[ home ] [ pony / rp / canterlot ] [ arch ]

/rp/ - Roleplay

Cutie Mark Crusader Clubhouse
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

[Return][Go to bottom]

 No.5107[Last 50 Posts]

File: 1475846923175.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Roll up a hero if you want to join, you find the rules here: >>5083


THE UNWANTED GUEST
——————-
Gareth, capital city of the Middle Realm and with 140,000 inhabitants the by far biggest city of the continent; your travels have lead you here eventually, a city where everything is possible, where great wealth and great poverty meet.

Not only does Emperor Hal I. reside here, ruler of the Realm, but the city also calls some of the largest and wealthiest temples of the Twelve Gods its home, from the Pentagon-Temple of Hesinde, Goddess of Wisdom and Magic, to the gigantic City of Light, the largest temple of Praios, the King of Gods and God of Kings, highest of the Twelve.

Theaters, arenas, academies of magic, market places where all goods imaginable from all across the continent are traded… there is little that Gareth does not offer.

As you make your way through the easternmost part of the city – an area still bearing a more rural flair – you come across a more unusual sight. You see young woman in her early twenties of stunning beauty, carrying a way too large basket full of exotic fruit on top of which she balances a 1.5 meter long staff. Squeezed under one arm she carries a large book and pinched between two fingers a sheet of paper that could be map. She wears a long red gown embroidered with arcane symbols, proving that she is a wizard. Already two oranges fall out of the basket and she tries to stop them with a foot before they roll away.

 No.5109

File: 1475864638907.jpg (276.96 KB, 738x550, 369:275, DF.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5107
> Nazom watches the spectacle unfolding before him

 No.5110

(I will join, just I don't feel up to RPing. I am still suffering from dizzy spells putting me off.)

 No.5111

>>5110
>>5109
>I've fallen ill myself so I'll only continue tomorrow, sorry

 No.5112

File: 1475915075480.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5109
As she tries to stop one of the oranges she accidently steps on it and with a loud yell she lands on the hard street floor. With a curse on her lips she struggles to get up, fruit scattered everywhere, her magic staff lying in the gutter. She really looks like she could use some help.

 No.5113

>>5112
>approaches the woman
Are these fruits for sale?  If they are, I might be willing to help lighten your load a bit - that or help you carry some of it if you're heading the same way I am.  Where are you headed?
>grabs some of the fruit that's rolled his way and hands it to the woman
(I've got a scheduled EU4 game in 30 minutes, so I won't be around for long)

 No.5114

File: 1475945327792.gif (140.19 KB, 576x324, 16:9, trixie29.gif) ImgOps Google

>>5113
She looks up at you in surprise, picking up an apple or two. "Oh… no, they're not for sale. They are a gift." As she was finally up again she picked up her staff and straightening her gown. "Thank you for the offer though, I could really need some help with this basket."

 No.5115

>>5114  A gift?  well…  sure, alright then.  want me to carry the basket for you?

 No.5116

File: 1475945825981.png (108.75 KB, 300x420, 5:7, trixie6.png) ImgOps Google

>>5115
She nods while picking up more of the fruit, putting them back into the basket, scrubbing some clean on her robe with a sigh. "Ah, yes, a gift… for my old teacher. I'm on the way to see him." She looks embarrassed. "Though I am not quite sure where he lives. This town is just so big."

 No.5117

>>5116  so then where were you going?
>puts the last bit of fruit in the basket and picks up the basket

 No.5118

File: 1475946110682.png (94.89 KB, 341x311, 341:311, trixie8.png) ImgOps Google

>>5117
>roll for Strength -4… that thing is heavier than it looks

"Well, he lives somewhere in this past of town. Just have to ask a few people I guess. His name is Oriak Stormwind, someone has to know him."

"Oh, my name is Morena Gyldenstar by the way. Nice to meet you."

 No.5119

>>5118  1d20 - 4 = 4
I'm Nazom; nice to meet you, too!  (but I have to go now.  hope you're feeling better!)

 No.5121

>>5119
>Laters! And yes, a tad. Just in the morning I feel really bad.

 No.5122

File: 1475949805541.jpg (597.08 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, dark51.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>Vitis Vitalis was wondering around Gareth doing his own thing.

 No.5123

File: 1475950370499.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5122
Gareth is a huge town, way bigger than any other on the continent. It didn't take Vitis long to get lost. Luckily, while wondering through the rural Meilersgrund district (once a village that just got 'swallowed up' by the town as it grew and grew) he saw a dwarf carrying a large bag with fruit - and indeed it was Nazom.

 No.5124

File: 1475950524127.gif (2.37 MB, 320x176, 20:11, Wayne-Double-Thumbs-Up-Way….gif) ImgOps Google

>>5123
>Vitis waved to Nazom.

 No.5125

File: 1475950859382.png (89.75 KB, 277x337, 277:337, trixie9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5124
Nazom was too busy carrying that bag which was almost the same size he was. Behind him walked a female wizard with a daydreaming look in her eyes. Stopping now and then to talk to various people. She noticed Vitis waving and just waved back.

 No.5126

>>5125
Looks like Naz found himself a lady friend. I won't disturb him.

>Goes off, his thoughts on elven beauties and the seamstress they helped awhile a go.

That reminds me, I need to buy better gear. I doubt my ripped shirt would sell for much.

 No.5127

File: 1475951316520.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>5126
Gareth had so many stores of various kinds and so many market places that literally everything coulbe be bought, even the most exotic things. For the right price that is.

Vitis found a big 'Stoerrebrandt' office where many things are available. Stoerrebrandt being the reputedly richest man and greatest trader in all of Aventuria.

 No.5128

>>5127
>Looks through the stores…
I'm gonna need some good leather armour… something light and allows me fre movement.

And I'll need a bigger sword, but not too big.

 No.5129

File: 1475951680212.png (315.69 KB, 731x765, 43:45, zec9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5128
"Leather armor and a sword, eh? We only carry the best quality so that would be 170 silver pieces in total. Unless you want a two-handed blade."

 No.5130

>>5129
Hm… maybe… What kind of swords are there? I heard Bastard Swords are good for both two handed or single handed wielding.

 No.5131

File: 1475951936595.png (64.86 KB, 500x281, 500:281, zec19.png) ImgOps Google

>>5130
The salesman examined him and smirked. "They can if you are strong enough to wield it with one hand. You don't like like that though, so you'd need to wield it two-handed."

[You need a Strength of 14 to wield a Bastard Sword with one hand.]

 No.5132

>>5131
*look like

 No.5133

>>5131
Oh, well what sword would you reccomend me? Or should I just go with a two-hander?

 No.5135

File: 1475952360712.jpg (91.98 KB, 253x649, 23:59, Doppelkhunchomer.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5133
"A classic two-hander may only be wielded by Warriors. It's one of their traditional weapons so unless you have a letter certifying you to be a Warrior I cannot sell you one.

I have a rare Double-Khunchomer here, a large sword they use in the south. Not quite as powerful as a two-hander and very expensive as it is imported…"

 No.5136

>>5135
Very expensive eh? Probably out of my price range… how much is it?

 No.5137

File: 1475952685050.png (449.25 KB, 720x720, 1:1, zec26.png) ImgOps Google

>>5136
"Well, it is imported. I would have to ask 175 silver pieces for it. But it certainly is worth the money."

 No.5138

>>5137
Oh! Well thats fine then!
Would my old short sword grant a discount in exchange?

 No.5139

File: 1475953463719.png (32.05 KB, 192x195, 64:65, zec1.png) ImgOps Google

>>5137
"Hm, that thing? It's not exactly new and worn from combat… but oh well, I can give you 15 silver for it."

 No.5140

File: 1475953802728.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>5139
Nice. That be 160 for the old sword for the new sword then.

 No.5141

File: 1475954021283.jpg (48.01 KB, 821x671, 821:671, zec22.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5140
"Sounds like we have a deal. Now, about that leather armor. That would be 80 silver. But I think you are 5 silver short then."

 No.5142

>>5141
>Was pretty much wearing a tattered tunic with ripped sleeves and a dirty rangers cloak.
Yeah, I guess I'll have to hold out until I get enough.

Say whats the stats on this baby?

 No.5143

File: 1475954641209.jpg (48.01 KB, 821x671, 821:671, zec22.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5142
It's 1d6+6 damage, Defense -1, Initiative -1.

 No.5144

>>5143
Blocking with this would be a bit slower than by short sword, but worth it.
>Swings it around a bit.

 No.5145

File: 1475954831189.jpg (20.33 KB, 138x166, 69:83, zec20.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5144
"Don't swing your weapon in the sales room, there are other customers here. You can use it in the backroom."

 No.5146

>>5145
Oh, sorry. But thank you, it's brilliant.

 No.5147

File: 1475955137717.png (315.69 KB, 731x765, 43:45, zec9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5146
"Well, I am glad you enjoy it. Make good use of it."

 No.5148

>>5147
I will, I don't need to promise that it will only be used for just and rightious reasons.

 No.5149

File: 1475955408970.png (374.17 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, zec18.png) ImgOps Google

"Well, if there is nothing else we can do for you…"

 No.5150

>>5149
That be all thanks.

 No.5151

File: 1475955938649.png (218.8 KB, 720x720, 1:1, trixie25.png) ImgOps Google

>>5150
Just as Vitis was about to leave the store who would enter but Nazom, grumbling into his beard as he and the sorceress still haven't found what they werer looking for.

"Excuse me… would any of you know where Oriak Stormwind lives? He's a wizard, about 60 years old, works as a doctor in these parts…?"

 No.5152

>>5151
Hi Nazom! Check out my new sword!

And "Stormwind"? That does sound familiar but afraid can't say where.

 No.5153

>bed calls, good night

 No.5154

File: 1476007464172.png (251.01 KB, 1092x626, 546:313, twi251.png) ImgOps Google


 No.5155

File: 1476030767664.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5152  Vitis, who'd have thought I'd run into you here!  That's a fine looking sword; must have set you back a fair amount.  and yeah, I'm beginning to think there isn't a Stormwind in this whole blasted kingdom!

 No.5156

File: 1476031872270.png (190.39 KB, 577x572, 577:572, trixie11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5155
"I think we just have to ask around a bit more. Sorry, I'm making you carry that basket this whole time but you're way stronger than me. I shouldn't have gotten such a big one."

 No.5157

>>5156  (will be back in like 4 hours  :o)

 No.5158

>>5157
(laters!)

 No.5159

>>5156
I can carry it if it's getting heavy.

Though who are you looking for exactly?

 No.5160

File: 1476034375940.png (39.68 KB, 158x167, 158:167, trixie4.png) ImgOps Google

>>5159
"I am looking for Oriak Stormwind, he was my teacher back the Academy of Magic. He's a doctor in these parts, about 60 years old. We've been in contact for a long time but this is the first time I actually had the chance to visit him."

>roll for Strength -6 to help Nazom

 No.5161

>>5160
d10 - 6 = 2

Well maybe,instead of finding a name no one knows, we should find doctors who may know him.

Or perhaps find this Academy of Magic if it's in Gareth?

 No.5162

File: 1476034610154.png (108.75 KB, 300x420, 5:7, trixie6.png) ImgOps Google

>>5161
"The Academy isn't here. I mean Gareth has one but I studied in Thorwal. That's not even close. And… well, I guess we could look for doctors though there will be quite a few in such a big town."

 No.5163

>>5162
It be a start. And a magic professor might visit other academies to learn a bit more.

 No.5164

File: 1476034794909.png (218.8 KB, 720x720, 1:1, trixie25.png) ImgOps Google

>>5163
"He's retired though. That's why he moved here in the first place. But, well I guess we could visit the Academy of Magic Armor in town."

 No.5165

>>5164
Hm, well perhaps doctors first if he's retired. Surely theres a clinic we can check by.

 No.5166

File: 1476035130112.png (108.75 KB, 300x420, 5:7, trixie6.png) ImgOps Google

>>5165
"There doesn't. The only 'clinic' that exists are run by the Therbuniten order of the Peraine Temple… and those are few and far between. I guess we'll just have ask around a bit more."

 No.5167

>>5166
OK, so what kind of person this doctor of yours is? Maybe if we know more about him we could find him better.

 No.5168

File: 1476035257419.png (315.69 KB, 731x765, 43:45, zec9.png) ImgOps Google

"Maybe I can help you before you continue standing in the salesroom and block the room for other paying costumers. For a silver I'll tell you where that man lives."

 No.5169

>>5168
Oh, I didn't know we were still here.

(Thought we were walking around or something)

 No.5170

>>5169
>"Just as Vitis was about to leave the store who would enter but Nazom"

Nope. =P

 No.5171

>>5170
Oh, well yeah, uh…
>Looks to Naz.
I only got 45 silvers left…

 No.5172


 No.5173

>>5172
>Naz has 1 silver 9 copper

 No.5174

File: 1476035775155.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>>5173
Ooo-key.
>Pays the shopkeeper a silver piece.

 No.5175

File: 1476035962881.png (32.05 KB, 192x195, 64:65, zec1.png) ImgOps Google

>>5174
The shopkeeper collects the silver piece with a satisfied grin. "Thank you. Listen, there's only two doctors around here. One is Ruberian Terforten and he is certainly not who you're looking for. He's no wizard. The other man lives in a pretty little house with a tiny garden, friendly and competent… and he's a wizard. So even though I don't know his name I'm sure that's him."

The shopkeeper proceeds to explain how to get to him.

 No.5176

>>5175
Thanks good sir.

Seems like a good way to start.

And maybe I can find some loose change along the way…

 No.5177

>>5176
(gonna stop there, football game is up)

 No.5178

>>5177
(I wonder if there is any major sports in Aventuria? Other than fighting.)

 No.5179

>>5178
Only one called 'Imman', it is a game sort of like hurling which you might know.

 No.5180

File: 1476109887487.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

Taking the shopkeeper's guidance to heart it only takes you 15 minutes to find the home of Oriak Stormwind. He lives in the Ungolf Street in a two-storey timber-frame-constructed house.

The eaves on the roof are adorned with colorful ornaments, the windows of the house are made of crown glass.

A small garden with shrubbery is at the front.

 No.5181

>>5180
This looks the place.

 No.5182

File: 1476122019805.png (131.06 KB, 420x555, 28:37, trixie16.png) ImgOps Google

>>5181
"It looks like it." Morena knocks at the door and waits but nothing happens. She knocks again, then tries to peak through one of the windows but the crown glass is way too thick and blurry to look through.
She tries several more times, then makes a distraught face.

 No.5183

>>5182
Maybe, not home?

 No.5184

File: 1476122261650.png (92.09 KB, 308x389, 308:389, blues10.png) ImgOps Google

>>5183
"Hey, what are you doing over there?" You suddenly hear a voice behind you and see an eldery, bald man peeking out of a window from the house across the street.

 No.5185

File: 1476122460512.jpg (70.54 KB, 800x498, 400:249, King Arthur.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5184
Hello! Mr. Oriak Stormwind?

 No.5186

File: 1476122598884.png (64.16 KB, 199x219, 199:219, blues1.png) ImgOps Google

>>5185
He shakes his head. "I am Amram Sappenstiel, his neighbour. What do you want from Master Stormwind?"

 No.5187

>>5186
Um… I dunno.
>Looks over to the lady he's been helping,

 No.5188

File: 1476122874783.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>5187
Morena explains that she has known Oriak Stormwind for a long time, after he was her school at the Academy. Now she wanted to pay him a visit and even got him a present, the fruit basket which Nazom and Vitis carried for her.

Mr. Sappenstiel closed the window only to open his door a few moments later, asking them all to come inside.

"Oh, you're a friend of Master Stormwind then? Come in, come in. There is something I must tell you… oh goodness…"

 No.5189

>>5188
>Vitis raised an eyebrow, suspicious of how this man wants to just invite this girl in.
I know we've escourted you here, but you won't mind us coming with you? Just in case.

 No.5190

File: 1476123119655.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5189
"Oh, please, you can all come in of course. Morena seemed not alarmed at all, being a full fletched wizard after all. And stepped inside the small but cozy looking home. Everything looked somewhat antiquated and there were crochet dust covers on most furniture.

 No.5191

File: 1476123298523.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>5190
>Vitis came in, not wanting to unescourt a lady alone in a strangers house even if she could defend herself well.

 No.5192

File: 1476123466383.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>5191
Mr. Sappenstiel hurried around his home, brought comfortable chairs, some glasses and a bottle with spirits which he placed on the table. "Please help yourself… ooh, friends of Master Stormwind… my my…"

 No.5193

>>5192
>Vitis decided not to drink, both out of suspicion and that he wasn't much for alcohol anyway.

 No.5194

File: 1476123777945.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5193
At last he sat down, rubbing his sweaty hands into the apron he was wearing before taking it off and tossing it aside. He was about 60 years old and poured something into all of the glasses, raised his then and poured the spirit down before pouring himself another. "Oh, that's good… I need that after all this excitement, oh oh…"

 No.5195

>>5194
Excitement?

 No.5196

File: 1476124202870.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

He finished his second glass and poured a third while Morena took a swig herself.

"Oh yes… yesterday, oh, I hope everything's alright." he began to ramble, talking so fast he could barely be understood, all the while he got sweatier from excitement "… yesterday evening when I returned home from my daily walk… keeps the old bones healthy, you know… I was just about to unlock the door and thought by myself 'I should have pencakes next morning…' when suddenly there was a strange, dim light shining through the windows of old Oriak… beg your pardon, Master Stormwind."

 No.5197

>>5196
>Listens to the story, not touching his glass.

 No.5198

File: 1476124614804.png (92.09 KB, 308x389, 308:389, blues10.png) ImgOps Google

>>5197
He took only a break to drink another glass, his nose turning slightly reddish.

"Stormwind… where did I stop? Oh yes, dim greenish light. You know, Oriak and me, that's Master Stormwind, we play cards once a week, us and a few friends - so I know Oriak quite good. And I was just opening the door when I saw that light and thought by myself 'what's he up to this time?' … he's a wizard after all, strange things going on all the time… his hat floating to its peg, pot stirring itself in the kitchen and everything…"

He sighs.

"And I haven't seen him since. Didn't open when I knocked… so, I'm kind of worried, beg your pardon."

 No.5199

>>5198
Hm, well sounds like we should investigate, do you know where we can get a key into his home?

 No.5200

File: 1476125164081.png (138.07 KB, 400x360, 10:9, blues9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5199
"A key?… A spare key, of course! He always keeps a spare key under one of his flower pots! Oh… I wouldn't dare coming with you though. Who knows what might happen, flying hats 'n everything, beg your pardon."

 No.5201

>>5200
Thank you, we will see if we can find out what happened to him… hopefully not turned into a neat little pile of ash.

 No.5202

File: 1476125413849.jpg (6.89 KB, 197x253, 197:253, blues8.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5201
"Oh goodness… poor Oriak… beg your pardon, Master Stormwind! … a pile of ash, by the goods…" he shivered poured down another drink and then another.

 No.5203

>>5202
I'll go and check on him. NAz, you stay with Morena.

 No.5204

File: 1476125768516.png (942.04 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, trixie28.png) ImgOps Google

>>5203
"Oh, I'll be coming along! He's my former teacher after all." she protests. "And I'm very capable of handling myself."

 No.5205

File: 1476125802673.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>5204
Okay.
>They all head over.

 No.5206

File: 1476126014068.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5205
Morena looks under the various flower pots that are lined up behind the shrubbery in the garden. In some of the pots grow a variety of flowers while others are empty. Soon enough she has found the key and unlocks the door with it… carefully she pushes it open while you can see Mr. Sappenstiel looking on from across the street with a small glass in hand.

 No.5207

Hello? Mr. Oriak Stormwind?

 No.5208

File: 1476126497760.jpg (2.66 MB, 2132x1497, 2132:1497, Oriak Sturmwind Haus.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>here's a map of his home

 No.5209

>>5208
>Begins to look around aimlessly.

 No.5210

File: 1476128370659.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

As you enter the entrance room (1) you don't see much of excitement.

There's a long bench and a portrait of a town which you have never seen.

There is also a stairway leading up to the second floor and a door to the left.

 No.5211

File: 1476128439123.png (89.75 KB, 277x337, 277:337, trixie9.png) ImgOps Google

"Hello? Master Stormwind? It's me, Morena!"

 No.5212

>>5210
So uh… Morena… do you know what the good doctor could of been up to before his dissapearance?

 No.5213

File: 1476128538401.png (218.8 KB, 720x720, 1:1, trixie25.png) ImgOps Google

>>5212
"Well, he works as a doctor here. He was always good with medicines and anatomy. And… I guess he plays cards with his friends once a week." She says, poiting back at Mr. Sappenstiel who was still looking, probably waiting for a hat to come floating out of the house at any moment.

 No.5214

>>5213
He said he sae a green flash of light from his window, which window do you think that was?

 No.5215

File: 1476128878289.png (150.2 KB, 425x425, 1:1, trixie13.png) ImgOps Google

>>5214
From outside you could see that there were small windows in every room, very high up.

"As he's seen the light I guess it must have been one of the front rooms… like, where we are right now, the room to the left or upstairs."

 No.5216

>>5215
I'll look there then, thtas perhaps where his study is.

 No.5217

File: 1476129259994.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>5216
Morena walks ahead, again calling out for her old teacher with out getting a reply.

You enter room (2) which seemed like a doctor's office.

There was a sort of light bed in the middle for patients to lie on and a wooden chair for the doctor.

You also see…

- several boards showing how organs would correspond to certain gems and to the stars
- three large cabinets (closed)
- a small cabinet (closed)

 No.5218

>>5217
>Opens the small cabinet.
Maybe I can find a journal or something,

 No.5219

>>5218
>you find that it is locked, there is a small keyhole

 No.5220

>>5219
Hmph…
>Looks through the oher cabinets,

 No.5221

File: 1476129844863.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5220
- cabinet 1: various kinds of writing materials
- cabinet 2: bandages large and small and in various qualities
- cabinet 3: simple medicines, powders and ointments for illnesses like the coughs, itchings, nausea and other 'minor' things

 No.5222

>>5221
Well, this isn't getting anywhere much.
Morena, do you think you know how to open this cabinet?

 No.5223

File: 1476130121268.png (217.93 KB, 570x720, 19:24, trixie21.png) ImgOps Google

>>5222
She nods "I can open it with a spell… but I don't really want to open it and search through my teacher's belongings before we have even found out where he is or if anything even happened in the first place. He wouldn't approve of that."

 No.5224

>>5223
Well, yes. But if we can find his journal or even a hint of what could of happened that could of help.

 No.5225

File: 1476130314933.png (413.34 KB, 686x706, 343:353, trixie27.png) ImgOps Google

>>5224
"We can still open the cabinet if we don't find any other clues. Let's look around more first."

>I'm off to bed now though

 No.5226

>>5225
Okay.
>looks around.

 No.5227

>needs more Nazom

 No.5228

File: 1476202333178.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google

>>5227  hrmph
>puts down the basket and goes to check one of the other rooms (room 7?  the map is a weird perspective)

 No.5229

File: 1476203601243.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5228
The left half of the map is downstairs, the right half is upstairs.

To the right of (1) is the stairway leading up, the stairway exits at (5).

If you want to get to (7) you'd need to go upstairs to (5) and then ->(8)->(7) or ->(6)->(7).

Do you want to head upstairs or check further below?

 No.5230

File: 1476203691834.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5229  I'll check upstairs then
> heads upstairs, checking for anything interesting along the way

 No.5232

File: 1476204171810.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>5230
You notice something as you walk upstairs… with every single step you take the deals are creaking audibly. The house seems relatively new still and well built… still, every step can be heard by your friends upstairs. And no matter which deal you step on, it creaks.

As you look around you find that the room has been separated in two by a large curtain.

In the room you can look into (without pulling the curtain away) you see…

- a wooden chair (fallen over)
- a small table with a pitcher on it (filled with fresh water)
- a small cabinet (closed)

 No.5233

File: 1476204952341.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5232
> looks behind the curtain

 No.5235

File: 1476205086734.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>5233
You pull the curtain aside to find a small, comfortable looking bad as well as another closed cabinet.

There are doors here leading to (6) and (8), both are closed.

 No.5236

File: 1476205571052.jpg (72.31 KB, 730x649, 730:649, Dwarf_e9984f_5689757.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5235
> checks the cabinets in both rooms, and then looks under the bed

 No.5237

>Vitis is still looking around.
>Heads to the study room, whichever number that is.

 No.5238

File: 1476205782533.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>5236
'creak… creak… creak'

You open the first cabinet and find several fresh sheets for the bed and pillows.

In the other cabine there's nothing at all, just several pegs to hang clothes on.

You glance under the bed to find… it's surprisingly clean. But there's nothing else of interest.

>>5237
You're in room (2) and can from there go to room (3) or back to room (1). You haven't found any study yet so you cannot just go to it. Maybe there isn't even one.

 No.5239

>>5238
Bah! THis isn't even getting anywhere. And the sound of those floorboards are getting to me.

Maybe I should check under those floorboards?
>Tries to find a way upstairs.

 No.5240

>>5238
> opens the door to room 6 and looks inside

 No.5241

File: 1476206309137.png (119.66 KB, 426x321, 142:107, dash129.png) ImgOps Google

>>5239
You head upstairs together with Morena to find Nazom making lots of noise.

>>5240
You find that it is locked … or blocked in some way. You cannot move it!

Do you want to try force it?

 No.5242

>>5241
> checks the other door first

 No.5243

>sorry I'm slow, friend's on phone

 No.5244

>>5241
>Vitis isn't suprised how noisy the little guy can make… but still decided to walk around himself to find the creekiest of floors.

 No.5246

>>5244
>roll for Intuition +2

 No.5247

>>5246
d20 + 2 = 16

 No.5248

File: 1476206653091.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5242
The door to (8) can be opened with ease and as you look into the room you notice that you have found the bath.

There is a big wooden tab to take a bath in, several buckets of water, a table with some bowl, a small mirror made of polished brass and a 'toilet chair' with a removable chamber pot.

 No.5249

File: 1476206707237.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5247
Try you as may, you do not find a board that is creaking more than any other.

You only notice that the deals upstairs are all creaking while none of those downstairs did.

 No.5250

File: 1476206789859.png (398.58 KB, 1600x1995, 320:399, Trixie30.png) ImgOps Google

"What is it with those boards? All this creaking is giving me a headache."

 No.5251

>>5249
UGH! I don't know exactly what we're looking for. If only I knew some sort of revealing spell of sorts.

 No.5252

File: 1476206894370.png (139.86 KB, 640x360, 16:9, trixie14.png) ImgOps Google

>>5251
"Well, I know a spell to look through walls. But that wouldn't tell us why everything is creaking."

 No.5253

>>5252
>Vitis blinked suprisingly.
But it could tell us what is within the walls and floors.

 No.5254

File: 1476207083311.png (94.89 KB, 341x311, 341:311, trixie8.png) ImgOps Google

>>5253
"Well, you cannot look into walls, you look right through them as if they weren't there, Mr. Vitis. And if I would look through the floor here I'd see right into the room below… of course unless there'd be a hidden compartment exactly at the spot where I'm looking."

 No.5255

>waiting for Nazom

 No.5256

>>5254
Well, theres these creeking floorboards. Whats up with that?

 No.5257

File: 1476207207621.png (169.32 KB, 530x530, 1:1, trixie12.png) ImgOps Google

>>5256
"I'm not exactly a carpenter, you know? I mean they look well made to my amateur eye… but maybe they are just warped or something."

 No.5258

File: 1476207257680.png (57.81 KB, 945x945, 1:1, Epic Mount shrug.png) ImgOps Google

>>5257
Well, OK. I guess we'll just look around some more.

 No.5259

File: 1476207334074.jpg (2.66 MB, 2132x1497, 2132:1497, Oriak Sturmwind Haus.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

(1) Entrance
(2) Doctor's office
(3) ?
(4) ?
(5) Guest room
(6) ?
(7) ?
(8) Bathroom

 No.5260

File: 1476207466882.png (108.75 KB, 300x420, 5:7, trixie6.png) ImgOps Google

>>5258
"Do you want to look more downstairs or up here? Mr. Nazom is examining the bathroom very closely."

 No.5261

>>5260
I guess I'll look downstairs while Nazom covers the upstairs.

Hey Nazom, from what we've been told, the neighbour saw a flash of green light from an upstairs window.

 No.5262

>>5255 anyone in there?
> knocks on the locked door

 No.5263

File: 1476207948321.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5262
Nope, no one is in there. There's another closed door there, open this time.

 No.5264

File: 1476207991470.png (89.75 KB, 277x337, 277:337, trixie9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5261
"I'll look around up here a bit more. Call me when you need something, alright Mr. Vitis?"

 No.5265

>>5263  (another closed door?  aside from the bathroom door?)
> tries to open the other door

 No.5266

>>5264
OK.
Goes down to room 3

 No.5267

File: 1476208318910.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5265
OPEN DOOR! Sorry for the double meaning there.

As you step through it you enter room (7)… it seem's to be Mr. Stormwind's sleeping chamber.

There is…

- a large, unmade bed
- two chests (both closed)

And there is yet another - closed - door, to room (6).
- a wardrobe (closed)

 No.5268

File: 1476208566964.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>5266
As you are downstairs you hear the loud creaking of the deals upstairs. Even louder now that there are two people walking around.

As you open the door to (3) you find the kitchen and a makeshift laboratory.

There is a large fireplace made of stone with plenty of charred wood. There are also…

- a tiny wooden chair in front of the fire place
- a heavy and sturdy table
- a barrel of water and one filled with sand
- two open cabinets full of jars, boxes and small bags
- a third cabinet (closed)

 No.5269

>>5267
> opens/checks the chests, then the wardrobe

 No.5270

>>5268
What would he need with a barrel of sand?
>Tries the cabinet.

 No.5271

>>5270
>roll for Intelligence +1

 No.5272

>>5271
d20 + 1 = 20

 No.5273

File: 1476208870436.png (175.44 KB, 545x660, 109:132, trixie18.png) ImgOps Google

>>5269
As you open the chests you find that they are filled with some fresh sheets for the bed (yet again) and one contains the clothes or a wizard and a doctor's apron.

"These clothes are the traditional gown of wizards…" Morena begins to explain "Every wizard is supposed to have a set of them. Each robe makes it easier to cast certain types of spells…"

 No.5274

File: 1476208929031.jpg (276.96 KB, 738x550, 369:275, DF.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5273  What kind of spells do these types help with?

 No.5275

>>5273
Hm… maybe he keeps a journal or somethung in these clothes?
>Starts to rummage underneith the clothes, but make sure not to unfold or make a mess of things,

 No.5276

File: 1476208970622.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5272
>You have no idea why there is a barrel of sand

>>5269
You find that it is no wardrobe at all but a closet full of foodstuff: meat, dried fruit, pickled vegetables, flour - it's all there. There are also several kitchen tools, large ladles, pans and pots.

 No.5278

>>5277
d20 = 17

 No.5279

(Oh, I thought those chests were in the room I am in.)

>Checks the closed cabinet.

 No.5280

File: 1476209252095.png (413.34 KB, 686x706, 343:353, trixie27.png) ImgOps Google

>>5274
She examines them, then pulls one out that looks especially expensive and made of a heavy fabrice…

"This is the ceremony robe… it's not for spells but for ceremonial uses. When you attend an important meeting."

She pulls out a very short black robe.

"This is the summoning gown… if you wish to summon demons - or banish them. You need to be nude underneath when you wear it."

She winks. And pulls out a deep red gown with lots of symbols.

"That is the transformation robe. You wear it when attempting to use magic that changes things."

She pulls out a pair of shoes that seem to be made out of bull's leather.

"These are part of the dress code too, makes battle spells a bit more effective…"

 No.5281

>>5279
See >>5276 to see what was in that closed 'wardrobe'!

 No.5282

>>5276
(I think our rooms are backwards)

 No.5283

Ugh, not getting anywhere.
>Examones the barrels again, looking carefully at both water and sand.
Some sort of experiment?

 No.5284

>>5282
(You are right, that was meant for Epic/Vitis)

 No.5285

File: 1476209486199.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

TO SUM IT UP
————
- Nazom and Morena are in room (7), the sleeping chamber
- Vitis is in the kitchen/laboratory, room (3)

No sign of Oriak Stormwind yet.

 No.5286

File: 1476209486747.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>5280  Nude 60-year-old wizards; that's something I don't want to imagine…  Can you tell which one he might have used last?

 No.5288

>>5283
>>5283
>roll for Dexterity -3 to examine it closely
>roll for Intelligence +2 to try finding out about the sand once more

 No.5289

>>5288
d10 - 3 = 3
d10 + 2 = 9

 No.5290

File: 1476209759354.jpg (148.77 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, trixie31.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5286
She chuckles. "Yeah, me neither…. anyway…" She folds the robes neatly before placing them back into the chest, even going so far to see if there are any keys or pieces of paper in the pockets.

"None of them seems to have been used recently… but… there is one missing in fact. The Light Robe as we call it. It is used for various sorts of magic. Control magic, but also spells to … see … if you know what I mean. Like that spell I can use to look through walls with."

 No.5291

File: 1476209878160.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5289
>Nice rolls!

You examine the two barrels, but find nothing otu of the ordinary. There is nothing hidden in either.

You realize though, that the sand is used in a laboratory to put out fires. Because water will not do the job every time. Sometimes you need to quench the flames with sand.

 No.5292

>>5291
Hm…
>Puts his hand into the barrel of sand as deep as it can go, trying to find anything that feels solid.

 No.5293

File: 1476209995260.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5290  Does it give off a flash of color when you use a spell like that?  and how would you feel about me breaking down that door over there?

 No.5294

File: 1476210010669.jpg (111.33 KB, 517x342, 517:342, twi195.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5292
The sand is not fine and soft enough for you to just put your head into it. You have to empty the barrel to see if something is hidden.

 No.5295

>>5292
>>5294
>Rolled up sleeve and put his HAND in the barrel, fingers first pushing it as deep into the sand and grips around trying to feel anything solid.

 No.5296

File: 1476210220033.png (89.75 KB, 277x337, 277:337, trixie9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5293
>While the door from (5) to (6) was shut firmly you haven't tried the door from (7) to (6) yet. Morena does though and finds it locked.

"Hm… I can use a spell to open it. It would be better than to knock the door down."

She looks concerned.

"As for the flash of color - no it doesn't. Most spells cannot be seen at all, sorry."

 No.5297

>>5295
>roll for Dexterity -2

 No.5298

File: 1476210295427.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5296  Do you have to get naked to cast that spell too?  har har…  Well, let's see what's on the other side then.

 No.5299

>>5297
d20 - 2 = 10

 No.5300

File: 1476210505808.png (292.67 KB, 600x720, 5:6, trixie23.png) ImgOps Google

>>5298
"Oh, the rustic charm of a dwarf…" She rolls her eyes before stepping in front of the door, touches its lock three times and explains loudly "FORAMEN!".

With a soft click the door unlocks.

"Piece of cake."

 No.5301

File: 1476210567596.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>5299
You indeed find something… a small wooden box!

*creak creak creak* You hear the steps upstairs.

 No.5302

>>5301
Jeeze what are those guys- Oh!
>Pulls out a box.
A clue!
>Opens it.

 No.5303

>>5300  well that wasn't very exciting.  hrmph.  very effective, but boring.
>opens the door and looks inside

 No.5304

File: 1476210771142.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5302
Inside the box is a small bottle with a pure liquid. It shows a sign of the Goddess Hesinde, Goddess of Magic and Wisdom.

 No.5305

File: 1476210801395.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5303
>roll for Courage +3!

 No.5306

>>5304
>Vitis was not one to drink unknown liquids, so he put the bottle back into the box. He calls upstairs.
Hey Morena? I found something.

 No.5307

>>5305  1d20 + 3 = 6!

 No.5308

1d20 + 3 = 19

 No.5309

File: 1476210953616.png (39.68 KB, 158x167, 158:167, trixie4.png) ImgOps Google

>>5306
You hear Morena's loud scream of terror!

 No.5310

>>5309
>Puts bottle back in box and keeps it on him as he quickly uns upstairs to Morena.

 No.5311

File: 1476211169662.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>>5307
You have found Oriak Stormwind… dead… his shrivelled up body was leaning against the other door, blocking it. He seems half-mummified as if he had been dead for weeks or even months. His was skin cracked and broken but there was no blood as if it was all sucked out. But from the inside! His eyeballs have sunken deep into his skull.

He was still wearing his wizard's robe, his staff lying on the floor.

 No.5312

File: 1476211249424.png (264.89 KB, 822x615, 274:205, trixie10.png) ImgOps Google

>>5310
*creak creak creak* Vitis runs upstairs, finding a pale Morena sitting on Stormwind's bed while the dwarf looked into the other room.

 No.5313

>>5312
What is it? Whats-
>Npoticed the corpse.
Oh…
>Holds her for her sake as he looks over to the body.

>>5311
Seems he was trying to get into that room before… whatever he was escaping from caught him.

 No.5314

File: 1476211578800.gif (140.19 KB, 576x324, 16:9, trixie29.gif) ImgOps Google

>>5313
"Oh no… Master Stormwind…" she gives a whimper and begins to sob, burying her head in her hands.

 No.5315

File: 1476211640146.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

>>5311  well…  this is odd…
>>5312  Does he have any family that you know of?

 No.5316

>>5314
Wait here, I will examine the scene. WIll you be alright?

 No.5317

>>5315
"Um… I… no, I don't think so…" she mumbles.

>>5316
"I guess I…" she starts sobbing again.

>roll for Courage to enter

 No.5318

>>5316  What do you think happened?
>enters and examines the body

 No.5319

>>5317
>Gives her an awkward shoulder pat and proceeds to enter.

d20 = 9

 No.5320

File: 1476211944747.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5319
>>5318
As you enter the room (description follows) and look over the corpse you find that it is entirely shrivelled up as if all liquid was removed from it. It is surprisingly heavy.

You notice that the dried out eyeballs are deep in the skull but so are the lips, the tongue, even the belly button.

You find no apparent marks of weapons or other things that would indicate an assault.

 No.5321

>>5318
My guess, he had…
>Puts on shades.
an unwanted guest…

>>5320
It seems he was pursuit by an attacker, cornered to this room where the victim had all his body fluids removed.

 No.5322

File: 1476212140757.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>5321  that doesn't even make sense…
>shakes his head at the odd elf

 No.5323

File: 1476212184107.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

ROOM 6 - THE LIVING ROOM/LIBRARY
———————————
- a large round table with three comfortable arm chairs, several pieces of paper lie on the table
- two book boards with several books
- a well crafted bookrest with an open book on it

 No.5324

>>5323  checks the open book

 No.5325

>>5322
Doesn't it? Look how he's covered that door, seems he had trouble opening it and it was too late for… whatever it was that killed him.

And with all kinds of monsters out there, or maybe someone with a magical control over moisture?

(Is there such things as vampires in The Dark Eye?)

 No.5326

File: 1476212394588.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>5325
He was actually leaning with his back against the door, giving it rather the impression that he was backing away from something - towards the door in order to escape is of course a possibility too.

(Yes, there are vampires.)

 No.5327

File: 1476212405957.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5325  If this door was locked, and that door was closed with a body propped against it, then how did 'it' get out?

 No.5328

>>5326
>>5327
I didn't say he was trying to keep something in, that he himself was trying to get in to escape something out here.

>Kneels down to closer inspect the body.
I'm not sure what. A vampire maybe? Though they only drink blood as far as I'm aware. Whatevers got him wanted the moisture in his body.

 No.5329

File: 1476212576634.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5324
It is a copy of the Encyclopaedia Magica, opened at a page about the "Magica Clarobservantia"… whatever that meant.

 No.5330

File: 1476212635106.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5328  So then it's either still in here or it poofed out of existence.  In any case it's not on the other side of this door.
>pulls the body aside and opens the door

 No.5331

>>5329
I think I might know what happened here. But let me see.
>Checks the page in the encyclopedia.

 No.5332

>>5328
>roll for Intuition

 No.5333

File: 1476212714333.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5330
You open the door to find yourself back in room (5), the small guest room with the large curtain.

There was no one there.

 No.5334

>>5330
I already have a suspect, but yeah rather check my facts first.

>>5332
d20 = 3

 No.5335

File: 1476212826562.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5334
You thoroughly explain the poor old man's body, also his robe. There are no signs of penetration at all, no cuts, no nothing. Just brittle, cracked skin.

 No.5336

>>5333
>>5334  see?  I was right!
> checks the pieces of paper on the floor

 No.5337

>>5335
I think I know who done it.

>Picks up the Encyclopedia Magica and checks the page it was marked.

 No.5338

File: 1476212971973.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5336
You find that one is an issue of the "Salamander", a newspaper from wizards for wizards.

Some sheets are empty, some are prescriptions like a doctor writes them for his patients.

One is a letter… for Morena.

 No.5339

>>5337
It is quite heavy - like most books are. You can barely hold it in one hand. You remember the page it was opened at.

 No.5340

>>5339
>Picks up the book
Interesting book… WOnder if it has anything on Huldra? Still…
Looks at the current page it was founded on.

 No.5341

>>5340
>roll for Intelligence +3

 No.5342

>>5341
d20 + 3 = 8

 No.5343

File: 1476213311272.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>5338 I think he wrote this for you
> goes to Morena and hands her the letter

 No.5344

File: 1476213436833.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5342
It describes the difficult trade and practice of the "Magic of Sight"… Magic that can find and decipher magic spells used in the past.

 No.5345

>>5344
Hm…
>Takes the book with him (adds to inventory) and brings it to Morena.
Um… Morena?

 No.5346

File: 1476213859461.png (39.68 KB, 158x167, 158:167, trixie4.png) ImgOps Google

>>5343
Morena rubs her tears away on one of her sleeves and takes the letter with a nod… she reads through it silently, her expression showing surprise. Then she repeats it again, this time loud.

"My dear Morena,
I don't know if we can soon both laugh at the worries that urge me to write this letter. For days I have had the feeling of being watched. Watched by an invisible scout?  It is probably just the exhaustion from work, after all, who would hate or fear me so much to put an assassin on my trail? I own nothing of great value, I have invested my small savings in this house, even though it was surprisingly cheap.
But, if the Gods have decided it is my time to leave this world: I have no one I care for beside you. This house and the books shall be yours. The explicit order is with the scribe Gertabis in Old Gareth. Please, take the money you will find there to the temples and have the priests of Boron pray for my certainly not pure soul; even if I always tried to lessen the worries of the pure.
Your old teacher
Oriak Stormwind"

 No.5347

File: 1476213910855.gif (140.19 KB, 576x324, 16:9, trixie29.gif) ImgOps Google

>>5345
After she finished reading the letter she began to sob again, not heeding Vitis and the book he carried.

 No.5348

>>5347
>Vitis just sat by her and gave an awkward arm around hug, trying to be a buddy about her situation.

 No.5349

File: 1476214128607.jpg (41.11 KB, 640x640, 1:1, trixie5.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5348
"Who… would could have done this to him… no magic I ever heard of can do something like that."

 No.5350

>>5349
W-well, I think I may know who could have done this, but I need more proof… and I believe that this spell here could be of help.
>Shows her the "Magic of Sight" page in the spellbook.

 No.5351

File: 1476214457416.png (264.89 KB, 822x615, 274:205, trixie10.png) ImgOps Google

>>5350
She takes the book and reads through it, then checks the cover, then goes on reading…

"I see… the Encyclopaedia. Unfortunately you cannot learn any magic out of this book, the spell 'matrix' (which you need in order to learn a spell) is not noted down in it. But still, he was looking up the lists of spells that can make magic appear befor your eyes - make it visible. It is rare and difficult to study…. ODEM ARCANUM, ANALYS and OCULUS ASTRALIS are the names of the spells.

He mentioned an 'invisible scout'… if someone were invisible through magic you would be able to see him using those spells."

 No.5352

>waiting for Nazom

 No.5353

>>5351
What if they were not invisible, but magically disguised? After all by how we found… him, it appears he was chased, aware of his attacker.

 No.5354

File: 1476214720285.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5351  Sorry for your loss.  You seem to be more knowledgeable about this than either of us.  Do you plan to find who did this to him?  Should we find Gertabis first?  Maybe he'd know something.

 No.5355

File: 1476214727012.jpg (41.11 KB, 640x640, 1:1, trixie5.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5353
"Well, you would be able to see that disguise too. You can see anything with those spells. If someone has you magically under control, you see it, if you are under a curse or jinx, you see it, if someone used attack magic to kill someone, you see it … you can even see magic that was used days, weeks, even years ago - if you are good enough."

 No.5356

>>5354
No, we do not even apprach Gertabis…

I think… he could be the one who killed Stormwind.

 No.5357

>>5356  Why do you think that?

 No.5358

File: 1476214896560.png (89.75 KB, 277x337, 277:337, trixie9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5354
"Thank you, Mr. Nazom. I… I guess I will head to Gertabis to settle things, maybe he knows something.

I would be in your debt if you could help me, of course I want to find out what happened to my teacher - who or what did this to him. I don't know how I could repay you though."

 No.5359

ALL OF YOU
———-
>roll for Intuition!

 No.5360

>>5358
No, don't go to Gertabis, stay with us for now.

>>5357
Humour me on the idea he could be some sort of "water vampire" of sorts. After all as his guess he provided us with plenty of fluids to drink. He also knew how to enter Stormwinds home, where the key was. So it's possible he may have entered here and drained Stormwinds of his fluids.

Of course, why would he do so if he had plenty of drinking water in his own home? And we don't have any evidence to proove he's capable of such thing.

>>5359
d20 = 12

 No.5361

>>5358  
>>5359  1d20 = 15!

 No.5362

>>5360  but like I said several times now…  That door was locked, and this one was propped closed.

 No.5363

>>5362
I've told you, Stormwind was not trying to keep something in, he was trying to escape from someone, someone who must have locked that door or he forgot to unlock it when the intruder entered his home and pursuit him.

The front door itself was locked, but we got in easily because Gertabis told us where the key-

>Realised if Gertabis was the criminal, they're in a trap.
WE ALL GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW!

 No.5364

File: 1476215516652.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5360
"But… why…?"

>>5360
>>5361
Vitis can suddenly hear voices outside and soon there are footsteps downstairs.

Nazom doesn't notice anything.

 No.5365

File: 1476215590829.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>>5363
>>5364
Dammit, he must have called the authorities onto us to cover his trail!

We got to get out.

 No.5366

File: 1476215647108.png (782.59 KB, 1920x1073, 1920:1073, guard5.png) ImgOps Google

"IN THE NAME OF TEH LAW! WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? SHOW YOUR FACES!"

You hear barsh voices coming as footsteps are on the stairway.

 No.5367

File: 1476215842125.jpg (72.31 KB, 730x649, 730:649, Dwarf_e9984f_5689757.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5366
>hides under the bed

 No.5368

>>5367
>roll for Dexterity!

 No.5369

File: 1476216036615.png (712.06 KB, 2560x1440, 16:9, guard2.png) ImgOps Google

"No one is downstairs, Sir!" You can hear another voice.

 No.5370

1d20 = 19

 No.5371

File: 1476216115486.png (398.58 KB, 1600x1995, 320:399, Trixie30.png) ImgOps Google

"W… what are you doing? We haven't done anything… why do you hide?"

 No.5372

>>5368  1d20 = 11!

 No.5373

>>5371  As much as I hate to admit it, Vitis has a point.  There shouldn't be random guards here.  I suggest you hide too.

 No.5374

>>5372
>you are well hidden, the guards have to roll Intuition+3 to find you

 No.5375

>>5373
1d20 = 10

 No.5376

File: 1476216407258.png (255.49 KB, 700x700, 1:1, trixie3.png) ImgOps Google

>>5373
>>5375
Still not convinced this was a good idea Morena headed into the bathroom and closed the door to room (5) before whispering "CLAUDIBUS!"

 No.5377

>>5373
>Nazom, just to be sure, which bed are you hiding under? The one in room (5) or the one in room (7)?

 No.5378

>>5371
The neighbour must have alerted the authorities and told us we're the ones who have killed Stormwind…

>Looks to the letter from Stormwind to Morena.

So… running and hiding, or fighting back like criminals would not solve anything.

I think I know what to do.
>Goes downstairs to the guards and speaks first before the guards could say anything.
Gentlemen. I believe I understand the reasons why you are here. Before you take action, we- I believe I can resolve this matter to proove our innocence.

 No.5379

File: 1476216588673.png (712.06 KB, 2560x1440, 16:9, guard2.png) ImgOps Google

"Back door is secured, Sir!"

 No.5380

>>5377  (the one she was sitting on)

 No.5381

File: 1476216729458.jpg (46.26 KB, 600x337, 600:337, guard15.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5378
"An elf? Explain yourself - but lay down your weapons first!"

>>5380
>okay, room (7) then, thanks

 No.5382

>>5381
Of course.
>Puts down his sword and sits down, leg crossed on the floor. But keeps his back straight and his words clear and in charged of the situation as best he can.
All I ask is an exchange of questions and answers in hope we can resolve this matter.

If I am to understand, the reason you are here is because you recieved reports of a breaking and entering in this place… am I correct?

 No.5383

File: 1476217022338.png (69.47 KB, 270x302, 135:151, guard10.png) ImgOps Google

>>5382
"Mr. Sappenstiel here…" He pointed at the cowering, bald man standing with another guard outside, shivering and sweating. "… reported that he heard a scream inside. He also told us that you were friends of the resident, Doctor Stormwind. Mr. Sappenstiel feared for the worst, blabbering about floating hats and green lights."

 No.5384

File: 1476217129476.png (92.09 KB, 308x389, 308:389, blues10.png) ImgOps Google

>>5383
"Something dreadful has happened, that poor woman! How she screamed! Oh, the poor lady and poor Oriak. Master Stormwind, beg your pardon. Green lights shimmering yesterday night, I swear."

 No.5385

File: 1476217220302.png (29.68 KB, 140x175, 4:5, guard8.png) ImgOps Google

>>5384
"You gave them the keys to the property of Mr. Stormwind?" Sappenstiel nodded. "Under the flower pots, always had a spare key, Oriak did. Beg your pardon, Master Stormwind."

 No.5386

>>5380
>are you staying hidden?

 No.5387

>>5383
>>5384
That lady is actually was an apprentice of Master Stormwind and I assure you she is quite well.

Though… Mr. Sappenstiel, why are you concerned for Oriak Stormwind?

 No.5388

File: 1476217541616.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5387
"She should come down then for questioning. What happened up there? No stalling, elf!"

>>5387
"But, we were friends… well, not close but we played cards once a week. Him and me and old man Bookbridge the pharmacist, Master Deutler the gold smith and Fatty Flour the butcher.

And who wouldn't worry for his neighbour when green lights are shimmering at night all of a sudden!"

 No.5389

>>5386  (sure; I need to go afk for a while)

 No.5390

>>5389
(okay, we'll stop for the day soon anyway)

 No.5391

File: 1476217837603.png (61.68 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount grin.png) ImgOps Google

>>5388
>Knew his game. Even if he couldn't proove he was the one who done it, he will make sure he is just as much as part of this as he is.
Of course, After all, we wouldn't of entered the home without you telling us where the key was.
>Places the key to the home next to his sword.
No forced entry, or anything. In fact, I would suspect you'd be more suspicious of strangers like us snooping around your "friends" home.

Me and my dwarf friend do not know Stormwind personally, we wer ehelping Stormwinds apprentice find this place to begin with for a friendly visit.

 No.5392

File: 1476217977383.png (712.06 KB, 2560x1440, 16:9, guard2.png) ImgOps Google

>>5391
"I said no stalling. We are going upstairs now and you will stay down here with my colleague."

 No.5393

>>5392
I am not at all stalling good sir. Merely sitting here and asking questions. You will find the body located upstairs as well as my friends. They are of course hiding but only because they are scared of the misunderstanding.

But you have to admit, isn't t suspicious how we wouldn't of even entered here without that mans help?

 No.5394

File: 1476218119930.png (92.09 KB, 308x389, 308:389, blues10.png) ImgOps Google

>>5391
Sappenstiel looked confused. "Well, I saw you standing at the door and it was apparent you wanted to visit Oriak. Beg your pardon, Master Stormwind… I would have looked inside myself of course but after all that shimmering last night I didn't dare. You never know what awaits you in a wizard's home, floating hats and stirring pots. Who knows what comes next."

 No.5395

>>5394
So you call this person "friend" but would dare never to ente rhis home? How long have you've known Stormwind for?

 No.5396

File: 1476218216808.png (493.67 KB, 771x569, 771:569, guard24.png) ImgOps Google

>>5393
They looked at each other for a moment to comprehend all that… body and people hiding… very suspiscious. Then they marched upstairs where they found Morena soon enough.

 No.5397

1d20 + 3 = 23

 No.5398

1d20 + 3 = 22

 No.5399

1d20 = 8

 No.5400

>>5396
>Calls upstairs.
Morena, please come down, don't be alarmed by the guards, I'm sure we can all sort this out.

And Naz, get out from under the bed.

 No.5401

File: 1476218342372.jpg (14.6 KB, 300x294, 50:49, guard7.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

After several minutes the guards come downstairs with Morena (but not Nazom who both seemed to have missed) and look rather shake. They talk to the other two guards and explain that they found a body. One of them rushes off to find a priest.

 No.5402

File: 1476218400319.jpg (22.16 KB, 338x335, 338:335, guard22.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5400
What, under the bed? We didn't check there! Extremely suspicious!

 No.5403

1d20 - 7 = 9
1d20 - 7 = 9

 No.5404

File: 1476218455409.png (32.39 KB, 500x500, 1:1, guard27.png) ImgOps Google

>>5403
"Damn dwarves! Hiding under the bed! Get out of there!"

>even now they almost missed him

 No.5405

>>5389
>Nazom: You have been found!

 No.5406

>>5401
>Vitis still sat where he was, with his sword and the housekeys laid infront of him. He was content to stay still and follow the guards orders, all he wanted was to resolve the matter.

>>5402
Please forgive my friends. While suspicious, anyone, man or animal, would do the same thing out of fear.

My reasons for being here is out of good intention and while I cannot proove who has done such a horrible crime, I will co-operate the best of my wisdom to proove me and my friends are innocent.

>Returns his attention to Gilt and continues making sure his conversation wit hthe neighbour is as loud and as clear as possible.
So… Mr. Sappenstiel. How long have you known Stormwind for? If you played cards with him together, you two must be good friends.

 No.5407

File: 1476218642804.jpg (6.89 KB, 197x253, 197:253, blues8.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5395
"Oh, goodness no, hats floating by themselves and green light flickering. No, I wouldn't dare, the Gods protect me!"

He shivered and produced a flask from his pocket, taking a deep swig.

"Bless the Gods, such an ordeal. I have known Oriak for… a year it must be. Since he moved in. Had this house built himself, very cheap he said."

 No.5408

>>5407
So you're friends with him for over a whole year? Played cards with him, friendly chats… and he never invited you around to his home?
Surely a wizard would make his abode more comfortable and welcoming for a guest. But you never ever been inside his home before?

In yet, you knew exactly where the keys were for us to find them? Seems you know the property well for someone who would never set foot in this place.

 No.5409

File: 1476218871566.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5406
>Gilt isn't the neighbour, that's the scribe who has Stormwind's last will… the neighbour is Amram Sappenstiel

"Not a very close friend. We played cards cause I invited him once. But he's always busy. Kind man he was, always helping the poor and barely asked for a copper in return. Terfeton didn't like that at all."

 No.5410

File: 1476218965679.png (92.09 KB, 308x389, 308:389, blues10.png) ImgOps Google

>>5408
"What are you talking about? Of course I visited him before. But only once, pot stirring itself and his hat came a-floating. Never again! Looked like a nice home though. And cheap. Poor Oriak… Master Stormwind, beg your pardon."

 No.5411

>>5409>>5410
You said you never been to his home before though.>>5394 Only pressumed about floating hats and cauldrons.
>Looks around the room. I don't see any such automated spells in effect.

And here's the million-gold question, how would you know where to find the key to a house you dare never enter?

 No.5412

File: 1476219526099.png (64.16 KB, 199x219, 199:219, blues1.png) ImgOps Google

>>5411
"No, I said I didn't dare enter it cause of the green lights. And after seeing the hat floating to its peb and the big ladle stirring the pot itself! … And I knew where the key was cause poor Oriak told me. 'I keep my spare key under the pot, Armam, he said. If something happens.'"

 No.5413

File: 1476219668784.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5412
"But even without them light I'm not sure I'd have had the courage… Gods bless me, wizards are strange folk. Good man Oriak is though, Master Stormwind, beg your pardon."

 No.5414

File: 1476219963166.png (61.68 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount grin.png) ImgOps Google

>>5412
>>5413
Point is, you were by his house the night of his death. You alerted the authorities to let strngers into his home despite our claim that it wa syou who let us in to begin with. And you thoroughly stated that you had complete access to his home,

You clearly admitted that you are familiar with the building even if it is just from the outside and that you had ease of access to it.

I may not be able to proove who killed Stormwind, and my questions to you was not to proove you did it either. It was to proove you are just as involved in all of this than just a neighbour bystander.

 No.5415

(Time for bed, nighters!)

 No.5416

(Ment to say "You alerted the authorities after you let strangers (us) into Stormwinds home".)

 No.5417

File: 1476286349028.png (32.26 KB, 150x142, 75:71, guard1.png) ImgOps Google

>>5414
Things got busier again as a priest of Boron, God of Death and Sleep arrived. He went inside and examined the body of Oriak Stormwind before the guards carried him out, covered in a blanket. Quite a crowd of neighbours had gathered to watch the commotion but even though many guards were there no one seemed to be getting arrested. Some of them made the sign of Boron as they saw the apparent body, a half-circle, symbolizing a broken wheel.

The guards accompanied Nazom and Morena outside but barely asked any questions. Some went to other neighbours' homes to gather some more information or confirmations before the head of the guards made a final statement.

"Alright, listen up, Mr. Detective… and the rest of you as well.

You are all free to go. It is obvious none of you were involved in the death of Master Stormwind, you have alibis or are no magic casters. We concluded he died of a major magical accident of sorts, poor sod. We rule out any other sort of foul play.

Miss Gyldenstar has shown us the letter of the late Oriak Stormwind so we think we can leave the keys to the house with her.

Good evening."

The guard saluted and left with the rest of the troops and the priest. Sun was slowly setting.

 No.5418

>>5417
Um OK…
>Feels a bit awkward about this.
>Much later, Morena recieved a knock on her chamber door… (Pressuming she's staying at Stormwind, or a tavern or somewhere)

 No.5419

File: 1476286586816.png (92.09 KB, 308x389, 308:389, blues10.png) ImgOps Google

>>5414
"I don't know why you have it in for me liek that. I… would have invited you for a drink but not after this…" old Sappenstiel huffs before shaking Morena's hand. "My condolences, Miss." Then he returns to his home.

 No.5420

File: 1476286677873.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5418
>Let's not hurry ahead that quickly. What are you planning to do after they left?

 No.5421

File: 1476286773508.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>>5419
>As Sappenstiel passes Vitis on his way down.
Hmph, funny, I don't recall accusing you of anything.

>>5420
(Just a friendly talk to Morena.)
>Gently knocks on her door to the room where she was sitting.

 No.5422

File: 1476286853355.png (64.16 KB, 199x219, 199:219, blues1.png) ImgOps Google

>>5421
"Maybe not openly but I'm no fool, Sir, beg your pardon. Good night."

 No.5423

File: 1476286928378.png (413.34 KB, 686x706, 343:353, trixie27.png) ImgOps Google

>>5421
>she was right next to you, the guard brought her down for questioning too

"So… I guess I'll stay here for the night. It's getting dark. What about you, Mr. Vitis?"

 No.5424

>>5422
I'm no fool either.
>Gives him a steely glare as he leaves, then goes to check on Morena.

>>5423
Hey, sorry about the fiasco… I've come to return this to you.
>Give her the Encyclopedia Magica.
By Stormwinds request, it is yours.

 No.5425

File: 1476287077029.jpg (41.11 KB, 640x640, 1:1, trixie5.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5424
She takes the heavy book and carries it inside, leaving the door open so you could follow. "Thank you… and thanks again for helping. Magical accident… well, it is possible but his letter keeps me doubting."

 No.5426

>>5425
I have my doubts too, which is all the more reason me and Naz should company you for the next few nights.

>Looks through the window to the neighbours side.
Chances are the neighbour really has nothing to do with this, but I'd rather be a humble fool later than not deduce any possible threats.

 No.5427

>>5426
(I want to see if ⛵ shows up before continuing too much)

 No.5428

File: 1476289549809.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google


 No.5429

>>5428
>What'll Naz do? Or want a runthrough of what happened?

 No.5430

File: 1476290281179.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5429  (I read over it; I'll just wait and see what they want to do for now.)
> grumbles

 No.5431

>>5430
Naz, I think we should stay with Morena for a new nights. Whatever came for Stormwind might come for her next.

 No.5432

File: 1476290450167.png (39.68 KB, 158x167, 158:167, trixie4.png) ImgOps Google

"I was planning to spend the night in the house… though… it is kind of creepy imagining Master Stormwind lying there…"

 No.5433

>>5432
We believe it will be best if we stay with you for a few days, for your own protection.

 No.5434

>>5430
"What do you suggest, Mr. Nazom?"

 No.5435

File: 1476291003580.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5431  If you say so.
>>5432  Before we decide on anything, can you cast the same spell he did to make sure there isn't anything still here?

 No.5436

File: 1476291171197.png (218.8 KB, 720x720, 1:1, trixie25.png) ImgOps Google

>>5435
"I know the spell… but I'm a real novice at it. But, I can. Where do you want me to cast it exactly? Inside the house? I could only search room for room but that would burn me otu completely. I wouldn't be able to use any spells after that for days."

 No.5437

>>5435
>>5436
Sure about this Naz?
If we need the law on our side, we can't use much magic to get the evidence we need.

 No.5438

File: 1476291298052.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5436
>>5437
If you don't want to, that's fine, but then I don't think staying here is a good idea.

 No.5439

>>5438
I do have one idea where we could stay… I'll have to swallow my pride for it though.

 No.5440

File: 1476291372839.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>5439  har har har….  I love this idea.

 No.5441

File: 1476291436394.png (398.58 KB, 1600x1995, 320:399, Trixie30.png) ImgOps Google

"What do you have in mind, Mr. Vitis?"

 No.5442

File: 1476291503477.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>>5440
As I was saying…

>>5441
If I apologize to the neighbour then perhaps he would let us stay at his place for the night.

 No.5443

File: 1476291681229.png (108.75 KB, 300x420, 5:7, trixie6.png) ImgOps Google

>>5442
"I … guess… if he has even enough room for us all."

 No.5444

File: 1476291733204.png (49.71 KB, 445x298, 445:298, Epic Mount hedgehog.png) ImgOps Google

>>5443
Well, either that or we stay here for the night and see what happens.

 No.5445

File: 1476291888405.png (942.04 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, trixie28.png) ImgOps Google

>>5440
"What do you think of that, Mr. Nazom?"

 No.5446

File: 1476291975008.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

>>5445  As long as there's something to drink, either would be fine with me.

 No.5447

>>5446
Oh yes, the neighbour has plenty to drink remember.

 No.5448

File: 1476292091644.png (413.34 KB, 686x706, 343:353, trixie27.png) ImgOps Google

"Very well… let's try then."

 No.5449

File: 1476292171140.gif (1.42 MB, 725x657, 725:657, 1117421__safe_solo_screenc….gif) ImgOps Google


 No.5450

>The neighbour (Whos name I keep forgetting since I'm not good with german names) had a knock on the door.

 No.5451

File: 1476292488664.png (92.09 KB, 308x389, 308:389, blues10.png) ImgOps Google

>>5450
Mr. Sappenstiel opened the door and looked surprised. "Oh, you again?"

 No.5452

>>5451
Yes, I came to apologize for my actions to you earlier.
>Gives a respectful bow.
My suspicions toward you were for the protection of my friends but it was not needed to go that far and I apologize.

 No.5453

File: 1476292671272.png (138.07 KB, 400x360, 10:9, blues9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5452
"Hm… well… it must have been a shock seeing poor Oriak all dead… beg your pardon, Master Stormwind…"

 No.5454

>>5452
>roll for Charisma

 No.5455

>>5454
d20 = 2

>>5453
Yes, especially for our friend Morena. She does not feel safe sleeping in the house she was granted for by Mr. Stormwind, even with us two agreeing to stay with her for awhile.

Then I recall your generous hospitality before I done well botched it up. So we wish to ask if it is alright if all three of us can stay in your abode for a night or two until she feels more comfortable.

Besides, I imagine it will make all four of us feel a bit moe safer, after what had happened. Power in numbers and all.

 No.5456

File: 1476292994366.png (129.13 KB, 751x1065, 751:1065, blues12.png) ImgOps Google

>>5455
He looks at the house and leans his head from one side to the other a few times before finally agreeing, letting you back in. "But I only have one guest room… ah well, I'll let the Miss sleep in my room and sleep on the sofa myself."

 No.5457

>>5456
Sorry for troubling you, especially me of all people. And thank you.

 No.5458

File: 1476293147424.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5456  Thank you kindly, sir.

 No.5460

File: 1476293233415.png (146.26 KB, 457x478, 457:478, blues2.png) ImgOps Google

>>5457
>>5458
"Pray don't mention it." he says before preparing the rooms and offering some more hard liquor to drink.

 No.5461

>Goes to Morena.
Morena, I asked the neighbour if he can keep us for a few days and I apologize to him. He said it will be alright. You'll have his room while he sleeps on the sofa and me and Naz will have the guest room.

 No.5462

File: 1476293360876.png (413.34 KB, 686x706, 343:353, trixie27.png) ImgOps Google

>>5461
"A night or two you said, not a few days. I really don't feel comfortable taking up his space for too long. Still, thank you. I hope we can find out more tomorrow."

 No.5463

>NAZOM AND VITIS
Will you do anything for the rest of the day?

 No.5464

File: 1476293396307.jpg (80.19 KB, 709x625, 709:625, Dwarf_35541c_5698177.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5460
> graciously accepts and downs a few shots before nursing a third drink
That hits the spot!  fine spirits, sir!
>to Vitis and Morena
I'm curious about the creaky floors upstairs at Oriak's.  I might go see what I can fine out
>to Sappensteil
Do you happen to know who actually built the house?

 No.5465

>>5462
>Looks a bit confused.
A night or two is a few days?

>>5464
If you want to investigate the house some more then sure.
>Gives him the house keys.

>>5462
Morena, there is something I want to ask of you, something that I had found before the discovery of the body.

 No.5466

File: 1476293509868.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5464
>Morena nods
"Yes… I noticed that too, that creaking was really odd. Did you see anything wrong with the boards?"

>Mr. Sappenstiel smiled and was very pleased that his spirits were well received
"Finally someone who appreciates the fine quality. Um, the house? Oh… very cheap it was, Oriak said… hmm… let me think"

 No.5467

1d20 = 3

 No.5468

>>5466
>Bows again to Sappenstiel.
again, I'm sorry for my previous actions.

>To Morena.
Is it alright if I can have a moment to show you something?

 No.5469

>>5466  I didn't notice anything before, but I'd like to go check the floor upstairs.
>>5465  Thanks; I will in a moment.  can't let a good drink go to waste!

 No.5470

File: 1476293836416.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5465
>Morena smiled and had a glass too, getting a hiccup. "Oh… I'm not used to this… yes, Mr. Vitis?"

>>5464
>Mr. Sappenstiel thought for a moment, then clapped his hands.
"I remember now… Flores Utman, that's his name! He built the house. Very cheap."

 No.5471

>>5470
I found this in Stormwinds laboratory, it was hidden in a barrel of sand.
>Shows her the wooden box with a bottle in it.
Do you know what it is?

 No.5472

File: 1476293925041.jpg (148.77 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, trixie31.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5468
Morena nodded. "Of course, what is it?"

>>5469
Morena agreed. "Yes, you can certainly look around, Mr. Nazom. Be careful though."

 No.5473

>>5470  Do you no where I might find Flores?

 No.5474

>>5472
>>5471
>Shows her the wooden box with a bottle, explaining how he found it.
Do you know exactly what it is and why Stormwind would hide it?

 No.5475

File: 1476294056628.png (138.07 KB, 400x360, 10:9, blues9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5473
"Hmmm… yes, I think it was in the South Quarter. Not the finest area, mind you, the poor live there. Better not go there at night. But he's an honerable man. You'd need to ask over there where his shop is."

 No.5476

File: 1476294177273.jpg (148.77 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, trixie31.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5471
>>5474
She picks up the bottle, sees it it translucent, like water. She sees the symbol of the Goddess Hesinde.

"I'm pretty sure I know what it is…" she pulled out the small corked and sniffed at the liquid.

"Smells of nothing at all… as expected. This is either just water - which would be very odd. Or it is a Magic Potion. It regenerates your MP. You can have it, as my thanks for helping me."

 No.5477

>>5474
>>5475
ok, I'll have a look around upstairs first and then see if I can find Flores.
> heads back to Oriak's place

 No.5478

File: 1476294266495.png (413.34 KB, 686x706, 343:353, trixie27.png) ImgOps Google

>>5476
"And it is worth quite a sum for wizards, I guess that's why he hid it. They are difficult to make. Require a dragon's tears… and dragon's don't cry."

 No.5479

>>5476
Hm, mana restoring water… OK, thanks.
But don't thank us yet, I will feel better once we make sure whoever did that to Stormwind is put to justice.

 No.5480

File: 1476294350361.jpg (6.89 KB, 197x253, 197:253, blues8.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5477
"I told you it's dangerous at night…" Mr. Sappenstiel shouted after the dwarf as he left… "It's almost night!"

 No.5481

File: 1476294503196.png (39.68 KB, 158x167, 158:167, trixie4.png) ImgOps Google

>>5479
"I hope we will. Anyway, I think I'll lie down for the night. It's been a rather… bad day."

 No.5482

File: 1476294536501.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5477
>Where do you want to search inside the house, Nazom?

 No.5483

>>5480
He'll be next door. He will scream if anything happens and I'll come running.

>>5481
Understandable. Good night.

So Mr. Sappenstiel. You mentioned that there could be a few others who may have it out for Stormwind and you list a few who you play cards with?

 No.5484

File: 1476294599789.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5482
> examines the floorboards upstairs in each of the rooms

 No.5485

File: 1476294720675.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5483
"Out for him? I can't think of anyone who could have it out for poor Oriak… Master Stormwind, beg your pardon. He was always kind, always helping the poor, giving medicine away freely. Terfeton didn't like that much, old miser. But yes, we play cards once a week … me, old man Bookbridge the pharmacist, Fatty Flour the butcher and Muntario Deutler, the gold smith. Nice chaps, good men, all of them."

 No.5486

>>5484
It will take a while to examine them all thoroughly.
>roll Intuition +3 five times, you need to gather 30 points

 No.5487

>>5485
Do you think you can get me to sit in with a game.. and um.. ahem, teach me how to play cards.

Even if I don't win, we can probably make use of idle chatter to see if any of them have motivation or any involvement with the crime.

 No.5488

File: 1476294872046.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5486  1d20 + 3 = 14, 1d20 + 3 = 9, 1d20 + 3 = 10, 1d20 + 3 = 11, 1d20 + 3 = 18!

 No.5489

>>5488
>15 minutes pass… only 2 points gathered

It's getting dark, you should get a light.

 No.5490

File: 1476294997395.png (136.84 KB, 531x490, 531:490, blues3.png) ImgOps Google

>>5487
He clapped his hands and smiled, "Oh, I'd be glad to, I love playing cards. It's my only hobby really…" he got up and lit two lamps and made a fire in the fireplace before getting a deck of cards and some bread with cheese and ham to eat.

 No.5491

>>5490
I don't know how to play cards, but I know there are "rounds" of sort and I need to last long enough to get a smuch information as I can from our competitors.

 No.5492

>>5489  hmmm…  the old man wasn't kidding
> searches around for a lantern, candelabra, or something equivalent

 No.5493

>>5492
You find a candelabra with thick candles in the living room and light it with the tinder you find therem.

>roll five more times Intuition+3

 No.5494

File: 1476295295011.png (146.26 KB, 457x478, 457:478, blues2.png) ImgOps Google

>>5491
Mr. Sappenstiel tries to explain the game to you while eating and drinking more spirits.

It's a game called Inrah (like poker). They play with real money, only copper pieces though.

 No.5495

>>5494
>Vitis tries his best to follow and learn the game as best he can.

 No.5496

File: 1476295364275.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5493  1d20 + 3 = 16, 1d20 + 3 = 11, 1d20 + 3 = 23, 1d20 + 3 = 15, 1d20 + 3 = 8

 No.5497

>>5496
>so many bad rolls!

*creak creak creak*

Another 15 minutes pass, 2 more points gathered. That's just 4/30.

>roll five more times

 No.5498

>>5495
>roll Intelligence +2 five times
You need to gather 20 points

 No.5499

>>5498
Alright, let see…
d20 + 2 = 15
d20 + 2 = 22
d20 + 2 = 12
d20 + 2 = 12
d20 + 2 = 11

 No.5500

File: 1476295630555.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5499
>worst rolls ever! 0/20

You look in utter confusion at Mr. Sappenstiel, it is as if he was speaking a different language. He rolled his eyes as he saw your blank stare and started over to explain.

>roll five more times

 No.5501

>>5500
Uh-OK um…
d20 + 2 = 18
d20 + 2 = 10
d20 + 2 = 8
d20 + 2 = 14
d20 + 2 = 16

Is this right?

 No.5502

File: 1476295757282.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5497  1d20 + 3 = 7, 1d20 + 3 = 15, 1d20 + 3 = 16, 1d20 + 3 = 6, 1d20 + 3 = 21!
(is this page beeping at me?  I have no idea why my computer is beeping…)

 No.5503

File: 1476295779497.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>5501
>1/20

Mr. Sappenstiel sighed and went into further detail. He explained slowly and thoroughly every single card as you apparently never even held a card before in your life.

 No.5504

>>5503
It's just hard… the closest I ever playe with such things ar eleaves in the forest.

d20 + 2 = 12
d20 + 2 = 20
d20 + 2 = 11
d20 + 2 = 13
d20 + 2 = 5

 No.5505

File: 1476295835707.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5502
(Nope, no beeping for me at all!)

>11/30 - slowly getting there

You finished searching one of the four rooms and make good progress in another. It's gotten dark.

 No.5506

File: 1476295920675.jpg (20.33 KB, 541x350, 541:350, blues6.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5504
>4/20

"Yes… I can tell, beg your pardon. Oh my… no, this is the Ace, the highest card. Oh my goodness."

>roll five more times

 No.5507

File: 1476295944113.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>5505  1d20 + 3 = 4, 1d20 + 3 = 11, 1d20 + 3 = 16, 1d20 + 3 = 11, 1d20 + 3 = 5

 No.5509

>>5506
Am I.. winning?
d20 + 2 = 6
d20 + 2 = 17
d20 + 2 = 21
d20 + 2 = 21
d20 + 2 = 7

 No.5510

File: 1476295996154.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>5507
>22/30 - so close!

You have finished the second and third room. Only one more left!

 No.5511

File: 1476296048181.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5509
>7/20

"Well, no… but at least you understand the cards now. Alright, four of the same kind, that's a poker, alright?"

 No.5512

>>5511
So, I'm suppose to have less of nine, four times?
d20 + 2 = 5
d20 + 2 = 21
d20 + 2 = 12
d20 + 2 = 3
d20 + 2 = 18

 No.5513

File: 1476296194678.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5512
>15/20

"You're getting better, I think you have grasped teh conecept now." He clapped his hands and had another swig of schnaps. "Now, for the tactics…"

 No.5514

>>5513
Theres tactics? I figure I just draw five random cards and hope for the best.

 No.5515

d20 + 2 = 22
d20 + 2 = 8
d20 + 2 = 16
d20 + 2 = 20
d20 + 2 = 20

 No.5516

File: 1476296402167.png (138.07 KB, 400x360, 10:9, blues9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5515
>16/20
"Naturally, you can trade cards, remember? And you can bluff too…"

 No.5517

>5 more rolls, Nazom

 No.5518

>>5516
I see, how do I bluff and trade?
d20 + 2 = 9
d20 + 2 = 16
d20 + 2 = 3
d20 + 2 = 11
d20 + 2 = 13

 No.5519

File: 1476296525907.jpg (28.24 KB, 467x350, 467:350, dwarf_by_art_anon-d51gpjf.….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5510  1d20 + 3 = 18, 1d20 + 3 = 9, 1d20 + 3 = 22, 1d20 + 3 = 22, 1d20 + 3 = 9

 No.5520

File: 1476296549051.png (146.26 KB, 457x478, 457:478, blues2.png) ImgOps Google

>>5518
>21/20

You have learned how to play Imman!

"Ah, you got it, well done, well done. And it only took us two hours. I hope your friend is getting back soon, it's already dark."

 No.5521

>>5520
He'll be fine. From him I find dwarves are suprisingly resilient.

 No.5522

File: 1476296832142.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5519
Finally you are done! Just about the same time Vitis has grasped the concept of Imman you finish your search under the constant, annoying creaking of the deals.

You notice the following: The deals are well enough made, all made of the same wood. The wood is on first glance nothing unordinary though it has distinctive dark brown figuring.

You also cannot comprehend at all why EVERY SINGLE board upstairs was creaking. It made no sense. They were well made, not warped and new. There was no apparent reason for them to creak.

You also find no hidden compartments.

 No.5523

File: 1476296969846.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5521
"Well, I will be off to bed now myself… it's gotten late and all this explaining of cards was quite taxing. Good night, Mr. Vitis."

 No.5524

File: 1476296995841.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5522  It must be enchanted
>snuffs out the light near the front door, locks the door, and heads back to join the others

 No.5525

>>5523
Good night.
>Continues to practice playing cards well into the night,
>He also knew that two of his most likely suspects are under the same roof and chances are one will try and off the other sooner or later.

>He finds somewhere out the way and continues practicing playing cards all the while staying up and making sure no disturbances.

 No.5526

File: 1476297137615.png (129.13 KB, 751x1065, 751:1065, blues12.png) ImgOps Google

>>5524
You reach Mr. Sappenstiel's home just before he locks the door. He lets you back in.

"Good night, Mr. Nazom. There's still a bottle with schnaps on the table and some leftovers from supper. Also, mind you, don't go out at night without a light. It's forbidden by law. Guards will you think you're a thief of worse if you're out at night without a light."

 No.5527

>>5526  I'll keep that in mind.  Thanks again, and have a good night

 No.5528

File: 1476297334507.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5527
>Got any more plans for the night or will you head to bed?

>>5525
How much longer will you stay up?

 No.5529

File: 1476297644472.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>5528  (I'll just tell the others what I found)
>>5525  Vitis, Morena, you wouldn't believe it but every single floorboard upstairs in that house creaks.  They're new and undamaged.  I think maybe Oriak enchanted the floor so he'd know if someone was in the house with him.

 No.5530

>>5529
>Morena had alerady gone to bed - I assume you'll tell her in the morning!

 No.5531

>>5528
As long as I can.

 No.5532

>>5531
>got it, you are too tired to go after two more hours, it's midnight then

 No.5533

H-hey Nazom, I'm tired. Do you think you can take the next shift?

 No.5534

>>5529
>will you take a shift? or head to bed?

 No.5535

File: 1476298495191.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

>>5533  sure, I'll take the next shift
> and drink some schnapps of course

 No.5536

>>5535
OK. Wake me if you see Sappenstiel or Morena up and around when they shouldn't.

 No.5537

>>5536  you got it

 No.5538

>>5537
Sappenstiel forgives me, but he is stilla  suspect. And Morena too, after all now that Stormwind is dead she was given his home and possessions which is a motivation. If one of these two are the attackers they may go after one another, or maybe they're smart enough not to try anything until we figure it out.

 No.5539

File: 1476298832622.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

You keep on takin turns staying awake through the night but nothing at all happens.

The morning comes and Mr. Sappenstiel prepares a simple breakfast of thick grain soup with vegetables. Then he leaves the house to go about his daily business, saying he would be back for lunch.

"I will be off too, friends." Morena says. "I will head to that scribe to regarding my teacher's last will and make the organizations for his funeral. I'll be at the Boron temple too and pray for him, like he wanted. Also, I'll check out those boards when I'm back. I'll use my magic to see if they are enchanted like Mr. Nazom believes. See you in the afternoon, friends."

 No.5540

>>5539
Hm… Naz, you go with Sappenstiel, I'll go with Morena.

Unless you want to go with her?
>Nudge-nudge.

 No.5541

File: 1476298957944.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5539
>>5538  so what now, Mr. Detective?

 No.5542

>>5541
We split up and protect Sappenstiel and Morena. Whoever killed Stormind might come after them at any moment.

 No.5543

File: 1476299131270.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5540  har har  You can't fool me.  you got your eye on her.  you elf bastard you…  I'll go with Ol' Sapp.

 No.5544

>>5543
>Was suprised by this.
Me!? I thought you liked her. I thought that was the two of you making noise yestur- you know what, nevermind.

 No.5545

File: 1476299679451.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Nazom accompanies Mr. Sappenstiel who was surprised at first but didn't mind the company. He didn't like drinking alone and always had a hip flask with spirits with him.

Mr. Sappenstiel went to the bank to get a small amount of money. Then he went to the market to buy a fat piece of meat for lunch and some vegetables. He took his time and stopped at one of the local inns for a quick beer and a chat before being on his way again. A little before lunch you were both back at Mr. Sappenstiel's home where he started to prepare the food.

Vitis in the meantime accompanied a sullen Morena. Not because of Vitis but because she was not too fond of the Boron temples which were dark and quiet and depressing places - fitting for the God of Death.

You met the scribe Gertabis who indeed was in possession of the last will. He arranged everything and Morena was the legal owner of the house and the books of Oriak Stormwind. She took the money, went to the Boron temple where she sobbed as she prayed for her teacher and said her farewells to him.

Finally, she arranged everything necessary for his funeral and so the hours passed.

When lunch was ready at 1 p.m. you all met again at Sappenstiel's home.

 No.5546

>>5545> waits to see what everyone else decides to do

 No.5547

File: 1476299986532.png (150.2 KB, 425x425, 1:1, trixie13.png) ImgOps Google

>>5546
"I will examine the boards after lunch. What about you, Vitis?"

 No.5548

>>5545
>Waits outside of the place of prayer for her.
You alright?

 No.5549

File: 1476300070549.png (190.39 KB, 577x572, 577:572, trixie11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5548
"I'll feel better afer lunch."

 No.5550

>>5547
>>5549
Well, if you would like some time to yourself without me shadowing you, I can do that, there is someone I would like to "interrogate"… though I know it won't be cheap.

But if you see someone suspicious or believe someone is after you, come straight to me alright?

 No.5551

File: 1476300254885.png (89.75 KB, 277x337, 277:337, trixie9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5550
"I'll return here after I'm done over at Master Stormwind's … well, I guess 'my' home. It sholdn't take me long.

And you, Nazom?"

 No.5552

File: 1476300379118.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>5551  That was a nice lunch.  hrm…  I could stay here or accompany you, whichever you prefer.

 No.5553

>>5551
Alright. If you feel at all unsafe there, leave and come straight to us.

I'm gonna go back to the market and find that merchant who just so happened to knew where we needed to go in the first place when no one else knew.

 No.5554

(Uh, scratch that last comment)

Alright, I'll come with you and wait outside.

 No.5555

>NAZOM AND VITIS
—————-
Feel a bit clueless or need a hint?

 No.5556

>>5555
> Nazom is quad clueless

 No.5557

File: 1476300695377.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>5556
If you think that he was murdered, maybe you should try to find out if he had any enemies.

Was anyone mentioned so far who might not have liked him?

Also, you wanted to find Flores Utman who built the house.

 No.5558

>>5557  right…
> goes to find Flores on the south side

 No.5559

File: 1476300818966.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>Gave a yawn.
As much as I'd like to solve his mystery for Stormwind and Morena's sake, I'd rather be exploring and looting dungeons than detective work.

I'm hoping it turns out to be some sort of hydro-vampire that needs to be slain than just a some criminal that has to be arrested.

 No.5560

>SUMMARY
——–
>Oriak Stormwind was murdered (shrivelled up corpse that looked like all liquids were removed)
>Sappenstiel saw a dim green light inside Stormwind's house the night he - most likely - died
>No injuries were found on Stormwind's body
>every single wooden board upstairs creaks, none below (except one or two which is normal)

 No.5561

File: 1476301072094.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5559
Well, there'll be someone or something that needs slaying eventually.

 No.5562

>Vitis sat down outside and tried to rethink everything…

>>5560
Must be something I'm missing out… But I guess I have no choice but to bring all those other people Sappenstiel mentioned into this.

 No.5563

File: 1476301174983.png (209.63 KB, 1280x864, 40:27, twi270.png) ImgOps Google

(Anyway, I think now is a good time to be taking a break for the day. Hope we can continue soon.)

 No.5564

File: 1476301244390.png (472.99 KB, 1000x1700, 10:17, pony_fortress_by_khorme-d6….png) ImgOps Google

>>5563  (I'm enjoying it.  thanks again; have a good night!)
>>5562  (see you tomorrow)

 No.5565

File: 1476373851124.jpg (131.3 KB, 733x767, 733:767, twi256.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.5566

File: 1476377320111.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google


 No.5567

>>5566
>will you start your search for Flores Utman?

 No.5568

>>5567
> wanders down to the south side

 No.5569

File: 1476378097897.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5568
It was already in the middle of the afternoon as you finally got there, a walk of a good hour even though it was only 3 km as the eagle flies.

The South Quarter was indeed not the most pleasent place to be, only the major roads with their nice buildings looked well built, the rest of the area was a dump.

>roll for Charisma +2 to ask the right people to show you the way
>roll Intuiton +7 if you just want to trust your luck

 No.5570

File: 1476378426859.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>5569  1d20 + 2 = 10!
> grumbles at random strangers about Flores

 No.5571

File: 1476378655212.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>5570
Even though you are no Prince Charming you find someone to help you. It turns out the woodworking business of Mr. Utman is almost at the edge of the Demon Fallows.

Quite a few men and women are busy there, sawing wood, staining it, packing it up ready for transport.

 No.5572

>>5571  This is quite an operation you've got here.  mind telling me where I can find Flores Utman?

 No.5573

File: 1476379013387.jpg (71.15 KB, 820x803, 820:803, mac27.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5572
One of the foremen nods and sends for the boss. Soon after Flores Utman, a man in his mid 40s with a scrubby short beard and strong arms arrives.

"You were looking for me, Sir? What can I do you for? I'm Flores Utman."

 No.5574

File: 1476379470657.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>5573  You supplied the wood for the Stormwind house, right?  It's recently changed owners, and I was wondering what you could tell me about the construction.

 No.5575

File: 1476379774914.jpg (8.18 KB, 245x276, 245:276, mac47.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5574
He leads Nazom to his office where he offers him a seat before going to his files, looking somewhat surprised?

"Stormwind… well… yes, I did construct that house. Provided the building material too. Good, solid work - and very cheap. Much cheapter than the other craftsmen of the guild. And you can be assured I worked according all the guild's regulations."

He gave a rather proud smile.

 No.5576

>>5575  How are you able to build so much cheaper?  Was there anything special about the construction that the new owner should know about?

 No.5577

File: 1476380075678.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>5576
He coughed. "Oh… well, I calculate very thoroughly and got a good supplier for the wood. That gives me the edge against the competition."

 No.5578

>>5577  Oh that's fine.  But is there anything special about the construction that the owner should know?

 No.5579

File: 1476380564206.png (135.33 KB, 1000x1000, 1:1, mac35.png) ImgOps Google

>>5578
He shakes his head "No… nothing special at all. The construction was easy and done in professional fashion. Um… but I don't have much more time now I'm afraid, my supplier is about to arrive."

He gets up.

"Goodbye, Sir."

 No.5580

>>5579
> loiters around to get a look at the supplier

 No.5581

>>5580
>roll for Charisma -2 to 'loiter' without rising any suspicion

 No.5582

>>5581  1d20 - 2 = 13

 No.5583

File: 1476381015526.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5582
Oh no, someone sees you and shooes you off the premises after a few minutes.

You manage to catch a glimpse of a wood delivery arriving though. Mr. Utman accompanies a shifty looking young man into his office.

 No.5584

File: 1476381206967.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google

>>5583
> grumbles and hides near the exit

 No.5585

>>5584
>roll for Dexterity -2 to hide well enough not to be seen

 No.5586

1d20 - 2 = 3!

 No.5587

File: 1476381478172.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>5586
You stay well hidden behind two rather large barrels. After 15 minutes you see the young man coming out of Utman's office, shaking his hand. During that time the wood was unloaded and stored away.

>roll for Intuition +5 to examine the wood from your hiding place

After that the young man climbs back onto the large carriage.

 No.5588

1d20 + 5 = 19
> looks to see if there's any way to stow away on the carriage

 No.5589

File: 1476381812032.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5588
>unfortunately it is too far away to see properly

The carriage moves off the premises of Mr. Utman and takes a turn, passing you. There is plenty of stowing place there.

>you need to manage a Dexterity check to get on it quietly

 No.5590

>>5589  1d20 = 7!

 No.5591

1d20 + 5 = 18

 No.5592

File: 1476381995535.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>5590
You hop onto the carriage without anyone noticing and hide under a large cover.

The carriage rattles along the cobblestone streets, taking a few turns here and there before at last coming to a halt. The drive barely took 15 minutes.

 No.5593

>>5592
> peeks out and listens for any moving/speaking

 No.5594

File: 1476382177079.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>5593
You are near a forest, it must be close to 4 p.m. You see the young man walking to a shed, having parked the wagon close to a simple, one storey building - clearly near the edge of town.

He returns soon enough, holding a large axe in hand in heads towards the forest.

 No.5595

>>5594
> sneaks out and examines the building

 No.5596

File: 1476382527286.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>5595
The shed isn't closed… you peak inside and see several kinds of tools to cut and process wood. There is also quite an amount of wood already stored there.

The area between the shed and the house is filled with bits and pieces of wood, bark and shavings.

The house is closed.

 No.5597

>>5596
> looks around, for anything familiar-looking from the Stormwind house, in the shed

 No.5598

File: 1476382762541.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>5597
You only see one thing that is very familiar  - you notice the same dark brown figuring on the wood as you've seen it on the boards in the Stormwind house.

 No.5599

>>5598
> checks to see if these boards are particularly creaky

 No.5600

>>5599
Unfortunatley they are not boards yet but raw material. Apparently they only get cut into proper boards at Utman's.

>roll for Intuition -2

 No.5601

>>5600  1d20 - 2 = 8

 No.5602

File: 1476383131663.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5601
You hear the sound of a wood cutting axe rhythmically hitting a tree in the vincinity.

 No.5603

>>5602
> goes to examine the house

 No.5604

>>5603
It was locked and you have no lock picks. You could try to force the door opens.

>roll for Intelligence

 No.5605

>>5604  1d20 = 10
> looks through the windows

 No.5606

(I seemed to have missed a bit, can I have a summery?)

 No.5607

File: 1476384122603.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>5605
As you peak through the window you see a very comfortable and well furnished home. You notice several items like a golden candlestick holder that seem out of place, also a collection of expensive looking dinner plates.

>you notice that you are at the edge of the Demon Fallows, the accursed place no one dares to go into - apparently the wood is coming from there

>>5606
Hi there. Nazom went to see Flores Utman, the guy who built the Stormwind home. He admitted to building it acc. to standards and that it was very cheap. A delivery of wood arrived and Nazom hopped onto the carriage and took a hidden ride in it to the edge of the Demon Fallow, where he now looks around the premises.

 No.5608

>>5607
(Wheres Vitis at the moment?)

 No.5609

>>5608
(just finished lunch at Sappenstiel's, Morena was about to leave to examine the house once more)

 No.5610

>>5607
> tries to open and climb through a window

 No.5611

>>5609
I guess I'll walk with Morena for a bit)

Hey Morena. Sorry this whole ordeal hasn't been easy. I was hoping we'd have this all solved by now.

I'm more for dungeons and heroics than crime solving and detective work.

 No.5612

File: 1476384525745.png (413.34 KB, 686x706, 343:353, trixie27.png) ImgOps Google

>>5611
"Oh, don't worry about that. Dungeons, huh? I'd rather not see any dungeons, are usually in prisons. But I think you're quite heroic in helping me."

She walks over to her new home and opens it, walking upstairs where the boards creak instantly at every footstep.

>>5610
>roll for Strength

 No.5613

>>5612
"Dungeon" is a broad term. There are plenty of abandoned dungeons in Adventuria, not all of them for imprisoning people. Often theres left over loot and treasure there.

 No.5614

File: 1476384846042.png (218.8 KB, 720x720, 1:1, trixie25.png) ImgOps Google

>>5613
"Oh, you mean like an old hideout of sorts. Those are very rare from all I heard. I think you've read too many fantasy books."

She winks and heads into the room where her teacher died, sighing, shuddering a little as she glances at the spot where they found his body.

"Give me some room, I need to focus…"

 No.5615

>>5614
>Blushes a little.
Well, OK. I'll be out here.
>Sits in the front yard, thinking about how to solve this crime.

 No.5616

File: 1476384998267.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5612  1d20 = 4!

 No.5617

File: 1476385141866.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5615
"You could have just stepped aside a meter or two…" he hears her voice as he leaves. "Oh well…. ODEM ARCANUM…."

>roll for Intuition

>>5616
You manage to open the window using your amazing dwarven strength! And it doesn't even creak.

You climb into the cozy home.

>roll for Intuition to take a look around

 No.5618

>>5617
I figure you just wanted some space to yourself. But I'll wait just by here if you want me too.

d20 = 19

 No.5619

File: 1476385354453.png (272.45 KB, 720x720, 1:1, trixie26.png) ImgOps Google

>>5618
"No, no, I just need some free space so I can look around properly. ODEM ARCANUM!"

>roll Intelligence -1

 No.5620

>>5619
d20 - 1 = 7

 No.5621

File: 1476385453878.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5620
You feel a cold shower rushing down your spien all of a sudden. You have an odd feelign… as if a door was opened and closed again.

 No.5622

>>5621
Something feels… of… can feel it in my ears.
>Looks around the room.

 No.5623

>>5617  1d20 = 12

 No.5624

File: 1476385714553.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5622
Morena was sitting cross-legged on the floor, the staff on her lap. Her eyes were wide open and she was staring blankly in front of her.

Nothing was moving in the room, everything was quiet. *creak crea* Except your steps.

 No.5625

>>5624
(If something is going down, can I make another Intuition roll?)

>Vitis felt his ears prickling. He felt something was off.

d20 = 11

 No.5626

File: 1476385895952.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5623
You give the small home a quick search. Beside the few valuable objects you see nothing out of the ordinary.

You find several documents though. You find out that the man living here is Darius Nightshadow. He has agreed on a contract with Mr. Utman, providing him with cheap, durable wood against a nice provision. It was also agreed that Utman would 'ask no questions' as to where the wood was provided, but official it would be from the Reichsforst - the Imperial Forest.

 No.5627

File: 1476386078311.png (398.58 KB, 1600x1995, 320:399, Trixie30.png) ImgOps Google

>>5625
Whatever that feeling was is gone, everything seems normal again…

Morena looked at him suddenly and got up slowly, brushing her robe down. "Well… I suddenly saw some remains of magic in the room… a spell was cast two days ago but I cannot tell which. It's nothing that I've ever seen. Also, strangely enough the remains of the spell seem to come from - or lead to - the walls, the floor and the ceiling. I cannot see more clearly."

 No.5628

>>5626
> sneaks back out the window and closes it behind him

 No.5629

>>5628
>No one has seen you. What will you do now?

 No.5630

>>5627
Wait… wait… heres a crazy thought…. what if… it is the house itself thats the culprit?

 No.5631

File: 1476386282569.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5629
> walks back toward the center of town

 No.5632

File: 1476386314416.png (94.89 KB, 341x311, 341:311, trixie8.png) ImgOps Google

>>5630
"L… let's not get ahead of ourselves. A house cannot cast a spell… it's not alive, it has no will…" She scratches her head.

 No.5633

>>5631
>Back to Sappenstiel's or do you want to search for something in particular in town?

 No.5634

>>5633
>back to Ol' Sapp's

 No.5635

>>5632
(Correct me if I'm wrong on ghosts or TDE monsters)

There could be something haunting this house, or perhaps it is some sort of Mimic?

 No.5636

File: 1476386504065.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5634
Will you even find the way back on your own? It's a huge town.

>roll for Intelligence to remember

>optionally, roll for Charisma -2 and have someone give you pointers.

 No.5638

File: 1476386622089.png (218.8 KB, 720x720, 1:1, trixie25.png) ImgOps Google

>>5635
(There are no 'mimics' in TDE.)

"A ghost? But why… well, I can actually summon ghosts."
She blinks a few times.
"We could summon my Master's spirit and ask him what happened!"

 No.5639

>>5637
>>5638
Magic can do that?
It will certainly be of great help, even if it doesn't hold up in court.

 No.5640

>>5636
> 1d20 = 16 and follows and signs

 No.5641

File: 1476386753125.png (942.04 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, trixie28.png) ImgOps Google

>>5639
"Well, it is very complicated. And it only works if the ghost is actually still bound to this world."

She bings to explain.

"When you die, the priests says you are brought before Boron who judges whether your lived a good life…. But! Some are not ready to depart, they have something they still wished to fulfill, for example. Their spirits will linger on in this plane of existance - and can be summoned with magic!"

 No.5642

File: 1476386825561.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5640
You head off into the wrong direction and soon find yourself at the large walls surrounding Old Gareth, the oldest part of town. You ask a guard there who tells you to head east along the main road and after a few more detours find your way back to Sappenstiel - just as it was time for supper.

 No.5643

>>5641
Hm… by how you speak of him, even after such a terrible last moment he sounds like a really nice guy who lived a good life. How are we sure he isn't still around?

 No.5644

File: 1476386932133.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>5642
> that went better than expected

 No.5645

File: 1476386990415.jpg (41.11 KB, 640x640, 1:1, trixie5.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5643
"We cannot know either unless we try. It will take me a few hours to gather everything I need. It'll be late, I'll meet you at Mr. Sappenstiel's."

 No.5646

>>5645
It's not good idea to leave you without protection. Plus if Stormwind is better off wherever he is I'd feel bad to drag him back without his full concent. Is there anywayy asking a spirit to willingly return without forcing him?

 No.5647

File: 1476387126888.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5644
Mr. Sappenstiel was having a big pot with stew on the hot stove, cutting up some meat into small piece. "Oh, hello again, Mr. Nazom. Had any luck in your dealings?"

 No.5648

File: 1476387247817.png (413.34 KB, 686x706, 343:353, trixie27.png) ImgOps Google

>>5646
"Did you even listen?" She sighs. "I can only summon his ghost if he didn't move on. And there is no way to ask it. And I'm fine, there's dozens of people on the street. Stay safe."

*creak creak creak* made the boards downstairs….

 No.5649

>>5648
Well… alright… I'll let you be.
>Goes downstairs and wait outside.

>Just remembered he had a "Book of Bodies" and wonders if it can tell him about what could of caused Stormwinds demise.

 No.5650

>>5649
>it's quite a big book but you can read it, you got a few hours till Nazom is back

 No.5651

File: 1476387457955.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

>>5647  Hello; it was a long day!  I think so.  quite a bit to talk about once everyone gets back.  Is there anything I can help you with?
> helps as needed
> later, at dinner, tells everyone what he found at dinner (heading off for a while, so feel free to continue without me)

 No.5652

>>5650
>Tries to look up "Death from dehydration" or whatever that could relate to the case.

 No.5653

File: 1476387558508.png (64.16 KB, 199x219, 199:219, blues1.png) ImgOps Google

>>5651
Mr. Sappenstiel welcomes your help in making the food and gives you a good helping of liquor, having some himself - naturally.

(See you later!)

 No.5654

File: 1476387727120.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5652
You look through it thoroughly. The book shows many pictures of cut open people, their organs, their nerves, their muscles - all in great detail. It is as gruesome to behold as it is educating.

You find an intersting topic about how the heart works. There are two streams of blood in the body, the arteries and the veins - in one is divine blood, in the other demonic blood. Both kinds of blood meet at the heart where they fight each other, causing the heart to beat.

You found nothing about dehydration yet. Will you read on?

 No.5655

>>5654
"Demon blood"? Do all humans have demon blood in them? Do elves and other race have divine and demon blood?

 No.5656

File: 1476387978563.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5655
The book is mostly about humans and only makes some comparisons to elves, dwarves, lizardmen, orcs or goblins.

You only learn that apparently elves are built quite unlike men or dwarves.

Also, the heart of a dwarf has an additional heart valve.

 No.5657

>>5656
Huh, interesting. But nothing on dehydration.

I hope Morenas alright.

 No.5658

File: 1476388363785.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>5657
You keep on reading and find sections about diseases and how to treat the wounded.

But there was nothing about dehydration in the book.


At last, the evening came and Nazom returned, telling you what had transpired.

Shortly thereafter Morena returns as well, her backpack filled with several items she had to purchase in other to make a seance.

 No.5659

>>5658
>Greets NAzom and Morena.
So, what happens now?

 No.5660

File: 1476388548311.png (129.13 KB, 751x1065, 751:1065, blues12.png) ImgOps Google

>>5659
"We're having supper!" Mr. Sappenstiel said, placing the pot on the table and began ladling the stew onto the deep plates.

 No.5661

>>5660
Ah thanks.
>Whispers to Morena.
Better not tell him what we have plans, he might be a bit of the old fashion sort against necromancy.

 No.5662

File: 1476388758047.png (169.32 KB, 530x530, 1:1, trixie12.png) ImgOps Google

>>5661
"I didn't plan to tell him at all. And it's not necromancy. We're not raising any dead bodies."

 No.5663

>>5662
Of course not… Necromancy is divination through the dead,,,

 No.5664

File: 1476388950722.png (150.2 KB, 425x425, 1:1, trixie13.png) ImgOps Google

>>5663
"Necromancy is bringing the dead back to undead life. Raising a body or a skeleton. We're summoning a ghost - if we're lucky."

 No.5665

File: 1476389116159.png (209.63 KB, 1280x864, 40:27, twi270.png) ImgOps Google

(good night everyone, see you soon!)

 No.5666

>>5664
But… μαντεία (manteía) means "Divination by means of" All forms of "mancy" are forms of divination.

Since when has words for divination be confused with magic that has little to do with divination?

 No.5667

File: 1476465986461.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google


 No.5668

File: 1476466727409.png (251.01 KB, 1092x626, 546:313, twi251.png) ImgOps Google


 No.5669

File: 1476466961766.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5667
"Another helping of stew, Mr. Nazom?"

 No.5670

>Morena and Vitis continue their friendly debate on the difference the word meanings of certain divination spells.

 No.5671

(Sorry, the site is very buggy for me right now, can't post properly.)

 No.5672

>>5669  Thank you sir!  delicious.  Any thoughts on the source of the wood in the house, Morena?
> waits to see what the others decide to do.

 No.5673

File: 1476468132664.png (89.75 KB, 277x337, 277:337, trixie9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5670
"… and that is how we know the world is round."

>>5672
"That is really bad news. The Demon Fallows are cursed - and highly dangerous. No one in his right mind would build a house out of wood coming from there. I fear that whatever happened to my old teacher has to do with that wood."

 No.5674

>>5673
I know the world is round, I'm just saying there could be other worlds around us that we can't see. Isn't it prooven there is some sort of neighbouring "Fairy World" out there somewhere?

 No.5675

File: 1476468483125.png (175.44 KB, 545x660, 109:132, trixie18.png) ImgOps Google

>>5674
"There can't just be, the fairy world are very much real but you simply don't understand the basic concept of the Seven Spheres and the Minor Globuli like the fairy worlds that are like bubbles in Limbo between the Spheres!"

 No.5676

>>5675
What I'm saying there cna be much more worlds out there thats beyond our capabilities counting them.

 No.5677

File: 1476468651544.png (292.67 KB, 600x720, 5:6, trixie23.png) ImgOps Google

>>5676
"We know that. Even the elves come from such a world. I'm certainy you're aware the birthplace of the elves was not this world.

Anyway… I think we should start the channeling of my teacher's ghost at midngiht. Will you help me?"

 No.5678

(Sorry, but the site constantly times out for me or shows as offline. Can't go on today)

 No.5679

>>5677
OK, let's go.

 No.5680

File: 1476474513724.png (413.34 KB, 686x706, 343:353, trixie27.png) ImgOps Google

>>5672
"Will you come too, Mr. Nazom?"

 No.5681

File: 1476475794529.jpg (276.96 KB, 738x550, 369:275, DF.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5680  yes, of course.  What are you planning to do with an entire house made out of cursed wood, though?

 No.5682

>>5681
Cursed wood?

 No.5683

File: 1476476266307.png (942.04 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, trixie28.png) ImgOps Google

>>5681
"Well… we cannot be 100 % certain the wood is actually cursed but chances are there. We have to be very careful during the seance."

 No.5684

>>5682
(Nazom learned that the wood used in building the house was made in the Demon Fallows - that's where that tower in the last adventure was.)

 No.5685

File: 1476476398087.png (71.4 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is blushing.png) ImgOps Google

>>5683
>>5684
So… I was the house could be a monster?

 No.5686

File: 1476476915488.png (108.75 KB, 300x420, 5:7, trixie6.png) ImgOps Google

>>5685
"Unlikely, there is no spell that can make a house come to life. But something is up with that house and we might find out what if we can contact my teacher."

 No.5687

>>5686
Well… wood comes from trees, and trees are definately living things… so maybe the wood in the house has been "raised from the dead", y'know, like zombie trees?

 No.5688

File: 1476477430155.png (218.8 KB, 720x720, 1:1, trixie25.png) ImgOps Google

>>5687
"No, such spells only work on a corpse and plants don't qualify. So like I said, it is highly unlikely."


NAZOM and VITIS
>do you want to do anything between evening and midnight?

 No.5689

>>5688
Is the idea really farfetched?

Hm, I dunno. Maybe look around the house one more time? Make sure nothing is lurking what shouldn't be?

 No.5690

File: 1476477660850.png (139.86 KB, 640x360, 16:9, trixie14.png) ImgOps Google

>>5689
"Well, we shouldn't rule anything out at least. I'll be taking a rest myself, I need to recover my magic as much as possible."

 No.5691

File: 1476477992854.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

Mr. Sappenstiel put the plates away only to bring some pudding from the ktichen. "I tried my hands on pudding but it didn't turn out so well. Maybe you'll like some anyway."

 No.5692

File: 1476478234201.jpg (80.19 KB, 709x625, 709:625, Dwarf_35541c_5698177.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5688  (sorry, kind of busy at the moment, so…)
> just follows along with the others

 No.5693

>>5691
Pudding!
>Nom

 No.5694

(I'll be off for the day, sorry. The site is still acting up for me. I'll see you tomorrow!)

 No.5695

File: 1476555974222.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google


 No.5696

>>5695
Is it… chocolate pudding?

 No.5697

File: 1476556548782.png (92.09 KB, 308x389, 308:389, blues10.png) ImgOps Google

>>5696
Sappenstiel looks in surprise, then realizes you probably have no idea how rare and expensive chocolate is. "Oh goodness, it's apple pudding. Chocolate? I could never afford that in my life. That's for wealthy traders and the nobility."

 No.5698

>>5697
Oh.. sorry. Chocolate.. it's just a very fond memory from that time a really nice trader came by when I was just a young teen. Told me stories of the outside world, gave me chocolate for the fitrst time, inspired me for adventure.

 No.5699

File: 1476556788215.jpg (20.33 KB, 541x350, 541:350, blues6.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5698
"You're one lucky fellow, Mr. Vitis. I'll never have something like chocolate or… or vanilla. That stuff is worth its weight in gold. Ah well… try the apple pudding."

 No.5700

>>5699
OK.
>Nom.

Mmm, reminds me of (whatever equivilent to Harvest Festival in Adventuria).

 No.5701

File: 1476557041239.jpg (51.34 KB, 632x632, 1:1, blues7.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5700
"Oh, thank you, thank you. I wanted to make one for Oriak too, always was a picky eater. Master Stormwind, beg your pardon… Can hardly believe he's not around anymore. We got our card game in two weeks, won't be easy breaking it to the others."

 No.5702

>>5701
I can help with that.

Though I'm hoping we can solve this mystery by then.

 No.5703

File: 1476557272932.png (250.83 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, blues11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5702
"Wel… if there is anythign to solve in the first place." He shrugs and has some pudding on his own, also giving some to Nazom.

"I'll be heading to bed after lunch. You be careful… whatever it is you'll be trying there." He nods towards Morena who was in thought.

 No.5704

>>5703
OK. Thanks.

 No.5705

File: 1476557434473.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

If you got no more plans of things you want to do I'll fast-forward the story to 30 before midnight.

 No.5706

File: 1476558091793.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

Night had come soon enough and Morena, Nazom and Vitis made their weay across the street to Stormwind's old home.

As they entered they instantly noticed that all the tiels were creaking - not just those upstairs but those downstairs too. The strange phenomenom started earlier when Morena examined the room her teacher died in.

This very room was where she was now headed, bringing all the items she needed for the seance.

 No.5707

>>5706
>Heard creeking
Is someone here?

 No.5708

File: 1476559268203.png (108.75 KB, 300x420, 5:7, trixie6.png) ImgOps Google

>>5707
"That's us, Mr. Vitis. I don't know why the boards downstairs have suddenly started to creak as well."

 No.5709

>>5708
You do your thing. Nazom, stay with her.
>Vitis goes down to investigate.

 No.5710

>>5709
>roll for Intuition to look around

 No.5711

>>5710
d20 = 11 >Looks around.

 No.5712

File: 1476559487359.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>5711
Even though you look around very thoroughly you find nothing out of the ordinary. But every step you take is followed by an eerie creak. It is pitch dark outside by now.

 No.5713

>>5712
>Is still suspicious but heads back up stairs.

 No.5714

File: 1476559771267.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Upstairs Morena had moved the round table into the middle of the room, cleared it of the papers that were lying on it and place three chairs around it, one for each of you. She had placed several thick candles on the table and drawn a an pentagram on it with red chalks along with several symbols. In the middle of the pentagram she placed a locket that belonged to her tacher.

 No.5715

File: 1476559861556.jpg (225.71 KB, 700x906, 350:453, Story of the Blanks chicha….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5714
Spooky.

 No.5716

File: 1476559878438.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>5714  Do you really think this will work?

 No.5717

File: 1476560115453.jpg (148.77 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, trixie31.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5715
>>5716
"Only one way to find out… and that is to try it."

She waited until it was only minutes away from midnight before she sat down and beckoned you to do so as well.

>roll for Courage to dare taking part in the seance

 No.5718

>>5717
d20 = 18

 No.5719

>>5717  1d20 = 18

 No.5720

File: 1476560332622.png (190.39 KB, 577x572, 577:572, trixie11.png) ImgOps Google

>>5718
>>5719
Morena notices the fear in your eyes and nods. "It is alright… I can do it on my own if you're too afraid. Can't blame you."

 No.5721

>>5720
A-afraid? Me, no.. Just… dunno if this is the "right thing" to do… ahem

(Can I courage roll again?) d20 = 14

 No.5722

>>5721
>yes, but don't roll before I ask you to

You can try to repeat with Courage+1.

 No.5723

>>5722
>Nazom, you can try again too if you like

 No.5724

>>5722
>Takes deep breath and tries to stand brave.
d20 + 1 = 4

 No.5725

>>5720  afraid!?  ha!  certainly not
>backs away slowly  1d20 + 1 = 19

 No.5726

File: 1476560721030.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5724
>Looks like someone found his courage!

>>5725
>Oh no, you're even moer intimidated than before.

Vitis, you can try talking some courage into Nazom!

 No.5727

>>5726
>>5725
C'mon Naz.
>Sits down next to Morena.
I'm not scared. Or rather would you be comfortable under the bed again?

 No.5728

>>5727
>you can roll for Charisma to be extra convincing

 No.5729

>>5728
C'mon Naz, are you a man or a dwarf?
d20 = 1

 No.5730

File: 1476561281477.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>5729
>Nice, a critical success!

Nazom, you got a final chance! Roll Courage-5!

 No.5731

File: 1476561344891.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5729  I'm the dwarfiest dwarf that ever dwarfed!
>>5730  1d20 - 5 = 8

 No.5732

>>5731
>Such bravery!

 No.5733

>>5732
> has a seat at the table
> grumbles at the elf

 No.5734

File: 1476561661821.png (413.34 KB, 686x706, 343:353, trixie27.png) ImgOps Google

Morena smiles at both of you. "Now, we hold each other's hands… it is important that you don't let go as long as I cast the spell. Don't talk and don't get up."

 No.5735

>>5734
>Holds Morena and Nazoms hands.

 No.5736

>>5734
>>5735
> grumbles and does the same

 No.5737

File: 1476562163230.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Morena had the candles lit and as midnight came she began to focus and sank into a trance…

As she mumbled the words "Manes, obsecrati sitis", barely audible, over and over again you noticed that the wooden boards began to creak… gently at first, then as the seconds passed louder and louder.

 No.5738

File: 1476562468283.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

Morena continued to mumble the magic spell… there was a sudden gust of wind, the candle lights began to flicker… the creaking got louder and louder… then even the walls began to creak!

 No.5739

>Nazon and Vitis - what are you doing?

 No.5740

>Vitis held onto his friends hands tightly no matter what.

 No.5741

>>5739
>keeps holding hands and looks around

 No.5742

File: 1476562923651.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

Suddenly… there was a green dim light glowing from the walls! The creaking got so loud that you could barely hear a word anymore…. Morena was sweating, barely able to keep her focus…

Then you saw it! A shape began to crystallize out of thing air, as if something was trying to make its way into this world from 'outside'!

>roll for Courage!

 No.5743

>>5742
>Gulps. and grips onto Morenas hands no matter what.
d20 = 4

 No.5744

File: 1476563172554.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5742  1d20 = 14!

 No.5745

File: 1476563549540.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5744
Nazom jumps up and gives a gives a dwarvish curse as the creature takes form … it is vaguely human but with four arms, the head reminding more of a bulls… slowly the creature floats towards you for its feet do not touch the ground.

>Nazom - your move - you can attack or do something else.

 No.5746

File: 1476563995337.png (41.21 KB, 479x93, 479:93, SNAFU.png) ImgOps Google

>>5745  yells at Morena, "I'm guessing that isn't Oriak!"
> backs away quickly

 No.5747

File: 1476564232062.png (175.08 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, trixie33.png) ImgOps Google

"N…. no! It isn't… what the…" Suddenly the creature rushes towards Morena, touches her with a hand before she can do anything in her seated position and with a yell of pain she crumbles to the floor!

 No.5748

>Nazom and Vitis, you can throw a blow at the creature! Or do anything else.

 No.5749

File: 1476564333536.gif (9.84 KB, 320x128, 5:2, dwarfattack.gif) ImgOps Google

>>5748
> attacks the beast  1d20 = 14  1d6 + 4 = 10?

 No.5750

>>5749
>that's right

As the creature is too busy to pay any attention to you you hit with a mighty blow!

 No.5751

>Vitis, your turn

 No.5752

Aw crap! MORENA!

>Time for battle and draws his sword to attack.
d20 = 17d6 + 6 = 8

 No.5753

>>5752
Oh no, you miss!

1d6 = 5

The creature turns around and tries to touch Vitis!

1d20 = 16 for potential 2d6 + 1 = 8 damage.

 No.5754

>>5753
>it missed!

Nazom, your turn!

 No.5755

>>5753
What the heck are we dealing with? … and can silver harm it?

 No.5756

>>5755
>roll for Intelligence but you forfeit your attack this turn if you do!

 No.5757

File: 1476564743722.png (76.78 KB, 500x375, 4:3, tumblr_mnsve5WkIj1snsprdo1….png) ImgOps Google

>>5754
> attacks again!  1d20 = 17 1d6 + 4 = 6

 No.5758

>>5757
>you miss!

 No.5759

>Tries to attack again.
d20 = 12d6 + 6 = 12

 No.5760

>>5759
>you miss - so close!

The creature tries to touch Vitis again! 1d20 = 11 for potential [2d+1] damage.

 No.5761

>>5760
It hits! 2d6 + 1 = 7

Vitis, try to defend!

 No.5762

>>5761
Shit! d20 = 1

 No.5763

>>5762
Excellent!

Nazom, your turn!

 No.5764

File: 1476565004146.png (55.64 KB, 507x276, 169:92, batdwarf vs zombies.png) ImgOps Google

>>5763
>attacks from behind!  1d20 = 7 1d6 + 4 = 10

 No.5765

>>5764
The creature tries to defend! 1d20 = 3

 No.5766

>>5765
It moves out of the way!

Vitis, your turn!

 No.5767

This is getting us nowhere, What the heck is this thing?
d20 = 1

 No.5768

File: 1476565232230.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>5767
>critical success

You have never seen a crature like this before… it might be a demon but you do not feel this immense aura of hatred that goes with them.

Whatever it is it has come from Limbo, the grey, endless void between the Spheres.

You have your doubts that silver would do any harm to it.

And you have to strange hinch that you should not try to attack it with magic! But this is more a feeling than anything else.

 No.5769

The creature seems to have a love for Vitis for some reason, focusing solely on him….

1d20 = 3 for 2d6 + 1 = 10

 No.5770

>>5769
>Vitis, roll for defense!

 No.5771

>>5768
A limbo creature… of the void… If we can't harm it, we need to force it back in…

d20 = 4

 No.5772

>>5771
Well done.

>NAZOM - Your turn!

 No.5773

File: 1476565453349.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>5771  How abut I force my sword into its throat!
>>5772  1d20 = 16 1d6 + 4 = 9!

 No.5774

>>5773
>Alas, you miss!

Morena was still lying on the ground, groaning in pain.

 No.5775

>>5773
It.. seems to want… me…

>Attacks.
d20 = 13d6 + 6 = 7

 No.5776

>>5775
>You miss…

The creature tries to touch Vitis once more 1d20 = 9 for 2d6 + 1 = 11

 No.5777

>>5776
>Vitis, roll defense!

 No.5778

>>5776
Shit! d20 = 11

 No.5779

>>5778
Oh no! It touches you! You feel a terrible pain and lose 10 HP… also, you loss 1d6 = 1 MP!

 No.5780

>NAZOM - Your turn!

 No.5781

>>5779
Aack!
>Backs away from the monster.

 No.5782

Got to.. stop that thing!

>Works up his courage and attacks again.
d20 = 13d6 + 6 = 12

 No.5783

>>5782
>What a might blow! … but you miss…

The creature attacks again! 1d20 = 14 for 2d6 + 1 = 9

 No.5784

File: 1476566083171.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5783
>it misses…

Still waiting for Nazom!

 No.5785

>>5784
N-NAZOM… IT WANTS MAGIC! ATTACK IT, IT WANTS ME!

 No.5786

File: 1476566242327.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

You notice the creaking getting ever louder…. the windows suddenly shatter all around you, a cold gust blows through the house… brittle clay falls off the grooves that keep the walls together.

 No.5787

>>5786
SHIT.
>Tries to stab it at the probable most vital spot.
d20 = 19d6 + 6 = 9

 No.5788

>>5787
>ou miss…

The creature attacks again! 1d20 = 14 for 2d6 + 1 = 13

 No.5789

>>5788
>missed again

 No.5790

>Nazom … you attack three times by now!

 No.5791

File: 1476566395185.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>5780
> attacks again!  1d20 = 15 1d6 + 4 = 10

 No.5792

File: 1476566460603.gif (9.84 KB, 320x128, 5:2, dwarfattack.gif) ImgOps Google

>>5790
1d20 = 17 1d6 + 4 = 9!
1d20 = 19 1d6 + 4 = 5!

 No.5793

>>5791
>>5792
>and they all miss! booh!

 No.5794

NAZOM AND VITIS: Roll for Intelligence!

 No.5795

>>5793
> (afk a bit, keeps attacking)
>>5794 1d20 = 10

 No.5796

Pete sake Naz it just wants me, I have it distracted!

>>5794
d20 = 1

 No.5797

File: 1476566934347.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5795
>>5796
You have the bad feeling that if this keeps up the whole building will collapse!

 No.5798

>Vitis, your turn attack - or do you want to do something else?

 No.5799

>>5795
(I'll be rolling for you in the meantime)

 No.5800

>>5798
>Pick up Morena and GTFO. The monster should follow us.

 No.5801

>>5800
You need to roll for Strength+3 in order to pick Morena up!

 No.5802

>>5801
d20 + 3 = 10

 No.5803

>>5799  (back)

 No.5804

>>5802
She's heavier than you thought!

1d20 = 10 for [2d+1]

 No.5805

>>5804
2d6 + 1 = 8

 No.5806

>>5804
>Tries again.
MORENA, WAKE UP. WE HAVE TO LEAVE.

 No.5807

>>5803
The creature has its back turned to you. While this is the case all your attack rolls are -4! Your turn!

 No.5808

File: 1476567398944.png (76.78 KB, 500x375, 4:3, tumblr_mnsve5WkIj1snsprdo1….png) ImgOps Google

>>5807  1d20 - 4 = 3 1d6 + 4 = 7

 No.5809

>>5808
You hit! The Creature is busy with Vitis and cannot defend.

 No.5810

>>5806
Do you want to try to lift her up again? It's still Strength +3!

But be aware the creature can attack you with you having no chance to defend!

 No.5811

1d6 = 5

 No.5812

>Vitis was getting hurt bad by the creature, but VItis wanted to get Morena out of the house. He wanted to flee but feared the monster will turn on Morena without him as a source of magic.

MORENA, WAKE UP!
>Tries with all his might to pick her up and GTFO of the house.
d20 + 3 = 12

 No.5813

>>5812
1d20 = 7 for 2d6 + 1 = 11

 No.5814

>>5813
>another hit, you're down to 1 HP! You also lose 1d6 = 3 MP

>NAZOM - Your turn! Still -4 on Attack.

 No.5815

File: 1476567798034.gif (140.19 KB, 576x324, 16:9, trixie29.gif) ImgOps Google

"W… what happened…?"

 No.5816

>>5814  1d20 - 4 = 9 1d6 + 4 = 7!

 No.5817

>Fell the the floor, was hanging on by a thread and couldn't move Morena.

Alright, I didn't wanna have to do this but…
>>5815
>Realised she just woken up.
Morena, you got to get out of here!

 No.5818

>>5816
>You hit… Epic, your turn!

 No.5819

File: 1476567944099.gif (1.01 MB, 305x474, 305:474, trixie24.gif) ImgOps Google

>>5817
>>5818
Boards came crashing down around you… one of the walls seemed to slowly lean towards you…

"We have to get out of here!"

 No.5820

>Nazom and Vitis, what are you doing?

 No.5821

>>5819
It wants magic, it will go after you next, you have to get out. I'll- *cough* I'll distract it for as long as I can!

>Vitis gets to his feet and lunges at the monster, wrangling it and trying to make it more easier for Nazom.

 No.5822

>>5820  1d20 - 4 = 3 1d6 + 4 = 7!

 No.5823

>Vitis was in no condition to keep going, but needs to stall the monster long enough for Morena to run away and for Naz to finish it.
>Attacks
d20 = 14d6 + 6 = 10

 No.5824

1d20 = 5

 No.5825

>>5823
>you miss

Morena tries to stumble past the creature! The creature tries to touch her!

1d20 = 9 [2d+1] 1d6 = 5

 No.5826

2d6 + 1 = 9

 No.5827

File: 1476568362399.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Morena gets hit… she yells in pain but keeps on limping towards the door!

>Nazom and Vitis… the creature has its back turned to both of you now as it focuses on Mornea. Both your Attacks are -4!

 No.5828

>>5825
Oh no you don't! FULMINICTUS
>Blast it with 1MP of magic damage to keep the monster distracted.

 No.5829

>>5827  1d20 = 13 1d6 + 4 = 9!

 No.5830

>>5828
Are you sure you want to do this? Your Intelligence roll earlier gave you the idea that this might be a very bad idea.

 No.5831

>>5830
Dammit… HEY! IT'S ME YOU WANT! I STILL GOT PLENTY OF ZAP!
>Attacks.
d20 = 7d6 + 6 = 9

 No.5832

File: 1476568649830.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>5831
And all of a sudden… the creature is gone! Vitis' last attack hits the creature in the back and without a word or sound it just vanishes.

But one thing does not change, the building is crumbling around you! Morena is trying to get out of there - and so should you!

 No.5833

>>5832
>Vitis was bleeding heavily, but was able to move.
Let's get outta here.

 No.5834

>Nazom, your thoughts?

 No.5835

>>5834
> helps grab both Morena and Vitis and pulls them toward the exit

 No.5836

>Alright, both of you roll a Dexterity test to avoid getting hit be debris on the way out!

 No.5837

>>5836
>Was pretty much falling apart, but with Naz help, was able to get going.
d20 = 15

 No.5838

>>5836  1d20 = 3

 No.5839

File: 1476569381555.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5837
Oh no! Vitis gets hit by a falling board and loses 1d3 = 1 HP! He falls unconcious and needs help quickly!

 No.5840

>>5839
(I only had the one HP left. But I am KOd)

 No.5841

>>5839  Morena, can you help me with Vitis?
> grabs Vitis and tries to carry him out 1d20 = 4

 No.5842

File: 1476569716132.png (264.89 KB, 822x615, 274:205, trixie10.png) ImgOps Google

>>5839
>>5840
"Yes, of course! We need to hurry!"

1d20 - 3 = 8

 No.5843

File: 1476569798489.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5841
>>5842
Just as you pull Vitis out of the house it collapses entirely… Mr. Sappenstiel and other neighbours have rushed out as they heard the commotion and sound, carrying lamps to see what was going on.

Moments later a huge heap of debris and a cloud of dust is all that remains of Oriak Stormwind's old home.

 No.5844

File: 1476569858335.png (333.68 KB, 600x600, 1:1, INu59.png) ImgOps Google

>>5843  Morena, are you alright?
> smacks Vitis to try to wake him up

 No.5845

>>5844
(Good idea, smack the guy with no health left. Maybe I'll gain negative HP)

 No.5846

File: 1476569944479.jpg (148.77 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, trixie31.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Morena coughed from all the dust and smoke and placed her hands on Vitis chest. "BALSAM SALABUNDE!"

She smiles at Nazom as Vitis woke up. "I'm not sure that slap helped but it didn't make things worse, hehe."

 No.5847

>>5846
Wha-where am I?

 No.5848

File: 1476570037103.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.5849

>>5846  I helped!

 No.5850

File: 1476570062779.png (92.09 KB, 308x389, 308:389, blues10.png) ImgOps Google

"Oh goodness… oh goodness… what happened?!"

 No.5851

>>5850
It was… a monster that killed him… that attacked us… so.. tired…

 No.5852

File: 1476570427343.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Mr. Sappenstiel brought you back into his home, making sure the windows were all firmly shut so that no dust would come inside.

There you could take a well deserved rest, especially Vitis and Morena who took quite a bit of damage there.

The guards arrived soon enough and after being assured that no one was still in the house they ruled that faulty construction was the cause of the house coming down.

"Creature from Limbo? Fiddlesticks!" Was as much as Morena was able to get out of them when she tried to explain what really happened.

 No.5853

>>5852
>Vitis was still recovering, having missed poker night wit hthe lads, not like thats important anymore.

 No.5854

>>5852  We should have a word with the lumber supplier once you're both rested up.

 No.5855

File: 1476570571936.png (218.8 KB, 720x720, 1:1, trixie25.png) ImgOps Google

"I guess that wood from the Demon Fallows was tainted in some way. Whenever Master Stormwind - or anyone else - cast a spell the wood sort of sucked it up. Once it had sucked up enough magic it created a doorway to the Limbo and that creature was released… killing my teacher… and it would have killed me too if it wasn't for you."

 No.5856

File: 1476570726714.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>5853
>>5854
Sappenstiel and Morena both agreed. While using the wood itself was probably not a crime, keeping it a secret surely was. And while no one would be able to prove that the wood killed anyone, it should be prevented that it happened again.

 No.5857

(I need to head to bed - I hope we can wrap this up tomorrow! Hope you had fun.)

 No.5858

File: 1476570984437.jpg (72.31 KB, 730x649, 730:649, Dwarf_e9984f_5689757.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5857  (have a good night!)

 No.5859

File: 1476621461204.jpg (79.41 KB, 466x417, 466:417, twi255.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.5860

File: 1476651899725.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google

>>5859  (I think I'm probably too late)

 No.5861

(No problem, there's always tomorrow.)

 No.5862

File: 1476716022815.png (251.01 KB, 1092x626, 546:313, twi251.png) ImgOps Google


 No.5863

File: 1476727521575.png (43.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is lurking.png) ImgOps Google


 No.5864

File: 1476727932346.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>5863
What'll Vitis do now?

 No.5865

File: 1476728320892.png (767.49 KB, 1280x723, 1280:723, SpongeBob.png) ImgOps Google

>>5864
Recover I guess.

Or tease Morena if she likes dwarves or not.

 No.5866

File: 1476728433059.png (413.34 KB, 686x706, 343:353, trixie27.png) ImgOps Google

>>5865
Without a home Mr. Sappenstiel lets you stay his place a few more days, having started to enjoy the company even though he has to sleep on the couch this whole time.

You have fully receovered after a good week.

Morena seems to be mostly into her studies but certainly not into dwarves.

 No.5867

>>5866
>Comes to see her in bandages.
So, how you holding up.

 No.5868

File: 1476728615856.png (149.37 KB, 1115x717, 1115:717, trixie2.png) ImgOps Google

>>5866
"I'm fine, Mr. Vitis, almost fully healed again. It's a shame the house is gone (in fact most of the rabble had been removed by now) but that's just how it is. At least we survived and solved the mystery.

It's just a shame that I can't even give you a proper reward for your help. Well, except for that magic potion you got."

 No.5869

>>5868
Did you have a home before coming to Gareth?

 No.5870

File: 1476728720580.jpg (148.77 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, trixie31.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5869
"Oh, of course. I have my home to the west in a small village, you've probably never heard of it. I only came to visit my old teacher if you remember."

 No.5871

>>5870
Oh… uh… perhaps there is something you can do for me…
>Sits down beside her.
Surely, under Stormwinds tutorage you're very wise to many things across the world, both living, dead and in between.

 No.5872

File: 1476728917880.png (218.8 KB, 720x720, 1:1, trixie25.png) ImgOps Google

>>5871
"Do you need help with alchemy? Or transfiguration? Those are my strengths."

 No.5873

>>5872
Actually, I need research… what can you tell me about "Huldra", undead elves with gaping maws on their backsides?

 No.5874

File: 1476729180897.png (398.58 KB, 1600x1995, 320:399, Trixie30.png) ImgOps Google

>>5873
She thinks for a long moment. "I'm afraid not much… not more than you just mentioned… but I think I have an idea who might be able to help you. The Academy of Transformation in Lowangen is your best bet. That city is rather close to the Salamanderstones, the ancient home of the elven tribes. Its Rector Elcarna of Hohenstein knows much ancient lore."

 No.5875

>>5874
Thats a great start! Thank you, I finally have more direction to go to.

 No.5876

File: 1476729415988.png (89.75 KB, 277x337, 277:337, trixie9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5875
"Hold on…" she begins scribbling on a sheet of paper, writing a letter of recommendation of sorts. "I know someone on that Academy. You can't just stumble into a magic school and ask questions. But with thise they might let you in… give this to Salix Horrigan. He's the head of the laboratories there."

 No.5877

>>5876
Thank you, hopefully I can find out what happened to those elves… and my parents.

 No.5878

File: 1476729599687.jpg (41.11 KB, 640x640, 1:1, trixie5.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5877
"I hope so. I'm sorry I can't be of more help."

 No.5879

>>5878
This has been of great help. I finally have direction.

 No.5880

File: 1476729736128.png (175.08 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, trixie33.png) ImgOps Google

"So… do you still want to do something about those wood deliveries? I guess it'll only be a matter of time until another house will built with the that lumber from the Demon Fallows."

 No.5881

>>5880
Thats a good point. Elves do have responsiblities over forest matters. Heck maybe cursed woodland could be replated to Huldra, elves rarely ever get lost in forests.

I'll see to it with Naz.

 No.5882

>>5881
>roll for Intelligence

 No.5883

>>5882
d20 = 16
(Where is ⛵?)

 No.5884

File: 1476730197433.png (413.34 KB, 686x706, 343:353, trixie27.png) ImgOps Google

>>5883
(I dunno, maybe he'll drop by still. But he's not missing that much now.)

>failed, no problem

"So, how shall we go about this matter?"

 No.5885

File: 1476730333980.png (57.81 KB, 945x945, 1:1, Epic Mount shrug.png) ImgOps Google

>>5884
I dunno, maybe go over to the lumberyard, find whosever in charge and do a safety inspection of sorts.

Perhaps theres some spell or potion that can be used to check the safety of materials?

 No.5886

File: 1476730415544.png (942.04 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, trixie28.png) ImgOps Google

>>5885
"Hmmm… but we are not allowed to inspect anything. The Guilds are responsible for such things."

 No.5887

>>5886
Then lets take it up with the right guild. Surely as an elf they will listen to what I have to say if it's tree related. I grew up in a forest… well at the edge of one…  by a trade route.

 No.5888

File: 1476730800812.png (218.8 KB, 720x720, 1:1, trixie25.png) ImgOps Google

>>5887
"Um… I have my doubts. But… well, we can go to the guild and ask."

And so Vitis and Morena went to the responsible guild in this part of town. It took them qutie a while to get a meeting arranged but then at last they were allowed to speak.

 No.5889

>>5888
I should of brought some wood samples from your home when I had the chance.

 No.5890

File: 1476730892870.jpg (24.78 KB, 509x417, 509:417, disc21.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

"So… you two have something imortant to report? What is it?"

 No.5891

>>5890
My name is Vitis Vinifera, we would like to report the cause of what happened to the home of Oriok Stormwind… the wood used in it's construction was made with timber harvested from Demon Fallows, woodland that is indeed of a cursed nature. Buildings made with wood from Demon Fallows are unsafe to live in, especially for magic users.

 No.5892

File: 1476731312681.gif (538.95 KB, 640x360, 16:9, disc27.gif) ImgOps Google

>>5891
"The Demon Fallow? Do you have any prove for this claim? While it is not forbidden to use wood from there it is not up to our standards to do so. And no one in his right mind would even buy this product. Who built that house?"

 No.5893

File: 1476731370943.png (57.53 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is shocked.png) ImgOps Google

>>5892
>Crap, Vitis forgot to ask Naz for the details.

 No.5894

>>5893
>He actually told you all about it before you went to the seance if I remember correctly

 No.5895

>roll for Intelligence -2 to remember

 No.5896

Uh…
>Tries to remember.
>>5684
Yesm the house wa smade by…
>Tells them what Naz told him, though wa sa bit uncertain of the details.

 No.5897


 No.5898

>>5895
d20 - 2 = 0

 No.5899

File: 1476731741272.png (273.25 KB, 527x591, 527:591, disc12.png) ImgOps Google

>>5898
"Flores Utman built it? I know him… he always offers prices below the other guild craftsman. And you say it is because of him using wood from Fallows?"

 No.5900

File: 1476732084401.png (263.83 KB, 731x791, 731:791, FoE Epic Mount ghoul.png) ImgOps Google

>>5899
Yes. And I can personally vouch the pinnacle dangers of homes made from that wood.
>Shows the guild his bandages and removes the bandages showing his scars.
The wood served as a sort of… "sponge" to residue magic, wizards who cast spells regularly in these homes are causing the timber to absorb more magic until… well, I couldn't identidy what "came through" the wood that night, but it feeds on magic.

This was the cause of Oriok Stormwinds death, it absorbed every ounce of magic from his body leaving him shriveled and lifeless. Me and my friends encountered and fought the interstella monster, almost costing me my life. It is why the house fell down.

 No.5901

File: 1476732224036.png (272.34 KB, 421x703, 421:703, disc26.png) ImgOps Google

>>5900
Morena confirms what Vitis explained and the head of the local carpenter guild nods. "I understand. We will look into this instantly. And if we find prove that he used this wood he will be arrested and his shop closed down. Thank you, Sir and Madam."

 No.5902

>>5901
Thank you.
>Bows respectfully.

 No.5903

File: 1476732487231.png (272.45 KB, 720x720, 1:1, trixie26.png) ImgOps Google

>>5902
"Well, I guess that is all we could do. The guild should take care of the rest."

 No.5904

>>5903
Even if they can't arrest Flores Utman, we should let people know the true cause of Stormwinds death. Even if they don't believe us, they can't deny his whole building falling down over it.

 No.5906

File: 1476732892575.png (175.08 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, trixie33.png) ImgOps Google

>>5904
"Oh, goodness, no! We can't do that, Mr. Vitis. If the guild can't handle it we cannot just go around and make such claims. That would be considered slander. They'd pillory us!"

 No.5907

>>5906
Pillowy us?

 No.5908

File: 1476733038938.jpg (868.41 KB, 1073x787, 1073:787, pillory.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.5909

>>5908
>Looks over to the guy at the stocks Morena was pointing too.
Oh… you humans have really wierd customs.

 No.5910

File: 1476733246573.png (398.58 KB, 1600x1995, 320:399, Trixie30.png) ImgOps Google

>>5909
"The law is very… strict. For slander they'd even put donkey masks over our heads to depict our crime for the public to see."

She shakes her head.

"So, we have to trust that the guild will put a stop to him. It is in their own interest."

 No.5911

>>5910
I wonder what that guy was in for?

 No.5912

File: 1476733406373.png (175.44 KB, 545x660, 109:132, trixie18.png) ImgOps Google

>>5911
"It could be anything… a minor crime. Or something severe and this is just the first punishment. At any rate, it ruins you socially. No one would want to deal with you anymore after such public disgrace."

 No.5913

>>5912
>Tempted to free him, but decided to let him be in case he was a murderer or something.
OK then, let's leave it be.

 No.5914

File: 1476733671896.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

This is a good moment to end the adventure at last.

You have successfully solved the riddle about Oriak Stormwind's death and informed the guild about the dealing of the craftsman Flores Utman.

You also found a friend in Morena Gyldenstar and Amram Sappenstiel. Morena eventually decided to stay in Gareth, building a new - though smaller - house where Oriak's was. The plot of land was after all still hers.

 No.5915

>>5914
Yay.

Level up?

 No.5916

File: 1476733812966.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>NAZOM and VITIS
You both receive 125 experience points of finishing the adventure.

>LEVEL UP
You have both 300 exp now and thus reached the 3rd level.

NAZOM:
——
You can increase an Ability of your choise by +1.
You can increase either your Attack or Defense by +1.
You receive 1d6 additional HP.

VITIS:
——
You can increase an Ability of your choise by +1.
You can increase either your Attack or Defense by +1.
You receive 1d6+2 points which you can divide freely between your HP and MP.

 No.5917

File: 1476734053813.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>VITIS
As you have thoroughly read the "Book of Bodies" in the adventure you receive a chance to increase your Intelligence.

Your Intelligence is 10. Roll a d20. If you roll higher than 10 your Intelligence increases by 1. If you fail, tough luck.

 No.5918

>>5916
I wish to increase my strength by +1 and my defence by one making my Khunchomer defence drawback null.

As for points… d6 + 2 = 4

 No.5919

>>5918
Got it. How do you want to divide the 4 points between HP and MP?

 No.5920

>>5918
>>5919
Health: 30/30
Mana: 27/27

 No.5921

>>5920
Alright.

Now roll a d20 for a chance to increase Intelligence. >>5917

 No.5922

>>5919
Health: 30/30
Mana: 30/30

>>5921
d20 = 17

 No.5923

>>5920
Alright, 30 HP, 30 MP (your MP was already at 28).

 No.5924

File: 1476734283915.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5922
Nicely done. Your Intelligence is now 11!

 No.5925

>now waiting for Nazom

 No.5926

>>5924
Yay! Still not enough money to buy light armour. And dn't want to bug Morena on it.

 No.5927

File: 1476734464224.png (315.69 KB, 731x765, 43:45, zec9.png) ImgOps Google

>>5926
You could alway sell that book. Also, you should get some oil for your lamp, it's all out.

 No.5928

>>5927
(Oh yeah, good idea. Now that I have a lead where to go for Vitis, I guess I don't need this book anymore.)

Hello again friend, how much can I get for this book on corpses?

 No.5929

File: 1476734572883.png (273.59 KB, 836x720, 209:180, zec10.png) ImgOps Google

>>5928
I'll give you 200 silver pieces for it.

>you can roll Charisma +2 for a better price

 No.5930

>>5929
Really? It's a pretty detailed book on cadavers.
d20 + 2 = 20

 No.5931

File: 1476734705641.png (64.86 KB, 500x281, 500:281, zec19.png) ImgOps Google

>>5930
"And not exactly legal, you know… the church of Praios isn't too fond of this book. I'm doing you a favor. 200 silver and no more."

 No.5932

>>5931
Alright.
>Gives it to the merchant.
Praios people really don't like this book?

 No.5933

File: 1476734851409.png (195.46 KB, 640x360, 16:9, zec21.png) ImgOps Google

>>5932
"It's on their list of forbidden books. They confiscate it if they find it. After all… someone must have cut open quite a few bodies to gather the information contained in this book. And that is not allowed - and the Boron church might consider it desecrating the dead too."

 No.5934

>>5933
But such a book could be a great help to medicine and justice. Understanding causes of death, how to prevent it and such. Can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs, as long a sthose eggs were broken to begin with that is.

 No.5935

File: 1476735051907.png (32.05 KB, 192x195, 64:65, zec1.png) ImgOps Google

>>5934
"The Black Guild of Magic would fully agree with you. But the White Guild and the Praios church do not agree and Praios is the God of Law so that's that."

 No.5936

>>5935
So, such a book could help solve many murder cases, but the law itself will not have it? Thats… extremely backwards.

Still last few days prooven I'm not much of a detective and the book has not been that helpful for me, so you cna have it. I just hope it will be in better, more kinder hands when you sell it.

 No.5937

File: 1476735322516.png (466.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, zec17.png) ImgOps Google

>>5936
"No doubt. So, you needed some oil for your lamp too? That's 1 silver piece. Need anythign else?"

 No.5938

>>5937
Light leather armour, and yes, oil. And a new tunic please,
>Current one dirty and in tatters.

 No.5939

File: 1476735608163.jpg (48.01 KB, 821x671, 821:671, zec22.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5938
"That'll be 101 silver pieces in total. A heck, let's say 100 straight."

 No.5940

>>5939
Oooh thank you.

How much oil do I get?

 No.5941

File: 1476735808832.jpg (90.35 KB, 405x409, 405:409, zec16.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5940
Enough for about 12 hours.

 No.5942

>>5941
Ah thank you.
>puts on his tunic and armour under his blue cloak.
How do I look?

 No.5943

File: 1476735997685.gif (524.51 KB, 400x330, 40:33, zec25.gif) ImgOps Google

>>5942
"Very fitting, Sir."

 No.5944

>>5943
Thank you.

 No.5945

>Nazom, make sure to level up and let me know what you increased!

 No.5946

File: 1476739067865.gif (531.02 KB, 500x385, 100:77, wzd2WqF.gif) ImgOps Google

>>5916  Hi guys; what did I miss?
(Do you happen to have my stat sheet handy?
HP: +1d6 = 4)

 No.5947

>>5946
Me and Morena went to the Housing Guild to inform them of the dangers of wood from the evil forest. Afterwards I brought new gear.

 No.5948

>>5946
Hi there. What Vitis said. I'll post your stats later today when I'm back from work.

 No.5949

>>5946
Your stats are:

Courage: 11
Intelligence: 12
Intuition: 13
Charisma: 10
Dexterity: 12
Strength: 10

Health: 41 (now 45)

Attack: 11
Defense: 8

 No.5950

Hey ⛵, descrime Nazom to me.

 No.5951

>>5949  I'll go strength +1 and defense +1
>>5950  He looks like a dwarf.

 No.5952

File: 1476820958577.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5951
Got it!

Not all dwarfs are alike though! Like, what's his hair/beard color and what does his beard look like?

 No.5953

File: 1476823103412.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>5952  did you just assume his facial hair!?  #triggered  hrmph
a short and stocky dwarf with a very fine and bushy brown beard which is braided in the middle and sides.

 No.5954

File: 1476823373386.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>5953
Oh, beg your pardon! That sounds like a fancy beard!


I'll be starting a new adventure some time next week. Hope you'll be joining it.

 No.5955

File: 1476829440616.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>5954  I might not be around as much as I was before, but I look forward to taking part as much as I can.

 No.5956

I'm asking because when I get time, will draw VItis and Naz.

 No.5957

File: 1476852846790.jpg (118.2 KB, 500x726, 250:363, tumblr_nfrg8gHHg51s2slyjo1….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5956  Oh that's really cool!  I'm sure that whatever you come up with would be better than any description I could write.

 No.5958

>>5957
If I can, will make a comic. Wanna go with a cartoony approach.

 No.5959

>>5958  That would be awesome

 No.5960

File: 1476853238560.png (627.37 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, EpicShy sleeping by Zef.png) ImgOps Google

Well, off to bed I go.

 No.5961

File: 1476853427324.png (354.48 KB, 591x375, 197:125, Applejack Lullaby.PNG) ImgOps Google

>>5960  have a good night!

 No.5962

File: 1476857496799.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5955
>>5961
Are you on at the usual time more or less (if you can make it on)?

 No.5963

>>5962  yeah the time is fine

 No.5964

File: 1476858334646.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>5963
That's good to know, thanks. I wonder what Epic will draw there.

 No.5965

File: 1476865961183.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

For the next adventure, what'd you guys rather do?

- searching for treasure (in a city)
- exploring the icy north
- travelling and spelunking

 No.5966

File: 1476891085615.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5965  Those all sound good to me for various reasons, so I'll leave it up to Epic.

 No.5967

File: 1476899778681.gif (527.41 KB, 800x533, 800:533, Glowing.gif) ImgOps Google

>>5964
Haven't decided if I'll make them cartoony or to a degree standard designs.

>>5965
Let' save "exploring the icy north" for December. We could look for the "Old Man of the North" or have to rescue Firun's daughter.

I don't really want to do another murder mystery. How about searching for treasure in a city with some dungeon crawling?

 No.5968

File: 1476907804591.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>5967
The city has the smallest dungeon in it and it's very late in.

 No.5969

>>5968
Not even paris like catacombs?

 No.5970

File: 1476909935237.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5969
Hope you like underwater dungeons.

 No.5971

File: 1476910035428.png (57.53 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is shocked.png) ImgOps Google

>>5970
Um… on second thoughts, regular treasure hunting without water is fine.

 No.5972

File: 1476910158705.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5971
No treasure without it.

 No.5973

>>5972
But Nazom will sink like a stone… Why not a dungeon a little bit more drier?

 No.5974

File: 1476910576737.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>5973
You'll see.

 No.5975

File: 1476910616178.png (155.69 KB, 603x603, 1:1, Wet mane, oh Steve.png) ImgOps Google

>>5974
Groan… Water Levels…

 No.5976

File: 1476910744401.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

So you rather go spelunking?

 No.5977

>>5976
It's more Naz element.

Naz, which would you rather do, water dungeon or cave dungeon?

I'd like an undercity dungeon but thats not on the menu.

 No.5978

File: 1476977762849.gif (12.33 KB, 256x223, 256:223, 03.gif) ImgOps Google

>>5977  I like water levels.

 No.5979

>>5978
Wate rlevels can be beautiful to look at but not to go in with all that swimming, water based puzzles and drowning etc.

But if you want our next adventure to be submerged then OK.

 No.5980

File: 1476986757903.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>5978
>>5979
Looks like we have come to a decision.

 No.5981

>>5980
Not gonna enjoy getting wet all that much, but yeah.

Should very least be a sewer level. Sewer levels are alright.


[]
[Return] [Go to top]
[ home ] [ pony / rp / canterlot ] [ arch ]