[ home ] [ pony / rp / canterlot ] [ arch ]

/rp/ - Roleplay

Cutie Mark Crusader Clubhouse
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

[Return][Go to bottom]

 No.6883[Last 50 Posts]

File: 1487277116708.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Roll up a hero if you want to join, you find the rules here: >>5083 (OP)

THROUGH THE MISTMOOR
——————–
You find yourself in the city of Trallop, a large town in the northern parts of the Middlerealm. Nestled at the southern coast of huge Nine-Eyes Lake it is usually the last friendly and civilized place those travelling north get to visit for many days or weeks.

You were looking for work in the hopes of earning a few coins when you were contacted by George Coalblazer whom many just call “Trallop George”. He is a well-known merchant who dominates the trade in the northern parts of the world. He had heard of your past endeavors and seeks bold and competent men and women. That sounds just like you, doesn't it? But will you be up for the task?

 No.6885

File: 1487705436953.png (3.25 MB, 2495x3549, 2495:3549, Tingle.png) ImgOps Google

>Vitis Vinifera was not looking for work, but sinply travelling to Lowangen. (perhaps still) acocmpanied by his friend Naz the dwarf.

 No.6886

File: 1487743805984.png (315.69 KB, 731x765, 43:45, zec9.png) ImgOps Google

>>6885
Is there anything you want to acquire or purchase while on the way there? Now's the chance.

 No.6887

>>6886
Hm, if anything, I have a few things I could sell, but mostly scrap. I suppose the custard pie would of been devoured by now and dunno what to do with the four pieces of wood and Lhimwiggs address.

 No.6888

File: 1487795896310.jpg (90.35 KB, 405x409, 405:409, zec16.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6887
Yes, the cake is gone by now. No one would buy the wood pieces and papers. As they serve no purpose you might as well discard them.

You could purchase healing herbs or potions or the likes.

 No.6889

>>6888
I'll keep the pieces of wood, or very least give them to Geldor since they're his heritage or something.

What are the usual average things one can purchase in stores for adventurers?

 No.6890

File: 1487832298492.png (449.25 KB, 720x720, 1:1, zec26.png) ImgOps Google

>>6889
Pretty much all sorts of gear for the outside, from camping to mountain climbing to spelunking.

 No.6891

>>6890
I guess I should buy another lantern with oil.

 No.6892

File: 1487881626866.png (374.17 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, zec18.png) ImgOps Google

>>6891
A lamp with oil for 12 hours costs 5 silver pieces.

 No.6893

>>6892
I'd like that.
>Purchase.
Saves use of glowing magic.

What kinda potions do you have?

 No.6894

File: 1487951727265.png (550.89 KB, 1276x714, 638:357, zec24.png) ImgOps Google

>>6893
There are potions to increase one of your Abilities (by 5 points for 30 minutes), each costing 25 gold pieces.

There is a healing potion. It heals 3d6+6 HP. It costs 20 gold pieces.

There is an antidote, curing any poison. It costs 40 gold pieces.

And finally a magic elixir that regenerates your MP by 3d6+6. It costs 30 gold pieces.

There are also some lesser potent potions that are… also less epxensive.

 No.6895

>>6894
Yeah, hoping in the silver range.

 No.6896

File: 1487962205488.jpg (7.35 KB, 218x232, 109:116, zec23.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6895
Surely you jest! There are no potions in the silver range. Then of course, everything can be converted to silver!

The cheapest potions possible are very weak ones that increasing Abilities - 1 point for 5 gold.

 No.6897

>>6896
Well, I guess I can rely on my magic to help and be sure of my mana count.

If I had gold by the hundreds then I'd be more leniant to buy potions. But never know when I'll need it.

 No.6898

File: 1487962637012.png (430.04 KB, 864x481, 864:481, zec12.png) ImgOps Google

>>6897
Very well. Optionally, you could also buy some healing herbs but they spoil rather quickly (i.e. they are gone after an adventure).

 No.6899

>>6898
I'm sure I'll do fine.

Have you seen a dwarf around here, about yay high? Probably drunk.

 No.6900

File: 1487962757897.png (273.59 KB, 836x720, 209:180, zec10.png) ImgOps Google

>>6899
No, but eventually everyone ends up at the store. Sooner or later.

 No.6901

File: 1487962818024.png (57.53 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is shocked.png) ImgOps Google

>>6900
That sounds… ominous.

 No.6902

File: 1487962855899.png (64.86 KB, 500x281, 500:281, zec19.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6903

>>6902
>Backs outta the store.

 No.6904

File: 1487962971101.jpg (32.51 KB, 640x360, 16:9, zec11.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6903
You'll be back.

 No.6905

File: 1487963080395.gif (2.21 KB, 126x165, 42:55, 16bit Epic.gif) ImgOps Google

>>6904
>Leaves the store.
Someones gonna end up with two-star rewview with such hospitality. That or she's just lonely.

Now wheres Naz?
>Goes looking for him.

 No.6906

File: 1487981807405.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>i

 No.6907

File: 1488006699857.jpg (19.08 KB, 258x350, 129:175, zec7.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6906
"Welcome to the store, traveller. Can I interest you in my wares?

Someone was looking for a dwarf by the way. An elf, rather jumpy." she describes Vitis. "Do you know him?"

 No.6908


 No.6909

File: 1488057358765.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6906
You currently have the following items:

- sword
- leather armor, helmet and shield (AC 5)
- hammer
- assortment of five chisels
- short sword
- ceramic goblet
- rope (9.8 meters)

And you have 40 gold pieces and 1 copper.

 No.6910

File: 1488059509623.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6907  Ah yes, that would be Vitis.  a little quirky, but he's alright.

Sure, let me take a look at what you've got.  Do you accept trades?  I've got a short sword that might be worth something.

 No.6911

File: 1488059825305.png (137.04 KB, 442x462, 221:231, zec5.png) ImgOps Google

>>6910
"A short sword? Well, it's not exactly new, is it? But very well, I will pay you two gold pieces for it."

 No.6912

File: 1488068832938.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>6911  deal!  What do you have in the way or armor?

 No.6913

File: 1488089608365.png (449.25 KB, 720x720, 1:1, zec26.png) ImgOps Google

>>6912
She shows you several of the available pieces. All are well made but in the process not exactly cheap.


Cuirass: 5 Armor Class; Dexterity malus -1; costs 300 silver pieces
Chain mail: 4 Armor Class; Dexterity malus of -1; costs 200 silver pieces
Sallet: 3 Armor Class; Intuition malus -1; costs 100 silver pieces
Chain coif: 2 Armor Class; costs 80 silver pieces [together with chain mail +1 AC]
Reinforced leather helmet: 2 Armor Class; costs 45 silver pieces
Heavy shield: 3 Armor Class; Attack malus -2, Defense bonus +3; costs 100 silver pieces
Round shield: 2 Armor Class; Attack malus -1, Defense bonus +2; costs 70 silver pieces
Buckler: 1 Armor Class, Attack malus -1, Defense bonus +1; costs 40 silver pieces

 No.6914

File: 1488101147173.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6883  I'm interested in the cuirass and sallet.  How much is that in gold pieces?

 No.6915

File: 1488110194120.png (284.88 KB, 825x575, 33:23, zec6.png) ImgOps Google

>>6914
She rubs her hands and brings over the two armor pieces. That would be 30 gold for the cuirass and 10 gold for the sallet.

 No.6916

File: 1488225547900.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>6915
> grumbles something about exchange rates

 No.6917

File: 1488226271130.png (449.25 KB, 720x720, 1:1, zec26.png) ImgOps Google

>>6916
"Well… I would take back your leather armor and helmet for 5.5 gold pieces."

>you could also roll for Charisma for a better price

 No.6918

>Vitis strolls around Mistmoor.

 No.6919

File: 1488231771917.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6918
The town is called Trallop. Mistmoor is a dangerous swamp, about three days northwest of Trallop.

 No.6920

>>6919
Oh, glad I mist that then,

>Looks around Trallop.

 No.6921

File: 1488232568132.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6917  hmmm, you drive a hard bargain.  any chance I could get a better deal?  1d20 = 14!

 No.6922

File: 1488232699175.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>6920
Trallop is a town of 3,500. It is well protected and seat of the Duke of the region. There are numerous temples to be found and generally Trallop is famous for its cattle and war horses.

Trallop is situated at Nine-Eyes-Lake. The Nine-Eyes are big, worm like sea creatues with nine eyes that dwell in the lake. They are quite dangerous which is why no one was able to cross the lake by boat in centuries.

Rumour has it that thousands of years ago a big elven city was located at the lake but it sunk to the buttom when the hordes of the Nameless God attacked.

In the middle of the Lake is also a vulcano and you actually see smoke coming from it, showing it is active.

 No.6923

>>6921
1d20 - 4 = 9

 No.6924

File: 1488232846460.png (32.05 KB, 192x195, 64:65, zec1.png) ImgOps Google

>>6921
>>6923
"Well, I can give you a discount of 5 silver pieces, but not a silver more than that. It is top quality armor you are seeing here. So it would be 34 gold pieces plus your old armor for the two items"

 No.6925

>>6922
>Looks over to the lake. Hm, I wonder how those nine-eyed worms survive the heat?

 No.6926

File: 1488233387601.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6925
The Lake was huge, easily 70 x 60 kms. The volcano is on an island in the middle of the lake.  

 No.6927

>>6926
Hm, must be the volcanic rich earth.

Wonder what else to do around here?

 No.6928

File: 1488233513607.png (207.35 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi139.png) ImgOps Google

>>6927
>maybe tomorrow we can do more

Night night.

 No.6929

File: 1488237685905.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6924   hmmmmm…..   hmmmmm…………………………………………………………………………………………………..

deal.

 No.6930

File: 1488300054107.png (284.88 KB, 825x575, 33:23, zec6.png) ImgOps Google

>>6929
"Excellent, I hope the armor will serve you well!"


You have a whopping 9 Armor Class now, Naz. As a downside, your Dexterity has decreased to 11 and your Intuition to 12 as long as you wear the armor.

 No.6931

File: 1488345980052.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6930  Naz can brain good and hit da bad guys.

 No.6932

File: 1488396811915.png (287.65 KB, 547x550, 547:550, zec14.png) ImgOps Google

>>6931
Is there anything else you would like?

 No.6933

File: 1488396858429.png (86.5 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount Dat ass.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6934

File: 1488397132454.png (64.86 KB, 500x281, 500:281, zec19.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6935

File: 1488397167105.png (43.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is lurking.png) ImgOps Google


 No.6936

File: 1488397409443.jpg (48.01 KB, 821x671, 821:671, zec22.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6935
"I think I found your dwarven friend. Like I said… everyone turns up here eventually. He was prudent and spent his coins."

 No.6937

>>6936
Already? Well, at least not on drink.

 No.6938

File: 1488397503215.gif (407.07 KB, 200x200, 1:1, zec4.gif) ImgOps Google

>>6937
"On finely crafted armor, the best in town."

 No.6939

You're pretty durable as it is, you sure you need fancy armour Naz?

 No.6942

File: 1488569262864.png (343 KB, 550x650, 11:13, zec13.png) ImgOps Google

>awkward silence in the shop

 No.6943

File: 1488569305683.png (57.81 KB, 945x945, 1:1, Epic Mount shrug.png) ImgOps Google

>>6942
So… um… what do you do when you're not running this store?

 No.6944

File: 1488569478283.png (315.69 KB, 731x765, 43:45, zec9.png) ImgOps Google

>>6943
"Well, I go to the tavern now and then. And I collect plates… that's my hobby. Fancy plates from all around Aventuria."

 No.6945

File: 1488569576935.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>6944
Oh thats a nice hobby.

 No.6946

File: 1488569592583.jpg (389.31 KB, 838x800, 419:400, fancy plate.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.6947

>>6946
Oooh thats pretty.

 No.6948

File: 1488569656201.png (32.05 KB, 192x195, 64:65, zec1.png) ImgOps Google

>>6947
Thank you. Running the store is almost a 24/7 business. There is always something to do.

 No.6949

>>6948
Really? Don't you close or take time off for yourself?

 No.6950

File: 1488569850896.png (449.25 KB, 720x720, 1:1, zec26.png) ImgOps Google

>>6949That's something only nobles can afford. If I'm not in the store I need to do the inventory, handle imports, taxes, negotiate deliveries. I have probably an hour a day for myself.

And going on a holiday, that's unthinkable. You'd have to be rich to do that.

 No.6951

>>6950
I see…
>Feels a bit guilty given the life of an adventurer is almost like a hobby that pays than a propper job.

 No.6952

File: 1488570079537.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

As you still stand in the tavern you notice a large piece of parchment that had been put up near the door. Apparently a trader going by the name of "George Coalblazer" was looking for competent people of the adventurous sort.

 No.6953

File: 1488570119717.png (32.39 KB, 500x500, 1:1, guard27.png) ImgOps Google

>>6951
>that's cause you've evaded the tax office so far

 No.6954

>>6952
>Looks at the parchment and considers it.

>>6953
>F**k the popo.

 No.6955

File: 1488570469378.jpg (20.33 KB, 138x166, 69:83, zec20.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6954
The merchant notices you eye in the parchment. "I can't believe that he hasn't give up yet. Trallop George I mean, he lost quite a few men already."

 No.6956

>>6955
Why whats it's all about?

 No.6957

File: 1488570589741.jpg (137 KB, 800x1071, 800:1071, hammer_dwarf_by_wulfgarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6932  I think I'm good, thanks.
>>6939  I don't know… do you need that fancy weaponry?

 No.6958

File: 1488570643830.png (343 KB, 550x650, 11:13, zec13.png) ImgOps Google

>>6956
"Hmm… I shouldn't really talk for him. There's been some trouble with the volcano erupting a few weeks back and there was quite a flood at the western coast of Nine-Eyes-Lake… You should talk to him directly."

 No.6959

>>6957
I have good sword, decent armour and enough money to get me by.

>>6958
People… in trouble?

 No.6960

File: 1488570753960.png (338.27 KB, 510x618, 85:103, zec15.png) ImgOps Google

>>6959
"More like the trading route being in trouble. Which is worse for me - and especially George. He is the biggest freight forwarder in the northern world."

 No.6961

File: 1488570875663.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6960  Where can we find this guy?

 No.6962

>>6960
I see… But doesn't sound all that much of a crisis. I mean sure supplies would come in much later but as long as they still get here in the end.

>>6961
Why?

 No.6963

File: 1488571007830.jpg (90.35 KB, 405x409, 405:409, zec16.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6961
"He runs quite a bit business in town, it's his headquarters. It is near the duke Waldemar's castle."

>>6962
"Later is a problem because later means two weeks later. It's not easy for dwellings across the lake."

 No.6964

File: 1488571137075.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6962  So I can poke him with my sword, obviously.

 No.6965

>While I know we're gonna do the adventure regardless, still find it difficult for Vitis to want to do it. I myself grew up in a town where the cinemas play latest movies roughly a month after their releases. Some locations have supplies later than others.

>>6963
Isn't there alternative trade routes?

 No.6966

File: 1488571315274.png (287.65 KB, 547x550, 547:550, zec14.png) ImgOps Google

>>6964
"Fat as he is he won't even notice it."

>>6965
"Yes, across the mountains far to the west, it's a huge detour."

 No.6967

>>6966
Well, I dunno why he can't simply take it up with the town council. It seems more of governments problem.

If there was bandits or monsters involved that were causing crisis, then yeah, thats something for heroes.

 No.6968

File: 1488571728637.png (374.17 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, zec18.png) ImgOps Google

>>6967
"Because the trade route runs north along the Lake and leaves the Middlerealm. The town council has no authority there whatsoever.

What Trallop George is looking for is an alternative route from the swamp, the Mistmoor. And that's what he needs heroes for because the swamp is deadly."

 No.6969

>>6968
Hm… sounds like even if a suitable route is found, then it's keeping that route secured that is also a problem, from monsters and bandits that inhabit it.

If I had a map of the surrounding area, could perhaps plan an even more safer route.

 No.6970

File: 1488572132129.png (273.59 KB, 836x720, 209:180, zec10.png) ImgOps Google

>>6969
"Yeah, there are no maps of the swamp. I think that is also something he needs people for."

 No.6971

>>6970
But there is perhaps better alternate routes for it all.

What about map of local and surrounding areas of Mistmoor to the trade route?

 No.6972

File: 1488572409855.jpg (90.35 KB, 405x409, 405:409, zec16.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>6971
"The only fast route - and that's what it is all about - is through the swamp. The swamp runs from the Lake sore all the way to the mountain range to the east which. The only alternative is going round the eastern side which what is being done right now anyway."

 No.6973

File: 1488572840103.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

>>6972  What exactly is the problem with the route?

 No.6974

File: 1488573392653.png (57.81 KB, 945x945, 1:1, Epic Mount shrug.png) ImgOps Google

OK, let's go see this… George Trollop guy.

 No.6977

File: 1488902372451.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

Sorry for not continuing, Zelda on the Switch is distracting me!

 No.6984

>>6977
Just let me know on Steam when we're continuing.

Also, I suggest we skip to meeting George.

 No.6985

>>6984
That sounds good.

 No.7004

File: 1489262542239.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

> looks for George

 No.7005

File: 1489262738014.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7004
You don't have to ask many people to find the business office and warehouse of the most important merchant and carter of the northern world, Trallop George.

After stating your business he welcomes you in his large office. Trallop George is a large, plump man with a full beard and as first order of the day offers you a drink.

 No.7006

File: 1489262835811.jpg (80.19 KB, 709x625, 709:625, Dwarf_35541c_5698177.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7005
> graciously accepts the drink and asks about business

 No.7007

>Is also at the office looking at local area construction maps.

 No.7008

File: 1489263222344.png (261.56 KB, 681x681, 1:1, filthy3.png) ImgOps Google

>>7006
"I like your attitude. To business then. Several weeks ago the volcano in Nine-Eyes-Lake erupted. A very minor eruption, just puffed some smoke really. Still, there was an earthquake following it and a flood hit the road that runs around the east coast of the Lake from Trallop to the town of Donnerbach.

Not only that but the boardwalk through the swamp (connecting Trallop with the western city union) was damaged as well.

As the prince deems the reconstruction of the boardwalk more important it will take several more months until the road is cleared again.

So I need some sturdy men who accompany one of my tracks who will try to find an optional way through the swamp."

 No.7009

File: 1489263396796.jpg (6.42 KB, 215x234, 215:234, filthy11.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7007
He shows you the map. It seems the flood did not go as far inland as expected but it managed to take out most of the road including the connecting boardwalk to the city union.

 No.7010

>>7009
I see, so through the swamp is the only way for a road to come though?

 No.7011

File: 1489263486903.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>7008  Is this just a scouting expedition?  If we were to help you, what would be expected of us exactly?

 No.7012

File: 1489263680179.png (1.02 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, filthy1.png) ImgOps Google

>>7010
>>7011
"The water is already gone again… but the damage has remained.

We currently have to take the road around the western part of the lake but that takes a good additional week while finding a proper way through the swamp will only take one, two at best.

Also, it will be beneficient even after the original road has been reconstructed. The floods happen every few years, it's quite a bother.

You are to guard my track. It consists of four wagons including the crew. They can fend for themselves but some skilled fighters are always a good thing to have.

If you can help in finding an actual way through the swamp, I'll be all the more grateful."

 No.7013

File: 1489263851263.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7012
>>7010
hmmm, what do you think?

 No.7014

>>7012
I see, guard and escourt to help plan a good course through the swamp, it would helps lots of people.

>>7013
A road through a swamp, I feel a bit dangerous. But it is important to the locals here and we can make sure the new road will be at it's securist.

 No.7015

File: 1489264181490.jpg (185.39 KB, 466x466, 1:1, filthy2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7014
"There are actually few paths through the swamp… the tricky part is finding one where the heavy covered wagons we used can pass.

The swamp can be dangerous but mostly because of the wildlife. Still, animals usually stay away from people and fire."

 No.7016

File: 1489264395428.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>7015
I know, I'm just worried for long-run problems such as bandits using it as choke point, or bigger monsters coming along.

But I understand the severity of the situation, such as the towns needs for supplies, medicines and so on, so perhaps matters to address after a good road is established.

 No.7017

File: 1489264688748.png (894.02 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, filthy5.png) ImgOps Google

>>7016
"Bandits stay out of the swamp. There are reports of such scum in the outer parts of the swamp but they usually don't dare going deeper inside. It's simply too dangerous as a hideaway.

As for your reward… I am willing to pay you 5 gold pieces upfront. Plus you would receive 5 % of the value of all the wares on the carts that reach Donnerbach. That's 5 % of a max. 7000 silver (i.e. 350 silver)."

 No.7018

File: 1489264859316.png (451.6 KB, 1890x2155, 378:431, Epic Mount herpa-derp by N….png) ImgOps Google

>>7017
Thats a lot of money.
>Considers, given he knows heroes don't do extremely good deeds for cash, yet weights it out if this is more of a job than an act of heroism.

 No.7019

File: 1489264901351.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>7017  count me in.

 No.7020

File: 1489264937129.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>7019
Well, if you're up for it, so am I.

 No.7021

File: 1489265013436.jpg (52.35 KB, 736x992, 23:31, filthy4.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7020
>>7019
"Excellent, thank you very much for your assistance. The track would start tomorrow in the morning. You don't have to worry about rations of water, that will be provided."

 No.7022

File: 1489265395745.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

Would you like to skip to the next day or do some more business in Trallop?

 No.7023

File: 1489265425958.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7022  I'm good

 No.7024

Eh, I think I have everything, (Unless you want to fit in some events between now and then.)

 No.7025

File: 1489265848843.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>7023
>>7024
As you reach Trallop George's office the next day you find five heavy carts, packed with different wares waiting to depart. Every cart has a driver. In addition two craftsmen are joining the track in case of repairs plus George's trusted handsman Parel. He's a tall man in his late 30s, wearing a very large hat.

 No.7026

>>7025
Need help?
>Offers to help load some of the stuff into the wagons.

 No.7027

File: 1489266024756.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>7025  reporting for duty

 No.7029

File: 1489266059540.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7026
>>7027
The men appreciate the offer and are quite interested in seeing how capable you are.

>roll for Strength -2

 No.7030

>>7029  1d20 - 2 = 12

 No.7031

File: 1489266137688.png (360.25 KB, 1890x2155, 378:431, Roidrage Epic by Niksie.png) ImgOps Google

>>7029
d20 - 1 = 15

 No.7032

File: 1489266318566.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>7030
>>7031
>both failed!

The men are not too impressed by your show of strength. As you try to roll some barrels and lift some crates onto the carts they are worried that everythign ends up on the floor.

They thank for your attempt to help but end up doing the work themselves.

 No.7033

>>7032
>Feeling a little embarrased, hopes to proove his masculinity worth later on.

 No.7034

File: 1489266498751.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>7032  I just haven't had my morning ale, that's all…

 No.7049

File: 1489602240675.png (251.01 KB, 1092x626, 546:313, twi251.png) ImgOps Google


 No.7050

File: 1489602323804.png (118.66 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount with Fluttershy….png) ImgOps Google


 No.7060

File: 1490035934472.jpg (6.42 KB, 215x234, 215:234, filthy11.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Trallop George shakes the hand of every participant of the track, wishing you all luck on the journey. The first two days should be easy, just a slow trip along the southern shores of the lake.

 No.7061

File: 1490038481594.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>7060
A'ight.

Anything else we need before we head off?

Next toilet break will be hours from now, so go now before we leave.

 No.7062

File: 1490038499639.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>7060  We won't let you down.
> shakes Trallop's hand

 No.7063

File: 1490038542002.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7061  but…  never mind.

 No.7064

File: 1490038729913.jpg (7.53 KB, 300x168, 25:14, filthy10.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7061
>>7062
"Don't worry, there'll be enough toilet breaks. It's not a non-stop trip. You should be able to spend your first at night Castle Dragondot and the second at the village of Olat. That's the border town of the Empire. The swamp begins just north of it."

 No.7065

File: 1490038988105.png (45.54 KB, 297x324, 11:12, Epic Mount.png) ImgOps Google

>>7064
Nice. So, let's head out.

 No.7066

File: 1490039250871.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

It's a warm day in middle of March as you start your journey, accompanying the five covered wagons full of wares for the northern town of Thunder Creak.

The birds are out, singing in the meadows you pass while to the north you see the vast, seemingly endless Nine-Eyes Lake.

You spend a night at the old shabby castle George mentioned and are glad to move on the next morning.

The second day too is uneventful until in the evening you reach a small village: Olat.

Olat barely has 150 inhabitants but is surrounded by a heavily fortified wall. There is a castle as well which is a good half mile away inside the Lake and can only be reached with a ferry. The gates close behind you and you can take a look around while Parel is handling the customs.

 No.7067

File: 1490039348115.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7066
>looks for a tavern

 No.7068

>>7066
Me and Naz will secure some lodging. WIll you guys be alright?

 No.7069

File: 1490039448202.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7067
You see two houses of that ilk. The tavern "Swamp Beaver" and a small in that seems to be part of the local temple of Travia.

Travia being the Goddess of the home, hearth and marriage.

 No.7070

File: 1490039493117.png (51.44 KB, 203x250, 203:250, bg4.png) ImgOps Google

>>7068
"Don't worry, we're safe in town. The real trouble will only start tomorrow."

 No.7071

>>7069
*small inn

 No.7072

>>7070
Alright.

>Goes with Naz.
et's go to the Tavern. Last temple. We rowdy lads are not ready for commitment issues.

 No.7073

File: 1490039704366.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7072  hahaha, well said
>goes to the Swamp Beaver

 No.7074

>>7073
Of course such a name as "swamp beaver" sounds like a diseased harlot.

Ah well, can't be all bad.
>Enters tavern with Naz.

 No.7075

File: 1490039850758.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

As you enter the "Swamp Beaver" you find it alrady well occupied. A good thirty people have gathered and you have to wait for a few minutes until you find some seats.

The scent of fat and heavy ale is in the air and a musician plays a dready tune. The people in the tavern seem to be locals: fishermen, peat diggers but also some soldiers.

 No.7076

File: 1490039999897.jpg (80.19 KB, 709x625, 709:625, Dwarf_35541c_5698177.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7074  I was thinking the same, or a foul-smelling one, but at least there are no strings attached!
>>7075
> buys a round for the two of us and listens in on any interesting conversations

 No.7077

File: 1490040190810.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>7076
The inn keeper collects 2 copper pieces and asks whether you want something to eat as well. Rabbit stew is on the menu tonight - or optionally fish soup.

>roll for Intuition to listen it, it is quiet loud

 No.7078

File: 1490040253308.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>7077  rabbit sounds good
1d20 = 10!

 No.7079

>>7077
d20 = 10

 No.7080

File: 1490040395757.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7078
>>7079
You can hear the locals mostly talk about the following…

> the flood that hit the swamp
> a group of orcs that was seen two days ago
> the strange dwarf that arrived a bit earlier

 No.7081

>>7078
>>7080
You think these guys have local troubles? As heroes we could perhaps help them out.

 No.7082

File: 1490040588292.png (347.41 KB, 1280x800, 8:5, bg5.png) ImgOps Google

Parel enters with some of your track and arranges for the lodgings (including you). The innkeep seems to be quite happy to find occupants for his rooms.

 No.7083

File: 1490040590363.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

>>7080  harumph
>>7081  You can ask them if you want.
> chugs some ale

 No.7084

File: 1490040682154.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7083
As you listen you realize you're not the dwarf they talk about - neither is it Gilm Son of Galadon, one of the drivers of the wagons who also happens to be a dwarf.

 No.7085

>>7083
>Perks his elven ears up to see if there is any talk on local troubles.
d20 = 8

 No.7086

File: 1490040844580.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>7085
Your already point elven ears get even pointier as you listen to one of the peat diggers and his comrade. They claim to have seen a group of orcs, certainly ten swart furred fellows heading into the swamp two nights ago. Whatever they were up to, it can't be good. One of them seemed to be a shaman.

 No.7087

>>7086
Hey Naz… whats a "Swart Furred fellow"?

 No.7088

>>7084  hrm…

 No.7089

File: 1490040989518.jpg (198.37 KB, 392x619, 392:619, Sholocham.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7087
>>7088
Orcs have black fur in TDE.

 No.7090

File: 1490041025540.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7087  are you just making things up?

 No.7091

>>7089
And dark greyish faces.

 No.7092

File: 1490041143369.jpg (55.03 KB, 463x520, 463:520, Ork shaman.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.7093

>>7090
I'm not familiar with the word "swart". I guess it's orcish.

From what I understand there has been sighting of orcs around the swamps, where we are going to. Something about a shaman… We may have such encounters when we get to the swamps.

 No.7094

File: 1490041310588.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7093  What's a shaman going to do…  shake a stick at us?

 No.7095

File: 1490041340298.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

Parel and the rest of your track decided to head over to the Travia inn as it is less crowded. They let you know you can find them there in case you need them.

 No.7096

>>7094
I dunno, I can do magic, who knows what kinda spells shamans can pull off.

 No.7097

File: 1490042027917.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7096
Gilm Sohn of Galadon has decided to stay behind and invites Naz to several tankards of ale. Soon enough the two dwarfs are busy with their own stories of mountains and gold and you find yourself alone.

 No.7098

>>7097
>Heads out to look around town.
Maybe I can find out more information on these swart orcs.

 No.7099

File: 1490042295612.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7098
It has already gotten dark outside and you can see some lights moving on the village walls, apparently the soldiers on their posts.

You see the covered wagons of your track standing in a row next to the "Swamp Beaver" and an additional big cart which you hadn't noticed before standing near a closed shop. A dwarf is busy tinkering with an odd looking contraption next to it.

 No.7100

>>7099
>Take a look at the other cart.

 No.7102

File: 1490042541313.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7100
>>7100
It's a large boxwagon covered painted green and pulled by a very big draft horse.

There is some writing on one side but it is too dark to read.

 No.7103

>>7102
No point getting the lantern lit over it.
>Loosk around the cart and see what else he can see.

 No.7104

File: 1490042738265.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7103
Suddenly the dwarf gets up, having noticed you. He wipes his oily hands on his leather apron and smiled at you. "Oh… good evening. What can I do for you?"

 No.7105

>>7104
Just browsing. Me and my caravan just came into town for the night and I noticed yours. You also going to the swamps?

 No.7106

File: 1490042929788.png (284.07 KB, 497x795, 497:795, mac14.png) ImgOps Google

>>7105
"Browsing? But I didn't have the chances to show you my wares yet… you'd be surprised! As for the swamp… well, yes, I was planning to. The local said the road is gone though."

 No.7107

>>7106
Yeah, my group is planning on making a road through the swamp. I'm not enthusiastic on the idea of a road through a swamp, but options are pretty limited.

 No.7108

File: 1490043135186.png (135.33 KB, 1000x1000, 1:1, mac35.png) ImgOps Google

>>7107
"A road through the swamp? That would be quite helpful for me as well. Do you think I could accompany you?"

 No.7109

>>7108
I should probably talk to the party about it, but given power in numbers I don't see why not.

Oh, I'm Vitis Vinifera. Me and my friend Naz were hired to escourt and protect the caravan through the swamp to plan a new road through it.

 No.7110

File: 1490043468815.gif (217.35 KB, 342x324, 19:18, mac37.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7109
"It is a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Vitis. My name is Jorhag Albraxus Purrtooth, Son of Rabbash. Inventor and alchemist. I am sure you've heard of me."

 No.7111

>>7110
>Just shakes his hand with a neutral smile on his face.

 No.7112

File: 1490043665798.png (164.13 KB, 808x988, 202:247, mac53.png) ImgOps Google

>>7111
He shakes your hand enthusiastically. "I can understand you're in awa. Would you like to see some of my inventions? I am busy working on beard-combing machine."

 No.7113

>>7112
Sure, I'll take a look.

 No.7114

File: 1490044062246.gif (2.01 MB, 750x422, 375:211, mac48.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7113
He lights some lamps and now you can see he has his name and profession written in big red letters on the side of the box wagon.

You also see that one of his thumbs actually has fur!

He hops into his wagon and produced several odd contraptions, i.e. his beard-combing machine which need someone to constantly use a crank to operate. You have to put your head into it beard first and a large 'automated' comb goes to work.

He also shows you something that looks like an egg but can be opened. Inside is a time-measuring device.

Then he shows you a big wooden stick with a metal frame at one end. Between the frame leather sheets have been attached.

"I call it rain-roof!"

 No.7115

>>7114
Y'know, if I put this thing on backwards, it could perhaps comb my hair. But why need a combing machine when you can just comb it with a comb?

A rain-roof?

 No.7116

File: 1490044342372.png (133.48 KB, 436x340, 109:85, mac46.png) ImgOps Google

>>7115
"It is perfect to comb tangly dwarven beards. They can be very thick and difficult to comb.

Yes! A rain-roof! You hold this way up…" he takes the stick and holds it in such a manner than that leather sheets are above his head.

"The rain will run right off and you stay dry… of course, the metal frame is heavy, weighing easily 3 kgs. But I assure you it will be very popular very soon!"

 No.7117

>>7116
Hm, could always make the frames thinner, but I'd find it annoying to lug that thing around. Especially when it's windy, wouldn't it just get blown away?

 No.7118

File: 1490044683508.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

>>7117
"You have to keep a firm grip on it, lad! And the frame will break if it's any thinner. But I'm working on it."

He shows you another invention: a barrel with a lever-like tap.

"I call it 'Drafty'. It makes drafting beer a breeze!"

He grins, very satisfied with his own play on words.

 No.7119

>>7118
Haha, you're a barrel of laughs! But yeah, this thing loks very conveniant.

In fact… what if… eeeh…

 No.7120

File: 1490044853146.jpg (8.25 KB, 155x190, 31:38, mac26.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7119
"What if…what?"

 No.7121

File: 1490045193239.jpg (171.16 KB, 800x1200, 2:3, Old_hand_water_pump.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7120
This little thing.
>Points to the tap.
It reminds me of those things some humans have to draw water from, you know those who can't get well water from a bucket, but those… pumpy thing humans have.

I was just thinking given all you do is twiddle that thing to get the beer out, what if it was that easy and conveniant to get clean water to drink?

 No.7122

>>7121
"Dwarven work!" He claps his hands. "Yes, that is a dwarven invention, using similar mechanics as my 'Drafty'. The 'Drafty' of course it special, as it also assure the beer is always having a proper foam crown."

 No.7123

>>7122
I guess, but usually people have to go out to the pumps to collect water by the bucket, or humans have to go to the local well and draw the water up in buckets.

I'm just saying what if it was easy as having a draughty in their home that directly taps into a clean water supply.

 No.7124

File: 1490045693917.png (521.31 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac34.png) ImgOps Google

"So, can I interest you in a 'Drafty'? It's only 25 gold pieces. No beer supplied."

 No.7125

>>7124
Hm… I don't really drink alcohol… But I can imagine it practical at home if I fill it up with water.

But I left home years a go, ever since it was lost to huldra.

((If you want, I can replace the huldra in Vitis backstory with undead elves more accurate to TDE lore.))

 No.7126

File: 1490045968997.png (207.35 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi139.png) ImgOps Google

Time to stop, I need to head to bed. Night night!

 No.7128

File: 1490642307780.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google


 No.7129

File: 1490642392826.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7128
You were drinking with the dwarf Gilm. Only now you notice that Vitis had left.

It was already dark outside.

 No.7130

File: 1490642446725.jpg (80.19 KB, 709x625, 709:625, Dwarf_35541c_5698177.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7129  hey, where'd that elf run off to!

 No.7131

File: 1490642541900.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7130
Gilm emptied his tankard and wiped the foam off his mouth.

"I think he headed outside quite a while ago."

 No.7132

((Gimme a mo to fetch my dinner.))

 No.7133

File: 1490642734500.png (1019 B, 320x416, 10:13, happy_dwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>7131  guess I should go make sure he doesn't do anything too stupid.  har har…  been nice talking with you.  (did I learn anything useful btw?  don't remember why I was talking with him, aside from him being a dwarf)

 No.7134

File: 1490642880398.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7133
(you were talking with him because you had to leave early last time… so we just said you're busy talking with him in the tavern)

You learn that two tracks have gone missing in the swamp over the past two months as they attempted to cross the flooded area.

"Take care now!" Gilm says and orders another pint.

 No.7135

>>7124
>>7125
I'm just saying, fresh clean water directly from a drafty in your home would be conveniant.

 No.7136

File: 1490643395996.gif (213.13 KB, 474x472, 237:236, mac38.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7135
"Oh well… maybe you'll want to purchase a rain-roof? It would be a great boon to science and tinkering! It's only 10 gold pieces!"

 No.7137

>>7136
I dunno, seems kinda… I dunno, "heffty". And chances ar eI'll end up breaking it.

((I don't like using umbrellas much since they always seem to get damaged or hassle me when I go out with them.))

 No.7138

File: 1490643644163.png (148.01 KB, 845x946, 845:946, mac32.png) ImgOps Google

>>7137
"I beg your pardon? I'm a dwarf and what a dwarf builds never breaks! Very well, you'll see when you're all wet and soggy in the rain. You'd wish you had a rain-roof.

Anyway… it's really gotten late. I should head to bed - after talking to this Mr. Parel about joining your track.

Good night for now!"

 No.7139

>>7138
Please dpn't take offense, it just looks like it be a hassle when the wind catches under it, or I'll need to pass through narrow places, or even in combat.

>Gets up and respectfully bows a little.
But thank you for letting me see your wares and creative inventions.

 No.7140

File: 1490643774537.jpg (276.96 KB, 738x550, 369:275, DF.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

> looks for Vitis

 No.7141

File: 1490643873864.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>7139
The dwarf seems to have forgotten about being upset and gives a deep bow as well before heading over to the temple of Travia were the rest of the track were staying.

>>7140
You only had to walk outside the "Swamp Badger" and soon enough you saw the green-painted wagon with Vitis there.

 No.7142

>>7141
>Vitis got down from the wagon.
Oh hello Naz. Was just talking to this guy, he's a dwarfen inventor, you might like his ideas, especially the "drafty".

 No.7143

File: 1490644576528.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>7142  Ah, there you are.  So it looks like two groups went missing in the flooded swamplands within the past two months; hopefully we'll fare better.  What's a drafty?

 No.7144

>>7143
It's like a small tap like wooden font on a barrel that allows you to drain beer from it with less mess.

 No.7145

File: 1490644758088.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

Want to skip to the next morning or still want to explore some?

 No.7146

File: 1490644787107.jpg (56.07 KB, 225x249, 75:83, want some rye courshya do.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7144  If any beer needs to be drained, I'll take care of it!
>>7145  I'm good

 No.7147

>>7145
I wouldn't mind doing some local shopping during this places opening times.

>>7146
His other invention is what he called the "rain-roof", it's like a sheet of leather and like a shield, you hold it above your head with a stick to keep the rain off.

 No.7148

File: 1490645091283.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

The next morning comes quickly enough. As the sun rises it fights back a foggy night, leaving only some thin wafts of mist.

You see Parel talking with the tinkerer Jorhag and they seem to agree that the dwarf can join the track.

You still have a good hour or two before the track is ready to depart. The rest of the crew busy examining the wagons and loading up some fresh supplies.

 No.7149

>>7148
I'm gonna go see the local stores. While I don't want to lug around a "rain roof", by the looks of the local weather, we may need cloaks that can keep off the rain. You need one Naz?

 No.7150

File: 1490645406746.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>7147  sounds like a brilliant idea!  no adventurer should be without one
>>7149  I'm going to look into a 'rain roof' actually.
>goes to find a rain roof

 No.7151

>>7150
Alright, I guess I'll get myself a good cloak.

 No.7152

File: 1490645708098.png (284.07 KB, 497x795, 497:795, mac14.png) ImgOps Google

>>7150
You meet the dwarf Jorhag Albraxus Purrtooth, Son of Rabbash… he eagerly presents you his rain-roof - a larte stick with a metal construction on top that holds several leather sheets. It's big and heavy but will certainly keep the rain away. Only for 10 gold pieces!

He also shows you his beard combing machine, rubbing his hands as he wants to give you a presentation!

>>7151
There is only one general store in town, luckily it has already open, selling mainly items for the daily use.

A young lass stands behind the counter, surprised to see an elf.

"Good morning, Sir… what can I get you?"

 No.7153

>>7152
Hello, I was wondering if you sell cloaks ideal for travelling. Especially keeping the rain off.

 No.7154

File: 1490645932162.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7152  I'd love to see a demonstration!

> checks coin purse

 No.7155

File: 1490645955019.png (172.01 KB, 550x450, 11:9, rarity90.png) ImgOps Google

>>7153
"A cloak? Yes, we carry some simple clothes. It is nothing special really but should serve the purpose when you travel. It's 9 silver pieces."

 No.7156

File: 1490646041929.gif (2.01 MB, 750x422, 375:211, mac48.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7154
>you have 12 gold pieces 9 silver and 9 copper

The dwarf asks you to place your head in the contraption while he walks up to a crank. He begins turning it and the whirring and grinding of gears can be heard. A big wooden comb begins to move and comes dangerously close to your beard - and your face.

>roll for Courage -2

 No.7157

>>7155
As long as they keep the rain off, that be great. I'll have one in dark grey if you have any.

 No.7158

File: 1490646086509.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7156  1d20 - 2 = 18!

 No.7159

File: 1490646227102.png (31.41 KB, 176x172, 44:43, rarity43.png) ImgOps Google

>>7157
"They are all greyish. We don't dye them, it's too expensive."

She folds a cloak and hands it to you.

>>7158
As the comb comes dangerously close to your nose you quickly pull your head back! Jorhag looks a bit disappointed.

"Oh… well… your beard is in a fine condition as is."

 No.7160

>>7159
Thank you.
>Pays 9 silver.

 No.7161

File: 1490646421085.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>7159  You did say 'comb' and not 'thing that violently rips your beard off', right!?  so show me how this rain roof works.

 No.7162

File: 1490646426907.jpg (81.52 KB, 1025x926, 1025:926, rarity122.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7160
"Thank you. You're headed into the swamp, aren't you? I wish you luck."

 No.7163

>>7162
Yep. To escourt some caravan and make a trade route. Hopefully to do some good. Is it true some have got lost there and some orcs are out there?

 No.7164

File: 1490646528080.png (133.48 KB, 436x340, 109:85, mac46.png) ImgOps Google

>>7161
"It's not ripping any beards off! It just needs some small readjustments."

He demonstrates the rain-roof to you. He shows you how to carefully open and close the metal contraption at the one end of the stick. It's really heavy but well made and and when opened the big leather sheets would keep you safe from the rain.

 No.7165

File: 1490646641686.png (87.18 KB, 319x229, 319:229, rarity74.png) ImgOps Google

>>7163
"I heard the story about the orcs too but the swamp is huge. They could be anywhere in there - and if we're lucky they have already gotten stuck in some pit and drowned.

I don't know anything about tracks getting lost. It's true two went inside and didn't come by here again but they could have just used the long road around the Lake to get back to Trallop."

 No.7166

>>7165
Well, hopefully we will have no troubles.

 No.7167

File: 1490646815915.png (220.29 KB, 600x600, 1:1, rarity117.png) ImgOps Google

>>7166
"The village has heavy walls around it and some of the Prince's men stand guard. The orcs won't come here."

 No.7168

>>7167
It's not the village I'm worried about, but the trade route we're planning through the swamps.

 No.7169

File: 1490646901645.gif (1.35 MB, 274x230, 137:115, 1387421057018.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7164  I'll take it!

 No.7170

File: 1490646969786.png (130.22 KB, 385x385, 1:1, rarity155.png) ImgOps Google

>>7168
"Oh, you really have to be brave to go there with the road out… Like I said, I wish you all the best!"

 No.7171

File: 1490647022267.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>7170
Thank you.
>Heads off.

 No.7172

File: 1490647043728.png (218.68 KB, 391x455, 391:455, mac11.png) ImgOps Google

>>7169
"Excellent, my friend, a wise choice!"

>he hands you the rain-roof and collects the ten gold pieces

"If you ever need it repaired, just return it to me and I will do so for free. But I guarantee it will not have any malfunctions for 100 years."

 No.7173

>>7172
((Gonna end up inside out, two miles away.))

 No.7174

File: 1490647478171.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7172  I'll keep that in mind!  thank you

 No.7175

File: 1490647574141.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

Alright, I think we should stop now. Next time we can start the trip into the swamp!

 No.7176

File: 1491151787192.png (251.01 KB, 1092x626, 546:313, twi251.png) ImgOps Google


 No.7177

File: 1491151941305.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

To summarize what happened last: You're about to enter the Mistmoor swamp in order to find an optional route through it for transport wagons to pass. The original one was destroyed by a recent flood.

You're in the small village of Olat where you spent the night, only miles away from the swamp's edge.

 No.7178

>>7177
I got a hood a rainproof robe! Maybe I'll get it enchant it to resist water or something for extra effort.

 No.7179

File: 1491152069271.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

> drinks some random ale

 No.7180

>>7179
Where d'you get that?

 No.7181

File: 1491152124291.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7180  you don't want to know

 No.7182

File: 1491152152628.png (314.92 KB, 560x648, 70:81, Epic Mount whut face by Bl….png) ImgOps Google

>>7181
Uuuuuuugh~

 No.7183

File: 1491152196207.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7178
Well, it's a cloak really.

>>7181
Wherever the beer came from, you also got yourself a rain-roof, it weighs 3 kilos and will protect you from rain!

 No.7184

File: 1491152267441.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

Parel Notgelf, the leader of the track and right-hand man of Trallop George approaches you a few minutes later, informing you that the wagons are ready to depart any minute.

 No.7185

>>7183
As long as it keeps the rain out and my hands free.

So, we got everything? Hm… maybe should get some emergency supplies as well, like bandages, healing potions and such.

 No.7186

File: 1491152346808.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google


 No.7187

File: 1491152373423.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7185
Parel rolls his eyes. "We got plenty of rations for a very long time. But if you want to get some bandages, be my guest. Just hurry up with it."

 No.7188

File: 1491152409913.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7185  we certainly don't need any of that!
>>7187
> is ready to go

 No.7189

File: 1491153325101.png (85.02 KB, 640x360, 16:9, bg2.png) ImgOps Google

"So, how many bandages do you want?" The healer asks after Vitis was staring at her items for a good ten minutes.

 No.7190

File: 1491153422117.png (66.08 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is awesome.png) ImgOps Google

>>7189
Five standard bandages please. Thats five gold right? And is needle and surgical thread included?

 No.7191

File: 1491153495051.png (85.02 KB, 640x360, 16:9, bg2.png) ImgOps Google

>>7190
She nods "Yes, it is. That's 5 gold pieces."

 No.7192

>>7191
Thank you.

>Returns to the caravan.
while I have the magic to heal, I think it's best to be prepared just in case I can't.

 No.7193

File: 1491153861179.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

At last the caravan begins to move, heading through the village gate and north towards the swamp.

The big Nine-Eyes Lake is to your right as the wagons roll one after another along on the simple dirt road.

Then you see the swamp before you. Old, crooked trees stick out, patches of fog drift along, a foul odour is in the air. And yet, the road still looks fine here.

Noon comes and goes and still you head north, the Lake only half a mile to mile to the right of you. Then at last the first wagon comes to a halt. In from the road has disappeared as if swallowed by the bog.


>Time for an Intuition roll!

 No.7194

d20 = 15

 No.7195

>>7193  1d20 = 14!

 No.7196

File: 1491154069363.jpg (111.33 KB, 517x342, 517:342, twi195.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7194
>>7195
You see something that might be a possible road up ahead. The swamp is not too much spread out here yet, there are still many dry spots of solid ground.

>How do you position yourself? There are 5 wagons in total? Will you go in front, in the back…?

 No.7197

>>7196
> is at the back

 No.7198

>>7196
I suppose I'll be at the wagon in second. That way I'll be quick to defend the front or the middle wagons if needed.

 No.7199

1d20 = 13

 No.7200

File: 1491154380169.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

The wagons start rolling after Parel Notgelf checks ahead and finds a suitabe path.

Very slowly the track creeps northwards. The afternoon comes soon enough and you seem to make a good pace when Parel who is with the first wagon lifts his hand, making all wagons come to a halt.

"I'm not sure which way to go, there's two possible ways. One heading east and one west."

 No.7201

>>7200
>Vitis gets off to check the fork in the road.
Which way would you suggest Naz? I dunno the whereabouts to this place well.

 No.7202

>>7201  don't we have a map?

 No.7203

>>7202
Do we?

>Turns to Parel
Hey Parel, is there a map?

 No.7204

File: 1491154785403.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7201
>>7202
No map of the swamp exists that goes beyond its edges and the two roads going through it. You already have left the road.

 No.7205

>>7204
Well thats inconveniance.

>Picks up a nearby stick and tosses it into the air.

 No.7206

1d5 = 1

 No.7207

The stick lands a bit to the left of you.

 No.7208

>>7207
Hm… stick says we go Left.

 No.7209

File: 1491154984733.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7208  elf logic in action…  left it is

 No.7210

>>7209
A'ight lets go!

>They pointed to the left path.

 No.7211

File: 1491155090362.jpg (111.33 KB, 517x342, 517:342, twi195.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

"Well, might as well go left…" Parel comments and tells his men to follow the first wagon which moves west, deeper into the swamp.

 No.7212

>roll for Intuition +3 please

 No.7213

>>7211
>Vitis boarded the second wagon. Naz, if you take the fourth wagon then if the caravans get hassled, one of us will reach the needed caravan quicker.
Or if you want I'll take fourth and you take second.

 No.7214

>>7212  1d20 + 3 = 22!

 No.7215

>>7212
d20 + 3 = 16

 No.7216

1d20 = 19

 No.7217

File: 1491156801448.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

With both of you and Parel failing your Intuition rolls it does not take long for one of the wagons to get off the very narrow ground and get stuck in the mud with a wheel. Angrily the driver jumps off and examines it.

"I need some help here, lads!"

 No.7218

File: 1491156871604.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7217
>goes to help lift the cart out of the mud

 No.7219

File: 1491156992030.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>7218
You need to roll for Strength and gather a total of 20 pointes doing so.

You can do 5 rolls!

Naz, you can help too.

 No.7220

File: 1491157041740.png (2.25 KB, 180x180, 1:1, avatar78425_1.gif.png) ImgOps Google

>>7219
1d20 = 7! 1d20 = 4! 1d20 = 2! 1d20 = 6! 1d20 = 17!

 No.7221

>>7219
>Helps also.
d20 = 18
d20 = 19
d20 = 3
d20 = 10
d20 = 1

 No.7222

File: 1491157201744.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>7220
>>7221
Nicely done. Together you manage to push the cart out after ten minutes of hard work.

"Good work, boys." Parel says and hands both of you a flask with brandy.

 No.7223

>>7222
>Vitis, not being one to drink alcohol, pockets it incase it maybe of use later.

 No.7224

File: 1491157289546.jpg (80.19 KB, 709x625, 709:625, Dwarf_35541c_5698177.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7222
toasts to a job well done

 No.7225

File: 1491157415579.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>7223
"Hey, don't pocket it. That's my flask. Feel free to drink from it though."

 No.7226

>>7225
Oh uh, I don't really drink alcohol.
>Gives the flask back.

((Haven't really decided if he is teetotal, or just a picky drinker.))

 No.7227

File: 1491157677176.jpg (111.33 KB, 517x342, 517:342, twi195.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7226
He rolls his eyes and sighs. "Elves…" he mutters befor climbing onto the first wagon again.

As you continue your journey it only takes a few minutes until Parel lifts his hand.

"I think I hear something up ahead."

 No.7228

>>7227
Wait here…
>Goes ahead a few feet, but not too far from the caravans and perks his elven ears.

 No.7229

File: 1491157848807.png (1019 B, 320x416, 10:13, happy_dwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>7227  I don't hear anything…

 No.7230

>>7228
>>7229
>roll for Intuition both of you

 No.7231

>>7230
d20 = 18

 No.7232

>>7230  1d20 = 8

 No.7233

>>7232
You can hear a pair of male voices up ahead, speaking in the human tongue though you cannot make out what they are saying. You also hear the sound of shovels in between.

 No.7234

File: 1491158430362.jpg (45.22 KB, 800x457, 800:457, dig_damn_you.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7233
oh wait, I can hear someone up ahead.  sounds like their digging something.  wait here a moment
> sneaks ahead to take a look

 No.7235

>>7234
>roll for Dexterity please

 No.7236

>>7235  1d20 = 18!

 No.7237

>>7236
With loud, wet sounds the dwarf marches further to the west, not doing too well in concealing his approach.

Still, no reaction comes. You see two man, humans, busy with their shovels. They are both in their early 40s, diggint out what sems to be peat. They are dirty all over, wearing thick worksman clothes.

 No.7238

File: 1491158816875.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7237  I didn't expect to find any people working in the swamps.  How are you folks doing?

 No.7239

>>7237
>>7238
>Follows.
>Has his suspicions and see if there was anything like a corpse or a bodybag nearby.

 No.7240

File: 1491159130047.png (487.27 KB, 877x637, 877:637, bg117.png) ImgOps Google

>>7238
The two men look up in surprise, not having realized others were there.

"Oh… oh, a dwarf - and an elf? Here in the swamp? We're fine, thank you. Are you lost?"

 No.7241

>>7240
No, we just heard something and came to investigate.
>Checks what they were doing, in case of bodybags.

 No.7242

File: 1491159393541.gif (411.22 KB, 380x380, 1:1, bg115.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7241
"So you just… walked into the swamp?" They gripped their shovels more firmly after looking at each other.

"Look, we don't want any trouble. So, let's just say we haven't seen you, alright?"

>no body bags can be seen

 No.7243

>>7242
No-no, we're not here to harass you. In fact we're helping a caravan establish a trade route through the swamp…

If I may ask, what exactly are you two doing?

 No.7244

File: 1491159602032.gif (158.58 KB, 259x285, 259:285, bg118.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7243
"So… you're not robbers?" They sigh in relieve. "Well, we are peat diggers, what does it look like?" he points at a nearby cart that was already filled with a stack of peat.

"We live at the edge of the swamp. It's a hard life."

 No.7245

>>7244
Oh, heh…
>Relaxes
For then I figured you were robbers burying your previous clients.

So you dig up "peat"?

 No.7246

File: 1491159899999.gif (411.22 KB, 380x380, 1:1, bg115.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7245
"He nods. Yes, turf. We spend several months of the year here, diggint it up. It is used as fuel to make fires. Burns well and hot. And it burns better than the moist wood around here."

The other one nods.

"It barely earns a living though. Ah well." he shakes his head. "We're no robbers, Sir."

 No.7247

>>7246
Well, perhaps we can do something to benefit you in the long run if you can help us with a little something?

 No.7248

File: 1491160037242.jpg (187.66 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, bg119.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7247
They look somewhat puzzled, leaning on their wooden shovels. "Help with what?"

 No.7249

>>7248
Well, you two know at least some of the forest pretty well right? That means you probably know the most ideal way through the swamp that would make into a highly practical trade route.

For example we're just started and we've already began not too far from your home, thus in return you'll have more ease of access to trading near your home.

 No.7250

File: 1491160276178.gif (158.58 KB, 259x285, 259:285, bg118.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7249
"Well, there quite a few paths in the swamp though we stay at the outer edges. It can be very dangerous further inside. We saw some orcs entering several days ago. Fools, the swamp has likely swallowed them up already."

 No.7251

>>7250
But you know the most safest way into the swamp right?

 No.7252

File: 1491160444746.png (129.68 KB, 372x298, 186:149, bg116.png) ImgOps Google

>>7251
"With the flooding from a few weeks back we're not sure we know any paths there anymore. Much of the dry area was flooded."

>roll for Intelligence

 No.7253

>>7252
d20 = 16

 No.7254

>>7253
>meh

 No.7255

>>7254
Damn, if the swamps layout can be unpredictable during different seasons, I dunno if this trade route is such a great idea.

 No.7256

File: 1491161053793.gif (411.22 KB, 380x380, 1:1, bg115.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7255
"A trade route? Ah, because the roads are out. I was in Olat two weeks ago, heard they already sent men in to fix the road leading to the Svellt City League. Gonna take a while I reckon."

They both look at you.

"You don't look like traders though, where are your wares?"

 No.7257

>>7256
We're not traders… wait… are we?
>Looks over to Naz who looked distracted with the peat.
Well we're out here to plan a secured caravan route through the swamplands so that traders can get to Trallop and other towns here n a few short days than it would to go around the mountains and lake.

 No.7258

File: 1491161296901.png (129.68 KB, 372x298, 186:149, bg116.png) ImgOps Google

>>7257
"Caravan… hold on, you want to go through here with wagons? Those heavy carts Trallop George uses? You didn't say that! I thought you meant paths by foot. Now wagons, that's a different thing…"

They look at each other, scratching their heads, talking to each other.

"Not easy… those carts are heavy and big."

 No.7259

>>7258
Yes, sorry, I didn't clarify.

We're planning a "caravan route", a "road" for caravans to come through the swamps so that it would be much more conveniant for traders and travellers to get to the towns much more quickly. Like half a week at least.

 No.7260

>>7258
What I was getting at is if you help us plan this road, it can lead right by your place or so, to make it more easier for you to buy things, and maybe sell your peat as well.

 No.7261

File: 1491161652242.png (487.27 KB, 877x637, 877:637, bg117.png) ImgOps Google

>>7259
After talking several more minutes they tell you that they know only one way where they think wagons can pass through here. They'd need to northwest for about 3 miles, then southwest for about 4. That is as far west as they go. There might be means to move on from there but they aren't certain.

 No.7262

>>7261
Ah! Thank you. I will tell the caravan leader. Thank you very much.

((Don;t wanna head back to the caravan without Naz.))

 No.7263

File: 1491161781594.gif (158.58 KB, 259x285, 259:285, bg118.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7260
"Our hut is to the south of here. We can pull our small handcart there but that's no path for heavy covered wagons. Besides, that way you'd leave the bog again."

 No.7264

File: 1491161851672.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7262
(Alright, time to stop I guess.)

 No.7265

>>7263
Yes, I will let our navigator know where you would like a trade point be.

>>7264
((OK))

 No.7266

File: 1493914072152.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

SUMMARY
=======
The heroes were asked by Trallop George to accompany and protect one of his tracks as it was planning to make its way through the dangerous Mistmoor.

The track consists of five wagons. In the village of Olat you were joined by an inventor-dwarf who has his own coach.

Last time we played you had entered the swamp and met two peat diggers who gave you a hint on how to continue the journey.

 No.7267

File: 1493914133435.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7266  let's go that-a-way

 No.7268

>>7266
Ah I remember, in return we promised the trade route tha was planned will be close to their home for conveniance for them.

>>7267
Which-a-way?

 No.7269

File: 1493914213257.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7268
>flips a coin
that-a-way

 No.7270

File: 1493914259223.gif (411.22 KB, 380x380, 1:1, bg115.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7267
>>7268
"That way." The digger points northwest. "For about three miles, then southwest."

 No.7271

>>7269
>>7270
We dunno what this or that way is.

We should ask the navigator or someone on the caravans who have some idea where we're going.

Besides we already have a planned route, remember what those peat folk told us to go?

 No.7272

File: 1493914347479.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google


 No.7273

>>7272
Then lets go where they suggested.
>Picks up and gives Naz back his coin.

 No.7274

File: 1493914435238.png (487.27 KB, 877x637, 877:637, bg117.png) ImgOps Google

>>7271
"I AM the peat digger… you've been talking to me all this time."

Parel Notgelf who leads the track shakes his head. "I don't know where to go, that's the problem. None of us do. Finding a way is why we're here."

He tosses the two peat diggers a few coins. "Anyway, I think we should try the way those two have told us."

 No.7275

>>7274
Uh yeah.
>Keeps his chin up and gets back on the caravan.

 No.7276

File: 1493914507584.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Alright, in which order will you join the track? Will you be in front, in the back, in the middle?

 No.7277

File: 1493914528376.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>7273  thanks!
>>7274  sounds good to me

 No.7278

>>7276  back

 No.7279

>>7276
= = = O =

I'll be on this one. That way if the from three caravans get attack I can squickly reach to defend them on time.

 No.7280

File: 1493914784618.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7279
>>7278
Alright.

Following the suggestion of the peat diggers who wish you luck on your trip the covered wagons begin their difficult journey anew.

The sun is slowly setting as carefully the wagons roll along the treacherous, muddy ground, always there being the risk of you suddenly coming upon a piece of ground too light and soggy to carry them.

You heart he distant cries of animals and the bubbling of holes of pit and mud, a thin fog always surrounding you.

>Epic: roll Intuition +6
>Naz: roll Intuition +10

 No.7281

>>7280
I mean Vitis.

 No.7282

File: 1493914854368.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7280  1d20 + 10 = 23

 No.7283

>>7280
d20 + 6 = 14

(Reminds me of the time I went to visit my brother on train. It was a cold yet sunny morning and on the train there we entered a wall of fog and it was suddenly all SIlent Hill on the countryside.

We even went to the other side of the fog bank and left through a fog wall.)

 No.7284

1d20 + 2 = 10

 No.7285

File: 1493915021859.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Suddenly! one of the horses up ahead whinnies loudly and rears - then bolts! The driver desperately tries to keep the carriage on its track.

You see a fat snake slithering away into the bog.

 No.7286

What will you do?

 No.7287

File: 1493915094827.png (55.64 KB, 507x276, 169:92, batdwarf vs zombies.png) ImgOps Google

>>7285
>is hungry and runs after the snake

 No.7288

>>7285
>Apologize and slip my trousers back up.
>Prepare to fight the snake.

 No.7289

File: 1493915363943.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>7287
>>7288
The snake is quite agitated that you try to follow it and senses you, turning around.

It is as thick as your arms and several feet long.

=============

Both of you, roll your attacks (plus damage), you get to go first.

Naz: You have Attack 11, Defense 9; Damage 1d6+4
Vitis: You have Attack 11, Defense 9, Damage 1d6+6

 No.7290

>>7289
>Tries to hack at it.
d20 = 20

 No.7291

File: 1493915456814.png (76.78 KB, 500x375, 4:3, tumblr_mnsve5WkIj1snsprdo1….png) ImgOps Google

>>7289   1d20 = 1!  1d6 + 4 = 7

 No.7292

>>7290
Critical miss, roll 2d6!

>>7291
Critical hit! The snake tries to evade.

1d20 = 1

 No.7293

>>7292
d20 = 1d6 + 6 = 12

 No.7294

>>7292
The snake slithers away with a splended evasion!

It attacks Naz! 1d20 = 21d6 + 2 = 8

 No.7295

It would hit! Naz, roll defense!

 No.7296

File: 1493915641075.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7295  1d20 = 17!

 No.7297

File: 1493915688122.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>7296
Oh no! The snake sinks its dangerous, big teeth into Naz's armor… which is so thick the dwarf does not even get a scratch.

The snake hisses angrily!

 No.7298

File: 1493915728077.png (2.25 KB, 180x180, 1:1, avatar78425_1.gif.png) ImgOps Google

>>7297  bahahahaha….
>grabs the snake behind its head

 No.7299

>>7298
>roll for Dexterity +3!

 No.7300

>>7297
>>7298
Is the snake stuck?
>Tries to decapitate it while it's taking a bite.

d20 = 11d6 + 6 = 9

 No.7301

>>7299  1d20 + 3 = 18

 No.7302

2d6 = 9

 No.7303

>>7301
You miss! The snake does not appreciate you trying to grab it!

>>7300
1d20 = 13

 No.7304

>>7300
>>7303
You hit! The snake shiverd, almost being cut in half.

Desperately it tries to bite Vitis!

1d20 = 81d6 + 2 = 7

 No.7305

>>7304
It would hit, roll defense!

 No.7306

>>7303
I don't appreciate it scarying off horses and biting friends.

d20 = 20d6 + 6 = 8 (or 2d6 = 6?)

 No.7307

>>7306
The snake hisses happily as Vitis stumbles about, getting a good bite!

Roll for posion! 1d6 = 5

 No.7308

>>7307
Lucky, no poison! But 4 points of damage!

Naz, your turn to attack!

 No.7309

>>7307  whacks the snake again!
1d20 = 13  1d6 + 4 = 7!

 No.7310

>>7307
Aack!

>Attacks again.
d20 = 14d6 + 6 = 7

 No.7311

>>7309
Miss!

Vitis, your turn!

 No.7312

>>7310
Also missed!

The snake attacks Vitis! 1d20 = 51d6 + 2 = 5

 No.7313

>>7312
It hits, Vitis roll defense.

 No.7314

>>7313
>Tries to knock the serpent away.
d20 = 11

 No.7315

>>7314
Oh no! You fail! 2 points of damage!

Naz, your turn!

 No.7316

File: 1493916225531.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>7313
> tries to grab the snake again
1d20 + 3 = 20

 No.7317

>>7316
The snake would laugh if it could!

Vitis, your turn!

 No.7318

>>7317
Why is it so hard to cut a snakes head off?
d20 = 18d6 + 6 = 8

(Though there is some accounts a snakes head still lives for awhile after decapitation. Dunn oif it's true though.)

 No.7319

>>7318
You miss!

The snake has had enough of Naz's hand and tries to bite it!

1d20 = 121d6 + 2 = 6

 No.7320

>>7319
It hits but again the armor is way too thick!

Naz, your turn!

 No.7321

>>7320  cleaves the snake!
1d20 = 16 1d6 + 4 = 8

 No.7322

This is getting us nowhere, we need a plan!

>Tries to look for anything he can use to turn the situation around.

 No.7323

>>7321
Or at least he tries to but the sword fails to find the snake's body!

>>7322
You see the bog, some rotting sticks, a shrubbery and the men trying to catch the other wagon.

 No.7324

In the meantime, while Vitis is thinking, the snake tries to bite him some more.

1d20 = 81d6 + 2 = 6

 No.7325

It would hit! Quickly defend!

 No.7326

>>7324
>Tries to draw the serpent into the bog.

d6 + 6 = 8

 No.7327

>>7326
You evade.

How are you trying to do that?

 No.7328

>>7327
>>7326
Hold on, reroll!

 No.7329

>>7327
>I attack it again to draw attention.
d20 = 6[26+6]

>And maybe throw sticks at it.

>>7328
d20 = 15

 No.7330

>>7329
d6 + 6 = 8

 No.7331

>>7329
The snake does not enjoy being thrown sticks at that don't even hit it!

You evade it's bite though.

It follows you slowly!

 No.7332

>>7331
>Tries to draw it into the bog… without accidentally falling in myself.

 No.7333

File: 1493916899779.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7331
> flings the snake by its tail into the bog

 No.7334

>>7333
The snake did not see that coming!

>roll Dexterity!

 No.7335

File: 1493916945542.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7334
1d20 = 12!

 No.7336

>>7333
YES! GO NAZ! GO!

 No.7337

>>7335
Oh no! If only you wouldn't wear this much armor! You miss by one point.

The snake is not happy about this and turns around to attack Naz!

1d20 = 61d6 + 2 = 5

 No.7338

>>7337
Chomp chomp chomp! Again, no damage due to the thick steel armor.

 No.7339

Vitis, the snake is turned to you! If you attack now the snake cannot defend.

 No.7340

>>7339
*turned away from you

 No.7341

>>7339
HEY! OVER HERE!
d20 = 17d6 + 6 = 7

 No.7342

>>7341
You swing your heavy two-handed sword, missing badly!

 No.7343

File: 1493917263361.png (238.54 KB, 576x432, 4:3, damuramu_intellectual.png) ImgOps Google

>>7342
>walks away while the snake is still biting the armor

 No.7344

File: 1493917326896.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7343
>>7341
The snake has had enough of biting on steel and elves throwing sticks and slithers away into the bog, ending the battle.

 No.7345

>>7344
YEAH YOU BETTER RUN!

Dammit.
You OK Naz?

 No.7346

File: 1493917453454.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

After this heroic battle you see that the front wagon with the bolting horse is stuck in the swamp. The men have managed to lead the horse out but the wagon's wheels barely turn.

What will you do?

 No.7347

File: 1493917534770.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7345  Well that was fun!  Of course I'm fine.  Did it get you?
>>7346
>helps dislodge the wheel

 No.7348

>>7346
>Sigh.
Let's see if we can lift it. Maybe we can use some large, sturdy sticks for support to make sure it can roll out of this mud.

>>7347
>Was badly damaged, but not posioned.
Nothing I can't walk off.

(Checking my inventory, I thought I brough healing equipment…)

 No.7349

>>7347
Time to test your strength!

>roll Strength+4!

 No.7350

>>7349  1d20 + 4 = 12!

 No.7351

>>7349
>Goes and finds sturdy bits of wood that can temporary support a wagons wheel to get it out of the mud.

 No.7352

>>7350
Not bad but even tough the men help it is not enough!

>>7351
You find plenty of them!

If you two help together and use the bits of wood you both only have to

>roll Strength -2

successfully to get the wagon out!

 No.7353

File: 1493917857613.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7352  1d20 - 2 = 4

 No.7354

>>7352
d20 - 2 = 16

 No.7355

>>7353
Look at them muscles! The wagon rolls a little!

>>7354
But not enough!

Try again both of you!

 No.7356

File: 1493917968546.png (360.25 KB, 1890x2155, 378:431, Roidrage Epic by Niksie.png) ImgOps Google

>>7355
>Straining trying to lift up the wagon.

d20 - 2 = 12

>>7353
C'mon Naz… wheres that dwarfish strength?

 No.7357

File: 1493917972403.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

>>7355
1d20 - 4 = -1!

 No.7358

>>7356  right here!  >>7357

 No.7359

>>7357  whoops, +2

 No.7360

File: 1493918078520.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7357
>>7358
Even though Vitis is still lacking some strength, Nazom's vigor is so splendid the wagon wheel turns and at last you manage to free the coach!

The men cheer in unision!

 No.7361

>>7360
Well… me and those bits of wood I got loosened it.

>But the fact he was down a third of health didn't help either.

 No.7362

File: 1493918275364.jpg (80.19 KB, 709x625, 709:625, Dwarf_35541c_5698177.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.7363

File: 1493918283414.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

It was getting late and after all the excitement and scares the men decided to camp out of the night. Bonefires are lit and Parel Notgelf asks you to stand guard.

 No.7364

File: 1493918313179.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>7363  aye, you can count on my steel

 No.7365

>>7363
Of course.

 No.7366

File: 1493918391280.png (174.01 KB, 900x877, 900:877, mac41.png) ImgOps Google

>>7364
>>7365
The dwarf Jorhag Purrtooth is rolling a keg with ale over and joins you.

"Well, that was exciting, wasn't it? I was watching all that fighting closely from my wagon."

 No.7367

File: 1493918466409.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>7366  Can you believe it actually tried to bite me!?  Ha ha ha ha…

 No.7368

>>7366
We usually do better.

>Regrets he couldn't cut it.

 No.7369

File: 1493918556634.png (164.13 KB, 808x988, 202:247, mac53.png) ImgOps Google

>>7367
>>7368
Oh, those snakes are fast and slithery! It cannot be easy hitting such a small target.

"Care for a drink?"

You notice he has put his 'Drafty' on the keg.

 No.7370

File: 1493918760635.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7369  absolutely!  thank you, sir

 No.7371

>>7369
>>7370
Oh hey look at this thing Naz, it's the thing I was on about.
>Points to the drafty.

 No.7372

File: 1493918879061.gif (163.39 KB, 148x179, 148:179, mac36.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7370
He uses the Drafty to tap some beer… it pours into the tankard with a nice white foam!

"See how easy it is? It's a breeze! Beer always stays fresh and foamy with a Drafty!"

 No.7373

File: 1493918938079.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

>>7371  >>7372  incredible!  no home should be without one

 No.7374

>>7373
Thats what I've been saying!

Imagine if water can be transfered directly into ones home with a drafty! No need to have to go to the river or local well to collect water ever again!

 No.7375

File: 1493919072567.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

>>7373
"I have been saying that for years! It is good to hear someone as bold and heroic as you speaking sense, Mr. Nazom!"

He produces another Drafty.

"Only 15 gold pieces!"

>>7374
"Oh, you need a line of steel pipes for that. I can deliver those as well."

 No.7376

>>7375
Well,w edon't actually have a home to live in…

But I do like the idea of it.

 No.7377

>>7375  That's….  quite an investment!

 No.7378

>>7377
Maybe after I rid my town of it's curse and settle down, then perhaps will have drafty's installed in my home there.

 No.7379

File: 1493919380860.png (249.72 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, mac43.png) ImgOps Google

>>7376
>>7377
>>7378
"Oh… you drive a hard bargain! Tell you what, I'll leave you to the keg here and you can try the Draft yourself. I'll be heading to bed now. Good night you two!"

 No.7380

>>7379
I don't drink alcohol, but I'm sure my friend here will take up the entire offer.

 No.7381

File: 1493919647098.jpg (28.24 KB, 467x350, 467:350, dwarf_by_art_anon-d51gpjf.….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7379  Thank you, and good night.  We shall put it to good use
>>7380  well, it would be rude not to!
> pours and downs the delicious ale

 No.7382

>>7381
Don't drink too much. We're on guard duty.

>Looks out into the swamp and forest and ponders about his hometown, and how the feylamia came from the surrounding woodlands.

I retconned Vitis backstory, replaced the huldra with feylamia as they're more accurate to TDE lore.

 No.7383

File: 1493919760292.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

After having more than a little ale Nazom sleeps through most of the night. But lucky for both of you, your shifts are uneventful.

As the morning comes the men get ready to continue their journey.

Vitis, roll 1d6 to recover health and 1d6 to recover magic.

Nazom, no need to roll, you've got full health.

 No.7384

>>7383
Healthd6 = 6
Manad6 = 4

 No.7385

File: 1493919837598.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

> wakes up refreshed, pretending he'd not fallen asleep

 No.7386

Will you stick with your positions in the track?

 No.7387

>>7386  indeed

 No.7388

>>7386
I will, unless a caravan driver specificaly wants me to sit with them.

 No.7389

>>7388
Yes, he'd prefer you being with the first wagon.

 No.7390

>>7389
A'ight, I will sit up front.

 No.7391

File: 1493920162659.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

You continue following the advice of the two peat diggers and head more southwest now, a path leading you rather away from where you need to go.

But Parel is not worried, having anticipated that you might would have to make large detours.

It is still early in the morning and you have barely gotten 2 miles behind you when you hear the sound of running water.

You have reached a small river, about 15 meters wide.

 No.7392

File: 1493920236797.png (43.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is lurking.png) ImgOps Google

>>7391
Water we stopping for?

 No.7393

File: 1493920239870.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7391  har har har, after you, Vitis!

 No.7394

The wagons stop. Parel gets off and examines the river with two more men, both walking up and down carefully along the bank.

"I think we can cross it with the wagons, it's not too deep."

 No.7395

>>7394
OK… though will admit, sounds deceptively easy.

>>7393
Oh no-no-no, after you.

 No.7396

How will you two cross the river?

 No.7397

File: 1493920505981.png (61.68 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount grin.png) ImgOps Google

>>7396
Perhaps be best if one of us goes in to make sure it's safe to cross.

Since Naz thought of it first, he should have the honours.

 No.7398

>Looks around for the dwarf.
N-naz?

 No.7399

File: 1493920796190.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7398  fine!
> enters the water (brb)

 No.7400

File: 1493920866453.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>7399
All it takes are two simple rolls!

>roll for Strength
>roll for Dexterity

 No.7401

>>7400  1d20 = 12 1d20 = 14

 No.7402

File: 1493921268307.jpg (111.33 KB, 517x342, 517:342, twi195.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7401
Oh no! Nazom slips and lands in the water, getting himself and all his equipment soggy wet.

But after a few moments he manages to climb out at the other side of the river.

 No.7403

File: 1493921330057.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7402  see?  no problem
> starts drying things off

 No.7404

>>7402
>Snorts as he tumbles.

 No.7405

Well, Vitis, what will you do?

 No.7406

>>7405
A'ight, if Naz can get through with no problem, let's get these carts moving. But one by one!

 No.7407

File: 1493921661300.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>7406
One after another the wagons rolls through the shallow river bed, wheels creaking, water rushing. All make it to the other side safely until only you remain on the opposite side.

 No.7408

>>7407
>Hitch a ride on one of the carts to get over high and dry.

 No.7409

>>7408
You make it across with dry feet.

 No.7410

File: 1493921784579.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7408  pft

 No.7411

File: 1493921934706.png (207.35 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi139.png) ImgOps Google

I got to stop for now, I hope we can continue soon.

 No.7412

>>7410
>Sticks out toung smugly.

>>7411
OK.

 No.7413

((When are we continuing this?))

 No.7414

File: 1495201833701.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7413
(⛵ is more busy nowadays so we'll have to wait.)

 No.7415

File: 1495202089441.jpg (50.75 KB, 497x331, 497:331, Sad-Dobby.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7414
((Okay))

 No.7416

File: 1495217578604.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google


 No.7417

File: 1495217691880.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

SUMMARY:
========
You're tasked finding a way through the treachers swamp of Mistmoor with a track of five covered wagons.

Last time you forced a snake to retreat after a heated battle and crossed a shallow river with Nazom landing in the water.

 No.7418

>>7417
I rode over the water high and dry on one of the wagons. I teased Naz about it.

 No.7419

File: 1495217770523.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7417
> continues drying off

 No.7420

File: 1495217945441.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

Parel Notgelf, the leader of the track, decides to take a break so Nazom can dry his clothes. The rest of the crew uses the time for a quick snack and a drink.

The guidance you received from the peat diggers earlier hints that you should look for a path leading west. But this is the final help you can gather from it.

 No.7421

>>7420
>Vitis takes a quick scout up ahead to the western path they could take.

 No.7422

>>7421
>roll Intuition -2

 No.7423

File: 1495218188837.gif (496.15 KB, 500x281, 500:281, Special eyes.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7422
d20 - 2 = 7

 No.7424

>>7423
After searching for a good ten minutes and testing the ground you find a possible path to the west indeed, passing a big muddy hole that seems inhabitated by swarms of gnats.

 No.7425

File: 1495218315862.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>7423  gnats, it's like you're right at home!

 No.7426

File: 1495218511533.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Parel calls for the track to continue its journey.

>>7425
Will you return in the back or change position?

 No.7427

>>7426  to the back

 No.7428

>>7425
I dunno, they take after you… small, annoying… stubborn. :P

>>7426
I'll stay up front and point to the path I found.

 No.7429

File: 1495218815778.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

The wagons rattle along, carefully making their way west through the dangerous bogs. All the time some of the crew walk ahead, testing the stability with long sticks and more than once the wagons have to backtrack and find a more safer route closeby. Always followed by the annoying buzzing of the gnats that take a particular liking for the softer skin of humans and elves. Nazom seems to be pretty much left alone by them.

Hours go by and night is coming soon enough and Parel Notgelf tells the crew to halt and set up camp.

What will you do?

 No.7430

>>7429
>Slap gnats off my skin.

 No.7431

>Nazom seems to be pretty much left alone by them.
>>7428  harumph!  seems they've accepted you as one of their own

>>7429
>helps setup camp

 No.7432

File: 1495219031369.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7430
As soon as the others have gotten a fire going the gnats are kept at bay by the smoke. Other die in the flickering flame as they come to close.

>>7431
Choose one:
————
>roll for Intuition to help cooking
>roll for Strength to chop some more fire wood

 No.7433

File: 1495219085696.png (55.64 KB, 507x276, 169:92, batdwarf vs zombies.png) ImgOps Google

>>7432  1d20 = 12
>chops wood

 No.7434

>Considers casting Armatruz but figured that be wasteful of his mana.

>>7432
>Since Naz was chopping wood, tries his best and cooking.

d20 = 15

 No.7435

File: 1495219167281.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7433
You certainly do your best but your strength fails you soon enough. You manage to chop 1d6 - 1 = 4 portions of wood.

 No.7436

File: 1495219205789.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7435  good enough for government work

 No.7437

>>7436
Enough wood for a small fire for 4 hours. Or one big fire for cooking for 1 hour.

>>7434
Oh no! That did not go as planned… you add way too much savory to the bean stew and the flavor is now dominated by the herb. 1d6 = 3 portions of food have an odd taste.

 No.7438

>>7437
I was just trying to cook rabbit over the fire… how the heck did that happen!?

 No.7439

File: 1495219366309.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>7437
>chops some more wood 1d20 = 17

 No.7440

>>7438
The rest of the people wonder that as well and decide the beans will be your food for this evening.

>>7439
Your muscles ache after the long day. 1d6 - 5 = 0 portions of wood are being chopped.

 No.7441

>>7440
Y'know, how 'bout I just gather up some dry, dead wood?

>Gets up to look for leftover wood the tres don't want anymore.

 No.7442

File: 1495219679337.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>7441
You take a light along cause it was already getting dark and walking around searching for dry wood in the muddy, wet swamp can take a while. Especially if the ground is treacherous.

>roll for Dexterity +1

 No.7443

>>7442
I'll becareful. It doesn't have to be obedry wood but dry enough to burn.

d20 + 1 = 2

 No.7444

>>7443
You avoid sinking and gather 1d6 - 1 = 0 portions of fire wood.

 No.7445

File: 1495219838136.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7440
> keeps on choppin'!  1d20 = 12
>>7444  hahahaha….

 No.7446

File: 1495219839368.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7443
>>7444
Now that's bad luck. While you managed to gather some it was still too wet to properly burn. It would have just created a lot of smoke and the rest of the company decide not to use it.

 No.7447

>>7445
Oh I don't see you doing any better.

>The other caravaners were getting uncomfortable, or very least amused, for the dwarf and elf arguing.

 No.7448

File: 1495219942729.png (174.01 KB, 900x877, 900:877, mac41.png) ImgOps Google

>>7445
The dwarf Jorhag Purrtooth brings has "Drafty"'ed some beer and gives you a tankard. The foamy taste gives you new strength and you chope 1d6 = 5 portions of fire wood.

 No.7449

>>7448
That's nine portions in total, enough for the night.

 No.7450

File: 1495220039785.jpg (95.06 KB, 1300x821, 1300:821, 18493251-Guerrero-enano-bo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7448  ah!  see, that did the trick!  thanks Jorhag!

 No.7451

>>7449
>Vitis goes off to sulk.

 No.7452

File: 1495220214732.jpg (8.18 KB, 245x276, 245:276, mac47.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7450
"You're quite welcome. I hope we don't stay that much longer in the swamp though. I'll be running out of beer otherwise."


Parelt Notgelf inquires which of you will take the first turn of the nightly watch and who will take the second.

 No.7453

File: 1495220350268.png (2.25 KB, 180x180, 1:1, avatar78425_1.gif.png) ImgOps Google

>>7452  Vitis here can go first since, you know, he hasn't really done anything…

 No.7454

File: 1495220517844.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7453
"Very well. Are you alright with this Mr. Vitis?"

 No.7455

>>7454
No, I'm not alright my partner has so much snark.

I'll take first watch. At least then I can enjoy my own company.

 No.7456

Roll 2d6 please.

 No.7457

>>7456
2d6 = 6

 No.7458

>>7457
Now roll for Strength -4 please.

 No.7459

>>7458
d20 - 4 = 15

 No.7460

>>7459
After 1d3 = 1 hours sleep overwhelms and you doze off. Luckily for you, nothing happens and after 1d6 = 2 hours you awake again and wake Nazom.

 No.7461

File: 1495221094974.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

2d6 = 5 1d20 - 4 = 13

 No.7462

>>7461
Your turn for shift, I'm beat.
>Covers himself with his cloak to keep the gnats off and goes to sleep.

 No.7463

>>7462
The fire is keeping the gnats away!

>>7461
Ah, another unlucky hero who cannot keep his eyes open during his shift. After 1d6 = 3 hours you awake - luckily for you, there were no wild animals about. So no harm came from it.

 No.7464

File: 1495221281139.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7463  a job well done!

 No.7465

File: 1495221296115.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

REGENERATION:
=============
Nazom: you're at full health
Vitis: You regeneration 1d6 health and 1d6 magic

 No.7466

>>7465
1d6 = 1 HP
1d6 = 5 MP

 No.7467

>>7466
You have 23 health and 24 magic now.

Nazom is at his full 45 health.

 No.7468

File: 1495221412479.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.7469

>>7467
>Didn't slept well.

>>7468
No suprise you would sleep well in mud than I would.

 No.7470

File: 1495221483014.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

The journey continues soon enough after a light breakfast.

But in which direction?

Both of you, please roll for Intuition +1!

 No.7471

>>7470
Westward of course, as we were advised before.

d20 + 1 = 4

 No.7472

>>7470  1d20 + 1 = 14!

 No.7473

File: 1495221807638.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7471
>>7472
While Nazom is looking around all the wrong directions and has no luck finding a proper path, Vitis does!

The path leads west for a few minutes but then goes northwest. You hear the quick water of a stream in the distance but can never see it. A thick morning fog is in the air.

After a good three hours of marching along you come upon a strange sight. You see odd looking bushes up ahead - even odder than the the other things have you seen in the swamp so far.

 No.7474

>>7473
((How are these bushes odd in particular?))

 No.7475

>>7474
It's shrubbery with very distinctive looking, closed blossoms and long thorns.

What is more, you think you see shreds of clothing hanging in the bushes.

 No.7476

File: 1495222049105.gif (1.05 MB, 500x250, 2:1, qn1evt.jpg.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7475  go on Vitis, take a look at the shrubbery!

 No.7477

Roll Dexterity to get closer.

 No.7478

>>7475
>>7476
>I examine the shrubbery.
d20 = 1
It is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly.

 No.7479

File: 1495222404025.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>7478
You make it all the way up to the shrubbery. You can now see that the blossoms seem to be of a dark yellowish sort. The shredded clothing that hangs in the shrubbery - it got caught in the thorns - belongs to a man's pants.

 No.7480

>>7479
Someone must have come this way.

>Given the swamp is a muddy place, looks for footprints and their general direction.

 No.7481

>>7480
>roll for Intelligence +2 to know about the plant

>roll Intuition to find tracks

Nazom can roll Intelligence too!

 No.7482

>>7481  1d20 = 5

 No.7483

(I lost Steam connection.)

 No.7484

>>7481
d20 + 2 = 8
d20 = 3

>>7483
((Same for me))

 No.7485

File: 1495223042356.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7482
>>7484
You both realize that this particular kind of bush is called Morning-Thorn. When the bush is young its blossoms shimmer in a yellowish-golden and as it grows older they turn crimson. The blossoms are only open at night. It has a certain danger to it.

>roll Intelligence +3 to remember something special


As for the tracks… there are none to be seen.

 No.7486

>>7485  1d20 + 3 = 8

 No.7487

>>7485
d20 + 3 = 15
>Tries to remember elven forest wisdom.

 No.7488

File: 1495223327908.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7487
You try real hard to think of ancient elven lore but all that appears in your thoughts are torn pants.

>>7486
Nazom remains an old fairy tale. And it even has fairies in it! Long ago, the king of fairies Amralidin lived in a castle made of golden blossoms. But greedy humans came - they saw the golden blossoms and took them all with them, leaving the shrubbery bare and the king's castle in ruin.

King Amralidin cursed the shrubby and it grew large thorns. Whoever would dare to touch the bush from that day on and would sing himself on a thorn would be turned into a Swamp Ranza - an ugly, monkey-like animal living in the swamps.

 No.7489

>>7488
Well, I can't recall what it is, but let's leave it alone. Hopefully whoever that piece of cloth belongs to is alright.

 No.7490

File: 1495223497096.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>7488
>>7487
>elven forest wisdom
funny joke!
>>7489  or maybe they turned into a Swamp Ranza, you know, like the old story?

 No.7491

>>7488
*Nazom remembers

 No.7492

>>7490
Old story? "Swamp Ranza"? What?

 No.7493

File: 1495223568199.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

"What do you see up there? Is it safe to go on?" You hear Parel Notgelf calling to you.

 No.7494

>>7493
GIVE US A MINUTE!

What you on about Naz?

 No.7495

File: 1495223655107.jpg (38.33 KB, 850x314, 425:157, swamp ranza.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.7496

File: 1495223667682.png (276.84 KB, 800x566, 400:283, Oggez Rashas.png) ImgOps Google

>>7492
>>7488  yeah, it's…
>Long ago, the king of fairies Amralidin lived in a castle made of golden blossoms. But greedy humans came - they saw the golden blossoms and took them all with them, leaving the shrubbery bare and the king's castle in ruin.
>
King Amralidin cursed the shrubby and it grew large thorns. Whoever would dare to touch the bush from that day on and would sing himself on a thorn would be turned into a Swamp Ranza - an ugly, monkey-like animal living in the swamps.

come on, everyone knows that!

 No.7497

>>7496
I was never told that story growing up.

But if what you said is true, then better make sure the caravan avoids it.

 No.7498

File: 1495224207726.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

So, what will you do?

 No.7499

>>7498
>>7497
after you, Vitis!

 No.7500

>>7498
Tell the caravans it's alright to pass, just no one to touch it.

I mean, I guess it's alright for inorganic material to touch it so if the caravan wheels or whatever touches it thats fine, just no one to actually touch it themselves.

 No.7501

File: 1495224506647.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

The caravan heeds your warning and moves on, passing the shrubbery without anyone touching it - not even any of the animals.

Another two hours pass. The fog disappears as the wagons roll on, ever heading to the northwest.

Then, shortly after you had your lunch break at noon you come to a rather dry area in what might have been a small forest long ago. But it has been thinned out significantly and many of the trees were dead or only had a few trees left.

>roll Intuition -1 to figure out in which direction to go from here

 No.7502

>>7501
d20 - 1 = 2

Naz, since you're all about woodchopping, why not collect some dry wood for tonight?

 No.7503

>>7502  sure, why not

 No.7504

>>7503
Only cut the dead trees please.

 No.7505

>>7502
>>7503
Parel Notgelf thinks that is a good idea.

Roll Strength -2!

>>7502
You have a pretty certain feeling that you should head west again here.

 No.7506

>>7505  1d20 - 2 = 4

 No.7507

>>7505
I have a feeling we should head west again here.

And I will help collect dry wood.

d20 - 2 = 7

 No.7508

File: 1495224893537.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>7506
Excellent! By the time Vitis has found the road you have gathere eight portions of fire wood. That is enough to last the next night.

>>7507
You gather six portions of wood. Now there is enough for a very bright fire!

As you collect wood you discover something… shrooms forming a fairy ring!

 No.7509

>>7508
Oh I know what that is…
Everyone keep away from the fairy ring, if you go in it, who knows where you may end up.

 No.7510

File: 1495225138108.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7509
The fairy ring is under an old oaken tree.

>roll Intuition
>roll Intelligence

"I heard they bring good luck!" Parel says.
"I heard a dryad lives in the trees where the fairy rings are! They are really hot … and they are always nude!" another says excited.
"Those shrooms look delicious!" Says a third.

 No.7511

>>7510
I think we should leave it alone. If fairies are involved it's usually bad news. It usually marks out areas that mortals should not intrude.

(But will roll if asked)

Inturition d20 = 11
Intelligence d20 = 2

 No.7512

File: 1495225407737.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7510  looks good for a soup
1d20 = 2 1d20 = 19

 No.7513

File: 1495225537349.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>7511
>>7512
You notice that that the ground around the fairy ring is rather soft and not too secure. You'd need to roll for Dexterity if you wished to move any closer.

While Nazom is not an expert when it comes to shroom, Vitis seems to be. He can tell that these shrooms (they are yellow with red dots) are potentially lethal - they are Toad Stools! A kind of poisonous mushroom, useful for alchimists though and they could fetch a pretty penny.

 No.7514

>>7513
>Vitis refuses to approach the fairy ring.
I may not know much about swamps, but I lived in the forest most of my life and I know what fairy rings are. They are sanctuaries to fairies and they punish mortals who intrude in them.

 No.7515

File: 1495225915998.png (207.35 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi139.png) ImgOps Google

Time for a break. See you guys soon.

 No.7516

>>7515
((laters))

 No.7517

File: 1495475956278.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google


 No.7518

File: 1495476175089.png (3.25 MB, 2495x3549, 2495:3549, Tingle.png) ImgOps Google


 No.7519

File: 1495476278178.jpg (150.33 KB, 916x950, 458:475, elvenking-1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.7520

File: 1495476435131.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

SUMMARY
=======
When we stopped last time the heroes and the wagon track reached a fairy ring and decided not to investigate further.

The track continues further north while the sun is slowly setting. It is about two hours before dark when the track arrives at a lake. Its water is of a dark brownish color, alders and buckthorn grow aplenty at its sore. A thick fog has risesn and you cannot tell how wide the lake is.

What will you do?

 No.7521

>>7520
I bet swamp monsters be around here.

 No.7522

>>7521  Why don't you swim out and see how wide it is?

 No.7523

>>7522
Putting our jest asside, I don't think any of us should touch the water. this place looks homey to some swampy muck monster of sorts.

 No.7524

File: 1495476780087.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

"That sounds pretty risky…" says Parel Notgelf as he tries to look across the lake. He can barely make out what is 30 meters ahead of him.

 No.7525

>>7524
I think it#s best if none of us touch the water.

In fact, if we're stopping for the night, I think we should check ahead for a more secure clearing.

Don't want any of us to wake up with something slivery or slimy dragging us into the water.

 No.7526

File: 1495476975761.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>7525
If you want to search for a safe spot to put up camp, roll for Intuition.

Nazom, roll Intuition +2 if you want to try as well.

 No.7527

File: 1495477006268.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7525  well you're no fun
>>7526  I will not!  harumph

 No.7528

>>7526
I'll scout a head. I don't trust this place much.
d20 = 8

 No.7529

File: 1495477187102.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7528
It takse you 1d30 = 15 minutes to find a decent spot among the many trees but it looks somewhat save and secure.

Parel is quite pleased and the track takes up camp there.

>roll Strength if you want to chop some wood
>roll Dexterity if you wan to help with cooking
>or do you want to do something else?

 No.7530

>>7529
good thing we collected dry firewood from befire!

 No.7531

File: 1495477262557.png (55.64 KB, 507x276, 169:92, batdwarf vs zombies.png) ImgOps Google

>>7529
>chops some wood!  1d20 = 2

 No.7532

>>7530
>>7531
Nevertheless, soon Nazom's rhythmic chopping can be heard as 10 more portions of fire wood are collected. That's a lot.

 No.7533

File: 1495477390293.png (64.01 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>7532
Nice going Naz.

 No.7534

File: 1495477428902.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>7533  firewood for days!

 No.7535

File: 1495477465429.png (164.13 KB, 808x988, 202:247, mac53.png) ImgOps Google

"Got any idea how we can cross that lake?" Jorhag Purrtooth asks, bringing two more tankards of ale with him.

 No.7536

>>7535
We have to cross that lake back there?

Can't we go around it? Or is there any bridges?

 No.7537

File: 1495477604975.png (211.67 KB, 1600x1432, 200:179, mac52.png) ImgOps Google

>>7536
"Well, I don't see any bridge across it. Wouldn't make sense to have one at the back of beyond in the first place. I mean there's not even a way."

He hands Nazom and Vitis the tankards.

"I wonder if we can go around it."

 No.7538

>>7537
Hm… how many tankards do you have?

 No.7539

File: 1495477746228.png (342.43 KB, 499x701, 499:701, mac39.png) ImgOps Google

>>7538
"Um…. I guess… ten or so?"

 No.7540

>>7539
Hm… if they were all empty, they would be prety boyant. Though dunno if 10 is enough to make at least one wagon float across the lake.

 No.7541

File: 1495477949699.jpg (28.24 KB, 467x350, 467:350, dwarf_by_art_anon-d51gpjf.….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7539
>>7540
I could help with that!

 No.7542

File: 1495477978453.jpg (10.3 KB, 200x193, 200:193, mac21.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7540
He checks the small beer tankard and the huge wagons standing next to them… then he looks at Vitis. "Sir, you're an elf so I know you do not know about mathematics or mechanics… but the ten tankards - if they float at all which I doubt - cannot even lift a tiny box."

 No.7543

>>7541
Heh, I'm sure you can.

But I want to know if we really do have to cross that lake, or if there is any alternatives. I don't want to risk all caravans across a lake which, chances are, has some swamp-monster waiting in there to pick us off.

>>7542
If the tankards were empty and held together, then at least they could serve as a raft, perhaps strong enough to carry me and Naz across.

 No.7544

File: 1495478158570.jpg (16.04 KB, 340x270, 34:27, beer tankard.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7543
Ten of these can barely make your boots float.

 No.7545

File: 1495478229940.png (174.01 KB, 900x877, 900:877, mac41.png) ImgOps Google

"But joking with tankards aside, a raft doesn't sound like a bad idea."

 No.7546

>>7544
Oh, I… got confused with barrels…

How many barrels do you have?

 No.7547

File: 1495478292221.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

so yeah, we should find a way around

 No.7548

File: 1495478301388.png (147.26 KB, 1024x1233, 1024:1233, mac50.png) ImgOps Google

>>7546
"Well.. only two. And one's almost empty."

>>7541
"And the other one can be emptied quickly!"

 No.7549

>>7548
Hm, two barrels for boyancy and some wood to form a raft…

Wait, why would we need a raft? We should just avoid it entirely?

It's a lake, not an ocean, it's possible to go around it isn't it?

 No.7550

File: 1495478375878.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7547
"It'll still be an hour before sunset." says Parel Notgelf. "You could still check if there is a way around for our wagons."

 No.7551

>>7550
>>7547
One perhaps should defend the caravans, another should scout.

I can scout about for a safer route. If you want you can have a look about when I come back.

 No.7552

File: 1495478567166.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7548  I can certainly help with that too!
>>7549  elves are a little slow, aren't they?
>>7551  that works

 No.7553

File: 1495478684260.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7551
"Well, that sounds acceptable to me. We'll cook supper in the meantime and prepare for the night." says Parel.

 No.7554

File: 1495478720202.png (174.01 KB, 900x877, 900:877, mac41.png) ImgOps Google

>>7552
Jorhag brings the second barrel.

 No.7555

>roll Dexterity
>roll Intuition
>roll Dexterity

In that order!

 No.7556

>>7552
I didn't hear your backup ideas.

I'll go see if I can find a way around the swamp that is safer for the caravans.

d20 = 10
d20 = 15
d20 = 16

 No.7557

File: 1495478778028.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7554  :D
>>7555  D:
1d20 = 16
1d20 = 4
1d20 = 20

 No.7558

>>7557
>roll Strength x2!

 No.7559

>>7558  1d20 = 11 1d20 = 13!

 No.7560

File: 1495479096832.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7556
You try to find a way around the eastern sore of the lake.

You carefully navigate around some small pools of muddy water and peer into the distance. Search as you may, you find no possible way for the wagons. It might be possible to go this way on foot but the the wagons are too broad and too heavy.

On the way back you suddenly slip!

>roll Dexterity +2

>>7557
The fourth tankard was one too many as you feel tipsy! And there is only one left now, then the barrel is empty.

 No.7561

>>7560
ACK!
d20 + 2 = 15

 No.7562

File: 1495479318800.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7561
Oh no! You step onto soft ground as you try to regain your footing and twist your ankle a little!

You receive 1d3 = 1 damage!

 No.7563

File: 1495479335990.jpg (80.19 KB, 709x625, 709:625, Dwarf_35541c_5698177.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7560  don't…  worry *hic* I can handle it!

 No.7564

File: 1495479404056.jpg (8.18 KB, 245x276, 245:276, mac47.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7563
"If you say so… here's the last one!" Jorhag fills the tankard one final time.

>roll Strength +3

 No.7565


 No.7566

>>7565
Then you return to the camp.

 No.7567

>>7566
I'm back.

>>7563
I couldn't find anything but a sprained ankle.

>Sits down.

 No.7568

File: 1495479606491.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7567
"I hope you're not too badly hurt. We can check the other direction tomorrow morning. If we do not find a way around we might have to try a raft after all."

 No.7569

>>7564  1d20 + 3 = 19!

 No.7570

File: 1495479698573.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7567  Where did you find that?  *hic*

 No.7571

>>7568
Alright, though hopefully it won't resort to the radt.

Just a hunch something big and ugly lurking down there.

 No.7572

File: 1495479771371.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7569
>>7570
The same place where you found your drunkedness! =P

You fall asleep instantly, tankard still in hand!

 No.7573

>>7570
From all the asskickin' I do.

>>7572
Pfft typical.

 No.7574

File: 1495479881679.jpg (28.24 KB, 467x350, 467:350, dwarf_by_art_anon-d51gpjf.….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7572  but!
>snores
>>7573
>snores appropriately

 No.7575

File: 1495479972893.jpg (111.33 KB, 517x342, 517:342, twi195.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Seeing one of the guards being asleep from too much beer already, Parel Notgelf decides that some of the track have to take over the guards-duty!

"Trallop George will hear about this!" he grumbles.

XXXXXXXXXX

The next morning comes and luckily no monsters crept out of the brown water.

Vitis: you recover 1d6 Health and 1d6 Magic
Nazom: you wake up with a bad head ache and lose 1 Health

 No.7576

>>7574
I guess I'll be taking watch.

>Sits down and looks over to the lake.

 No.7577

>>7575
Honestly, I don't think he would be shocked at all.

d6 = 5HP
d6 = 2MP

 No.7578

File: 1495480072660.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7575  all in a day's work!

 No.7579

File: 1495480189642.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

What is your next move?

 No.7580

>>7579
>drinks some coffee

 No.7581

>>7579
Explore the west side. East side is passable of foot, though uneven and not suitable for caravans.

Hopefully West side is more passable and won't put the caravans too close to the lake.

 No.7582

File: 1495480311932.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>7580
Alas, it's not been invented yet. Some water will have to do.

 No.7583

>>7581
>roll Dexterity
>roll Intuition +1
>roll Dexterity

 No.7584

>>7583
d20 = 18
d20 + 1 = 17
d20 = 8

(Can't help but imagine coffee being an elf invention in this world. Dwarves make a drink to knock you down, elves make a drink to wake you up.)

 No.7585

>>7582
>drinks some water

 No.7586

File: 1495480599679.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7584
(It's actually from a southern continent that has not been discovered yet. No elves there I'm afraid.)

You lose your way pretty quickly in the morning fog  and though you manage to make it to the west of the lake at last you do not manage to find a possible way here either.

 No.7587

>>7586
Well.. damn.

>Tries to find any other ways available, like a sturdy bridge of a boatman or any available options.

 No.7588

>>7586
>>7587
time for you to go for a swim!

 No.7589

>>7587
You are in the middle of a dangerous bog. No bridge is here and no boatmen are in sight.

But with Intuition -2…

 No.7590

>>7589
d20 - 2 = 7

 No.7591

File: 1495480923199.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7590
You hear voice across the lake in a good distance. Too far away to make out any words but you also hear the sound of wood being chopped.

 No.7592

>>7591
>Investigate the source of the wood choppy.

 No.7593

>>7592
It's across the lake. You'd have to find a way around or across first.

Of course, finding a way around for a single man is easier.

Roll Intuition -3.

 No.7594

File: 1495481104884.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

Nazom, what will you do while Vitis is away?

 No.7595

>>7593
I want to see who it is without drawing attention.
d20 - 3 = 1

 No.7596

File: 1495481188394.jpg (137 KB, 800x1071, 800:1071, hammer_dwarf_by_wulfgarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7594  I'll guard the caravan

 No.7597

>>7595
You find a way around the eastern side of the swamp and as the sun rises you realize the lake is about 3 km wide as you catch a glimpse of the other sore.

Walking around takes you 1d6 = 3 hours and you get hungry on the way. But the sound of men working comes closer and closer.

 No.7598

File: 1495481441482.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7596
With Vitis gone Parel Notgelf asks Nazom and Jorhag (who seems to be an expert tinkerer) whether they want to help building a raft. The people would dare the way across the lake.

 No.7599

>>7597
I can put up with some tummy rumbles.
>I try to take a look at these men without getting noticed.

 No.7600

>>7599
>roll for Dexterity -2

 No.7601

>>7600
d20 - 2 = 11

 No.7602

File: 1495481521954.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7598  why of course!  1d20 = 17

 No.7603

File: 1495481743087.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7601
It takes you another 15 minutes but you manage to sneak closer and hide behidn a bush.

You see a group of about 20 men, half of them workers, half of them soldiers, who are busy repairing a part of the destroyed log causeway. They are chopping and sawing wood and use heavy hammers to sink large logs into the swamp. There are also several swamps and some animals to carry tools and other items.

They have not noticed you yet.

 No.7604

File: 1495481832255.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7602
Due to Jorhag's help and the many tools he has in his wagon it should be rather simple to make one big raft. There's even two empty beer barrels now too.

You have to gather 50 points to build a raft. Each roll takes 10 minutes.

Roll Strength -2 six times!

 No.7605

File: 1495481964465.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>7604  1d20 - 2 = 6 1d20 - 2 = 4 1d20 - 2 = 9 1d20 - 2 = 5 1d20 - 2 = 9 1d20 - 2 = 16!

 No.7606

File: 1495482035378.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7605
You gathered 23 points within an hour! Not bad at all.

Roll six more times!

 No.7607

>>7603
>I try to recognise their uniforms or banners, just in case these guys are bad news.

d20 - 5 = -4

 No.7608

File: 1495482121154.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7606  1d20 - 2 = 2 1d20 - 2 = 5 1d20 - 2 = 5 1d20 - 2 = 15 1d20 - 2 = 3 1d20 - 2 = 18

 No.7609

File: 1495482143235.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7607
Oh, a natural one. Very good.

You see the banners of the town of Trallop where you started your journey. They are prince's men.

 No.7610

>>7609
>Recognise flags from Trallops.
These must be good guys.

>Leaves the bush.
ahem, Hello there! Hello, I mean no harm.
>Keeps his sword sheath and waves arm to be friendly. Don't want to give them soldiers the wrong idea.

 No.7611

File: 1495482236860.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>7608
After only two hours you have finished your raft! It's big enough for one wagon (of which there are five).

The men rejoice and cheer!

 No.7612

File: 1495482396505.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7610
Some of the guards turn around to face you. They carry swords, some of them bows. They are surprised at first and then become wary as they realize you are an elf - and many bad rumours are heard about elves in these parts. They steal animals from farms and seduce young maidens… or so it is said. And they can use magic too!

"Halt… who are you stranger?" one of the guards shouts over while the workers continue their hard and long task.

 No.7613

File: 1495482481894.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>7611  we should try without a wagon first

 No.7614

>>7612
I am Vitis Vinifera. Woah hey, Easy friend.

I'm with George Coalblazer's caravans, "Trallop George"?

 No.7615

>>7613
Do you dare to go on board?

 No.7616

File: 1495482630420.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7615  of course!
>dares

 No.7617

File: 1495482632428.png (326.44 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, guard26.png) ImgOps Google

>>7614
"The old nitpicker? Then what you are you doing all by yourself in the swamp. You don't look like a trader or businessman."

 No.7618

>>7616
Three more men and women from the track join you on the raft. You take long sticks to move the vessel across.

>roll Strength x2

 No.7619

File: 1495482736002.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

>>7618  1d20 = 17 1d20 = 12!

 No.7620

>>7619
It takes a bit longer than expected or desired about after 1d20 + 20 = 22 minutes you have made it across the lake.

 No.7621

File: 1495482845988.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>7620  no issues?!  then back across for the wagons!

 No.7622

>>7617
I'm not. George hired me and my friend to assist in finding a more efficient trade route through the swamplands. Theres five other caravans waiting in a clearing on the other side.

Even if we could go over the lake, for all I know could be something real ugly and dangerous lurking in that water. I tried finding a way round east but no good. It's searching west I found you guys.

 No.7623

File: 1495482858093.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7620
Though the water is bubbling here and there you do not see any creaters living in the dark brownish mess of a lake at all. It appears safe.

As you have come across you see Vitis in the distance, talking. You also hear the sounds of men working.

 No.7624

File: 1495482986132.png (493.67 KB, 771x569, 771:569, guard24.png) ImgOps Google

>>7622
"Trallop George must be desperate to find a way to Thunderbrook then… it will surely take us another two months to finish the causeway. If not more. Well, you are welcome to rest here. But don't disturb our work."

 No.7625

File: 1495483026785.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>7622  yells over "hey!  we made it across!"

 No.7626

>>7624
Thank you I-

>>7622
>Noticed a raft with Naz and a few coming across the lake.
What are you guys doing!?

 No.7628

File: 1495483129272.png (1.04 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, guard30.png) ImgOps Google

>>7625
>>7626
"Seems like you were telling the truth, elf." The guards greet Nazom and the other three.

 No.7629

>>7625
>>7628
>Was suprised and angry. As usual, elf and dwarf squabbles.
Naz! What the heck! What are you doing here? Y-you took these people across the lake in that thing!?

 No.7630

File: 1495483208554.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>7628  We've got 5 wagons over on the other side that we need to get across.  The lake seems safe.

 No.7631

File: 1495483323959.gif (2.26 MB, 395x290, 79:58, bg14.gif) ImgOps Google

>>7629
"Steering the raft was the biggest problem" the other three say. "But the lake was calm and nothing dangerous seems to live in it."

 No.7632

>>7630
>>7631
Good to know, be real awkward if you lot got drawn down by some tentacle monster in one go. Did any of you thought of what to do if it turns out it wern't safe?

Who's defending the caravan?

 No.7633

File: 1495483521383.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7632
"Parel, that dwarf Jorhag and the rest of us are still over there."

Soon enough the raft moves across again and one after another the wagons are brought across the lake. Noon passes and finally after 1d6 + 2 = 4 hours all the wagons have reached the other side.

The guards and workers are taking a break and have prepared food, inviting everyone to join them.

 No.7634

File: 1495483534776.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7632  your head must hurt from thinking too much!

 No.7635

Alright, time to stop. Thanks for joining again!

 No.7636

>The dwarf and elf continues to argue, Vitis calling Naz wreckless and irresonsible. Probably ending with Naz giving no f-s and Vitis going to sulk again.

>>7635
Yep, check point.

 No.7637

File: 1496431852521.jpg (131.3 KB, 733x767, 733:767, twi256.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.7638

File: 1497975431163.png (1.28 MB, 1122x860, 561:430, Crit's solution by Critica….png) ImgOps Google

Hey Critical Hit, are you around?
Do you perchance still brose /rp/ waiting for the day for us to return to the wastelands?

 No.7859

File: 1499884200491.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

SUMMARY
=======
The heroes were accompanying a wagon track through a dangerous swamp. They last crossed a lake and reached an encampment of soldier and workers who were busy rebuilding the road through the swamp.

 No.7860

>>7859
Ah yes. I was mad at Naz over something, but I forgot.

 No.7861

>>7860
You walked around the lake cause you thought it was dangerous but Naz and some others built a raft and set over anyway. Everything was fine.

 No.7862

>>7861
I remember now, I was mad because even though it was safe, he still put innocent people in danger for making them go over risky lake in a risky boat..

 No.7863

File: 1499884384273.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

NEXT MORNING
============
You spend a safe night among the soldiers and can properly recover.

Naz has full health.

Vitis roll 1d6 for health and 1d6 for magic recovery.

 No.7864

Health 1d6 = 5
Magic 1d6 = 4

 No.7865

>>7864
Nice one. Vitis has full health again too and 28/30 magic.

 No.7866

File: 1499884590030.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7862  no faith in dwarven construction…  harrumph
>>7863  refreshing!

 No.7867

File: 1499884645041.png (519.23 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, guard21.png) ImgOps Google

The soldiers bid you all a safe journey while they stay behind and continue to guard the two dozen workers who are slowly rebuilding the flood-damage road. It will take them several more months to finish their task.

 No.7868

>>7867
Before we head off, do you know where the main roads are? For our trade route.

 No.7869

ROLL
====
Vitis and Naz, roll a Intuition (d20) -5 to find a way to continue journey.

 No.7870

>>7869
d20 = 10

 No.7871

File: 1499884780431.png (493.67 KB, 771x569, 771:569, guard24.png) ImgOps Google

>>7868
"We are rebuilding the main road actually!"

They consult each other for a moment, then give you some pointers where you might find some dry land to continue north.

 No.7872

File: 1499884816858.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7869  1d20 - 5 = 8!

 No.7873

>>7871
Thank you very much.

>>7872
We'll have this trade route of ours established soon. And with this fine bridge being built all the more secured.

 No.7874

File: 1499884976663.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7870
>>7872
Very good! You both see where the two guards were pointing you. Slowly the caravan continues to roll northwards along the few dry patches of land that are not sogged with swamp water.

 No.7875

>>7874
Epic rides at the front of the carts.

 No.7876

File: 1499885042892.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

After about two hours you see a half-sunken building looking out of the swampy water. There's a thin cloud of smoke puffing out of the old, rusty chimney.

 No.7877

>>7875
You still in the back, Naz?

 No.7878

File: 1499885101968.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>7877  aye!
>>7876  I shall go investigate!

 No.7879

>>7876
>>7878
OK, but becareful.

 No.7880

File: 1499885204482.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>7878
The wagons come to a halt. Parel Notgelf, the leader of the track bids Nazom to be careful.

>If you want to sneak closer carefully, roll Dexterity
>If you want to just walk up to it, don't

 No.7881

>Looks over at the ruins.
If someone is living out here, they're either in trouble, or well off.
Though begs the question why they're here to begin with.

 No.7882

>>7881
It's a small house built of bricks with a wooden roof. The windows are closed, no light shines through them. The weak ground has given way under the building's weight and made it sink in in a crooked way.

 No.7883

>>7880  1d20 = 10!

 No.7884

>>7882
>>7883
It might be someone who doesn't want to be disturbed.

 No.7885

File: 1499885453656.jpg (217.41 KB, 707x1000, 707:1000, dwarf__s_liquor_makes_me_l….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7884  nonsense!

 No.7886

File: 1499885513208.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>7883
Even though your armor is heavy and hinders you while walking you manage to carefully approach the building without being seen.

From inside sounds of muttering of male, raspy old voice and the clinking of wood on metal can be heard.

The door of the hut is closed.

 No.7887

>>7886
>Vitis shook his head.
I think we should leave.

 No.7888

File: 1499885635928.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>7886
>looks for a crack or hole to peek through

 No.7889

File: 1499885777033.png (182.2 KB, 391x438, 391:438, gran8.png) ImgOps Google

>>7888
There were plenty of cracks to look through and it was relatively light inside as the roof had many holes.

Nazom could see an old man, probably 70 years old, with long, greyish hair standing at a rusty old oven, cooking some kind of soup while muttering to himself.

The furniture he could see looked similarly old and worn.

 No.7890

>Vitis waits back at the caravans.
He better not be agroing a mob or something.

 No.7891

File: 1499885983533.jpg (137 KB, 800x1071, 800:1071, hammer_dwarf_by_wulfgarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7889
>knocks on the door

 No.7892

File: 1499886053603.png (377.91 KB, 700x687, 700:687, gran14.png) ImgOps Google

>>7891
"Huh? What? What's that? Who is there? Visitors?"

The old many slowly walks towards the door and opens it, smiling as he sees that it is a dwarf and not probably an orc.

"Oh! Welcome, come in, come in. Soup's on."

 No.7893

File: 1499886290796.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7892  Thank you sir, but I'm with a caravan and we were just mapping a safe route through the swamp.  Is this area safe?

 No.7894

File: 1499886408810.png (192.76 KB, 852x937, 852:937, gran11.png) ImgOps Google

>>7893
"Oh? Don't want to stay? What a shame, I so rarely get visitors…."

He thinks for a few moments and looks out of the door, seeing the caraven, waving at them.

"The land here is dangerous and you got big carts… I think it is safe for a few more miles to the north but then you should head east again. A day from here or so there's a nice patch of grass where herbs can be found. I go there once in a while. Not as much as I used to of course…"

 No.7895

File: 1499886496693.png (66.08 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is awesome.png) ImgOps Google

>>7894
>Approaches
Thanks for your help, me and my friend will be moving on now.

 No.7896

File: 1499886616603.png (125.02 KB, 300x300, 1:1, gran7.png) ImgOps Google

>>7895
"Very well, good luck to you."

He shakes his head while returning inside, leaving the door open…

"My my, traveling through the swamp… kids these days…"

 No.7897

File: 1499886674142.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>7894
>>7896
thanks for the advice!  take care

 No.7898

>>7897
>As they leave, sighs of relief.
Perhaps he wasn't so bad. Was concerned turned out to be an orc or something.

 No.7899

File: 1499886850926.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>7898  maybe you're a secret orc.  would explain a lot…

 No.7900

File: 1499886869966.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

The track rolls on northwards bound and after a few miles turns east, heading in that direction till the night comes.

Who will stand guard?

 No.7901

File: 1499886970598.png (30.91 KB, 195x181, 195:181, at_your_service.png) ImgOps Google

>>7900  I will!

 No.7902

>>7899
We're in the middle of a swamp and we know orcs are around somewhere. I just don't want to chance it, especially given we haven't encountered anything bad yet. Besides we can't get too side-tracked.

>>7900
I'll stand watch.

 No.7903

File: 1499887162637.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7902
Everyone has gone to bed except for you and a few other voluntaries who take a shift of the night watch as well, among them Parel Notgelf and the invetor dwarf Jorhag Albraxus Purrtooth.

He was kind enough to leave a barrel with ale for you, including his "Drafty" that kept it foamy and good.

>roll for Intuition both of you!

 No.7904

>>7903  1d20 = 17!

 No.7905

>>7903
d20 = 3

 No.7906

File: 1499887277894.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>7904
Nazom is blind and deaf to his surroundings! Maybe it is the heavy helmet he wears all the time.

>>7905
Vitis notices that the track has set up camp at the nice spot the old hermit mentioned. It is a fine spot to find herbs and other plants.

 No.7907

>>7906
With keen elven wisdom, starts picking herbs he knows are good.
d20 = 16

 No.7908

File: 1499887515202.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7907
That was a pretty bad roll and unfortunately Vitis ends up stepping one more herbs than he actually manages to forage.

 No.7909

>>7908
>Accidnetally trips due to loose mud and stumples the herbs.
Dammit.
>Tries to pick whats salvagable, if any.

 No.7910

>>7909
Roll a d6.

 No.7911

>>7910
d6 = 5

 No.7912

File: 1499887682788.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7906
>tramples some herbs
stupid grass…

 No.7913

File: 1499887801621.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>7911
You manage to find 5 Tarnelas, reddish flowers that help a little against quite a few illnesses.

>roll Intelligence to know how to process them


>>7912
>Naz, roll Intuition -3

 No.7914

>>7913  1d20 - 3 = 2~

 No.7915

>>7912
It ain't just grass, these are Tamelas…

>>7913
d20 = 5

 No.7916

File: 1499887915802.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7915  tamales?  doesn't look like any tamale I've ever seen…

 No.7917

File: 1499887934617.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>7914
You hear the sounds of feet not too far in the distance and voices that you realize speak in orcish tongue!

 No.7918

>>7916
No-no "Tam-el-las". They can be used for curing some ailments.

 No.7919

File: 1499888006189.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>7915
You return to camp and get some ointment fat from Purrtooth who is a pretty decent alchemist himself. He asks for a Tarnela in return but you manage to make ointment out of them. Enough for one dose. And will help with regeneration or can be used in case one of you gets sick.

 No.7920

File: 1499888021015.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google

>>7915
>quietly tells the people around him
orcs coming!  everyone get ready

 No.7921

>>7920
>Vitis ears perked as he hears Naz and the approaching danger.
EVERYONE, HOLD THE LINE!

 No.7922

>>7920
They wake up, trembling some of them grab their weapons, others decided to hide in their wagons.

>>7921
Suddenly Nazom realizes the orcs are stopping… they might have missed the wagons altogether but there was a definite, loud sound there just now! And orcs hate elves in particular.

Orcs roll Intuition:
>1d20
>1d20
>1d20

 No.7923

1d20 = 4
1d20 = 9
1d20 = 8

 No.7924

File: 1499888250781.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>>7923
The orcs are sure it was not just an animal shouting there, it was an elf!

Screaming angrily they come running through the muddy water, sinking into it now and then  - what is worse, they can see well in the dark!

 No.7925

>>7922
Prepare yourselves and be quiet, only when I give the word…
>Quickly gets left-over foliage to cover the most visable caravans.

 No.7926

File: 1499888503561.jpg (193.34 KB, 513x632, 513:632, Garzlokh.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

We'll do combat next time!

Thanks for joining today.

 No.9011

>>7926
Can I have a reminder of the story so far?

 No.9012

SUMMARY
=======
The heroes were accompanying a wagon track through the treacherous Mistmoor. They made good progress so far, evading several obstacles.

When they camped one night, they discovered a group of orcs and unfortunately brought their attention to them. The orcs charge to attack!

 No.9013

>>9012
(Oh yeah. I tried hiding the caravans but failed…  Ithink I accidnetally alerted the orcs to begin with.)

 No.9014

File: 1502895618686.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>9013
Yeah, you were kind of loud.

Two orcs are charging towards you and Naz, three more are attacking the wagons with the drivers ready to defend them.

A large orc wearing several bronze ornaments and a large club carved out of a big animal bone stays in the back. Apparently a shaman.

 No.9015

File: 1502897162184.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>9014  what's in my inventory?

 No.9016

>>9015
- hammer
- 5 different chisels
- ceramic goblet
- rope (9.8 meters)
- rain-roof (umbrella, very heavy)

You also have your sword, cuirass, sallet and shield.

 No.9017

File: 1502897370759.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>9016
>throws the hammer at one of the charging orcs!

 No.9018

>Arms his Double-Khunchomer sword for a fight.

 No.9019

>>9017
Roll for Dexterity!

 No.9020

File: 1502897463250.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>9019
1d20 = 8

 No.9021

>>9020
The hammer finds its aim!

The orc tries to evaide: 1d20 = 12

>>9018
You attack! 1d20 = 9 1d6 + 4 = 8

The orcs wear rusty curved blades. 1d20 = 20 1d6 + 5 = 11

 No.9022

>>9021
The orc groans as he gets hit by the hammer! 1d6 + 1 = 2

Vitis lands a strong hit, the orc cannot evade. Both orcs attack themselves!

Orc 1: 1d20 = 20 1d6 + 5 = 9   Nazom: 1d20 = 12
Orc 2: 1d20 = 17 1d6 + 5 = 7   Vitis: 1d20 = 8

 No.9023

File: 1502897723648.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

Both orc fails their attacks!

What will you do?

 No.9024

>>9023
>Take another swipe at 'em!

 No.9025

File: 1502897824369.png (76.78 KB, 500x375, 4:3, tumblr_mnsve5WkIj1snsprdo1….png) ImgOps Google

>>9023
>attacks with the sword

 No.9026

>>9024
The battle rages on around you, the wagon drivers defending with their whips and clubs while the orcs try to board one of the wagons and loot it.

Nazom: 1d20 = 2 1d6 + 4 = 5   Orc 1: 1d20 = 9  
Vitis: 1d20 = 12 1d6 + 6 = 11   Orc 2: 1d20 = 9

Counter attack:

Orc 1: 1d20 = 10 1d6 + 5 = 11   Nazom: 1d20 = 9
Orc 2: 1d20 = 6 1d6 + 5 = 11   Vitis: 1d20 = 12

 No.9027

>>9026
>Tries to stop the looter.

 No.9028

File: 1502898055809.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>9027
Vitis and his orc opponent trade terrible blows. The orc has a deep cut wound but Vitis was badly hit as well! Vitis is down to 22 HP!

Nazom slowly whittles away at his orc.

>>9027
As you look over there you see the drives have the advantage in numbers. You won't be able to even get through to the orcs properly  - plus you risk getting hit in the back if you try to turn your back to your opponent.

 No.9029

File: 1502898068559.gif (9.84 KB, 320x128, 5:2, dwarfattack.gif) ImgOps Google

>>9026
>attacks the other orc

 No.9030

Nazom: 1d20 = 4 1d6 + 4 = 6  
Vitis: 1d20 = 14 1d6 + 6 = 8   Orc 2: 1d20 = 10

Counter attack:

Orc 1: 1d20 = 18 1d6 + 5 = 7   Nazom: 1d20 = 16
Orc 2: 1d20 = 13 1d6 + 5 = 11   Vitis: 1d20 = 4

 No.9031

>>9028
>Epic quickly casts a spell towards the orc looting at the caravan.
FULMINICTUS!
>Does 15 MPs worth of damage. He hopes that due to the chaos of the fight, the looting orc will be warey to loot from an unseen force.

 No.9032

File: 1502898476154.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>9029
>>9030
>>9031
The orcs and Nazom fails to do any damage to each other.

Vitis though is more successful, with a whimper one of the orcs is badly hit by the spell and fallen orc is overwhelmed by the drivers.

The orc shaman growls angrily, shaking his heavy club he approaches, apparently casting a spell to make the orcs stronger!

 No.9033

File: 1502898641429.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>9032
>throws his rope at the orc and attacks again

 No.9034

>>9032
>Vitis was aware of this and quickly cast 5 points of FULMINICTUS again at the shaman in order to mess up his encantations. He quickly turned his blade to the shaman orc in order to prevent him buffing the others.

 No.9035

Nazom: 1d20 = 12 1d6 + 4 = 6   Orc 1: 1d20 = 5
      1d20 = 2 Rope-throw 1d6 + 1 = 5
Vitis: 1d20 = 16 1d6 + 6 = 7   Shaman: 1d20 + 5 = 14 to keep focusing

Counter attack:

Orc 1: 1d20 = 19 1d6 + 5 = 9   Nazom: no defense
Orc 2: 1d20 = 5 1d6 + 5 = 6   Vitis: no defense

 No.9036

>>9035
Vitis prevents the shaman from casting but gets a bad hit from the other orc.

Nazom hits with the rope, making the orc tumble about, allowing him to hit him.

 No.9037

>>9036
Nazom = full health (44)
Vitis = 19 (out of 30) health; 8 (out of 30) magic

 No.9038

File: 1502899020722.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>9036
>hits the orc again

 No.9039

Nazom: 1d20 = 11 1d6 + 4 = 9   Orc 1: 1d20 = 16
Vitis: 1d20 = 11 1d6 + 6 = 8   Orc 2: 1d20 = 4

Counter attack:

Orc 1: 1d20 = 7 1d6 + 5 = 7   Nazom: 1d20 = 14
Orc 2: 1d20 = 1 1d6 + 5 = 6   Vitis: 1d20 = 15
Shaman: 1d20 = 3 1d6 + 3 = 9 against Vitis (can't defend)

 No.9040

>>9037
>Vitis keeps on attacking.

 No.9041

>>9039
The orcs land heavy blows on Vitis who is on his last legs.

Nazom lands a bad blow against one of his attackers. The orc returns the favor but Nazom's armor is too thick to penetrate.

At the wagons victory is near for the defenders.  One of the orcs flees, the last one keeps up the fight.

Orc 1: 1d20 = 6
Orc 2: 1d20 = 6

 No.9042

File: 1502899291190.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>>9041
The two orcs with the shaman keep up the fight! They want Vitis' ears as trophies!

 No.9043

>>9042
>Epic was getting desperate.
>Uses whats left of his MP to cast BANNBALADIN at the shaman orc.

 No.9044

File: 1502899469466.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>9042
>attacks again

 No.9045

>>9043
Nazom: 1d20 = 6 1d6 + 4 = 8    Orc 1: 1d20 = 2
Vitis: Bannbaladin 4d6 = 13 Shaman: 3d6 + 10 = 20

Counter attack:

Orc 1: 1d20 + 5 = 12 1d6 + 10 = 15   Nazom: 1d20 = 5
Orc 2: 1d20 = 18 1d6 + 5 = 7   Vitis: 1d20 = 15
Shaman: 1d20 = 4 1d6 + 3 = 5  Vitis: cannot defend

 No.9046

>>9045
The magic fails!

Orc 1: 1d20 = 17
Orc 2: 1d20 = 12

 No.9047

File: 1502899703693.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>9046
After the long, exhausting fight, two more of the orcs flee!

Only the shaman and a badly wounded flunky remain!

 No.9048

Nazom: 1d20 = 2 1d6 + 4 = 9   Orc 2: 1d20 = 1
Vitis: 1d20 = 11 1d6 + 6 = 7   Shaman: 1d20 = 1

Counter attack:

Orc 2: 1d20 + 5 = 18 1d6 + 10 = 16   Nazom: 1d20 = 3
Shaman: 1d20 = 4 1d6 + 3 = 9   Vitis: 1d20 = 4

 No.9049

File: 1502899865988.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>9048
The heroes and orcs trade blows, unable to do damage.

At last, the other members of the track approach, hurt themselves but outnumbering the remaining two orcs five times. Seeing that there is nothing to win the last orcs finally retreat as well amongst the curses of the shaman.

 No.9050

File: 1502899909385.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

Result: 5 orcs fled, 1 dead

Vitis: 8/30 health, 0/30 magic
Nazom: full health

 No.9051

File: 1502899964389.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>9050  well that went better than I expected
>grabs his rope and hammer
>searches the dead orc
you don't look so good, Vitis

 No.9052

>>9050
>Epic had to have a rest as he was bleeding a bit. Quite astonished Nazom got out of it well.

 No.9053

>>9051
The orc carries a rusty but usuable scimitar, 1d20 = 20 copper coins and a small flask with a smell potion inside.

 No.9054

Vitis drinks his potion 3d6 + 6 = 17 magic recovery and uses one of his bandages 1d6 - 1 = 3 health recovery.

 No.9055

>>9054
>Vitis has been carrying this small vial of clear water, he knew it wa sa potion but can't remember why he was carrying it toher than it will help him. So he downs it.

>He also gets one of his bandages out and tries to put himself back together.

 No.9056

File: 1502901008131.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>9055
The other participants of the track bandages themselves as well and thank you for your assistance and keeping the shaman off their backs.

 No.9057

>>9056
It's alright. I did what I could.

 No.9058

File: 1502901299849.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>9057
After the exhausting and exciting journey everyone is more than happy to lie down and rest while some take turns in staying up and keeping watch. Luckily the orcs do not return and a new day starts.

Vitis recovers 1d6 = 1 health and 1d6 = 5 magic.

 No.9059

>>9058
>Vitis takes a breather.
Hopefully that was the worse of it and be easier here on in.

>Calls out to the caravan
Anyone hurt? Any losses?

 No.9060

File: 1502901499661.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>9059
The others shake their heads, some have minor bruises and cuts but none were severely injured. Luckily they had the advantage in numbers and the orcs were careless and too eager to loot.

 No.9061

>>9060
Was anything stolen?

 No.9062

File: 1502901736876.jpg (111.33 KB, 517x342, 517:342, twi195.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>9061
Parel Notgelf, the track's leader comes with a scroll - the loading papers. "Only a crate with hard liquor. No major loss. Hopefully they'll drink themselves to death."

 No.9063

>>9062
>Looks over to Naz and imagining him going on a one-dwarf campaign into orc camp for a single crate of booze.
Don't tell Naz.

 No.9064

>>9063
He laughs and nods. "Not a word. Anyway, we are ready to proceed!"

 No.9065

>>9064
I don't really want to proceed unless Naz is ready.

I know we intended to finish it but be unfair to go on without him.


[]
[Return] [Go to top]
[ home ] [ pony / rp / canterlot ] [ arch ]