:43, Equestria Map.JPG) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7776
I do remember, but I thought Ghastly Gorge wa east of Ponyville?

Gone to play BM3 and you get quads without me!

>>7779
Yeah, we can use the rope the Diamond Dogs used on Winona.

Also, becareful. Quarray eels live in various borrows and will bite at us whole if they no more than sense some vibrations outside their holes.

 No.7781

>>7780
Oh, I thought the gorge was somewhere else from my memory.

 No.7782

File: 1499704345099.png (342.43 KB, 499x701, 499:701, mac39.png) ImgOps Google

>>7780
Summer Rye looks doubtfully at the rope, wondering if it wasn't more of a leash and way too thin to support two full grown, heavy Earth Ponies.

 No.7783

File: 1499704345594.png (191.85 KB, 900x995, 180:199, Tank.png) ImgOps Google

>>7779
>>7780
Goys I'll let you have the rope, just next time be sure to tell me you actually took the rope with you.

They fashioned up the rope and headed on down the walls of the gorge. It takes a few minutes before they get to the bottom and they now have to get to the other side of the gorge. Tank is laying there in the distance and before him is a large hole in the wall.

 No.7784

File: 1499704454728.jpg (71.15 KB, 820x803, 820:803, mac27.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7783
"I don't like the look of that hole…" Summer Rye mutters as he begins to shiver, taking a few steps back. "I don't like caves… so… creepy…"

 No.7785

>>7784
So long as he doesn't enter it, he won't have any chance of penalties due to his phobia.

Epic's Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwrFSSFi-Qg

Summer Rye's Theme?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIPOeXQ793Q

 No.7786

File: 1499704622232.png (92.17 KB, 900x675, 4:3, mac54.png) ImgOps Google

>>7785
(That's the song of my people.)

 No.7787

File: 1499704629826.png (125.42 KB, 517x819, 517:819, Epic Mount action.png) ImgOps Google

>>7784
Shh, keeps quiet and stay very still.

>Approaches Tank as slowly and as carefully as he can. He's well aware how sensetive qurrey eels are to vibrations, he needs to becareful to approach Tank, pick him up and take him away from the caves.

 No.7788

File: 1499704759710.png (454.92 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac17.png) ImgOps Google

Decides to listen to Epic's advice and remains silent, watching him sneak up to Tank.

 No.7789

File: 1499704854751.png (71.17 KB, 900x384, 75:32, quarry_eel_by_megadriveson….png) ImgOps Google

>>7786
>>7787
>>7788
It doesn't matter, once he gets too close they are beset by large glowing eyes beyond the cave's darkness. Then emerges a large quarry eel that is the size of Ponyville's Town hall.

They would have to think fast or else they would be in a lot of danger.

 No.7790

File: 1499704955644.png (360.25 KB, 1890x2155, 378:431, Roidrage Epic by Niksie.png) ImgOps Google

>>7789
>I punch it, before it has a chance to snap at us.

 No.7791

File: 1499704969109.jpg (13.69 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7789
Evasive maneuver!

 No.7792

>>7790
Epic Mount Fights!
Epic Body 1d8 = 6 VS Eel Body 1d20 = 19

>>7791
Since the Eel is occupied by Epic Mount, Rye was able to get to a safe distance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kljIvAjZE3U

 No.7793

>>7792
Epic Mount is snapped up in the mouth of the Eel and is now trapped inside and cannot move. He's not dead but the teeth cause massive damage and Epic can't fight now.

 No.7794

>>7793
>Pry opens the jaws with his strength.

 No.7795

File: 1499705279282.gif (842.08 KB, 596x470, 298:235, mac44.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7793
"Oh no! Epic!" Summer Rye watches closely, wondering if the eel returns to its cave or stays outside.

 No.7796

>>7795
It stays out and glares at Rye with its evil eyes, daring him to try anything. Perhaps Rye can free Epic by causing the Eel to open his mouth in some way.

Perhaps you can try to examine the eel?

>>7794
Epic tries but he is too hurt to try, he can barely move.

Tank is still on the ground but he has gotten up and is moving towards the Eel's cave and the Eel doesn't notice.

 No.7797

>>7796
(How much HP do I have?)
Fine, if thats how it is…
>Punches the soft, pink parks in it's mouth.

 No.7798

File: 1499705577809.png (174.01 KB, 900x877, 900:877, mac41.png) ImgOps Google

>>7796
Summer Rye thinks about the items he has with him… a saddle bag, a bucket, his cooking utensils and a spate… then he has an idea.

Taking the spate runs towards the Eel, hoping it would try to gobble him up too - then he would try to keep the Eel's mouth pried open with the spate!

 No.7799

>>7797
>That thing did like 19 damage so you are now at zero. Rye has about 9 HP left. I know this game is against violence and fighting but once we get to my stuff, there will be plenty of battles to heroically fight in. Right now though I'm going right off of the book.

>>7798
Smart thinking!
Rye lets the Eel gobble him instead but it has an unexpected result. Once the Eel bites down, it is caught up by the spade and can't shut its mouth! Rye is now standing in its mouth and just below him is Epic's body, badly damaged but still alive.

 No.7800

>>7799
So I'm already dead? Some hero I turned out to be.

 No.7801

File: 1499705903204.png (92.17 KB, 900x675, 4:3, mac54.png) ImgOps Google

>>7799
Summer Rye is glad and surprised his plan actually worked and drags the groggy Epic Mount out of the eel's mouth as quickly as he can, leaving the spate behind.

"Get out of that cave, Tank!"

 No.7802

File: 1499741349000.png (191.85 KB, 900x995, 180:199, Tank.png) ImgOps Google

>>7800
The enemies in this game really aren't balanced for combat, the company did write this for kids after all. Hell I even did a test battle of a 1v1 against a Timber Wolf and my character and lost.

>>7801
He is able to get Epic and has the time to scoop up the turtle since it would be too slow to escape on its own. Once they get out of the Gorge and reach a safe distance, Epic now reawakens with 1 stamina point and now has his Charm downgraded due to Eel spit. The battle also causes Summer Rye to become somewhat hungry. Tanks joins the party but he doesn't really do anything since he's so slow.

Summer Rye Resist Hunger
Body 1d6 = 2 (Difficulty 4)
If fails, Summer Rye downgrades Charm

Perhaps the duo should head back to town to rest up some.

 No.7803

>>7802
Rye figured it would be best to return to Fluttershy's where Epic could take a bath and he himself could find a cure for his rumbling stomach. He sighed thinking of his pie in a Diamond Dog belly.

 No.7804

File: 1499773330671.png (451.6 KB, 1890x2155, 378:431, Epic Mount herpa-derp by N….png) ImgOps Google

>>7802
I was hoping at least to stun the eel, given Epic grew up in the forest. Perhaps I need an excuse why Epic's been nerf'd or something.



>>7802
>Epic was dazed and confused.
D-id I get 'im?

Will I get that charm point back after the bath?>>7803

 No.7805

>>7804
(I hope the eel spit can be washed off)

"On the way back to Fluttrtshy's… we can rest there. Luckily Tank is safe. It was pretty brave of you trying to attack the eel."

 No.7806

File: 1499774180635.png (314.92 KB, 560x648, 70:81, Epic Mount whut face by Bl….png) ImgOps Google

>>7805
>Sitting in bath tub, talking to Rye.
I can usually take out large monsters in one punch.
I dunno why I'm not as strong as I once was.

I guess ever since Pinkie Pie introduced me to "chocolate" and "cake" I haven't been eating a shealthy as I usually have.

 No.7807

>>7806
Summer Rye was having a big meal after spending quite some time in the larder. He also had some lettuce for Tank and (hopefully) found a bone for Winona.

"Luckily my wits and spade were at hand!"

 No.7808

>>7807
We got to find the other aminals!

 No.7809

>>7808
"No doubt. We should find that cat next. She seemed very prissy."

 No.7810

>>7809
Oh yeah, thats Rarity's taste in pet's for you.
I don't wanna get out of the tub until I know if I can have my charm back.
>Dunks his head in the water.

 No.7812

File: 1499786974460.png (154.7 KB, 900x506, 450:253, 9c9ef267f009516dd6235ed179….png) ImgOps Google

>>7809
>>7810
They spent about 20 minutes getting themselves ready once again and were now fully restored, stamina and all their traits were back up to their normal levels again.

Once they went back outside again, they had these pieces of evidence to look at again.

A trail of bunny foot prints
Alligator Tracks
A purple bow
A Trail of soot

 No.7814

File: 1499788052540.png (210.94 KB, 416x375, 416:375, mac40.png) ImgOps Google

>>7812
"I guess that bow belongs to the cat? Winona, can you track her down?"

Summer Rye let Winona sniff at the bow.

 No.7815

File: 1499788152949.png (61.68 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount grin.png) ImgOps Google

>>7814
I know who can do better!
>Takes the bow (adds to inventory) and gives it to Winona to sniff.
C'mon girl, can you track her? She is a cat after al.

 No.7816

File: 1499788227935.png (231.88 KB, 1280x1280, 1:1, winona__mlp_fim_by_atomicg….png) ImgOps Google

>>7814
>>7815
She sniffs at the bow and catches a scent and is ready to enter the Everfree, you'll just have to see if you can keep the trail in the forest.

 No.7817

File: 1499788349496.png (249.72 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac43.png) ImgOps Google

>>7816
"Oh well… if we must…" he slowly follows the dog. "I hope we won't need my spade again. I hope I'll get a new one."

 No.7818

>>7816
>Ties the rope on her collar for a leash (Do we still have that rope? If not, surely Applejack gave us her leash?)
Lead the way puppers!

 No.7819

File: 1499788634337.png (30.02 KB, 745x419, 745:419, everfree_forest_entrance_b….png) ImgOps Google

>>7818
Still have the rope

>>7817
>>7818
They once again enter the dark and often enough spooky forest where danger normally lurks around every corner. The path that Winona had them on was long and winding and soon they would need her nose the most.

Navigation (Difficulty 4)

Epic
Mind 1d4 = 3
Winona 1d4 = 1
Familiarity 1d4 = 3

Rye
Mind 1d6 = 4
Winona 1d6 = 6

 No.7820

>>7819
Eventually they come upon a decrepit looking well in the middle of the forest. Epic has never seen this well but they can see that there is some sort of inscription on one of the larger stones.

 No.7821

File: 1499788719535.jpg (8.25 KB, 155x190, 31:38, mac26.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7819
Summer Rye felt pretty much lost soon enough and  Epic's expression was not too promising either. Hopefully Winona was able to track the owner of the bow down.

 No.7822

File: 1499788749447.png (164.13 KB, 808x988, 202:247, mac53.png) ImgOps Google

>>7820
Can I read it?

 No.7823

File: 1499788865365.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>7820
>His curiosity as peaked. While he knew most of Everfree, not the entirety of it.
Hm, perhaps one of the old wells of the nearby Castle?
>Looks into it.
Maybe a dungeon entrance? I'll have to come back here sometime.

 No.7824

>>7822
It looked to be some sort of rhythmic poem…

I am a well of wishing and I wish you well.
You seek a purring pretty pet that down me fell.
My depth is great and my sides are steep.
What I have taken is mine to keep.
If you wish to save your feline friend.
With me you trinkets will have to end.
I wish for gold a plenty or a favorite toy.
A treasured necklace that brings you joy.
The most secret of recipes or a pair of rings.
What it is doesn't matter, these are just things.
What I truly wish and will bring me great bliss.
Is for you to give me something you will miss.

>>7823
Once he touches, he just gets a strange magic aura from it. Even though spending a lot of time in the Everfree and seeing strange things daily, unicorn magic has always escaped Epic.

 No.7825

>>7824
He looked at it curiously… then decided to look down into the well.

 No.7826

>>7824
Jeeze, looks like a riddle of sorts.
If it's lengthy and in poem, then it's not a sstraight forward as it may seem, Zecora taught me that herself.
Wouldn't be suprise if she knew about this well.

 No.7827

>>7825
Before he does, his head brushes against the well's rope that looks to snap if any weight is put to it. Putting it aside, he looks down and can see that the wells walls are made of slick stone covered in moss and looks near impossible to climb. Rye can't really see the bottom of the well but in the darkness he can hear a cat meowing.

 No.7828

>>7826
Zecora had never told about Epic about this well but…

Mind Test (Difficulty 3)
Epic
1d4 = 4

Rye
1d6 = 2

 No.7829

File: 1499789447531.png (521.31 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac34.png) ImgOps Google

>>7827
"If only we had brought a lamp… but that sounsd like Opal down there! Also, looks too dangerous to climb down."

He looks at Epic.

 No.7830

>>7828
The structure of this well is quite similar to that of the ancient castle that Celestia and Luna lived in as children so it's doubtful that Zecora would know anything about this well since this was most likely built a long time ago.

>>7829
Perhaps they can do something that pertains to the riddle to retrieve the cat.

 No.7831

>>7828
(Just saying she may know about the well, just never told him.

>>7829
I think it could be a riddle. We obviously don't carry such fancy things as trinkets and rings, why would a well need such a thing? "to give me something you will miss." what exactly could it mean?

 No.7832

File: 1499789603726.png (284.07 KB, 497x795, 497:795, mac14.png) ImgOps Google

"That rope looks pretty brittle… but we have the rope that holds Winona and I got a bucket! Maybe we can lower it enough for Opal to climb in and we can pull her up!"

 No.7833

File: 1499789663156.png (210.94 KB, 416x375, 416:375, mac40.png) ImgOps Google

>>7831
"I think the well wants something we hold dear, maybe it doesn't matter what it is… just as long as we'd miss it. Like my pie! If only I hadn't given it to those Dogs… ah well. Winona was worth it."

 No.7834

File: 1499789724519.png (204.75 KB, 1024x1305, 1024:1305, opal.png) ImgOps Google

>>7830
>>7831
I know but this structure ancient so she wouldn't even know about its presence here.

They ponder on the riddle a bit.

Difficulty 4

Epic
1d4 = 2

Rye
1d6 = 5

>>7832
>>7833
Any way they can find out how to get Opal out would be WELL worth it.

 No.7835

File: 1499789748042.png (57.81 KB, 945x945, 1:1, Epic Mount shrug.png) ImgOps Google

>>7832
>>7833
The wells rope does look brittle, we rescue the cat with it and let it keep the brand new sturdy rope.

But dunno if I'll miss this rope that much, so dunno if this is the answer. But worth a try.

 No.7836

>>7834
They realize that they need to offer the well something, anything really that is in their possession.

 No.7837

File: 1499789832402.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>7836
I will offer the well, the sturdy rope we have. We can replace it's worn aged rope with it and can use it to rescue Opal.

 No.7838

File: 1499789890256.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

>>7837
"Sounds like a plan to me… I've already given up my food and that was what I held dearest. :P"

 No.7839

>>7838
Other than Opals ribbon, I've got nothing of valuble on me other than this rope.
>Changes the rope on the well with the one he has.
After all, a well would find a functioning pulley more valuble than just tirnkets at it's bottom.

 No.7840

File: 1499790034792.png (204.75 KB, 1024x1305, 1024:1305, opal.png) ImgOps Google

>>7837
>>7838
Once you replace the rope for the well, you hear a strange gurgling noise… suddenly you can hear and then see that the well's water level has risen up to the top of the stone work to offer a wet Opal in a worn down bucket.

Opal is cold and wet and doesn't enjoy being in the forest so she constantly caterwauls and makes it impossible to do anything quietly. Well atleast you got her back. You also each find 80 bits in the bucket.

 No.7841

>>7840
Ooh money! Want halfies?
>Takes at least 40bits and leaves the rest for Rye.

Calm down Opal!
>Puts Opals ribbon back round her neck and tries to hold her a scomforting as he could.
Making such noise in a place full of wild monsters is not a good idea.

 No.7842

>>7841
Naw each person gets 80. Rye has 80 and Epic has 80

>>7841
She doesn't stop but considering that a bunch of other animals are squaking and cawing, she won't bring any unnecessary attention.

 No.7843

File: 1499790263103.png (92.17 KB, 900x675, 4:3, mac54.png) ImgOps Google

>>7840
"Nice one! Let's get you out of here Opal and return to Fluttershy's cottage."

Rye looks into the bucket.

"There's 80 for each of us!"

He picks up 80 bits, smiling. Now he could replace his spade.

 No.7844

>>7842
>>7843
C'mon, let's take her back to Fluttershy's and towel-dry her. Hopefully Rarity would forgive her state.

>To the cat.
Don't worry Opal, I'll be sure to comb you through later. YOu'll feel much better.

 No.7845

>>7843
>>7844
They take her on back and once she dries off, she goes up into the rafters and refuses to go with Epic and Rye. Perhaps it is for the best as she would just complain and create noise.

There were only three trails to look for or perhaps they can go and spend some money first.

A trail of bunny foot prints
Alligator Tracks
A Trail of soot

I gotta leave soon but I have enough time to introduce a shopkeeper.

 No.7846

File: 1499790531690.gif (1.53 MB, 392x432, 49:54, mac1.gif) ImgOps Google

"Yes, let's return to the cottage and grabe a bite. I wonder what else is in Fluttershy's larder. In the meantime we can find some chocolate mice for Opal."

 No.7847

>>7845
Alright, we need to get Angel Bunny back. Fluttershy would never forgive me if I don't bring him back.
>Sigh.
But knowing him, he'd be the more hassle.

>>7846
It is Owlowicious who enjoys the chocolate mice. With all these pets here, it's perhaps best you petsit while I go find Angel Bunny, or else the animals may get loose again.

 No.7848

>>7847
Alright I gotta go and work now. Sorry guys but hey we're halfway done with the adventure.

 No.7849

File: 1499790689711.jpg (44.76 KB, 555x529, 555:529, mac22.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7847
"Oh, did he now? What was it that Opal liked again?"

He thinks for a moment.

"I don't really want to sit home with the animals all day. Besides, after eating all my apples and carrots that bunny can wait."

 No.7850

>>7848
(See you!)

 No.7851

>>7849
Fluttershy is my friend and I don't want to dissapoint her.

 No.7852

File: 1499828317091.png (1.08 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, Ponies_chatting_in_the_mar….png) ImgOps Google

>>7847
>>7849
>>7850
>>7851
Guys, this is not really the game to separate and split the party. You two need to stick together and work as a team. MLP is after all about friendship and cooperation.

The pets had already been fed and can be left behind here with no sort of consequence. The two are free to go look for the rest of the animals.

 No.7853

>>7852
Clarity isn't online on my end, so dunno when he'll reply.
>Epic made sure the doors and windows were closed before heading off.
I'm going to find Angel. You coming?

 No.7854

>>7853
Summer Rye sighed but followed suit. "I bet he'll get us in trouble but sure, let's find him."

 No.7855

>>7854
Most likely, but Fluttershy adores him.

 No.7856

File: 1499871924028.jpg (35.18 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac29.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7855
"We might as well get it behind us. Let's follow those bunny tracks."

 No.7857

>>7856
Alright.
>And off they go.

 No.7927

File: 1499914403381.png (30.02 KB, 745x419, 745:419, everfree_forest_entrance_b….png) ImgOps Google

>>7856
>>7857
Sorry I wasn't on today, I had to work really early in the morning.

They followed the tracks into the forest. The path that they were on was starting to get more and more narrow, pretty soon Rye and Epic were right up on each other without any room to spare. Suddenly the vine like plants latched on to them and would not let them go. It would seem that they had walked into living plants and were now wrapped up in their thorny vines. They would have to find a way to free themselves or break free with physical force even though it may hurt by forcing themselves out.

 No.7928

>>7927
Rye groans, struggling to free himself from those pesky plants.

(I'll attempt to use brute force to get free.)

 No.7929

>>7928
Rye tries to break free of the unrelenting plants…

Rye Body 1d6 = 5 VS Plant's Body 1d6 = 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHSJCMkUa9Y

 No.7930

>>7929
He was able to snap and break free, covered in a dew bits of thorns in his sides and mane.

Stamina Damage 1d4 = 3

 No.7931

File: 1499929370376.png (879.55 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, Plunderseed vines.png) ImgOps Google

>Recognises the plants as wild plunderseed vines, though different from the ones Discord planted millenia a go.

>Takes evasive actions not to get captured.

 No.7932

>>7930
Summer Rye groans in pain, panting heavily after finally breaking free. He attempts to help Epic in getting himself loose too.

 No.7933

>>7932
>Before Epic realised it, he was already caught (Quite literally since I didn't properly read >>7927 and wanted to evade) However he won't let some overgrown weed get the better of him and struggled to be free.

 No.7934

>>7933
>>7932
They both try to free Epic, making it a bit easier to do so then breaking free by yourself.

Epic Body 1d8 = 8 VS Plant's Body 1d4 = 4

 No.7935

File: 1499960880695.png (177.96 KB, 743x650, 743:650, 395295__safe_cute_button_b….png) ImgOps Google

>>7934
Epic rips free but only after the thorns tear into his sides violently.

Stamina Damage 1d4 = 4

 No.7936

File: 1499961418749.gif (842.08 KB, 596x470, 298:235, mac44.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7935
"Oooh.. that looks like it hurts! Come on Epic, let's get out of here. Those plants are dangerous!"

 No.7937

>>7935
(So 8HP left right?)

>>7936
Ack! I've had worse.
>Makes tactical retreat with Rye.

 No.7938

File: 1499961765245.jpg (22.05 KB, 500x383, 500:383, 5298adf8ace98f39f1140949b3….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7936
>>7937
Epic Mount=8HP
Summer Rye=9HP

Once freed, they head on out and continue on the trail to find Angel Bunny. The path clear wider and wider until the party enters a large clearing with a large land mass that had built up that is complemented with a large cave. They can also hear a large grumbling noise that seems to sound to come from something incredibly giant.

 No.7939

File: 1499961882038.jpg (34.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac18.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7938
"I knew that bunny would mean trouble…"

Summer Rye sighs and carefully moves towards the cave, peeking inside.

 No.7940

>>7939
We'll be in more trouble if Angel ends up some monsters dinner.

 No.7941

File: 1499962066036.png (30.02 KB, 745x419, 745:419, everfree_forest_entrance_b….png) ImgOps Google

>>7939
The cave is dark, really dark but not so much to where you won't be able to see if you enter. However Rye's fear of caves was about to kick in and if he couldn't get a hold, his Mind Trait will be downgraded as a result.

Resis Fear 1d4 = 1
Mind 1d6 = 3

>>7940
This is true and the party should head in soon if they wish to find the bunny nut perhaps caution should be applied here.

 No.7942

File: 1499962172725.png (533.42 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac49.png) ImgOps Google

>>7941
"C… cave…. big… and deep…" Summe Rye begins to tremble.

 No.7943

>>7942
If you're gonna be like that, perhaps best to wait outside, just becareful of the vines.

 No.7945

File: 1499962506962.png (156.72 KB, 506x350, 253:175, ursa_minor_by_jeatz_axl-d6….png) ImgOps Google

>>7942
>>7943
Even though he is a bit scared, he should be able to continue onwards without freezing up or anything… so long as he stays with Epic Mount.

The two enter the cave and for the first part it was like a massive tunnel with cold wet stone beneath their hooves. Eventually they enter a grotto that was lit op by the starry night sky above. On one of the walls they can see and celestial looking bear craddling… is that… Angel! Angel seems to have been caught up by the several story tall bear and is now being treated as if a baby. Angel does not look pleased.

 No.7946


 No.7947

>>7946
(Nice, already deleted my post)

 No.7948

>>7945
Manure! An Ursa Major…
>Checks the situation.
But wheres her cub? For her to behave such a way means it's been absent for awhile.

 No.7949

File: 1499962706160.png (521.31 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac34.png) ImgOps Google

>>7945
"Um… hello, Mr. Bear… uh… We didn't mean to intrude but you seem to have found our bunny friend there… Would you give him back to us?"

Summer Rye prepares to run away quickly in case his speech has no success.

 No.7950

>>7948
"Maybe she has none?"

 No.7951

>>7949
Shhhshsh this is a delicate matter, she will get very protective and dangerous if she recognise us as intruders.

>>7950
Oh she does. Everfree Forest is where the Ursa constellations dwell.

 No.7952

>>7949
>>7950
Epic doesn't realize it but Rye saw how the Ursa was treating it and it was a sort of familiarity, like watching one of his little sisters playing with her dolly. Suddenly he understands that this bear is actually a baby and the mother is out right now but could be back in any second.

The bear looks down at the two and are cautious of them to see them as a threat.

Charm Test (Difficulty 5)
Rye 1d6 = 3
Epic 1d6 = 2

 No.7953

>>7952
The Ursa gives them a sour look and ignores them entirely. Angel is trying to squirm free but this has no effect on such a large creature.

 No.7954

Well now I feel a fool for mixing them two up.
>>7952
Wait… this ursa is too small… perhaps… the Ursa Minor? Oh heck!

>>7953
>Gives a nervous grin.
O-OK, I have an idea… But when you can, secure the bunny.

 No.7955

File: 1499963072918.gif (193.96 KB, 450x450, 1:1, mac55.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7952
Summer Rye takes a step back, realizing that did not work out as intended…

>>7952
"Ooooh… I think that IS the cub…"

 No.7956

>>7955
O-OK, I have an idea… But when you can, secure the bunny.

 No.7957

File: 1499963137642.png (249.72 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac43.png) ImgOps Google

"I don't want to be here when her mother returns home… What kind of idea? I hope it doesn't involve trying to punch it like that eel."

 No.7958

>>7957
No-no, but if it works and you get the rabbit, run as fast as you can.. OK here goes.

>Epuc steps towards the Ursa Minor, right infront of it. The bear looked at the pony getting angry, however a suprise to everyone when Epic dropped to the floor and rolled over, continuing to do so like some sort of playful whimsical creature.

 No.7959

File: 1499963350431.png (187.96 KB, 640x360, 16:9, mac7.png) ImgOps Google

>>7958
"Ooooh… whimsical…" Summer Rye hoped that actually works.

 No.7960

>>7959
>Epic kept doing basic, childlike somersault, hoping to appease to the Ursa Major in a playful way.

 No.7961

>>7958
The bear became infatuated with Epic and loosened up its grip with Angel Bunny, so much so that Angel ran free and hopped right into Rye's saddlebags. The bear was distracted but if Epic stops now, then it will realize it was tricked and most likely throw a tantrum.

>>7959
Watching this, Rye thought to himself perhaps they should fashion a new doll for the bear out of some leaves and twigs from the forest.

 No.7962

>>7961
>As Epic was being all playful, he noticed Angel was now with Rye and tried to indicate to Rye to run away.

 No.7963

File: 1499963733783.png (510.68 KB, 1255x1038, 1255:1038, mac12.png) ImgOps Google

>>7961
Rye was quite glad to be able to get out of that cave as quickly as possible and tried hist best to fashion together a suitable dolly as replacement. If only he had more skill in sewing.

 No.7964

>>7963
>As he was gone, Epic began doing playful rolls and tumbles, gradually towards the exit, all the while to keep the bear entertained for as long as possible.

 No.7965

File: 1499963926925.png (87.99 KB, 800x788, 200:197, Angel_Bunny.png) ImgOps Google

>>7963
Rye found all of the suitable materials to make some impromptu doll but it would take some time to do so.

>>7964
The Ursa is still watching him but saw that he was nearing the tunnel exit.

Epic Body 1d8 = 2 VS Ursa Mind 1d6 = 4

 No.7966

File: 1499964026710.png (156.72 KB, 506x350, 253:175, ursa_minor_by_jeatz_axl-d6….png) ImgOps Google

>>7965
It soon realized that it did not have Angel and Epic was now leaving which angered it and with a large roar it now charged at Epic!

 No.7967

>>7965
>Epic did not knew Rye was making a replacement toy (I mean, with what? It's the forest. Maybe he can use his saddlebag but won't be much of a likeness.) All he could do was entertain it long enough to escape.

>>7966
Thats my cue! Like and subscribe! Bye.
>Runs the heck outta there.

 No.7968

File: 1499964230941.jpg (30.12 KB, 1024x530, 512:265, 786a66ae4477e89a58b5b42229….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7967
>Like with mud twigs and leaves.

Will Epic make it out of the cave safely and will Rye be able to fashion a new doll in time? Find out next time on Tails of Equestria!

I gotta go now and work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKlYZsJiey0

 No.7969

File: 1499964246576.png (649.49 KB, 1600x900, 16:9, mac33.png) ImgOps Google

>>7967
This… dolly looks… good enough… lots of mud, twigs and leaves!

 No.7970

>>7968
(If it works, be more kinder than my backup plan to escape)

 No.7971

File: 1500002857559.png (156.72 KB, 506x350, 253:175, ursa_minor_by_jeatz_axl-d6….png) ImgOps Google

>>7969
>>7970
The bear chased Epic out and was nearly about to strike when it saw the twig mud doll Rye had made from scratch. It looked at it curiously to see what in the world Rye had made…

Charm Test 5
Rye 1d6 = 5

 No.7972

File: 1500003027502.png (87.99 KB, 800x788, 200:197, Angel_Bunny.png) ImgOps Google

>>7971
It looked at it and instantly fell in love with the dolly. It gently picks up the doll and takes it back into the cave to cradle like a small child.

Thankfully now the party had now rescued Angel and with him joining the party, he will surely cause trouble in the future.

 No.7973

>>7971
"Now that went better than expected. You okay there, Angel? Now don't cause any more trouble. We want to get back in one piece!"

 No.7974

File: 1500029113577.png (451.6 KB, 1890x2155, 378:431, Epic Mount herpa-derp by N….png) ImgOps Google

>Breaths a sigh of relief and drops the the ground tired.

 No.7975

File: 1500053590721.png (30.02 KB, 745x419, 745:419, everfree_forest_entrance_b….png) ImgOps Google

>>7973
>>7974
They were safe now since Angel is back in their possession and Epic could take solace in the fact that Fluttershy would be happy. Angel Bunny scurries out of Rye's saddle bags and sits on top of his back and was ready to get out of here and look for the other pets.

There were only two left to find, Owlowiscious and Gummy. Although where they went off to can only be guessed by the trails left behind.

Trail of Soot
Alligator Tracks

 No.7976

>>7975
Alright, let's go find Gummy. Should be easy.

 No.7977

>>7976
If Gummy was to be the next one to look for then the best way to find him would be to start following the nearby Alligator Tracks and follow in a hot pursuit. It has been many hours since they had started looking for the pets and night time has already set in and shrouded them. They can only see but barely because of the natural lights from the forest like moonlight and firefly light.

 No.7978

File: 1500055201184.png (249.72 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac43.png) ImgOps Google

>>7977
"That alligator is pretty tiny, hopefully we don't overlook him… and I can barely make out the tracks in this dimness."

 No.7979

>>7978
I guess we could head back and have Winona sniff him out.

 No.7980

File: 1500055317685.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>7979
"But we'd lose even more time by then… but we should definitely take a light along before we look for Owlowiscious."

 No.7981

>>7978
>>7979
No need to head back, Winona has been with the party the whole time. Tank is there too.

 No.7982

>>7980
Owlowiscious is a night owl, we can look for Gummy now and have better chance at finding Owlowiscious during the later hours.

>>7981
Oh wait, Winona's here with us. Can you find Gummy girl? You remember the smell of Gummy?

 No.7983

File: 1500055443271.png (284.07 KB, 497x795, 497:795, mac14.png) ImgOps Google


 No.7984

>>7982
>>7983
Winona yipped and Tank hovered as his expression took a minute to switch over to a smile. The party would now just have to start actively searching for Gummy.

 No.7985

File: 1500055672275.png (533.42 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac49.png) ImgOps Google

>>7984
Summer Rye kept his nose very low to the ground in order to see the small alligator tracks.

 No.7986

>>7985
>Epic kept his eyes sharp in the search. Growing up in Everfree Forest, his senses were natually sharp to pay attention to his surroundings incase of oncoming dangers and such.

 No.7987

File: 1500055944511.png (231.88 KB, 1280x1280, 1:1, winona__mlp_fim_by_atomicg….png) ImgOps Google

>>7985
>>7986
They follow the trail and head even further south into the forest while the firefly lights accompanied them.

Navigation Difficulty 4

Rye
Mind 1d6 = 3
Winona 1d6 = 4

Epic
Mind 1d4 = 3
Familiarity 1d4 = 3
Winona 1d4 = 1

 No.7988

>>7987
They were able to follow the tracks nicely and were led up to the edge of a river. Following that river they exited the forest and found a lake and in the center of the lake they saw an island with something flying over it. They also saw some sort of river canoe they could take to the mini island.

 No.7989

File: 1500056059094.png (338.5 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac28.png) ImgOps Google

>>7987
"I think Winona is still able to follwo the trail… I can barely make out anything anymore."

 No.7990

File: 1500056141541.gif (163.39 KB, 148x179, 148:179, mac36.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7988
Summer Rye wondered what was flying up there… maybe it was the owl? But it was too dark for him to make out easily.

"There's a canoe…!" Rye was checking for oars.

 No.7991

>>7988
I remember this lake, this is Zecora's canoe.
>Looks over to the island, but too cannot see what the flying creature was.
Is that a bat, or an owl?

>>7990
Yeah, let's get over there quick.

 No.7992

File: 1500056462247.png (191.85 KB, 900x995, 180:199, Tank.png) ImgOps Google

>>7990
>>7991
They found some oars in the boat and took it out to the island. The waves beat up against the sides of the canoe but it was still a gentle ride, Epic can see why Zecora comes out to this island. He can remember Zecora taking him here to help her gather ingredients when he was young but now in his older age he can now get this sense of quiet and peace here.

Once they got on up to the island, they found that the thing flying up above is a hawk looking thing with a Mohawk and Gummy biting on to his side.

 No.7993

File: 1500056573109.jpg (13.69 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7992
"G… Gummy! What are you doing?! Let go!"

 No.7994

>>7992
Thats a mohawk!

>>7993
>Quickly looks for Gummy.

 No.7995

>>7993
Gummy's stare is still blank and his hold of the rebellious looking hawk will not relent. They will have to find a way to get him down from there.

>>7994
Epic can see that Gummy is latched onto the hawk and is very high up. Dangerously so.

 No.7996

>>7995
I know what to do…

>Lets out a loud, death-metal growl.

 No.7997

>>7995
How high above us is that hawk?

 No.7998

>Epic was growling and stomping like his own personal mosh-pit, even making up some musical rhythm to his growls.

(Unrelated to Epic, but my brother taught me how to growl death-metal style.)

 No.7999

File: 1500057131857.png (187.62 KB, 1280x987, 1280:987, gummy_by_capt_nemo-d3k42u0.png) ImgOps Google

>>7997
High enough that Gummy will be hurt if dropped from up that high, he'll live and will be fine.

>>7996
Holy shit
The hawk heres this and goes down a much safer distance so Gummy won't be hurt if he falls. The Hawk is still is flying, they need to get Gummy to let go.

 No.8000

>>7999
>Epic learned how to growl to intimidate predators and monsters who went at him before, but he makes as much noise as possible because he knew mohawks are into loud noises.
>Epic tries singing up a death-metal ballet to get the mohawks attention.
(Would I need a roll to pull it off?)

 No.8001

File: 1500057275069.png (410.76 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac24.png) ImgOps Google

>>7999
"Come on, Gummy, let go! We'll take you home and make you supper! Pinkie will be disappointed if you keep nibbling that poor hawk!"

 No.8002

>>8000
>>8001
They need to appeal to Gummy somehow to open his mouth to let him go. Perhaps they can try to make him laugh like Pinkie Pie would.

 No.8003

File: 1500057619263.png (187.96 KB, 640x360, 16:9, mac7.png) ImgOps Google

>>8002
Summer Rye pondered about Gummy's owner. He had only seen that pink pony for a few moments but she seemed rather cheerful. He decides to put his bucket on his head and tried to juggle some of his cooking utensils (while hoping none would land in the water). Maybe the gator would find that fun.

 No.8004

>>8003
Gummy sees the display and smiles…

Laugh DC 5
Rye 1d6 = 4

 No.8005

>>8004
But he did not laugh unfortunately. It is a start though in the right direction.

 No.8006

>>8002
>Epic was growling away, making up a song.
BUCKET-HEAD BUCKET-HEAD
YOU LOOK SO PAIL
BUCKET-HEAD BUCKET-HEAD
DO NOT FAIL

CONTAINER FROM DEEP WITHIN
PATIENT BY THE WELL
WATER YOU WAITING FOR?
IN THE DEPTHS YOU SHALL DWELL!

 No.8007

>>8006
Laugh DC 4
Epic 1d6 = 4

 No.8008

File: 1500058004932.png (490.74 KB, 732x673, 732:673, mac30.png) ImgOps Google

>>8006
Summer Rye began to laugh at the song and the bucket slipped off his head.

 No.8009

File: 1500058015176.gif (105.91 KB, 297x324, 11:12, Epic Mount wiggle-wiggle.gif) ImgOps Google

>Epic had to stop his made-up death-metal song and cough.

I can't go on anymore. I guess you could say I'm a little horse.

 No.8010

File: 1500058129223.png (187.62 KB, 1280x987, 1280:987, gummy_by_capt_nemo-d3k42u0.png) ImgOps Google

>>8007
Epic's horrid lyrics finally got Gummy to laugh and he fell right on down into Epic's back nicely. Suddenly though Gummy snaps right on Epics side and would not let go.

Gummy has joined the party and while he is close to another party member, he will play his game of snap and latch on to them. A party member that has Gummy biting him will have his Body trait downgraded when making Body Tests.

 No.8011

File: 1500058211135.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>8010
>Epic didn't mind the guy holding onto him.
We should go.
>Gets on the canoe.

 No.8012

File: 1500058266664.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

>>8010
"Alright, off we go…" Summer Rye was quite pleased that Gummy was with them now but made sure to keep a distance. He didn't want the alligator to cling to his mane or tail.

 No.8013

File: 1500058349992.png (30.02 KB, 745x419, 745:419, everfree_forest_entrance_b….png) ImgOps Google

>>8011
>>8012
They head on back to the mainland and were now back at the edge of the Everfree forest with only one Pet left to look for and that would be Owlowiscious. So that would mean the following to soot trail.

 No.8014

>>8012
>>8013
>Epic didn't mind at all, after all he's been bitten by worse things, with actual fangs.

OK, now we need to find Owlowicious. Luckily he was a wild owl before settling with Twilight and more active at night, though finding her shouldn't be so bad.

Hm… soot…
>Follows.

 No.8015

File: 1500058508336.jpg (8.25 KB, 155x190, 31:38, mac26.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8013
Summe Rye went into Fluttershy's hut to find a lantern or other light source to take along.

 No.8016

>>8015
(I thought you already had a lantern? All in all, if my guess for the next encounte ris right, we'll need it.)
Should I leave Gummy here at the cottage?

 No.8017

>>8014
They follow the Trail with Winona at the lead. Finally they almost had all of them back in safety and soon they could go home and wait for the Mane 6. Whether you take joy in helping others or are purely there for monetary purpose in the end they should be pleased.

Navigation DC4

Rye
Mind 1d6 = 1
Winona 1d6 = 2

Epic
Mind 1d4 = 4
Familiarity 1d4 = 3
Winona 1d4 = 1

>>8015
The cottage is too far and the party is already following the soot.

 No.8018

File: 1500058763713.jpg (71.15 KB, 820x803, 820:803, mac27.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8016
Me? No, I don't have one.

>>8017
Felt totally lost in the darkness and there were odd sounds everywhere. This was almost as bad as a cave.

 No.8019

File: 1500058766060.png (35.48 KB, 300x300, 1:1, 300px-Owllicious_by_blackm….png) ImgOps Google

>>8017
They soon come up to a clearing and they can see Owlowiscious flying erratically for some reason. He's bumping into trees and just looks confused, below him is some sort of blue flora.

 No.8020

>>8019
Oh no!
>Prevents Rye from going any further.
Thats Poison Joke.

 No.8021

File: 1500058927578.png (210.94 KB, 416x375, 416:375, mac40.png) ImgOps Google

>>8019
"Poison what…?"

 No.8022

File: 1500059013280.png (35.48 KB, 300x300, 1:1, 300px-Owllicious_by_blackm….png) ImgOps Google

>>8020
Epic can see that the owl had contracted the poison joke and it seems that it severely affected his flight patterns.

>>8021
Rye can assume that what Epic was talking about was the large amount of blue plants that cover the area.

They'll have to somehow get a hold of the owl and cure his ailment.

 No.8023

File: 1500059053672.png (29.63 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is sad.png) ImgOps Google

>>8021
Poinson Joke. It's pollen has a random magical effect on those in contact with it.
Last time I was explosed to it, ended up with both my eyes on one side of my head.

>Calls to the owl.
Owlowicious! Come down here!

 No.8024

>>8023
The owl can't fly towards you due to the curse. Both Epic and Rye will have to work together and make a collaborative effort to save the owl.

 No.8025

File: 1500059155442.png (284.07 KB, 497x795, 497:795, mac14.png) ImgOps Google

>>8022
Summer Rye takes his buckt and tries to catch the owl in it, always careful not to stumble into the flowers.

 No.8026

>>8025
The owl is much too far and if he tries to throw it then he'll just lose the bucket in all of the poison joke.

 No.8027

File: 1500059267892.png (57.81 KB, 945x945, 1:1, Epic Mount shrug.png) ImgOps Google

Uh… try… flying away from us?

 No.8028

File: 1500059339976.png (521.31 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac34.png) ImgOps Google

"Try flying away from us and try not to aim at this bucket!"

 No.8029

>>8027
RYE AND EPIC HAS TO MAKE A COLLABORATIVE EFFORT TO SAVE THE OWL.

Try using your cutiemark skills.

 No.8030

>>8028
>>8029
It's no use, I'm gonna go in there and try and get him. The pollens effect isn't immediate but we'll need to go straight to Zecora afterwards.

>Goes into the flowerbed and tries to get at the Owl.

 No.8031

File: 1500059658610.jpg (23.26 KB, 768x432, 16:9, mac23.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8030
Rye wanted to consult Epic about a plan as he noticed him just wondering off into the flowers her warned him about…

"Um… that's no plan!" he shouted, not even knowing where this 'Zecora' lived.

 No.8032

>>8030
>You can use you skill of defending and use Rye's bucket as a makeshift shield. Rye can use some cooking utensils and use his cooking skill to cut away the plants that Epic can't defend from.

 No.8033

File: 1500059851857.png (284.07 KB, 497x795, 497:795, mac14.png) ImgOps Google

>>8032
Let's cut away those plants!

 No.8034

>>8031
>While Epic did approach the flowebed, was still reluctant to have his eyes wedged to one side of his head that he stopped.
Do you have a plan?

>>8032
(Defend from what exactly? Poison Joke is harmless and doesn't exactly "attack", unless you mean Owlowicious swooping.)

>>8033
Hm… I dunno, feels… "unfair" to the plants.

 No.8035

File: 1500060134933.jpg (58.84 KB, 499x668, 499:668, CX6-jPsVAAAJBUO.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8034
Do you want to walk through with zero protection?

 No.8036

(sorry, I need to stop there)

 No.8037

>>8035
How can a bucket protect me from large area of pollen? Thats like trying to pass through a gas cloud with a bucket to protect my face. And thats pressuming the gas won't effect the skin.

 No.8038

>>8036
>>8037
You get the curse from direct contact so you use the bucket as a buffer. Anyways I need to stop too to go to work today.

 No.8039

>>8038
Alright, idea then.
Rye, I'll need the bucket.

 No.8040

>>8039
>Hey guys my work called me and said that they will need me to come in tomorrow at a much earlier time than usual. They want me to be there at 11am so I won't be on around that time since I will be getting ready. Good news is that I am going to be getting home at 8:30pm so I will be available to roleplay sometime after that. This is of course all in EST.

 No.8041

>>8040
(That's way past my bed time unfortunately)

>>8039
Summer Rye hands Epic his trusty bucket.

 No.8042

>>8041
>Epic takes the bucket and enters the field, fending off the flowers like a lion tamer.
>The flowers do nothing, since they're flowers.
>Epic tries standing on the bucket out of reach from the flowers.
>The flowers do nothing, since they're flowers. And their pollen would be airborn.
>Epic tried fitting his large hooves in the bucket and hop around.
>Epic looks like a fool.

How exactly do you invision Epic defending himself from the flowers with a bucket, Critical?

 No.8043

File: 1500176076632.jpg (7.05 KB, 236x232, 59:58, ff911bfacf788e55c5c2a1fa09….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8042
I mean I can see your point now with that vid. I was kinda imagining that the bucket was made of wood and was about half the size of Rye so I was imagining it to be pretty big like a shield. And you would of course run through the patches where there weren't any poison joke and use the bucket to deflect the plants that might brush up against you.

The two run on in, Epic using his makeshift shield and Rye cutting away any excess plants that Epic couldn't protect against.

Navigation DC 3

Epic
Body 1d8 = 3
Defending 1d6 = 3

Rye
Body 1d6 = 6
Cooking 1d6 = 1

 No.8044

File: 1500176259790.jpg (155.37 KB, 780x911, 780:911, KaUBq7U.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8043
Bashing Poison Joke away and slicing and dicing their own path led them up to the Owl and Epic was able to scoop up the owl into his bucket shield and they both were able to make it out of the Poison Joke patch unharmed. That is of course not to say that Owlowiscious still needed his treatment from the curse which Epic knows can be provided by either Zecora or the Spa ponies but the Spa ponies would probably charge them…

 No.8045

File: 1500180703718.jpg (8.18 KB, 245x276, 245:276, mac47.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Summer Rye was all for getting out of the forest as quickly as possible but he let Epic decide. After all he seeemd to know Zecora.

"Once we're back home we'll get you some chocolate mice." he tried calm down Owlowiscious.

 No.8046

>>8043
(Yeah I was imagining a more regular size bucket of either metal or wood, like a well bucket.)

>>8045
Let's get to Zecora first, she's closer. Plus we may still need treatment as well incase of airborn pollen.

 No.8047

File: 1500201335838.png (95.67 KB, 591x599, 591:599, Epic Mount.png) ImgOps Google

(For some reason I went anon.

>>8045
>>8046
Let's get to Zecora, she's closest and the spa would be closed by now, she can help us.

 No.8048

>>8045
>>8046
>>8047
Epic leads the way down a path that he knew well to get to Zecora. It took about 10 minutes to get there but when they did Summer Rye saw the strange and alien like home of Zecora. She lived inside a tree with bottles hanging from the branches, masks surrounding the dirt path to the door, and a strange smoke emanating from the window Zecora likes work on her potions at.

 No.8049

File: 1500219805701.png (918.04 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, Zecora_Home.png) ImgOps Google

>>8048
I am consideirng Epic also being affected by the Poison Joke, but it's probably easier for Zecora to cure an owl over a full grown pony..
Unless you want a luck or body roll for it.


This is where I grew up in the forest.

 No.8050

>>8049
I mean it sounds like you want to be infected

 No.8051

>>8050
On one hand, it sounds like I deserve it, given I did made contact with them flowers. I know you said I could defend myself with the bucket but we imagined different kinds of buckets, and even with a large tub-size bucket dunno if it'll offer much protection.
On the other hand, the cure for Poison Joke involves a herbal soak in a tub. Zecora can perhaps use a tub or her cauldron to cure Owlowicious but Epic being bigger than the average size adult stallion means it's not something she can "potion away" for him. Thus having to cure Epic would be more awkward for the story, given we have to get all these pets back and make it like nothing bad has happened for the girls. Given it's late hours and the spa might be closed, Epic could perhaps use Fluttershy's bath-tub to cure himself but it depends how long it will take for him to cure himself, tidy Fluttershy's cottage and groom the pets until the girls get home.
(So, as GM, you can decide if you want what should happen to Epic.)

 No.8052

>>8051
Okay
Before they can take another step further, Rye can see Epic Mounts muscles begin to shrink into near inexistence, to the point where he was rail thin as a unicorn he once saw. Rye did not favor any better as tufts of wheat began to rapidly grow on top of his back.

 No.8053

>>8052
O-oh no..
Muh muscles!

 No.8054

(Clarity will be here in roughly 45 minutes)

 No.8055

File: 1500223171418.jpg (13.69 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8052
>>8053
"What the… what is happening to you?"

 No.8056

>>8055
Must be the Poison Joke! B-but I thought it only has the one effect with each pony!?

At least thats what I pressume. In the episode "Filli Vanilli" Fluttershy used Poison Joke on purpose in order to sing anonymously with The Pony Tones. It had the same effects with her voice last time.

 No.8057

File: 1500223518591.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>8056
"We have to get you to Zecora quickly!"

 No.8058

>>8057
Yeah, you too don't look so good, looking a little green there…
>Prods his mane which was growing tufts of grass, but mostly wheat.

 No.8059

File: 1500223886151.jpg (13.69 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8058
"By Celestia!"

 No.8060

>>8059
We need to get to Zecora, she can cure us!

 No.8061

File: 1500310734100.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, 1:1, Too much coffee, not enoug….png) ImgOps Google

Sorry I'm late, I overslept by accident because my work hours have been brutal of late. My mom wants me to do a quick favor and then I'll be posting like normal. Deuces!

 No.8062

>>8061
I'm ready.

 No.8063

File: 1500311455190.png (2.32 MB, 1600x1250, 32:25, img-2570818-1-zecoracommis….png) ImgOps Google

>>8062
Back

>>8057
>>8058
>>8059
>>8060
They head on inside and they see that the inside is just as strange and foreign as the outside. Bottles and strange ingredients lined the walls, Herbs were strung up from the ceiling to dry out before use, smells of potions and a thin cloud of smoke flowed through the air. Epic got to see the familiar black and white striped pony that had raised him up as a child. For Rye this will be his first encounter with a Zebra since farm work doesn't really broaden your horizons.

"Ah Epic you have brought a friend", she says.
"And it seems you both met and untimely end."
"The ailments that made your body broke…"
"Perhaps you were touched by Poison Joke?"

 No.8064

>>8063
Yep. Poison Joke. Was trying to rescue this here owl who had the worse of it. Can you cure it from Poison Joke?

 No.8065

File: 1500311879287.png (232.74 KB, 920x868, 230:217, Zecora.png) ImgOps Google

>>8064
"You have explained me the how."
"So I will shall prepare the bath now."
"Perhaps you and your friend should take a rest."
"Collect your thoughts and ease your animals will be best."

She heads on back to gather what is needed to make up the herbal bath and came back out and started brewing it in a large black cauldron.

 No.8066

>To Rye.
Zecora knows what she's doing. Not the first time she had to treat me for Poison Joke.

 No.8067

File: 1500312374669.png (2.32 MB, 1600x1250, 32:25, img-2570818-1-zecoracommis….png) ImgOps Google

>>8066
I wonder if Rye is on…
Zecora is still steadily making the potions as they talk. Clouds of green and pink puff up from the cauldron as she threw in more herbs to give the cure its potency.

 No.8068

>>8067
I'll remind him.
Of course, she got me out of some scrapes before.

 No.8069

File: 1500312507495.jpg (8.25 KB, 155x190, 31:38, mac26.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8067
"I'm all, green, Ma'am! Please help us!"

 No.8070

>>8068
>>8069
"Do not worry, I will cure your wheat."
"So you can go and all the monsters you will beat."

Do you guys wanna chat to get a more RP immersion effect or just continue?

 No.8071

>>8070
(I never minded chatting for a bit in RPGs)

 No.8072

>>8070
Please hurry, I dunno how to stand on these stalks! I look like those mares in Canterlot fashion magazines that make themselves thin.

 No.8073

File: 1500313033349.png (232.74 KB, 920x868, 230:217, Zecora.png) ImgOps Google

>>8071
>>8072
With one final cloud puff from the cauldron, Zecora stepped aside and spoke.

"The cauldron ready with its potion."
"Step on in and rub the mixture on like lotion"
"The curse will be gone, for minutes will be some"
"So you two may go home."

 No.8074

>>8073
Alright Rye, let's get in there. Just don't make this anymore wierd than it has to be.
>Takes the owl and ease into the cauldron.

 No.8075

File: 1500313115564.jpg (10.3 KB, 200x193, 200:193, mac21.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8073
"Very much obliged, Miss Zecora…" Rye said before stepping into the potion, not before taking off his saddle bags not to get them wet.

"Aaaah… that is relaxing. How do you know the antidote?"

 No.8076

>>8074
>>8075
"I have traveled far for recipes learn."
"Potion making is a skill I have earned"
"Learning these things from texts before"
"Potion masters who have written this lore."

Soon enough the curse was starting to reverse itself, Epic's muscles were growing back and Rye's back wheat was receding.

 No.8077

File: 1500313463003.png (164.13 KB, 808x988, 202:247, mac53.png) ImgOps Google

>>8076
"That's much better… thanks again."

 No.8078

>>8076
>>8077
>Epics muscles was returning as well as his size, taking up more room in the cauldron.

 No.8079

File: 1500313685483.png (87.99 KB, 800x788, 200:197, Angel_Bunny.png) ImgOps Google

>>8077
>>8078
All what had remained of the curse was now gone and the animals that accompanied the party were getting angsty and tired. Perhaps they should head on home now to get them to bed.

 No.8080

>>8079
Thaks Zecora. Me and Rye need to head back. We promised Twilight and her friends wwe'll look after her pets… Oh manure! Do we even have time to groom them like we promised?

 No.8081

>>8080
The pets looked pretty tired so it would be best to groom them for another day. Although they should probably hurry on back home soon.

 No.8082

File: 1500313978024.png (210.94 KB, 416x375, 416:375, mac40.png) ImgOps Google

>>8079
"Don't give us that look, Angel. You should be grateful! You caused all this rucks in the first place."

"Thanks again, Zecora."

 No.8083

>>8082
Thanks Zecora!
>They head out.

 No.8084

>>8082
"It is no problem dear."
If you are ever in trouble, I shall be near."

>>8083
They head on home on the dirt path that will lead to Fluttershy's cottage the fastest. They could still see in the darkness enough to navigate but… something was off. They felt as if they were being watched, hoof steps sounded close to them but when they looked nothing was there. Suddenly with a holing noise, two Timber Wolves jumped out in front of them. Their glowing eyes and snarls caught the two up and they knew that the wolves will be causing trouble.

 No.8085

File: 1500314297743.jpg (13.69 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Summer Rye gave a scream of fear! He looked for a way to run, wondering if they were close to the edge of the forest.

 No.8086

File: 1500314310224.png (61.68 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount grin.png) ImgOps Google

>>8084
>Epic was not in the mood an gave a large growling snarl at the closest of the wolves.
>Most timberwolves know who he is.
(I guess maybe a charm and/or body roll for intimidation?)

 No.8087

>>8085
The wolves were in the way but…

>>8086
Epic tries to intimidate them

Epic Body 1d8 = 5 VS Wolf Mind 1d6 = 3

Epic Body 1d8 = 5 VS Wolf Mind 1d6 = 1

 No.8088

File: 1500314547570.png (207.5 KB, 1024x683, 1024:683, timberwolf_by_jadedjynx-d8….png) ImgOps Google

>>8087
Epic growl looked like it shook them pretty bad and soon that they ran out into the bushes were they thought it was safe. The path was now clear for them to head home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTeUdJky9rY

 No.8089

File: 1500314640546.gif (217.35 KB, 342x324, 19:18, mac37.gif) ImgOps Google

"Well done, Epic… that roaring really caught them by surprise." Summer Rye moved as quickly as possible.

 No.8090

File: 1500314788430.png (520.54 KB, 930x941, 930:941, Epic meme.png) ImgOps Google

>>8088
>>8089
>Epic gave a nicker, given he's tussled with Timberwolves so many times, they recognise him as a threat a smost dangerous monsters in the forest.
Let's go.

 No.8091

>>8089
>>8090
They finally made it on back home to the cottage and when they entered, all of the pets were asleep and the ones with the party found their respective beds and went to sleep as well. Rye And Epic spent another hour cleaning up the place before they went to rest on the furniture for the night.

For the next few days the two stayed at the cottage to feed and care for the animals as promised, Angel Bunny was still difficult but he didn't try any mass escape plan aagin. Gummy stayed still as usual and fortunately Epic nor Rye was snapped by him. Owlowiscious was kind enough to help Epic and Rye care for the pets and show them how to do so. Opal kept to herself mostly so she wouldn't mingle with plebians. Tank and Winona spent time together outside to play since they liked the outdoors.

After this fiasco Epic and Rye felt that they had learned much in this adventure, So much so that they had raised up into level 2. Their bond of friendship had also strengthened and they now had three tokens of friendship each.

 No.8092

File: 1500315487264.png (218.68 KB, 391x455, 391:455, mac11.png) ImgOps Google

>>8091
Good going. That was a nice adventure.

 No.8093

>>8091
Phew! Can't wait til the girls come home.
Hope they be happy with how well we did.

Bu-u-ut let's not tell them about escaping eh?

 No.8094

>>8092
>>8093
>Do you guys know how to level up your characters? If so post your upgrades for me. If not meet me on the OOC.

 No.8095

File: 1500315638218.png (135.33 KB, 1000x1000, 1:1, mac35.png) ImgOps Google

>>8093
"Hmmm… probably not. I hope the pets won't tell them then."

(How can we level up?)

 No.8096


 No.8110

>Epic and Rye rest up, for tommorow.

 No.8113

File: 1500317131762.png (1.08 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, Ponies_chatting_in_the_mar….png) ImgOps Google

>>8092
>>8093
>>8095
>>8096
Because I don't have the ToE expansion set, I don't have the adventure that starts right after this so we'll do the one I've been writing instead. If I do get the expansion one day then we could do the other adventure.

The girls come back home and were quite happy to see their pets in well condition. After a happy reunion, Epic and Rye were rewarded with 100 bits for each of them to spend.

They got a sneaking suspicion that they would need to put this money to good use and buy proper adventuring supplies like ropes, armor, weapons, and anything useful.

What was in store for the future was anyone's guess but soon the fates of Epic and Rye will be tested in a conspiracy beyond the average pony's comprehension…

Next Time in ToE!

 No.8115

File: 1500317245162.png (308.63 KB, 962x413, 962:413, Epic Mounts Bunny costume.png) ImgOps Google

>>8113
Was no problem.
>Blushes, especially over how happy Fluttershy was with him.

 No.8122

File: 1500394827627.png (1.08 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, Ponies_chatting_in_the_mar….png) ImgOps Google

A few days pass after the pet predicament. Everything was pretty quiet and anything that was a major problem was often solved by the Mane 6 with a friendship/moral lesson at the end. This left Epic and Rye doing small and odd jobs around the town like cleaning windows or unnecessarily saving ponies from mayonnaise that they could not open. Doing so was not that much profitable and Rye's hopes of saving his farm and Epic's hopes of adventure had slowly dwindled. Still though what little money Rye had earned he sent to his family and going out and helping around made them feel pretty nice.

What was interesting though that today was the eve of a history festival where artifacts from the local museum will be out on display to show ponies young and old can see what life was like in ancient times. Though the museum was not open today, they can spend the hours away going around and buying supplies.

 No.8125

File: 1500396791697.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>8122
Summer Rye sighed as he sent more money to his parents. "Earning money is hard…" He stretched himself. "A shame that museum isn't open, would be nice to look at some rustic items. Ah well, I wanted to do some shopping anyway. I need a new spade."

 No.8126

File: 1500396915481.png (63.31 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is sad.png) ImgOps Google

>>8125
I'm thinking of spending less time in Ponyville and return to my life in Everfree Forest more.

 No.8127

File: 1500396996122.png (133.48 KB, 436x340, 109:85, mac46.png) ImgOps Google

>>8126
"That sounds pretty boring but I want to return home too… But I need to earn some more bits so that's a no-go."

 No.8128

>>8125
They had heard of a supply store that those in the adventurous lifestyle would appeal to. Ponies, who are explorers or dungeon divers, often speak of the store owned by Smooth Waves which is called Chill Surplus.

>>8126
Perhaps something will change soon for these two… someday.

 No.8129

File: 1500397087890.png (99.95 KB, 277x342, 277:342, mac3.png) ImgOps Google

>>8128
Summer Rye pointed at an interesting looking store. "Hey, look over there… I haven't noticed that one before. 'Chill Surplus'… sounds fancy. Maybe they have a spade. Let's check it out."

 No.8130

File: 1500397196896.png (555.33 KB, 930x941, 930:941, Epic Mount is a big pony b….png) ImgOps Google

>>8127
Everypony around here think I'm just some scrub-pony, that whenever I offer to help them in dire needs, they give me domestic chores to do, it's embarrasing! I'm the Everfree Pony! I fought monsters and saved lives!

>>8128
>>8129
>Takes a look at the store and sighs.
Yeah, OK,

If you still need money for your farm, I could of given you the money we made last time.

I don't have much use for money in Everfree Forest.

 No.8131

File: 1500397343341.png (649.49 KB, 1600x900, 16:9, mac33.png) ImgOps Google

>>8130
"Oh no, I cannot take your money - you earned it after all and it wouldn't be right."

Summer Rye gets into the store.

"Look at all the stuff they have!"

 No.8132

File: 1500397357311.jpg (118.34 KB, 1365x709, 1365:709, siCjC4I.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8129
They head on inside and see that it is empty of customers, nice. TBH it only really was useful to the wandering traveler since most of the citizens here live safe domestic lives. Cool sounding jazz played and a cool looking pony with slicked back hair welcomed them.

"Hey there cats, welcome to the Chill Surplus. You two are giving me some sweet vibes so let me know if you want to buy anything. I just got about what you'll need to keep you kicking in some dungeon. Or if you want to chat, I often keep up with the current events. too."

 No.8133


 No.8134

File: 1500397600198.png (284.07 KB, 497x795, 497:795, mac14.png) ImgOps Google

>>8132
Summer Rye eyed the pony who called him and Epic 'cats'… what an odd thing to say.

"Oh… hello there, Sir. You have a collection of quite a few interesting items here. I don't know what a 'dungeon' is except for a prison cell but my friend here and I were having quite an adventure lately and we could have used a lamp.

But what I really need is a spade… and oh my goodness… look at all the other stuff that is here!"

Summer Rye began rummaging through different objects of interest.

 No.8135

>>8132
>Being with social difficulties, he's not entirely sure how to respond to this.
Uh, hey smooth-dude. Um… we're just browsing.
>Takes a look at the sword.

>>8134
I'm more of a dog person myself.

 No.8136

File: 1500397754340.png (719 B, 80x80, 1:1, smooth waves.png) ImgOps Google

>>8134
"Cool Daddy-O Let me help you with all of that" So you now have the inventory you purchased in the OOC

>>8135
"Groovy cat. Hey that sword that caught your eye, I'll let you have it for 50 Bits. Heh… ur you do know you to swing it right?"

 No.8137

File: 1500397775430.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>8135
"That sword looks sharp… I'm surprised they even sell such a thing."

Summer Rye rushed over to a table with ropes.

"We would have needed one of these!"

 No.8138

File: 1500397813212.png (164.13 KB, 808x988, 202:247, mac53.png) ImgOps Google

>>8136
"I'd like all this… can I have a discount for purchasing so much?"

 No.8139

File: 1500397844424.png (57.81 KB, 945x945, 1:1, Epic Mount shrug.png) ImgOps Google

>>8136
Not really. We don't have hands and looks rediculously big.

 No.8140

>>8137
"That's right, royal guard aren't the only cats who can play with a smithy.

>>8138
Charm Test

Rye Charm 1d6 = 4 VS SW Mind 1d8 = 5

>>8139
"Don't worry cat. You just hold the hilt with your mouth and…"

You learned how to hold the sword.

 No.8141

File: 1500398028924.jpg (55.59 KB, 792x727, 792:727, mac31.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8139
"Like this!"

 No.8142

>>8140
>>8138
"Sorry kiddo, Stallion's gotta make a living too ya know. Don't worry I promise all of my stuff is affordable and of great quality."

>>8141
"Ha ha. I like you two, perhaps you cool guys should come by more often."

 No.8143

>>8140
That still be impractical, wouldn't striking the blade cause shock down your teeth and neck?

 No.8144

File: 1500398222117.png (249.72 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac43.png) ImgOps Google

>>8142
"Oh well… thanks anyway." Summer Rye hands him the 170 bits. "And yes, the items do look like they're good quality."

He puts on the barding.

"How do I look, Epic?"

 No.8145

>>8143
Mate we're roleplaying in a world of colorful, magical, flying, talking ponies. We passed realism a long time ago.

 No.8146

>>8145
Well, it does look cool, but I'm not the sort to take the lives of the monsters I fight. I'm no monster myself.

>>8144
Didn't know you were into such things.

 No.8147

File: 1500398466898.png (490.74 KB, 732x673, 732:673, mac30.png) ImgOps Google

>>8146
"It's very old-stylish… but some sturdy clothes are always helpful out in the fields."

 No.8148

>>8144
> I did familiarize myself with barding again and it seems that light barding will reduce damage by one point. It also downgrades flying and magic but since your an Earth Pony you shouldn't have any trouble.

>>8146
"Hey I got other stuff than swords and spears. Sounds like you would be more into my hoof bracers, ponies can punch a bit harder with em. Besides it might suit your skill set better anyways."

 No.8149

File: 1500398530931.jpg (44.76 KB, 555x529, 555:529, mac22.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8148
(It's why I picked it over the helmet which would have been cheaper.)

 No.8150

>>8148
Hm… maybe, do need to keep them monsters in place. If you ever tangled with  aHydra, you'd know how much effort it is to fight them.

 No.8151

>>8150
"Great, so the bracers will be wrapped up along your front hooves… They'll also cost you 50 bits."

>Bracers will allow your to use your Brawling skill during combat.

 No.8152

>>8151
Nice. Do you have any flint? Or anything I can use to make small fires?

 No.8153

>>8152
"Yep I got that stuff too…"

He goes behind his counter and pulls out a mechanism holding onto flint and has a piece of metal ready to strike it.

"This will cost you 70 bits. I also have cans about the size of sodas of oil that will cost 20 bits each."

 No.8154

File: 1500399027972.png (342.43 KB, 499x701, 499:701, mac39.png) ImgOps Google

"That flint looks fancy."

 No.8155

>>8154
"And dangerous too which is why it's expensive. Can't have too many ponies lighting fires around here now can we?"

 No.8156

File: 1500399166114.png (66.08 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is awesome.png) ImgOps Google

>>8153
Wow, what a cool mechanism! Usually I just bash flint together with rocks back home, but this looks much more efficient.

So that be 120 bits right?

>>8154
>>8155
It's also why I don't really need oil. I do have flint at home, but this looks much more efficient. And I uusally use tinder I find lying around the forest. Having oil would perhaps be more of a hassle.

 No.8157

File: 1500399222981.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

>>8156
"Make sure you don't light the whole forest on fire."

 No.8158

>>8156
"If you can find the Tinder then I won't fault you. So is that gonna complete your purchase there kiddo?"

>I have to go really soon.

 No.8159

>>8157
I survived many winters in Everfree Forest. I know how to be responsible with fire.

>>8158
Yep. that be all.

Hey… I just thought of something… do other adventuring ponies come and go as well? Or perhaps ponies looking for sturdy ponies for adventure?

 No.8160

File: 1500399594057.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, 1:1, Crit portrait 1.png) ImgOps Google

>>8159
"Well there was an odd fella in here a while ago. Says he came from a suburb away from Baltimare. A short little unicorn who casts some pretty wierd magincs and says he can bend space time around him. Horseshit but hey I dunno."

Epic purchased the hoof bracers and Flint Steel and now has about 60 bits left.

And now I gotta go. If you guys want me to throw in my character I'll do so but only as a support role.

 No.8161

>>8160
(I wouldn't mind. See you later!)

 No.8162

>>8160
You can answer this when come back then.
Oh, well, I figured, maybe you'd know where if theres "quests" and by quest I mean "jobs" that we can do that doesn't involve domestic works. Something that garners the attention of heroes than manual labourers.

I think a long time a go taverns and places had quest boards of sort, during pre-classical era I guess.

There must be some quests thats beneath Princess of Friendship.

While Twilight and Epic are friends, I always imagine their friendship like that of brother and sister that barely get along. They like each other but their methods and oppinions clash at times.

And yeah, be cool with your character can come along. It be like old times in the Wastelands… unless our Fo;E RPs take place in the distant future to this one…

 No.8163

>>8161
>>8162
I guess I'll throw my character on in, cool. Anyways I wouldn't really consider our Fo:E to be canon with this RP since this story takes place much later than important pre-war events in the Fo:E canon. Besides Critical was never restricted to a single canon TBH.

Smooth Waves scratches his chin as he thinks about this…

"Hm… Well I don't think there's really anything going on as of late. Well there was this earthquake a day or two ago that rocked the train tracks up to Canterlot so all trade to and fro is cut off. Thankfully though all of the artifacts for the museum expo tomorrow had arrived long before that."

He gives Epic a smile to let him know not to worry.

"Don't stress it kid. I've seen a lot of adventurers start out small as you but later on they often become the talk of the local taverns. Why don't you go on ahead and check out the museum expo tomorrow and have a nice relaxing day off?"

Just to let you know, I was using this day so you can buy up some stuff. When you are ready for the story to continue, just say you packed up for the night and I'll start the museum expo.

 No.8165

>>8163
Fancy museums? That sounds like something Twilight would attend to… I dunno.
>Imagines how u ncouth he is in a room full of fancy ponies.
(Maybe Rye or Smooth can talk him into going, given his Social Difficulties would make him unconfortable for such situations.)

 No.8166

File: 1500482586745.jpg (118.34 KB, 1365x709, 1365:709, siCjC4I.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8165
"Ey. Why don't you put that Twilight out of your mind for a sec and just relax. Besides I think you would be interested to see all of those artifacts… behind a glass case of course."

 No.8167

>>8166
Hm, yeah, you're right. Be interesting to see if they got artifacts I don't have from dungeon crawling.

 No.8168

>>8167
Ah there you are.

"Yeah they'll open up tomorrow so I'll be closed so I can peruse the artifacts."

Will Clarity be on?

 No.8169

>>8168
Od, he's usually on around this time, but not on Steam.

Nice. I wonder if I'll meet any of the archaeologists or splunkers?

 No.8170

(Sorry, no time to play today.)

 No.8171

File: 1500485720961.png (66.6 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount feels.png) ImgOps Google

>>8170
(Aw.)

 No.8172

>>8170
>>8169
Ah okay
"Well then kiddo, have fun. Anyways do you want to know anything else or perhaps some rumors or current events?"

 No.8173

>>8172
Rumours? What kinda rumours?

 No.8174

>>8173
"Well they say that the artifacts on display are from the era where the three pony tribes were still divided and in their homelands. Other than that… Well there was the earthquake that damaged the rails up to Canterlot. The one's who took the biggest hit was a small outpost just north of here called the Galloping Horse Rest."

 No.8175

>>8174
Pre-Classical era artifacts? Well now it's even more likely Twilight will be present. Thats one of her favourate subjects.

As for Galloping Horse Rest, was anypony hurt?

 No.8176

>>8175
"Yeah a lot of the artifacts were donated by this fancy noble curator in Canterlot. I don't know the fellows name. Then with the Galloping Horse, I don't think anypony was hurt but the trains can't go back and forth so trade is pretty much cut off for a week or two."

You know if you want to do a quick adventure, you could try exploring Ponyville for the time being.

 No.8177

>>8176
OK, but only solo for a bit.
>Talks to Rye.
Rye, I'm gonna go look around town for a bit.
>Rye was too busy talking to Smooth to notice.
Okay, meet up later, I guess.

>Goes out and about.

 No.8178

>>8177
He walks about in the town until he sees the local cafe, it is quiet and it doesn't seem that many folk are around at the moment so maybe Epic can slip in and buy some coffee or maybe eat one of those mini cakes cafe's always serve.

 No.8179

>>8178
>Epic was not a coffee drinker, but ever since Pinkie Pie introduced the wonders of confectionary treats to somepony like him who grew up on potatoes and fruits of the forests, he grew a liking to treats.
>He goes over to inspects the pastries.

 No.8180

>>8178
The feeling of life in there was pretty still, only but a handfew were actually in there and had already bought what they were going to eat. Before going to the counter though, Epic could hear this ghostly sounding music graze his ears. He looks and see this figure wearing a three piece suit and with a top hat that covers his face except for a devilish smile. In his hooves was a strange looking box that he cranked and played the orchestra from the odd and misshapen pipes that dotted the music box's exterior.

Oddly though, Epic was the only one to notice this stallion, everyone was either unaware or just choosing to ignore him.

 No.8181

>>8180
>Epic's ears cringed at the sound of the noise coming from the "music" box.
Quite the atmosphere in here.
>Epic was considering leaving, not wanting to draw attention to himself.

 No.8182

>>8181
Just before he was about to leave, the music player called out to Epic and told him to come on over.

 No.8183

>>8182
Uh- me?
>Was not sure what to do.
What is it?

 No.8184

>>8183
Epic walks over to him while the stallion still plays his music box.

"I can tell your life is full of adventure. Perhaps you would like to play a game? Rules are simple, you just give me on of your items and I'll put in my box. Then I'll give you a new and better item."

 No.8185

>>8184
Whaaa?
>Epic was suspicious
Who are you? Some guy in a mask wanting one of my items for some sort of trade?

 No.8186

>>8185
"I'm just a bard who likes to play a game every now and then. I can understand your reservations though but I promise I mean you no ill will. In fact if you want your item back, then it shall be so."

Will Epic play this Stallion's item game?

Don't worry he won't steal from you or give you shitty loot.

 No.8187

>>8186
It's not my items I'm concerned he'll steal.
>Looks over to the other customers and concerned if they're brainwashed or something.
Alright, I'll play your game.

>Takes off his bracers and gives them to him, a true warrior doesn't need weapons to fight after all and he wasn't that sentimentally attached to them. Besides wouldn't trust this guy with something that could start fires.

 No.8188

>>8187
He places the bracers on into the box and he plays his music much more fastly and more violently. Suddenly what spat out was what looked to be a plain golden band that you would wrap around your hoof.

What is this?

 No.8189

File: 1500488601660.gif (112.45 KB, 320x240, 4:3, giphy.gif) ImgOps Google

>>8188
Are these… ballet shoes?

 No.8190

>>8189
It's just a single golden band, a single piece of jewelry. Epic has heard of stories that unicorns would often enchant items with supernatural powers to enhance the user. Problem is though that if he doesn't know the enchantment, he can't use the gold bangle.

 No.8191

>>8190
So… what exactly is this? this doesn't look like it'l lbe practical in a fight.

 No.8192

>>8191
"This will help you ofcourse traveler, but you must learn to use it first. Go on ahead to get it appraised but I won't be here when you come back if you don't like what you got."

Epic was now at an ultimatum. Either go get the magic item appraised and keep it, or return it and never have the chance to use it.

 No.8193

>>8192
Hm… OK, I'll go get it appraised.

 No.8194

>>8193
He heads on out to find a magic store but… well Ponyville isn't known for magicians out and about. After a moment he did find this stranger by the Ponyville statue, he looked to be of the magic orient.

 No.8195

File: 1500489413355.png (95.67 KB, 591x599, 591:599, Epic Mount.png) ImgOps Google

>>8194
>Epic noticed the stranger… but is always hesitant to talk to ponies he doesn't know..

Maybe Twilight Sparkle can analyse this for me?
>Goes to the palace.

 No.8196

>>8195
He goes on up to the palace and checks in on over there but is greeted by spike.

"Oh hey Epic! Is Twilight here? Well no she went off to the Crystal Empire for the time being to help Cadence and Shining Armor with Flurry Heart."

It would seem that she is not here.

Huh I thought I had a spike pic…

 No.8197

File: 1500489780558.png (57.58 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is watching you.png) ImgOps Google

>>8196
Oh, OK.
>Goes back to town and noticed the unicorn again.
>He looks over the unicorn and comes to a conclusion.
Hey I know!
>Walks past the stranger.
Maybe Rarity will know, she's good with gemstones.

 No.8198

File: 1500489977265.gif (157.15 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, Laser-Shot.gif) ImgOps Google

>>8197
As he passes by the stranger, he accidentally bumps into the little unicorn.

"Ah hey watch where you're walking…"

His dark eyes change from frustration to instant curiosity.

"Woah woah, what in the world do you got there? You got something that is emanating some sort of magic aura… something I used to examine in magic school…"

 No.8199

>>8198
Aw, wanted to see how long this would last. :P
Uh-um…
>Let's the unicorn talk and examine the thing.

 No.8200

>>8199
He takes it from Epic and gives it an inquisitive stare. Floating it around with telekinesis, and then finally giving it a lick before coming to a conclusion.

"Oh I know this enchantment. It a Body enhancement bangle or just simply a Power Bangle."

The unicron gives Epic a long explanation on how the bangle improves one's strength and health. Then the short history of magic enchantments and how the enchantment was put on it in the first place.

TBH this took about 10 minutes.

 No.8201

>>8200
Uh, I see, so it'll make me physically stronger…

But surely it must have some sort of repercussion? After all some wierdo in a mask gave it to me. Surely he wouldn't give the better half of a trade without something in it for him.

 No.8202

File: 1500490550427.gif (515.77 KB, 400x400, 1:1, Natural-Habitat.gif) ImgOps Google

>>8201
"I don't know, these are pretty common really and these sort of items never have any sort of draw back unless it is for some physical reason like how metal armor restricts movement."

While Epic wears this Power Bangle, his Body Trait is upgraded for Body Tests and his Stamina improves as well.

 No.8203

>>8202
W-well, OK. If you say so.
>Puts the Power Bangle in his inventory for now, but will equip and use it when he must.

 No.8204

>>8203
He nods and grins.

"Anyways my name is Critical Hit, wandering and aspiring mage at your service… so long as the bits are good."

He then laughs.

"Ah that's just a joke really. I'm not really some merc persuaded by coin. I just want to see what crazy things the world has in store and hopefully in the end I'll become the master wizard in all of Equestria!"

It seems this little unicorn has some seriously big dreams and goals set before him.

Theme of Critical Hit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKlYZsJiey0

 No.8205

>>8204
I'm Epic Mount. The Everfree Pony.

Theme of Epic Mount
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN3WOY23xXQ

 No.8206

File: 1500491363932.png (165.12 KB, 429x368, 429:368, Crit portrait new.png) ImgOps Google

>>8205
"Hey I head of a pony like that before… just some sort of creepy weirdo who hangs out in the woods"

Critical gave him a devious smile, poking as much fun as he can.

"Nah nah. That's not what I heard. The one thing I did pick up though is that you're friends with that Twilight character."

It was strange for such a pony to refer one of the Princesses as "That Character". His usage of language and general behavior gives off a chaotic and disrespectful feel that is similar to Discord.

 No.8207

>>8206
>Epic's eyelid twitches a little, but let it slide.
Yeah I know Twilight. She's alright.

 No.8208

>>8207
"Ha ha, yeah she's some sort of Princessy type. Hey I got an idea! How about I go with you on your adventures and all that. My family was well known as magic consultants and you could use that sort of skill."

He then claps his hoof in the dirt

"It's settled. I'll help you out with your adventures and I'll get the chance to cozy up to the royalty! I'm just SURE they'll love my charming personality."

It seems that Critical had joined the party.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UNXZAyAASE

 No.8209

File: 1500491834701.png (63.94 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount pokerface.png) ImgOps Google

>>8208
>Epic felt he didn't had a say on this "settled" matter.
So, you just want to be my friend to get to see a princess?

 No.8210

File: 1500492117470.png (260.08 KB, 900x1000, 9:10, Coffee.png) ImgOps Google

>>8209
Critical looked at Epic and saw his own error but then quickly recomposed himself.

"No no, I was just playing. I'm going with you so I can learn more about the magics in this world and besides, you seem cool and you can get stuff done. I did hear after all that you were able to look after the pets of the Mane 6. Not the most illustrious work but I've heard how those animals act normally."

Even though Critical can be a bit… rough sometimes. He does have a heart of gold when he knows he should show it.

 No.8211

>>8210
>Grinned
You heard of that? All I did was pet sit for Twilight and her friends.
And i had help from Summer Rye, A guy I'm helping out.

Hm, maybe your wisdom would help Summer Rye with his financial problems?

 No.8212

>>8211
"Well I don't really play with the legal money stuff but… I can understand… bending the rules.."

I gotta go and get my bro to work.

 No.8213

File: 1500492455626.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>8212
OK, let me know on Steam if we're continuing if you want.

I'll introduce you to him… if you really wanna hang with us.

 No.8214

File: 1500534473069.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, 1:1, Crit portrait 1.png) ImgOps Google

>>8213
It will prolly go to the next by the morning.

"As neat as that sounds, I'm gonna go ahead and finish up here and head on to my room at the inn. How about I meet up with you guys on the pony artifact museum expo? Everypony is gonna be there anyways."

Crit gives him a wave as he makes his on way for the time being and Epic had went on to rest up for the night.

 No.8215

>>8214
Yeah, that sounds cool. We'll see you there.
>As Epic leaves, he just realised he made a new friend, but at the same time didn't really knew much about this new pony and wasn't sure what to think of this, so he heads back to meet up with Rye.

 No.8216

File: 1500567156156.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

>>8215
"Hello again, Epic… did I miss anything while you were gone? I had lunch at the Ponyville café."

 No.8217

File: 1500569317273.png (1.08 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, Ponies_chatting_in_the_mar….png) ImgOps Google

>>8215
>>8216
Rye did meet up with Epic and they spoke for a while before they headed on home. The next day passed and soon the museum had opened up. Everypony had gathered and were inside except for Epic and Rye who had just now got on up there. They even had met up with Critical Hit there.

"Hey Epic-sama. Glad to see you guys came for the museum expo."

 No.8218

File: 1500570722407.png (164.13 KB, 808x988, 202:247, mac53.png) ImgOps Google

>>8217
Summer Rye greeted Critical Hit, apparently Epic has made a new friend.

"I wonder what we'll see at the museum."

 No.8219

>>8218
"Prolly just a bunch of old junk. Heh naw It's gonna be some ancient type things."

Suddenly they see a pony run out of the museum… then they heard some screaming and a lot more ponies started pouring out the entrance. Luckily the party was off to the side so they didn't get mowed down or anything.

 No.8220

File: 1500571352589.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>8219
"Oh my goodness… what's going on in there?!" Summer Rye stood on his tip-hooves to see over the crowd if at all possible.

 No.8221

File: 1500571534787.png (555.33 KB, 930x941, 930:941, Epic Mount is a big pony b….png) ImgOps Google

>>8219
>>8220
Trouble.
>Epic charges into the museum without hesitation.

 No.8222

>>8220
>>8221
He couldn't see what was going on but soon after the ponies had cleared out, they entered the building. What they found at the entrance was the guards for the expo had set up a blockade with old crates that had been lying around.

One of the guards stops the party.

"Halt! You three can't go any further. It is too dangerous!"

 No.8223

File: 1500571702130.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>>8222
Whats going on?

 No.8224

File: 1500571773293.jpg (9.92 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac15.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8223
"Maybe we can help. What happened?"

 No.8225

>>8223
>>8224
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFsu6Pn05lc

"Damned Diamond Dogs just barged on through the place. Dug up from the floors."

He gave them an odd look, seeing what they were wearing and carrying.

"Who the hell are you three?"

 No.8226

>>8225
Diamond dog!?
>Epic jumped over the barricade.
I'm the only pony who can stop these mongrels.

 No.8227

File: 1500572080160.jpg (16.64 KB, 229x250, 229:250, mac19.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8225
"We're adventurers you could say…"

>>8225

Summer Rye shook his head, being reminded of when Epic charged the eel.

 No.8228

>>8226
>>8227
"Wait you damn fool."

The guard pulls Epic back over the barricade.

"If you're gonna go in there, you gotta know where to hit them the hardest. Now I when I saw their main group, they were being led by this cloaked figure. If you can beat them then their attacking force will be in squashed. Last I saw them was they were making their way to the Pegasus Section. Good Luck."

Critical chimed in.

"We best hurry then."

 No.8229

>>8228
I know how to deal with Diamond Dogs. It's likely they will escape to the abandoned crystal mines. We'll handle this.

 No.8230

File: 1500572406597.jpg (55.59 KB, 792x727, 792:727, mac31.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8228
"A hooded figure, hm? We'll be careful and call for help if something goes wrong."

 No.8231

>>8229
"Celestia be with you. I'd go as well but we can't fend against them. We just have to fortify this position so that the dogs won't run rampant through the town."

The guards moved out of the way and the party climbed over the barricade, going past safety. This wasn't like rescuing pets anymore, now there was a sense of danger. For now though best to put ignore that and head to the pegasus section.

 No.8232

>>8231
>Epic knew the Diamond Dogs well, given he'd scuffled wit hthem in the past. But he finally felt like he was doing heroic work for a change and goes after them.

 No.8233

File: 1500572603157.png (338.5 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac28.png) ImgOps Google

>>8231
Summer Rye followed the other to colts and was heading towards the Pegasus Section. He hoped the Diamond Dogs were as (relatively) civil as the trio they had met earlier.

 No.8234

>>8232
>>8233
They both go in deeper into the museum, seeing all of the artifacts and exhibits had been torn down and thrashed. Loud noises of laughter and roars echoed through the halls. What would prompt the Diamond Dogs to attack in such a manner?

Soon they came on upon a fountain where there were two Diamond Dogs playing in the water and having fun. It would seem that they lagged behind from the main group. Perhaps the party can get a jump on them.

 No.8235

File: 1500572901068.png (43.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is lurking.png) ImgOps Google

>>8234
>Epic tries to get the jump on them.

 No.8236

>>8235
Stealth

Epic Body 1d8 = 6 VS Dog Mind 1d6 = 6
Epic Body 1d8 = 7 VS Dog Mind 1d6 = 1

 No.8237

File: 1500572986253.png (26.34 KB, 300x169, 300:169, mac51.png) ImgOps Google

>>8234
Summer Rye tried making a lasso out of his rope and catch a Dog that way.

 No.8238

>>8235
Epic was able to move to a good vantage point to attack if he chose to do so. Critical stayed behind and pressed hi body against a nearby pillar to not be spotted.

>>8237
Rye fashioned a lasso pretty quick. He prolly been a part of a few rodeos in his time.

 No.8239

File: 1500573176206.png (1.15 MB, 880x873, 880:873, mac10.png) ImgOps Google

>>8238
Summer Rye tried throwing the lasso to have it wrap around one of the dogs from afar and catch him!

 No.8240

File: 1500573248379.png (61.68 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount grin.png) ImgOps Google

>>8239
>Epic times his suprised attack.
>While Summer Rye lassons one of them, he tries to knock out the other as quick as possible.

 No.8241

>>8239
Rope Capture

Rye Body 1d6 = 3 VS Dog Body 1d10 = 6

>>8240
Attack

Epic Body 1d8 = 8, Brawling 1d4 = 2 VS Dog Body 1d10 = 8

Critical attacked with his strange magics…

Crit Mind 1d8 = 8, Chao Mag 1d4 = 3 VS Dog Body 1d10 = 3

 No.8242

>>8241
Rye's rope had missed but with the combined efforts of Epic and Crit, one Dog was damaged to the point he had only 4 stamina left.

Combat Encnounter
D-Dog A Stamina 4
D-Dog B

 No.8243

>>8242
D-Dog A attacked Epic since he was the closest

Dog Body 1d10 = 6 VS Epic Body 1d8 = 8,Def 1d8 = 7

The second dog charged to get close to Rye and Crit

 No.8244

File: 1500573650031.png (521.31 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac34.png) ImgOps Google

>>8242
Summer Rye took his rope and hurried towards the dogs. Instead of using the rope again he tried to put his Bucket over Dog B so he couldn't see.

 No.8245

>>8243
Epic took the dog's scratches like a champ as if it was just Angel bunny clawing at his tough body.

 No.8246

>>8242
>Epic quickly finished off Dog A, then quickly splashed water in Dog B's vision.

 No.8247

>>8245
>>8246
Bucket him!

Rye Body 1d6 = 2 VS Dog Body 1d10 = 1

The other dog was too incapacitated to fight and passed out.

Crit tried to levitate the second dog.

Telekinesis Difficulty 7

Crit Mind 1d8 = 8, Tele 1d8 = 5

 No.8248

File: 1500573911774.png (234.74 KB, 877x638, 877:638, Crit lost it.png) ImgOps Google

>>8247
Rye's bucket missed but thankfully the dog was now caught up in Crit's red magic aura and can no longer move.

"Do what you were gonna do. It's hard to focus on something so heavy!"

 No.8249

>>8247
>>8248
Rye, Lasso that dog now!

 No.8250

File: 1500573986273.png (284.07 KB, 497x795, 497:795, mac14.png) ImgOps Google

>>8248
Summe Rye tried to tie up the dog and put the bucket on his head.

 No.8251

>>8247
>>8248
Oh wait I read that wrong

Actually the bucket landed squarly over the Diamond Dog's head and was now confused and floating

 No.8252

>>8250
>>8251
(Still need the dog tied up and conscious)

 No.8254

>>8251
More tying up!

 No.8255

File: 1500574127105.png (97.61 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, diamond dog.png) ImgOps Google

>>8249
>>8250
The Dog was all tied up now and was now their prisoner. The danger was for now at least over in the fountain area.

The dog squirmed, "Let me Go ponies!"

 No.8256

File: 1500574219718.jpg (60.02 KB, 584x330, 292:165, batman.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8255
>Epic pulled on the rope as tight as he could.
Talk.
What are you after?

 No.8257

File: 1500574285304.jpg (34.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac18.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8255
"What are you doing in the museum? Did you think there were gems to steal in here?"

 No.8258

>>8256
>>8257
"The boss… wanted some pegasus artifact. She promised gems if we helped…"

It would seem that whoever is leading them wants something in the Pegasus section for sure.

"I don't know who she is or what she looks like. We just wanted to be paid."

Crit gave it a thought. "Well that explains why they aren't off in the Unicorn Section then. Our stuff is usually coated in gems and shit."

 No.8259

>>8258
But still doesn't sound like something Diamond Dogs would go after. A museum heist is too ballsy, even for them.

>Returns to interrogating the diamond dog
Who are you working for?

 No.8260

File: 1500574531798.jpg (142.42 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, batman.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

(Forgot pic)

 No.8261

File: 1500574568952.jpg (10.3 KB, 200x193, 200:193, mac21.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8258
Summer Rye thought about buying some soap to wash Crit's mouth with it.

>>8259
"Must be that hooded figure the guards mentioned."

 No.8262

>>8259
"I said I don't know who or what she is. She was always wearing some cloak over her and covered her entire body."

>>8261
"Most likely," Crit Affirmed. "If we try to find her we may get more answers then we ever could with one of these dogs."

 No.8263

>>8262
Good dog.
>Slaps the bucket so hard, knocks the diamond dog out.

Let's go.

 No.8264

File: 1500574863776.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>8262
"Was she walking on all fours like a pony or you?"

>>8263
"That was reckless and unnecessary. We should get these two dogs out to the guards first."

 No.8265

>>8263
>>8264
"I think the dogs will be fine here, we need to move so we can catch up to this leader of theirs before she gets away with whatever she wants."

 No.8266

>>8264
They're not going anywhere while the perpetrators are. The guards will find them here.
>Hurrys on ahead.

 No.8267

(Stopping there, I need to work on some personal things. Thanks for the fun. ^^)

 No.8268

>>8267
(And I need to sort out dinner.)

 No.8269

>>8266
The party proceeds further into the museum and see more and more wrecked stuff lying about. It will probably take thousands of bits to repair all of this damage.

They soon encounter what looked to be one regular sized Dog and another one twice as tall wearing a cape. It wasn't the leader but this one looked to be the alpha dog.

>>8267
>>8268
No prob. It's gonna much more intense from here on out

 No.8270

>>8269
(How much HP do I have?)

 No.8271

>>8270
(You're still kicking at your max HP of 14)

 No.8272

>>8271
(Heh, I went all Batman on those two at the fountain!)

 No.8273

[?]Hey guys, I won't be on today because I gotta work in a few minutes. Sorry about this.[\?]

 No.8274

>>8273
Aw…

 No.8275

File: 1500733300071.png (97.61 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, diamond dog.png) ImgOps Google

>>8269
>>8270
>>8271
>>8272
>>8273
>>8274
Okay I'm here now.

The dogs were slowly patrolling the area quietly until one began to shout.

"Hey there you little sneaks!", he yells as the big one rips away a pile of crates.

Behind these crates was a mother and her small filly who had gotten stuck here and could not escape so they hid. Now that they were caught, they were frozen by fear! Who knows what the dogs will do to them.

 No.8276

>>8275
>Epic quickly goes up behind that particular dog <s>to break it's neck quickly</s> for a silent takedown.

 No.8277

>>8276
Sneak Test

Epic Body 1d8 = 5 VS D-Dog 1d6 = 1

Epic Body 1d8 = 8 VS Alpha Dog 1d8 = 1

 No.8278

>>8277
Epic was able to pull a successful sneak attack against the Alpha Dog and hurt it for 8 points of Stamina Damage.

The Alpha swings his meaty arm around to attack Epic and knock him back.

Alpha Body 1d12 = 10 VS Epic Body 1d8 = 3, Def 1d8 = 7

 No.8279

Clarity is still set "Away". Dunno when he'll be here. That or Rye watches from the sidelines.

I wa shoping for at lrast Batman style silent takedowns to save the mother and child.

 No.8280

>>8278
Epic was hit really freaking hard and was dealt 10 points of Stamina Damage and had only 4 points of HP left.

Crit tries to levitate a nearby crate and send it hurdling at the Alpha.

Crit Mind 1d8 = 4, Lev 1d8 = 4 VS Alpha Body 1d12 = 10

Thankfully the mare and filly were able to run safely to the other side of the room and away from the combat.

>>8279
I don't know, I think we can get away with finishing this encounter at least. When is Clarity coming back?

I know but I wanted you guys to fight the alpha, maybe your stealth kill would be better on a minor dog? Also how violent do you guys want this?


Epic does some cool take down by picking up the minor dog and throwing him onto his back against the tile floor, causing the tiles to crack and break. The dog is unconscious.

 No.8281

>>8280
>Epic quickly darted to stand between the dogs and the mother and daughter to make sure they're defended.

I let him know on Steam we're playing, though dunno why he's away.

>Epic spat out some blood, but stood his ground.

 No.8282

>>8281
The alpha laughed even though he was now alone.

"HA HA, YOU LITTLE PONIES DON'T STAND A CHANCE! HAAAAAA!"

The dog charges at Crit to attack him

Alpha Body 1d12 = 3 VS Crit Body 1d4 = 4

 No.8283

>>8282
HOLY SHIT!

Critical's reflexes snapped right on in and he jumped right out of the way just in time, this left the dog vulnerable to attacks!

 No.8284

>>8283
>Calls out to him!
Get him on his back! Pin him down!

Thats actual dog psychology. Dogs are submissive when they expose their bellies upwards. It's pretty much what belly rubs are all about.

I like dogs.

 No.8285

>>8284
Critical looked back confused but did what Epic had said. Even though Crit is chaotic he still is a team player.

Crit melds himself into the ground then reappears onto the Dogs back, something Discord might do, and grabbed a hold of the dog's cape. Whatever Epic was planning, he now had the chance to do so.

 No.8286

>>8285
>Epic got ready, when Critical gets him on his back, he's gonna jump up and slam down on the Alpha's chest.
>He looks around the crates and scattered debris and quickly got up on top of it for height.

 No.8287

>>8286
Epic found a nice stack of crates and and slammed down on the Dog's chest area, sending all three of them into a pile of broken wood. Doing so also got Crit hit with broken planks and splinters of wood.

Stamina damage

Crit 1d8 = 6 Alpha 1d8 = 7

Epic was now on top of the dog and thankfully Crit flew off of the dog's back and now is off to the side.

 No.8288

File: 1500735577712.png (143.47 KB, 591x700, 591:700, EPIC PAWNCH by Silver.png) ImgOps Google

>>8287
>Epic held onto the Diamond Dog Alpha by the neck, grappling it to keep it in place.
BAD DOG!
In his most intimidating voice.
[/rcv]heel![/rcv]

 No.8289

>>8288
The dog grimaced and saw that it was now beaten. It tore away and fled the scene and left the party and the mother alone. It also left its cape behind…

Rabid Cloak: A cloak that that is made of a green fabric that has brown patchwork all over it and its bottom is ragged and torn up into shreds. This cape allows the wearer to upgrade any skill that allows them to attack in melee 3 times per day.

The mother and her filly thanked the party and gave them each 10 bits before leaving. Crit: 10, Epic 70, Rye 70.

 No.8290

>>8289
>Epic keeps the cape for now, unless Critical wants it.

>Goes over to the mother and kid.
Hey are you Okay? Uh-
>Apparently be given money before they left. Epic felt conflicted by this.
We didn't do it for money…

 No.8291

File: 1500736329795.png (66.99 KB, 194x279, 194:279, fallen_knight_armor.png) ImgOps Google

The cloak looks like this minus the armor

>>8290
Crit let Epic keep it.

"Hey I wouldn't pay it no mind. We helped and they were helped and that's what matters."

He then starts to pull out splinter from his mane.

"Next time… could you not send me flying into boxes. Eh well… too late for that I guess. We should try to rest up a little before proceeding, we took on a lot of damage."

 No.8292

>>8291
Sorry about that, I forget my own strength at times.
>Felt a bit wobbly from being down to 4 health.

We have to confront their leader!

Can youtell me what the Power Bangle does again?

 No.8293

File: 1500736661074.png (217.54 KB, 800x800, 1:1, Too much coffee, not enoug….png) ImgOps Google

>>8292
When worn, the Power Bangle will just upgrade your body trait and stamina. Cloak needs to be worn as well.

"Hold Epic, we at least have to heal ourselves a little bit first. I kinda don't feel like dying over some ancient junk or something."

 No.8294

>>8293
Ah OK, making notes in inventory.
But we don't have time, what if they escape?

 No.8295

>>8294
Crit looked at him and down at each other's saddlebags. They didn't have anything to heal with on them, there was no point in waiting.

"… Okay Epic, we'll push on."crit says while rubbing his forehead in stress, "We just really need to be fucking careful."

I kinda don't want to go to the boss fight without Clarity.

 No.8296

>>8295
Me neither, let's wait a bit.
>Epic took a quick breather and looked over the cape andbangles and considers if it can help him with a boost.

 No.8297

>>8296
"Considering the use of magic items? A lot of adventurers do so to help them out. It's not like drugs or anything… but I wouldn't take those into a workout competition."

 No.8298

>>8297
It's the bangle I have more concerned with. It was given to me by a masked stranger for a trade. Claimed to be the better item, which just makes it even more suspicious. If I put this on, maybe more of a bane than a boon.

 No.8299

>>8298
"Damn I already gave it a look over Epic. Do you want me to put it on to show you? Sheesh don't know what you earth ponies got against magic."

 No.8300

>>8299
Alright, alright.
>Puts on cloak and bangle.

 No.8301

>>8300
He puts on the items and feels that he is much stronger, just in a slight bit

Body upgraded, Stamina upgraded.

Can upgrade an attack skill on a turn 3 times a day. You'll have to tell me when you want to upgrade

 No.8302

>>8301
I'd like to be prepared for our upcoming fight. Perhaps best I have Martial Arts upgraded given I doubt it's a monster we're facing.

 No.8303

File: 1500738219505.png (85.45 KB, 500x545, 100:109, Epic Mount fedora.png) ImgOps Google

Clar said he's got a friend over. Too busy to hang with the cool crowed with us.

 No.8304

>>8302
Yeah I can understand that

>>8303
I know right, he can't handle the Kool Kid's Klub. Anyways I gotta go now and do work, see ya.

What will the party face ahead? Will they stop the Dog's leaders? What are these people after?

Find out next time on ToE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G65pvuTFR_A

 No.8306

(Sorry, won't have time today either. Got my tabletop RPG session today.)

 No.8307

File: 1500792682524.png (106.9 KB, 400x400, 1:1, Crit Seathing Meme.png) ImgOps Google

>>8306
Just kidding. Anyways yeah that's okay, I am a bit drained due to going to work so early and so often.

 No.8308

>>8307
>On second thought, I will be on today. I can think of something to progress the story.

 No.8311

>>8307
>>8308
The party gathered itself and moved on and finally reached the Pegasus Section. The area was quiet and artifacts of cloud statues and ancient pegasi armor had been broken and toppled on over. This section has a lot more notable damage than the other ransacked areas within the museum.

Soon they found the central display and saw a small group made up of two Diamond Dogs and their leader, the cloaked mare. The cloaked on was tall, just shy of Celestia, and had a sleek and slender body. Her commanding voice barked at the dogs as they broke the case of their main target containing a strange key.

The key was brought on over to the mare and she attached a string to it and slipped it on to her neck…

 No.8312

>>8311
>Epic would take them on… if he wasn't so exhausted from fighting the Alpha dog.
We could so with a plan to stop them.

 No.8313

>>8312
"Yeah… I don't know how well we can stand against them…" He pulls out his lantern, "I could light this and throw it to the ground to create a barrier of fire to keep them off of us for a while."

As they continued to look at the enemy, Epic can recognize that the two dogs are the same ones he met when rescuing Winona. Perhaps they'll like Epic since he and Rye fed them food a couple of days ago.

 No.8314

>>8313
The fire might go out of control though.
But maybe there is something around us we can use, this is a museum, surely theres an artifact or very least some construction equipment we can use?
>Looks around the room for anything in particular.

 No.8315

>>8314
Looking around, he can see that there is a small fork lift that you can assume that they used to carry boxes around. There is also a curtain that had been torn down if they were looking for some cut of fabric.

 No.8316

>>8315
I have an idea! … Do any of you know how to use a forklift truck?

[spoler]I would ask Rye, but he's not online.[/spoiler]

 No.8317

File: 1500824336399.png (492.23 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, potrait.png) ImgOps Google

>>8316
Critical waits for a second to think about it, darting his eyes left and right.

"…I can probably dive it for you. It's not like it's rocket science."

 No.8318

>>8317
Alright heres the plan. I'll throw that large curtain over them and you pin them to the wall with the forklift!

 No.8319

>>8318
"Sounds like that would work."

Crit get on up into the seat of the forklift and turns the key to start it up. He was now ready to ram and pin them with the vehicle.

 No.8320

>>8319
>Epic crept round quietly but quickly to grab the curtain and with all his strength to throw it over the enemies.

I feel a bit bad for continuing without Clarity, but it be nice to cover some progress.

 No.8321

>>8320
I mean its either continue the story without him or let the thread die.

When the heavy curtain falls over them, all of the enemies were shocked and tried to get it off of them. Suddenly they are hit with the fork lift and are now caught between the forklift blades and pressed up against the wall.

The hood of the mare fell of to reveal a dark burgundy coated mare with long black hair. She had green eyes and even had a unicorn horn. The key strung around her neck had fallen off due to the impact and dropped to the floor.

Seeing how she was caught, her horn let off a major blast sending the forklift, the dogs, and even Epic and Crit flying against the walls. She then disappears in a blinding light, leaving behind her dogs and more importantly the key she was after.

 No.8322

>>8321
Damn!
>Epic gets up.
Looks like your leader has abandoned you.
>Shows off the cloak he was wearing.
And I defeated your Alpha.
That makes me your leader, right?

 No.8323

>>8322
The dogs quickly run away in fear or just dig through the floor into safety.

"Well Epic sure like we showed them but uh… I think we should visit the hospital soon after this."

They did incur a lot of damage doing this. Soon though the key that had been dropped glinted and caught Epic's eye, why did that mare go through all of that trouble to get this one artifact?

 No.8324

>>8323
I'm fine.
>coughs a bit of blood.
Just a flesh wound.

Who was the mare.
>Picks up the key
and what was important about this key?

 No.8325

File: 1500825809855.jpg (67.92 KB, 449x599, 449:599, eternal_love_fantasy_key_2….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8324
Those questions for now will go unanswered. The key was gold and silver with a wing enclosing a red gem. As soon as Epic pick up the key though, the gem begins to glow with some sort of magic.

Soon enough what guard had been trying to get the situation under control finally came on through.

"Holy shit you three are actually okay. The dogs are now fleeing left and right which is good for us."

Perhaps the guard leader will know about this key so perhaps Epic or Crit should ask.

 No.8326

>>8325
Hey um, those guys were after this, do you know what this is?

Or very least where can we find the curator in charge of the exhibit who can tell us about this key?

 No.8327

>>8326
The captain looks at the key.

"That one, the dogs were after that? Well… that key is called the Cumulonimbus Key. We're not sure what it does but I do know who will, the original donator of the key. He's a former adventurer and now noble up in Canterlot named Blazen Path."

The path was now set out, the party now must travel up north to Canterlot to find the key's donor and find out what it is. They also should leave Ponyville soon since now carrying the key makes them a target to this mare and staying in one spot will bring danger to the small town.

 No.8328

>>8327
Wait… are we allowed to keep the key? Wouldn't the curator be upset? Wouldn't the guard ponies want it as evidence or something?

 No.8329

>>8328
Hey I gotta go now.

"That key has proven to be a lot of trouble. How about you three take it and see why it caused us so much agony and give it back to that Canterlot Noble. Besides you three can handle yourselves so you are definitely qualified for this job."

 No.8330

File: 1500826599071.png (57.81 KB, 945x945, 1:1, Epic Mount shrug.png) ImgOps Google

>>8329
>Epic shrugs
OK, if thats how the government system works around here.

We continue another time then. Hopefully Clarity will play with us.

 No.8331

>>8330
Eh just need to advance the story is all

Critical looks to Epic, "We should hurry and make our way soon. The longer we stay here, the more likely Ponyville will be attacked again."

"If you guys need some help," The guard interjected, "I can give you some money to buy some supplies before you go."

 No.8332

>>8331
We don't do it for rewards.
>Looks over to see if Rye and Critical want to speak up about it.

 No.8333

File: 1500911950452.png (284.07 KB, 497x795, 497:795, mac14.png) ImgOps Google

>>8332
"Well, I'm certainly not saying no to a reward. The family farm won't survive on good deeds and praise alone."

 No.8334

File: 1500912128373.png (165.12 KB, 429x368, 429:368, Crit portrait new.png) ImgOps Google

>>8332
>>8333
Critical smiled evily…

"I mean… heh I do like money. Besides in all seriousness we could do with buying some healing supplies. Here Epic don't think it as rewards but as a way to help us to help others more."

 No.8335

>>8333
>>8334
I guess, I do need some plasters…
But we need to head over to find where this Blazen Path guy is and ask him about the Cumulonimbus Key.

 No.8336

File: 1500912345971.jpg (8.18 KB, 245x276, 245:276, mac47.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8335
"I have some pony balm with me if you are hurt. And we should ask what that key actually does. If a bad guy wants it it might have some powers that could prove dangerous to us."

 No.8337

>>8335
"After we go to the hospital to get fixed up and after we're done shopping for supplies."

The guard nodded and handed over to each of them 50 bits.

Crit 60, Epic, 110, Rye, 70

>>8336
"Best to save that later when there isn't a hospital around"

 No.8338

>>8336
The Diamond Dogs don't know anything about it. Whoever had them do their bidding has escaped.

But if we find out more about this key, we'll probably find out why they wanted it.

>>8337
That my total money plus 14HP?

 No.8339

File: 1500912718183.png (454.92 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac17.png) ImgOps Google

>>8337
"Thank you, I appreciate it."

(I got 70 gold in total now?)

"Yes, you're right. I'll save the balm."

 No.8340

File: 1500912762353.png (1.08 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, Ponies_chatting_in_the_mar….png) ImgOps Google

>>8338
"And maybe he'll tell us it will open a door to a thousand bits and mares!" he then leans forwards and makes a ghostly sound, "WoooooOOOoooOOh!"

The party headed on outside into the market area, everything had calmed down by now and it was back to business as usual even though quite a few people were still shooken up. At least the rest of Ponyville still had its calm feeling to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kdEL3lJzoE

 No.8341

>>8338
>>8339
>Uh yes to both of your questions

 No.8342

>>8340
>>8341
>Was feeling better.
Alright. so wheres this Blazen Path bloke?

 No.8343

File: 1500913094663.png (164.13 KB, 808x988, 202:247, mac53.png) ImgOps Google

>>8340
Summer Rye bought some apples to eat after all the commotion and also figured he should probably acquire a grappling hook to go with his rope. And something to light his lamp with.

 No.8344

>>8342
"The guard said that he lives up in Canterlot but since the train is down, it will take a couple of days to walk there."

>>8343
There was always the chance to visit Smooth Waves, he will typically have what any adventurer needs and more.

 No.8345

Epic didn't really wanted to buy anything. He'd much rather buy potions from Zecora than storebrought potions because who knows what additives and chemicals they put in that stuff.

>>8344
A couple'a days? Any quicker way up there?

 No.8346

File: 1500913458441.png (174.01 KB, 900x877, 900:877, mac41.png) ImgOps Google

>>8344
(I'll be heading there.)

"Maybe we can rent a carriage."

 No.8347

>>8345
"Not really, it would take just as long by cart than on hoof, if you really wanted to we could rent one and travel that way… one of us would have to pull it though…"

Looking at how Crit is so small, if they went by cart it would probably be best if he stayed in the entire time… or use his magic to pull it.

"Don't worry about getting tuckered out there, there is the Galloping Horse Rest halfway there."

 No.8348

>>8346
They soon enter Smooth Waves store.

"Groovy you guys came by. Let me know what you cats need and I'll help you out."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34FFeyhZsLw

 No.8349

>>8347
I guess we might as well be hoofin' it.

>>8348
>Enters the store.
Wait…
>Realises it's the same guy as before.
It this… you're the same guy?

 No.8350

File: 1500913669496.png (719 B, 80x80, 1:1, smooth waves.png) ImgOps Google

>>8349
Smooth Wave chuckles.

"Why yes I am the owner of this cool and fine establishment. Did you think I was just holding it for a friend?"

 No.8351

File: 1500913817139.png (26.34 KB, 300x169, 300:169, mac51.png) ImgOps Google

"Hello again, Sir. I would like to purchase something - if you have. I need a box with tinder and flint and a grappling hook."

 No.8352

File: 1500913865446.jpg (38.29 KB, 736x411, 736:411, 42cc89a58243ae1ae4c5d46ad3….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8350
Wern't ypu in Ponyville store?
>Looks around.
Is this like that movie with the moving castle, with the same exit to various different building entrances?

 No.8353

File: 1500914033444.jpg (118.34 KB, 1365x709, 1365:709, siCjC4I.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8351
"Why yes I do have that stuff, let me have a look see here…"

Grapple Hook: 40 bits
Flint Steel : 70 bits
Tinder: 3 bits

>>8352
Smooth Waves gives Epic an odd and confused stare.

"… Kid you do realize that we are still in Ponyville right?"

 No.8354

>>8353
Oh… I thought we were just at the museum in Canterlot…

 No.8355

File: 1500914161505.png (210.94 KB, 416x375, 416:375, mac40.png) ImgOps Google

>>8353
"70 bits for flint steel!! That is way too expensive… I don't need a fancy gadget. Just two flint stones will suffice. I'll whack them against each other myself to make some sparks."

 No.8356

>>8355
I got my flint-sparker here…

 No.8357

>>8354
Nah >>8340

"Don't sweat it kid, perhaps you just got hit in the noggin a bit too hard."

>>8355
"Well I can let two stones go for 20 bits. Flint is hard to get."

 No.8358

>>8357
Oh uh… OK… Hey you got any magic mcguffin that can get us to Canterlot real quick? Like a Port Key, Floo Powder or something?

 No.8359

File: 1500914398376.png (164.13 KB, 808x988, 202:247, mac53.png) ImgOps Google

>>8356
"Oh… well, still! I feel a bit safer having my own. What if we get lost in a cave and get separated?"

>>8357
Summer Rye groans, counting his bits. How about we do it 55 for all three items?"

 No.8360

>>8359
If we had a torch that need lighting sure. But I figure, what if you don't have your spade to make sparks with? I myself don't rely on weapons that much.

Plus, useful when you need to make a campfire real quick and can't use hand drill technique since we got hooves.

 No.8361

File: 1500914610993.png (342.43 KB, 499x701, 499:701, mac39.png) ImgOps Google

>>8360
"Well, I have a lamp that needs lighting. And a spade is for digging… or getting heroes out of eel mouths."

 No.8362

>>8361
>Rolls his eyes.
You can borrow my sparker then.

 No.8363

>>8358
"No nothing like that, I only got practical stuff like horseshoes and weapons."

>>8359
"Hmm… Well, you guys do seem pretty cool and you are drawing up some business. Okay I'll let it go for that price.

Rye gave him the bits and got the three items he wanted.

>>8360
Critical chimed in

"I can just use my telekinesis to glow up an area."

Critical bought two healing potions for 40 bits.

"Well that's my shopping for me, I'm a poor colt."

 No.8364

>>8363
I guess I should also buy some healing potions, as long as they're made from all natual, organic ingrediants.

 No.8365

File: 1500914796139.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

>>8362
"Like I said - if we get separated you won't be there to give me that sparker."

>>8363
"Thank you very much!" He puts away his remaining 15 bits and attaches the grappling hook to the rope he had.

 No.8366

>>8364
"I get a lot of them imported from Hollow Shades which is surrounded by forest so you know you're getting the good stuff."

Each healing potion is 20 bits each, but it will heal you up completely.

 No.8367

>>8365
Well alright then.

>>8366
Hm, I bet not as good as Everfree Forest. But I don't wanna have to head back there so soon.

I'll have three potions please.

 No.8368

File: 1500915149864.jpg (118.34 KB, 1365x709, 1365:709, siCjC4I.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8367
Epic got three potions for a total of and had about 50 bits left.

Critical nodded, "This will keep us going on our journey. Pretty soon we'll be at Canterlot before we even know it!"

 No.8369

>>8368
Yep. Especially these potions. I should last longer in a fight now.

 No.8370

File: 1500915276113.jpg (71.15 KB, 820x803, 820:803, mac27.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8368
"I'm looking forward to that inn at the half way point."

 No.8371

>>8370
Yeah, hm… I wonder if Twilight is back yet? I can ask her a favour. And Critical will get to see her as he wanted.

 No.8372

File: 1500915421774.png (260.08 KB, 900x1000, 9:10, Coffee.png) ImgOps Google

>>8369
>>8370
"Alright, so if there's nothing else that we will need, we should probably head on our way soon."

Critical looks at the two of them a bit troubled.

"Eh I don't really have any attachments here but you two might. You might wanna let your friends and family know you're leaving."

 No.8373

File: 1500915512551.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>8372
"My family lives over in Trottingham and know I'll be gone for a while. So I'm good."

 No.8374

>>8372
Zecora knows I go off on these adventures all the time.
>Had second thoughts for Fluttershy.
Though I guess I can tell somepony I may not be around to help them for awhile… though she'll probably be fine without me or have her own things.

But I may be able to pull a royal favour with Twilight that can get us to Equestria faster.

 No.8375

>>8373
>>8374
"Hmm… maybe"



Epic went ahead and let the mane 6 know that they were leaving for quite some time. At first some of them were sad to see Epic go but were excited to see that he was starting to do what he always wanted. Twilight wasn't able to get him a carriage but she did get them a cart that they can pull around to keep them moving when sleeping at night, so long as they took shifts.

They were now set up along the exit of Ponyville, Twilight and the rest were there to see Epic and the other two off on their grand journey.

Any last words?

 No.8376

File: 1500915865725.png (75.26 KB, 388x224, 97:56, mac16.png) ImgOps Google

"Let's go before I'm getting too hungry. I really look foward to supper at that inn."

 No.8377

>>8375
Yeah.
Forest sake Twilight you're a princess and this is all you can get us? Did Celestia really said she can't lend the pegasus drawn carriage to just bring us up to Canterlot? I mean I know this isn't royal business but this is a matte rof national security.
>Rolls eyes.

 No.8378

File: 1500916081098.png (284.07 KB, 497x795, 497:795, mac14.png) ImgOps Google

>>8375
"Goodbye everypone, wish us luck!"

 No.8379

>>8378
>Epic "banters" to Twilight for awhile.
>He also said goodbye to Fluttershy which both felt to a degree awkward over, but Epic promises to come back soon.

A'ight, I guess I'm pulling then.

 No.8380

>>8377
Doesn't seem that Epic wants to leave on a good note.

"I'm sorry Epic," she answered, "With that attack all of the guard ponies are busy trying to secure the area and help any injured ponies."

Critical really just stayed quiet, he wasn't really friends with them and it didn't seem like a good idea to say anything.

>>8378
They all smiled at Rye at least.

"You guys are gonna do great!" Rainbow Dash

"Don't worry, I'll keep them alive." Critical said jokingly.

>>8379
They all loaded up and headed on out.

To be continued on the next post.

 No.8381

>>8379
>>8380
Epic pulled the cart with Rye and Critical inside. It was quiet, Critical played around with his magic and Rye was probably eating something in the cart. The road was empty and Epic stayed close to the train tracks that would lead to Canterlot.

Pretty soon Epic saw a figure in the distance.

 No.8382

>>8380
>Epic rolls his eyes.
always looking out for others, just as a true princess would do, as long as you take care of yourself you're here.
>Shrugs
Eeh you're surrounded by the best.
>Grins and leaves it at that.
See you later Twilight.

>>8381
>The group sets out, with epic carrying the team.
Hey guys, somepony up ahead.

 No.8383

File: 1500916424796.png (26.34 KB, 300x169, 300:169, mac51.png) ImgOps Google

>>8381
Summer Rye munched an apple while looking at the countryside or eyes Critical doing some magic.

"Let me know if you want to switch places, Epic."

 No.8384

File: 1500916490314.png (338.5 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac28.png) ImgOps Google

>>8382
"Hmm… a fellow traveller perhaps?"

 No.8385

>>8382
>>8384
Critical looked on out.

"Hmm who is that?"

When they got closer, Epic can recognize the stranger as to the be same music player that gave him the power bangle. The musician smiled at Epic's presence.

"Hello there friends, perhaps you would like to play my final game?"

 No.8386

>>8385
Fancy meetin' you out here… after you saying we may not meet again.

 No.8387

File: 1500916628825.jpg (108.14 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, mac6.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8385
"Play his final game? Sounds strange." Summer Rye whispered to Critical while waving at the stranger.

 No.8388

>>8387
Critical, this is the guy I was telling you about.
>Points to the guy in the mask.

>Just realised he hasn't taken the power bangles off, and makes sure they're not stuck to his body or caused any negative effects in any way.

 No.8389

>>8386
"Yes it is quite lucky to be met again, perhaps by fate. Although I am getting tired and my soul demands rest, I would like to play one more game."

>>8387
[Chaotic}
"It does seem strange but I get the feeling we can trust this guy, he does give me a good vibe."

>>8388
The power bangle slides off easily

 No.8390

File: 1500916848128.png (136.8 KB, 627x342, 11:6, mac20.png) ImgOps Google

>>8389
"Hmm… alright then. Let's play that game of his."

 No.8391

>>8389
>soul demands rest,
C'mon dude, no need to be grim, if you need help there are some mares there that can talk you out of such thoughts.

 No.8392

>>8390
>>8391
"Ha ha, not like that my friend."

He pulls out a table and some cups.

"The game is simple, I have 4 cups and a purple marble. I'll move the cups around and you have to see which cup has the marble."

 No.8393

File: 1500917023727.png (342.43 KB, 499x701, 499:701, mac39.png) ImgOps Google

>>8392
"I hope he's not cheating!" Summer Rye whispered.

"Do we have to bet something?"

 No.8394

>>8393
Well he hasn't rigged this power bangle in any way.

>>8392
I must ask, why did you give me this power bangle? You said you wanted me to trade something for a better item, why give the better half of the deal?

 No.8395

>>8393
"No, no risk at all. Just a simple game I would like to play is all. If you win then you will have my boon, my music box and my aid."

 No.8396

>>8394
"That is just who I am. I only want to play games of fates and no-pony will play if they lose all the time."

 No.8397

File: 1500917257551.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

>>8395
"That is… very generous of you. Surprisingly so. But if that is what you enjoy, then we'll play."

 No.8398

>>8397
I dunno, I think there is some confusion in that logic.

But alright, if we're not gonna lose anything…

>>8396
Expect you, you're betting stuff for nothing.

>Epic still seemed confused about this individual.

 No.8399

>>8398
(What's his cutie mark?)

 No.8400

>>8397
He places the marble and swishes around the cups in a blinding speed. It was hard to follow which cup but he finally stopped and each cup laid neatly to each other.

Cup 1, Cup 2, Cup 3, Cup 4.

Which cup has the marble?

 No.8401

File: 1500917459829.png (1.15 MB, 880x873, 880:873, mac10.png) ImgOps Google

>>8400
"The first one."

 No.8402

>>8400
>>8401
>Epic just sits and watches.

 No.8403

>>8401
>>8402
Critical guessed…

"I pick the third one."

The musician picked up cup number 1d4 = 2 to reveal the purple marble.

 No.8404

File: 1500917589678.jpg (9.92 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac15.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8403
"You win some, you lose some."

 No.8405

>>8404
You gonna have a turn Critical?

 No.8406

>>8403
>>8401
>>8402
"It doesn't seem that you guys have lost… perhaps in the future you will need my help. Here take my music box…"

He gives Rye the box.

"You see I am an ancient spirit of a bard, use this box to summon me and I shall scare away your foes."

Rye got the Bard's Box.

This box allows you to summon the bard once per day to scare enemies with a Mind test. Each enemy that fails this test will flee from combat.

The Bard then disappears into the box

 No.8407

>>8406
>Epic just stared at the whole thing, feeling dumbfounded, and not in the impressed way, quite the opposite.
I'd tease you over the situation, but I know we must move on.

 No.8408

File: 1500917911811.jpg (13.69 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8406
Summer Rye gave a shriek in surprse as the Bard disappeared inside the box.

"Th… that was unsettling! And practical at the same time… goodness, this is so odd."

He picked up the music box carefully and placed it in his saddlbe bag.

"Hopefully he won't just pop out of there, it'll scare me to death."

 No.8409

>>8408
>Epic has a beautiful little moment and rants about what he just saw.

 No.8410

(If I had the models in SFM, I'd animate this particular scene, Crit, Rye and Epic having a "beautiful moment" with Game Grumps recording.)

 No.8411

>>8407
I mean I did want you guys to have your first summonable

>>8408
"Hey maybe he will."

They all load back up into the cart and move onwards for a couple of hours. The summer heat was thick and everyone was suffering it under the chimes of cicadas. Every once in a while they often see  a section of the tracks that had been damaged by the earth quake, even seeing a repair team once in a while.

Eventually they soon come upon an overturned cart in the distance.

 No.8412

(I have to stop, sorry. Thanks for the nice time.)

 No.8413

>>8411
I didn't think summonables were a thing in Equestria. Not teasing you on the idea, just never thought it be a thing.

>Epic continues to rant on, until they were back on the road again, Epic still grumbling over it all.

>>8412
Ah OK. I may have dinner early myself.

 No.8414

File: 1500918378493.jpg (11.6 KB, 236x279, 236:279, 5c3b12c79965f53c8f773bf318….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8412
>Mmkay.

The overturned cart was ominous, what or who would they find once they get on up to it and why was it in such a state?

Find out next time on Tails of Equestria!

 No.8415

>>8411
>Epic undoes the buckles to pull his cart and quickly goes over to help.
I replied now so I won't forget.

 No.8416

>>8415
Crit and rye join him to go see what was up but when they got there they found the cart had been overturned to its left side. Its contents had been stripped away bare, only bits of planks and plastic scraps remain and the drivers were nowhere in sight. The cart itself had no damage to the wheels and there was nothing on the road that would cause it to flip out so violently.

What could have caused this? Perhaps they should investigate the cart and the local area.

 No.8417

>>8416
Becareful! Could be a trap!

 No.8418

>>8417
"I know," Crit exclaimed, "But let's take a look around and see what happened to the drivers. Something here might explain what happened to them."

 No.8419

File: 1500995073210.png (89.42 KB, 721x721, 1:1, Vroom-vroom.png) ImgOps Google

>>8418
OK.
>Investigates.

 No.8420

File: 1500995123022.jpg (35.18 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac29.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

I'll be searching for tracks.

 No.8421

>>8419
>>8420
Everyone investigates the area and the cart.

Cart DC 5
Crit Mind 1d8 = 7
Epic Mind 1d4 = 1
Rye Mind 1d8 = 2

Surrounding Area DC 5
Crit Mind 1d8 = 2
Epic Mind 1d4 = 2
Rye Mind 1d8 = 1

 No.8422

File: 1500995306590.jpg (70.96 KB, 675x1100, 27:44, mac13.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8421
(Worst rolls ever)

 No.8423

>>8421
They look around but they only find a stray letter that must have been left behind by the driver…

[i]"I've decided to head on up to Canterlot to complete my shipment run up to Canterlot even though the trains are down, hopefully all will go well and I can get there on time…

It's mostly quiet along the tracks and it seems strange, usually I can get to the Galloping Horse Outpost so quickly but now I have to make each step to get there, experience each one.

Out of nowhere these barbaric ponies drabbed in darkened clothing stopped me and tried to attack me. The cart flipped and I can only make this quick note. I'll have to make a run for it…"

That is all the note says.

 No.8424

File: 1500995669699.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>>8423
Raiders!

 No.8425

File: 1500995737268.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>8423
"Goodness…what's going on around these parts? I always thought Ponyville and Canterlot would be peaceful as can be.

And barbaric looking ponies? Never heard of such a thing. Isn't that Outpost where we're passing through?"

 No.8426

File: 1500995838603.png (163.14 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount plays Skyrim.png) ImgOps Google

>>8425
I'm told I'm somewhat barbaric.

 No.8427

File: 1500995889408.png (135.33 KB, 1000x1000, 1:1, mac35.png) ImgOps Google

>>8426
"I think Rarity would call you uncouth."

 No.8428

>>8424
>>8425
"That's roight."

Suddenly three ponies who matched the description written in the note stepped out from the bushes and rocks.

"We're looking for a group of ponies who match your description. Give us the key and we'll end your lives quickly."

They were surrounded by the three ponies one behind them and two up front in a Y formation.

 No.8429

>>8428
>Epic did not deem the a threat and continue his talk with Clarity.

>>8427
Rarity calls me a few things.

 No.8430

File: 1500996183828.jpg (55.59 KB, 792x727, 792:727, mac31.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8428
Summer Rye gasped in shock. He had never heard of a pony threatening to take another's life.

"You are the most uncouth ponies I've ever seen. And I would call you other things too…" Summer Rye whinnied angrily.

 No.8431

>>8429
"Ignoring us eh? Here how about you ignore this then!"

He pulls out a sword and attacks Epic wildly!

Assassin A Body 1d8 = 4, Sword 1d6 = 2 VS Epic Body 1d10 = 6, Def 1d8 = 8

 No.8432

>>8430
>>8431
The sword clips off a bit of Epic's mane and the assassin laughs

"Ha ha, will those be your last words then"

 No.8433

>>8430
Why not?
>Goes ahead and list some insults which the bandits take to heart.

>>8431
>Counter attacks, doesn't want to kill but not afraid to dislocate (or minor break) bones.

 No.8434

File: 1500996403356.png (39.49 KB, 131x160, 131:160, mac8.png) ImgOps Google

>>8432
Summer Rye tried to give the bandit a good buck.

 No.8435

>>8433
"Look it's simple really," the assassin retorts, "Give us the key you guys have or else this will be a lot more painful than it should be."

The assassins won't let up, the party would either have to fight or think pf a way to get through this. Perhaps they can Rye can summon the bard or something else.

>>8434

Rye Body 1d6 = 3 VS Assassin A 1d8 = 6

Crit attacks also with a bolt of his chaos magic.

Crit Mind 1d8 = 2, Chao 1d4 = 3 VS Assassin A Body 1d8 = 4

 No.8436

File: 1500996715057.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>>8435
>Epic confidentally approaches the assassin without flinching.
You know who wants it.
You will tell us.

>If that assassin tries to attack or anything, Epic will try and counter him.

 No.8437

File: 1500996773684.jpg (9.92 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac15.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8435
"Oof… those guys are tough… I'm a farmer, not a fighter."

He thought to himself before thinking that using the box might indeed be the best way forward. Summer Rye opened it.

 No.8438

>>8435
The assassin dodges both attacks deftly

"Fine then, we'll do this the hard way. Get them boys!"

The assassins all attack each party member

Assassin Body 1d8 = 8, Sword 1d6 = 1 VS Epic Body 1d8 = 4, Def 1d8 = 7

Assassin Body 1d8 = 1, Sword 1d6 = 2 VS Rye Body 1d6 = 2

Assassin Body 1d8 = 4, Sword 1d6 = 2 VS Crit 1d4 = 3

>>8436
Sorry I take so long to type this, a lot of dicve rolls.

 No.8439

>>8438
[spiler]Is Epic fighting back? He wants to go Batman on the one who wants the key and interrogate him again.

Whats my health?[/spoiler]

 No.8440

>>8438
They were all hit but Epic got it the worst

Epic HP 8
Crit HP 8
Rye HP 12

>>8437
The music plays a ghostly and chilling tone and the bard jumps from out the box playing a violin with a large ghostly white smile

Fear Test DC 5

Assassin A Mind 1d6 = 3
Assassin B Mind 1d6 = 5
Assassin C Mind 1d6 = 6

 No.8441

>>8440
Hold on my fucking cat is stuck in my bed

 No.8442

File: 1500997053574.jpg (13.69 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8440
(Did you take my armor into consideration?)

>>8440
"Eeeek! Jumped right out he did!"

 No.8443

>>8440
>Epic could steal take it as he attacked his attacker, trying to knock him down. This dude pissed him off.
>Then music happened as the bard was summoned.

>>8441
Oh dear, is it alright?

 No.8444

>>8440
Assassin A fled into the forest by himself not wanting to face the bard but the other two remained.

>>8442
Whoops Rye's HP is actually 13

The Bard soon disappeared back into the box and now they had to wait for tomorrow to use him again.

>>8443
Cat's fine, but it took some work to get it out. I just can't let them into my room anymore.

Epic attacked the other one.

Epic Body 1d8 = 2, Brawl 1d4 = 1 VS Assassin B Body 1d8 = 5

Crit did the same by hurdling a rock at him with telekinesis

Crit Mind 1d8 = 3, Tele 1d8 = 4 VS Assassin B Body 1d8 = 5

 No.8445

File: 1500997776784.jpg (55.59 KB, 792x727, 792:727, mac31.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8444
Summer Rye saw that they had an advantage in numbers now and tried to double-team one assassin together with Critical.

 No.8446

Oh forgot the battle music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfu0XBf8kmk

>>8445
Rye attacks the, putting his strength behind his hoof strike!

Rye Body 1d6 = 4 VS Assassin Body 1d8 = 5

Crit looked at Rye.

"You wanna team up? Hang on and wait for our next attack, I got a plan."

 No.8447

File: 1500997956533.png (342.43 KB, 499x701, 499:701, mac39.png) ImgOps Google

>>8446
"I'm all ears."

 No.8448

How am I doing with my guy? Did I defeated him?

 No.8449

>>8446
The hoof strike misses and the assassins attack

Assassin Body 1d8 = 8, Sword 1d6 = 6 VS Rye Body 1d8 = 4

Assassin Body 1d8 = 5, Sword 1d6 = 5 VS Crit 1d4 = 2

 No.8450

File: 1500998061501.png (533.42 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac49.png) ImgOps Google

>>8449
>groans

 No.8451

>>8449
The assassins did their damage which hurt them a bit more than it should have.

Rye HP 6
Crit HP 3

>>8450
Even though Crit was on the edge now, he ignored the pains.

"I'll infuse your attack with my chaos magic and then you try to punch him. Or I can try to hold him down with telekinesis so you can hit him."

>>8448
Assassin A Status: Fled
Assasin B Status: Full Health
Assassin C status: Full Health

We might have to be creative with our attacks or try doing something interesting with out items.

 No.8452

>>8451
Guys, Y formation around these chumps. Rye, get your rope!

 No.8453

File: 1500998539078.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, 1:1, Crit portrait 1.png) ImgOps Google

>>8452
Things are getting much more intense…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW9Alr38Ha0

Crit moves into position based off of Epic Mount's Description and is on the Bottom side of the Y.

 No.8454

File: 1500998553747.png (249.72 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac43.png) ImgOps Google

>>8451
>>8452
Summer Rye thought quickly. Getting that rope out might take too long and open him up to an attack. What's worse, they had swords and could just cut the rope into pieces.

"Alright… let's see how they like a chaotic… punch!"

>Rye attacked

 No.8455

>>8454
Critical infused Rye's hoof with an unearthly blue and yellow chaotic glow…

Rye Body 1d8 = 1, Chao 1d4 = 3 VS Assassin B Body 1d8 = 3

 No.8456

>>8454
>>8455
>Epic had a plan, but it require the Y formation to pin these two together and the rope.

Critical, can you distract them with any flashy magic?

 No.8457

File: 1500998732778.png (1.53 MB, 1041x916, 1041:916, Critical the Waster.png) ImgOps Google

>>8455
It actually hits and deals some minor damage. Its atleast something to start with.

"Hey Rye, lets see if we can use that rope"

 No.8458

>>8457
Yeah, me and Crit will cover you!

 No.8459

File: 1500998812330.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>8456
>>8457
"I should have eaten more, I feel so weak."

He fiddled around with his saddle bag, getting the rope out. The grappling hook was attached to it.

 No.8460

>>8459
Toss me an end!

Critical, distract them! Something flashy!

 No.8461

>>8456
"I can try…"

Crit's magic manifest a bouquet that shot out imaginary kittens

DC-Crit Mind 1d8 = 6 Chao 1d4 = 1

Assassin Mind B 1d6 = 5
Assassin Mind C 1d6 = 1

>>8459
>>8460
They were now holding onto both ends

 No.8462

File: 1500998951877.png (338.5 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac28.png) ImgOps Google

"Here goes nothing."

 No.8463

>>8461
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTWojeJ8uIw

The assassins were all distracted by the shower of kittens, they weren't real though and would each of them disappear in 10 seconds of spawning

 No.8464

File: 1500999025479.png (61.68 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount grin.png) ImgOps Google

>>8461
>>8462
>>8463
>With Rye holding one end and Epic holding the other, Epic quickly broke Y formation and began running circles around the bandits while their guards (and swords) were down.

 No.8465

>>8464
Since they were already distracted, the assassins could not resist being tied up and when they realized what was going on it was for too late.

Now the two were tied up with the party overlooking them.

"Hey let us go!"

 No.8466

File: 1500999230211.png (210.94 KB, 416x375, 416:375, mac40.png) ImgOps Google

>>8465
Rye picked up those swords and tossed them away.

 No.8467

>>8465
>>8466
>And Epic tied them up securely.

You're knot going anywhere.
Now you'll tell us what we want to know.

 No.8468

>>8466
"Well at least this is all over now, some of their sword cuts got a little too deep."

>>8467
The assassins remained silent with no retort but they did not refuse to answer his questions.

 No.8469

File: 1500999461776.png (249.72 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac43.png) ImgOps Google

>>8468
"You can say that again…" Summer Rye groaned from all the bruises and cuts he received.

 No.8470

File: 1500999515169.jpg (142.42 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, batman.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8468
Who put you up to retrieving this key.
>Epic kicks them down to the dirt harshly, which they were helpless to escape. He then place his hoof on one of the ponies head.
I want answers.

 No.8471

>>8469
"Once we get there to the Galloping Horse, we should try to find a doctor over there or find an inn to lick our wounds. It can't be much further.

>>8470
"From our boss in Canterlot, his name is Cloak Dagger. He told us travelers with a magic key would be coming through here and that we were to take it for him."

 No.8472

>>8471
Cloak Dagger?
>Epic presses down more on the ponies head.
Who is he?

 No.8473

File: 1500999800213.jpg (71.15 KB, 820x803, 820:803, mac27.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8471
"Maybe it's that hooded guy from the museum."

 No.8474

>>8473
I think that was a mare.

 No.8475

>>8472
"The head of our new crime syndicate. No pony is sure where he came from but rumor has it that he used to be a grounds keeper before he started robbing noble's houses. We all followed in his hoofsteps."

>>8473
>>8474
"Yeah that was a Mare." Crit replied

 No.8476

File: 1501000140691.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>>8475
>Epic got off and dragged them off the dirt to right-side up.

>To his friens
We're taking them to Galloping Horse?

 No.8477

File: 1501000250802.jpg (34.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac18.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8476
"Yes, we should take them there. They can wait there till the guards arrive."

He picked up the the swords again and put them carefully into his saddle bag. They could probably sell them later on.

 No.8478

>>8476
"You aren't taking us anywhere!" One shouted before he let slip a smoke bomb

Then it quickly it exploded and everyone was caught up in the smoke. After all of the coughing and the smoke cleared, the assassins were gone with only the rope on the ground, as well as the hook was there too.

>>8477
The assassins did leave their swords behind.

 No.8479

>>8477
>>8478
>Cough-cough
Forest sake, I knew I should of broke their legs.

 No.8480

File: 1501000439523.jpg (71.15 KB, 820x803, 820:803, mac27.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8478
"Drat… got away, that riff-raff."

 No.8481

(Got to stop again. See you next time.)

 No.8482

>>8479
>>8480
Critical tried to clear his throat, "Ergh yeah. We may as well press on then."

 No.8483

>Epic picks up their swords.
At least they won't be hurtin' anypony else anytime soon.

>>8481
(What are swords stats and value?)

 No.8484

>>8481
(Okay)

>>8483
(Rye has them. No stats but you need sword profincy to use them to help you attacks.)

>>8479
>>8480
>>8481
>>8482
>>8483
The party pressed on along the train tracks until finally they can now see the Galloping Horse Outpost in the distance. It had wooden walls set up around it and several clouds of smoke from chimneys floated up the air.

What will they find at the Galloping Horse? Find out Next time on Tails of Equestria!

 No.8485

File: 1501054882319.png (32.77 KB, 249x249, 1:1, Evershade Pony.png) ImgOps Google

>>8484
We could probably at least sell the swords if they're no use to us. Or give them to the authorities if they're needed a sevidence.

>The party pressed on along the train tracks until finally they can now see the Galloping Horse Outpost in the distance.
Finally!
Maybe we can find out the manure-chewin'son-of-a-hinny that set those bandits on us! This Cloak Dagger guy doesn't sound like somepony who should trot freely round Equestria if e plans a syndicate of evil.

 No.8486

File: 1501095505418.jpg (13.42 KB, 296x170, 148:85, index.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8485
HOLY SHIT I FORGOT TO DO THIS TODAY. I'm sorry guys waking up this morning I was focused on whether or not I had work today and the RP slipped my mind.

They head on into the small little outpost through its cheap train station. In the center of the Galloping Horse they could see the small farms to the right, the Inn and Mayor's office in the center, and the market area and residentials to the left.

>Looks sorta like pic but not with water.

 No.8487

>>8486
It's OK, I mostly hover this thread anyway. Clarity is set to Away at the mo.
Bigger than I thought it be.

 No.8488

>>8487
Yeah I don't think we'll advance the story today since it's so late for you guys.

"Hm, this is my first time here at the Galloping Horse but I've been to several towns to know what to do when you are lost. We could try to go on over to the Mayor's Office or the Inn to hear about rumors or possible work. Then there is the market place where we can interact one on one with the local populace."

 No.8489

>>8488
Yah Clarity says he's not up for it. Playing Dishonoured.
On my adventures I usually go by the market place. Howver if we're gonna rat out this Cloak Dagger fellow, I wouldn't be suprised if he hangs out at the local taverns.

I myself got a clever idea on how to catch him, but perhaps best we collect information first.

 No.8491

>>8489
"Oh well that assassin did say that the Cloak Dagger fellow lives up in Canterlot and we're still a few days travel from there. Perhaps we should relax here for the moment and try to see if we can find work and help around here. Of course we should go to the local doctor to get fixed up first before we do anything dangerous."

My idea for the Galloping Horse is to put in a sidequest or two here to make this campaign last a little longer like they do in all the RPG's.

 No.8493

>>8491
Work? Arn't we already looking for Blazen Paths?

[spoiler]My idea was to openly talk about the key in certain places and see if I can attract more "volunteers" for interrogation.[/spoiler[

 No.8494

File: 1501167572360.png (249.56 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, Aww.png) ImgOps Google

>>8493
"Well… yeah…"

Crit tries to think of a way to phrase his point to appeal more to Epic's morality.

"I know you didn't move around about when you were the Everfree Pony so you might not have done this. You see many adventurers will go on a major adventure and go off to a far location and along the way they help others in towns that they stop by. It's like a mile wide path a helpfulness if that makes sense."

 No.8495

File: 1501167667374.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>8494
I see, yeah. Theres always someone miserable out there who need some help.

 No.8496

File: 1501167773118.png (133.48 KB, 436x340, 109:85, mac46.png) ImgOps Google

"Finally we're here…" Summer Rye looks around the place, it was indeed much bigger than he had expected.

"I hope they have a decent restaurant here. After a stop at the doctor's."

 No.8497

>>8495
>>8496
They head on off to find the local doctor and once they did, the doctor was more than happy to patch up the adventurers. Once after that they went around to find a restaurant but the only establishment that would serve food would be the local inn, they were out in the boonies after all.

 No.8498

(DOes the doctor charges? Also BRB)

 No.8499

File: 1501168208051.png (164.13 KB, 808x988, 202:247, mac53.png) ImgOps Google

>>8497
"Ah, I feel much better now. The inn looks nice too. I am starving!"

Summer Rye gave the doctor 10 bits for helping him and was already looking at the menu of the inn.

(How much money do I have anyway? I haven't taken any notes I'm afraid.)

 No.8500

>>8498
Nah I'mma just skip that for now.

 No.8501

File: 1501168491476.png (74.56 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is reading.png) ImgOps Google

>>8499
>Epic was also looking at the menu.

 No.8502

File: 1501168585704.png (136.8 KB, 627x342, 11:6, mac20.png) ImgOps Google

"I wonder if they have lodging, too."

 No.8503

File: 1501168827795.png (65.32 KB, 204x348, 17:29, Raven_id_S3E1.png) ImgOps Google

>>8499
(Just keep the bits for the medical stuff. Also you have 15 bits)

>>8499
>>8501
Critical was fiddling around at the booth that the party was sitting in and even scratched his initials into the table with a nearby fork.

Soon enough the the maid had came by to take there order.

"Hello darlings, what would you like to have? We got Haysandwiches, salads, fruits, vegetables…"

She lists off more of the mundane food items, it seems that the Galloping Horse's residents have a more simple and practical food pallete.

>>8502
"Why yes we have a room or two upstairs, just talk on over to the bar owner if you are interested."

Critical chimes in, "It's not really that late right now so I wouldn't worry about it at the moment."

 No.8504

>>8503
Steak please. Medium Rare.

 No.8505

File: 1501169002417.png (490.74 KB, 732x673, 732:673, mac30.png) ImgOps Google

>>8503
(alright)

"You think we will be able to reach Canterlot today?" Summer Rye asked Critical and gave him a nudge to stop ruining the table.

"I'll take two haysandwiches and two apples, please."

 No.8506

(Since ponies in the show rarely eat meat, I wonder if it's scandalous for Epic Mount to order a steak?

 No.8507

>>8504
"W-What?" she looks at Epic quizzically, "We… don't have anything like that here."

Epic should keep in mind that Equestrians are often enough vegetarians.

>>8505
"Well no I don't think we'll make it for a couple days but the thing is that we are pretty poor right now so I don't want to spend money where it could be used elsewhere where we need. Perhaps we can rent the room after we get some money."

The maid writes down Rye's order.

 No.8508

File: 1501169310611.jpg (9.92 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac15.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8507
Summer Rye was cointing his small amount of bits. "Well… maybe we can find some work here to earn some money. I could dig a few ditches or something. Or maybe they need a cook?"

 No.8509

File: 1501169322724.png (78.55 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is embarrased.png) ImgOps Google

>>8507
O-Oh.
>Epic grew up in the forest. He is familiar with beasts eatting beasts. He also tried foreign cuisines and devleoped taste for meat.
Um.. a pasty will be fine.

 No.8510

File: 1501169571273.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, 1:1, Crit portrait 1.png) ImgOps Google

>>8508
"We'll just have to look around."

>>8509
She writes down Epic's order and Crit ordered something along the lines of some sort of version of the Hayseed sandwich. The maid leaves and the party remains at their booth to talk about possible work.

Eventually their meals came out and the party each got their platter and were ready to eat now.

 No.8511

>>8510
>Epic felt a bit conscious and wondered if the maid was talking to others about what he originally ordered.
>He tried to keep it out of his mind as they eat.

 No.8512

File: 1501169705895.png (75.26 KB, 388x224, 97:56, mac16.png) ImgOps Google

>Om nom nom!

Rye gobbled down his food, eating with a lot of appetite and gusto.

 No.8513

>>8511
>>8512
They all bite into the food and instead of having something tasty to eat, their tastebuds were met with food that almost was like eating ash…

Mind Test Difficulty 5
Crit(Short Fuse) 1d8 = 5
Rye (Always Hungry 1d8 = 8

Failure results in a downgraded charm

 No.8514

>>8513
Ugh! What!?
>Checks his food.

 No.8515

File: 1501169999787.png (148.01 KB, 845x946, 845:946, mac32.png) ImgOps Google

>>8513
"Talk about bad kitchen…" Summer Rye shoved his plate away.

"Waitress! There is something wrong with my food."

 No.8516

Whats in this pasty? Taste like your ingrediants were salvaged from a fire.

 No.8517

>>8514
>>8515
Critical's face was crossed for just a moment but he soon relaxed himself, it seems he dealt with worse.

"Well… ugh… that wasn't expected, this shitty food."

The maid comes comes on back, distraught looking since they don't like the food.

>>8516
"I'm sorry, our farms have been having a hard time lately since the water has been running short around these parts. I don't know what going on over at the farms."

 No.8518

>>8517
How can you serve food if you're aware of this problem?

 No.8519

File: 1501170356531.jpg (23.26 KB, 768x432, 16:9, mac23.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8517
"Ah… I can relate to that. I think I should take a look at those farms. Got to help fellow farmers after all."

 No.8520

>>8519
We're going to visit the farms?

 No.8521

>>8518
"The only place we can get our food to cook is from our local farmers. We can't import anything due to the trains being out so we have to make due with what we can grow."

>>8519
"Hey yeah" Crit noted, "You're the farming type so maybe you would know what to do!"

 No.8522

File: 1501170519759.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>8520
"Well, I at least will. Farming is sort of my thing after all. I can't just walk on without at least paying them a visit if they have troubles."

 No.8523

>>8521
>>8522
Hm.. OK.
Heck, maybe I can get a dinner with actual meat.
>Gets some odd looks.
Surely they have foeign dishes for griffins and other meat-eatters.

 No.8524

>>8522
"Well I lost my appetite anyways so I will go with you Rye, perhaps we can do something about this farming issue although I'm not much count to actual manual labor."

>>8523
"I dunno, here lets just get on over tot he farms"

They head on out of the inn and head over to the farms area. What they saw was fields of dying crops lining the area with depressed looking farmers trying to get what they can to work. Rye could remember that's what his mother and father looked before he left.

 No.8525

>>8524
So… the ponies here are suffering from a draught? Doesn't it rain plenty?
>Looks up to the sky.
O-oh wait, outside of Everfree. Pegasi manage weather.

 No.8526

>>8525
No it rains pretty often here so it must be another reason, perhaps they should go and investigate the crops themselves or ask around with the farmers themselves.

 No.8527

File: 1501171001834.jpg (9.92 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac15.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8524
"How odd…" Summer Rye said half to himself as he watched the hard working farmers toiling in vain.

>>8525
"I was just wondering why there is so little water. The pegasi should take care of that… maybe the ground sucks it all up?"

Rye approached the farmers. "Hello there. We couldn't help but notice you're having some troubles on your fields. I'm a farmer myself over in Trottingham… I thought maybe I could help you."

 No.8528

>>8527
>Let's Rye talk to the farmers. Given he know smore on farming than he and Critical does.

 No.8529

>>8527
>>8528
One of the farmers talk back to Rye

"It's a shame really, to see what all we had laid down now go to the damn fruit bats"

The farmer explains to the party that something has recently caused the fruit bats to act in a much more vicious way towards their crops. Epic knows that these are the same bats that used to reside up in Sweet Apple Acres.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9-NCXXUbGE

 No.8530

>>8529
Vampire Fruit Bats? Ponyville's Sweet Apple Acre's had the very same problem. It was resolved in the end by granting the fruit bats a sanctuary with their own stretch of orchard. And it turns out new crops of apples from the seeds left over from the fruit bats were more healthier.

 No.8531

File: 1501171526899.gif (163.39 KB, 148x179, 148:179, mac36.gif) ImgOps Google

>>8529
"Fruit bats, huh? How long have they been bothering you? And if you say 'much more vicious'… since when have they acted in such manner?"

 No.8532

>>8530
>>8531
"We know of fruit bats and how they behave but look around, they don't just do this for no reason. This is too much for us to take with them here."

He thinks for a moment.

"We know what they been trying to find a new home, I've seen em move from cave to cave so maybe there's something in their new cave that's riling them up. If you three can check it out for me then it would be most appreciated."

He marks the bat's cave down on the party's map, it seems to be in some hill on over to the east.

 No.8533

File: 1501171799984.png (174.01 KB, 900x877, 900:877, mac41.png) ImgOps Google

>>8532
'More walking on an empty stomach…' Summer Rye thought to himself before giving a nod. "Alright, we'll be checking it out. Hopefully it's not one of those big bears again."

 No.8534

>>8532
How exactly are the bats causing your draught? While they drink water, they mostly get hydration from the fruit they eat.

Though it sounds more like vampire fruit bats than regular fruit bats.

>>8533
I guess we can check it out, though I dunno if we'd be much help. I may know a lot on monsters, but I can't communicate with them like Fluttershy can to animals.

 No.8535

File: 1501172030099.jpg (35.18 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac29.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8534
"We'll find a way… Besides, I think there'll be something in that cave that scares them. If we find out they might return and don't bother the farmers anymore."

 No.8536

>>8534
"I don't know, something is causing them to go haywire and take all of the vegetables and fruits. Something is seriously wrong."

>>8533
>>8534
"It's fine," Crit said," Who needs words when we got your punchies Epic?"

The party head on out to the cave which takes about an hour to do so. When they get on up there, Rye naturally feels that he doesn't want to go in. Bats and caves don't mix well for him so you wonder if there is a way to bring out the bats so you don't have to go in.

Otherwise Rye will need to pass a Mind Test DC 6

 No.8537

>>8536
Thats how I best deal with monsters. They only understand aggression.
>As they walk to the cave.
Of course Fluttershy doesn't agree with me and it makes me sad she thinks less of me, but I know how most monsters think and monsters are different from animals.
>Epic continues talking for roughly an hour on monsters in Everfree Forest and his friendship with Fluttershy.

 No.8538

File: 1501172376021.png (1.15 MB, 880x873, 880:873, mac10.png) ImgOps Google

>>8536
Summer Rye's eyes widened and he stopped quite a few paces away from the cave, shivering… "Brrr… cave! I had almost forgotten how deep and dark they are… with bottomless pits and deep and cold streams that take you away!"

He looked around and picked out some of the fruit that came with the big lunch he purchase in Ponyville and placed them on a rock in front of the cave.

 No.8539

>>8538
Only really deep caves have such hazards.

 No.8540

File: 1501172562922.jpg (42.71 KB, 604x565, 604:565, mac4.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8539
"You never know how deep they are until it's too late. Better not go in."

 No.8541

>>8540
I've been in plenty of caves.

Critical, will you be going in with me? Your light would be helpful.

 No.8542

File: 1501172897317.jpg (51.31 KB, 300x213, 100:71, 62ec87ff5d270f343148f492d1….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8538
>>8539
>>8540
>>8541
Before Crit would respond, a horde of bats fly out of the cave at the smell of Rye's fruits he had set out. They gobble it up in seconds and now that they see the party, the bat horde is out to attack them!

(Sorry I lagged out bad)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW9Alr38Ha0

 No.8543

>>8542
Guys, stand your ground, the bats should not harm us.

 No.8544

>>8542
"Holy shit!" Critical yelled as he readied his magic to attack

Boss Encounter
Bat Horde
Stamina ?
Body ?
Mind ?
Charm ?

>>8543
The horde circles around Epic like a tornado with their claws and fangs trying to get at him

Bats Body 1d10 = 7, Fly 1d6 = 1 VS Epic Body 1d8 = 3, Def 1d8 = 2

 No.8545

File: 1501173093432.png (342.43 KB, 499x701, 499:701, mac39.png) ImgOps Google

>>8542
>>8543
"They have sharp beaks and can pinch or sit in our manes and make a mess!"

Summer Rye said.

"Hey you… bats! What's the big idea bothering those farmers!"

 No.8546

>>8544
>Epic was suprise the bats were attacking.
Something isn't right. We should retreat! Off the path, get close to the cave!

 No.8547

>>8546
>*side of the entrace of the cave, not into it.
Quick, but up against the wall, it be difficult for them to fly around us then!

 No.8548

>>8544
Epic was struck and little cuts formed around his body after they were done. Epic now had 9 HP

>>8545
"It's no use Rye, we have to fight them!"

Critical shot off a beam of chaos magic at them.

Crit Mind 1d8 = 2, Cha 1d4 = 4 VS Bats Body 1d10 = 5

>>8546
The bats won't let the party escape into the cave, it would probably be even worse if they tried to do so.

>>8547
Crit gets up on the side of the hill.

 No.8549

File: 1501173363085.jpg (108.14 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, mac6.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

"Of course something's not right! The farmers said that already!"

Summer Rye took his spade and moved to the side of the cave, as far away from the entrance as possible.

The he poured out the rest of the food right in front of him, planning to whack a bat when it's down to eat.

 No.8550

>>8548
>Epic saw no point on fighting the bats since they swooped too efficiently.
>But knowing how bats and monst monsters tihnk, he knows they don't behave like this, but he had a theory what could be the cause of the problem.

>While Critical and Rye were mostly distracting the bats, he tried to slip into the cave with little awareness of the bats.

 No.8551

>>8549
And much like piranhas the bats attack the food and eviscerate it. Letting Rye attack with his spade.

Rye Body 1d6 = 2, Farm 1d8 = 6 VS Bats Body 1d10 = 5

 No.8552

>>8551
He smacked a good number of bats that way and sent them flying unconscious from the horde.

What was left of the horde attacks Rye to return the favor.

Bats Body 1d10 = 2, Fly 1d4 = 2 VS Rye Body 1d6 = 6

 No.8553

File: 1501173634974.jpg (55.59 KB, 792x727, 792:727, mac31.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8552
"Sorry, Bats! Eek!"

 No.8554

File: 1501173684197.jpg (51.31 KB, 300x213, 100:71, 62ec87ff5d270f343148f492d1….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8552
Rye was able to duck to the ground before the bats swiped over head of them and avoid their aerial assault.

"Nice going, lets keep that up!"

 No.8555

File: 1501173777638.png (410.76 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac24.png) ImgOps Google

>>8554
Summer Rye prepared for the next swoop of bats, angy that he would lose yet another delicious meal. First to dogs, now to bats.

 No.8556

File: 1501173847122.png (555.33 KB, 930x941, 930:941, Epic Mount is a big pony b….png) ImgOps Google

>Epic snuck into the cave. Despite what little light there was, he tried to find what was causing the bats to be so aggressive. Is his supicion was right it was a matter of what was missing or absent than what was there.

>Can hear the others still fighting.
I'm sorry friends, I'll be as quick as I can.

Bats do not attack ponies like that, they swoop down on intruders but they don't actively attack unless the damage is done already.
>Looks for anything that could of caused interferance with the colony of bats. Such as excavation or farm tools left here.

 No.8557

>>8556
>>8555
Crit looks around to see what Epic would do but saw that Epic had left

"Oh son of a bitch!"

He turns around and throws a good sized rock a the bats

Crit Mind 1d8 = 3, Tele 1d8 = 1 VS Bats Body 1d10 = 5

>Meanwhile

Over in the cave where Epic was, he was met with a large cavern room where the bats would reside. On the floors his hooves met with the squish feeling of old and rotten fruits and vegetable that the bats had eaten long ago. There was nothing noteworthy here except for a small passage at the end of the room that had a blue glow to it.

 No.8558

>>8557
>Epic considered this could be what was causing the problem, which was different from what he thought was the cause.
>He knew he couldn't waste anymore time and quickly ran out of the cave towards Critical who was fighting the bats.

Critical!
>Swatted away at the bats.
Critical, Ultra- ultra frequancy,-
>Was trying to tell him something with all the bats in the way.
High pitch noise spell or something!

Clarity just said he lost connection.

 No.8559

(back)

 No.8560

>>8558
(That's okay, he'll prolly just need a minute or two. Also you weren't going to inspect the passage at the end of the room to see what was glowing?)

"I'll see what I can do…"

The bats attack Crit

Bats Body 1d10 = 10, Fly 1d4 = 3 VS Crit Body 1d4 = 4

Crit tries to focus on his magic to make a loud high pitched annoying sound!

Mind Test DC 5
Crit 1d8 = 5, Cha 1d4 = 1

 No.8561

File: 1501174623789.jpg (55.59 KB, 792x727, 792:727, mac31.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8560
Rye tried to use the moment as the bats were down attacking Crit, swining at them with his spade (and hopefully not hitting Crit by accident).

 No.8562

>>8560
Epic will explain afterwards.

>>8560
>Epic covered his ears as he was sensetive to sound. He hoped this will work.

 No.8563

>>8560
Critical was swooped up in the bats and he screamed in pain as they left him seriously cut up. Still though for such a small pony he got back up and let out this horrendously loud noise that caused the bats to scatter off from the party and fleeing but also hurt everpony in the blast zone.

Sound Damage DC 4: Damage 1d4 = 3
Crit 1d4 = 4
Rye 1d6 = 2
Epic 1d8 = 2, Def 1d8 = 3

 No.8564

>>8563
Whats are health score after all that?
I-is everypony alright?

 No.8565

File: 1501174799458.jpg (13.69 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8563
Summe Rye gave a yell of suprise and covered his ears.

 No.8566

>>8563
Epic and Rye could feel that their ears had almost been shot at the sound but at least they weren't deaf from this

Crit HP 2
Epic HP 7
Rye HP 13

>>8564
Above

>>8565
It was all over now atleast, for better or worse on how damaged they got.

"Huh… I haven't been hurt that bad… ever really."

 No.8567

File: 1501174942048.jpg (10.3 KB, 200x193, 200:193, mac21.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8566
"Shall we take you back to the doctor? You seem pretty badly hurt."

 No.8568

>>8564
"Crit isn't doing so well, Epic. But the bats are goen."

 No.8569

>>8566
Sorry for ditching you guys, but while you had the bats distracted I had to check what was caused them to behave so violently.

>Epic gets up.
Bats don't usually behave like that. Usually when theres intruders they flee. They only swoop if they want to frighten away an intruder or after something specific.

I thought the cause was because somepony already came here and did harm to the colony of bats, like take their children or ruined the caves or something. The bats would then be more vigourous in defending their territory.

But there is something back there, something glowing. Possibly magical.

>>8568
I have potions if any of you guys need them.
>Offers potions.

 No.8570

>>8566
(Wait I got the scores wrong.)
Epic HP 6
Rye HP12

>>8567
>>8568
"I'll be fine, we should check the cave out and see the root cause of all this."

They head on inside and see the floor covered in rotten fruits, the smell being pugnent.

>>8569
They see the blue glow.

Crit laughs, "Heh, anypony volunteers to go first?"

 No.8571

File: 1501175206604.jpg (9.92 KB, 300x168, 25:14, mac15.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

"C… cave…" Summer Rye tried to gather his courage and get inside.

 No.8572

>>8570
I'll go first. I would befor,e but if it's magical we may need somepony who can contain it.

>>8571
You can wait out here and rest if you want.

 No.8573

File: 1501175356709.png (133.48 KB, 436x340, 109:85, mac46.png) ImgOps Google

>>8572
"I'm fine, they barely scratched me."

 No.8574

File: 1501175471622.jpg (188.17 KB, 640x448, 10:7, de7a614d93e06b5cf838e3b1ba….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8571
>>8572
They head on into the passage to find a bit of a smaller room with a large blue crystal pillar in the center of the room. Critical can feel that it is giving off a magical aura and this aura sets everypony off when they got on close to it.

Critical just got really angry and frustrated, Epic got really to point where he refused to interact with the other two, and Rye got on insatiable sense of hunger.

Whatever this Crystal is, it catalyzes the worst in everypony and creature it seems. The party must find a way to break and destroy it.

 No.8575

File: 1501175496292.png (63.31 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is sad.png) ImgOps Google

>>8573
I'm sorry to have abandoned the frey, but I didn't want to harm them unless I was sure why they were attacking us.

I thought maybe they saw us as to do with other ponies who caused harm to them.

But it might be a souce of the problem than the cause, such as whatevers glowing back here.

 No.8576

>>8574
>Epic knew what to do, but thought best to do it by himself.

>He went up to the crystal and tried to buck it hard.

 No.8577

File: 1501175700811.png (249.72 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac43.png) ImgOps Google

>>8575
"It's alright… you meant no harm going into the cave after all…"

He looked at the odd pillar, pondering what it was - how it got there…

 No.8578

File: 1501175832451.png (101.83 KB, 400x400, 1:1, Crit Seathing.png) ImgOps Google

>>8576
All it does is just rings as he hits it. It's too large for just one pony to break on his own, even for Epic. Epic would have to get the party together and combine their efforts to take down the crystal.

Critical is just pacing about his face perpetually crossed.

"Celestia dammit!"

>>8577
The crystal is causing him to go hungry and Rye can't focus on that right now since he had now food on him.

 No.8579

File: 1501175943166.jpg (34.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac18.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8578
"D… damn… I'm so hungry… those stupid bats at all my food… and there was none at the inn either…"

He angrily paced around the crystal.

"Shame I'm not a dragon or I'd eat it."

 No.8580

File: 1501176029169.png (95.67 KB, 591x599, 591:599, Epic Mount.png) ImgOps Google

>>8578
>Epic believed he could figure out a more efficient way on breaking the crystal.
>He looks over to Critical, considering maybe there was a way he could "magic" the problem away, but given the crystal was effecting his quirks, he can tell he looked somewhat pissed off and didn't want to cause drama.
>Looking back at the crystal he also thought it was best he should solve the problem. After all magic can't solve everything.

>Epic tried examing the crystal to see if there was any loose parts he can strike at.

 No.8581

>>8580
Epic could see that there was a weak point at the very top of the crystal but he would need the others to help him. Perhaps if Epic and Rye can physically push the crystal where as Crit tries to jostle it around with his telekinesis.

 No.8582

File: 1501176246528.png (210.94 KB, 416x375, 416:375, mac40.png) ImgOps Google

Rye gave the crystal a lick and testing nibble.

 No.8583

>>8581
Epic tried to work it out. He knew it needed a good push and tried to push it himself.

>>8582
Uh-um
You can help if you want.

 No.8584

File: 1501176454191.jpg (71.15 KB, 820x803, 820:803, mac27.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8583
"What… help? With what? I'm hungry… can't you tel?"

 No.8585

>>8584
>Epic did not know how to respond to this except with…
Arn't you always hungry?

 No.8586

>>8583
>>8582
Critical could see them trying to push it so he himself put away what frustration he could and focused his magic to give them an extra push. They struggled for a minute or two, things were looking bleak as the effects of the crystal were worsening on them. Epic could hardly stand being in the same room with them, Rye was getting so hungry he felt like he was going to faint, and Crit was gritting his teeth and his magic was nearly exploding off of his horn.

Suddenly there was a heavy cracking sound and the crystal toppled over and smashes into pieces once it hit the floor. The effects of the crystal were now gone and they felt like their old selves again.

Each player gains a token of friendship.

 No.8587

File: 1501176656461.png (164.13 KB, 808x988, 202:247, mac53.png) ImgOps Google

>>8586
(Oh, I thought more persuasion would have been needed.)

"Hmm… t… that was strange…"

 No.8588

>>8586
>While they were feeling like their old self. Epic felt he neede d aminute to get his composure together.

Me and my brother tend to handle company and attention like water. Enough doses is needed but too much and we feel like we're drowning.

 No.8589

File: 1501176841643.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, 1:1, Crit portrait 1.png) ImgOps Google

>>8587
(Mm, I need to be leaving soon. I still got time though.)

"Yeah," Crit was now calm, "That is definitely something I never seen before. Anyways the bats should leave those farmers alone now so we should head on back and get paid for this."

>>8588
"C'mon Epic it's time to go."

 No.8590

>>8589
U-um, OK.
>Despite the crystal losing it's magic, he still felt a sense of confrontation. He chose to distance himself a bit and walk quietly as they return to the farms.

 No.8591

File: 1501177028099.png (210.94 KB, 416x375, 416:375, mac40.png) ImgOps Google

>>8589
Rye trotted quietly, pondering babout what just went on in the cave. Probably the crystal had brought out the hunger in the bats, just like in him.

 No.8592

>As Epic was walking by himself, he pondered about how long that crystal been there for, why it was there to begin with and why the bats set up colony there. He was rocessing at least several thoughts at once.

 No.8593

>>8590
>>8591
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAg8NGTZf_g

The party headed on back to the Galloping Horse, by the time they had gotten back, the sun was already setting and bathing the lands in a orange light. They told the farmers about how they stopped the bats and destroyed the strange crystal and the farmers were so happy they all chipped in and gave the party money for the road ahead.

Crit: 100 Bits
Epic: 190 Bits
Rye: 95 bits

The town even gave them free lodging for fixing their problem so they at least will have a roof over their heads tonight.

 No.8594

>>8593
(Excellent. I'll stop for the day. Thanks for the good time.)

 No.8595

File: 1501177471972.png (43.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is lurking.png) ImgOps Google

>>8593
>Epic felt guilty accepting payment for something which should of been a heroic act. But given he was feeling somewhat distraught, he accepted as humbly and as quietly as he could. He was also confused why he was paid more than the others and concerned this may cause a problem.
>Critical and Rye thought his behavior was somewhat like Fluttershys.

>>8594
>They all went to bed. Epic being humble to his friends as they sleep for the night.

Epic will be better in the morning. He just had a bit too much, thats all.

Also, will a nights rest restore their HP?

 No.8596

>>8594
(No prob but I do have an announcement to make.)

Announcement.
So I've been talking with my current internet service and decided to drop them for this month so that means I may not be able to DM this game for a short time. However the reason I am dropping the service is because Comcast is entering my area and their service will be available in the earlier portion of next month. The Comcast service will be much cheaper and a shit ton faster so I'll be going with them.

What this means is that I may not be able to DM so this RP will be going into Hiatus for a short time, I predict at the max of 6 or so days. After the Hiatus I will be back on business as usual and we can continue on our way to Canterlot.

>>8595
(Yeah their HP will be fully restored.)

 No.8598

>>8596
Thats OK. We can wait. Maybe me and Clarity will catch up on The Dark Eye RP.

 No.8599

File: 1501177754960.png (26.34 KB, 300x169, 300:169, mac51.png) ImgOps Google

>>8596
That's fine, thanks for letting us know. And see you again soon!

 No.8600

>>8598
That's cool. I just want you guys to know that this is only a temporary leave and I will be back as soon as possible when my internet does crap out. In the mean time maybe you should check out this thread. I've played in the canon before and I think it was alright. Besides you'd help this guy get started.

http://www.ponyville.us/rp/res/8490.html#8490

 No.8604

File: 1501859464857.jpg (125.04 KB, 1280x1024, 5:4, artsfon.com-43608.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8593
The morning sun raised on up over the land again and its light seeped into the room that the party was sleeping in and, waking them to the hour. They gathered their things and headed on out to the Center of the Galloping Horse.

Should they try to see if the residents here need more help or perhaps they should head on off to Canterlot, there is still quite the ways to go.

 No.8605

File: 1501907534864.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

(welcome bacK)

Summer Rye decided to have an especially big breakfast for starters and wanted to stock up on food supplies for the trip as well. Way too often he had to give up his treats to other critters.

 No.8607

File: 1501989307880.png (165.12 KB, 429x368, 429:368, Crit portrait new.png) ImgOps Google

>>8605
Crit and EpicHopefully joined Rye in his shopping as they were getting ready to head on off. Many of the folk they were talking with were quite nice to the party seeing that they fixed the farm issue. Now with the bats gone, the farmers planted in a new generation of crop that was growing well.

"Rye!" Crit said loudly, "Can you hear me?" It seemed that Critical was trying to get Rye's attention but Rye was too busy thinking about his food. "I said what is gonna be our next move. Are we gonna stay a little longer or are we gonna head on out?"

Critical gave a chaotic smile to Rye, even though Crit had been taken some hits on this journey he was still nonetheless eager to stay be the party's side.

 No.8609

File: 1501995842190.png (75.26 KB, 388x224, 97:56, mac16.png) ImgOps Google

>>8607
"Hm?" Ryes gobbled down a baked good. "Sure… maybe other ponies need help too. And it feels good having some coins in the pocket" he replied amidst loud munching.

 No.8610

File: 1501997251797.jpg (17.66 KB, 320x247, 320:247, s320x240.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8609
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4uR39jNeGE

"Some ponies to help…"

Critical looks around at the buildings, the market area, town hall, farms (Who they already helped), and the residential area. The Galloping Horse was much smaller than Ponyville and a lot more compact.

"I'm sure if we ask around, we can find something."

They walk around the train outpost, talking to the commoners and listening to what they had to say. Most of it was how their day was going and and some tid bits of gossip. Eventually they heard the rumor that there was a colt distressed at the outpost's well.

 No.8611

File: 1502002520793.png (338.5 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac28.png) ImgOps Google

>>8610
Rye looked around if he saw anypony going by that description. The well was easy enough found.

 No.8614

>>8611
They find the well and they find the colt who keeps nervously looking down into the deep well. His vision grazes the party and he instantly rushes to Rye and Critical

"Hey!" he says in a loud voice, "C-can you help me? I heard what you guys did for our farms so I was hoping you could do the same for me too."

The young stallion looks anxious and is on the verge to cry.

 No.8615

File: 1502120943153.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>8614
Rye gave a nod "Well, we try to at least. What's the matter? Not more bats?"

 No.8616

>>8615
"Well… you see my friend and I were playing around this old well yesterday and she let me see her mother's pendant. Then she went away to go get something and I… accidentally dropped it into the well."

He grimaces, feeling guilty he lost something so important.

"My friend doesn't know this and she's been looking around her house to find the pendant. I want to go down into the well but I'm too scared to do so…"

[Chaotic]
Crit laughs, "By all, you sure did get yourself into some mess now eh?"

 No.8617

File: 1502125430455.jpg (71.15 KB, 820x803, 820:803, mac27.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8616
"Come on, that's not funny, Crit. He'll get in real trouble if she finds out."

Summer Rye thought for a moment.

"Alright, we'll try to help you, right lads?"

He looked down the well, wondering how deep it was.

 No.8618

File: 1502125971064.png (105.25 KB, 400x400, 1:1, Crit portrait 1.png) ImgOps Google

>>8617
Critical looked away while he was trying to stop himself from laughing.

The child nodded, "Thanks, I just… I have to come with you. I dropped it into the well and I need to be the one to get it out. I'm just too scared to get it out myself."

Critical chimed in with a smile still on his face, "We can probably use a rope to rappel down there, we'll just need to tie it at the base of the well."

 No.8619

File: 1502126293337.jpg (8.18 KB, 245x276, 245:276, mac47.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8618
"We don't even have to tie it. I got a grappling hook with my rope. We can tie a lantern to the other end though so we can see what's down there."

 No.8620

(What I miss?)
>Epic was there too, he wanted to help get the pendant back for the colt.

 No.8621

>>8619
"Righto."

They fashion the rope in the way Rye had described and they could see what was down there. The floor of the well was visible with a small pool of water at the bottom. Apparently this well dried up a couple of weeks back and the outpost uses a new well.

If they wanted to search for the pendant, they would have to go down themselves.

>>8620
Nothing much, just doing one side quest before we leave for Canterlot.

 No.8622

File: 1502126785274.png (99.95 KB, 277x342, 277:342, mac3.png) ImgOps Google

>>8621
"Oh boy… I'll go first. Don't want to drop on any of you if I mess up."

 No.8623

>>8621
>>8622
I was thinking Critical and me could go down, his illumination spell would be useful.

 No.8624

>>8622
>>8623
They all slide down the rope one by one, first Rye, then Crit, then Epic, and then lastly the colt.

The well was large and they had some space but not much, The stone walls were neatly created but there seemed to be a rather large hole in the wall. Perhaps they could just look around first to find the pendant.

 No.8625

>>8624
>Epic did some snooping, looking carefully at any gaps and such.
Some light may still be helpful… (Depending how dark it is)

 No.8626

File: 1502127060269.png (249.72 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac43.png) ImgOps Google

>>8624
"Brrr… almost as bad as a cave. But just almost." Rye peered into the darkness to see what he'd see.

 No.8627

File: 1502127095593.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

>>8626
"Oh, good thing I got my lantern tied to the rope there, almost forgot about it."

 No.8628

File: 1502127160823.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>8627
I forgot about it. :)
>The lanterns light helps illuminate the well.
So what does the pendant look like?

 No.8629

File: 1502127234641.png (210.94 KB, 416x375, 416:375, mac40.png) ImgOps Google

>>8628
"Didn't ask… but I don't there there'll be multiple pendants down here."

 No.8630

>>8629
Never know what you could find ina  well. Heck remember the last well we we're at?

 No.8631

>>8628
"It's silver and it opens up with a picture of her mother"

>>8625
>>8626
>>8627
They all search through the pools of water on the ground but they can't find the pendant.
They do notice some rather large claw marks leading into the side passage.

"D-do you think?… No I can't go back there!"

It seems the colt will need some persuasion.

[Fear:Caves]
Rye cannot persuade the colt

 No.8632

>>8631
What is it? Whats back here?

 No.8633

File: 1502127416490.jpg (108.14 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, mac6.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8631
"Oh… oh no… there's a cave. Why does it always have to be caves?"

 No.8634

>>8632
>>8633
"I-I don't know! I just don't like dark places and now there's a monster back there."

Critical stepped up to the plate, "Here kid, you gotta try at least."

Seems that Crit has done this sort of thing before on his own.

Charm DC 4
Crit 1d6 = 2
Epic 1d6 = 6

 No.8635

>>8632
>>8633
>>8634
It would seem that Epic's presence was able enough to calm the colt down.

"Okay… okay I can go. Let's get this over with"

 No.8636

File: 1502127670571.png (61.68 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount grin.png) ImgOps Google

>>8633
>>8634
C'mon, you're with three great heroes. And I'm sure it wouldn't be as bad as the last cave we went into.

 No.8637

File: 1502127687232.png (342.43 KB, 499x701, 499:701, mac39.png) ImgOps Google

>>8635
Summer Rye untied the lantern from the rope and brought it along.

 No.8638

>>8636
>>8637
They head on into the side passage which looked to be a mix of a natural formation and animal made. There were also bits of junk on the floor which got more and more piled up as they went along.

Eventually they soon find a chamber room with a large foul smelling nest made up of trash and junk. Sitting upon the large rat, about the size of a pony even, was scuffling about in its nest while wearing something silver.

 No.8639

>>8638
>Examing the rubbish, neve rknow what may find of value of use.

 No.8640

File: 1502128221083.png (490.74 KB, 732x673, 732:673, mac30.png) ImgOps Google

>>8638
"Uh… excuse us, Mr. Rat… is this your home? We don't mean to disturb you, we're looking for a pedant. Silver… You haven't seen it, have you?"

 No.8641

>>8640
I think he has.
>Points to the shiny thing the rat is wearing.

 No.8642

File: 1502128355065.jpg (71.15 KB, 820x803, 820:803, mac27.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8641
Rye whispered… "I noticed."

 No.8643

>>8639
He doesn't find anything useful unless he wants to take wet paper or bits of trash.

>>8640
The rat shrieks at the sight of the party once Rye exposed them. The rat looks at them cautiously but doesn't respond.

It doesn't seem it can talk, the party will have to find a way to communicate to it.

 No.8644

File: 1502128455231.png (164.13 KB, 808x988, 202:247, mac53.png) ImgOps Google

>>8643
Rye pointed at the silvery item around the rat's neck and offered him some of his food, trying to make clear he'd trade the pendant for it.

 No.8645

>>8643
Anyone got any camenbert on them?

 No.8646

>>8644
Rye tries to do this

Resist Hunger DC 6
Rye Mind 1d8 = 8

Charm DC 6
Rye Charm 1d6 = 1

>>8645
Crit looks at Epic, "What in the hells is Camenbert?"

 No.8647

>>8646
Some sort of stinky cheese that Rarity once offered me. She said it's favoured by the exquisite. I guess thats why they're called "Stinking rich".

 No.8648

>>8646
Even though Rye was able to give up his food, the rat rejected it and just screeched at them

Perhaps they should try something else or another party member tries.

 No.8649

>>8648
Hm… maybe if we make a lot of noise and try to apepar big and threatening?

 No.8650

File: 1502128915987.jpg (10.3 KB, 200x193, 200:193, mac21.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8648
Rye mumbled "Well, for once I get to keep my food it seems."

>>8649
"Leave the poor rat alone. I think he might want something shiny - just as the pendant. Anypony got something like that?"

 No.8651

>>8647
"Eugh that sounds awful"

Well Epic now knows that Crit wasn't raised in a wealthy home unlike most other unicorns.

>>8649
"That could work, I would just have to hang back on that one though. Or we could try to involve the colt here." Because this is MLP and we need a moral story dammit!-said every episode writer ever

 No.8652

File: 1502129083512.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>8651
Hm… well I could try one thing.

>Goes to the rat,
Can we please have the shiny thing around your neck? It was accidentally dropped down here and very important to this colt here. Has a picture of his mother and everything.

 No.8653

>>8652
Epic now tries

Charm DC 6
Epic Charm 1d6 = 5

 No.8654

File: 1502129243393.png (249.72 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac43.png) ImgOps Google

>>8652
Rye took a gold bit and held it against the lantern to make it sparkle. "How about we give you some sparkly bits to trade, huh?"

 No.8655

>>8653
>>8652
The rat looks at Epic, seemed to be persuaded but then he lurched back, not wanting to let the pendant go.

>>8654
The rat can't understand Rye so he doesn't know that Rye is trying to offer up something else.

"Er what about the kid here?"

 No.8656

>>8655
We're not trading the kid, that be pointless and cruel.

But theres no real point in harming it, since it doesn't want to harm us.

If only Fluttershy was here, she'd know what to do.

 No.8657

File: 1502129559026.png (26.34 KB, 300x169, 300:169, mac51.png) ImgOps Google

>>8655
Rye gave the lad a nudge "Maybe the rat will understand you if you ask him for the amulet. Maybe it can pick up how important it is if you try."

 No.8658

>>8657
I dunno. I tried asking nicely, what makes you think he'll understand him any better?

 No.8659

>>8656
"What no! I mean we try to have the colt explain the pendant situation to the rat. By Celestia Epic, why would you think I want to offer up the fucken child?"

>>8657
The child looks scared at the rat

"But that thing looks so scary, I can't"

The colt will need to really be persuaded to do this.

 No.8660

>>8659
Why do you think the rat will listen to anypony? It's a rat!

 No.8661

File: 1502129734711.jpg (35.18 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac29.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8658
"Because animals aren't stupid…"

>>8659
"We're here for you to have your back… besides, the rat isn't out for trouble. It seems nice. I'm sure it's more scared of all of us being here in its home."

 No.8662

>>8661
I'm not saying rats are dumb, just not the sort you can hold a steady coversation with.

>>8659
Apparently these guys think you can talk with the rat.

If you think you can, then go for it.

 No.8663

File: 1502129933007.jpg (42.71 KB, 604x565, 604:565, mac4.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>8662
"They can often enough feel what you want… they can feel if you're happy or scared or desperate."

 No.8664

>>8661
>>8662
"C'mon kid, you're stronger than you look. I know you got this, we all do!"

Charm Test DC 4
Epic 1d6 = 1
Crit 1d6 = 4
Rye 1d6 = 3

 No.8665

>>8664
>tosses in a token of friendship

 No.8666

>>8663
>>8664
>I rolled a fail yes?
Often yes, but it's a rat who only likes shiny things. I did ask nicely and it just looked at me funny and kept the thing for itself. It just doesn't understand such things.

 No.8667

>>8664
>>8663
>>8662
>>8661
The kid nods at this and he heads on up to the rat. At first they were both scared and they realized this. It took the tension off and the colt pointed at the pendant. What they saw next will shock the party.

The rat took off the pendant and sat it down for the child. It then scurried off and left the party alone and most likely to find a new home.

Everyone in the party had their jaws dropped at this act of courage and kindness.

 No.8668

File: 1502130136669.gif (217.35 KB, 342x324, 19:18, mac37.gif) ImgOps Google

>>8667
"Hooray!"

 No.8669

>>8667
>>8668
>Was somewhat suprised by this.

Is the foal a blankflank? or… was a blankflank? Given how fast the response.

 No.8670

>>8668
"Hmm…" Critical smiled as the kid put the pendant and put it away and went back up the party.

"Thank you guys, I couldn't have gotten this back without you."

>>8669
Right now, blank

 No.8671

>>8670
I'm suprised how quick the rat responded to you.
Heck I asked nicely and it just behaved like a rat.

 No.8672

File: 1502130372927.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

>>8670
"You can be proud of yourself. Now let's get out of here. We'll all need a shower after spending our time down here."

 No.8673

>>8672
Hold on a mo…
>Checks the surrounding rubbish again, just to make sure if theres anything they can loot.
What kind of adventurer will I be if I'm not thorough?

 No.8674

File: 1502130626401.png (521.31 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac34.png) ImgOps Google

>>8673
"Alright, you look around some…"

Rye used the time to examine the well more thoroughly to see if there was a reason it has dried up.

 No.8675

>>8671
"I don't know, it just sort of happened."

>>8673
He searches about but all he finds is trash Sorry no special items here

>>8672
Crit nodded, "Agreed, This place is a bit too dank for me."

They head on back up and Rye gets back the rope and grapple hook

The colt went on off to his friends house to return, leaving the party alone.

Everyone gets a total of 2 tokens of Friendship

 No.8676

>>8675
Well, that went well. No one died.

 No.8677

File: 1502130808720.png (510.68 KB, 1255x1038, 1255:1038, mac12.png) ImgOps Google

>>8675
"What a nice kid. I really need a shower now."

 No.8678

>>8677
I need to get food, but I can still play some more.
We're not that bad.
>Epic spells like the @$$ end of a swamp hydra.

 No.8679

>>8676
>>8676
>>8677
>>8678
"Yeah, we should head on back to the inn and see if we can get a bath there."

They head on back to their room which had one bathroom so one pony at a time.

Ready for some immersive chatting?

 No.8680

(I need to stop myself. It was fun.)

 No.8681

>>8680
Thats okay tomorrow we'll start to make our way to Canterlot.

 No.8682

We play later then.

 No.8683

File: 1502203917421.jpg (67.92 KB, 449x599, 449:599, eternal_love_fantasy_key_2….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Alright Goys, time to go ahead and start a new day.

Morning rose after yesterdays dried well fiasco, the party was able to get a bath and a good nights rest at the inn. Now that they had woken up, it was now time to go and head out to Canterlot. Will they find this scholar he used to dive into dungeons? Will they learn what this golden key does? They will just have to press on and find out.

As for now they were in the market area of the Galloping Horse, they had a chance to buy supplies before they hit the road. Perhaps some sort of weapon or armor or even something for utility would be best to have right now.

 No.8684

>>8683
sorry, didn't know we we're continuing!
>Epic didn't really need supplies but was looking around anyway, thinking of buying something for his friends back home.

 No.8685

>>8684
Oh yeah, we still have a long ways to go for this campaign

Critical was hanging close to the party, tired from awaking so early in the morning so he mostly stayed quiet.

While Epic was looking around, he did find an interesting stand. A bunch of jewelry being on it and more notably was a golden brush used to brush pets. Surely Fluttershy would enjoy this as a sort of souvenir.

 No.8686

>>8685
Oooh… How much for this pet brush?

 No.8687

>>8685
He was met with a female trader that was running this stall. She was a bit old but she did enjoy her work with the jewelry stand she ran.

"That gold brush," she said, "Why this will cost you say… 150 bits."

The entire brush was made of gold except for the brush's fiber that were made out of soft, silk like barbs that even Opalescense would be impressed.

Right now Epic had 190 bits.

 No.8688

>>8687
240฿ by my stat page.
>Epic had limite dunderstanding the value of the bit, was it too expensive of a present to get somefor who is a friend?

 No.8689

>>8688
Hm, maybe I forgot to add something.

Epic actually had 240 bits.

Critical looked at Epic and looked at the brush confusedly. "A brush? we don't