[ home ] [ pony / rp / canterlot ] [ arch ]

/rp/ - Roleplay

Cutie Mark Crusader Clubhouse
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

[Return][Go to bottom]

 No.5982[Last 50 Posts]

File: 1477326916263.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Roll up a hero if you want to join, you find the rules here: >>5083

THE DIVING BELL
—————
On the west coast of the Middenrealm - at the Sea of the Seven Winds - lies Havena, an old town with a deep history. A town that once was in size only to Middenrealm capital of Gareth but centuries ago was devastated by a tidal wave. Most say it was divine punishment for a sacrilege caused by its inhabitants. Pestilence followed the flood, then the orcs came, and for the longest time the glory days of Havena were a thing of the past.

Today though Havena is once again of the largest cities of the Realm and a hub for trade with all different countries. And yet, when the inhabitants look out to the west they can still see ruins of sunken parts of the city. Only the most daring venture there and test their luck, to find treasures and old wisdom in the sunken, crumbled buildings. Many never return.

But what you see right now is a tankard of ale and maybe a hot meal. You are a tavern in the more rugged parts of town, where seamen tell their tales and song and laughter are to be had.


IMPORTANT:
———-
Any form of magic with the exception of healing magic is forbidden in Havena!


(Game will start tomorrow or in the days after, depening on how many join the fun.)

 No.5983

(Could of told me on Stea you had this up.)

>Was talking to his friend Naz, whom he is unsure why he is with him in Javena.
So why are we here? Holiday?

 No.5984

File: 1477381946588.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

>>5983  I'm just here for the ale.

 No.5985

File: 1477392932024.png (176.45 KB, 430x404, 215:202, pinkie155.png) ImgOps Google

>>5983
>>5984
"What can I get you two?" the waiter asked, carrying several tankards with beer to another table.

"We have some fresh roasted fish too, the best in all of Havena." he added, not without pride.

 No.5986

>>5985  I'll try some of your local brew

 No.5987

>>5985
Fish and Chips would be nice.

 No.5988

File: 1477412614749.gif (2.53 MB, 537x497, 537:497, pinkie185.gif) ImgOps Google

>>5986
A few minutes later the innkeeper returns with a full mug of local brew and a some fish with thickly sliced roasted vegetables, placing both on the small, round table.

"That'll be 1 copper for the brew and 4 copper for the fish. Sorry, Sir, we got not 'chips'. Potatos are imported and way too expensive."

A group of sailors enter and they head straight for the counter where they get some beer. Soon they start to sing and laugh and everyone has a good time.

As you look around the inn you notice several fisher nets strung across the ceiling and a huge ship's anchor hangs on a wall.

 No.5989

File: 1477412919202.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5988
> hands over a copper, sips his ale, and listens to the songs
not bad…

 No.5990

>>5989
>roll for Intuition -2

 No.5991

>>5990  1d20 - 2 = 3!

 No.5992

File: 1477413344363.png (210.9 KB, 200x200, 1:1, bg85.png) ImgOps Google

>>5991
You notice an old man, probably 70 years old, looking like a pirate from a picture book. He has an eyepatch, oily, thin hair hangs into his face and he sips his beer quietly, scanning the room.

Now and then you notice his eye resting on you for just a moment.

 No.5993

File: 1477413605266.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>5992
> grumbles and keeps an eye on the old man

 No.5994

>>5993
What is it Naz?

 No.5995

File: 1477414179381.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>5994  There's a man over who looks a bit fishy.
> nods in the man's direction

 No.5996

File: 1477414220509.gif (246.12 KB, 300x300, 1:1, rimshot.gif) ImgOps Google

>>5995
Well yeah, he's a fisherman.

 No.5997

File: 1477414371112.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>5996  Did you just assume his occupation?  wow…  just wow…

 No.5998

>>5997
Since when was it a crime to assumes someones job?

>Drinks his water muttering.
At least you never been mistaken for a girl before.

 No.5999

File: 1477414441401.png (713.36 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, bg87.png) ImgOps Google

>>5994
>>5995
>>5996
>The people at the next table cringe at Vitis' joke and decide to move their chairs a bit further way.

Just as you look at the old man he finished his beer with a big gulp and slowly but surely heads in your direction, wiping over his nose. At last, he stands at your table and pulls a chair over.

"Well met, lads… hope you don't bother if an old sailor has a seat? Listen fellows, I've been watching you and I like yer faces… honest, hard working. I got an offer for you, a good deal."

 No.6000

File: 1477414598027.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5998  That is true!  har har har…
>>5999  hrm…  *gulps the rest of his ale*  no harm in hearing him out.  Go on then…

 No.6001

>>5999
>To the people who decided to move away from Vitis.
Well if you guys know better fish puns, let minnow.

>>5999
>>6000
He probably want us to help find some treasure deep in some dungeons… or buried on an island.

 No.6002

>>6001
> cringes at the joke and also moves his chair further away from Vitis
>>5999  so about that deal…

 No.6003

File: 1477414880844.png (60.6 KB, 204x188, 51:47, bg86.png) ImgOps Google

>>6001
>They cringe, finish their meals and quickly leave the tavern.

>>6000
>>6001
"Treasure, eh? Perhaps… perhaps not. What I got 'ere…" he puts an expensive looking box (about the size of a shoe box) on the table "… is the legacy of ol' Captain Gondor. And it'll be yours, for just a measly silver piece."

 No.6004

>>6003
>Looks at the grubby old box and wasn't convinced of it's legitimacy.
I thought I was the one with the jokes this evening.

 No.6005

>>6004
>roll for Intelligence

 No.6006

>>6005
d10 = 9

 No.6007

>>6006
>the box is well made and has some beautifully crafted inlays - it i easily worth 4 silver pieces

 No.6008

>>6007
Even if it is some sort of valued treasure, why sell it?

 No.6009

File: 1477415273700.png (713.36 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, bg87.png) ImgOps Google

>>6008
"'Tis no joke, young lad. I'd ask for a gold piece… but you look like you would need some luck in life, and you two aren't an old fart like me. An' like I said, I like your faces. Dunno if it's treasure inside or not - but if you give me that silver it's yours and you can make the best out of it."

 No.6010

>>6009
>Vitis thought this guy was more shifty than Naz lead on.

 No.6011

>>6009
>>6008
hrm…  What do you think?

 No.6012

File: 1477415479720.png (60.6 KB, 204x188, 51:47, bg86.png) ImgOps Google

>>6010
>>6011
"Cautious, eh? Not the stupidest thing to be… but it ain't poisoned or rigged…!" he opens the little box with a key that was stuck in its lock and opens it without showing you what was inside, then closes it again and locks it. "See? Didn't blow up."

 No.6013

>>6011
Hm,I think he could be trying to pass on a cursed object or something?  Imean if there really is treasure to be had in all this then why just give it away? For all we know we may end up in the ocean half-drowned over it.

>>6012
It's not some common trap that I am cautious about. Heck me and my friend been to places with cursed objects, maidens trapped from time and a house made of evil wood that absorbs a mans essence.

Theres more to all this isn't there?

 No.6014

File: 1477415880833.png (210.9 KB, 200x200, 1:1, bg85.png) ImgOps Google

>>6013
"Naturally… but it ain't cursed. Though some superstitoius seamen might say so - not the box mind you, but it's former owner, Captain Gondor. Balderdash it is… you young lads don't believe in such nonsense, don't you? Not unless you've seen with your own eyes, eh?"

He sighs.

"But I'll cut you a deal, alright? 9 copper pieces, just for you lads. What's inside ain't worth anything to me cause I'm old and can barely walk for a few minutes before my old bones ache.

If you're scared of curses, find a priest and he'll assure you it ain't."

 No.6015

>>6014
Hm…  What you think Naz? You want to buy something that probably has some old pirates curse?

 No.6016

>>6015  as far as curses go, couldn't be any worse than an elf who's cursed with a terrible sense of humor  har har…  sure, 9 copper ain't bad.

 No.6017

File: 1477416298036.png (210.9 KB, 200x200, 1:1, bg85.png) ImgOps Google

>>6015
>>6016
He smiles and rubs his hands, pushing the box towards you.

"Then we got a deal, lads. The box and what's inside is yours."

He holds out a hand, awaiting his payment.

 No.6018

>>6016
Alright, but if we end up somewhere underneith the ocean with Efferd himself screaming his worst at us, I'm personally holding the blame against you.

>>6017
I can give six copper, my friend perhaps sport the rest.

 No.6019

>>6017
> hands over 3 copper
>>6018  fair enough

 No.6020

File: 1477416657115.png (713.36 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, bg87.png) ImgOps Google

>>6018
>>6019
He pats you both on the back, then slowly walks over to the bar and orders a large mug of beer which he drinks in one long sip.

 No.6021

>>6020
Hey wait, what was the story of Captain Gondor? What happened to him?

 No.6022

File: 1477417044743.png (210.9 KB, 200x200, 1:1, bg85.png) ImgOps Google

>>6021
"Heck if I know… he died, a long time ago, that I know. Whether he remained on sea or died on land, I don't know."

 No.6023

File: 1477417101781.png (57.81 KB, 945x945, 1:1, Epic Mount shrug.png) ImgOps Google

>>6022
OK then. Not the best shanty I've heard but alright.

 No.6024

>>6023  Well, let's take a look inside…

 No.6025

>>6024
A'ight.
>Opens the box.

 No.6026

File: 1477417425968.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>6023
>>6024
>>6025
The sailor finishes his bear and with a smile on his face he departs.

As you turn the small key in the lock the box opens! Inside is…

- a big iron key
- a letter

 No.6027

>>6026
>Read letter

 No.6028

File: 1477417520011.png (107.48 KB, 1296x838, 648:419, zork1_mailbox_letter.png) ImgOps Google

>>6026
> read letter

 No.6029

(BRB, need to do some shopping)

 No.6030

>>6027
>>6028
Dear finder of this box.

When you hold this jewel case in hands I have already died. You shall be my heir and savior.

My name is - or rather was - Gondor Lhimwigg. I hailed from Havena where I owned a small house. You can open it with the key in this box. I owned the ship "Trident" and I was its captain.

This shall all be yours if you help me to find peace in Efferd's (God of the Sea) realm.

A long time ago when I was young and foolish, my believe in the Gods was not yet adamant. I got ensnared by the wicked words of false priests and in their name I broke into the temple of Efferd in Havena to steal its valuables. But that fateful night Efferd himself was present. I knew my final hour was at hand.

But Efferd had other plans with me. He ordered me to rob artefacts from the temples of the Nameless God, enemy of the Twelve, and bring them to the Efferd temple in Havena. My soul was only allowed peace once this was accomplished.

That is why I beg you, find my treasure and bring it to the Efferd temple in Havena!

Of course, you do not know where to look. But Efferd allowed me to give you a hint: Only a good friend can keep a secret safe.

If you bring my treasure to the Efferd temple you will find there the deed to my house and an adequate sum for your troubles.

Good luck!

 No.6031

>>6030  hmmm…  So where's this Efferd temple?

 No.6032

>>6031
>roll for Intelligence

 No.6033

>>6032  1d20 = 11!

 No.6034

>>6033
You haven't seen the temple of Havena yet but normally the temple of Efferd is at a river or near the sea.

 No.6035

Well, shall we go find the temple then?
(going to be afk for a while)

 No.6036

>>6030
Hm, I bet he has some sort of safe at his home. Perhaps under a picture of a friend or something.

I'd say we look there fir- Wait if the old man has read this letter before us, why give us the box knowing where to look?

 No.6037

>>6036
>roll for Intelligence

 No.6038

>>6037
d10 = 7

 No.6039

>>6038
>No doubt he examined the house but whatever was needed to do there or further on, he eventually got stuck in his search and gave it up.

 No.6040

>>6039
>While that was Vtitis most logical guest, he was still unsure about all this.

Alright, I'll check the home. If you want to find this temple then that will save us time.

 No.6041

File: 1477420802151.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>6040
>Now you only need to find out where he lived.

 No.6042

>>6041
>Calls out to the bar.
anyone knows where I can find the Efferd Priest around here?

 No.6043

File: 1477421159911.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6042
The music was so loud that he could barely be heard. You have to shout louder.

>roll for Strength -5

 No.6044

>>6043
FUS RO DAH!
d20 - 5 = 9

 No.6045

File: 1477421787571.jpg (111.43 KB, 421x336, 421:336, pinkie125.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6044
The innkeeper hears your shout and walks on over with several mugs.

"Yes, yes, I'm coming. Another drink?"

 No.6046

>>6045
Actually, I would like to know if you know where I can find the Efferd Temple and it's priests? Or very least the home of Captain… uh, Captain Gondor or someone.

 No.6047

File: 1477422134084.png (129.68 KB, 384x383, 384:383, pinkie87.png) ImgOps Google

>>6046
"Gondor… oh, well, I don't know where he lived. But, I can tell you how to get to the temple. Which one? There are two Efferd temples in town. One in upper town and the Old Temple down at the haven."

 No.6048

>>6047
Uh, where are they both?

 No.6049

File: 1477422293320.png (275.86 KB, 532x353, 532:353, pinkie109.png) ImgOps Google

>>6048
He thoroughly explains you how to get to the Old Temple which is actually rather close by, just a 10 minutes walk.

He is not quite so sure about the one in upper town though, only that it must be somewhere around the Prince's palace.

 No.6050

>>6049
Well thank you. I'll check the Old Temple.

 No.6051

>>6050
>roll for Intelligence -4 to remember the way explained to you

 No.6052

>>6051
Shouldn't be too hard to follow exact instructions given to me in recent minutes.
d20 - 4 = 1

 No.6053

(sorry but I'll stop there for now, got connection issues - I'll post again later)

 No.6054

File: 1477423214165.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>6052
After ten minutes you indeed reach the temple of Efferd. Being about 1600 years old it is one of the oldest temples in all of Aventuria.

The entrance is adorned by two dolphin reliefs, the floor is made of marmoreal tiles. The prayer room is separated from the inner sanctum by heavy green-bluish curtains. The sanctum has a blue colored glass cupola. In the middle of the room is a big bowl placed on a marmoreal block, adorned with dolphins. In the bowl is Efferd’s sacred water.

 No.6055

>>6054
Fancy.
>Looks around for a priest.

 No.6056

File: 1477424331880.png (192.69 KB, 531x526, 531:526, luna22.png) ImgOps Google

>>6055
There were quite a few priests about and a good number of people were silently praying or making offerings to Efferd.

A middle aged priest approached Vitis at last, somewhat surprised to see an elf in the temple. "Efferd with you. Are you here to making offerings to the God of the Sea?" she asked, clad in a green-bluish robe.

 No.6057

>>6056
Oh uh, yeah, sure.
>Generously gives him 10 silver.
May Efferd keep me dry.

I also came looking for some information, about a man named Captain Gondor.

 No.6058

File: 1477424695792.gif (2.96 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, luna26.gif) ImgOps Google

>>6057
She bows, accepting the offering. "That is very gracious of you, thank you."

"Gondor? Is that his full name? We have a register with names of all captains docking in Havena and the ships they sailed, reaching back several centuries. It is still updated today."

 No.6059

>>6058
Hm, I'm not sure of his full name. All we know of him is that he upset Efferd himself at one point. All I know of his story is that Efferd did some blasphemy so Efferd had him steal from the temple of the Forbidden God and take the treasure to this temple… or maybe the other temple, I don't know.

 No.6060

>>6059
*Gondor did some blasphemy

 No.6061

d20 + 3 = 8

 No.6062

File: 1477425148851.png (138.7 KB, 407x407, 1:1, luna28.png) ImgOps Google

>>6059
"Ah, you mean Gondor Lhimwigg… I haven't heard of that name in quite a while. Follow me."

She leads Vitis to a large room were dozens upon dozens of book are kept. The air is moldy and there is no light at all. The priestess epxlains to you that Efferd is no friend of fire and as such the most conservative temples do not allow flames - whether it be candle or lantern - at all in their halls.

She takes a small blue stone out of her pocket. It is perfectly round, the size of a child's fist and glows in a relative bright bluish light.

 No.6063

>>6062
I can abrely remember his first name let alone his whole name. Then again I know my name elf name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue to humans.

It makes sense, Given water extinguishes fire.

 No.6064

File: 1477425390913.png (71.92 KB, 279x294, 93:98, luna32.png) ImgOps Google

>>6063
"Quite. Some temples do not even allowed cooked food in their halls. Cold fish soup is quite… something." she shudders and shakes her head before having a seat at a nearby table, gathering several books.

"This will take a bit."

 No.6065

>>6064
Can you not heat food with sunlight or lens. Surely Praios and Efferd are friends?

And glass is like solid water with a bit of imagination.

 No.6066

File: 1477425749956.jpg (8.45 KB, 299x168, 299:168, luna40.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6065
"You cannot make water boil with sunlight and a lens. Besides, the cold fish soup it pleases Efferd… or something." she rolls her eyes and sticks her nose in the book, turning page after page before putting it away and taking another, blowing away the dust.

"This one is a good 30 years old… should be the right time."

 No.6067

(Probably turns out the treasure Captain Gondor stole from the Forbidden God wa sa microwave oven.)

 No.6068

>>6067
(that'd be a twist)

 No.6069

>>6066
You should look up the kind of fish dishes they have in the far East. They eat their fish raw over there, so I've heard.

But yes. I would like to know where he lives.

 No.6070

File: 1477426061216.png (35.01 KB, 390x390, 1:1, luna41.png) ImgOps Google

>>6069
"I prefer lobster anyway… it's crunchy."

She points at a page.

"There he is, Gondor Lhimwigg, captain of the Trident. He lived in the Wet Land district, central northern part of town. I'll note down the address for you."

 No.6071

>>6070
Always wanted to try lobster… preferably cooked. But would hate to waste the whole thing if it turns out I won't like it.

Thank you.

 No.6072

File: 1477426214658.png (192.69 KB, 531x526, 531:526, luna22.png) ImgOps Google

>>6071
"You're welcome. I have to return to my duties now though. I'll see you out."

 No.6073

>>6072
Thanks.

>Was escourted out.
She was nice. I hope she'll find a more food she'll enjoy.

Anyway…
>Goes back to Nazom.

 No.6074

>>6073
>roll for Intelligence -4 to find your way back to the tavern

 No.6075

>>6074
(I can't remember if Naz has the key or not.)

d20 = 11

 No.6076

File: 1477426563370.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6075
(you haven't decided who took the box and its contents)

You almost lose the way but find your way back to the tavern afer all. Nazom was still there.

 No.6077

>>6076
Hey Nazom! I know where to go.

 No.6078

File: 1477426903760.png (209.63 KB, 1280x864, 40:27, twi270.png) ImgOps Google

(I'm off to bed. Maybe we can continue tomorrow. Night night!)

 No.6079

(G'night)

 No.6080

File: 1477435874971.jpg (28.24 KB, 467x350, 467:350, dwarf_by_art_anon-d51gpjf.….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6077  Well that was fast!
> finishes off another pint
thought I'd have time for at least 3 more…

 No.6081

File: 1477490903376.png (251.01 KB, 1092x626, 546:313, twi251.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6082

File: 1477500734019.jpg (59.99 KB, 480x480, 1:1, 13740995_273302416379627_5….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6080
Figures, I get stuff done while you're drinking away.

We need to go to the Wet Land district at the central northern part of town.

 No.6083

(I've roughly sketched out Vitis, need to draw Naz. I'm going with a cartoon approach since drawing them normally makes them appear too stereotypical.

Need to settle on Naz' apeprance.)

 No.6084

(Sorry I'm just not in a very RP mood right now.  Feel free to go on without me.)

 No.6085

>>6084
(I figured, sorry about what's happening to your dog. =( )

 No.6086

File: 1477600252314.png (489.74 KB, 800x589, 800:589, img-3547730-1-stand_firm_b….png) ImgOps Google

>>6085  (thank you)

 No.6087

(Sorry about your dog and your dad ⛵.)

 No.6088

File: 1477652049127.jpg (143.51 KB, 945x945, 1:1, hh19.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.6095

>>6082
Hey Naz, you alright?

 No.6096

File: 1478020169839.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>6095
Naz grumbles and finishes his pint before getting up, ready to find that house of Captain Gondor.

 No.6097

>>6096
Alright, I have the address. Let's head off to his place.
>Goes.

 No.6098

>>6097
>a simple roll of Intelligence -4 to find the place in question

 No.6099

>>6098
I got the address right here. Wet Land district, central northern part of town. A Priest at the Water Temple gave it to me.

 No.6100

>>6099
>and yet there are a good hundred houses in that district alone and you can get lost easily, even on the way to the district

 No.6101

>>6100
(Alright, I'll roll. Given at times I have trouble identifying my own front door from my neighbours identical homes.)

d20 - 4 = 12

 No.6102

File: 1478020908454.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6101
You take quite a detour over the dike in the western part of town but eventually you get there.

The Wet Land district wealthy and poor people live close to each other. And while there are certain worse places to be now and then daring thieves and robbers from the closeby Orc-Village district move in to make an easy coin.

At last though you stand in front of Captain Gondor Lhimwigg's old home.

A small, two-storey building that certainly ahs seen better days. All shutters are shut tightly and so is the door.

 No.6103

>>6102
>Looks under the doormat, or under the nearby platpot.

 No.6104

File: 1478021066316.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6103
There is an old, cracked plant pot closeby. You look under it but there is nothing to be found.

 No.6105

>>6104
Oh wait! Naz, did you have the key?

 No.6106

File: 1478021208531.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6105
Nazom rolls his eyes and produces the key that came with the box and letter and sticks it into the key hole. It fits perfectly and with a creak the door opens.

 No.6107

>>6106
Jeeze, attitude? Anyway let's find the thing and take it to the place.

 No.6108

File: 1478022058233.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>6107
As you enter a swall of old, moldy air greets you. There is dusty everywhere and every board creaks under your steps. A staircase leads further up.

The room itself is empty except for a stuffe fish on the wall.

 No.6109

>>6108
(Is it a singing fish?)

 No.6110

File: 1478022279076.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6109
While the stuffed fish looks just like this one, unfortunately it does not appear to be of the singing variety!

 No.6111

There are also two doors in the room.

 No.6112

Hm, wanna check each door seperately Naz?

 No.6113

File: 1478023066221.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6112
Nazom agrees, you could never know where an important clue or some valuable trinket might be hidden.

 No.6114

>>6113
>Checks the door on the left.

 No.6115

File: 1478023370369.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>6114
You enter what appears to be the kitchen. There is dust and cobwebs everywhere.

There's an old fireplace with a pile of old wood in it. Old boards with rusty cooking utensils that appear to be fall down at any moment as well as a kitchen cabinet with old pans and pots.

Nazom finds another door as well, opens it and reveals the broom closet with the eponymous broom and an empty barrel.

 No.6116

>>6030
>>6115
If I remember the leter correctly, says "Only a good friend can keep a secret safe". I'm guessing it might behind a picture of one of his friends.

>Looks around for any pictures of "friends".

 No.6117

File: 1478023909691.jpg (111.33 KB, 517x342, 517:342, twi195.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6116
There is one more room left downstairs, apparently the study of the captain.

There you see…

> a bookshelf with various thin books
> a writing desk
> a small commode
> three paintings on the wall

In the meantime, Nazom heads upstairs and you can feel dust trickling down from the ceiling.

 No.6118

>>6117
>Investigate the paintings.

 No.6119

File: 1478024775177.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>6118
The three paintings all show the same ship, the "Nahema". All paintings also have a small brazen plate with writing on it.

"For your birthday; from your friend Falkris Cuifinn."
"For your birthday; from your friend Oisin Quent."
"For your birthday; from your friend Idra Thorwist."

 No.6120

>>6119
>Checks behind the Falkris picture.

 No.6121

File: 1478025078026.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6120
You look behind all three portraits but there's just the bare wall behind them.

Would you like to check for hidden compartments?

>roll for Intuition

 No.6122

>>6121
Hm…
d20 = 5

 No.6123

File: 1478025331623.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6122
You give the wall a thorough look but there seems nothing hidden to be there.

 No.6124

>>6123
Oh well. Time to find this Nahema boat. Maybe this boat was his best friend… I guess?
>Looks for a ship in the bottle.

 No.6125

File: 1478025895812.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

"There's nothing up here!" You can hear Nazom's call from upstairs. "Just old rags and the bedroom."

 No.6126

>>6125
IS THERE ANY PHOTOS?OR ANYTHING "FRIEND" RELATED?

 No.6127

File: 1478027286397.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6126
"Nothing at all! Are you sure you searched everything?"

 No.6128

>>6127
Not everything…
>Investigates the commode.

 No.6129

>>6128
You discover several empty wine bottles, all very dusty and very old.

 No.6130

>>6129
Alcohol is the best friend of all humans… or was that dwarves?
>Checks for any secrets.

 No.6131

>>6130
>roll for Intuition -5

 No.6132

>>6131
d20 - 5 = 13

 No.6133

>>6132
You check every single glass bottle but there is nothing inside any of them. The commode itself seems to have no hidden compartments either.

 No.6134

>>6133
Damn.
>Checks everywhere else.

 No.6135

File: 1478028274721.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6134
You check the writing desk, finding old parchments, a little bottle with dried up ink.

And that only leaves the bookshelf.

>roll for Intelligence

 No.6136

>>6135
d20 = 3

 No.6137

File: 1478028411810.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>>6136
You find several old books covering topics like geography and sailing large ships.

But, maybe more interesting, you also find the diary of Gondor Lhimwigg!

 No.6138

>>6137
Nice. Perhaps I can learn more on where to find his thing.

 No.6139

>>6138
>will you read it right away?

 No.6140

>>6139
>Checks to see if it isn't boody-trapped or enchanted.

 No.6141

>>6140
>roll Intuition -7

 No.6142

>>6141
d20 - 7 = 3

 No.6143

>>6142
It seems perfectly alright. You don't locate anything that looks even remotely like a trap.

 No.6144

>>6143
Well, I'm not one to read other peoples diaries, but if it helps him find rest then I will need all the clues I can find.
>Goes ahead and reads the later recent pages.

 No.6145

File: 1478030683431.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>6144
You learn the following…

Lhimwigg was close to taking his own life after he had lost his wife and son in a naval accident.

He writes frequently about collecting unholy relics.

He finds a dog that follows him around everywhere. It died three years ago.

He frequently (once a week) meets his friends Falkris, Oisin and Idra in the tavern "Old Bog".

The last page simply reads… "Four together show the path to the only friend."

 No.6146

>>6145
Hmm… "Only a good friend can keep a secret safe. Four together show the path to the only friend."

I have a feeling the "four" are Falkris, Oisin, Idra and the dog. Maybe this safe is located at the Old Bog? But only three of his friends were there, doesn't say about him taking his dog with him.

 No.6147

File: 1478031085002.png (209.63 KB, 1280x864, 40:27, twi270.png) ImgOps Google

>>6146
(going to stop there for now)

 No.6148

>>6147
(Aw OK. Maybe Critical will join us or Naz will feel up to play with us next time.)

 No.6149

File: 1478187942902.png (251.01 KB, 1092x626, 546:313, twi251.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6158

OK continuing this… I'm going to see if what I am looking for is on the 'Nahema.

 No.6159

File: 1478631983932.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6158
'Nahema' was the name of the ship on the portraits you found.
>>6119

You cannot be quite sure whether it was an actual ship at all though. If it was, you'd need to find it.

 No.6160

>>6159
>I study the three pictures, looking for any identifiable scenery that can help me find where the boat is.
>Though my guess would be at the local docks.

 No.6161

>>6160
All three paintings show the same ship in a stormy sea, in the middle of an ocean.

While the pictures are not exactly identical it was at least made an apparent effort to make it appear that way. The name of the ship is shown prominently.

 No.6162

>>6161
Hm, someone must have taken this picture standing somewhere to get the name of the ship.

I guess I'll start looking at the docks.

 No.6163

File: 1478632428066.png (86.04 KB, 375x375, 1:1, spike15.png) ImgOps Google

>>6162
"Good plan…" grumbles Nazom who looked at the paintings, not liking the idea of water much. "We could also ask at that temple again."

 No.6164

>>6163
The temple only had records of sailours. I don't recall the priest saying anything about boats.

I don't like water as much as you do, but you did insist on taking up the quest. If you want to go ask around the temple while I'll check the docks thats fine. Eitherway neither of us wants to be waterlogged.

 No.6165

File: 1478632670250.png (114.84 KB, 365x360, 73:72, spike26.png) ImgOps Google

>>6164
"You didn't ask about boats either", he grumbled. "Alright, I'll go to that Efferd temple."

 No.6166

>>6165
I'll be off down to the docks to seek the… Dock Master or someone.

 No.6167

>>6166
Havena is quite big so you have to ask several people about the docks…

>roll for Charisma -2

 No.6168

>>6167
d20 - 2 = 4 (Or was it d10 - 2 = 2 ?

 No.6169

File: 1478633198209.jpg (111.33 KB, 517x342, 517:342, twi195.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6168
(No, d20-2 was right.)

You use your charms and easily find out that - just as with the Efferd temples - there's two docks. There is the Southern Haven and the smaller Nalleshof disctrict's haven.

 No.6170

>>6169
I'll check by the bigger dock first and ask around for the Dock Master who is in charge of coming and going boats.

 No.6171

File: 1478633611481.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>6170
You head to the Southern Haven where all the large ships from the sea arrive. Havena is actually several miles inward from the sea and the large ships have to go up the delta of the "Great River" - one of the longest rivers in Aventuria.

The smaller haven is mostly used to harbor ships that are travelling on the Great River itself, not the sea.

The Southern Haven is big, there are large storehouses and magazines directly at the pier.

>roll for Charisma -2 once more

 No.6172

Now to fidn the dock master…
d20 - 2 = 17

 No.6173

>>6172
You ask a shifty looking sailor with a shaggy beard who is busy chewing on some tobacco, eying you. He points you at a rather dark alleyway between two old, lopsided magazines: the quickest route to the captaincy office.

>roll for Intelligence

 No.6174

>>6173
Hm… dark alleyway where I could be mugged…
d10 = 2

 No.6175

>>6174
You think better than going there.

>ask for Charisma once more

 No.6176

>>6175
Yeah, no, come on, I'm trying to help a fellow sailour here. Do you know where the Dock Master is?
d10 = 1

 No.6177

File: 1478634161768.png (712.06 KB, 2560x1440, 16:9, guard2.png) ImgOps Google

>>6176
You ask one of the guards who promptly shows you the way to the large building you seek.

 No.6178

>>6177
Thank you sir.

>Enters the building.

 No.6179

File: 1478634355994.png (64.24 KB, 500x281, 500:281, photo13.png) ImgOps Google

>>6178
You have to wait for quite a bit till they give you an appointment with one of the clerks, a middle aged, bony woman with big glasses.

"How can I help you?"

 No.6180

>>6179
Hello, I'm looking for a boat of a deceased assosiate, I came to ask the dock master if he will help me find the boat.

 No.6181

File: 1478634663721.png (185.23 KB, 530x604, 265:302, photo21.png) ImgOps Google

>>6180
"The dock master is having important meetings. What boat are you looking for?"

 No.6182

>>6181
The Nahema. It may have property on it to be delivered to the Efferd Temple.

 No.6183

File: 1478634962196.png (196.9 KB, 715x484, 65:44, photo23.png) ImgOps Google

>>6182
"Nahema? Like that sorceress who lived in Havena?"

 No.6184

File: 1478635096252.png (63.94 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount pokerface.png) ImgOps Google

>>6183
Who?

All I know it's the name of the ship belonging to Captain Gondor Lhimwigg.

 No.6185

File: 1478635410460.jpg (28.42 KB, 306x312, 51:52, photo5.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6184
She points out of the window in the direction of the devasted, half sunken part of the city that was wrecked by the great flood centuries ago. The most prominent building in the foggy sea was a lopsided tower that stuck a few meters out of the water.

"That's Nahema's Tower where she lived. It's dangerous - or so they say. Perished in the great flood with most of the townsfolk. Others say she's still out there, alive and well."

 No.6186

>>6185
Hm… I guess I'll go look there if there is no ship called the Nahema in any docks in Havena.

 No.6187

File: 1478635654349.png (64.24 KB, 500x281, 500:281, photo13.png) ImgOps Google

>>6186
"Now hold on. I don't know every ship there is. Didn't say there might not have been one…"

She goes to a board full of leather folders and searches silently through them.

"How old is that ship?"

 No.6188

>>6187
Uh, I'm not sure., information on the late Captain Lhimwigg has been found just recently but I do not know the date of Lhimwiggs death… I should of asked at the Efferd Temple while I had the chance.

Hopefully his ship is not lost out at sea somewhere.

 No.6189

File: 1478635979631.png (108.51 KB, 434x434, 1:1, photo6.png) ImgOps Google

>>6188
She nods, barely listening as you cannot name her a date, busy skipping through several more folders…

"Ah, there it is. I thought the name sounded somewhat familiar at least when it came to ships… the Nahema, flagship of the Prince. It sank ten years ago, not far from the harbor if this documents are still correct."

 No.6190

>>6189
Sank… in the water.
>Sighs.
Well, thank you. I guess I can go check that building you mentioned.

 No.6191

File: 1478636162363.jpg (30.75 KB, 306x312, 51:52, photo4.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6190
"The building? You mean the tower? But… there's no entrance to it."

 No.6192

File: 1478636210338.png (63.94 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount pokerface.png) ImgOps Google

>>6191
No windows?

 No.6193

>roll for Intuition +3 to examine the tower by looking through the window

 No.6194

>>6193
Hmm…
d10 + 3 = 6

 No.6195

File: 1478636513364.jpg (111.33 KB, 517x342, 517:342, twi195.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6194
You can see that the tower has some very "thin windows" like arrow slits in what must have been the top floor. Way too small to get through.

 No.6196

File: 1478636722527.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>>6195
>Was starting to get annoyed and begins to rant.
Oh I see where this is going. Either I'm ending up at sea looking for a sunken ship, or the only entrance to that tower is under the docks.

Eitherway I refuse to get wet. Efferd knows I prefer the company of the ocean than to actually get wet.

 No.6197

File: 1478636818537.png (185.23 KB, 530x604, 265:302, photo21.png) ImgOps Google

>>6196
"Very prudent. The tower is supposed to be haunted so you'd be mad to go there. Some have tried and barely anyone ever makes it back. Is there anythinge else you require?"

 No.6198

>>6197
I'd rather explore a dangerous haunted tower than get dunked.

Besides not my first haunted tower I've explored… mayne this time around the tower will be intact.

Do you know where I can find… oh I should of noted their names… uh… Falkris Cuifinn… Oisin Quent and… uh Idra Thorwist…  Ithink that was there names.

They were assosiates of the captain.

 No.6199

File: 1478637012173.png (162.22 KB, 496x478, 248:239, photo2.png) ImgOps Google

>>6198
"Sorry, Sir, never heard of them."

 No.6200

>>6199
Well, OK.

Uh, are you sure you know of no one who has come back from the tower alive? My only limited options is to find the rogue guild and I'd rather not…
Or very least know where I can find a wizard who specialise in matter-phasing spells.

 No.6201

File: 1478637423201.jpg (28.42 KB, 306x312, 51:52, photo5.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6200
"Listen, it's just rumors. If you want to know more about that tower you have to ask in one of those taverns and inns at the harbor. That's where those treasure hunters who dare going into the sunken city hang out now and then."

 No.6202

>>6201
Sunken City?

 No.6203

File: 1478637500839.png (196.9 KB, 715x484, 65:44, photo23.png) ImgOps Google

>>6200
"And magic is illegal in town!"

 No.6204

>>6203
Oh yeah, forgot that… darn.

Well if I want to stay high and dry, I guess I gotta find this tavern you mentioned and find someone who can get me into the tower.

 No.6205

File: 1478637569035.png (185.23 KB, 530x604, 265:302, photo21.png) ImgOps Google

>>6202
"Well, yes. That's what we call the western part of old Havena that was hit and destroyed by the great flood. Most of the old buildings are under water now. Of course not all, some are still on small islands, mostly in shambles."

 No.6206

>>6205
I wouldn't be suprise if the only way into that tower is through the Sunken City. So there must be another way in.

Question… let's say I drank a potion that gave me magical effects, say the ability to pass through walls… would that also be against local laws?

 No.6207

File: 1478637827313.png (162.22 KB, 496x478, 248:239, photo2.png) ImgOps Google

>>6206
"Alchemy is illegal as well. I'm no expert but I would say it is. Besides selling you one certainly would be.

Anyway, Sir, if you have no more ship related questions, I have other work to attend to."

 No.6208

>>6207
Alright, thank you.

>Leaves.
Sigh, if I donate and pray to Efferd anymore to remain dry, he'll probably cast me off to some faraway desert.

I guess I could try and find his friends before I forget their names…

 No.6209

File: 1478638248964.png (209.63 KB, 1280x864, 40:27, twi270.png) ImgOps Google

>>6208
Aaand… a good moment to stop.

 No.6210

File: 1480452101043.png (1.28 MB, 1122x860, 561:430, Crit's solution by Critica….png) ImgOps Google

Critical Hit are you around?
(I bolded yiour name so it be easier for you to notice it.)

 No.6229

File: 1483644170045.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

I think it's time the adventure continued at last.

 No.6230

Load game ◀

Where did we last left off?

 No.6231

File: 1483644503245.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>6230
You were at the harbor, getting some general information about 'Nahema'. She was a famous and dangerous sorceress who lived in a tower. The tower is in the Sunken City, only the top floor sticking out of the water with no apparant way in.

Also, there's a ship named after her which sunk several years ago, not far from the harbor.

 No.6232

>>6231
And there was this captain invlved because of his written will or something…

 No.6233

File: 1483644755143.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6232
Right, captain Gondor Lhimwigg.

You searched his home where you found his diary and three paintings he received as gifts from his friends. All three pantings showed the ship "Nahema".

The names of the friends are:
- Falkris Cuifinn (m)
- Oisin Quent (m)
- Idra Thorwist (f)

And why do you bother? Because he wrote a letter which you have!

 No.6234

>>6233
The Letter:


Dear finder of this box.

When you hold this jewel case in hands I have already died. You shall be my heir and savior.

My name is - or rather was - Gondor Lhimwigg. I hailed from Havena where I owned a small house. You can open it with the key in this box. I owned the ship "Trident" and I was its captain.

This shall all be yours if you help me to find peace in Efferd's (God of the Sea) realm.

A long time ago when I was young and foolish, my believe in the Gods was not yet adamant. I got ensnared by the wicked words of false priests and in their name I broke into the temple of Efferd in Havena to steal its valuables. But that fateful night Efferd himself was present. I knew my final hour was at hand.

But Efferd had other plans with me. He ordered me to rob artefacts from the temples of the Nameless God, enemy of the Twelve, and bring them to the Efferd temple in Havena. My soul was only allowed peace once this was accomplished.

That is why I beg you, find my treasure and bring it to the Efferd temple in Havena!

Of course, you do not know where to look. But Efferd allowed me to give you a hint: Only a good friend can keep a secret safe.

If you bring my treasure to the Efferd temple you will find there the deed to my house and an adequate sum for your troubles.

Good luck!

 No.6235

There was also Gondor's diary in which you learned:

- Lhimwigg was close to taking his own life after he had lost his wife and son in a naval accident.

- He writes frequently about collecting unholy relics.

- He finds a dog that follows him around everywhere. It died three years ago.

- He frequently (once a week) meets his friends Falkris, Oisin and Idra in the tavern "Old Bog".

- The last page simply reads… "Four together show the path to the only friend.

 No.6236

>>6234
I remember looking around his home for a literal safe, which I pressume was hidden behind a picture of his friends or something. I guess it could be on the ship Nahema.

Why am I going to this tower again?

 No.6237

File: 1483645084982.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6236
I don't know. It bears Nahema's name. Maybe there's something there. Or maybe it's a red herring.

 No.6238

>>6237
I'm sure I had logical reasons for most things… though I recall Vitis feeling fate had him rather forced to go to the tower.

I recall he gave offerings asking Efferd to not get him too wet.

 No.6239

File: 1483645405989.png (585.8 KB, 620x679, 620:679, Efferd.png) ImgOps Google

>>6238
>this pleases Efferd

 No.6240

File: 1483645407447.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6241

>>6239
As long as I am kept at optimal water levels on the inside I'm dandy.

>>6240
Where have you been Naz?

 No.6242

File: 1483645607747.jpg (28.24 KB, 467x350, 467:350, dwarf_by_art_anon-d51gpjf.….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6241  the tavern of course!  where have you been?  (where are you?)

 No.6243

>>6242
I'll tell you exactly where I have been…
>Vitis Vinifera explains everything.

 No.6244

File: 1483645723724.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6241
>>6242
You're both at the Havena port right now.

It's getting lat, the sun will set soon.

 No.6245

>>6244
Well, I don't wanna go treading water at night, especially with what I heard (or vaguely remember) about the sunken city.

 No.6246

File: 1483645986121.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6243  See, this is why I don't buy random boxes from old sailors…  Well, what's your plan?

 No.6247

File: 1483646154511.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>>6246
Me? If I recall it was you who wanted to buy the box! >>6016 I was against it to begin with! >>6018
Now I'm the only one trying to do this dead guy a favour while you're hanging around taverns getting kegged!

 No.6248

File: 1483646381657.png (2.25 KB, 180x180, 1:1, avatar78425_1.gif.png) ImgOps Google

>>6247  That's ancient history.  Someone had to keep watch over the tavern - keep a look out for any suspicious activity.  Plus, I'm sure you've been doing a fine job at whatever it was you were doing.  for an elf.

 No.6249

Please both of you roll for Intelligence.

 No.6250

File: 1483646454067.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>6249  1d20 = 14!

 No.6251

>>6248
"For an elf" sure… I can put my trust in any dwarf to secure a taverns floor.

>>6249
d20 = 16

 No.6252

File: 1483646638090.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6250
>>6251
And you both failed the roll… no smart ideas come to your minds at this time. Maybe you should just sleep over things.

 No.6253

File: 1483646776225.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>6251  speaking of which…
>>6252  I'm going to head back for another pint or twelve!

 No.6254

>>6253
For pete sake…
>Goes off in a huff to wherever they were sleeping for tonight.

 No.6255

File: 1483646954557.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>6253
>>6254
>takes a 1 silver piece for the room charge and fast-forwards to the next day

It's morning! A cold breeze is blowing but it looks like it's going to be a nice day.

 No.6256

>Vitis woke up and looks over to the ocean. He can see the sunken city and gulped a bit.

>He was not afraid of water, just doesn't like the idea of going deep into it.

 No.6257

File: 1483647108556.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6255
> gets up off the floor and scratches his beard
ah, so refreshed.
> goes to find something to eat then catches up with Vitis

 No.6258

File: 1483647190900.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>6257
You notice your funds are more than low. You only have four copper pieces left of which you spend one for breakfast.

 No.6259

>>6257
>>6258
>Vitis ofcourse was loaded and browsed the menu for breakfasts.

 No.6260

File: 1483647370287.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

>>6258
> grumbles
>>6259  any bright ideas?

 No.6261

>>6260
I'm thinking a few sausages, eggs, hash browns… no mushrooms or tomatoes.

 No.6262

File: 1483647436917.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6259
Browse as you may, there's only one breakfast, it's a thick corn soup. One copper.

 No.6263

File: 1483647471205.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6261
>>6262
you thought wrong

 No.6264

Time for another intelligence roll!

 No.6265

>>6263
Ugh, for starters, find a place serving a propper brekfast.

 No.6266

File: 1483647626672.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>6264  1d20 = 11

 No.6267

d20 = 9
(I might take awhile to post as I am eatting birthday steak.)

 No.6268

File: 1483647897683.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6266
>>6267
The goodnight's sleep, the fresh air and the thick soup have sharpened your wits!

You remember captain Gondor's trio of friends… he used to meet them at the "Old Bog" tavern. And they actually should still be alive. Why not meet them? Maybe they know something.

 No.6269

>>6268
I'm gonna go find this Tavern to look for the Captains friends.

 No.6270

File: 1483648052972.jpg (276.96 KB, 738x550, 369:275, DF.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6267
>>6268
to a tavern you say?  oh boy.  my area of expertise.  Let's go.

 No.6271

>>6270
*Rolls eyes and sets off*

 No.6272

File: 1483648113020.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>6269
>>6270
As you don't know where that tavern is you need to ask around.

Roll for Charisma -2!

 No.6273

>>6272  1d20 - 2 = 9
> asks around

 No.6274

>>6272
d20 - 2 = 4 (Though will follow Naz mostly.)

 No.6275

File: 1483648479614.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>6273
>>6274
Such a charismatic duo you two are!

You are at your best behaviour as you ask around and soon enough find yourself in the luxurious looking tavern "Old Bog". Luckily it only bears this name as the area it is located in is near the swampy river delta.

It is crowded with people even in the early hours of the day. Dandies and coxcombs of all ages and kinds are having a good time here, they seems the common costumers.

 No.6276

>>6275
I've seen what they look like at the captains place.
>Looks around.
If I spot them we can ask if we can chat with them.

 No.6277

>>6275
> jingles his few remaining coins together, goes to the bar to ask for a pint, then asks the barkeep
any idea where I can find [insert names here]?

 No.6278

File: 1483648773072.png (80.47 KB, 301x294, 43:42, pinkie92.png) ImgOps Google

>>6276
>roll for Intuition -1

>>6277
The barkeep fills a mug of with fresh and delicious dark brew. He takes one of the coins and listens as you recite the name from your memory.

"Hmm…. yes, I know them. They don't really come here anymore. I think one of their friends passed away. But I know where they live, if that is of any help to you."

 No.6279

>>6278
d20 - 1 = 3

 No.6280

File: 1483648928708.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6279
You look around but you do not see any familiar face in the tavern.

 No.6281

File: 1483648956664.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

>>6278  That'd be great; thanks what do I owe you for the information?
> takes a swig
good stuff right here.

 No.6282

File: 1483649069334.png (1.02 MB, 1606x791, 1606:791, pinkie179.png) ImgOps Google

>>6281
"Well… don't worry, the information is free. Glad you like the brew, I make it myself" The innkeeper says with a smile, beating his chest with pride.

"… but - why are you looking for them in the first place?"

 No.6283

>>6282  turns out their departed friend owes a favor to the gods, and my associate and I are trying to help put his soul to rest.  We might need his friends' help.

 No.6284

>Vitis wa sstill looking around, though trying not to give unwanted looks to the gruffer patreons,

 No.6285

>>6283
>roll for Charisma to make your story believable!

 No.6286

>>6285  1d20 = 3

 No.6287

File: 1483649474842.png (74.4 KB, 328x297, 328:297, pinkie39.png) ImgOps Google

>>6286
"Hum… that's quite a story. But… well, not harm can come from telling you where they live."

The innkeep explains you in detail where the trio lives. Their homes aren't even that far from here.

 No.6288

File: 1483649757230.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>6287  appreciate it
> downs his drinks and leaves an extra copper on the counter
>>6282  see?  got the information we needed.  let's go then.
> leads the way to [person #1's] house

 No.6289

>>6288
You leave together with Vitis and the last copper in your pockets. At least you had a good beer for the way.

After a few minutes of walking you reach a small but cosy looking cottage that even has a tiny garden in front of it. An old man of about 60 years stands in front with a pair of nails in his mouth and a hammer in hand, inspecting one a loose shutter.

 No.6290

>>6289  well, I got us here…
>>6284  I'm not sure why we're here though so I'll let you do the talking

 No.6291

>>6289
>Vitis decides to see where this is going, not wanting to startle the man and bang his thumb or something.

 No.6292

File: 1483650440908.png (218.83 KB, 529x820, 529:820, doc2.png) ImgOps Google

>>6291
He took a hammer lying on the window sill and began repairing the shutter which took him a few minutes. Once he was done he swiped over his brow when finally noticing the odd duo of an elf and a dwarf just standing there, staring at him.

"Um… yes?"

 No.6293

>>6292
Hi, need help there?

 No.6294

File: 1483650626894.png (91.41 KB, 450x334, 225:167, doc6.png) ImgOps Google

>>6293
"Well, a few minutes ago. I'm done repairing my shutters."

 No.6295

>>6294
If I may ask, were you friends with an old sea captain? His name was… ah, what was it… "Condor"? "Limwig"?…

 No.6296

File: 1483650850617.jpg (5.96 KB, 300x168, 25:14, doc9.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6295
"Gondor Lhimwigg? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while. But I'm afraid he passed away quite a few years ago. But yes, I used to be his friend. Falkris Cuifinn is my name. Used to be at sea with him for a while."

 No.6297

>>6296
Ah, so, can you confirm if this is his handwritting?
>Shows her the small box with the note.

 No.6298

File: 1483651256413.jpg (175.19 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, doc1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6297
He takes a look at the letter… "Um… I have no idea, pal. I never learened to read."

He seems in thought for a moment. "But that reminds me of something, now that you're here… Gondor gave me something. Said one day someone might come looking for him - after his death."

 No.6299

>>6298
Yeah! We're think he may want someone to help him with his will here and thats what we're trying to do.

 No.6300

File: 1483651599402.png (785.06 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, doc8.png) ImgOps Google

>>6299
"Wait here for a moment." He says before disappearing in his home. A few minutes pass before he returns again, carrying a large piece of wood that - after closer inspection - looks like a plank from ship.

"Here… this is what he gave me back then. You can have it if you like. There's some scratches and writing on it."

 No.6301

>>6300
>Takes a look at the wood.

 No.6302

File: 1483651867484.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6301
You see some markings on one side of the plank, just two or three lines that make little sense.

On the other side though letters have been scratched into the wood.

They read: "Not just the old tower bears her name."

 No.6303

>>6302
I'm guessing… it's mart of a map, or a puzzle?… I'm also guessing his other two friends also have pieces of wood.

Can you let me know where to find them?

 No.6304

File: 1483651969971.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6302  well that's interesting…
>>6300  Thank you sir.
>>6303  I already know where to find them; shall we?

 No.6305

>>6304
Oh OK.

>>6302
Falkris, did Gondor said anything about such scuffles in the Efferd Temples or having to steal treasure to save his soul? Surely he would share such things with friends.

 No.6306

File: 1483652154779.png (799.35 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, doc5.png) ImgOps Google

>>6304
"You're welcome… and - well, if you already know where they live. Just to warn you though, Idra Thorwist died a few years back. Poor gal never got over Gondor's death. But her son's alive and still lives at her place. Good luck to you two."

>>6305
"Efferd? No… but I know he went to odd places later in his day - but I wasn't on board with him anymore back then. He seemed gloomy at times but I can assure you that Gondor certainly is no smuggler or thief or anything of that sort!"

 No.6307

>>6306
Huh… curiouser. But thank you.

 No.6308

>>6306  Thanks
>>6307  Let's head to Idra's place then.

 No.6309

>>6308
Alright, maybe her next of kin lives there.

 No.6310

File: 1483652466446.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

I'll call it a day for now, it's getting late. But we made some progress there.

 No.6311

File: 1483652544493.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

thanks for starting it back up!

 No.6312

Yeah, nice to be playing again.

>>6311
Nice to have you back.

And I know Vitis is a bit rough on Naz, thats because he's partially hydrophobic.

Well, not hydrophobic, simply really doesn't want to get wet.

 No.6313

>>6312
He's not afraid of the water, just finds getting wet really uncomfortable and inconveniant.

 No.6314

File: 1483820138174.png (251.01 KB, 1092x626, 546:313, twi251.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6315

File: 1483820676937.png (43.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is lurking.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6316

File: 1483820891797.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google

>>6313  That's fine; no worries.  I figured it was just because he's an elf anyway.

 No.6317

File: 1483820970817.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

Alright, you got a plank from one of the friends of captain Gondor. What will you do next?

 No.6318

>>6316
Well, I imagine where he grew up is landlocked. He perhaps been to the seaside a few times, just not one to get wet.

If I did decide him to be hydrophobic, he'll need more reason than just being unfamiliar with large bodies of water.

 No.6319

File: 1483821169759.png (55.64 KB, 507x276, 169:92, batdwarf vs zombies.png) ImgOps Google

>>6317
>>6318
Let's go find the son and hope he's sympathetic to our cause.

 No.6320

>>6319
Alright, let's go find the decendant of that one friend who may have a piece of wood.

 No.6321

File: 1483821443622.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

> leads the way

 No.6322

File: 1483821472578.jpg (107.15 KB, 647x432, 647:432, brücke.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6319
>>6320
With the information from the innkeep of the "Old Bog" you set out to the eastern part of the big city of Havena.

You even get to marvel at the Princess-Emer-Bridge as you are required to cross it. The biggest bridge of the town and the entire Midden Realm; so big entire ships can pass underneath it.

 No.6323

>>6322
Woah…
>Looks over the bridge at the water.

 No.6324

File: 1483821757604.png (2.25 KB, 180x180, 1:1, avatar78425_1.gif.png) ImgOps Google

hey look down there…
> waits for Vitis to look down at the water then gives Vitis a bit of a shove (not enough to make him actually fall off)
> walks away, laughing and laughing and laughing…

 No.6325

File: 1483821811846.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6323
The bridge spans the Great River and as you gaze over it you see a large vessel rowing upwards the stream, passing under the bridge.

As you reach the other side you only need to go a little further, then you have reached the home of the late Idra Thorwist. It is a large multi-storey dwelling for the poorer people. Usually run down this one isn't, apparently having only been built recently.

 No.6326

>>6324
WAAGAGH! Son of a-
>Regains his composure.
I wonder if dwarves sink?

>>6325
>Was now on non-speaking terms with Naz as he goes to knock on the door.

 No.6327

File: 1483822164818.png (111.88 KB, 448x377, 448:377, spike1.png) ImgOps Google

>>6326
The building was loud, you could hear the sobbing of an infant from the next door. Somewhere in one of the flats crude songs were song and with a loud bang something falls over.

After a few knocks the door opens, a young man, probably about 19 years old, peeks out from the open crack. "Yeah?"

 No.6328

File: 1483822223102.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

>>6327
> coughs and ribs Vitis

 No.6329

>>6327
Hello squire, does Idra Thornwist live here?

 No.6330

File: 1483822334142.png (114.84 KB, 365x360, 73:72, spike26.png) ImgOps Google

>>6329
"You're a good ten years late, she's dead." He was about to close the door again.

 No.6331

File: 1483822513322.png (57.53 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is shocked.png) ImgOps Google

>>6330
W-wait… did she had any next of kin? Or anyone who knew Captain Gondor Lhimwigg?

 No.6332

File: 1483822743877.png (205.25 KB, 446x459, 446:459, spike33.png) ImgOps Google

>>6331
"Depends… what did you want from Idra?" He eyes the odd duo of an elf and a dwarf suspiscously.

Somewhere in the house a couple was quarreling, a woman cursing at the top of her lungs before a loud slap quieted her up. The child next door screamed louder.

 No.6333

>>6332
>Looks up to the source of the noise.
Is it difficult living here?

 No.6334

File: 1483823592793.png (111.88 KB, 448x377, 448:377, spike1.png) ImgOps Google

>>6333
"It's best sticking to ones own business in a place like this. When many of the poor and miserable live cramped up in one building this is just the daily life."

 No.6335

>>6334
This city is crazy… half the city is sunken, and- I'm sorry, I'm just a bit taken a back.

U-um, Are you the son of Idra? Or a close relative?

 No.6336

File: 1483823871818.png (275.27 KB, 725x681, 725:681, spike31.png) ImgOps Google

>>6335
"The city is like any other. It's one of the biggest of the realm and in such a place you can't just have sunshine around every corner.

I'm Geldor, her son. So, what did you want?"

 No.6337

>>6336
Perchance did she have anythingthat a man named Captain Gondor Lhimwigg gave her before his passing.

 No.6338

File: 1483824182562.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google

(back)

 No.6339

File: 1483824616357.png (86.04 KB, 375x375, 1:1, spike15.png) ImgOps Google

>>6337
"Gondor Lhimwigg? Never heard of him. My mother left me with a lot of junk and nicknacks. I've sold most of it long ago. What are you looking for in particular?"

 No.6340

>>6339
A piece of wood with wierd markings on it.

 No.6341

File: 1483824808462.png (181.23 KB, 640x360, 16:9, spike35.png) ImgOps Google

>>6340
"A piece of… I had some spare wooden boards at home. Used them all up to fixe a hole in the floor though last year."

 No.6342

>>6341
Uh, anything like this?
>Shows him the piece of wood they had so far.

 No.6343

File: 1483825029714.png (205.25 KB, 446x459, 446:459, spike33.png) ImgOps Google

>>6342
"Hm… yes, one just like that - among others. Let me check…" He closes the door before your nose only to return a few moments later. Yeah, I got a board with some odd scratches like those. It's part of my floor now."

 No.6344

>>6343
Ayy… hopefully not an impotrant part of the floor. And would understand if you're not too quick to part with it without something to help you get by in such a rough neighbourhood.

 No.6345

File: 1483825178051.png (218.92 KB, 1001x555, 1001:555, spike19.png) ImgOps Google

>>6344
"Well, I could get the board out again. But… what's in it for me?"

 No.6346

>>6345
With living in such a place, I'm more curious what you really want in life than just some coin.

 No.6347

File: 1483825380557.png (114.84 KB, 365x360, 73:72, spike26.png) ImgOps Google

>>6346
"Earn enough money to not live in a place like this anymore one day. But usually when you are born poor you stay poor."

 No.6348

>>6347
Not neccisarily, most legendary heroes began with humble beginings.

 No.6349

File: 1483825701547.png (214.53 KB, 486x546, 81:91, spike14.png) ImgOps Google

"In fairy tale books perhaps. Most heroes I've heard of are of nobility. Like our own Prince Cuano ui Bennain… or Raidri Conchobair, the greatest hero who lives. He's from Winhall, just a few days East of here. And he's a count. A poor one but a count nevertheless.

Anyway, do you want that board now or not?"

 No.6350

File: 1483825982253.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6349  Well, there might be some treasure in it if we can piece together the puzzle with your floorboard.  Come along with us for a share?  You've got nothing to lose.  and you can have the board back once we're done.

 No.6351

File: 1483826132290.png (123.15 KB, 480x360, 4:3, spike13.png) ImgOps Google

>>6350
"Treasure? Now… are you serious? Well, that's a different story."

He thinks for a moment, scratching his head. The infant next door has finally stopped screaming.

"Well, alright. You can have that board if you take me along."

 No.6352

>>6349
Him? A hero? Heck one time me and my buddy Naz here, we once saved a merchants son from a pack of bandits. And not long a go we fought some sort of interdimensional demon that drains the moisture out from victims, leaving them as husks. That was absolutely terrifying.

But me and Naz helped quite a few people, and we get to see more of this world that we've come to realise. Both it's beauty and it's misery.
>Looks around solemnly.

>>6350
Thats a good idea. And if Lhimwigg really is friend to Irna that left her in such a state, a share of that treasure should be yours. We're told that Idra cared for Lhimwigg. If this is true I doubt Lhimwigg would of wanted his friend and decendants to live in squallor.

 No.6353

File: 1483826296932.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>6352
>>6351
Geldor requires your help to get that floorboard out again.

>roll for Strength -4

 No.6354

>>6353
Whats your name kid?

>Attempts to remove the needed piece without breaking it or the floor.
d20 - 4 = 2

 No.6355

File: 1483826435824.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6353  1d20 - 4 = 6

 No.6356

File: 1483826564512.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>6354
"Like I said, my name is Geldor. Geldor Thorwist."

>>6354
>>6355
He lets you come inside and together you use your strength to rip that wooden board out of the floor.

Indeed there are some markings on one side - just like on the board you already got.

On the other side is writing: "Their gifts were different. But one thing was the same."

 No.6357

>>6356
Normally we, well I wouldn't just let anyone come with us… it will be dangerous, and perhaps very wet. I cannot promise you safety, but will do my best to look out for you.

I believe a taste of adventure will help you realise you don't have to stay here.

That and of course the treasure.

>>6356
>Takes out the other piece of wood and tries to allign up the markings.

 No.6358

File: 1483826912075.png (361.64 KB, 689x697, 689:697, spike3.png) ImgOps Google

>>6357
"Dangerous? Hopefully not. I can only fight with a club. I don't care about water though, I spent my whole life by the sea."

As you try to align the markings you realize that they indeed seem to line up just nicely. But you are not certain yet what they could mean.

 No.6359

File: 1483826982918.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>6357
>>6358
We need one more board to complete the inscription.  Get whatever you think you'll need and then let's get going.

 No.6360

>>6358
Don't worry, if we find trouble, just stay behind us.

Alright, you mother was friends to two other aquaintances of Lhimwigg. Other guy was really nice. Who else do we need to see next?

 No.6361

File: 1483827181882.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>6359
Geldor gets his club, a rope and a rather old and worn looking knife.

>>6360
>roll for Intelligence -5

 No.6362

>>6360
> coughs loudly
I know the way to his place as well.

 No.6363

>>6361
d20 - 5 = -4

 No.6364

File: 1483827273556.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6363
Ah, a natural 1. His name is Oisin Quent.

>>6362
And indeed, Naz knows the way.

 No.6365

>>6362
>>6364
A'ight. Let's go,

And Naz, push me again and we'll see if dwarves sink like rocks.

 No.6366

File: 1483827415323.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6365
>
> leads the way to Oisin's place

 No.6367

File: 1483827593841.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6365
>>6366
You make your way to the southwest of town. It's just a little trip of five minutes and you are getting close to the river harbor.

Oisin Quent as it turns out is a baker. And the small shop next to the bakery is still open.

 No.6368

File: 1483827713729.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6367
>>6365  after you

 No.6369

File: 1483827736197.jpg (203.82 KB, 509x626, 509:626, Wente Fey.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6368
>Enters the store.
Hello?

 No.6370

File: 1483827845118.png (422.01 KB, 758x717, 758:717, dash120.png) ImgOps Google

Hello gentleman. What can I get you today?" An man of about sixty years asked as they entered. The shop was filled with the scent of freshly baked pie.

 No.6371

File: 1483828082487.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>6370
Hello, we're looking for Mr. Oisin Quent. A friend of the long late Captain Gondor Lhimwigg… heh, I remembered the names.

 No.6372

File: 1483828192424.gif (105.22 KB, 853x480, 853:480, twi180.gif) ImgOps Google

It's gotten quite late so I think we have to call it a day there. Thanks for joining again!

 No.6373

File: 1484086213531.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

Hope we can play again tomorrow.

 No.6374

>Oggling at custard pie.

 No.6375

File: 1484164358822.png (480.45 KB, 758x717, 758:717, dash121.png) ImgOps Google

>>6374
"It's a very fine pie, Sir, you have a keen eye. It's 3 copper pieces."

 No.6376

>>6375
How custardy is it?

 No.6377

File: 1484164471919.png (472.29 KB, 758x717, 758:717, dash122.png) ImgOps Google

>>6376
"You won't be disappointed, I promise you that." He laughs heartily and winks.

 No.6378

>>6377
OK, gives him a silver piece.

 No.6379

File: 1484164671182.png (486.95 KB, 758x717, 758:717, dash123.png) ImgOps Google

He takes the money and returns seven copper pieces to the elf before handing him the pie. "And here is your pie, Sir. Enjoy!"

 No.6380

>>6379
Mmmmmmm~ Will eat it when we can.

But I'm not just hear to have pie, would like to know if you know someone.

 No.6381

File: 1484165951778.png (210.09 KB, 614x634, 307:317, dash124.png) ImgOps Google

>>6380
"It's best while it it still warm." He wipes his hands in his apron, eying you with some suspicion at your last remark. "Know someone?"

 No.6382

>>6381
Do you know the muffin man? the late Captain Gondor Lhimwigg?

 No.6383

File: 1484166165867.png (196.09 KB, 446x486, 223:243, dash116.png) ImgOps Google

>>6382
"Huh… Gondor? Well, yes, I was an acquaintance you could say. He always purchased his sea provisions from me."

 No.6384

>>6383
Did he perchances gave any odd pieces of wood to you? With markings?

 No.6385

File: 1484166372531.png (160.57 KB, 503x471, 503:471, dash117.png) ImgOps Google

>>6384
He chuckles. "Hm, he did indeed. I never knew what it was all about but I think he considered it important. Had some writing on it too that made little sense to me."

 No.6386

>>6385
Do you still have it? We're collecting all the pieces.

 No.6387

File: 1484166610907.png (163.65 KB, 500x500, 1:1, dash118.png) ImgOps Google

>>6386
He nods. "I certainly do, somewhere up in the attic. I will go get it for you if you can wait for a moment."

 No.6388

>>6387
Thanks.
>Lays out the current wooden pieces on the counter and starts organise them the best he could, aligning markings and lines.

 No.6389

File: 1484166887797.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6388
The wooden board has more scratches on it and indeed the board fits with one of the other two. But it seems there is a fourth board missing!

The writing on the other side reads: "The wooden beauty guards that which is hidden. Her eyes show the way."

 No.6390

>>6389
>"The wooden beauty guards that which is hidden. Her eyes show the way."
Hm, sounds like a statue… a ships figurehead maybe?

 No.6391

File: 1484167797567.png (123.88 KB, 332x463, 332:463, spike17.png) ImgOps Google

>>6390
"Could be…" said Geldor while having a slice of the pie. "But what ship?"

 No.6392

>>6391
The Trident? The Nahema?

 No.6393

File: 1484168178170.png (205.25 KB, 446x459, 446:459, spike33.png) ImgOps Google

>>6392
"The Triden went down somewhere at sea… it would be impossible finding it. The Nahema though went down while still in harbor."

 No.6394

>>6393
It could be on any of those ships… I guess we'll need to find the last piece of wood before doing anything wreckless. We still have that tower to investigate.

 No.6395

File: 1484168380237.jpg (59.36 KB, 824x704, 103:88, spike21.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6394
"The tower?!" Geldor shook his head firmly. "No way I am heading there. I did not sign up to get myself killed in that accursed place!"

 No.6396

>>6395
I was near it not long ago. But yeah, might be too dangerous for you to get involved in.

 No.6397

File: 1484327683557.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6398

File: 1484336952719.jpg (131.3 KB, 733x767, 733:767, twi256.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.6399

(Sorry I'm late, traffic was terrible.)

 No.6400

File: 1484512173892.png (251.01 KB, 1092x626, 546:313, twi251.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6401

File: 1484512614776.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6402

>>6395
We go into danger like that most of the time… well Naz does, I'm usually more cautious.

But yeah, it might be too dangerous for you to come with us.

 No.6403

File: 1484512848795.png (69.65 KB, 248x327, 248:327, spike16.png) ImgOps Google

"Well, I am not keen on going to that tower. Not unless I have to. We should probably check the ship Nahema out first. It should have a wooden figure, right?"

 No.6404

File: 1484512930601.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6403  How long can you hold your breath?

 No.6405

File: 1484513001450.jpg (33.69 KB, 600x338, 300:169, spike5.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6404
"Um… I don't know. Thirty seconds perhaps?"

 No.6406

File: 1484513060411.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>6405  Is that long enough to investigate a sunken ship?

 No.6407

File: 1484513137300.png (114.84 KB, 365x360, 73:72, spike26.png) ImgOps Google

>>6406
"Well, that would depend on the depth. I guess we should inquire about that."

 No.6408

>>6406
>>6407
Whats if it's somewhere real deep though? We'll need some sort of boat that can… go underwater or something like that.

 No.6409

File: 1484513335126.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>6407
>>6408
to the harbor then?

 No.6411

File: 1484513571185.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

As you were standing there, pondering about how you could possible get down to the Nahema you noticed a placard on one of the walls, looking rather recent.

It read: "WANTED! Experienced seamen, divers and daredevils for an under-water expedition in the Sunken City! If interested, contact Leonardo of Havena, mechanic and inventor."

 No.6412

>>6411
Well… thats conveniant.

 No.6413

File: 1484514003568.png (205.25 KB, 446x459, 446:459, spike33.png) ImgOps Google

Geldor picked up the placard. "Hm, looks genuine. He's quite famous in town, though pretty wacked out. Or so they say."

 No.6414

File: 1484514075292.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6413  couldn't be any worse than Vitis!  Let's pay him a visit.  Can you take us to him?

 No.6415

File: 1484514303045.png (283.02 KB, 638x715, 58:65, spike20.png) ImgOps Google

>>6414
"I think he lives somewhere near the big Princess-Emer-Bridge? He designed that one… let's check out the area there. Can't be too hard to find."

 No.6416

File: 1484514363291.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6415
>>6412
Vitis' favorite bridge!

 No.6417

File: 1484514441114.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6418

File: 1484514720286.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>6416
>>6417
You make your way back over the bridge as the sun was already standing low. No ships were in sight this time but the view from the bridge was still breathtaking.

You checked several of the smaller buidings in the vincinity and asked a few people on your way and soon enough you found Leonardo's home. Hidden behind a tall wooden fency it was supposed to be. The fence had a single large gate and above it was a plaque showing a pair of compasses, an angle bracket and a ruler."

 No.6419

>>6418
Is this some sort of puzzle?

 No.6420

>>6419
>roll for Intelligence +1

 No.6421

File: 1484514899975.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>6418
> tries to open the gate

 No.6422

>>6420
d20 = 17+1

 No.6423

>>6421
>it was shut tight, probably barred from the other side

>roll of Intuition -3

 No.6424

File: 1484514989076.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6422
Alas, you don't know what the plaque could mean. Maybe it's a puzzle… maybe it isn't.

 No.6425

File: 1484514999948.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6423 1d20 - 3 = 10

 No.6426

File: 1484515073969.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6425
You see an agitator hanging next to the gate.

 No.6427

>>6426
>I mean a piece of rope you pull to ring a bell

 No.6428

File: 1484515172774.gif (1.35 MB, 274x230, 137:115, 1387421057018.gif) ImgOps Google

>>6426 (no idea what that means)
> agitates the gate

 No.6429

>Just sits by the gate and observes Naz doing things.

 No.6430

File: 1484515276136.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>6428
Never heard of it either. For some reason my dictionary says that's what it's called:>>6427

You give the rope a good pull a loud bell can be heard a bit in the distance. For a good while nothing else happens.

 No.6431

File: 1484515376877.png (2.25 KB, 180x180, 1:1, avatar78425_1.gif.png) ImgOps Google

>>6430
>>6429  got any better ideas?

 No.6432

>>6431
Well, why would someone have pictures on his gate plaque? why not just a simple name of address?

I think it could mean something.

Hey Geldor, is this kinda thing normal or traditional around this part of the city?

 No.6433

File: 1484515590503.png (86.04 KB, 375x375, 1:1, spike15.png) ImgOps Google

>>6432
"I don't know what it could mean… Maybe it's a sign for his trade? Like a sewer has a pair of scissors as a sign?"

 No.6434

>>6433
I guess so, but I thought he qwas a mechanic or an inventor. Why these items?

If anything my guess it has something to do with measurement, like a foot length, which is about thirty and a half centermeters.

 No.6435

File: 1484515811618.jpg (53.73 KB, 1012x590, 506:295, spike11.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6434
"Well, you can always ask him. If we manage to get inside. Pull that rope again a few more times, Mr. Nazom!"

 No.6436

File: 1484515895667.gif (1.35 MB, 274x230, 137:115, 1387421057018.gif) ImgOps Google

>>6432  overthinking things as always…
>>6435  you got it!

 No.6437

File: 1484516017344.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6436
There's a loud ring-a-dinging coming from the bell. Then - after an especially firm tug on the rope - it sounds it makes a sad sounding ring, followed by a thud as the bell has been torn off.

An angry dwarven curse follows.

 No.6438

>>6435
A pair of compass, a foot anklet and a ruler. What do these things have in common? Other than the measurement of a foot.
>Looks around the front yard to see anything suspicious, like contraptions or anything peculiar.

>>6436
If we are dealing with a thinker, then thinking is what we'll need.

 No.6439

File: 1484516333028.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>6438  a foot anklet?  huh?  and what's a compass have to do with measuring a foot?

 No.6441

File: 1484516407401.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

Suddenly the door opens, a stout, rather upset looking dwarf stands in the door, holding the torn off bell.

"Couldn't you wait for a moment? Had to ring that bell a dozen tiems, did you?!"

 No.6442

>>6440
>>6441
Sorry, he's rather stubborn.

 No.6443

File: 1484516673173.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6442
"Harrumph! What do you want then?"

 No.6444

>>6443
We're here about the Wanted ad, to explore the Sunken City.

 No.6445

File: 1484516815405.jpg (59.25 KB, 670x509, 670:509, Dwarf_Fortress__Cheese_Art….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6443  We were also testing your bell.  It wasn't very well secured.

 No.6446

File: 1484516883489.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6444
He looks at the odd trio. A fellow dwarf, an elf and a rather poor looking human sod.

"You don't look like divers or seamen… you're either daredevils… >>6445… or a bunch of very old pranksters!"

 No.6447

>>6446
Can I ask, what does your doorsign mean? Is it some sort of puzzle?

 No.6448

File: 1484516994361.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6446  Are you saying you can't get us down to the Sunken City?

 No.6449

File: 1484517170293.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>6447
"Huh? It's the symbol of the mechanics guild. It shows that Master Leonardo is a mechanic - and the best one in the world, mind you!"

>>6448
"Hm… perhaps. All the other folk who applied so far were a bunch of wimps who didn't dare to test the Master's latest creation! I'm Rambok, Master Leonardo's assistant."

 No.6450

>>6449
But why these symbols? Why the foot anklet?

U-um yeah but we do need to go down to the Sunken City if possible.

 No.6451

File: 1484517252927.jpg (95.06 KB, 1300x821, 1300:821, 18493251-Guerrero-enano-bo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6449  Latest creation?

 No.6452

File: 1484517350340.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>6450
"A foot anklet? It's an angle bracket! You use it to measure a proper 90° angle!"

>>6451
"Quite right! The Diving Bell! Made out of glass, makes you dive down into the depths and you can still breathe in it!"

 No.6453

>>6452
Oh, I thought that was "Ankle Bracelet"…

So, it's a diving bell… I think I seen how those work… but usually your legs and waste get wet.

 No.6454

File: 1484517456520.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6452
>>6450
Dive underwater, you say?  I'm sure Vitis here would love to test it out for you!

 No.6455

File: 1484517559698.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6453
"What do you mean you know how it works? It's the first of its kind!… Has Protasius sent you? Are you here to spy for him?"

>>6454
"It's never been tested before… people think it will just shatter. So… are you willing to test it?"

 No.6456

>>6455
No, I mean if you get like, a cup and put it in the bath upsidedown then there is a pocket of air trapped inside.

I worked that out when I was a child playing in the bath.

 No.6457

File: 1484517726284.jpg (45.55 KB, 199x342, 199:342, twi196.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6456
"Hm, yeah, right. I think the Master figured it out in the bath too. He does a lot of thinking in the bath. Well… if you are willing to test it I will let you inside so you can talk to Master Leonardo yourselves."

 No.6458

>>6457
Oh I thought you were him. Yes, I'd like to meet him… preferably I- we will not get wet from this project.

 No.6459

File: 1484517935869.jpg (45.55 KB, 199x342, 199:342, twi196.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6458
"I'm Rambok, his assistant! Goodness…" He harrumphes several more times before letting all three of you inside.

 No.6460

>>6459
>Goes inside.

 No.6461

File: 1484518010892.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>6459  This can only end well.

 No.6462

File: 1484592580755.jpg (79.41 KB, 466x417, 466:417, twi255.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.6463

>>6461
I hope so…

 No.6464

File: 1484592873472.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6465

File: 1484592920900.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Rambok the dwarf leads you across a large yard with two big wooden buildings. One seems to be a workshop, the other the home of Leonardo.

Rambok leads you inside and asks you to wait for a moment until he can go and fetch the famous mechanic. At last he leads you into a small meeting room where two glasses and a carafe of wine await you along with a small bowl of various fruit.

 No.6466

File: 1484593145857.jpg (80.19 KB, 709x625, 709:625, Dwarf_35541c_5698177.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

> pours some wine and chugs it!
Hey Vitis, want some?

 No.6467

>>6466
I am a little hungry…

 No.6468

File: 1484593626086.png (401.35 KB, 720x720, 1:1, mayor27.png) ImgOps Google

Soon after you sat down Rambok returns with a man with a long, greyish beard and a bald patch. He's about 50 years old, smiling warmly as he sees the three of you.

"Um… uh… hello, I'm Leonardo of Havena. Rambok told me you are interested in testing my latest invention?"

 No.6469

File: 1484593755823.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

>>6468  If it will help us get down to the [insert ship here] at the bottom of the harbor, and possibly to the Sunken City, then yes.

 No.6470

File: 1484593909686.png (277.69 KB, 875x720, 175:144, mayor24.png) ImgOps Google

>>6469
"Ship… harbor? What ship? Did a ship sink, Rambok?" He looks over to this assistant who shakes his head. "No ships have sunk."

Leonard sighs in relieve. "Oh, good…. cause the Diving Bell has not been tested yet. Not ready for yet for big missions."

 No.6471

>>6470
No-no, what he means is we we're hoping we could explore the wreckage of a ship that may or may not have sunk somewhere nearby.

 No.6472

File: 1484594088302.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6470  What is it ready for, then?

 No.6473

File: 1484594315116.png (117.98 KB, 439x411, 439:411, mayor9.png) ImgOps Google

>>6471
"Oh? Oh! Sunken ships, yes, many of those can be found in the Sunken City. Big shipwreck back then along with the houses flooded and everything."

>>6472
"Oh… hehe. It's ready, alright. But not tested. Got to be careful with such things. Embarrassment. Big embarrassment if it shatters or sinks during a big rescue. So we have to test it. A maiden voyaget into the depths!"

 No.6474

>>6473
Can I ask, how dry would we be in this… device is it?

 No.6475

>>6473  How likely is that to happen?

 No.6476

File: 1484594592197.png (31.88 KB, 184x184, 1:1, mayor5.png) ImgOps Google

>>6475
"Hightly likely! Um… I mean, highly unlikely that it shatters! It's being blown by the best blowers in town… I mean, glassblowers."

>>6474
"Dry? Perfectly dry unless it shatters!"

 No.6477

File: 1484594675895.png (111.88 KB, 448x377, 448:377, spike1.png) ImgOps Google

"We're all going to drown…"

 No.6478

File: 1484594696265.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>6476
Oh well thats OK then.

 No.6479

File: 1484594792804.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>6476  How do you move it around underwater?

 No.6480

File: 1484594913935.png (51.7 KB, 200x200, 1:1, mayor23.png) ImgOps Google

>>6478
"Of course, my ingenuity will ascertain that you will remain dry. Unless you jump into the water of course."

>>6479
"Move it? Um… you cannot move it. It's just for going down as deep as you need to go. You can even sit inside it, it's got benches made of glass too. Not comfortable and you need to sit a little bent over but better than nothing."

 No.6481

>>6480
Yeah. And if it does break, well that be the least of my worries.

But that just leave one problem, at least for our end that is… We don't know there [ships name] is. All we have are these pieces of clues.

>Shows him the wooden pieces.

 No.6482

File: 1484595107072.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>6480  So it's just for going down and looking at things?  hmmm…  not sure that's what we need.

 No.6483

>>6481
>roll for Intelligence to remember the ship's name

 No.6484

>>6482
>you got to roll too, you forgot it as well!

 No.6485

>>6484  I didn't forget, I just didn't do it  :o  1d20 = 13!

 No.6486

File: 1484595329006.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6485
Oops, you draw a blank. You can't think of the name right now. It started with an N.

 No.6487

>>6483
d20 = 2

 No.6488

File: 1484595418684.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>6487
It's the Nahema… the prince's ship that sank in the harbor. The old tower in the Sunken City bears the same name.

 No.6489

File: 1484595450857.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6486  N~~~!…  necktie…  nectar…  nickel…  noodle…  it was definitely an 'n' word…

 No.6490

>>6488
>>6489
Nehema Naz, Do I have to remember everything?

 No.6491

File: 1484595531292.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6490  *coughs*Nikrrshrzhrrr*coughs*

 No.6492

File: 1484595623633.png (401.35 KB, 720x720, 1:1, mayor27.png) ImgOps Google

>>6481
"Break, yes! I mean, no, it won't break!"

Leonardo examines the pieces, scratching his head. "What's that? Firewood? Yes, it's gotten pretty cold. Um…. Rambok?"

The dwarf shakes his head and gives a harumph!

"It's a riddle of sorts, Master. A piece is missing it seems."

>>6482
"Um… yes, look at things. But that's not what I built it for. You can also leave the Diving Bell. The water reaches to its bottom edge… no floor. I mean, there's no floor in the Bell. You can leave it through there and swim around. And return to it when you run out of air."

 No.6493

>>6491
I don't blame you. Seems almost everyone we account must have at leats three syllibles in there name.

>>6492
Not firewood, please don't burn it. It's some sort of puzzle and we believe the last piece is somewhere on the Nahema.

 No.6494

File: 1484595786005.jpg (137 KB, 800x1071, 800:1071, hammer_dwarf_by_wulfgarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6492  That sounds perfect, but what happens if it breaks?

 No.6495

>>6494
I susp[ect if it breaks, being wet would be the very least of my concerns then.

 No.6496

File: 1484595986116.jpg (6.13 KB, 219x230, 219:230, mayor4.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6493
"Nahema… oh yes, a ship. Sunk in the harbor. Interesting. I mean not interesting, everything of intersted on board was salvaged years ago."

>>6494
"Um… um.. um… Well, it won't break. Divers. You have to be good divers - or swimemrs. If something fails which it will. I mean, won't!"

 No.6497

>>6496
W-wait… the Nehema has been salvaged?

 No.6498

File: 1484596134507.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

Rambok shakes his head, sighing. "As long as part of the upper area of the Bell remains you're save, even if the lower part would shatter. The Diving Bell is supplied with fresh air through a hose and a pumping unit on the Barracuda. That's our transport ship for the Bell. Unless you sink like a rock, then it's good night."

 No.6499

File: 1484596194335.jpg (59.25 KB, 670x509, 670:509, Dwarf_Fortress__Cheese_Art….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6496
>Sunk in the harbor.
>>6470
>"Ship… harbor? What ship? Did a ship sink, Rambok?" He looks over to this assistant who shakes his head. "No ships have sunk."

….

>>6498  Well that's good to know.

 No.6500

File: 1484596226182.png (160.52 KB, 500x400, 5:4, mayor19.png) ImgOps Google

>>6497
"Salvaged, yes. Not by me though, by my mentor Ashimeter. Right after it was sunk. Lots of valuables were on board."

 No.6501

>>6499
>he thought a ship had sunk today… the ship you're looking for sank many years ago

 No.6502

>>6500
Do you know where we can find Ashimeter?

 No.6503

>>6501
>also, he's pretty absent-minded

 No.6504

File: 1484596377389.png (381.2 KB, 888x720, 37:30, mayor17.png) ImgOps Google

>>6502
"Um… um… yes, Ashimeter. Um… L-24, 3rd row."

Rambok sighs. "He Master means he died a few years ago. He was already 80 years old."

 No.6505

>>6504
Damn… Chances are once we get down there we won't find anything. Where did the salvaged things were stored?

 No.6506

File: 1484596547988.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6505
Leonardo takes an apple, examining it slowly with an absent-minded gaze.

"The good were brought to the Prince's Palace, the ship belonged to him after all."

 No.6507

>>6505
>remember what the riddles said

 No.6508

File: 1484596607916.jpg (45.22 KB, 800x457, 800:457, dig_damn_you.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6504  whelp, time to go rob some graves…

 No.6509

>>6506
>>6507
>>6508
No need, remember what this piece of wood says?
"The wooden beauty guards that which is hidden. Her eyes show the way."

Did the ship had any wooden statues on it?

 No.6510

File: 1484596846899.png (191.24 KB, 527x357, 31:21, mayor16.png) ImgOps Google

>>6509
"Tradition! I mean, traditionally all large vessels got a guardian beauty… I mean, a guardian statue… females mostly, beauties. Figureheads. I haven't seen the ship but I'm certain it did. Don't recall one being salvaged."

 No.6511

>>6510
I had a feeling it's the figurehead. Though would be disspointed if the ship had wooden statues inc argo or something.

The riddle says she is looking at something, so perhaps you device would be enough to just go down there and see what she's looking at.

 No.6512

>>6511
>>6510
Let's go have a look then!

 No.6513

File: 1484597073999.png (381.2 KB, 888x720, 37:30, mayor17.png) ImgOps Google

>>6511
>>6512
"Tomorrow! Um… I mean the Diving Bell should be ready tomorrow."

 No.6514

>>6512
Yeah, I'm willing to test this diving bell if it will help us put Gondor Lhimwigg soul at ease in the end.

>>6513
Great.

 No.6515

File: 1484597384410.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Rambok the dwarf informs you to meet him and Leonardo at the glassblower facility near the seaside early the next morning before he kicks you out unceremoniously.

 No.6516

>>6515
Nice guy, his assistant is a bit…

 No.6517

File: 1484597498172.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6515
> pours a quick glass of wine and chugs it first

 No.6518

>>6517
>make a roll for Strength -2, you've had quite a few glasses already today

 No.6519

File: 1484597736019.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

>>6518  1d20 - 2 = 14!

 No.6520

>>6519
Haven't you had enough to drink?

 No.6521

File: 1484597814334.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>6519
Oh shoot, you feel the alcohol having quite an effect on your already.

 No.6522

File: 1484597900760.jpg (150.33 KB, 916x950, 458:475, elvenking-1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6520  I'm fiiiiiiiine.
>>6521  but I could really use a nap.

 No.6523

>>6522
>Sighs
Let head back.
And if you dare push me over the bridge again, I swear we'll find out how fast you sink.

 No.6524

File: 1484598046327.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6523  ha.  ha.  HAHAHAHAHA!  ok, ok…  hahaha…  Lead the way!

 No.6525

File: 1484598082936.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6523
>>6524
You return to your lodgings. It was getting dark anyway.

As it turns out though, Nazom only had a single copper piece of money left. Just enough for supper. But not for a room for the night!

 No.6526

>>6525
I'll spring you.
>Gets his wallet out.

 No.6527

File: 1484598167851.jpg (72.31 KB, 730x649, 730:649, Dwarf_e9984f_5689757.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6526  awww, thanks!

 No.6528

>>6527
>Buys one room with two seperate beds and two meals for each of them, no alcohol.

 No.6529

File: 1484598285669.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6526
The warden thanks you for your patronage and after a supper of beef stew with lots of cabbage you return to your rooms for a good night's sleep.

The next morning comes soon enough and you have to hurry to get to the meeting place.

 No.6530


 No.6532

File: 1485633723004.png (251.01 KB, 1092x626, 546:313, twi251.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6533

File: 1485795570263.jpg (79.41 KB, 466x417, 466:417, twi255.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.6534

(Still working on a thing, but can RP also.)

 No.6535

File: 1485796416312.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6536

File: 1485796471266.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Do you remember where we left off?

 No.6537

File: 1485796595079.jpg (276.96 KB, 738x550, 369:275, DF.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6536  nope!

 No.6538

File: 1485796739206.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>6537
You were about to go diving using the inventor Leonardo's diving bell. You are looking for a treasure (or a hint to a treasure) resting at the bottom of the harbor near a sunken ship, the 'Nahema'.

 No.6539

File: 1485796979580.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

It's a new day now and you are supposed to meet Leonardo at the glassblower facility where he waits for you.

 No.6540

File: 1485796995731.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

>>6538  I remembered that part; it's the specifics that I forgot.  

 No.6541

>VItis was getting ready, for someone who was about to go underwater, he was actually looking forward to the idea of exploring the bottom of the sea… as long as he stays dry.

 No.6542

File: 1485797252237.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

You slept and had breakfast. Are you ready to go?

 No.6543

File: 1485797511210.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6542  I was born ready

 No.6544

So, ready to head off Naz?

 No.6545

File: 1485797965353.png (205.25 KB, 446x459, 446:459, spike33.png) ImgOps Google

"Good morning, I hope you all slept well." said Geldor. "Ready to take a beath in the harbor?"

 No.6546

>>6545
Yeah. Let's go for a bob along the beautiful briny sea.

 No.6547

File: 1485798406042.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

You make your way to the glassblower facility near the harbor. There you can already see Leonardo and his assistant, the dwarf Rambok. You also get a first eye look a the Diving Bell, a big globe with the bottom half cut off, hanging on a large rope on a crane.

Several strong looking men and women are busy trying to get the Bell onto a small transport ship which Leonardo called the 'Barracuda'.

 No.6548

>>6547
Wait… wouldn't our feet get wet?

 No.6549

File: 1485798701997.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6548
As you examine the bell you can see that you can indeed sit inside the Diving Bell, though - as Leonard mentioned - somewhat bent over. But your feet should remain just above the water line; unless you have very long feet.

 No.6550

File: 1485798787723.jpg (137 KB, 800x1071, 800:1071, hammer_dwarf_by_wulfgarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

So, what sort of forces can this thing withstand?

 No.6551

>>6549
Um…
>Vitis, being an elf whom are natually tall folk, is concerned his legs may not stay above water.

 No.6552

File: 1485798899873.png (401.35 KB, 720x720, 1:1, mayor27.png) ImgOps Google

>>6550
"Um… uh… good morning. Good to see you!" Leonardo called over while the Bell was slowly lowered onto the Barracuda under the watchful eye of Rambok.

"Isn't she a beauty?"

 No.6553

File: 1485799003207.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6551  Don't worry!  If you don't fit inside, I'm sure they can tow you along underneath somehow.
>>6552  looks dangerous.  I like it.

 No.6554

File: 1485799068970.png (51.7 KB, 200x200, 1:1, mayor23.png) ImgOps Google

>>6553
"Very dangerous! Um… I mean… not dangerous at all! The Diving Bell is the… um… pinnacle of inventorship and glassblowing… blowery."

 No.6555

>>6553
I'm more concerned about weight issues.

 No.6557

File: 1485799434238.png (214.18 KB, 644x476, 23:17, mayor11.png) ImgOps Google

>>6555
"Weight's an issue. I mean, NO issue. The Diving Bell's stability has been properly and thoroughly calculated. It can carry four heavy men with ease."

 No.6558

>>6557
Well, OK. We really need to see where that figurehead is looking at.

 No.6559

File: 1485799740739.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

You board the Barracuda along with Leonardo and Rambok and so do a few of them workers. They take oars and begin to row the small ship slowly and carefully into the port basin. Leonardo has a pretty good idea where the ship has sunk so he eventually stops the Barracuda and prepars the Bell.

"Time to get in!"

 No.6560

File: 1485799790131.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

>>6557  That's at least… 17 elves.
>>6558  right.  should we help them load it?

 No.6561

File: 1485799830457.png (2.25 KB, 180x180, 1:1, avatar78425_1.gif.png) ImgOps Google

>>6559
>>6558
after you!

 No.6562

>>6559
>>6560
Yeah. Let's help.

 No.6563

>>6561
Okay.

 No.6564

>>6561
>>6563
>roll for Dexterity -3 to climb in and have a seat

 No.6565

>>6564  1d20 - 3 = 2!

 No.6566

>>6564
>>6564
>Gulp
d20 - 3 = 8

 No.6567

>>6565
>>6566
The Diving Bell is hanging above a large hole in the Barracuda - it's through this hole that the Bell will be lowered into the sea. So it is not that easy to get inside but you manage it quite well.

Geldor tries his luck as well. 1d20 - 3 = -2

 No.6568

File: 1485800170718.png (88.59 KB, 283x423, 283:423, spike18.png) ImgOps Google

>>6567
And he climbs inside with ease with a natural 1, finding the most comfortable place to sit.

 No.6569

File: 1485800227202.gif (350.43 KB, 363x400, 363:400, mayor18.gif) ImgOps Google

"Uh… good luck you three… don't get cold feet!"

Leonardo tells the crew to start lowering the glass sphere.

 No.6570

>>6569
>Vitis folds his legs up just to be sure.

 No.6571

File: 1485800304629.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google


 No.6572

File: 1485800418609.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Slowly and carefully the Diving Bell is lowered into the sea. You can see the water masses rising around the glass sphere and soon enough you are swallowed by water. The water is just an inch or two below your feet (or a few more in Vitis' case as he had folded his legs) but does not seem to rise. You see the large hose stuck at the top of the sphere where fresh air is pumped into the Bell.

You see tiny fish swimming around you, it is getting dark and the sun light gets dimmer and dimmer.

 No.6573

>>6572
Wow!
>Looks around the ocean blue.

 No.6574

File: 1485800628414.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6572  Well, this is not at all what I expected.

 No.6575

>>6574
It's kinda what I expected. Still beautiful though.
As my grandmother says "The ocean is pretty to look at, but not to go in."

If only she could see this now.

 No.6576

File: 1485800777532.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>6573
>>6574
Down it goes for easily 20 meters, then 30… then you see a huge dark shadow appearing before you - a sunken ship. Another meter, then another… then you see the sea floor benath you. With a gentle thud the Diving Bell has hits the floor! Sand is whirled up.

>roll for Dexterity not to fall off your seats!

 No.6577

>>6576
d20 = 5

 No.6578

Geldor rolls: 1d20 = 5

 No.6579

File: 1485800894107.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6576  1d20 = 9!

 No.6580

File: 1485801009498.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

You all manage to hold on to your seats as the sphere is slowly pulled up again by a meter. Giving you enough space to climb into the water and go for a swim.

 No.6581

File: 1485801078997.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>6580  Well, Rambok?  What now?

 No.6582

File: 1485801129304.png (86.04 KB, 375x375, 1:1, spike15.png) ImgOps Google

>>6581
"I'm Geldor… Rambok didn't take the trip. Just the three of us. Ready for your annual bath, Mr. Naz?"

 No.6583

>>6582
>Smirks.

But where is the figurehead? It's rather dark down here.

 No.6584

File: 1485801185658.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6582
> grumbles

 No.6585

File: 1485801263398.png (179.65 KB, 405x601, 405:601, spike32.png) ImgOps Google

>>6583
"I'm sure you thought ahead and brought your lamp right?…. Right?"

 No.6586

>>6585
Yeah I got my lamp.
Dunno if it's light will cut through this darkness though but I'll try.

>Lights his lamp.

 No.6587

File: 1485801383044.png (127.47 KB, 500x281, 500:281, spike24.png) ImgOps Google

>>6586
"I doubt you can take it along for a swim… but if we leave it in the Bell we can find it again."

 No.6588

>>6587
Um… I think I'll- wait at the bell.

 No.6589

File: 1485801935772.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6588  That's a good one!
Well alright then…

 No.6590

File: 1485801945258.jpg (53.73 KB, 1012x590, 506:295, spike11.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6588
"Well…. alright, I can give it a try."

Geldor begins to take off his clothes and places them on the glass-bench. When he only wears his loincloth he takes a dagger slips into the water.

 No.6591

>>6589
>>6590
>Felt a bit guilty letting them go ahead without him. But he knows he will be useless. He never was much of a swimmer and never been in such deep water before.

 No.6592

File: 1485802259070.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Geldor disappeared from view… swallowed up by the darkness surrounding the Diving Bell.

 No.6593

>All Vitis could do was wait and observe the ocean around him.

 No.6594

File: 1485802360463.jpg (13.79 KB, 206x245, 206:245, losing_is_fun.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6590
> strips down to his undergarments and hops into the water with just a (do I have a?) knife
woah! woah! that's cold! … feels great!  You'll love it, Vitis!
> takes a few deep breaths then goes under to have a look around

 No.6595

>>6594
>you do have a sword… and a hammer and some chisels =P

 No.6596

File: 1485802461969.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6594
In which direction will you go? Towards the ship? Or somewhere else?

 No.6597

File: 1485802562102.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6595
> takes the sword, by tucking it behind him and under his undershirt & britches
>>6596
> toward the ship!

 No.6598

>>6597
>roll for Intuition

 No.6599

>>6598  1d20 = 12!

 No.6600

File: 1485802758545.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>6599
You make your way towards the ship, doing your best to see. You see a large hole in the ship's hull.

What will you do?

 No.6601

File: 1485802852995.png (47.79 KB, 194x229, 194:229, in_abundance.png) ImgOps Google

>>6600
> peeks inside the hole but continues toward the bow

 No.6602

>>6601
You see only darkness….

>roll for Intuition +3

 No.6603

>>6602
1d20 + 3 = 7!

 No.6604

File: 1485803070569.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>6603
For a moment you think you see something stirring there… but you swim on, correct?

 No.6605

File: 1485803233310.png (2.25 KB, 180x180, 1:1, avatar78425_1.gif.png) ImgOps Google

>>6604  hmmm must be Geldor…
> continues swimming toward the bow

 No.6606

File: 1485803346487.png (331.74 KB, 851x467, 851:467, spike23.png) ImgOps Google

Geldor comes up from under water, coughing, climbing back onto the bench.

"Ooh… I didn't find anything so far. Running out of air."

 No.6607

>>6605
>roll for Strength… you've been under water for a while now

 No.6608

File: 1485803404820.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>6607  1d20 = 1!

 No.6609

>>6606
Breath Neo!

Did you see anything like the front of the ship or a figure head?

 No.6610

File: 1485803424223.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6608
> swims for days

 No.6611

File: 1485803505183.jpg (17.78 KB, 640x359, 640:359, spike2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6609
He coughs. "No, I think we're at the wrong end of the ship. This is the stern."

 No.6612

>>6610
>roll for Intuition!

 No.6613

>>6611
You rest up, wait for Naz to come back before you check the other side.

 No.6614

>>6612  1d20 = 19

 No.6615

File: 1485803622815.png (111.88 KB, 448x377, 448:377, spike1.png) ImgOps Google

>>6613
"If I can hold my breath for that long. This ship isn't exactly small."

 No.6616

>>6615
If only possible to bring the bell with you…

>Looks up at the hose.
Hm… if only we had another one of these.

 No.6617

File: 1485803713840.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>6614
You feel the darkness around you creeping closer. But you can hold your breath like no other and you feel no little tired as you keep the ship's hull to your left and so eventually make it to the bow.

>roll Intuiton
>roll Intuition +3

 No.6618

File: 1485803767578.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6617
1d20 = 8?
1d20 + 3 = 23!

 No.6619

File: 1485803788720.png (86.04 KB, 375x375, 1:1, spike15.png) ImgOps Google

>>6616
"Hm, yeah, that would be helpful!" He thinks for a moment. "Coming to think of it … how do we get up again?"

 No.6620

File: 1485803858136.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6618
You peek around the bow and there she is! The figurehead! And right below her in the floor is a half-sunken chest!

 No.6621

File: 1485803899353.png (57.53 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is shocked.png) ImgOps Google

>>6619
>Just realise that wasn't discussed with the scientists.
>(Or at least forgotten if it was discussed.)

 No.6622

File: 1485803940308.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>6620  I'll …  get back to you.
> realizes he's been under for a long time and so heads back to tell the others

 No.6623

File: 1485804057205.png (127.47 KB, 500x281, 500:281, spike4.png) ImgOps Google

>>6621
"Well… I'm sure he'll just pull us up again eventually. I mean, as long as we have air, nothing can happen."

 No.6624

File: 1485804115850.jpg (99.77 KB, 1024x721, 1024:721, Krakenmolch.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6622
You would… but you have only just swum for a meter as you see a large kraken right in front of you!

 No.6625

>>6623
If not, we could always send Naz up surface. He could probably make it.

 No.6626

File: 1485804271056.png (41.21 KB, 479x93, 479:93, SNAFU.png) ImgOps Google

>>6624  That wasn't there before!
> ducks around the figurehead and swims along the other side of the ship

 No.6627

File: 1485804297069.png (114.84 KB, 365x360, 73:72, spike26.png) ImgOps Google

>>6625
"I guess so."

 No.6628

File: 1485804351636.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6626
You could try to take the chest with you… unless you wish to attempt getting it later. But the kraken might still be there then.

 No.6629

File: 1485804521758.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>6628
> gives the chest a quick tug to see if it'll come easily, but otherwise leaves it behind

 No.6630

File: 1485804594068.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>>6629
>roll Strength -2

 No.6631

>>6630  1d20 - 2 = 2!

 No.6632

File: 1485804737184.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>6631
The chest comes loose and you tug it along with you as hurry along with the kraken right behind you.

You can feel one of its long arms rolling out to snatch you from behind.

>roll for Intuition

 No.6633

File: 1485804768983.png (47.79 KB, 194x229, 194:229, in_abundance.png) ImgOps Google

>>6632  1d20 = 13;

 No.6634

(BRB food)

 No.6635

File: 1485804890615.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6633
>Spot on, lucky you.

You evade the kraken's attack but can feel it closing up behind you. In front of you is a light, it must be the Diving Bell!

You make it inside just in time! Then the kraken's arms hit it with all its force, making the construction tremble and shake!

>everyone roll for Dexterity!

 No.6636

Geldor: 1d20 = 20

 No.6637

File: 1485804939765.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>6635
> gasps for air
1d20 = 12!

 No.6638

File: 1485804958145.png (642.04 KB, 1366x768, 683:384, spike10.png) ImgOps Google

>>6636
With a scream Geldor falls off the bench and drops into the water!

 No.6639

>>6637
>spot on again!

 No.6640

((Can we pause the action while I get food?)

 No.6641

>>6640
(works for me, I need a few minutes too)

 No.6642

File: 1485805244987.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

Of course.

 No.6643

File: 1485805690289.png (386.73 KB, 756x743, 756:743, twi247.png) ImgOps Google

I think it's best we continued another time. I hope you had fun!

 No.6644

File: 1485806562900.jpg (13.79 KB, 206x245, 206:245, losing_is_fun.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6643  good stuff

 No.6645

((Yeah sorry I've been rather busy all day and figured I can do both.))

 No.6646

File: 1485974771831.gif (3.92 MB, 335x248, 335:248, twi214.gif) ImgOps Google


 No.6647

File: 1485975179711.gif (396.81 KB, 469x469, 1:1, 1117728__safe_screencap_an….gif) ImgOps Google


 No.6648

File: 1485975209159.png (163.14 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount plays Skyrim.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6649

File: 1485975313816.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

To recap… Naz has found the chest you were looking for but is being chased by a kraken. Naz has made it back to the Diving Bell where Vitis and Geldor were waiting. When the kraken gave the Bell a good shake, Geldor has fallen into the water.

But what about Vitis?

 No.6650

>>6649
Oh crap!
d20 = 5

 No.6651

File: 1485975419094.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>6650
Vitis can keep his balance while Geldor is trying to get back onto one of the benches.

 No.6652

File: 1485975445640.jpg (99.77 KB, 1024x721, 1024:721, Krakenmolch.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

But the kraken is not far behind, approaching again quickly.

What will you do?

 No.6653

File: 1485975514402.png (57.53 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is shocked.png) ImgOps Google

>>6652
A kraka-lacken!? Damn nature, you scary!

>Helps Geldor back onto the bench.

 No.6654

>>6653
>roll for Strength!

 No.6655

File: 1485975572030.png (360.25 KB, 1890x2155, 378:431, Roidrage Epic by Niksie.png) ImgOps Google

>>6654
d20 = 4

 No.6656

File: 1485975579529.png (41.21 KB, 479x93, 479:93, SNAFU.png) ImgOps Google

>>6653  Don't you have a spell for this sort of thing?

 No.6657

Nazom, if you want to climb into the Bell, you need to roll for Strength +3! You carry a heavy load.

 No.6658

File: 1485975627514.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>6657  1d20 + 3 = 15

 No.6659

File: 1485975644218.png (127.47 KB, 500x281, 500:281, spike4.png) ImgOps Google

>>6655
"Thanks a lot, Vitis… you're a life-saver!"

 No.6660

>>6656
I have a spell that casts invisible lightning but I do not know if it is a good idea around so much water or if it will even effect that thing.

>>6659
Let's hope we can keep our lives…
>Quickly switches off his lamp plunging the bell into darkness.

 No.6661

>>6658
No luck! The kraken's arms with its dangerous sucker cups lashes out at you!

1d20 = 5

 No.6662

File: 1485975753739.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>6661
It hits! Vitis, roll for defense!

 No.6663

File: 1485975810770.jpg (59.36 KB, 824x704, 103:88, spike21.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6660
"AAh! It's dark!" Geldor holds on to his dagger, not sure where to stab.

 No.6664

File: 1485975832816.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6662  I'm no elf!
1d20 = 20!

 No.6665

>>6662
d20 = 14

>>6663
Calm down, if we hide in the darkness, maybe it'll go away…

 No.6666

File: 1485975954828.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>6664
Critical miss! (sorry, yes, I meant you)

The kraken grabs Nazom and pulls him close to its dangerous, sharp beak!

You can try to roll for Dexterity or Strength +4 to get free! If you fail, the kraken gets a free hit with its beak.

 No.6667

File: 1485976029228.png (47.79 KB, 194x229, 194:229, in_abundance.png) ImgOps Google

>>6666  dex!  1d20 = 3

 No.6668

>>6666
I gotta try and help him!

>Casts FULMINICTUS for 10mp of damage at the beak.

 No.6669

>>6667
You've made it! You wiggle free!

You can try to get back into the Bell again with Strength +3!

 No.6670

File: 1485976156249.jpg (99.77 KB, 1024x721, 1024:721, Krakenmolch.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6668
The kraken flails it long tentacle-like arms in pain!

1d20 = 1
1d20 = 13
1d20 = 8
1d20 = 12

 No.6671

File: 1485976203407.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>>6670
Two massive arms hit the Diving Bell! The glass gets a big crack!

Vitis, roll for Dexterity!

 No.6672

>>6669
>>6670
We can't possible fight something so big, we need to make it leave us alone!

>>6671
Uh… Oh crap!
d20 = 13

 No.6673

1d20 = 14

 No.6674

File: 1485976304565.png (642.04 KB, 1366x768, 683:384, spike10.png) ImgOps Google

>>6673
"Not again!" Geldor shouts as he loses his balance and slips back into the water.

Vitis though, still sits on the bench.

 No.6675

File: 1485976331281.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>6669  1d20 + 3 = 5
> heave!

 No.6676

Ho! You made it! You're on the bench along with the chest. Only Geldor is in the water.

 No.6677

>>6674
>Tries to grab for Geldor.

 No.6678

You can try to get him up with a roll for Strength!

If you work together, it's -4 for both of you (but you must both succeed).

 No.6679

>>6678
d20 - 4 = 3

 No.6680

File: 1485976491160.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6678
1d20 - 4 = -1!

 No.6681

File: 1485976555760.png (179.65 KB, 405x601, 405:601, spike32.png) ImgOps Google

>>6679
>>6680
He spits out water as you pull him back up! "Oh… thank you! Now it's really time we got up and out of the water!"

 No.6682

File: 1485976629212.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

Got any plans or ideas?

 No.6683

>>6681
Yes. It's too dangerous down here! But how are we gonna get the bell back up?

>>6682
Uh… wheres Naz?

 No.6684

File: 1485976718132.jpg (53.73 KB, 1012x590, 506:295, spike11.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6683
It's dark, I can't see much. But he must be here, he pulled me up too.

 No.6685

File: 1485976737370.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6683  I'm right behind you

 No.6686

>>6685
Naz, if I distract the monster, can you swim up and tell them to get us up?

 No.6687

File: 1485976857291.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>6686  That could work

 No.6688

>>6687
Alright, all I can do is sting it, but hopefully it will be enough of a distraction.

 No.6689

File: 1485976937560.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6687
Nazom, with your sharp dwarven eyes you can see the kraken is still out there, searching… You're 30 meters under water.

To swim up you need to:

1.) roll for Courage
2.) roll for Strength +1
3.) have luck

 No.6690

File: 1485977101694.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6688  well, it's over there *points* swimming that way and around.  Can you see it?
>>6689  couragestrengthmcluckerson is my middle name
> prepares to dive out from under the bell
1d20 = 2
1d20 + 1 = 18

 No.6691

>>6690
Yeah, I will zap it if it goes after you.

 No.6692

File: 1485977176054.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>>6690
You are daring and face the danger outside… but you quickly lose your strength. Probably all the swimming has weakened you! You barely swim a few meters up.

The kraken is searching! 1d20 + 1 = 14

 No.6693

>>6691
>remember your spells have limited range

 No.6694

>>6692
It comes closer, slowly swimming in Nazom's direction! But it has not found him yet!

>Nazom, roll for Strength +1

 No.6695

>>6693
>>6694
C'mon Naz, you can do it.
>Turns back on the lantern.

 No.6696

>>6694  1d20 + 1 = 16

 No.6697

File: 1485977420759.jpg (99.77 KB, 1024x721, 1024:721, Krakenmolch.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6696
Nazom barely swims up a meter or two, the surface is still far, far above him!

>>6695
The kraken sees the light and amidst Geldor's screams comes rushing towards the Diving Bell!

 No.6698

Nazom, roll for Strength +2!

 No.6699

>>6697
HOLD OG GELDOR!
FULMINICTUS!
>5mp worth of damage.

 No.6700

>>6699
"There's nothing to hold on to!"

The kraken flails its many arms in pain!

1d20 = 19
1d20 = 7
1d20 = 14
1d20 = 8

 No.6701

>>6698  1d20 + 2 = 5

 No.6702

File: 1485977583159.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>6700
Two hits! The crack becomes bigger! One more hit like that and you're sure it will shatter into a thousand pieces!

Vitis, roll for Dexterity!

 No.6703

>>6701
Nazom gets his second wind and swims up quickly, he can see the sun above him already!

Just one more Strength roll and you're out!

 No.6704

>>6700
>Then holds onto Geldor, holding him steady and trying to hold out for as long as Naz can save them.

>>6702
d20 = 3
I prayed to the gods I wouldn't get soaked today…

 No.6705

File: 1485977682197.png (69.65 KB, 248x327, 248:327, spike16.png) ImgOps Google

1d20 - 2 = 3

 No.6706

File: 1485977704168.png (123.15 KB, 480x360, 4:3, spike13.png) ImgOps Google

>>6704
>>6705
"That was a close call!"

 No.6707

File: 1485977710552.png (2.25 KB, 180x180, 1:1, avatar78425_1.gif.png) ImgOps Google

>>6703  1d20 = 7!

 No.6708

>>6706
We can't hold out much longer.

 No.6709

File: 1485977768012.png (214.18 KB, 644x476, 23:17, mayor11.png) ImgOps Google

>>6707
"Umm… um… Mr. Nazom… you're supposed to use the Diving Bell!

 No.6710

File: 1485977825408.png (572.15 KB, 979x736, 979:736, spike27.png) ImgOps Google

>>6708
"I knew I shouldn't have put on my red shirt when joining you!"

 No.6711

File: 1485977838247.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>6709
> sputters
The bell's under attack by a kraken!

 No.6712

>>6710
Sorry I got you into this mess.

 No.6713

File: 1485977937888.png (284.51 KB, 888x720, 37:30, mayor26.png) ImgOps Google

>>6711
Leonardo looks dumbsruck at that news, mumbling something about his precious invention but Rambok the dwarf orders the men to pull up the glass sphere as quickly as possible!

 No.6714

>>6713
>Feels the bell getting shifted.
Thank goodness.

 No.6715

File: 1485978044370.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

Slowly but surely the Diving Bell gets hoisted up and while you are not certain where the kraken went, you get heaved back onto the Barracuda at last!

 No.6716

File: 1485978071298.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>6713  Do you have any weapons on-board?

 No.6717

>>6715
(How wet is Vitis?)

 No.6718

File: 1485978091511.png (150.22 KB, 640x360, 16:9, mayor3.png) ImgOps Google

"Cracking… um, I mean, cracks all over my invention! What have you done down there?"

 No.6719

>>6718
You want to lodge a complaint? Take it up with the giant kraken that nearly made us sea food.

 No.6720

>>6716
Rambok looks at the men and shakes his head. We have two clubs and I got a knife.

>>6717
Just a few splashes of water.

 No.6721

File: 1485978233681.png (214.18 KB, 644x476, 23:17, mayor11.png) ImgOps Google

>>6716
"Um… my mind. I mean, my mind is my bluntest weapon. Sharpest weapon!"

>>6719
"Kraken… I thought you were looking for a ship."

 No.6722

>>6721
We found the ship… The Kraken found us.

You alright Gel?

 No.6723

File: 1485978346249.jpg (59.36 KB, 824x704, 103:88, spike21.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6722
"…."

 No.6724

File: 1485978557143.jpg (173.55 KB, 992x472, 124:59, attack_of_the_krakenmolch.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Suddenly, you hear the screams of the men joined by the scream of Geldor and awkward mumbling of Leonardo as the kraken climbs onto the Barracuda… unfortunatly, this breed of kraken can live on land just as well as under water!

 No.6725

File: 1485978678437.png (76.78 KB, 500x375, 4:3, tumblr_mnsve5WkIj1snsprdo1….png) ImgOps Google

>>6724
> slashes at a nearby kraken limb

 No.6726

>>6724
>Vitis came up. He was reluctant at fighting the monster underwater in such close space. But this time he drew his Double-Khunchomer sword and was ready to fight the monster on his surface terms.

 No.6727

File: 1485978778563.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>6725
>>6726
You got the first strike! Roll your attacks (and damage to be sure).

 No.6728

>>6727
d20 = 16d6 + 6 = 7

 No.6729

File: 1485978875440.png (55.64 KB, 507x276, 169:92, batdwarf vs zombies.png) ImgOps Google

>>6727
1d20 = 17 & d120 = 61

 No.6730

>>6728
You miss!

 No.6731

>>6729
So does Nazom!

 No.6732

File: 1485978962071.png (86.04 KB, 375x375, 1:1, spike15.png) ImgOps Google

Geldor attacks with his shabby dagger!

1d20 + 3 = 131d6 + 1 = 7

 No.6733

The kraken roars in anger and attacks with two of its arms while the other two more wrap around the Barracuda to pull itself further up!

1d20 = 8
1d20 = 9

 No.6734

>>6733
1d2 = 2

 No.6735

>>6734
Vitis, roll defense!

 No.6736

>>6735
We need fire! Get the oil and torches!
d20 = 14

 No.6737

File: 1485979173859.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6736
The kraken rolls its tentacle around Vitis, grabs him and pulls him towards its mouth and beak!

You need to roll Strength or Dexterity +4 to get free! Optionally you can try to attack!

Nazom, your turn!

 No.6738

File: 1485979272637.png (263.29 KB, 530x600, 53:60, mayor14.png) ImgOps Google

>>6736
>Leonardo picks up the lantern, flailing it wildly

 No.6739

>>6737
I will attack!
d20 = 19d6 + 6 = 11
>Starts stabbing at the tentical wrapped around him.

 No.6740

File: 1485979287707.jpg (137 KB, 800x1071, 800:1071, hammer_dwarf_by_wulfgarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6737
> attacks the tentacle that grabbed Vitis
1d20 = 8  1d20 = 16

 No.6741

File: 1485979354213.jpg (99.77 KB, 1024x721, 1024:721, Krakenmolch.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6740
You hit! Your damage roll is 1d6+4 with your sword. ;)

>>6739
You miss. Oh no! A free hit by the kraken: 1d6 + 6 = 8 Chomp!

 No.6742

>>6741
1d20 + 4 = 21!

 No.6743

>>6741
1d6 + 4 = 5!

 No.6744

>>6741
Ack! LET ME GO!
>Takes another stab at him, trying to slice his way free.
d20 = 1d6 + 6 = 11

 No.6745

Geldor attacks the tentacle! 1d20 + 3 = 14 1d6 + 1 = 2

Leonardo tries to hit the kraken with the lantern! 1d20 = 3

 No.6746

File: 1485979546173.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6743
>>6744
Success! You manage to hack off the arm! Vitis is free!

 No.6747

>>6746
>Vitis got free and tried to pick up whatever long piece of wood available.

 No.6748

File: 1485979608145.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

As Leonarod hits the kraken with the lantern it breaks, oil splashes over the beast and is instantly set on fire! 1d6 + 4 = 5 damage!

 No.6749

>>6747
You find a nice, long piece!

The kraken is angry and in pain, the fire goes out all too quickly and it attacks, using its remaining arm!

1d20 = 18

 No.6750

>>6749
Miss!

Nazom and Vitis, your turn!

 No.6751

>>6749
>Vitis quickly wraps the splintered end of the wood wit hthe left over shirt rags he's been carrying all along and quickly lunges at the beast to the oily patch, trying to light the wood he's holding with the fire.

 No.6752

>>6751
>you need to be quick, there's not much oil in the lantern and the fire dies quickly - roll Dexterity +3

 No.6753

>>6752
d20 + 3 = 6

 No.6754

File: 1485979873409.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>6750
>stabs at the beak!
1d20 = 19 1d6 + 4 = 5

 No.6755

>>6753
It burns! You can attack with it in your next round.

 No.6756

File: 1485979936101.jpg (173.55 KB, 992x472, 124:59, attack_of_the_krakenmolch.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6754
You miss!

Geldor attacks: 1d20 + 3 = 71d6 + 1 = 3

Followed by the angry kraken. It lets go of the Barracuda, flailing its arms wildly.

1d20 = 12
1d20 = 3
1d20 = 9

 No.6757

>>6754
Naz! Do you still have your hammer!?

 No.6758

File: 1485980003857.png (151.16 KB, 463x475, 463:475, spike12.png) ImgOps Google

>>6756
"Oh, I actually hit for once!

Nazom, roll for defense! The kraken tries to grab you!

 No.6759

File: 1485980104463.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>6757  this is no time for making ship repairs!
>>6758  1d20 = 1!

 No.6760

File: 1485980161872.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>6759
Perfect evasion!

Nazom and Vitis, your turn!

 No.6761

>>6759
>Vitis prepares the makeshift burning spear and with all of his might, throws the wood into the krakens eye, the eye most closest to Naz' range.

 No.6762

File: 1485980218827.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6760
> attacks the beak again!
1d20 = 13 1d6 + 4 = 6

 No.6763

>>6761
Throwing a makeshift javelin is not easy at all! Roll Attack+8!

>>6762
You miss!

Geldor attacks: 1d20 + 3 = 71d6 + 1 = 5

 No.6764

>>6763
d20 + 8 = 23

 No.6765

File: 1485980440930.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>6763
>>6764
Your javelin misses by a good meter and sails over the Barracuda's edge and lands in the water

Just that that moment Geldor rams his dagger into the kraken's flesh once more! Howling in pain the beast has decided it had enough and with a splash and a gurgle it throws itself back into the sea and soon is out of side in the darkness below.

 No.6766

File: 1485980502310.png (361.64 KB, 689x697, 689:697, spike3.png) ImgOps Google

"I … I think it has given up!"

 No.6767

>>6765
Well… f**k…

>Helps Naz, Geldor and the others up.
At least it's gone.

 No.6768

File: 1485980668155.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6766  let's hope so
>>6767  thanks!  nice throw.

 No.6769

File: 1485980695088.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Well done, you have retrieved the chest and fought off the kraken!

I think it's time for a break!

 No.6770

>>6768
It would of been awesome if it hit, you would of got to nail it into it.

 No.6772

File: 1486491112127.png (251.01 KB, 1092x626, 546:313, twi251.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6773

File: 1486491295603.png (43.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is lurking.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6774

File: 1486492114591.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6775

File: 1486492281951.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

When we last stopped the heroes had successfully retrieved a chest from the bottom of the sea and also fought off a kraken in the process.

You are still on board the Barracuda together with the inventor Leonardo and his crew. They are examining the damaged Diving Bell.

 No.6776

>>6775
Hows the condition of the ship after the kraken attack?

 No.6777

File: 1486492476668.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6776
The ship itself is in good condition. It is a simply made but sturdy boat (more of a large raft really). The kraken didn't directly attack it.

 No.6778

File: 1486492729773.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

We survived?  I'm amazed this contraption held together.  Let's see what's inside this chest.

 No.6779

File: 1486492817973.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6778
As you examine the rusty, still dripping wet chest, you notice that a lock keeps it shut.

It is also covered in rust.

 No.6780

>>6778
Remember, we have to deliver it to the Efferd Temple where Lhimwigg wanted it.

 No.6781

>>6780  Oh, right.
>>6779  a problem for the priests

 No.6782

>>6781
The letter said we must deliver this here treasure to the Efferd temple. Doesn't matter if they can open it or not, as long as they have it.

Though with two Efferd Temples in town, I'm not sure which one is the one we need to deliver it to.

 No.6783

File: 1486493071495.png (214.18 KB, 644x476, 23:17, mayor11.png) ImgOps Google

Leonardo orders the crew of the Barracuda to steer the boat back to harbor and after barely half an hour (the boat is pretty slow) you stand back on sore with your chest.

Leondardo bids you farewell as does Rambok. Both will be busy repairing the Diving Bell for quite a while.

 No.6784

File: 1486493547711.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6782  Will we know if we've taken it to the right place?

 No.6785

>>6784
What do you mean? Were there other chests down there?

 No.6786

>>6785
>>6784
>there was only one

 No.6787

File: 1486493847194.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6785  I said to the right place.  Did you get some water in your ears?

 No.6788

>>6786
>>6787
Then it must be the right one.

 No.6789

File: 1486494069924.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>6788  Do you know the way to the temples?

 No.6790

>>6789
I know of the one that helped me find out more on Lhimwigg, let's go there first.

 No.6791

File: 1486494238495.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Vitis remembers the way well and soon enough you stand in front of the large temple of the God of the Sea.

The entrance is adorned by two dolphin reliefs, the floor is made of marmoreal tiles. The prayer room is separated from the inner sanctum by heavy green-bluish curtains. The sanctum has a blue colored glass cupola. In the middle of the room is a big bowl placed on a marmoreal block, adorned with dolphins. In the bowl is Efferd’s sacred water.

 No.6792

>>6791
>Enters the temple.
Hello? It's me again.
>Looks for the priest from last time.

 No.6793

File: 1486494416765.png (192.69 KB, 531x526, 531:526, luna22.png) ImgOps Google

>>6792
"Greetings in the name of Efferd. Ah, it is you, traveller. Have you come for Efferd's blessing? I see you also brought a dwarf with you - an unusual sight in the temple."

 No.6794

File: 1486494459135.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>6793  This temple is an unusual sight.  Greetings, priest.

 No.6795

File: 1486494560744.png (35.01 KB, 390x390, 1:1, luna41.png) ImgOps Google

>>6794
"What brings you to the temple?"

 No.6796

>>6793
We've come to appease the appease Efferd on behalf of the soul of Captain Gondor Lhimwigg, who opposed Efferd and as punishment would not find spiritual peace until the treasures of the dark god are delivered to his temple!

 No.6797

File: 1486494733767.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6795
>>6796
Yeah, what he said!

 No.6798

File: 1486494761517.png (138.51 KB, 530x350, 53:35, luna25.png) ImgOps Google

>>6796
>>6797
"Wait here…" she says and disappears through one of the side doors. After several long minutes she returns with a grim expression.

"I have consulted with Lanora Seadreamer, the head priestess of the temple. She knows the legend of Gondor Lhimwigg - and the curse that had befallen him and the task he had to perform to clear his sould. You claim you have brought what he was looking for so long?"

 No.6799

>>6798
Yep. Here it is.
>Shows the chest.
And this small box and letter is how we found out about it all.
>Shows the letter and the small box that contained the letter.

 No.6800

File: 1486494976484.png (192.69 KB, 531x526, 531:526, luna22.png) ImgOps Google

>>6799
She reads the letter and nods. "I see. Please open the box then."

 No.6801

>>6800
Hm, we don't have a key and the lock is rusted shut. Will it be OK if we force it open?

 No.6802

File: 1486495115547.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6801
> takes the box from Vitis and opens it, showing it to the priest

 No.6803

>>6802
>All look inside it/

 No.6804

File: 1486495258210.png (257.52 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, luna36.png) ImgOps Google

After Nazom has cracked the old lock open with ease the chest is opened, containing… a piece of wood. A plank probably. With writing on one side and odd markings on the other.

"Is this supposed to be a joke?!"

 No.6805

>>6804
GODS DAMMIT I- Wait…
>Picks up the piece of wood and tries to compare it to the piece of wood he's been carrying.

 No.6806

>>6805
As he examines the pieces, he can see the writing…

"My trusty friend has left me. I have laid him to rest where his body can hope for renewal."

As Vitis examines the other sides of all fours planks he notices that the marks actually fit, forming long lines and intersections.

 No.6807

>>6806
>Vitis put the pieces of wood on a nearby table and alligned them carefully to make out what he believed to be some sort of map.

My trusty friend has left me. I have laid him to rest where his body can hope for renewal.
The wooden beauty guards that which is hidden. Her eyes show the way.
Their gifts were different. But one thing was the same.
Not just the old tower bears her name.

 No.6808

File: 1486495798449.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>6807  Well, that's…  interesting.  Any idea what it means?

 No.6809

>>6808
I have a guess, but we need a map.

>To the priest.
Do you have a local map?

 No.6810

File: 1486495955998.png (304.84 KB, 885x716, 885:716, luna24.png) ImgOps Google

>>6807
>>6808
"Now look that that…" The priestess points at two scratches that - now that the planks are all together - form an X.

"X marks the spot the say."

 No.6811

>>6810
Yes, we just need a local map to compare it.

 No.6812

File: 1486496075831.png (71.92 KB, 279x294, 93:98, luna32.png) ImgOps Google

>>6809
"Well, not here at least. Next door is the home of the Efferd Brotherhood where sailors can rest and find a new pay. There is a small card file there as well. What kind of map will you need?"

 No.6813

>>6812
These inscriptions look like co-ordinates for the local area of the city. At least this looks like the harbour, the sunken city and this the tower…

 No.6814

File: 1486496316082.png (138.7 KB, 407x407, 1:1, luna28.png) ImgOps Google

>>6813
"Very well… I will get you a map of that area…" She fishes a bowl with dolphin ornaments out of her long, blue-greenish robe. She coughs and wiggles it in front of you.

 No.6815

File: 1486496367826.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>6814
>stares skeptically

 No.6816

File: 1486496505259.jpg (8.45 KB, 299x168, 299:168, luna40.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6815
*coughs* "Donation for Efferd…" *cough*

 No.6817

>>6814
>Gives her his four bronze coins.

>>6815
She's not our servent, but a servent to Efferd. Besides she probably has to buy the map which would cost a few bronze or so.

 No.6818

File: 1486496722864.jpg (8.45 KB, 299x168, 299:168, luna40.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6817
She takes the coins with an expression that clearly reads "Better than nothing." before she puts the coins and bowl away.

"Believe me, if I wanted to purchase the map it would easily cost 1000 times as much as you have just given. But I am a priest and have other duties than fetching items for you. Wait here."

She leaves.

 No.6819

File: 1486496793333.png (61.68 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount grin.png) ImgOps Google

>>6818
>As she leaves.
We're getting a whole load of treasure under Efferds name and she's charging us?

>Nudges Naz and Geldor
For a water priest, she is certainly shallow.

 No.6820

>>6817
> whispers
It must be some sort of gold-plated engraving of a map

 No.6821

File: 1486496884346.png (114.84 KB, 365x360, 73:72, spike26.png) ImgOps Google

>>6819
"Well, all we got so far was a rusty chest and a lot of planks lying around the temple hall. For all she knows we might just be wasting their time."

 No.6822

>>6820
Perhap ripping a mosaic map off the wall.

>>6821
I dunno, if there was a legend of sorts of the treasures of Lhimwigg, why would con-artists charge the temple for payment over treasure they can keep for themselves?

And if they did had such people trying to con them, this is perhaps the first time any adventure been close to solving this mystery. She seemed legitimately curious when I alligned the wood up right, I think she believes we're the treal deal but the sort not to get hopes up.

 No.6823

File: 1486497111473.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

You have to wait for a good fifteen minutes before the priestess returns, carrying a hollow wooden cylinder. Inside is an old map which she pulls out and places next to the wooden boards. You have to look for quite a while but eventually you find that the lines on the planks indeed show the city's network of roads - at last part of it. You can even identify the spot that is marked.

 No.6824

>>6823
I see, it's part of the sunken city, before it sank I guess. Where does the X marks?

 No.6825

File: 1486497309775.png (69.65 KB, 248x327, 248:327, spike16.png) ImgOps Google

>>6824
"The spot corresponds to a house with a lizard mark on it… it must have been the Temple of Tsa, the Goddess of Life."

 No.6826

>>6825
Huh? Why there of all places?

Hm… must be where the "trusty friend" is laid to rest.

 No.6827

File: 1486497408015.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>6824
>>6825
Wait, is that underwater as well?

 No.6828

File: 1486497599951.png (86.04 KB, 375x375, 1:1, spike15.png) ImgOps Google

>>6826
"Well… he wrote where he can hope for renewal - that sounds like Tsa to me."

The prietess interrupts.

>>6827
"No, the old temple of Tsa has been long abandoned. It is actually pretty close to here. The ruins are just south of here. Just follow the road out of town until you can go no further."

 No.6829

>>6828
If it's high and dry, we can investigate the ruins. Hopefully we'll find Lhimwigg's treasure, deliver it here and Efferd and Lhimwigg will be happy.

 No.6830

File: 1486497790900.png (275.27 KB, 725x681, 725:681, spike31.png) ImgOps Google

"Alright, shall we go then?"

 No.6831

File: 1486497815054.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6830  lead the way

 No.6832

>>6830
Yeah, this should be more easier. No Krakens to worry about and on solid land.

>>6831
Yeah, you know this city bette rthan us, can you show us the way?

 No.6833

File: 1486498070478.png (361.64 KB, 689x697, 689:697, spike3.png) ImgOps Google

>>6831
>>6832
"Well, off we go."

Geldor leads you south, the muddy, dark waters of the sunken city always to your right. Eventually you leave the houses of the city behind you and only here and there are smaller sheds and buildings.

Then at last - the paved road has turned into a small, dirty path by then - you reach a building that from your opinion could be the former temple.

Something of a hall has remained, wholly covered in climbing plants. Big blocks of stone lie around it, some still forming whta might have once been walls.

In front of the ruin is large patch of yellow and red flowers.

 No.6834

>>6833
>Examines the flowers.
(SInce he grew up around nature, can I take some sort of roll if I have any elven wisdom on these flowers?)

 No.6835

>>6834
>you see the flowers and know they are crocus

 No.6836

>>6835
Well, I guess we'll look inside, find this "trusty friend" whatever it may look like.

 No.6837

>>6836
> consider the flowers and follows Vitis inside

 No.6838

>>6836
>>6837
>roll for Intuition +3

 No.6839

>>6838
d20 + 3 = 14

 No.6840

File: 1486498515456.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>6838
> thinks the trusty friend is under the flowers
1d20 + 3 = 16

 No.6841

File: 1486498576066.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>6839
>>6840
You see a patch of flowers within the ruins… you see a wall that has suspicious cracks in it… you see a large block that might have a hole underneath…

 No.6842

>>6840
>>6841
I think you could be right. If his body has hope for renewal then obviously that renewal will be new life, thus the plants.

 No.6843

>>6841
> looks under the block

 No.6844

File: 1486498966544.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6843
It's too dark to see.

 No.6845

File: 1486499031549.png (63.31 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is sad.png) ImgOps Google

>>6843
Hold on, I'll get my-
>Pats himself down.
Oh…

 No.6846

File: 1486499107714.png (205.25 KB, 446x459, 446:459, spike33.png) ImgOps Google

"I have a rope if that is of any help."

>roll Intuition +3 once again

 No.6847

>>6846
1d20 + 3 = 6!

 No.6848

>>6846
d20 + 3 = 23

 No.6849

File: 1486499420716.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6848
>>6847
While Vitis was still fixed on the large block, Nazom noticed something: Several smaller stones were lying in a strange manner, almost as if arranged.

After examining them he noticed that they formed something that looked like a lizard or salamander - the symbol of Tsa.

 No.6850

>>6849
>Vitis turned his attention back to the flowers, though he didn't want to dig up any corpses under there, if any.

 No.6851

File: 1486499699489.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>6849
>>6850
Hey, look at these stones.  They're arranged like that lizard you were talking about.

 No.6852

>>6851
>Goes over and takes a look.

 No.6853

File: 1486499802640.jpg (49.74 KB, 803x643, 803:643, spike22.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

"Look at that… totally missed it. You have good eyes, Mr. Nazom. Now, who has a shovel?"

 No.6854

>>6853
He's a dwarf, he doesn't need a shovel to dig.

 No.6855

>>6854
>that's racist! And yes, he does. =P

 No.6856

>>6855
Not racist if it's true.
>Sits on the large stone to watch.

 No.6857

File: 1486500129586.jpg (150.33 KB, 916x950, 458:475, elvenking-1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6856  Why don't you just wave your wand and blast the dirt away?

 No.6859

>>6857
Because I'm not some sort of fairy, thats racist presumption.
tch-tch
And here I thought better of you.

 No.6860

File: 1486500263199.png (123.88 KB, 332x463, 332:463, spike17.png) ImgOps Google

>>6857
>>6856
"I wouldn't mind seeing either."

 No.6861

>>6860
Elves use wands just as much as human mages do. I don't need a wand for my magic since it's common spells most elves know.

 No.6862

>>6861
>mages use staffs, only charlatans use wands

 No.6864

File: 1486500476074.png (205.25 KB, 446x459, 446:459, spike33.png) ImgOps Google

"You know what… while you two bicker, I'll head back to town to buy a shovel."

 No.6865

>>6862
A sticks a stick. Now enough being insensetive, please dig.

 No.6866

File: 1486501194196.jpg (45.22 KB, 800x457, 800:457, dig_damn_you.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

> grabs a stick and starts digging
fine!  lazy good-for-nothing pointy-ear *grumbles*

 No.6867

File: 1486501303405.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6866
You use a stick and begin to feebly dig in the ground. If only you had some proper tools.

>roll for Strength +7

 No.6868

File: 1486501354551.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6867
1d20 + 7 = 12

 No.6869

>>6866
Elven sharp hearing is a fact also.

But will go look for whatever tools you can use.
>Looks around.

 No.6870

File: 1486501482565.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>heh, close enough

You have to work real to make any progress but after you loosen up the ground - which takes several long minutes - you begin to dig a small hole.

Eventually, you start using her hands instead to scoop the earth out and eventually you find a small chest.

 No.6871

File: 1486501782317.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6870
> pulls out the chest
so this is mine then because I dug it up, right Elfy?  
>opens the chest

 No.6872

>>6871
If it's Lhimwiggs treasure it belongs to the Temple of Efferd.

 No.6873

File: 1486501991821.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>6871
As you open the chest you discover several blasphemous objects. You see statues with folded hands and without faces - the symbol of the cursed Nameless God; and several crude, sharp weapons that might have been used in rituals.

 No.6874

>>6873
I guess this is it…  Ithink, his letter said he stole from the nameless god to deliver to Efferds temple.

We can finally set his soul to rest.

 No.6875

File: 1486502108654.gif (125.93 KB, 211x211, 1:1, spike28.gif) ImgOps Google

"Sounds like a plan!"

 No.6876

File: 1486502112222.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>6873
>>6874
harumph…  Ok, let's get this back to the priest then.

 No.6877

>>6876
>>6875
Yep! We did it gents!

 No.6878

File: 1486502343236.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

You return to the temple with the treasure at hand. The priests are shocked to see the unholy relics and statues in the chest but take it with grim faces.

They thank you for your efforts and assure you that Gondor has found his peace now at last - his duties to Efferd fulfilled.

They also bring you a pouch with gold pieces, there is 40 for each of you inside (including Geldor). Your just reward.

 No.6879

>>6878
So Geldor, how was that for your first adventure?

 No.6880

File: 1486502387686.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

And for finishing the adventure you also receive 150 experience points + 25 as bonus for defeating the kraken!

Not enough to reach a new level, but not bad nevertheless.

 No.6881

File: 1486502388568.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google



[]
[Return] [Go to top]
[ home ] [ pony / rp / canterlot ] [ arch ]