[ home ] [ pony / rp / canterlot ] [ arch ]

/rp/ - Roleplay

Cutie Mark Crusader Clubhouse
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

[Return][Go to bottom]

 No.3943[Last 50 Posts]

File: 1473887541368.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

The world of Aventuria beckons and there is always work for heroes to go on (more or less) epic adventures! Aventuria is a medieval-stylish fantasy world where lots of exciting fun is to be had!

Quickly roll up a hero and the fun may begin.

Your heroes have five possible stats:
————————————-
Courage
Intelligence
Charisma
Dexterity
Strength

Roll a d6 and add 7 for each of the stats (giving each stat a value of between 8 and 13)!

You can roll up your stats here or just use a d6 at home! But don’t return with every stat being a 13, you cheater!


THOSE CRAZY GERMANS:
——————–
The Dark Eye is a German system so everything is naturally upside down, meaning a stat of 20 is totally awesome and a 1 is total shite! When rolling checks it’s the opposite! A 1 is amazing (critical success) and a 20 blows (critical failure)! So it’s the exact opposite of DnD. Easy, right?

HEALTH:
——-
You start with 30 hit points, don’t lose them all! When you reach 0 you fall unconscious and will died within a few minutes unless someone helps you. If you reach -5 you’re totally dead.

MAGIC:
——
Maybe later if enough people play!

MONEYS!
——-
Quickly roll a d6 and takes that times 60. That’s the amount of silver pieces you get (i. e. 60 – 120) for starters! You can buy stuff with it! The currency is: 1 Gold Piece = 10 Silver Pieces = 100 Copper Pieces.

NAME, RACE, CLASS etc.
———————-
Make up a nice name. And your character should have a sex too! Everyone’s either a Human or a Dwarf! No classes yet, everyone’s just a plain “adventurer”.

CHECKS:
——-
If you got a Courage of e.g. 13 and I demand a stat check (without modifications) for it you roll a d20. If you roll not higher than your 13 you succeed! If you are above you fail, you coward!

FIGHTING!
———
Every new hero starts with an Attack (AT) of 10 and a Defense (DEF) of 8! Fighting happens with a d20. You must not roll higher than your AT or DEF stat or you’ll miss! In ever combat round you may attack once and defend once.
Now quickly, buy some items!

INITIATIVE:
———–
The guys with the highest Courage go first!

HOW TO DEAL DAMAGE:
——————-
If you hit and your opponent cannot defend you roll your damage, e.g. with a sword you roll a d6 and add 4. Let’s say you rolled 4, thus make 4+4 = 8 damage. From that damage the opponent deducts his Armor Class, e.g. 3 if he wears Leather Armor. He receives 8-3 = 5 damage which he deducts from his 30 Hit Points.  

WEAPONS:
——–
Chose any one you want!

Two-handed Sword: 1d6+6 damage, Attack malus of -3, Defense malus of -4; costs 160 silver pieces
Bastard Sword (2-handed): 1d6+5 damage; Attack malus of -2, Defense malus of -3; costs 100 silver pieces
Sword: 1d6+4 Damage; costs 80 silver pieces
Saber: 1d6+3 Damage; costs 60 silver pieces
Short Sword: 1d6+2 Damage; costs 40 silver pieces
Dagger: 1d6+1 Damage; Defense malus of -4; costs 20 silver pieces

ARMOR:
——
Chose any one you want!

Chain mail: 4 Armor Class; Dexterity malus of -1; costs 200 silver pieces
Leather armor: 3 Armor Class; costs 80 silver pieces
Padded vest: 2 Armor Class; costs 40 silver pieces
Normal clothes: 1 Armor class; costs 20 silver pieces
Leather helmet: 1 Armor Class; costs 30 silver pieces
Shield: 1 Armor Class; costs 25 silver pieces (not usable with 2-handed weapons)


MORE STUFF TO BUY:
——————
You can buy other stuff too, like rope, torches… just ask for it and I'll tell you the price.


I hope some of you will find it intriguing enough to try it out! =P

 No.3944

File: 1473897000003.png (26.41 KB, 540x389, 540:389, hugs.png) ImgOps Google

But how many THALERS does it cost?

 No.3945

File: 1473915928075.png (13.07 KB, 500x500, 1:1, dash192.png) ImgOps Google

>>3944
You need to be more specific!

 No.3946

File: 1473938361963.gif (8.12 KB, 183x319, 183:319, Katia0493.gif) ImgOps Google

>>3945
You used silver and gold instead of Thalers and Ducats!

 No.3947

File: 1473943387301.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3946
Didn't want to get overwhelming with TDE-specific terms. But you're right of course.

 No.3948

File: 1473957319970.png (391.49 KB, 643x717, 643:717, 1468898265411.png) ImgOps Google

Let's see if this works…

Courage: 1d6 + 7 = 11
Intelligence: 1d6 + 7 = 12
Charisma: 1d6 + 7 = 10
Dexterity: 1d6 + 7 = 12
Strength: 1d6 + 7 = 9

Money: 1d6 = 1X60

Attack: 10
Defense: 8

name, race, class, weapons, armor: tbd

 No.3949

File: 1473959256599.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Name: Nåzom Ishëmvîr
Sex: Male
Race: Dwarf
Class: Adventurer

Courage:  11     Intelligence: 12
Charisma: 10     Dexterity: 12
Strength: 9

Attack: 10       Defense: 8

Money: 60

Weapon: fists
Armor: none

>Defense malus of -4
What does this mean exactly?

I want to buy some rope.  and a chisel and hammer.  and a ceramic goblet.

 No.3950

File: 1473961542483.png (315.69 KB, 731x765, 43:45, zec9.png) ImgOps Google

>>3949
Hi there!

The 'Defense malus of -4' means that your Defense stat gets reduced by 4. So using a Dagger would mean you only got Defense 4.

XXX

The timid looking sales clerk nods as you tell him the list of items you wish to purchase. He smiles and scribbles down several figures on a piece of parchment before he finally places a piece of rope (10 meters long), a chisel, hammer and ceramic goblet on the desk.

"That would be 16 silver pieces, my good dwearf!"

>Do you accept or want to try for a cheaper price? Roll a Charisma check +2 (meaning you roll a d20 and add +2 -> if you are not higher than your Charisma 10 you succeed).

 No.3951

File: 1473961865448.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

By the way:

Fists: 1d6 Damage; free

NOTE: If you Attack with your Fists and the opponent defends successfully with a weapon you'll get half that weapons damage. If you successfully defend a weapon with your bare fists you'll still get half the weapon damage.

 No.3952

I would like to play as an elf ranger. I like elves.

But elves are not optional.

 No.3953

File: 1473966023007.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3952
Alright, you can play elves.


ELVES:
——
Elves start with 25 hit points (HP) and 25 magic points (MP).

SPELLS:
——-
Name: BALSAM
Use: It transforms the caster’s MP into HP for the injured person.
How to: Place your hand on the forehead of an injured person and speak the magic word.
Costs: 1 MP per 1 HP

Name: FLIM FLAM
Use: A small light sphere appears above your head (following around as you walk), illuminating the area as a good lantern would.
How to: Say the magic words and snip your fingers.
Costs: 1 MP per 5 minutes

Name: FORAMEN
Use: Magically opens locks.
How to: Touch a lock three times with your hand while saying the magic word.
Costs: 8 MP

Name: ARMATRUTZ
Use: Creates invisible (skin-tight) armor of 4 Armor Class around you, only useful against physical attacks.
How to: Touch your breast and say the magic word.
Costs: 2 MP per battle round

Name: VISIBILI
Use: Makes your body invisible (not your clothes, armor etc.!). Can also be used on others!
How to: Say the magic word and wink.
Costs: 2 MP per 5 minutes (You can only make yourself invisible for [Character’s Level x 5 minutes] max.; 15 minutes have to pass before using the spell again)

Name: FULMINICTUS
Use: Invisible lightning bolt against (living) targets
How to: Point at the target and say the magic word.
Range: 7 meters
Costs: 1 MP per 1 Damage

Name: BANNBALADIN
Use: Makes the target think you’re his best friend. Roll [Character’s Level + 1] d6 and add your Charisma. The spell only succeeds if your result is higher than the opponent’s Monster Class (the equivalent to how dangerous he/she is) plus 3d6.
How to: Look the target in the eye and say the magic word.
Range: 5 meters
Costs: 8 MP per target
Example: An elf (level 3) wants to enchant a weak goblin (Monster Class 5). The elf rolls 4d6 (3 cause he is level 3 plus 1) and adds his Charisma. The goblin rolls 3d6 + 5 (his Monster Class). The spell works if the elf’s result is higher than the goblin’s.


HIGH STRENGTH/DEXTERITY
———————–
If you have a Dexterity of 13 you may increase your Attack OR Defense by 1 point.

If you have a Strength of 13 you do 1 additional point of damage.

RACE TRAITS:
————
- Elves: Can use magic
- Dwarves: Start with 35 HP instead of 30
- Humans: The game is set in the lands of humans so you are constantly on your home turf. Bonus enough.

 No.3954

File: 1473966492524.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>3950  "Well 1d20 + 2 = 13 says I can get this cheaper at the store down the road unless you're willing to drop the price a bit."
>>3951  noooooo!
>>3953  HP: 35

 No.3955

File: 1473966829941.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

RANGE WEAPONS:
————–
To attack with a Range Weapon you roll with your Dexterity stat. The roll gets modified (by me) based on how big the target is and how well you can see it (light, cover etc.).


Throwing Knife: 1d6+1 Damage, Range: 10 meters; Costs 20 silver pieces
Throwing Spear: 1d6+2 Damage, Range: 20 meters; Costs 15 silver pieces
Throwing Axe: 1d6+3 Damage, Range: 20 meters; costs 45 silver pieces
Bow: 1d6+3 Damage, Range: 40 meters; costs 5 silver pieces
Long Bow: 1d6+4 damage, Range: 60 meters; costs 50 silver pieces
Cross Bow: 1d6+5 damage, Range 60 meters; costs 125 silver pieces

Each arrow costs 2 silver pieces.
Each crossbow bolt costs 4 silver pieces.

 No.3956

File: 1473967123455.png (32.05 KB, 192x195, 64:65, zec1.png) ImgOps Google

>>3954
He shakes his head and can only chuckled at your poor skill as a tradesman. "There is no other store 'down the road', I'm the only one in this hamlet."

But then he gives you a glance, examining you more thoroughly.

"Say, I might be able to cut that fee in half, eh? There's a little something I could use a bright looking dwarf for, a little job. Nothing too difficult I dare say."

 No.3957

File: 1473967785688.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3956  I'm all ears.  and beard.  I might need a short sword, too, if ya got one.

 No.3958

Yay! I get to be elf!
—————————————
Name: Silvaner
Gender: Male
Race: Elf
Class: Adventurer / Ranger

Courage d6 + 7 = 8
Intelligence d6 + 7 = 10
Charisma d6 + 7 = 12
Dexterity d6 + 7 = 13
Strength d6 + 7 = 8

Money: [d6*60]

 No.3959

>>3958
OK, let's see how much money I have to spend. d6 = 3

 No.3960

File: 1473968179409.jpg (20.33 KB, 138x166, 69:83, zec20.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3957
"A short sword, too? Do you know how difficult they are to come by? The guilds rise hefty fees on all exported weapons.

But… very well, add that Short Sword to the lot. That'd be 36 silver pieces in total. I'll make it for 18. It's for an old friend after all…"

He grumbles that last part.

"Listen, all you have to do is help out a fellow trader. His name is Marbit Telpers, stays at the local inn on the main road. He is looking for brave folk to accompany him on the way to the capital city Gareth. Tell him I sent you. I owe him a favor and that should settle it.

Do we have a deal?"

 No.3961

File: 1473968327275.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3958
Welcome, Silvaner the Brave. Don't forget you get +1 Attack or Defense due to your high Dexterity.

 No.3963

File: 1473968704338.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>I wish you could edit posts

CORRECTION - MONEYS!
——————–
The starting money is (1d6+6)*10 Silver pieces, thus 70 - 120!

 No.3964

File: 1473969058223.jpg (276.96 KB, 738x550, 369:275, DF.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

"Well now that's quite a bargain!  That's a deal.  Here you go."
> hands over 18 pieces of silver
"I'll take one of those padded vests for 40 silver pieces, too."

 No.3965

File: 1473969132823.jpg (38.34 KB, 500x650, 10:13, Silvaner.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Name: Silvaner
Gender: Male
Race: Elf
Class: Adventurer / Ranger

A ranger who set off out in the world to expand for his own reasons.

Courage 8
Intelligence 10
Charisma 12
Dexterity 13
Strength 8

>>3963
But that gives me less to start off with than before. Now I can't afford better sword and decent clothing.

Equipment: Sword. (Can't afford clothes).
Money: 10 gold

 No.3966

File: 1473969282854.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>updated (unless you're keeping track of all this)

Name: Nåzom Ishëmvîr
Male Dwarf Adventurer Extraordinaire

Courage:  11     Intelligence: 12
Charisma: 10     Dexterity: 12
Strength: 9

Attack: 10       Defense: 8

Money: 12 silver

Weapon: Short Sword (1d6+2)
Armor: Padded Vest (2AC)

items: rope, chisel and hammer, ceramic goblet

 No.3967

File: 1473969444595.jpg (451.3 KB, 1400x1494, 700:747, Silvaner.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Clarity insist I downgrade to a short sword and buy normal clothes.

 No.3968

File: 1473969575013.jpg (19.08 KB, 258x350, 129:175, zec7.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3964
"You're lucky our village lies on one of the main trading routes. Otherwise I wouldn't have all that fancy stuff lying around here. One Vest coming up."

He counts the silver pieces slowly before giving a satisfied nod.

>>3966
>I am keeping track, yes.


>>3967
"A short sword, huh? I got one right here. And some decent clothes. Can't have you run around in those rags of yours.

On the other hand… up for a job to earn some extra coins?"

 No.3969

>>3968
Sure. Need me to kill rats in the abbey cellar or something?

 No.3970

File: 1473970180220.png (64.86 KB, 500x281, 500:281, zec19.png) ImgOps Google

>>3969
"Do we look like we have an abbey around here?"

He rolls his eyes.

"Listen, I'm telling you the same I did to that dwarf over there. Look for a friend of mine, a tradesman. Name's Marbit Telpers, lodges at the "Old Emperor" with his son. He's looking for skilled men. You look like you can hold that sword of yours at least."

 No.3971

File: 1473970288200.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>Nazom and Silvaner: If you want to find out more about the area, village etc. you're currently in, roll for Intellitence with a -3 modifier. The better the roll (if it succeeds) the more you know.

 No.3972

OK, I got a back story.

My father was a ranger who defends the roads of our forest home. We mostly lived in peace until last late autumn when the "Lost Ones" returned. Lost elves who have become Huldra whom while retain their eeriel beauty, have pale skin with tree like bark around their ears and necks. The Huldra were elves who have become undead monsters with s large gaping, rotting hole where their spines could be. They steal away elves to make them into Huldras.

After the ordeal I left the forest, vowing yto return someday once I know how to deal with Huldras.

>>3970
Alright.

>>3971
>Looks around to find out where he needed to go and all that.
d20 - 3 = 1

 No.3973

File: 1473970694459.jpg (194.96 KB, 690x388, 345:194, roll on.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3971
> roll on!
1d20 = 18

 No.3974

File: 1473971050285.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>3973
If nothing else, you know at least that you're in the Middle Realm, greatest of the human realms.

>>3972
You know your surroundings extremely well. You are currently in the village of Silk Meadows, a small hamlet of 300 souls. Silk Meadows is located on the Imperial Road no. 1, 5 miles south of the Middle Realm's capital city of Gareth where about 120,000 people live.

To the west lies the Demon Fallows, a dangerous and supposedly deadly land of swamps and forests. A long time ago a great battle was fought there and supposedly it was all laid to waste by the terrible demons that were summoned.

 No.3975

>>3974
>Since I came from the roads of Demon Falows.
Rather not go back there…
>Goes to look for "Old Emperor" lodge.

 No.3976

File: 1473971417008.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3974  can't wait to get out of this dump and back to the Mountainhome…
>>3970  "which way to the Old Emperor?  just point me in the right direction!"

 No.3977

File: 1473971613451.png (374.17 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, zec18.png) ImgOps Google

>>3975
The Imperial Road follows the Fallows just to the East. The Road is protected by small shrines of the sun god Praios, highest of gods, preventing any evil from the Fallows to reach the road.

>>3976
"It's the big L-shaped building, just down the street. You can't miss it."

 No.3978

>>3977  "right.  on my way then!"
>walks out and heads toward the Old Emperor

 No.3979

>>3977
>Sylvaner looks around Silk Meadow for the Old Emperor building, keeping a look out for any signs.

 No.3980

File: 1473971873846.jpg (268.19 KB, 900x600, 3:2, Gareth_Umland.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Here's a big mpa (all in German).

Deämonenbrache = Demon Fallows
Silkwiesen = Silk Meadows

The little village you're at is pretty much at the center bottom of the map.

 No.3981

File: 1473972156590.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3978
>>3979
Soon enough you find the lively "Old Emperor", indeed the biggest building in the small village. If it weren't for the obvious sign hanging above the entrance it would still be obvious from the many horses and carriages that can be found outside. Stablehands are busy taking care of the animals while from inside the wide open door song and laughter can be heard.

The Old Emperor is crowded and it is difficult to even find a place to sit.

 No.3982

>>3979  "I'll go take a look around."
>scuttles through the crowd and up to the bar(?)

 No.3983

File: 1473972721483.png (114.98 KB, 360x360, 1:1, pinkie67.png) ImgOps Google

>>3982
The innkeeper, a chubby man with pink cheeks - probably in his mid 40s - notices you after a few moments and approaches.

"Greetings, greetings" he says with a cheery voice. "What can I do you for? Ale? Food?"

 No.3984

File: 1473972947431.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3983  "got any dwarven ale?  I haven't had a good drink in ages…  oh yeah, and I'm looking for a trader - Marbit Telpers.  he around?"

 No.3985

File: 1473972990365.gif (498.13 KB, 500x375, 4:3, Zoidberg scuttle.gif) ImgOps Google

>>3982
>Does so. Scuttles up to the bar.

>>3983
Hello friend. I'm asked to help Marbit Telpers with some errands.

 No.3986

File: 1473973248028.png (129.68 KB, 384x383, 384:383, pinkie87.png) ImgOps Google

>>3984
>>3985
Half-distracted by the question about the trader he pours a tankard of dark dwarven ale and places it in front of Nazom.

"Telpers? With a T like in Temple?" he opens a small book, reading through it, then nods at last. "Ah, yes, that's the one you mean. He's in his room. Should I get him for you?"

He smiles at the dwarf.

"That's 2 Copper pieces for the ale (0.2 silver)."

 No.3987

>>3986
>"Telpers? With a T like in Temple?"
I guess.
>he opens a small book, reading through it, then nods at last. "Ah, yes, that's the one you mean. He's in his room. Should I get him for you?"
If it's not too much trouble.

 No.3988

File: 1473973480561.png (100.28 KB, 469x268, 7:4, pinkie93.png) ImgOps Google

>>3987
"And you two are…?"

 No.3989

File: 1473973485868.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>gulps down about half the tankard
"ahhh….  now that's some good ale!"
>places a silver piece on the bar
"Oh yeah, Telpers, right. yeah. sure"
>goes back to enjoying his ale

 No.3990

File: 1473973600420.png (135.51 KB, 640x360, 16:9, pinkie47.png) ImgOps Google

>>3989
The innkeep returns 8 Copper pieces.

>You may roll for Intellitence -2.

"Didn't catch your name, Sir. I need to announce you Mr. Telpers all prim and proper after all."

 No.3991

File: 1473973640353.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

"Oh, I'm Nåzom and this is Sil…verna, and we're at his service!  The store clerk down the street sent us to accompany Telpers."  

 No.3992

1d20 - 2 = 7

 No.3993

>>3988
Depending on what he's offering and how much, just seeking some work.

 No.3994

File: 1473973947786.png (174.86 KB, 356x463, 356:463, aj108.png) ImgOps Google

>>3991
>>3993
"Of course, of course… very prudent of him. Dangerous days on the road, what with those robbers about…." He realizes he just said that out loud and coughs.

"I'll get him for you, just wait a moment."

>With your successful roll you realize that the ale is very overprized. Surely 1 copper would be appropriate.

A minute or two later the innkeeper returns with a man in tow. He's about 40 years old with brown hair that starts to get a grey shimmer here and there. He wears expensive clothes and cap with a wagging feather stuck in it.

"Greetings and well met. I am Marbit Telpers, entrepreneur and long-distance merchant. You've been looking for me?"

 No.3995

>>3994
Yeah, we heard you may have some errands you're willing to pay for?

 No.3996

File: 1473974223531.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

>>3994  "Your friend down the street owes you a favor, and I owe him a favor, so I'm here to repay his favor.  and I've got nothing better to do."

 No.3997

File: 1473974365132.png (294.43 KB, 744x778, 372:389, aj16.png) ImgOps Google

>>3995
"Depends… if you know how to handle a sword or bow. I might have something for you. Might not be a dangerous task at all but you never know these days."

>>3996
"Ah, old Hamfast sent you? I see, I see. Well, you dwarves are always good with axes and such, right?"

He thinks for a moment, looking around the busy room where just about now a pair of minstrels begins to play on fiddles.

"Listen, how about you demonstrate your skill to me? Let's go outside to my waggon where we have some peace. Show me some of your fancy sword skills."

 No.3998

>>3997
I got what it takes, even with this sowing pin here.
>Shows his short sword.

 No.3999

File: 1473974709737.png (133.69 KB, 300x285, 20:19, aj80.png) ImgOps Google

>>3998
"Well, you can talk the talk but can you also walk the walk?" he laughs as he leads you outside where the stablehands have finally found a moment to relax as well. The biggest rush of guests has ceased.

Telpers leads you into the stables, finds a somewhat open and quiet patch there and nods.

"Well, show me your best moves then!"

>try an Attack, you can +modify it to make it look more impressive (or risk looking like a fool if you fail)

 No.4000

>>3997  "I'd prefer an axe, but this short sword is what I've got at the moment."
>chugs the rest of his ale
"All right then.  Let's go!"

 No.4001

File: 1473974782573.jpg (18.51 KB, 270x199, 270:199, aj37.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4000
"Let's get to it, Mr. Nazom! Show me how a dwarf wields a sword!"

 No.4002

>>4001
> performs a murder-stroke on an imaginary target, swinging the sword like a club 1d20 = 6

 No.4003

>>3999
>Sylvaner drew his sword and gave an example.
d20 + 3 = 5

 No.4004

File: 1473975287751.png (110 KB, 272x310, 136:155, aj113.png) ImgOps Google

>>4002
>>4003
He claps his hands and chuckles merrily.

"Excellent! Well done, well done. Indeed I have employment for two fine lads like yourselves. Listen, it's quite simple. My son Liscer and I we are headed to Gareth. Just a short trip but there have been rumours that a band of highwaymen is hiding out in the Demon Fallows. Most of the merchants around have employed the best swords for hire already and I certainly don't want to take the risk either."

He examines you close before continuing.

"It's just a short trip, 5 miles. Can be done in a good hour and half. Small riks. And I'm willing to pay both of you 20 silver pieces."

 No.4005

>>4004
Sounds like we'd be doing a great justice as well.

>>4002
What say friend, shall we teach these bad-doers a swift lesson?

 No.4006

>>4004  "That sounds more than reasonable.  My blade is at your command."
>>4005  "Aye, no one would dare attack while the two of us are around."

 No.4007

File: 1473975773690.png (228.13 KB, 550x550, 1:1, allab4.png) ImgOps Google

>>4005
>>4006
"Excellent!" He shakes your hands.

"Then we have an agreement."

He gives a surprised look then smiles as he sees a young lad entering, about 14 years old with remarkable dark brown eyes and long brownish hair.

"Ah, Liscer, my son. These two fellows are going to accompany us."

The boy gives a rather shy nods and mumbles a greeting.

>You may both roll for Intelligence +1

 No.4008

>>4007 1d20 + 1 = 4!

 No.4009

>>4007
Hello.

d20 + 1 = 14

 No.4010

File: 1473975951901.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4009
>You notice nothing out of the ordinary.

>>4008
>You realize the usual fee for a mercenary is one silver piece per day including lodging. Yet he is willing to pay twenty times that for just a 5 mile trip.

 No.4011

File: 1473976175116.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>4007  "Don't worry, we'll keep you safe."
>>4010
>this guy must be expecting trouble, or not be very savvy, or both

 No.4012

File: 1473976353830.jpg (80.78 KB, 810x1080, 3:4, aj178.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4011
"'Course you will. We're ready to leave in an hour if that is alright with you. The faster we're in Gareth the better. Oh, and…"

He hands both of you 5 silver pieces.

"… here's a little something up front."

 No.4013

>>4010
>Since he harbours a personal secret, that and had only so much interactions around humans, all he had to go by was optimism and his wits for social understanding of others.

>>4012
Oh, thank you.

 No.4014

>>4012  "thank you.  ready when you are"

 No.4015

File: 1473976787843.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4013
>>4014
Marbit, his son Liscer and their driver Jola (a grumbling 30 year old woman with a weather-beaten face and a hat with a large brim on her head) prepared the covered wagon transporting all the merchant's goods.

The sun was already setting as they started their journey towards the large capital city.

And the heroes noticed soon enough that they were pretty much alone on the usually busy Imperial Road.

 No.4016

File: 1473976897736.png (159.05 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, dash108.png) ImgOps Google

Got to stop there, it's bed time for me. Night night, hope you had fun.

 No.4017

>>4015
>As they were on their way, decided to make chit-chat.
So. Nåzom. Where you from?

 No.4018

File: 1473977483471.jpg (45.22 KB, 800x457, 800:457, dig_damn_you.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4016  I did, thanks!  Have a good night!
>>4017  "I used to live in the Abyssalshelter, but that was obviously before the Kekim Mozib melted it.  I was one of the few who made it out.  I spent some time in the Mountainhome before I started traveling.  What about yourself?"

 No.4019

>>4018
I grew up in a small forest outpost with my parents. A small elven settlement by the only road in the forest.

That was before… I lost my parents to the Huldra.

 No.4020

>>4019  "a shame about your parents.  What's the Huldra?"

 No.4021

>>4019
(Or maybe he just had a father. That or his mother is still alive)

>>4020
Huldra were elves who ended up lost in the forest and… something happened to them. No one knows for sure what happens to those elves. But they return as monsters, possible of the vampire sort.

Huldras looking like regular elves, except their ears are smaller and their backsides… their backsides are hollowed out… spine, most insides and also take on advace lignum.

 No.4022

>>4021  "very tragic.  Hey, listen, this guy's paying us way too much to accompany the group to the capital.  Either he's a fool, he's expecting trouble, or it's a setup.  Look sharp."

 No.4023

>>4022
Is it? I dunno much about human ways.

 No.4024

>>4023  "The silver we've already received is five times more than we should be getting."

 No.4025

>>4024
Well.. they wanted to see how well we can defend ourselves. If they did wanted to turn against us surely they wouldn't hire those independandable.

 No.4026

>>4025  "I hope you're right."

 No.4027

>>4026
As long as we keep our wits as sharp as our blades, we'll be fine.

 No.4028

>>4027  (I'm heading off for a while.  Have a good one!)

 No.4029

>>4028
A'ight. G'night.

 No.4030

File: 1474006051961.png (88.28 KB, 1856x2924, 464:731, dash191.png) ImgOps Google


 No.4031

File: 1474011491294.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4015
>Nazom and Silvaner, in what position are you while you accompany the covered wagon? Are you walking beside it, in front, behind, on the coach box (space for one)?

 No.4032

File: 1474043376679.gif (997.6 KB, 480x270, 16:9, Yoshihiko vs Slime.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4031
I calleth thine gun of shots!

 No.4033

File: 1474043988905.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>4031  behind

 No.4034

File: 1474044574871.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4032
>>4033
Darkness comes soon enough and the driver Jola decides to place a lit lantern in front of the wagon. Marbit Telpers and his son Liscer are riding horses next to the wagon.

Jola hands Silvaner a flask. "It might get chilly at night, this'll warm you."

The wagon is driving at a rather slow speed, being filled with many wares and the two draft horses in front have quite a task at hand. Is it easy for Nazom to keep the pace.

 No.4035

File: 1474044700438.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

> waddles along behind the wagon

 No.4036

File: 1474044825218.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>4034
>For clarification, the lantern hangs at the tip of the draft pole.

 No.4037

File: 1474044984577.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>Silvaner: Roll an Intelligence check
>Nazor: Roll an Intelligence +5 check

 No.4038

File: 1474045045943.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

1d20 + 5 = 17

 No.4039

>>4034
Uh what is it? I'm not the sort to drink alcohol.

>>4037
d20 = 8

 No.4040

"Well, it is brandy - and a good…" Jola starts when suddenly;

>>4039
Silvaner sees something moving in one of the bushes to the right, about 10 meters ahead.

>>4038
Nazor in the meantime walks along merrily.

 No.4041

>>4040
I see something…
>Readies his blade but stays silent and eyes the suspicion in case it will do something he won't like.

 No.4042

File: 1474045715264.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4041
Jola looks at him in surprise as they keep on going. "What are you talking about? Where?!"

Suddenly! The twanging sound of bows can be heard closeby. You have barely time to react!

>Silvaner: Roll an Dexterity +2 check
>Nazom: Roll a Dexterity -2 check

 No.4043

I'm thinking changing my elven name to "Vitis Vinifera"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitis_vinifera

His current name sounds  abit too Warcrafty and not sitting well for me.

>>4042
>He reacted as fast as he could.
d20 - 2 = 1

 No.4044

File: 1474045834807.jpg (13.79 KB, 206x245, 206:245, losing_is_fun.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

1d20 - 2 = 17

 No.4045

File: 1474046123862.jpg (72.17 KB, 411x330, 137:110, dash214.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4043
Two arrows hit the covered wagon, followed by angry curses.

One is aimed at Vitis but he ducks it with incredible ease.

A fourth is aimed at Nazom in the back and while the dwarf makes barely a move to evade it he is lucky, it swishes past him, just inches away.

A scream can be heard as Liscer Telpers got hit by a fifth arrow. He loses balance and falls off his horse.

At the same moment three hooded men (or women), wearing dark leather and brandishing short swords and clubs leap out of the nearby bushes, gnashing their teeth and running towards the wagon.

 No.4046

>>4045
AMBUSH!
>Quickly brandishes his short sword and ready to fight.

 No.4047

File: 1474046413116.gif (9.84 KB, 320x128, 5:2, dwarfattack.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4045
>draws his sword and prepares to attack one of the hooded ne'er-do-wells

 No.4048

File: 1474046768653.gif (917.33 KB, 400x380, 20:19, dash208.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4046
>>4047
Jola tries to speed up the wagon but it is no use, it is too slow and two of the highwaymen have taken the reigns of the two draft horses, forcing the wagon to stop.

Voices and shouting can be heard from the bushes where the arrows came from.

The third highwayman, a coarse woman holding a crude club with some rusty nails stuck in it, attack Vitis.

>She attacks first, having higher Courage than Vitis. But, as Vitis is on a coach box and has the high ground all your attacks have a -3 modifier (thus being easier for you) and you do +1 additional damage.
>Nazom, you have to run up to her from behind the wagon first, so you can only attack but not defend anymore this turn

d20 = 6

 No.4049

File: 1474046928411.png (143.47 KB, 591x700, 591:700, EPIC PAWNCH by Silver.png) ImgOps Google

>>4048
>Attacks his attacker.
d20 - 3 = 2

 No.4050

File: 1474046994977.png (43.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is lurking.png) ImgOps Google

>>4049
But first… defence roll.
d20 = 19

 No.4051

>>4048
CHARGE!  1d20 = 2

 No.4052

File: 1474047103316.jpg (69.47 KB, 409x330, 409:330, dash211.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4049
1d6 + 1 = 2 Damage!

She gives a roaring laugh.

>she tries to defend against the elf's attack

d20 = 18

>>4051
>as she can only attack once, your strike hits! roll the damage

 No.4053

1d6 + 2 = 7!

 No.4054

>>4052
I attack her again.
d20 - 3 = 14
But also defend from her attacks?
d20 = 16

 No.4055

I have 24/25 health left.
Dunno what the heck I'm doing to my attacker.

 No.4056

>>4054
1d6 + 2 = 4

 No.4057

File: 1474047935997.png (215.14 KB, 649x490, 649:490, dash207.png) ImgOps Google

>>4053
>>4056
She howls in pain as she got hit twice. In the mean time one of the robbers has charged Jola on the coachbox. She takes her long whip and cracks it angrily in the air, making the attacker duck.

>Angrily she tries to parry the elf's second attack.

1d20 = 5

>Before attacking him once more

1d20 = 19 for potential 1d6 + 2 = 3 damage

 No.4058

>>4057
She blocks Vitis' attack and misses her own.

 No.4059

>>4053
Your turn. Roll attack (plus potential damage).

 No.4060

File: 1474048353130.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, linkdragon.png) ImgOps Google

>>4059
1d20 = 14 for 1d6 + 2 = 7!

 No.4061

File: 1474048484984.png (184.97 KB, 477x520, 477:520, dash210.png) ImgOps Google

>>4060
She gasps in relieve as your might blow misses her.

>She attacks Nazom this time 1d20 = 9 for potential 1d6 + 2 = 4 damage

 No.4062

>>4060
Time to roll defense.

You can roll attack (plus damage too) right away.

 No.4063

>Vitis attacks the nail-bat attacker again.
d20 + 3 = 9
d6 + 2 = 5

 No.4064

>>4062  I'm not sure how much that is but 1d20 = 14
also 1d20 = 16 for 1d6 + 2 = 4!

 No.4065

File: 1474048899384.jpg (72.17 KB, 411x330, 137:110, dash214.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4064
>You get hit and lose 2 HP and your own attack misses!

>>4063
>You hit her hard!

Squealing she drops her weapons, turns and runs, bloody cuts covering her body. The second highwayman had his hands full with Jola, the third, seeing his comrade flee, approaches, a heavy dagger in hand.

Screams and shouts from Marbit Telpers and his son can be heard, apparently more highwayman (those who shot the bows earlier) have leaped out of hiding.

>you can both roll your attacks and damage to 'welcome' the new bandit

 No.4066

File: 1474048988587.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

"come to join the party!?"
1d20 = 7 for 1d6 + 2 = 7!

 No.4067

>>4066
He tries to defend… 1d20 = 11

 No.4068

>>4067
And gets hit hard, giving a pained yell.

 No.4069

File: 1474049455760.jpg (45.55 KB, 199x342, 199:342, twi196.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

In the meantime, Vitis is screening the area. Three highywaymen have lept ouf of the bushes and are struggling with Marbit and Liscer. Two more must be closeby.

 No.4070

>>4066
He attacks again 1d20 = 17 for potential 1d6 + 2 = 3 damage.

 No.4071

>>4070
And misses.

>>4066
Roll attack and damage!

 No.4072

File: 1474049746150.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>4071  1d20 = 14 for 1d6 + 2 = 4!

 No.4073

>>4069
>Seeing our employers are being attack, I cast an attack spell, aiming at the bandit who is mostly at grapple with Marbit and Liscer, hoping to give them a chance to escape.
"FULMINICTUS"

(The idea is to use a bit of magic confusion to give these two gents the advantage.)

 No.4074

>>4072
And it missed!

Jola hits her attacker with the whip, doing just little damage.

>>4073
One of the attackers near Marbit Telpers screams in pain as an invisible force hits him in the head.

He rolls for courage 1d20 = 12

 No.4075

>>4074
And flees.

 No.4076

>>4074
>I call to Marbit and Liscer
GET INTO THE CARRIAGE!

I then proceed to attack whip lady.
d20 - 3 = 11
d6 - 3 = -2

 No.4077

File: 1474050087742.jpg (114.22 KB, 615x339, 205:113, dash213.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4074
The bandit snarls, trying to stab his heavy dagger into Nazom's ribs!

1d20 = 4 for potential 1d6 + 2 = 7 damage!

 No.4078

>>4072
There's a bad one heading your way! You need to roll Defense! (And attack + damage)

 No.4079

>>4076
Not whip lady, the attacker.

whip lady is Jola. I figured that out just now.

 No.4080

File: 1474050226294.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>4077  "ghrag!"
>>4078  1d20 = 17
1d20 = 10 and 1d6 + 2 = 3!

 No.4081

BAUUUUUH
d6 + 2 = 3

 No.4082

File: 1474050349392.jpg (44.57 KB, 461x307, 461:307, dash209.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4080
Ouch! You lose 5 HP! He tries to defend against your own attack! 1d20 = 17

>>4081
The robber strugglin with Jola can defend no more. You hit!

 No.4083

>>4082
And fails!

 No.4084

File: 1474050460648.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

You hear Marbit Telpers scream, two more highwaymen have lept out and are dragging his son off into the bushes!

He faces the remaining two, having drawn his own thing rapier, desperately trying to get to his son, not heeding Vitis's words!

 No.4085

>>4080
"Gonna get me some dwarf-skin boots!" The bandit laughs and tries to thrust at the Nazom once more!

1d20 = 20 for potential 1d6 + 2 = 6 damage!

 No.4086

>>4085
Critical failure! 2d6 = 8

 No.4087

>>4086
He drops his weapons and decides it is best to flee!

 No.4088

File: 1474050674184.gif (9.84 KB, 320x128, 5:2, dwarfattack.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4084  "Come back here!  I'm not done with you yet!"
>pursues the coward

 No.4089

File: 1474050733220.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

THE SITUATION:
—————
Three bandits have fled!
One of them is being chased by Nazom!

The driver Jola is fighting a bandit!

Liscer Telpers is being dragged away by two bandits.
Marbit Telpers faces two more bandits on his own.

Vitis stands on the coach box.

 No.4090

>>4084
>Vitis, not wanting this family to have an unhappy ending, decided to jump down from the carriage to assist Marbit. Hoping Nazom and Jola can sort out that one attacker.

>He prepares another lightning spell to the bandit who had the most grip on Lischer, this time weak enough to stop and/or drop Lischer than major damage.
(-3 MP)

 No.4091

>>4088
The bandit runs in the dark. 1d20 = 9 Dexterity check!

 No.4092

>>4091
And he keeps on runnin!

>>4088
Nazom, one Dexterity check from you to avoid stumbling in the dark!

 No.4093

>>4089
I jumped down and >>4090, I call to Nazom
HELP THE DRIVER!

I then help Marbit get his son back.

 No.4094

>>4092  1d20 = 17!

 No.4095

>>4090
One of Liscer's attackers gives a yell as he is stung by the magic!

He rolls Courage 1d20 - 3 = 16!

 No.4096

File: 1474051038032.jpg (28.43 KB, 213x211, 213:211, dash206.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4094
You fall flat on your face! The bandit escapes!

>>4095
He squeals and tries to run for it but tries to drag Liscer Telpers with him. The other bandit is more than willing to oblige.

Strength check by the bandits! 1d20 - 5 = -3 1d20 = 5

Marbit Telpers struggling keeping the remaining bandits at bay.

 No.4097

>>4096
The bandits manage to drag Liscer off into the darkness!

 No.4098

>>4096  "Damn you!"
>>4093
>gets up and runs back to help the driver

 No.4099

>>4098
You can roll a free Attack (-5!) + Damage against the bandit struggling with Jola!

 No.4100

>>4097
>Tries to follow but it was too late, couldn't-
>The noise from the fight gave him no time to feel sorry for himself and returned to make sure Marbit gets back to the truck safely.

 No.4101

>>4099 "fiend!"
1d20 - 5 = 14 for 1d6 + 2 = 5

 No.4102

>>4101
He notices your feeble thrust that almost hits one of the horses instead!

"Pathetic!" He laughs and tries to stab you!

1d20 + 4 = 20 for potential 1d6 + 2 = 6 damage!

 No.4103

>>4102
And he misses.

 No.4104

I attack one of the two raiders d20 = 18 d6 + 2 = 4

 No.4105

File: 1474051449681.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

THE SITUATION
————-
Nazom and Jola are fighting a bandit.

Vitis and Marbit Telpers are fighting two bandits.

Three bandits have fled.

Two bandits have dragged off Liscer Telpers.

 No.4106

>>4104
And you fail!

One bandit tries to attack you! 1d20 = 12 for potential 1d6 + 2 = 4 damage!

>>4101
Roll your next attack!

 No.4107

>>4106
And he misses!

 No.4108

>>4106
I defend!
d20 = 20

 No.4109

>>4106  "grrrah!"
1d20 = 9 for 1d6 + 2 = 5

 No.4110

>>4108
There was no need to, he missed.

 No.4111

>>4109
"I got that one, dwarf!" 1d20 = 10

 No.4112

File: 1474051607904.png (184.97 KB, 477x520, 477:520, dash210.png) ImgOps Google

>>4111
He snarls in pain as he got hit!

 No.4113

File: 1474051641980.jpg (72.17 KB, 411x330, 137:110, dash214.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4112
The bandit, showing many whip-marks and now a deep cut as well, tries to run for it!

 No.4114

>>4110
Oh…
>Quickly punches the guy hard while he had the chance, in attempt of knock-out.
d20 = 13

 No.4115

File: 1474051723936.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>4113
>attempts to trip the bandit!

 No.4116

>>4114
And your punch misses!

He attacks in return! 1d20 = 20 1d6 + 2 = 5

 No.4117

>>4115
Dexterity +2 check!

 No.4118

>>4116
Critical failure! 2d6 = 5

 No.4119

>>4118
He stumbles and falls to the ground!

 No.4120

>>4117  1d20 + 2 = 11

 No.4121

File: 1474051861724.jpg (72.17 KB, 411x330, 137:110, dash214.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Seeing his comrade next to him just fall to the ground. The final bandit decides it might be a good moment to run away!

 No.4122

>>4115
>Calls out.
WE NEED ONE OF THEM ALIVE!

>>4114
>>4118
>>4119
>Puts his foot on his chest, his sword aimed to his neck.
Give it up, we have won.

 No.4123

>>4120
He tries to counter with Dexterity+7! 1d20 + 7 = 24

 No.4124

>>4123
And he lands on all fours before you!

 No.4125

>>4122
Cursing he wiggles underneath you but drops his weapon at last!

 No.4126

File: 1474052012686.gif (9.84 KB, 320x128, 5:2, dwarfattack.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4122 "if you insist!"
>>4124
>smashes his head with the sword's pommel to knock him unconscious

 No.4127

File: 1474052030272.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

THE SITUATION!
————–
Four bandits have fled.

Two bandits have dragged off Liscer Telpers.

Two bandits have fallen on there noses before you! One seems badly injured, the other has no scratch.

 No.4128

>>4126
He groans and lies still.

 No.4129

>>4126
>>4127
>>4128
Excellent. Tie them up, we can interrogate them.

 No.4130

File: 1474052118762.png (109.11 KB, 301x297, 301:297, aj81.png) ImgOps Google

"My son! They have taken my son!" Marbit Telpers shouts. "We… we have to get after them!"

 No.4131

>>4130
Running into the forest at this late hour would be foolish. We don't know where they will be keeping them.

But our new friends will. If they're co-operative to answer our questions.

 No.4132

>>4129
You tie them both up nice and well!

 No.4133

File: 1474052287811.gif (251.99 KB, 270x270, 1:1, dash217.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4131
"You won't make us talk, you filthy elf! Why don't you care about your own busines!" The robber that wasn't knocked out yells angrily, wiggling against his restrains.

 No.4134

File: 1474052292981.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>4130  "I'll handle this…"
>stabs the conscious bandit in the leg and asks the bandit
"Where are they taking his son?"

 No.4135

>>4134
Roll for damage!

 No.4136

>>4135  1d6 + 2 = 3

 No.4137

File: 1474052382499.jpg (42.29 KB, 640x360, 16:9, cmca34.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

"Father… help!!!!" a faint scream can be heard from distance.

 No.4138

>>4134
Stop that, there is no need for more violence.

>>4133
I'm more interested in the business you have with our client.

This isn't your run of the mill robbery isn't it, you got beef with this guy don't you?

(Can we pause please, I need to go out and get things.)

 No.4139

>>4136
1d20 = 3 Courage check.

 No.4140

File: 1474052448313.png (255.59 KB, 654x665, 654:665, dash237.png) ImgOps Google

>>4136
"Hnnng… n… never! Not a word!"

 No.4141

File: 1474052519654.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4138
I guess it's time for a break.

 No.4142

To sum it up for now:

Nazom: You have 28 HP (of a max. 35)
Vitis: You have 24 HP (of a max. 25) and 15 MP (of a max. 25)

 No.4143

File: 1474052621432.jpg (80.19 KB, 709x625, 709:625, Dwarf_35541c_5698177.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4141  I need to go too, but I won't be back for a while.  You can go on without me.

 No.4144

File: 1474052662740.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4143
Might take a break over the weekend anyway. I hope you had some fun.

 No.4145

>>4144  I did; thanks a lot!  I might (most likely) not be around next week so, again, don't wait for me.

 No.4146

I'm back, but I see we're finished for today.

 No.4147

File: 1474137889437.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Does anyone else wish to join the merry adventure?

 No.4148

>>4147
I cannot continue until somewhen next week due to moving.

 No.4149

File: 1474295342330.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>4148
Sure thing, maybe ⛵ will be back by then too.

 No.4152

Name: Kabach Cryonax

Class/Race: Human Wizard
HP: 20
MP: 30

Stats:
Int: 13
Cha: 13
Dex: 12
Cou: 11
Str: 10

Money: 70 Silver

Gear Bought:
Padded Vest (2AP) - 40 silver
Throwing Dagger - 20 silver
20 metre rope - 4 silver
Tinderbox - 0.5 silver

Backstory: Spent years in the Academy after being separated from his parents as a toddler, they may or may not be dead. Found in early childhood by a kindly wizard he was tested and admitted to the Academy. Knows little of 'real life' having been closeted all his youth he is both naive and clever. Perhaps not very wise though. Has a mercenary streak and values money and knowledge a little too highly. He values those very few friends he has and is loyal to them, but does not like people generally and is very insecure in crowds and social situations.

 No.4153

File: 1474405474475.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4152
Welcome, Kabach. Hopefully we can continue our little campaign soon.

 No.4157

File: 1474912054103.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>Epic and ⛵
Let me know what you plan to do next. You got two captive bandits with you, night is approaching quickly and it has gotten quite dark.

 No.4158

File: 1474913970834.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4138  "What's wrong with having a little bit of fun?  …  fine!  Do it your way."
>>4157
> waits to see what Vitis has in mind

 No.4159

>>4158
It's not fun if it gets us nowhere.

>Sits down with the bandit.
Shall we cut the crap and get to the point. What beef do you have with Marbit Telper?

 No.4160

File: 1474914557990.png (156.56 KB, 364x381, 364:381, dash469.png) ImgOps Google

>>4159
He wiggles and looks over to his hurt comrade. "We don't have any beef with him in particular… but we lie in wait for anyone foolish enough to try to take this road in the middle of the night. You guys were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Should have waited for the next morning when the roads are bustling."

 No.4161

File: 1474914654818.png (138.77 KB, 874x913, 874:913, aj165.png) ImgOps Google

Marbit Telpers groans, giving a deep sigh. "I would have… but I need to be in Gareth tonight. I have an important contract to keep, it needs my signature tonight or I can close my business."

 No.4162

>>4160
Really?
>Looks over to Marbit.
So what was so important to risk a night delivery when a day delivery would of been a safer option?

 No.4163

File: 1474914712516.png (191.97 KB, 545x374, 545:374, aj86.png) ImgOps Google


 No.4164

File: 1474914822348.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, linkdragon.png) ImgOps Google

>>4163  "then you should go ahead and fulfill the contract while we find your son."

 No.4165

>>4161
>>4163
I see…
>Considers no point asking whatever it is so important and returns his attention to the bandit.
So, where is your bandit hideout? Where are you keeping the hostage?

 No.4166

File: 1474914994743.jpg (21.58 KB, 400x317, 400:317, aj183.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4164
Telpers looks up, a faint hint of hope in his eyes as he looks from the dwarf to the elf. "I… would be in your debt. If Jola and I leave now we can still make it in time… I'll make it worth your while if you bring back my son alive. I'll pay you 200 silver pieces, each of you! I'm staying at the 'Two Masks' hotel in Gareth's Old Quarter."

 No.4167

File: 1474915037036.gif (917.33 KB, 400x380, 20:19, dash208.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4165
The two badits look at each other. "And what is in it for us, elf?"

 No.4168

File: 1474915135628.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4166 "aye, then we'll see you and your son reunited there."
>>4167
> stabs the bandit that asked the question
"not having to deal with me"

 No.4169

>>4166
Alright, but we'll need this guy here. You can take the other guy-
>Points to the beaten up, wounded bandit
-with you to give to the authorities.

>>4167
Well surely you want revenge for your crew abandoning you? Surely there wer esome able ones who chose to run away than to help you.

And now that they have a rich businessmans son, well without you around, less cut of the ransom money.

 No.4170

>>4168
>roll for damage (1d6+2) and make a Charisma check with a negative modifier based on the damage

 No.4171

>>4170
1d6 + 2 = 3
>make a Charisma check with a negative modifier based on the damage
(I don't know what this means) 1d20 = 15

 No.4172

File: 1474915310223.gif (1.6 MB, 416x232, 52:29, aj32.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4168
>>4169
"I'm forever in your debt, me and my son, both!" He talks to Jola who gets the wagon ready after pulling out the arrows that were stuck in it.

 No.4173

File: 1474915334618.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4171
Sorry, you did 3 damage, do a Chrisma -3 check.

 No.4174

>>4173  1d20 - 3 = 15?

 No.4175

>>4172
We'll save your son, don't worry about it.
>>4168
>Gave him a stern disapproving look.

 No.4176

File: 1474915487009.gif (246.15 KB, 500x500, 1:1, dash472.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4174
>You really got no luck rolling!

>>4174
>>4169
The highwayman gives an angry snarl as he gets stabbed by the dwarf. The other, barely concsious looks at the elf, muttering.

"I make you a better proposal. You let us both go and we describe how you'll find our hideout. It's in the swamps of the Demon Fallows, you'll never make it there yourselves!"

 No.4177

>>4175
>Do a Charisma check +3!

 No.4178

File: 1474915662640.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>4175  oh, come on…
>>4176
>>4175  We could just have him lead us there and end him rightly if he tries anything fishy.

 No.4179

File: 1474915729513.png (9.19 KB, 125x125, 1:1, dash196.png) ImgOps Google

>>4178
"You don't even have any pommels to throw!" The bandit mocks.

 No.4180

File: 1474915796933.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>4179  You just like being stabbed, don't you…

 No.4181

>>4176
>Pushes the dwarf away and returns to the bandits attentions.
Listen, we're not doing the "Good sentry, bad sentry" thing, we're trying to get results with little bloodshed, even if my friend disagrees with my methods.

You're certainly in no condition to lead us back, But your friend is…
>Looks at Naz angrily
If he is still in good condition to take us.

>Sighs and returns his attention to the majorly wounded bandit.
After all, no real possition to make deals. Convince your friend to take us directly to where the camp is and you'll at least get treatment for your wounds before the authorities take you in.

Think about it, would you rather be negotiating to my dwarf friend?

>>4178
Even if they were willing to lead us, it would be benefitial for all iof us if they were still capable of wlaking.

 No.4182

File: 1474916007653.png (215.14 KB, 649x490, 649:490, dash207.png) ImgOps Google

>>4181
>>4180
He gives a thin, malicious grin. "Oh, I think you're the ones who are in a bad position. Why, the poor young lad will surely not have a good time with my mates back in the Fallows… if he even survives the trip. So you better release me quickly so you can follow him as fast as possible."

He shakes his head. "If I get handed over to the guards a wound will be my least worry. So, no, release us and we'll help."

 No.4183

File: 1474916127699.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

By the way, there are some weapons lying around that the bandits dropped.

2 heavy daggers and 1 spiked club.

 No.4184

File: 1474916232500.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>4181  Good point; I'll stab them in the arm next time.
>>4182
>>4181  Well it seems your way isn't working…
>>4183
> grabs a heavy dagger

 No.4185

>>4182
>He grins back.
Really? They would kill a hostage stolen from this fancy business wagon? They would kill the son of a rich merchant?

Nah, a bandit worth his greed would keep him alive long enough for ransom.

So I'm going to ask you again and with civilized manners. Would youplease escourt us back to your campent?

Or would you rather negoitate with my dwarf friend?

>>4184
Hold it, I still have one last method if it needs to be. It doesn't have to end in blood.

 No.4186

>>4184
A heavy dagger does 1d6+2 damage and has a defense malus of -1. Worth 30 silver (if bought).

 No.4187

>>4185
> grumbles while examining the dagger
>>4186  (how about that club?)

 No.4188

File: 1474916462338.jpg (26.48 KB, 232x330, 116:165, dash204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4185
He huffs, "Of course they wouldn't kill him. But he might die in the swamp, it's dangerous! Besides, if you waste more time you'll never get him and my folks will be rich from the ransom! That old guy on his wagon will pay a hefty fee!"

>You can still try that Charisma +3 check!

 No.4189

>>4187
The spiked club is a crude, handmade weapon, doing 1d6+2 damage but it has a -2 malus and costs only 25 silver.

 No.4190

>>4188
Then you could take us there right now and be back with your group, or… well, as an elf I know far more worst things than an angry dwarf that I'd rather avoid.

d20 + 3 = 11

 No.4191

>>4190
>failed by 1, sorry

 No.4192

File: 1474916811028.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

The sun has set and Marbit Telpers set out for the capital city of which you can see many lights in a few miles distance. The sounds of the covered wagon disappears and an olw is hooting loudly closeby, as if beckoning you.

 No.4193

File: 1474916922173.png (215.14 KB, 649x490, 649:490, dash207.png) ImgOps Google

>>4190
The bandit shakes his head, "You better keep that tunnel digger in check. And it's getting dark, it'll be suicide to head into the Fallows now, with or without us."

 No.4194

File: 1474917026485.jpg (45.22 KB, 800x457, 800:457, dig_damn_you.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4190  it's still not working…
>>4192
>>4189  I'm going to shut up that owl.  You have until I get back to make this otherwise-soon-to-be-dead bandit talk.
>wanders a bit looking for the source of the hooting

 No.4195

>>4193
>Leans back.
Then I really have no choice don't I? After all you're nothing more than a bandit, a glorified theif that prowls the forest and pillage with the others like a common pack animal. You're nothing more than a beast.

So I won't feel guilty for the spell I shall place on you. After all it may save your life… or destroy your mind.

>Raises his magic hand…

 No.4196

>>4194
I- think I know what I am doing… this usually works on wild animals.

>Turns his attention to the bandit.
Bannbaladin~

 No.4197

File: 1474917108881.png (1.01 MB, 1280x720, 16:9, bg50.png) ImgOps Google

>>4194
You see an owl sitting in one of the nearby trees, her eyes glowing in the dim light.

 No.4198

File: 1474917248472.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4197
> grabs a stick and throws it at the owl

 No.4199

Bannbaladin~ d6 + 12 = 16

>>4198
>Almost lost concentration.
D-don't do that!

 No.4200

File: 1474917312151.png (442.36 KB, 1044x584, 261:146, bg49.png) ImgOps Google

>>4198
Some feathers fall as she takes off in a hurry, flapping her wings and disappearing in the direction of the Fallows.

 No.4201

File: 1474917422735.gif (147.62 KB, 300x320, 15:16, dash376.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4199
>lucky you, just passed my counter roll

The bandit suddenly smiles at you… "Oh, my friend… I… I really didn't recognize you. Sorry for the inconvenience we caused you there."

 No.4202

>>4201
Nah man it's fine. I know you had a rough day. I told you that group you hange with were no good. Told you they were the wrong crowed to hang with.

 No.4203

File: 1474917534487.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>4199
>grumbles
>>4200
>grabs feathers and heads back
>>4201
>>4202  …you've gotta be kidding me.

 No.4204

File: 1474917553858.png (107.92 KB, 343x391, 343:391, dash387.png) ImgOps Google

>>4202
He nods quickly "Oh, yes, should have listened to you. So, you want to see where the lads hang out? I can lead you but you better have some light cause it's dangerous!"

 No.4205

>>4203
Do you keep that dagger and club?

 No.4206

>>4205  (sure)

 No.4207

>>4206
>Got it… and you got 3 owl feathers now too

 No.4208

>>4204
Yeah, after those jackasses ditched you, let's deal some payback.

>>4203
Elven magic, I can-
>Starts feeling a bit woozy and almost stumbled. He could see those specs of light people see when they feel near faint. Naz could also see them around Vitas as well.

 No.4209

File: 1474917764684.png (134.01 KB, 786x1016, 393:508, dash190.png) ImgOps Google

>>4208
"Yes, payback, sure… so, you got a light? What about that grumbling dwarf over there?"

 No.4210

File: 1474917807651.png (81.87 KB, 859x929, 859:929, dash195.png) ImgOps Google

"I got a tinder box with me, if it helps." The bandit adds.

 No.4211

>>4209
>Gets his breath back.

Uh…
>To the dwarf.
Do you- do you have a light?

 No.4212

>>4210
Ooh sure we can make something with that.

 No.4213

File: 1474917863824.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>4208  Does …that usually happen to you?
>>4209
>grumbles some more

 No.4214

File: 1474917960687.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

You just need to find something to light now!

 No.4215

>>4213
I know a few spells but I'm not that great with magic. I'd say my manna is somewhere below the quarter-point.

It won't kill me or anything, just feels exhausting and a horrible feeling to be out of manna.

>Takes his breath.
But yeah, do you have anything we can burn? We can perhaps make a torch with a stick we can find in the woods. Just need a flammable rag or something.

 No.4216

you could wrap something around the pegs on this club.

 No.4217

>>4216
Heck yeah! But what? Hmm?

>Rips one of his sleeves off.

 No.4218

File: 1474918280292.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4217
>roll Intelligence -2 to make a sort of torch out of that

 No.4219

File: 1474918328482.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, linkdragon.png) ImgOps Google

>>4217  That's not going to last very long, but I guess it's the best we've got for now.

 No.4220

>>4218
A'gith, lets see…

d20 - 2 = 3

 No.4221

>>4219
As long as we're quick and careful, then we're all good.

>Goes to the bandit.
Light this sucker up!

 No.4222

File: 1474918448217.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4219
>>4220
You are successful in making a sort of torch. You light it with the tinder box's content and you got some light. Not much but it's better than nothing.

 No.4223

>>4222
A'ight! Lead the way uh…
>Never got his new best friends name.

 No.4224

File: 1474918554477.png (156.56 KB, 364x381, 364:381, dash469.png) ImgOps Google

"Alright, friend. Follow me then!" the bandit says as he gets up and takes the torch. "I'll be in the lead."

 No.4225

File: 1474918608683.png (80.14 KB, 303x291, 101:97, dash457.png) ImgOps Google

>>4223
"I'm Alrik… strange, I forgot your name too… must be that poke that dwarf gave me. His poke's really weak, you know?"

 No.4226

>>4225
Ah I wouldn't "poke" at him eh Alrik? Hehehe.

OK lead on.

 No.4227

File: 1474918798196.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4225
>ponders while looking back and forth between his new dagger and Alrik

 No.4228

File: 1474918935327.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

The bandit who introduced himself as Alrik, a local as you can guess from his accent, is leading the way, holding the torch that only gives a sparce light. He seems to know the area well as he heads west in the direction of the dangerous woodlands and swamp that everyone only knows as Demon Fallows. Few dare to enter, fewer ever make it out. But Alrik seems to know his way around, still he keeps his head bowed low as he screens the surreounding and is careful with every step he takes. You leave the street behind you, move down a slope and through the bushes and brambles that soon get thicker and thicker.

The trees look odd, some at least. Being strangly twisted, the branches lag weird formed arms with long fingers while between them stand trees tall and fresh and green.

Ten minutes pass…

 No.4229

1d20 = 19

 No.4230

File: 1474919097162.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

… and still Alrik leads you on. He seems to hurry now as the makeshift torch will soon go out and he seems to have no interest in staying in the swamp over night.

Bugs buzz around the torch's light and you can smell sulphur and hear the sound of bubbling. Loud croaks welcome you as you reach one of the bogs of the Fellows.

Alrik comes to a halt… "Follow my footsteps!" he says after picking up a long branch to test the ground before him.

 No.4231

>Nazom and Vitis, roll Dexterity -2!

 No.4232

>>4231  1d20 - 2 = 8!

 No.4233

>>4231
d20 - 2 = 9

 No.4234

File: 1474919397490.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>4232
>>4233
Success!

Without many issues you are able to follow Alrik as he slowly marches on, surely for another ten minutes, when suddenly the torch goes out! You stand in the dark, only the nightly stars and the moon giving some light.

 No.4235

1d20 = 16

 No.4236

>>4234
Good thing sleeves come in two!

>Rips the other sleeve off, now he has a sleeveless tunic.
d20 - 2 = 5

 No.4237

File: 1474919653693.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4236
You make another torch!

INFORMATION
———–
Dwarfs and elves can see fairly well in the dark! Alrik of course doesn't, he's a human.

 No.4238

>>4237
A'ight. Let's keep going. Lead the way Alrik.

 No.4239

File: 1474919829869.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

More time passes as Alrik, having grabbed the new torch, leads you through the bog. You think he has changed direction once or twice, heading more to the south now than the east.

It is a good thing you have him to lead there as he can tell from certain landmarks where he has to go and the light keeps the wild animals at bay. Still, you see them peaking out of pushes and from behind trees, grisly shadows in the dark with eyes glowing.

 No.4240

1d20 = 9

 No.4241

File: 1474919931877.jpg (89.5 KB, 777x598, 777:598, dash458.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

"We're almost there now… friend." He says at last. Just up ahead there, behind those thick bushes, is our hideout.

He steps to the side, making room for you and hands the torch to the elf.

 No.4242

>>4241
Alright, but let's take a peek at them. Don't want them aware we are here.

You know, since these guys betrayed you and you hate them, right?

 No.4243

File: 1474920074656.png (230.39 KB, 550x451, 50:41, dash417.png) ImgOps Google

>>4242
He nods and gives a smile, "You're right."

 No.4244

>waiting for ⛵

 No.4245

File: 1474920523901.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>4244  (sorry I had to leave for a minute)
>>4243  right, so let's teach 'em a lesson

 No.4246

File: 1474920685433.png (373.47 KB, 901x775, 901:775, dash384.png) ImgOps Google

"I'll stay behind here, don't want them to see me." Alrik says, squatting down at the edge of the bog.

Before you is a thick patch of thick, thorny bushes but you can propbably crawl through there if you are skilled enough.

>Roll Dexterity if you want to give it a try

 No.4247

>>4243
>>4245
Hold on! Let's take a look at what we're getting into.

Alric, do you know a place near the camp where we can get a good view of the place, and what can you tell us about it? Any juicy secrets these traitorus rats spilled to you?

 No.4248

File: 1474920823273.gif (334.79 KB, 300x300, 1:1, dash354.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4247
"They are most likely asleep at the moment, they surely didn't expect anyone following them in the middle of the night. And after the bruises they got in the fight they certainly haven't put up any guards. It's just a bunch of tents in the shallow ground behind those bushes."

 No.4249

File: 1474920872700.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4248  good enough for me!
>>4246  1d20 = 19!

 No.4250

>>4246
No, maybe too dangerous for you. Head back to town, ask for a job in the tavern and give up the life of banditry.

Or better yet, persue a career.
>Kneels down and sees if he can get into the bushes.
d20 = 18
Anything in life you particularly wanted to be Alrik?

 No.4251

>>4249
Ouch, that hurt! You take 1d6-2 damage from the thick, pointy thorns!

 No.4252

>>4251
1d6 - 2 = 2

 No.4253

>>4250
Ouch! More pain, you take 1d6 - 1 = 0 damage!

 No.4254

>>4253
>Lucky!

 No.4255

File: 1474921131776.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>Nazom and Vitis
You make it through the bushes even though you get caughty in the thorns, stinging the dwarf through the clothes but not his elven companion…

 No.4256

>>4251
> grumbles

 No.4257

>Vitis, roll for Intelligence!

 No.4258

>>4253
>It merely scratches him, but growing up in the forest, he had worse from nicer plants.

Me and Naz will take it from here. You… Well, just go and live a good and honest life. Do that thing you've always been telling me about, you know you have what it takes, just keep away from these guys and the criminal life, OK?

Me and Naz gotta save the day, you head back to town.

>Goes through the bushes.

>>4257
A'ight, let's be sneaky quiet.
d20 = 5

 No.4259

File: 1474921590419.png (146.31 KB, 419x436, 419:436, dash349.png) ImgOps Google

>>4258
Oh no! Way too late you realzine that BANNBALADIN only lasts for 15 minutes and you have been on the prowl through the Fallows for way over half an hour already!

You only hear Alrik's evil laugh coming from the other side of the bushes.

The both of you though, you see no camp or tents as you make it through the bushes and get out at the other side. You only see more swamp… or a pond of sorts with swamp water. In the middle stands a beautiful flower, its pedals wide open, shimmering in a dim purple color. A wonderful, tempting scent is in the air and suddenly… is that music? It beckons you, humming a tune that reminds you of home, of family. Wouldn't that be much nicer now that being in a swamp? Gentle the flower sways from left to right, the scent and song getting stronger.

>Roll for Courage +2!

 No.4260

>>4259
Wait… I know this… thats-
d20 + 2 = 5

 No.4261

File: 1474921737594.png (41.21 KB, 479x93, 479:93, SNAFU.png) ImgOps Google

>>4259  wait… wha?  1d20 + 2 = 13

 No.4262

File: 1474921998486.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4260
Suddenly, Vitis snaps out of it! The music sounds like a cacophony of strange sounds, the scent stinks of rot and death.

>>4261
Nazom though, gladly and slowly walks into the swampy pond towards the flower that plays the drums of his clan and beckons with his mother's shroom and garlic stew.

>Nazom: Roll Strength +2 to march on!

>Vitis, what are you doing now?

 No.4263

>Vitis, to learn about the plan, you must succed with Intelligence +7!

 No.4264

>>4262 …from the Mountainhome? 1d20 + 2 = 20!

 No.4265

>>4262
I think I know what that is…
d20 + 7 = 22

NO STOP!
>Tries to stop him.
d20 = 12

 No.4266

File: 1474922342665.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>>4264
Oh yes, from the Mountainhome… you want to get closer, but you can't! Your feet seem to have gotten stuck and you sink in, unable to move closer though you want to!

The flower opens its petals wide, shimmering in all colors like a big kaleidoscope! You cannot look away!

>Unless you succeed with Courage +4!

>>4265
But no, you have no clue what this flower is!

Feebly you try to get closer but fail!

>Roll Strength +1 to try again!

 No.4267

>>4266
(I'm not trying to get closer, I'm trying to save Naz.)

STOP NAZ! That flower is bad! Snap out of it!
d20 + 1 = 4

 No.4268

>>4267
>well, you have to move closer to get to him as he already walked in!

You are able to grab the dwarf, making it harder for him to move further!

 No.4269

>>4266  so beautiful 1d20 + 4 = 11

 No.4270

File: 1474922572644.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4269
Oh no! You are mesmerized… you do not see the numerous roots that lift up from below the surface, like tentacles of a plant… is that a human bone it drops that quickly sinks back into the bog?

>Roll Strength +4 to move further in! (or better fail!)

>Vitis, Roll Strength -2 to hold him back!

 No.4271

>>4268
>Struggles to keep him out of the swamp, and angry that "alrik" perhaps awoke the bandits by now and was getting a bit panicky for the situation he was in, wish he knew a burning spell to be rid of the flower.

OK, I'M SORRY. We should of done this your way even if I hated it, we wouldn't be in this mess if I wasn't such a pansy.

 No.4272

File: 1474922719009.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4269
>(woops, you passed the check!)

As you hear Vitis' voice you suddenly see clear! You see the tentacles creeping towards you… no longer you hear the the music, you are surrounded by the stench of death!

>Roll Strength +4 to get out instead!

 No.4273

>>4270
You got to stop this Naz, I want to save you, I want to do the right thing!
d20 - 2 = 3

W-wait! I know!

>Let's go and raise his hand towards Nazum.
FULMINICTUS!
-1MP

 No.4274

>>4270  and such stylish decorations 1d20 + 4 = 15

 No.4275

>>4272  er…  what is this horrid place!?  1d20 + 4 = 15

 No.4276

d20 - 2 = 5

>>4274
>>4275
Are you OK?

 No.4277

File: 1474922945288.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4274
>you feel a sting in your brain as if a bee stung you!

>>4275
You feel Vitis' strong hands as he pulls you towards him and slowly out of the bog!

>Nazom, roll Strength -4 to make it out now!

 No.4278

>>4277
>Vitis helps pull him out.

d20 = 5

 No.4279

File: 1474923038411.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4276  hah'krgrah pfthah
>>4277  1d20 - 4 = -3

 No.4280

>>4279
I'm sorry, you were totally out of it, I had to try and shock your mind to wake you up.

 No.4281

File: 1474923096287.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>4278
>>4279
Well done, you make it!

That was a close call! The flower closes its petals again, standing silent…the roots disappear under the surface of the muddy water. Everything is quiet, as if nothing had ever happened.

 No.4282

>>4281
>Sighs.
Shoulda listened to you, we wouldn't have been in this mess if we just had both the bandits sent back. And we wouldn't be stuck muddy and woozy of magic with that guy waking up the camp by now.

I just didn't want anyone to die or get hurt.

 No.4283

File: 1474923250568.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>4280  I… uh…  did you hear the music?  so familiar.  Where's Alrik?

 No.4284

>>4283
>roll a d20 and not higher than 12!

 No.4285

File: 1474923446983.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>4282  It's alright.  I actually thought you did pretty well (for an elf).
>>4284 1d20 = 4!

(I have to go for about 10-15 min)

 No.4286

>>4283
My charm over him failed just before we got in this mess. And after I've been so nice to him. Figure he'd be aware we cut him a break.
I should of let you do it your way, even if I didn't like it.

>>4285
For a dwarf I'm happy things haven't blown up yet. Think we can save the kid and finish this?

 No.4287

File: 1474923553073.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>4285
(Me too!)

>You can hear fast footsteps in the distance, and see the flickering light of the torch moving.

You can follow if you dare! But you need to make a Dexterity check to follow the tracks!

 No.4288

>>4287
Think you can be nimble for a dwarf?

 No.4289

File: 1474923943562.png (209.63 KB, 1280x864, 40:27, twi270.png) ImgOps Google

I'm afraid it's getting late and I need to head to bed. I hope you had fun. Maybe we can continue tomorrow.

 No.4290

Sure. Gotta get out of this mess and save that rich kid.

 No.4291

File: 1474928844025.jpg (276.96 KB, 738x550, 369:275, DF.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4286  There's always next time, and yeah, we can track that bastard down - no problem.
>>4288  What I lack in agility, I make up for in persistence.
>>4289  (Sorry that took a lot longer than I anticipated, but yeah, thanks again.  I'll be here tomorrow.)

 No.4292

File: 1474999089451.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

Hello again.

 No.4294

File: 1474999837189.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4292  good afternoon

 No.4295

File: 1474999919980.jpg (64.64 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi272.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4294
How are you? Everything OK on your end?

 No.4296

Epic Mount will be here in about an hour.

 No.4297

File: 1475000208808.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4295  here in an hour?  alright.  I'm doing ok; just editing videos.  How about you?  I will probably have to leave in about 2.5 hours.

 No.4298

File: 1475000325215.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4297
Time enough to get a little further. I'm alright, just watching some Youtube.

 No.4299

File: 1475000418255.jpg (59.25 KB, 670x509, 670:509, Dwarf_Fortress__Cheese_Art….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4298  What are you watching?  I was trying to get caught up on The Great War but I'm still about 10 videos behind.

 No.4300

File: 1475000572309.png (171.92 KB, 343x473, 343:473, twi267.png) ImgOps Google

>>4299
WW1? I've been watching some documentaries of it lately. I'm mostly watching old wrestling videos at the moment, heh.

 No.4301

I'm around, I just don't want to start just yet. Wanna make sure I got some RP fuel ready. Pizza and cola.

you both looking forward to October? We should have a spooky Halloween adventure.

 No.4302

File: 1475000737443.png (251.01 KB, 1092x626, 546:313, twi251.png) ImgOps Google

>>4301
We can do something spooky without Halloween cause there's no Halloween in Aventuria. But you have to survive this adventure first!

 No.4303

File: 1475000949889.png (472.99 KB, 1000x1700, 10:17, pony_fortress_by_khorme-d6….png) ImgOps Google

>>4300  how old?  like 80s?  90s?
The Great War (YouTube channel) follows the developments 100 years ago each week.  It's a really cool series, and it's a little over 2 years into the war.
>>4301  mmm, I haven't been much into Holloween in a while.  but in spirit yes.  I'm about to make some coffee, too.
>>4302  Losing is Fun!

 No.4304

File: 1475001018049.jpg (518.57 KB, 1600x1600, 1:1, twi162.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4303
I'm 39. Watching 80s and early 90s wrestling.

 No.4305

>>4302
What about the "Day of the Nameless One"? Yeah I did my homework.

>>4303
It be fun. We could deal with a vampire, werewolf or lich king!

 No.4306

File: 1475001170157.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>4304  Oh cool; that seems like the golden age of wrestling.  I didn't realize you were older than me, or maybe I just forgot.  :P

 No.4307

>>4305  or die trying

 No.4308

>>4305
Yes, that's what I was thinking of. I got a small adventure during that period.

>>4307
That's the spirit!

>>4306
Yes, it was my favorite time.

 No.4309

>>4308
What about Tairachs holiday? Isn't he the death and at times undeath god?

>>4307
We nearly died in the swamp.

 No.4310

File: 1475001355304.png (363.59 KB, 1141x711, 1141:711, twi41.png) ImgOps Google

>>4309
He's an Orc god, he has no holidays. A proper hero believes in Boron, the God of Death and Sleep. He has days dedicated to him but he's a good God so nothing scary happens.

 No.4311

>>4310
What is Aventuria's equivilent to the common hplidays like Halloween and Christmas?

 No.4312

>>4311
There are none.

 No.4313

>>4312
Really? Isn't there a "Day of Joy" and "Day of Feast"?

 No.4314

File: 1475001630748.png (335.34 KB, 705x401, 705:401, twi48.png) ImgOps Google

>>4313
There are dozens and dozens of different holidays in all different countries but nothing you could compare to Christmas or Halloween.

 No.4315

File: 1475001704994.jpg (173.34 KB, 737x810, 737:810, Sad foal Epic.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4314
What a sad and lonely world Aventuria is… a world without a winter holiday to remind it's denizens that no matter how cold or harsh the world is, we will always have each other together through the ice, snow and wind.

 No.4316

File: 1475001883579.png (81.11 KB, 327x341, 327:341, twi151.png) ImgOps Google

>>4315
Winter is the season of fewest holidays. At best there's a holiday in which you pray to Firun, the God of Winter and the Hunt that it's not going to be too harsh. Or much rather to his daughter Ifirn who loves man and is the only one to lessen her father's wintery fury.

 No.4317

>>4316
You'd think Firun would become the Santa Claus of Aventuria by now. It's what happened to Odin.

Heck Ifirn sounds like a great equivilent. The "Frost Mother Ifirn", delivers gifts to children and prepares a feast for the families of hunters and woodsmen.

 No.4318

>>4317
All you get from Firun is a death in the snow or you get cursed for being a bad hunter who disrespects the prey.

 No.4319


 No.4320

File: 1475002331086.png (79.05 KB, 228x228, 1:1, twi147.png) ImgOps Google

>>4319
Nope, none at all. Of course there are holidays, there's dozens of holidays… for Saints, to commemorate important dates, for all sorts of things. But nothing for 'gift giving' or 'telling spooky stories'.

 No.4321

>>4320
Thats kinda sad.

At least we could have adventures that better embodiment the spirit of Halloween and Christmas, like taking down a lich king or a vampire lord who is powerful every late October.

 No.4322

File: 1475003291230.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

To sum things up, you used a spell to get a bandit to lead you to their hideout. But the spell lost its potency and he led you to a trap before fleeing. You escaped the deadly trap.

In order to follow Alrik's footsteps that he left in the bog, you need to roll for Dexterity!

 No.4323

File: 1475003532949.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>4322  1d20 = 12!

 No.4324

>>4322
d20 = 5
>Naz and Vitis work together to track, with successful rolls.

 No.4325

File: 1475003806563.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>4323
>>4324
You use your skills and indeed manage to step carefully into the footprings left behind by Alrik. The highway man seems to know his way around indeed as you make it slowly north again, away from the dreadful flower that almost spelled your doom.

After a good 15 minutes of carefully walking, listening to the sounds of toads and nocturnal birds as your only company, you see a dark shadow ahead, tall and foreboding, easily 25 meters in hight! A tower! Before it burns a dim light and you can hear hushed voices.

 No.4326

>>4325
>Tries to creep closer and over-hear any conversations.

 No.4327

File: 1475003955996.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4326
You are on firm ground again, you have left the swamp behind you so it is no problem for you to crawl on all fours.

But in order to get closer unseen, you need to roll for Dexterity again!

 No.4328

>>4327
d20 = 3

 No.4329

>>4323
What are you doing in the meantime?

 No.4330

>>4327
>goes around the side as quietly as possible
1d20 = 10!

 No.4331

File: 1475004319668.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>4328
You creep closer and see four robbers, some bandage, talking to each other. One of them is Alrik. He laughs and explains how he led you to your doom at the hands of the demonic flower! They all laugh, all but one who even expresses pity for dying at the hands of the flower is supposed to be a horrible fate.

>>4330
As you sneak behind to the other side you reach the back of the dark tower. It is tall indeed, certainly centuries old, made out of rough stone. And lo! At the back is a big crack in the wall, big enough for you to even climb through!

 No.4332

File: 1475004485974.jpg (70.92 KB, 977x544, 977:544, loudroom.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4331
>climb through crack

 No.4333

File: 1475004602506.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4332
There is a dim light shining from inside and the crack itself is in two meters height. Old rubbles lies there which you could climb up to reach the crack.

>Roll Dexterity +2

Optionally, you could look look around more closely and learn more about the tower.

 No.4334

>>4331
>Comes up with an idea and starts grabbing bits of dead foliage from the floor and some swamp muck to make a makeshift monster costume.

 No.4335

File: 1475004760141.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4334
Gathering those things takes you a few minutes. Also, you want to do so quietly, roll Dexterity -3!

In order to make a fancy costume that could probably scare this robber lot, you need to make a successful Intelligence roll! The better it is, the more likely it will fool them.

 No.4336

File: 1475004863219.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>4333
>x rubble
>x tower

 No.4337

>>4336
Was I too unclear? There's a crack in the tower at 2 m height. When the back wall was broken the rubble fell to the ground and is now forming sort of slop leading up to said crack.

 No.4338

>>4335
>Vitis wasn't after quality, just enough to pass off as terrifying. Even if they recognise him, they'll probably think Vitis has come back as a vengeful spirit of sorts.

d20 - 3 = 13

>Shoddy or not, he was still satisfied with his makeshift work and started to prepare for the show. He covers himself wit the costume and appeaches the guards from the darkness.

d20 = 1

 No.4339

File: 1475005070295.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, linkdragon.png) ImgOps Google

>>4337  (maybe I misunderstood what you meant by
>Optionally, you could look look around more closely and learn more about the tower.
)
>1d20 = 4 to climb through the crack!

 No.4340

File: 1475005337559.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4338
That was a close call! You had to stop once as for a moment you thought they had heard you! But you manage to pick up the foliage and muck and manage to make an astounding costume out of it! It looks amazing!

>>4339
Ah, sorry. I meant instead of climbing right in you could give the tower a closer look!

All in all, the tower is round, 25 meters in height, having a diameter of about 9 meters. In the front is a large, wooden gate that is closed. At the back is the crack. The only windows you see are arrow holes. In what you guess is the first floor you see light.

>Success!

You climb up to the crack. As you peek inside you see that the basement floor is 6 meters high, above you is the wooden platform of the first floor. A large stairway of stone leads up to it.

There is no one in sight, a small latern gives a little light, hanging on the wall. You see man crates and barrels of varous sizes.

There is also a trapdoor in the middle of the floor. And the large, barred regular entrance door to the tower.

 No.4341

>>4340
TO SUM IT UP
————
TOWER GROUND FLOOR
>entrance gate (barred with a wooden beam)
>trap door (closed, has a lock)
>many barrels and crates
>stairway leading up
>small lantern on the wall

 No.4342

>>4340
>Vitis put on the costume and caused the bushes to begin rustling, he went onto the main path from the darkest area he can find and quickly approaches the robbers, making long winded grunting and wheezing noises. In true horror fashion, he darts his vission towards the robbers, his eyes falling onto Alrik.

 No.4343

>>4342
>roll for Charisma to be particularly creepy!

 No.4344

>>4343
d20 = 1RRAAARRWRWR

 No.4345

File: 1475005708850.png (47.79 KB, 194x229, 194:229, in_abundance.png) ImgOps Google

>>4340
> Nazom quickly examine the barrels and the trapdoor, then looks out the various arrow holes to see how Vitis is doing.

 No.4346

>>4342
>>4344
Your performance is as scary as is your costume! Scary in a good way! The eyes of highwaymen fall on you and they start to shiver in fear. They look at each other, then back at you, then…

Robber A(lrik) 1d20 + 12 = 25
Robber B 1d20 + 12 = 25
Robber C 1d20 + 12 = 21
Robber D 1d20 + 12 = 29

 No.4347

File: 1475005789822.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4346
… they all run as quickly as they can. They scream in fear, running away into the dark of the night. Soon they are out of sight and you hear no sound of them anymore.

 No.4348

>>4347
I AM A WOODLE! AND I WANT THE ONE CALED ALRIK!

>Realised they've all fled in terror.

Oh well, I hope they heard that at least.

 No.4349

File: 1475005930009.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>4345
You open a barrel or two, they contain drinking water and one beer.

The trapdoor lock is simple and can be opened with brute force or with skill by picking it.

As you look outside you can hear the screams of the bandits as they run away! You see a terrible looking monster stepping into the light!

>Roll for Courage!

 No.4350

File: 1475006022193.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>4349
> Nazom chugs the beer!
> liquid courage for 1d20 = 13

 No.4351

>>4350
>Still in the Woodle costume.
Now what do I do?
>Tries the door.

 No.4352

File: 1475006157769.gif (3.92 MB, 335x248, 335:248, twi214.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4350
Aaah! The beer is refreshing … but it's just small beer, watery and made to last, not to taste!

>Failure!

You feel your legs shake and your courage fails you! A muck monster has crept out of the swamp, twigs and branches and leafs are its hair and beard!

>>4351
And it starts rattling at the barred door!

 No.4353

>>4352
>Mutters under his breath.
Gods dammit.
>Starts slamming at the door, trying to break it open.

>Strength roll d20 = 1
(Even if a successful roll is pointless to such a sturdy door, just funny how I imagine it for Naz.)

 No.4354

File: 1475006290645.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

>>4352
>Nazom hides in an empty(ied) barrel!

 No.4355

File: 1475006449000.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>4354
You hear the monster talking as you hide in the barrel! Does that voice sound familiar?

>roll for Intelligence!

>>4353
You slam against the door and it aches under your strength! But it remains shut!


"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON DOWN THERE?!" You suddenly hear a male voice and you hear fast footsteps upstairs!

 No.4356

>>4355  that sounds like…  1d20 = 8

 No.4357

>>4355
>"The Woodle" can hear the noise of someone approaches and tries to hide behind the door like a cheeky child.

 No.4358

File: 1475006681897.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>>4356
Indeed, it sounds like Vitis the elf! He is the muck monster in disguise!

>>4357
You hide behind the door.


"COME ON LADS, SEARCH THE AREA!" You hear a harsh, male voice as three figures appear, two men who is taller than the others and has a stubbly beard and a face only a mother could love. He seems to be leader ofthe lot, wearing a sharp saber at this side.

>Nazom and Vitis, what are you doing?

 No.4359

>>4358
*…two men and one woman. One man is taller…

 No.4360

>>4358
>Vitis hides behind the door as the three guards leave and begin exploring the forest area. He tries to enter the tower soon after while the guards are spread out and distracted.

 No.4361

File: 1475006959009.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4358
> gets out of the barrel and removes the bar from the gate 1d20 = 3

 No.4362

>>4360
OK scratch that last post…

The Woodle, feeling confident about it's scariness, looks through the window.

 No.4363

>>4361
You do? Now for that you have to be…

"WHAT IN THE WORLD! GET THAT DWARF!" you hear an angry shout and the man and woman come rushing down the stairsways, swinging their clubs.

… fast! Roll Dexterity -2 to get out of the barrel and Strength to lift the heavy bar!

>>4360
They are still inside the tower! :P

 No.4364

>>4362
>you peek through the thin arrow hole, much too small for you to get through - but you see what is going on! Nazom tries to get out of the barrel while two bandits try to get to him!

 No.4365

File: 1475007119617.png (41.21 KB, 479x93, 479:93, SNAFU.png) ImgOps Google

>>4363  (oh I misunderstood that part, but oh well…)
1d20 - 2 = 4 1d20 = 8!

 No.4366

File: 1475007237225.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>>4365
>double success!

You get out of the barrel with ease and use your dwarven strength to open the door! Now you could leave the tower safely!

The two bandits have just reached the bottom of the stairs so you are a good 9 meters away from them. In the meantime, their leader calls for reinforcements from upstairs!

 No.4367

>>4364
>I start pounding on the glass making monster noises, in hopes to scare and/or distract the guards so Naz can take an advantage.

>Scariness roll d20 = 11

 No.4368

File: 1475007430600.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4367
A good thought! But the arrow hole is so small (and has no glass) that they don't even notice you properly, even though they hear your strange sounds. They have no time to worry about it, chasing after the dwarf!

 No.4369

File: 1475007463380.gif (9.84 KB, 320x128, 5:2, dwarfattack.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4367  yells to Vitis "What the hell are you doing?"
>>4366  throws the (non-throwing) dagger at one of the bandits

 No.4370

>>4369
>roll for Dexterity +2!

 No.4371

>>4370  1d20 + 2 = 16!

 No.4372

>>4371
>it clatters to the ground, missing its target

The bandits are almost in attack range!

 No.4373

>>4368
>>4369
>Peering through the arrow gaps.
Dammit, I can see Naz in trouble, but I gotta help… wait… I have an idea.

Naz! I need the rope! It could probably fit through the window!

 No.4374

File: 1475007693846.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4373
He says, ignoring the open door…

 No.4375

File: 1475007705081.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>4373  "What!?  Try the door!"
>>4372
>rushes the bandits and attacks with his short sword

 No.4376

>>4375
>you have higher Courage, you go first! Roll your attack and potential damage!

 No.4377

>>4376
1d20 = 15 and 1d6 + 2 = 4?!

 No.4378

>>4374
>>4375
Gods dammit…

>"The Woodle" makes his entrance through the door as scary as he can.
d20 = 2 (Charisma roll)
>Though he doubt he would be as scary with the current commotionbn.

 No.4379

>>4377
>oh no, you miss!

>>4378
Suddenly, a muck monster stands in the wide open door!

Male bandit 1d20 + 6 = 14
Female bandit 1d20 + 6 = 14
Their leader 1d20 + 4 = 24

 No.4380

File: 1475008045602.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>4379
For a short moment there is silence… then the bandits run as if an arch demon was behind them. Their leader pushes the others aside as he wants to be upstairs first!

As they gnash their teeth and pull their hair you can hear the slamming the trapdoor upstairs shut, you hear the creaking of furniture as they probably try to board it all up, hiding in the upstair part of the tower where the muck monster won't get them.

 No.4381

SUMMARY:
——–
Seeing the muck monster the bandits ran back upstairs where they barricaded themselves in.

 No.4382

>>4380
Oh crap that really worked? I-I mean I AM A WOODLE! YOU HAVE ANGERED ME WITH YOUR DESECRATION… GIVE ME WHAT I CAME FOR!

 No.4383

>>4382  You never cease to amaze…  Maybe this would be a good time to check the basement.

 No.4384

File: 1475008349226.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4382
Your only answer is the creaking of the wooden boards upstairs and the loud rattling of a crate being placed on the trap door to barricade it properly.

 No.4385

>>4384
The trapdoor on top of the stairs that is, not the trap door leading to the basement.

 No.4386

File: 1475008431076.jpg (80.19 KB, 709x625, 709:625, Dwarf_35541c_5698177.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4385  (oh, never mind…)

 No.4387

File: 1475008462142.png (1.58 MB, 1280x1024, 5:4, Woodle.png) ImgOps Google

>>4383
>Lifts up his mask and whispers.
You go ahead and do that, I will see what I can get out of these lot.

>Puts his mask back on.
>>4384
HERE ME MORTALS, FOR YOU HAVE ANGERED THE WOODLE, AND I WILL NOT BE APPEASED UNTIL YOU DO AS I SAY!

 No.4388

File: 1475008566837.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4387
"GO AWAY, EVIL SPIRIT!" You hear a raspy female voice!

>roll for Charisma +4 this time! And be careful, monsters don't talk. - While they are scared you might blow your cover!

 No.4389

File: 1475008661763.png (6.81 KB, 640x400, 8:5, hello_sailor.png) ImgOps Google

>>4385
>>4387
(I actually have to go now.  will be gone about 6 hours, but you can continue without me if you like.  just assume I'm doing stupid/rash things in support of Vitis.  Have a good one!)

 No.4390

File: 1475008740038.gif (66.08 KB, 360x360, 1:1, twi54.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4389
(Nah, it's a good time to stop as I have to head to bed soon anyway. Thanks for joining again and see you soon!)

 No.4391

>>4388
>d20 + 4 = 21
I DEMAND SACRIFICE! GIVE ME THE MORTAL YOU STOLEN, I DEMAND TO TAKE HIM FOR MYSELF!
>Starts banging at the trapdoor, making "monster noises"
I WONT 'IM ALIVE! SO THAT I CAN EAT HIS FLESH FOR MESELF!

 No.4392

>>4391
"GO AWAY BEFORE … BEFORE WE COME DOWN, YOU STUPID MONSTER!" you hear another voice and the others seem to agree, gathering the courage.

 No.4393

(I know ⛵ and Clarity are not onlone, but I got an idea and don't wanna forget it when I wake up.)

>>4392
>Makes a minor monster growl, but decided not to provoke the Bandits… yet.

Hey Naz, give me the rope you have, I have an idea.
>But decided in order to expand his options for this particular idea, decided to quickly look around the tower room for equipment or junk he could perhaps use for this scheme.

(With my crafty schemes, I should consider playing Rogue class in future RPs, Though I imagine Rogues using more underhanded methods such as poisoning and theivery for personal gain than for heroic reaosns.

Just my successfully scary Woogle costume and what I have in mind boarders Looney Tunes like trickery.)

 No.4395

>>4393  sure, knock yourself out
> hands over the rope

 No.4396

>Sorry Epic, I cannot draw you a map, I got no program for that. I draw my RPG maps by hand but have no means to properly scan it for you, they are simply too large. So you’ll have to make do with a description.


GROUND FLOOR – MORE DETAILED

It is 6 meters high and has a diameter of 9 meters. The circular floor is made of hard stone. Some spots are covered with dry straw. The walls themselves are made of large, rough stones that have turned black over the years. They are cold and slightly damp to the touch. The walls show no signs of ornamenting.

The tower’s large entrance gate (3 meters high) is open; the wooden beam that kept it closed leans on the wall next to it. At the back wall opposite to the gate is a large crack in the wall in 2 meters height, large enough for a tall man to climb through.

The floor above you is made out of wood and strengthened by four large wooden support beams. A staircase at the inside wall, barely 2 meters wide and having no railing, leads up to it. A trap door (2 x 2 meters) is the entrance to the upper floor itself, it is currently closed.

There are four arrow holes on the ground floor, each about 1 meter high and 0.1 meters wide.

In the middle of the room is another trap door (1.5 x 1.5 meters), leading down into the basement. It is made of wood and reinforced with iron. There is a small lock preventing you from opening it.

A small oil lantern burning with a relative dim light hangs on an iron ring at the bottom of the stairs.

Twenty large barrels stand huddled to the left of the entrance gate at the wall. Three of the barrels are open, containing small beer and drinking water. A fourth barrel is open and empty.

Last, there are a good twenty crates and chests of various sizes (up to 1 x 1 m) and another ten large cloth bags that seems to contain flour. They were placed in no apparent order against the inside walls.

 No.4398

>>4396
OK heres my plan:

1. I'll take one of the bags of flour and put my Woodle costume around it filling it out nicely.
2. With the rope, I tie the flourbag+woodle costume and throw the rope over one of the support beams above us. I can then dangle the Woodle making it appear alive.
3. I dim the lights in the lantern making our little sherade less recognisable. I'll stand in the darkest part of the room so I can dangle the Woodle.
4. We put one or two of these chests on the stairs. Make it easier for them to trip once they come down.
5. For good measure, you Naz will stand behind the stairs. If you can, reach around and grab at their legs to make sure they trip up once they come down stairs.
6. If this plan is pulled off, they would come a tumbling. They would either be knocked out from the fall or disorientated long enough for us to knock 'em out. I'd prefer we don't kill them so we can use this empty barrel to hold them.

 No.4399

File: 1475071085606.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4398  "That sounds like a terrible plan…  Alright, let's do it!"

 No.4400

>>4399
>Vitis quickly gets to work putting his plan together. Getting the lightest flourbag he can find, putting his make-shift costume around it and throws one end of the rope over one of the support beams before tying it to the flourbag to it, he pulled the rope to make the bag and monster costume lift up into the air.

 No.4401

File: 1475073995194.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4398
>>4400
The lightest flour bag you find still weighs 10 kgs (20+ lbs), they are large and heavy.
Also, your "costume" - while well made for how you made it - is nothing but foliage and muck stuck on your own clothes. So you have to put them out. Being fully improvised it is close to falling apart.

>Roll Dexterity to put it on the bag

 No.4402

>>4401
*take them off (not put them out)

 No.4403

File: 1475074123829.png (1.58 MB, 1280x1024, 5:4, Woodle.png) ImgOps Google

>>4401
>Vitis puts his costume and whats left of his shirt onto the flourbag.
d20 = 4

 No.4404

File: 1475074231424.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4403
The support beams are 5 meters above you, even when standign on the stairway. Throwing that 10 kilo weight (plust the rope) will be quite a task. What is more, if you don't throw properly the costume might fall off in mid-air.

>roll for Strength +4
>roll for Dexterity +2

 No.4405

File: 1475074450580.png (314.92 KB, 560x648, 70:81, Epic Mount whut face by Bl….png) ImgOps Google

>>4404
>Of course Vitis was not stupid to throw the flour and costume over the beam… so instead he tied his sword, a small brick or whatever light yet fairly weight junk onto the other end of the rope and throw that over the support beam instead, this way not to risk ruining the costume.

 No.4406

>>4405
>roll for Strength -1
>roll for Dexterity +2

 No.4407

>>4406
Strength d20 - 1 = 2
Dex d20 + 2 = 8

 No.4408

File: 1475074845737.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4407
You pull the bag with the costume up and fasten the rope to one of the crates so it won't fall down again.

The light is dimmed already as the oil lamp is old and there's little oil left. You can either leave it as it is or put it out altogether.

Naz has no means to trip anyone, he has no means to reach up the stairways unless he tries to do so at the last few steps.

You find the smallest chests and place them on the stairs. You cannot use bigger ones as they would just go tumbling and sliding down.

 No.4409

File: 1475075145256.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

> chugs some more beer

 No.4410

>>4408
>>4409
OK Naz, do you think you can crouch down near the steps? If they don't trip up from the chest we put in the way then you need to make sure they fall.

I tried putting as much junk as I can on the steps but it may not be enough.

 No.4411

File: 1475075307665.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>4410  sure, just give me a moment.
> downs another beer

 No.4412

File: 1475075320999.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

It's gotten quiet up there.

 No.4413

>>4411
If they manage to get down the stairs, you can jump them as they will be after the Woodle.

OK, ready?

>>4412
>Starts making growling noise.
I AM A WOODLE, TWICE AS TERRIBLE AS A TROLL AND I DEMAND YOU TO LEAVE MY FOREST!

GRAAGH I WILL TAKE ALL THIS TREASURE HERE FOR MESELF!

d20 = 19
>Knows that these bandits are getting gutsy and will not be intimidated by "the Woodle" for much long,he was counting it.

 No.4414

>>4413
1d20 - 5 = 5

 No.4415

>>4413  ready!  *burp*
> gets into position

 No.4416

>>4413
You can hear voices and shouting upstairs, though too far off to properly listen to them.

After a few moments the trap door upstairs opens… two arrows come flying down!

1d20 + 5 = 22
1d20 + 5 = 15

 No.4417

>>4416
Random roll … high is bad for the heroes (probably). 1d20 = 12

 No.4418

>>4416
>>4417
>The arrows missed the heroes (Did they?) but Vitis knew he had to convince them to come down. He tried to sound like a wounded monster.

AWWOOWOOOWOO YOU FOUL MORTALS! AWWOWOOWOO
(Charisma I guess d10 = 2)

 No.4419

File: 1475075910248.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

The arrows hit their marks, hitting the stone wall, breaking of their tips.

Two bandits, the large man who is supposedly their leader and a woman, having a bad scar on her face and dirty blonde hair slowly move down. They both wield sabers and peek into the darkness, stopping half way on the stairs.

Spot check: 1d20 + 6 = 12
Spot check: 1d20 + 6 = 20

 No.4420

File: 1475075995737.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4418
>>4419
"AH! THERE IT IS, FLOATING ON THE CEILING!" The man suddenly shouts!

Courage check:1d20 + 7 = 10
Courage check:1d20 + 7 = 17

 No.4421

>>4420
While the woman runs back upstairs and shouts for the others to close the "damn trap door!" the tall man throws a few blind, wild attacks at the Woodle!

1d20 = 20 1d6 + 3 = 5
1d20 = 7 1d6 + 3 = 8

 No.4422

>>4421
POOF! The bag is struck by his second stroke, flour pour out, muck and twigs fly in all directions!

1d20 + 3 = 4

 No.4423

File: 1475076199316.png (100.27 KB, 383x383, 1:1, trixie15.png) ImgOps Google

>>4422
"HA… HA HA! … I GOT IT!" He shouts loudly… "I think I killed it!"

 No.4424

>>4422
>Vitis lowered the woodle close to the ground while still tugging the rope a bit to make it look like it's still alive.

AWWOWOWOO, YO-YOU CANNOT KILL ME
>Tries to make rasping dying noise.
NO MERE MORTAL CAN DEFEAT ME.

 No.4425

File: 1475076443487.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>4424
>roll for Charisma

>NAZOM: Flour comes down and tickles your nose! Quickly roll for Strength -2 not to sneeze!

 No.4426

>>4425
I SHALL COME FOR YOU MORTAL, I CANNOT BY KILLED BY MORTAL MEANS!
d20 = 11

 No.4427

File: 1475076537949.gif (261.19 KB, 562x562, 1:1, dash265.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4425  1d20 - 2 = 7

 No.4428

>>4427
Well done!

>>4426
1d20 + 1 = 16

 No.4429

>>4428
1d20 = 2

 No.4430

File: 1475076676678.gif (1.01 MB, 305x474, 305:474, trixie24.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4426
"BY THE GODS! MY BLOWS DO NOTHING!" he shouts in fear, does another feeble swing at thin air and bolts back upstairs, hits his head on the trap door his friends where about to close again but makes it back safely.

Again you hear furniture being moved onto the trap door.

 No.4431

>>4426  whispers, "so… did that go as well as you hoped?"

 No.4432

File: 1475076836580.png (59.7 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Epic Mount is not amused.png) ImgOps Google

>>4430
For Gods sake- IT ONLY TAKES THE PUREST STEEL TO DESTROY ME, AND ONCE MY STRENGTH RETURNS NO DOOR SHALL HOLD ME!

AFTER I RECOVER… FROM THIS WEAKENED STATE…

Charisma d20 = 2
>Starting to think this plan is a bust.

These guys are too stupid to be fooled.

 No.4433

File: 1475076913878.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

You hear shouts of fear that slowly get fainter, the foot steps get fainter too. Apparently the bandits are heading up to the second floor, another trap door can be hear being slammed shut.

 No.4434

>>4433
>Drops whats left of the costume and muttered a foul word under his breath.

YOU FOOLS ARE TOO STUPID TO FOOL!

 No.4435

File: 1475077010956.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4432  I'm going to see what's down below.
> tries to break the lock on the basement trapdoor 1d20 = 8

 No.4436

>>4435
Yeah, alright. I'll see if I can come up with another plan.
>Takes apart the Woodle and collects the rope.

>Step outside and looks to see if there was one of those "Rapunzel" windows.

 No.4437

File: 1475077225702.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4434
>no answer

>>4435
You hit the lock hard ant it rattles, showing a crack. You need to hit it again with a little more power!

>>4436
Just more arrow holes, similar to the ones on the ground floor.

 No.4438

>>4437
Decides to try something and shouts up to the tower as loud a she can.
WE KILLED THE MONSTER! IT'S BLEEDING PRECIOUS RUBIES!!! YAY!!!!
MINE! IT'S ALL MINE!

(Charisma I guess) d20 = 14

Pfft, that won't work.

 No.4439

>>4438
>no answer

 No.4440

File: 1475077453109.jpg (45.22 KB, 800x457, 800:457, dig_damn_you.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4437
> hits it using his hammer and chisel 1d20 = 2!
> and grabs his dagger off the floor

 No.4441

>>4439
Well, if we can't go up, might as well try and go down.
>Goes back inside.

>>4440
Anyway to get into that trapdoor? If he's not down there, there maybe something in there that will get us up.

 No.4442

File: 1475077524826.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>4440
Very smart, that gives you a bonus… but you didn't need it!

>shoot, hoped you'd foget about the dagger! :P

With a loud crack the lock comes apart. You can safely open the trap door now.

 No.4443

File: 1475077671744.jpg (16.25 KB, 640x480, 4:3, grue.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4441
>>4442
aye, let's have a look.  grab that lamp, would you?
> opens the trapdoor

 No.4444

>>4443
>Takes the lamp, increase the brightness and goes down.

 No.4445

File: 1475077740870.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>4443
Moldy old air blows into your face as a pitch dark hole opens up before you. There's a ladder, stable… but you see no bottom.

 No.4446

>>4444
>follows about 6 rungs behind

 No.4447

>>4445
>Goes a mere few steps down while holding onto the floor of the tower floor and tries to reach the lantern out into the room as far as he can extend it.

 No.4448

File: 1475077941684.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4444
>>4446
You daringly climb down. You feel nothing around you, nothing below you but darkness. The lamp is too dim to make you see anything but darkness around you!

>roll for Dexterity -2 to climb down further - and safely!

 No.4449

File: 1475077979745.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>4448  1d20 - 2 = 11?

 No.4450

>>4448
d20 - 2 = 15, but still making sure he can easily back up if anything goes awry.

See anything?

Anyone down here? Oh, forgot the name who we were looking for…

 No.4451

File: 1475078109962.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4450
You say before a shriek escapes your lips! You miss a step, with only one hand free this is dangerous!

>roll Courage +2 not to drop the lamp!
>roll Dexterity to hold on to the ladder and prevent a fall!

>>4449
Well done!

 No.4452

>>4451
SHIT!
>Grabs for the tower floor.
d20 + 2 = 5
d20 = 2

 No.4453

>>4452
That was a close call… you still got the lamp and you didn't fall!

 No.4454

File: 1475078239383.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4452  maybe we could tie the lamp to the rope and lower it to get some idea of what's down there first…

 No.4455

>>4453
>Tries to get as stable as he can as he sat down on the steps.
HELLO!?

 No.4456

>>4454
Good idea.
>Ties rope to lamp and carefully lowers the lamp into the pit, careful not to have the lamp swing and hit any walls.

 No.4457

File: 1475078347378.png (18.81 KB, 321x375, 107:125, cmca8.png) ImgOps Google

>>4456
You almost run out of rope as finally the lamp reaches the ground in about 8 meters depth.

>>4455
"H… hello?"

 No.4458

>>4457
>Hears someone calling.
HELLO? WHO'S THERE? COME TOWARDS THE LIGHT… JUST DON'T TAKE IT, IT'S ALL WE HAVE RIGHT NOW.

 No.4459

>>4457  Are you hurt?

 No.4460

File: 1475078471275.png (65.94 KB, 187x240, 187:240, cmca41.png) ImgOps Google

>>4458
"My name is Liscer Telpers. I can't …. I'm locked up down here! Who is this? Can you help me?"

 No.4461

>>4459
"No… I'm fine, they didn't hurt me!"

 No.4462

>>4460
Hold on…
>With the tied lantern to the rope now on the ground and the other end of the rope with him, tries to find somewhere he can secure it to.

 No.4463

File: 1475078584964.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4460  We're here to rescue you.  Is there anyone else down there?
>>4458  I bet I can get him out.  Can you tie that rope around me and hold it so I don't fall off the ladder going down?

 No.4464

>>4462
You can tie the rope to a rung of the ladder.

 No.4465

File: 1475078646102.png (163.16 KB, 400x400, 1:1, cmca36.png) ImgOps Google

>>4463
"No! They moved me down here and locked me up. No one was here since then but me."

 No.4466

>>4464
>>4463
Better idea, I'll tie the rope to the ladder and one of us goes down. Think you can go down and help him?

 No.4467

>>4463
>>4466
You can still use the rope as extra help in climbing that way.

 No.4468

>>4466  that works…
>waits for Vitis to tie off the rope and then starts to climb down 1d20 = 16

 No.4469

File: 1475078809971.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4468
Thanks to the rope you got it easier… roll again, Dexterity -4 this time. ;P

 No.4470

>>4468
>Stays at the cellar entrance. It be awkward if bandits find them like this and cuts the rope if both of them are down there.

 No.4471

File: 1475078844934.png (47.79 KB, 194x229, 194:229, in_abundance.png) ImgOps Google

>>4469  1d20 - 4 = 13!?

 No.4472

File: 1475078928455.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4471
Oh no! That rope made you way too comfortable and you tangle yourself in it and are about to plummit to your doom!

Quickly roll Dexterity again to hold on!

 No.4473

File: 1475078998561.png (41.21 KB, 479x93, 479:93, SNAFU.png) ImgOps Google

>>4472  1d20 = 18!!

 No.4474

>>4473
You alright down there?

 No.4475

>>4474  AIIIEEE!!!!!!!

 No.4476

>>4473
Oh no! You try in vain to hold on and fall!

>>4475
Quickly roll Dexterity +5 for a last chance to hold on to a rung or the rope while falling!

 No.4477

>>4475
>For some reason, decides to shake the rope violently hoping it will help.
d20 = 18

 No.4478

File: 1475079143020.jpg (13.79 KB, 206x245, 206:245, losing_is_fun.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4476  1d20 + 5 = 18!!

 No.4479

File: 1475079191027.jpg (111.33 KB, 517x342, 517:342, twi195.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4478
With a loud thud you land on the hard floor!

Roll 5d6-5 damage!

 No.4480

File: 1475079314405.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google

>>4479  5d6 - 5 = 8~~

 No.4481

>>4480
>wow, that was a lucky roll!

 No.4482

File: 1475079373818.png (1019 B, 320x416, 10:13, happy_dwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>4481  ow….

 No.4483

File: 1475079377801.png (65.94 KB, 187x240, 187:240, cmca41.png) ImgOps Google

>>4480
"By the gods… are you okay? Please move…"

 No.4484

>>4480
You alright? Did that helped?

 No.4485

>>4482
You're down to 17 HP (of your 35).

 No.4486

File: 1475079485634.jpg (150.33 KB, 916x950, 458:475, elvenking-1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4483  I'm….  fine…  never better…
>groans and sits up slowly
>>4484
>grumbles "tie the rope to the ladder he says…"
>takes a moment to collect himself before attending to Liscer

 No.4487

1d20 = 7

 No.4488

File: 1475079574643.gif (2.37 MB, 320x176, 20:11, Wayne-Double-Thumbs-Up-Way….gif) ImgOps Google

>>4486
>Is glad to be of "help" to his friend as he thumbs up.

 No.4489

File: 1475079703514.png (18.41 KB, 648x451, 648:451, zork2.png) ImgOps Google

>grabs the lamp and examines his surroundings

 No.4490

File: 1475079707125.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>VITIS: Roll for Intelligence +4

>>4486
You are inside a large, damp, moldy basement. In front you is a big, sturdy wooden door with a lock, looking more complex than the one on the trap door. Through a small barred hole in it you can see Liscer.

There is also a hallway at the opposite side of the door, leading further down in a gentle slope.

 No.4491

>>4490
d20 + 4 = 17

 No.4492

File: 1475079780435.jpg (45.22 KB, 800x457, 800:457, dig_damn_you.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4490
> attempts to break the lock with his hammer and chisel

 No.4493

File: 1475079850652.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4492
That might take a while. It is of sturdy metal, maybe even dwarven work? Roll 5 Strength checks +4 You need to gather 15 points through them.

 No.4494

File: 1475079887818.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4493  1d20 + 5 = 11 1d20 + 5 = 9 1d20 + 5 = 23 1d20 + 5 = 9 1d20 + 5 = 7

 No.4495

File: 1475079907032.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4491
Suddenly you feel a shove from behind and with a shriek you fall, fall, fall!

Quickly roll for Dexterity +2!

 No.4496

>>4495
!!!
d20 + 2 = 11

 No.4497

>>4494
You gathered 4 points. The lock is sturdy indeed!

Try 5 more!

 No.4498

File: 1475079986143.png (146.31 KB, 419x436, 419:436, dash349.png) ImgOps Google

>>4497
"HAHAHA!" You hear a loud laugh as you fall but can in mid air hold on to a run and safe yourself!

The trap door above you gets slammed shut!

 No.4499

File: 1475079987132.gif (9.84 KB, 320x128, 5:2, dwarfattack.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4497  1d20 + 5 = 24 1d20 + 5 = 6 1d20 + 5 = 22 1d20 + 5 = 14 1d20 + 5 = 9!!

 No.4500

File: 1475080093238.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4499
You gathere 8 points! The lock is half apart!

Then you suddenly hear Vitis' shriek and can see him fall only to hold on to a rung. The trap door gets shut amongst laughter!

 No.4501

File: 1475080191798.jpg (276.96 KB, 738x550, 369:275, DF.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4496  How's it hanging up there?

 No.4502

>>4501
I-I think that was Alrik!

Dammit, I will use this rope as a noose for him the next time I see him.
>Tries to climb the rest of the way down.

 No.4503

>>4502
You make it down without problem.

 No.4504

> keeps chipping away at the lock
1d20 + 5 = 12 1d20 + 5 = 23 1d20 + 5 = 18 1d20 + 5 = 17 1d20 + 5 = 6

 No.4505

File: 1475080377758.png (65.94 KB, 187x240, 187:240, cmca41.png) ImgOps Google

>>4501
>>4502
"I … I guess you're prisoners now too…"

 No.4506

>>4503
Alright, how we're gonna take down this rope?
>Picks up the lantern and starts pulling on the rope.

Dammit Alrik, I'll get you back.

 No.4507

>>4505
We're not prisoners, just inconvenianced in our mobility. there is still this tunnel. We just need to get you out first.

 No.4508

>>4504
11 points! Only 4 more! Your chisel isn't looking that well anymore though.

 No.4509

File: 1475080487203.png (66.47 KB, 206x242, 103:121, cmca7.png) ImgOps Google

>>4506
>roll Strength +3 to tug it loose

>>4507
"Well, I guess it must lead somewhere."

 No.4510

>>4509
I'm not letting good rope go to waste.
>Gives a big hefty tug.
d20 + 3 = 8

 No.4511

>>4506  chuckles, "just climb up and untie it"
>>4505  yeah, don't worry.  this elf will think up some damn-fool plan to get us out of here
> keeps chipping away
1d20 + 5 = 7 1d20 + 5 = 8 1d20 + 5 = 12 1d20 + 5 = 25 1d20 + 5 = 21

 No.4512

File: 1475080655310.jpg (68.22 KB, 464x355, 464:355, cmca14.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4510
No luck!

>>4511
You finally crack open the lock. Liscer opens and steps outside, bowing deep before the dwarf. "Thank you, kind Sir. I'm glad to be out of this cell at least."

>roll 2d6 but not higher than 3 or the tip of the chisel has broken off from wear

 No.4513

>>4511
Genius friend,
And how will I get down again if the rope is not secured on the top?
Chances are Alrik bolted the door. Dudes probably taking credit for "killing the Woodle" I bet. I maybe a morally good elf, but I am not above long-term revenge schemes.

 No.4514

>>4512
>Throws a bit of a tantrum.
GRAAH.
>Gets his sword and tries to cut as much rope as he can.

 No.4515

>>4510
>you got the rope!

 No.4516

>>4513  just climb down the normal way!

 No.4517

>>4514
>no need, the 8 was just good enough, you have it

 No.4518

>>4512 no trouble at all; now to get out of this hole… 2d6 = 6

 No.4519

>>4515
>Oh nevermind cutting it then.
Ah nice!
>reels up the rope and pockets it.

>>4516
Did climbing down with the rope worked as well for you?

>>4517
>Keeps the rope and lantern.

 No.4520

>>4518
>the chisel is still in good shape

 No.4521

File: 1475080907284.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4519  wasn't so much with the rope as it was next to the rope
>>4520  hazzah!

 No.4522

So Liscer, are you hurt?

 No.4523

File: 1475081002218.png (96.49 KB, 379x334, 379:334, cmca10.png) ImgOps Google

>>4522
>>4521
"Good enough I guess. But unless that other path leads to somewhere useful I guess it doesn't matter if I'm in there or not. They'll try to ransom all three of us."

 No.4524

>>4523
It must lead somewhere useful or else they wouldn't of imprisoned you to begin with.
Let's go.

 No.4525

>>4521
"You don't look so good though. I have some herbal ointment with me… it might patch you up a little."

Liscer rubs your bruises with the ointment he carried in a small tin box.

>NAZOM: You regain 1d6+4 HP

 No.4526

File: 1475081098211.png (2.25 KB, 180x180, 1:1, avatar78425_1.gif.png) ImgOps Google

>>4523
>>4519
Then let's see what's down that tunnel.  After you, Ropey McLamperson!

 No.4527

>>4526
I am the Light Bringer!
>Leads the way but with some caution.

 No.4528

File: 1475081193153.jpg (59.25 KB, 670x509, 670:509, Dwarf_Fortress__Cheese_Art….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4525  thank you!  ah, that's much better  1d6 + 4 = 8

 No.4529

File: 1475081326996.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4526
>>4527
The corridor leads down a gentle slope, being a bout 50 meters long. Small water drops roll down the brick walls here and there, leaving puddles on the ground.

Then you reach its end! Old furniture is piled up here, old warped tables and chairs, broken barerls and crates and big, bulky wardrobe.

>make two Intelligence checks +2!

 No.4530

File: 1475081371516.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, linkdragon.png) ImgOps Google

1d20 + 2 = 3!

 No.4531

>>4529
Wel if people as horrible as those bandits want to keep whatevers beyond here out.

d20 + 2 = 9

Then maybe whatevers beyond here is in our favour?

d20 + 2 = 9

Unless we can find somewhere else to go.

 No.4532

File: 1475081516106.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>4530
>>4531
You see that behind all that old furniture is another door! It almost looks like the furniture was placed here to barricade it.

Also, on the ground, half covered by more furnituer, is a pentagram, drawn with red chalk.

 No.4533

>>4532
Then again…
>Kneels down to take a better look at the floor.
…Maybe it's something to keep something way more eviler than them in.

>Tries to look through the furniture for gaps or whatever to see anything discernable.

 No.4534

>>4533  whatever it is can't be that bad…
>starts looking through the remains of barrels and crates

 No.4535

File: 1475081697564.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4533
Look as you may, you see nothing out of the ordinary from where you are. To reach the door you'd have to move the furniture away.

But you can tell even now that the door is made of polished metal.

 No.4536

File: 1475081730075.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>4534
You open the wardrobe, look into the barrels… but it is all empty.

 No.4537

File: 1475081824699.jpg (45.03 KB, 500x579, 500:579, timdenee_bronzemurder.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4533  want to see what's through that door?

 No.4538

>>4534
Well, something about all this just seems bad news to me. If we had the more options I wouldn't go this way. I mean why did they bolted this door and these red chalk symbols could be containing something magical.

Still, "if we had more options", which we don't. I could look around the tunnels some more but I don't think theres anymore exits.

 No.4539

File: 1475081877386.png (515.58 KB, 861x713, 861:713, cmca23.png) ImgOps Google

Liscer shudders, rubbing his arms. "I don't like this place…"

 No.4540

>>4537
>>4538
To learn more about the chalk symbols, roll Intelligence +7 (unfortunately you got no wizard with you).

 No.4541

>>4539
I feel you. I'd rather not touch this…

>Tries to take a better look at the chalk markings to see if anything he can decern from them.
d20 + 7 = 15
But he knoews more on elven druidic magic than human wizard magic.

 No.4542

>>4539  Don't worry, we'll get you out of here.
>>4540  1d20 + 7 = 26

 No.4543

File: 1475082083788.jpg (6.94 KB, 224x225, 224:225, pentagramm.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4542
>>4541
Whatever could it mean? You don't know.

 No.4544

File: 1475082130351.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf7.png) ImgOps Google

>>4541  What if we just erase the chalk lines?  seems like a good idea to me.

 No.4545

>>4542
>>4543
>>4544
Y'know what, I'm gonna back up these tunnels and see if we missed a branching tunnel. I'd rather make sure we exhaust our options before we release Thargunitoth, Amazeroth or whoever into these caves.
>Goes back.

 No.4546

File: 1475082316661.png (515.58 KB, 861x713, 861:713, cmca23.png) ImgOps Google

>>4544
"I think I've seen it before. Wizard use it for… some thing or another. I think they stand in it."

 No.4547

File: 1475082410284.png (16.89 KB, 2560x1440, 16:9, grue.png) ImgOps Google

>>4545  follows Vitis rather than be stuck in the darkness

 No.4548

File: 1475082421957.png (608.77 KB, 705x661, 705:661, cmca31.png) ImgOps Google

>>4545
"DON'T SPEAK THEIR NAMES! … If you say their names, they will come…" Liscer shudders.

>It will take you a good 20 minutes to thoroughly examine the corridor and basement.
>Roll Intelligence +2 if you find anything.

 No.4549

>>4548
>>4547
You only take 10 minutes if you search together.

>Both of you roll Intelligence +2

 No.4550

File: 1475082548578.jpg (86.39 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, narrow corridor.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4549  1d20 + 2 = 20!

 No.4551

>>4548
Liscer, we don't know what this magic circle is for, but it's infront of a heavily stacked doorway and made with red chalk. I'm pretty sure messing with magic we don't know will have more of a bad consequences than merely muttering their names. Rather not give them a hand into our realm than merely mention their names.

>>4549
>They look around some more.
d20 + 2 = 15

 No.4552

> mutters "Xyzzy"

 No.4553

File: 1475082667809.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4551
"The Praios priest at the mass last week, that they hear the words of the desperate and might approach them with 'help'… for a price no one wishes to pay." Liscer recites the priest.

>>4551
>>4550
After ten minutes you are none the wiser. You find no hidden doors or passages of any sort.

 No.4554

>>4553
*…last week said,…

 No.4555

>>4553
I'm just saying I don't want to be bumbled into paying that price. I don't want to open up no spooky demon door and let any monster in or out if we have to.

>>4553
>Looked everywhere.
GODS DAMMIT.

We gotta go through the spooky demon door don't we?

 No.4556

>>4555  I'll take the spooky demon door over the ladder.

 No.4557

>>4556
The ladder back up? Nah, Alrik blocked that entrance. Unles syou're packing some of that dwarven boom powder, going  back up is not really an option.

>Sighs.
Alright, let's try and open this door, and while I'm not all that religious, pray the gods will grant us a break and not unleash some sort of hellspawn.

 No.4558

>>4557
>the furniture is in the way still

 No.4559

>>4558
>Starts moving it, but tries not to smudge the chalk circle.

 No.4560

>>4558
> starts throwing furniture to the side

 No.4561

>As they move junk asside.
Ooh if it turns out we need to pass some eldritch nightmare from hell I'm gonna be so pissed off… I'll blame Alric for all of it,

 No.4562

File: 1475083312159.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>4559
>>4560
You make quite the ruckus, Liscer helping too. Soon enough you have moved the furniture aside, making sure not to wipe away the chalk symbols.

And now you can see the door! It is made of polished metal indeed. An ungly, grotesque demon's face is echted into its center.

You see no lock, no knob, no handle.

 No.4563

>>4562
>pushes against the door!

 No.4564

>>4562
>Points at the decore.
You see this, this is exactly the crap I am on about. It's this kinda stuff which just screams "Belkelel love den".

>>4563
Oh go ahead, I don't wanna be responsible for this…
>Prepares his sword for whatever.

 No.4565

>>4563
But it won't even budge a little.

 No.4566

File: 1475083477908.png (205.52 KB, 640x360, 16:9, cmca40.png) ImgOps Google


 No.4567

File: 1475083582228.png (472.99 KB, 1000x1700, 10:17, pony_fortress_by_khorme-d6….png) ImgOps Google

>>4564  Fine then…
>starts smudging the chalk lines
>>4566  Don't worry; it'll be fun!  Here, have a dagger.
>tosses his dagger to Liscer

 No.4568

>>4566
Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.
But fools rush in where celestials fear to tread.

>>4565
Well, now what?
>>4567
>Sighs.

 No.4569

File: 1475083773676.png (80.15 KB, 254x229, 254:229, cmca5.png) ImgOps Google

>>4567
You smudge them good…. but nothing happens.

>>4568
"I… don't know. There must be a way to get inside somehow!"

 No.4570

>>4569
>Goes up to the door and knocks.
Hello? Anyone in there?

 No.4571

>>4570
>nothing but the echo of your own voice

 No.4572

>>4571
(Is there like, a hole of slit in the door I can peer through? Or just darkness? Can I feel a breeze of sort on my face if I look through this hole?)

 No.4573

>>4572
>no hole at all… yet you can tell it is a door, perfectly fit into the wall

 No.4574

File: 1475083995399.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>4569  argh well…  too much ale earlier.
> starts urinating on the smudged chalk lines

 No.4575

>>4573
All the more reaosn I don't think we should, but we're running out of opt-

>>4574
Really… really.

 No.4576

File: 1475084033888.png (205.52 KB, 640x360, 16:9, cmca40.png) ImgOps Google

>>4574
"Hey, we're standing here!" Liscer mutters and takes a step to the side.

>nothing happens

 No.4577

>>4576
>>4575  When you gotta go…

 No.4578

File: 1475084147653.png (87.67 KB, 297x302, 297:302, cmca12.png) ImgOps Google

>>4577
"There was a perfectly good bucket in my cell."

 No.4579

>>4576
>>4577
I can't look at this. Liscer, help me look through the junk.

d20 = 1

 No.4580

File: 1475084287098.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4578
>>4579
> laughs loudly while finishing up

 No.4581

File: 1475084315138.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>4579
>critical success

You have barely started to search the now accessible walls next to the door that you find a few loose bricks.

As you take them out you find metal plate behind them, on it are etched the words:

Two brothers we are,
Great burden we bear
By which we are bitterly pressed.
In truth we may say
We are full all the day
But empty we go to our rest.

 No.4582

>>4578
>Thinking to himself…
[small]"Maybe should of took the bucket…"[/small]

>>4581
Some sort of riddle?
Hm…

 No.4583

>>4582  What did you find there?

 No.4584

>>4583
Some sort of riddle.

"Two brothers we are,
Great burden we bear
By which we are bitterly pressed.
In truth we may say
We are full all the day
But empty we go to our rest."

 No.4585

File: 1475084585688.png (65.94 KB, 187x240, 187:240, cmca41.png) ImgOps Google

>>4584
"Hmm… I'm no good with riddles."

 No.4586

File: 1475084588103.jpg (28.24 KB, 467x350, 467:350, dwarf_by_art_anon-d51gpjf.….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4584  I guess they had to relieve themselves, too!  har har har

 No.4587

>>4585
Well we got plenty of time to think it over.

"Two brothers we are,
Great burden we bear
By which we are bitterly pressed."

Maybe some sort of cycle of sort? Like day and night? Though what does it mean by being "bitterly pressed"?

"In truth we may say
We are full all the day
But empty we go to our rest."

Something that is full in the day, and empty at night perhaps?

 No.4588

File: 1475084760954.png (18.81 KB, 321x375, 107:125, cmca8.png) ImgOps Google

>>4586
>snicker

 No.4589

File: 1475084856613.jpg (56.07 KB, 225x249, 75:83, want some rye courshya do.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4587  bunch of gibberish…
> looks for anything useful in the moved furniture

 No.4590

>>4589
>you find a cobweb, dust, a piece of string…

 No.4591

>>4590
> take string

 No.4592

>>4591
It's a short piece of twine, of no use to you.

 No.4593

>>4589
>Continues to ponder the riddle.

Something that there is two of? Something close together…

By day it is full, but empty it goes to rest… An… hourglass maybe?

 No.4594

File: 1475085054727.png (163.16 KB, 400x400, 1:1, cmca36.png) ImgOps Google

>>4593
"Hmm… but an hourglass isn't full all the day and suddenly empty at night."

 No.4595

>>4594
Unless it's a 12 hour hourglass, but thats just silly.

Hm, perhaps one of those twin canal doors in a dam or a lock? But not like water levels change on a dailyschedule.

 No.4596

>>4595
>it was a very good guess

 No.4597

>>4592  pft…
>>4593  I'm really bad at these things.
>pounds on the door

 No.4598

File: 1475085414305.jpg (83.98 KB, 488x347, 488:347, twi205.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4597
You hear the door rattling a little but it won't budge. It is sturdy and you doubt you could break it down even with weapons.

 No.4599

>>4596
>>4597
I can't think with this banging.

Two things which are bitterly pressed… I don't think it's…. well it could be the sky if the sky at day and the sky at night are considered seperate.

By their respected hours they are "full", with stars, clouds, sun or moon and when their time is over they are no longer "full" at at rest.

But dunno where being "bitterly pressed" somes into it. "Pressed for time" maybe?

 No.4600

File: 1475085555467.jpg (107.23 KB, 400x400, 1:1, 64737800.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.4601

>Kabach is back from France, you might get a wizardly helper

 No.4602

Hm… the ocean… tide comes out during the night… but thats not "tw of" or "bitterly pressed".

What do I know that is "full in the day" and "At rest at night"… and come in two?

 No.4603

> ponders rock formations

 No.4604

File: 1475085968699.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>4602
>>4603
About to give up? Don't worry, I'll solve it for you if you don't solve it. But no bonus exp!

 No.4605

*Kabach is late and runs up to the rest of the group panting* Gasping for breath he reads the riddle and says: "I think I have it! A pair of leather trousers!" The leather is pressed as part of the making process, you have a pair - so brothers (left and right leg?) and they are empty at night cos they have been taken off… *Looks terribly pleased with himself and sits down still breathing heavily and sweating*

 No.4606

File: 1475086047296.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4605
If the door could yawn, it would!

 No.4607

>>4605
Thats a silly answer. A pair of trousers isn;t even two of something.

What else you wanna suggest? shoes? Pair of leather shoes? I doubt they had such articles of clothing back then.

 No.4608

>>4605
And welcome, Kabach.

 No.4609

File: 1475086122368.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4605  Wait, who are you and how did you get down here?  More importantly, can we get up the same way?

 No.4610

File: 1475086263395.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>4607
(Mr. Google told you that answer!)

Shoes… shoes that does sound right. But now you still have to figure out what to do with that answer.

 No.4611

>Just realise he did not know who this character was given it has just been him and Naz throughout the adventure.
Wait, who are you?

>>4610
((I did google it, but for RP sake, will have Vitis stumped.))

 No.4612

File: 1475086419650.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, linkdragon.png) ImgOps Google

>>4607  Right…  throw your shoes and pants at the door.  That's bound to make it open up.

 No.4613

>>4612
Don't be silly.
>Out of cury, kicks the door.

 No.4614

File: 1475086471716.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>4609
>>4611
Kabach has been hired by Marbit Telpers to assist in finding his son Liscer. He was pleased when finding the wizard close to Gareth and the wounded bandid told him how to reach the tower.

Kabach made it through the Demon Fallow in good time but the bandits - in the meantime warned by Alrik - were able to trap him down in the basement as well.

So now he is with you, but you still have no way out!

 No.4615

>>4613
That made the door rattle some more. But nothing else happened. Maybe a particular spot…?

 No.4616

>>4615
Well, I dunno. This riddle is just too much for me.
>Angry, starts kicking whats left of the chalk circle and squats down in whats left of it.

Shouldn't have kicked that door, my feet are killing me.
>Takes his shoes off in the circle.

 No.4617

>>4612
"I'm not throwing my pants!" Liscer protests.

 No.4618

File: 1475086773466.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4616
A nice idea… but that too, does nothing.

 No.4619

>>4618
>Just sits their rubbing his feet, all out of ideas.

 No.4620

stupid riddle…
> kicks the plaque/whatever-the-inscription-was-on

 No.4621

File: 1475086946118.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>4620
The plaque is of metal and firmly attached to the wall. You still give it a kick and stub your toe.

There is something you have to do with a shoe.

 No.4622

Bows to the others and introduces himself briefly: Kabach, wizard, stuck down here too.

Takes his boots off (his undersocks are dirty and smelly and places them in the gap made by the loose bricks

 No.4623

>>4621
>Gets up and tries to put his shoes back on.
>Accidentally steps on a sharp rock.
ACH GODS DAMMIT!
>Tosses his shoes across the cave.
(Should I do some sort of roll to wherever it may land?)

 No.4624

File: 1475087068635.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4622
The gap and plaque are shocked by those mud-covered boots and protest! But nothing else happens.

 No.4625

>Alright guys, time to roll for Intelligence +2!

 No.4626

>>4625
>Thinks it over one more time, looking over at his shoes scattered near the door.
d20 + 2 = 20

 No.4627

1d20 + 2 = 8

 No.4628

>>4622  I'm Nåzom.  So you're a wizard, huh?  Maybe you can figure this out.
>>4625  1d20 + 2 = 5

 No.4629

>>4626
I GOT IT!

Buttocks!

 No.4630

>reminded he needs to empty his bowels

 No.4631

File: 1475087294663.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4627
>>4628
And then you remember the ugly demon's face etched into the door, it was staring at you this whole time.

You get a boot and press it against the demon's face… and with a soft click the door swings open.

>>4629
>buttocks indeed!

 No.4632

Buttocks! They're like, "two brothers", bitterly pressed, like, together, or when sitting down/

They are full all day, like "mooning"…

That makes sense right?

>>4631
Oh…

 No.4633

File: 1475087396598.png (1019 B, 320x416, 10:13, happy_dwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>4632  You've truly lost it.
>>4631  Well then…

 No.4634

File: 1475087403054.png (205.52 KB, 640x360, 16:9, cmca40.png) ImgOps Google

>>4632
Liscer shakes his head. "Come on, Mr. Vitis. The door is open."

 No.4635

>peers through the door into the space byond without actually going through

 No.4636

>>4634
>>4633
Well… I loosened it. C'mon, let's go.

 No.4637

File: 1475087478245.png (209.63 KB, 1280x864, 40:27, twi270.png) ImgOps Google

BREAK TIME
———-
I need to call it for now. I hope you had some fun and we can continue again tomorrow!

Have a nice evening!

 No.4638

File: 1475087565331.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>4636
>>4635
You might want to grab your shoes.
>>4637  works for me; have a good night!

 No.4639

>>4638
Damn shoes.
>Gets his shoes.
I would of figured it out eventually.

 No.4640

>Continues to peer through the open door
>Mutters that leather trousers was a bloody good guess
>Puts his shoes back on after shaking some stones and gravel out of them

 No.4641

>>4639
>>4640
(Have a good one; see you tomorrow!)

 No.4642

(Guess I'll get food)

 No.4643

File: 1475127559054.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

Now that the door is open you see a long, dark corridor before you, lit only by your single small lamp. Old, warm and mouldy air blows into your faces, making the flame flicker.

The walls are unlike those in the basement you are in, made of small bricks, held by old mortar that has come off at many spots.

The floor of the relative narrow corridor is covered with thick dust. An aura of doom is in the air.

 No.4644

>>4643
I don't like this… but there is a draft. So there must be an exit beyond this.

 No.4645

File: 1475147382054.jpg (42.29 KB, 640x360, 16:9, cmca34.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

"I think I'll stay here… I could warn you if anyone comes."

 No.4646

>>4645
Yeah, good idea. If too many bad sorts come, just hide. We'll come back for you once we're sure it's safe.

Hm…Naz? Wanna stay and look out for him? Me and Kabach can go ahead. And if it's really is some eldrich horror, may need all the magic we have to stop it.

 No.4647

>>4646  hrmm….  That could work, but we'll need some light.

 No.4648

>>4647
I can generate light, but my mana is low.

 No.4649

>>4648
I mean, I can still do it, but I;ll only have a slither of mana left.

 No.4650

Hi you two, I'm still busy with other stuff. I'll poke in in 2 hours.

 No.4651

File: 1475161500540.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

> starts arranging pieces of broken furniture and debris into a very small campfire
>>4649 This should do well enough.
> hands Vitis a splinter of wood and gestures to the lamp
>>4650  (sounds good, see you then)

 No.4652

>>4651
Oh I see.
>Tries to light the wood like a torch.

 No.4653

>>4652
>you manage to start a fire, using the last bits of oil from the lamp along with its flame… the oil lamp is now empty but you got a bonefire of sorts

 No.4654

>>4653
OK, You and Liscer stay by the fire.
>With the broken wood and whatever junk he can salvage makes a makeshift sort.
Me and Kazum will go ahead.

 No.4655

>>4653  (not a bonfire; a small fire)

 No.4656

File: 1475167841303.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4655
Alright, a small fire then.

 No.4657

File: 1475168200302.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>4656 (yay)
> prepares a small pile of lumber/debris/stuff nearby to keep feeding the fire as needed and has a seat
>>4645  Well, have a seat then.

 No.4658

File: 1475168368286.gif (214.14 KB, 360x360, 1:1, cmca30.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4657
Liscer has a seat and holds his palms up to the warming fire, not before glancing up to the roof to see where the smoke was going. Seeing it wouldn't cause a problem he smiled.

"Thank you, I'll warn you if any of those bandits try to get down to us here. I hope you'll find an exit back there."

 No.4659

File: 1475172930546.png (558.89 KB, 1366x768, 683:384, twi18.png) ImgOps Google


 No.4660

File: 1475173262370.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google


 No.4661

>>4660
Let's see when Epic or Kabach drop by.

 No.4662

>>4661
So, Kabach, why are you down here? You don't seem the sort for standard hired adventuring.

 No.4663

>>4662
>he might be on in 30 minutes or so

 No.4664

>>4663  (should we just pick up tomorrow?)

 No.4665

>>4664
Yes, it's already pretty late. Let's try again tomorrow. =)

 No.4666

>>4665  (just a head's up - I won't be able to take part today, but feel free to go on without me)

 No.4667

>>4666
(That's a shame. But thanks for the info!)

 No.4668

And then there was elf.

 No.4669

File: 1475259606077.png (65.94 KB, 187x240, 187:240, cmca41.png) ImgOps Google

>>4668
"I'm not sure you should try going on on your own. That demon face couldn't have been on that door for nothing."

 No.4670

>>4669
Don't wanna go alone. Just dunno when Kabach will be here to venture with me. Since Naz is unavailable now.

 No.4671

>>4670
I'll let you know when he's on. He's got a family so he can't always be around.

 No.4672

>>4671
Guess I'll Youtube or continue my Elevyn manuscripts.

 No.4673

>>4672
I'll give you a poke when he's on.

 No.4674

>>4673
OK. Been making up my own fantasy lore. I've been working on the worlds history, it's people, religion and so on.

 No.4675

File: 1475321044004.png (118.39 KB, 3000x3000, 1:1, dash194.png) ImgOps Google


 No.4676

File: 1475332705893.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google

>>4675  I'm around for a bit, but I have a scheduled game in 2 hours.

 No.4677

>>4676
>Maybe Epic will come on, Kabach is busy with stuff.

 No.4678

File: 1475333599692.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4677
Anyway, Kabach and Vitis will stay behind with Liscer for a moment. Dare to explore the tunnel further?

 No.4679

File: 1475334423954.jpg (13.79 KB, 206x245, 206:245, losing_is_fun.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4678  (sure, why not!)
"on second thought, you two stay here and I'll go ahead!"
>grabs the torch and some extra flammable materials and proceeds down the tunnel

 No.4680

File: 1475334613009.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4679
The tunnel leads slowly but surely further down and soon enough it takes a bend and the small fire's light disappears behind you.

Four steps follows before it takes another turn, turning and twisting on like a snake. The walls are all built by bricks and the floor is thick with dust. Old cobwebs hang into your face now and then.

>roll for Intelligence -3

 No.4681

>>4680  my kind of place!  1d20 - 3 = 16

 No.4682

File: 1475334809013.jpg (111.33 KB, 517x342, 517:342, twi195.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4681
>even though it should be, you look around and have barely a clue

You have walked for about 80 to 100 meters when you feel something crack underneath your heavy feet.

 No.4683

File: 1475334910833.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>4682  hrm!?

 No.4684

File: 1475334949672.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4683
Another step, another crack. Will you examine or walk on?

 No.4685

>>4684  it is like walking on fortune cookies?
>examines the floor

 No.4686

File: 1475335154468.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>4685
Or more like walking on brittle old bones! As you look down you see a cracked chest bone lying on the ground and several more seem to be up ahead.

 No.4687

File: 1475335308612.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>4686  I guess they must have gotten trapped by that door.  Maybe they didn't have boots!  har har
>examines a few bones for anything useful and then crunches on ahead

 No.4688

File: 1475335451621.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4687
>roll for Intelligence to figure out what sort of bones they are

There is a good pile of bones further up ahead, they seem to be strewn all over. There's always ragged and torn leather clothes stuck to some of them.

 No.4689

>>4688  1d20 = 7
>grabs some cloth and wraps it around the torch to add some fuel

 No.4690

File: 1475335657622.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>4689
>They definitely seem to be human bones

You pick up that cloth.

>roll for Dexterity -3 to safely place the cloth on the burning torch

 No.4691

>>4690  1d20 - 3 = -2!

 No.4692

File: 1475335865161.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4691
>oh, a natural 1 … perfectly placed this cloth will never fall off!

Was that a noise you just perceived up ahead?

>roll for Intelligence

 No.4693

File: 1475336099951.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>4692  1d20 = 2
> gazes lovingly at his torch

 No.4694

File: 1475336162825.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4693
You hear slow footsteps up ahead, at the gentle rattling of metal.

 No.4695

File: 1475336284469.png (47.79 KB, 194x229, 194:229, in_abundance.png) ImgOps Google

>>4694
> hides amongst the bones

 No.4696

File: 1475336473770.jpg (128.79 KB, 707x889, 101:127, b7f8771d97f33a3825d6768e14….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4695
The bones are way too small to hide behind or under them, so you just lie down next to one of those piles… Soon enough you a skeleton slowly walking towards you, wearing an old rusty chainmail armor and carrying an old sword.

 No.4697

File: 1475336581747.gif (9.84 KB, 320x128, 5:2, dwarfattack.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4696  oh is that all!  har har har…
>gets up and attacks the skeleton with his short sword

 No.4698

File: 1475336704892.jpg (156.12 KB, 700x546, 50:39, Skeletonwarriors.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4697
You hear more footsteps as you strike the first blow. Two more skeletons come walking towards you but they are still a bit off. As they walk some of the bones lying on the ground come rolling towards them and find a place among the rest. It seems they are forming from the old bones scattered among the floor.

>you attack first, roll attack and potential damage

 No.4699

>>4698  the more the merrier!  1d20 = 1 1d6 + 2 = 4

 No.4700

>>4699
>critical hit

The skeleton tries to defend the mighty blow: 1d20 = 9

 No.4701

>>4700
You do double damage!

The skeleton attacks: 1d20 = 3 for 1d6 + 3 = 5

 No.4702

>>4701
>it hits! Try to defend.

 No.4703

>>4702  1d20 = 10!

 No.4704

File: 1475337054451.jpg (128.79 KB, 707x889, 101:127, b7f8771d97f33a3825d6768e14….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4703
>that's 3 HP lost!

Your turn to attack! Or flee!

 No.4705

File: 1475337083830.gif (9.84 KB, 320x128, 5:2, dwarfattack.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4704  attack!!!  1d20 = 2 1d6 + 2 = 6

 No.4706

>>4705
The skelton seems to have quite a blow but they are slow on the defense… 1d20 = 17

 No.4707

>>4706
You hit!

The skeleton rattles its bones as it tries to strike you! 1d20 = 16 for 1d6 + 3 = 6

 No.4708

>>4707
>missed

 No.4709

File: 1475337217497.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>4708  third time's a charm!  attack!!!!  1d20 = 10 1d6 + 2 = 3

 No.4710

>>4709
Defense! 1d20 = 1

 No.4711

File: 1475337286980.jpg (156.12 KB, 700x546, 50:39, Skeletonwarriors.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4710
The skeleton parries your strike and goes for counter attack!

1d20 = 15 for 1d6 + 3 = 8

One more skeleton will be in range in the next round. The third doesn't have enough space to approach further. The corridor is too small.

 No.4712

>>4711
>it misses

 No.4713

>>4712  Is that all you've got?  1d20 = 8 1d6 + 2 = 5

 No.4714

>>4713
Again it tries to defend! 1d20 = 10

 No.4715

>>4714
You hit but it barely did any damage!

Skeleton A: 1d20 = 20 for 1d6 + 3 = 7
Skeleton B: 1d20 = 18 for 1d6 + 3 = 8

 No.4716

>>4715
>both miss

2d6 = 7

 No.4717

>>4716
>Skeleton A stumbles and cannot attack next round

 No.4718

File: 1475337604106.png (18.11 KB, 105x157, 105:157, dwarf4.png) ImgOps Google

>>4717
> attacks disoriented skeleton A, hopefully with a bonus of some kind!

 No.4719

>>4718
Attack is -2 for one blow!

 No.4720

>>4719  dwarf smash!  1d20 - 2 = -1 1d6 + 2 = 5

 No.4721

>>4720
Critical again!

1d20 = 4

 No.4722

>>4721
You hit! And what a blow! The skeleton struggles but still it does not fall!

Skeleton B: 1d20 = 8 for 1d6 + 3 = 5

 No.4723

>>4722
>skeleton would hit, try to defend

 No.4724

File: 1475337815522.png (41.21 KB, 479x93, 479:93, SNAFU.png) ImgOps Google

>>4723  1d20 = 3

 No.4725

>>4724
The skelet gnashes its teeth in disappointment.

>your attack!

 No.4726

File: 1475337869554.gif (9.84 KB, 320x128, 5:2, dwarfattack.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4725  1d20 = 20 1d6 + 2 = 6

 No.4727

>>4726
Critical failure! Roll 2d6!

 No.4728

File: 1475337940897.png (41.21 KB, 479x93, 479:93, SNAFU.png) ImgOps Google

>>4727  2d6 = 11

 No.4729

File: 1475337996419.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4728
Oh no! Your blow is so awkward you injure yourself on your own weapon! Roll for damage!

 No.4730

File: 1475338091843.png (6.98 KB, 164x178, 82:89, SwordChucks.png) ImgOps Google

>>4729  how is that even possible!  1d6 + 2 = 6

 No.4731

>>4730
You swing down, miss and hit your own leg!

Skeleton A: 1d20 = 3 for 1d6 + 3 = 4
Skeleton B: 1d20 = 13 for 1d6 + 3 = 7

 No.4732

>>4731
>one would hit, try to defend

 No.4733

File: 1475338359942.jpg (164.09 KB, 500x739, 500:739, dwarf-fortress-strange-moo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4732  1d20 = 16

 No.4734

File: 1475338404460.jpg (128.79 KB, 707x889, 101:127, b7f8771d97f33a3825d6768e14….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4733
>You're down to 16 HP!

Your turn to attack! Or do you flee?

 No.4735

File: 1475338496350.png (55.64 KB, 507x276, 169:92, batdwarf vs zombies.png) ImgOps Google

>>4734  one more for good measure!  1d20 = 15 1d6 + 2 = 5

 No.4736

File: 1475338553083.jpg (156.12 KB, 700x546, 50:39, Skeletonwarriors.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>you miss!

Skeleton A: 1d20 = 11 for 1d6 + 3 = 8
Skeleton B: 1d20 = 2 for 1d6 + 3 = 9

 No.4737

>>4736
Oh no! Both would hit! Try to defend one!

 No.4738

I come out of nowhere… and throw a rock at a skepletons skull.

 No.4739

>>4738
>roll for Dexterity +4

 No.4740

>>4739
Hup!
>Throws a rock.
d20 + 4 = 9

 No.4741

>>4740
>roll for 1d6 damage!

The skeleton turns to you.

 No.4742

>>4741
C'mon Naz, they're just skeletons. Don't et these guys get under your skin!
d6 = 3

 No.4743

File: 1475338823976.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google

>>4737  1d20 = 18
>>4738  an elf with good timing.  that's a new one!

 No.4744

File: 1475338871498.jpg (24.09 KB, 338x310, 169:155, twi202.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4743
Two mighty blows hit you. You are close to collapsing!

>roll for Strength!

 No.4745

>>4743
A dwarf about to get his rocks kicked in by creatures that lack muscle… same old, same old.

>Attacks the Skeleton, aiming for the skills.
d20 = 1

 No.4746

>>4742
>the hard stone hits the skeleton's head but it only shivers once, then heads towards you!

>>4745
Skeleton B defends: 1d20 = 3

 No.4747

>>4746
>it defends!

 No.4748

>>4745
d20 = 17d6 = 2

 No.4749

File: 1475339034428.png (1.35 KB, 128x128, 1:1, dwarf6.png) ImgOps Google

>>4744  1d20 = 14
>>4748  looks like he's got a bone to pick with you.

 No.4750

>>4749
Nazom, you're on your last legs, down to 4 HP!

 No.4751

>>4749
Your time to attack, if you want!

 No.4752

>>4749
Humurus.

>>4750
Stay back, I'll see what I can do.

>Attacks his attacker, aiming at it's skull, arms or anywhere not proteced, given all it was is bones made it all the more easier.
d20 = 13d6 = 2

>All the while looks around the room for anything he can use throw the fight in his favour.

 No.4753

File: 1475339298873.jpg (45.22 KB, 800x457, 800:457, dig_damn_you.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4751  attack!!
>>4752  hrmph…  alright then…
> backs off behind Vitis and throws his dagger at a skeleton

 No.4754

>>4753
>roll for Dexterity +7 to throw the improvised dagger

1d20 = 17

 No.4755

>>4754  1d20 + 7 = 17  (it's an actual dagger!)

 No.4756

File: 1475339548793.jpg (128.79 KB, 707x889, 101:127, b7f8771d97f33a3825d6768e14….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4755
>but not a throwing dagger!

You miss!

Skeleton A's blow misses as Nazom retreats.
Skeleton B attacks Vitis! 1d20 = 19 for 1d6 + 3 = 8

 No.4757

>>4756
>it misses

 No.4758

>>4756
Attacks, aiming for skull. d20 = 5d6 = 5

 No.4759

>>4758
The skeleton tries to defend: 1d20 = 18

 No.4760

>>4759
>you hit!

 No.4761

File: 1475339720939.jpg (156.12 KB, 700x546, 50:39, Skeletonwarriors.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>Nazom: What are you doing?

Skeleton A moves into range to attack Vitis.
Skeleton B attacks 1d20 = 5 for 1d6 + 3 = 6

 No.4762

>>4761
>it hits, Vitis try to defend

 No.4763

>>4761
d20 = 20 Gah! I ad splinters more difficult than you!

Attacks. d20 = 6d6 = 6

 No.4764

>>4763
Critical miss! Roll 2d6!

 No.4765

>>4764
2d6 = 8

 No.4766

>>4765
You stumble!

>>4763
But your attack was good enough to still hit!

Skeleton A tries to defend.

 No.4767

>>4766
1d20 = 13

 No.4768

File: 1475340012579.jpg (156.12 KB, 700x546, 50:39, Skeletonwarriors.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4767
You hit!

Skeleton A attacks Vitis: 1d20 = 3 for 1d6 + 3 = 7
Skeleton B attacks Vitis: 1d20 = 2 for 1d6 + 3 = 8

 No.4769

>>4768
>Oh no, both hit! Try to defend against one!

 No.4770

>>4769
I defend and back the heck off. d6 = 6

And attack again. d10 = 6d6 = 2 the weakest one.

 No.4771

Waiting for Nazom!

 No.4772

OK, I'm not enjoying all these rolls.

>I attempt to grab at the weakest skeletons skull with my bare hands all the while kicking at it wth my foot to startle it. I'm trying to rip off it's skull.

>Given the lack if flesh and limiments and how old the skeleton is, should be easy.

 No.4773

>>4772
>roll for Intelligence -7

 No.4774

>>4773
d20 - 7 = 3

 No.4775

File: 1475340549197.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>4774
You know that a powerful magic keeps those skeletons moving. Your blows do way less damage than you think they would so they are likely even strengthened by a demon.

By no means in the world - unless you had an ogre's strength - would you be able to rip even the slightest bone off these skeletons. More likely they would cut you into pieces before you could be close to attempt to grab that skull.

 No.4776

File: 1475340649672.jpg (80.19 KB, 709x625, 709:625, Dwarf_35541c_5698177.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4761  sorry I need to go for the game I mentioned earlier, so…
>runs away, screaming and arms flailing, back out of the tunnel toward the campfire

 No.4777

File: 1475340699395.gif (84.02 KB, 150x150, 1:1, celes54.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4776
See you soon ⛵!

 No.4778

>>4776
Gods dammit.
>Retreats also.

 No.4779

File: 1475340877247.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>4778
You are much faster than the skeletons as you follow the dwarf quickly back up the tunnel, you see the fire where Kabach and Liscer are sitting up ahead.

 No.4780

I check myself, whats left of the wreck myself.
d20 = 1

 No.4781

File: 1475341136866.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4780
As you reach the meeting place with the badly wounded Nazom is already waiting you notice that the Skeletons do not follow any further, nor do you see them in the upcoming minutes.

Apparently they have to guard the tunnel and cannot leave it.

 No.4782

>>4781
>Sighs.
Naz, hold still.
Vitis rubs his hands together and let them waver over his wounds as they glow green with a gentle light of Balsam.

NAz health slowly increased to 10, but the now, mana exhausted elf collapsed by the fire, completely spent of mana.

 No.4783

SUMMARY:
——–
NAZOM: 4/35 HP
VITIS: 15/25 HP, 6/25 MP
KABACH: 20/20 HP, 30/30 MP

 No.4784

>>4783
Actually, I healed Nazom.
——–
NAZOM: 10/35 HP
VITIS: 15/25 HP, 0/25 MP
KABACH: 20/20 HP, 30/30 MP

 No.4785

File: 1475341438783.png (515.58 KB, 861x713, 861:713, cmca23.png) ImgOps Google

Liscer uses the last of the ointment he has with him, putting it on Nazom's many cuts. He puts the empty tin box down. "Well, that's all of it."

 No.4786

SUMMARY:
——–—–
NAZOM: 16/35 HP
VITIS: 15/25 HP, 0/25 MP
KABACH: 20/20 HP, 30/30 MP

 No.4787

Vitis fell asleep. sparks of residue mana flying around his head.from mana exhaustion.

 No.4788

File: 1475341725038.jpg (79.68 KB, 384x346, 192:173, twi197.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4787
Nazom falls asleep well, Liscer and Kabach take turns staying awake. The hours pass and as you recall it was early night when you arrived at the tower. Neither the bandits make a show (they are likely asleep) nor do the skeletons.

 No.4789

File: 1475426122834.png (28.43 KB, 672x800, 21:25, dash197.png) ImgOps Google


 No.4790

File: 1475432175539.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google


 No.4791

>Wakes ups and surveys his surroundings.

 No.4792

File: 1475432507146.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>4790
>>4791
As you awake Kabach and Liscer tell you that you have slept for a good 6 hours there. Nothing had happened. Liscer had even peeked into the tunnel and saw no skeletons there.

Due to the rest you can both recover 1d6 HP. Vitis recovers an additiona 1d6 MP.

 No.4793

>>4792
That long! Crap! Your father must be worried. I did not intend for this whole asffair to take so long.
d6 = 3

 No.4794

d6 = 3

 No.4795

File: 1475432768667.jpg (72.31 KB, 730x649, 730:649, Dwarf_e9984f_5689757.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4792  1d6 = 1
>yawn
What did I miss?  I was having nightmares about elves.

 No.4796

File: 1475432780680.png (152.11 KB, 413x446, 413:446, cmca6.png) ImgOps Google

>>4793
Liscer tosses some more of the broken furniture onto the fire, its smoke has already darkened the ceiling considerably.

"I guess it's about three in the morning. Meaning we'll likely have some more hours before those robbers come looking for us."

 No.4797

File: 1475432879532.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>4795
>booh, a 1… well, that's 1 HP you receover

Kabach comfirms that nothing at all had happened during your rest. Liscer had used the last ointment to heal you and Vitis used his last ounce of magic to heal you as well. You are back to 17 HP now.

 No.4798

>>4795
Was it the nightmare an elf saved your pebbles from a horde of skeletons?

 No.4799

>waiting for Nazom

 No.4800

Well we wouldn't of been in this mess if you wern't a bit more careful.

 No.4801

>>4796  gives us some time to prepare at least
>>4797
>hazzah!
>>4798   just the fact there there was an elf made it a nightmare har har…

 No.4802

Hmf.
How did you even get into such a mess anyway? … There was… quite a lot of bone saround there.

 No.4803

File: 1475434826249.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

I guess you'll be needing a plan. Unless you dare to challenge those skeletons again.

 No.4804

>>4802  Well you see…  I walked down the tunnel and around a corner.  have a plan to deal with the skeletons?

 No.4805

>>4804
Nothing else that happened while you were walking down there? Anything at all?

 No.4806

File: 1475435418192.jpg (5.77 KB, 108x142, 54:71, dwarf1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4805  I just walked across some bones and then the bastards attacked me.  completely unprovoked.  they're pretty tough don't you think?  any elven magic that might work against them?

 No.4807

>>4806
Walked across some bones. Under your weight I bet they would… snap… break… make quite the noise, which to a skeleton would perhaps sounds just as horrid than it will appear… if skeletons had eyes and ears.

 No.4808

>>4806
>roll for Intelligence to remember something

 No.4809

File: 1475437164469.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

>>4808  (sorry)  1d6 = 4
>>4807  aye you might have a point there

 No.4810

>>4809  err…. 1d20 = 19 ( was playing in a different d6 game last night  :o )

 No.4811

>>4810
>>4809
>no no, the d20 was alright! But unfortunately it wasn't successful. =/

 No.4812

>>4809
Maybe if we play it sneaky, creep past the skeletons and leave the  bones alone…
>Eyes up Naz, doubting he couldn't sneak past blind-death fools in a street carnival.

 No.4813

>>4812  or I can distract them while you sneak by

 No.4814

>>4813
How will that help us all escape? Maybe if I carry you, me Kazam and Lischer can carefully sneak by?

 No.4815

File: 1475437639001.png (65.94 KB, 187x240, 187:240, cmca41.png) ImgOps Google

>>4814
"Well, I guess I could try to sneak if I have to. But I have no experience doing it."

 No.4816

>>4815
It would help if you can do it in your socks. It's quite simple, don't make a sound or cause a distraction while you move by.

You're the son of a great merchant, so just do what your father would do when it comes to the idea of loosing money.

 No.4817

File: 1475437886246.gif (588.63 KB, 452x405, 452:405, cmca35.gif) ImgOps Google

>>4816
Gives the elf a glance, wondering if he even had the slightest idea about bookkeeping and contractual issues. "I don't think that any of the things my father would do in such a situation would help me sneak. But I guess taking my shoes off might help."

 No.4818

File: 1475437944718.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>4814  I'm more curious what's down past them at this point, but either way works.  We're not getting out by ladder, so we might as well see what's down there.

So am I going to be the distraction?

 No.4819

>>4817
Just imagine sneaking like trying to carry a whole suit of armour through a public library, you do it as carefully and as quiet as possible.

>>4818
Maybe as a last resort. Let's all try and sneak by and if we balls it up, then we distract while I'll get Lischer through, then I'll come back to help you.

 No.4820

File: 1475438121164.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4819
>>4818
If you want to try tip-toeing around all the bones lying on the ground you have to make a successful Dexterity roll!

 No.4821

>>4820
Well, those skeletons are… Hm, not gonna say it, but rather avoid confrontations than end them.

 No.4822

>Waiting for Nazom.

 No.4823

File: 1475439262270.png (50.65 KB, 266x285, 14:15, batdwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>4819  that sounds good to me, let's give it a shot

 No.4824

>>4819
>>4823
Roll for Dexterity!

 No.4825

>>4824
OK, here we go.
>They head back into the tunnel, creeping as quietly as he can.
d20 = 18

 No.4826

>>4824  1d20 = 14!

 No.4827

>>4825
>Tries to hold a foul word under his breath as he accidentally kicked a bone. It was rather dark.

 No.4828

File: 1475439753223.jpg (51.81 KB, 244x294, 122:147, twi201.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4825
>>4826
It does not take too long that you both hear the first cracking of bones under your feet, even though you tried to be careful. The light is simply not good enough it seems and there are bones almost everywhere.

And yet, nothing so far has happened.

Up ahead you see a larger pile of bones, an old, rusty and dented sword is stuck in its middle. It was about there that Nazom stepped on the bones earlier.

>Roll for Dexterity once more!

 No.4829

>>4828
>This time, tried to be as careful as he can/ He was an elf, elves are as agile and light on their feet as anything, would never live it down if NAz teased him for ruining his own plans.

d20 = 10

 No.4830

>>4828
1d20 = 4!

 No.4831

File: 1475440174629.png (409.02 KB, 585x545, 117:109, twi200.png) ImgOps Google

>>4829
>>4830
You sneak past the bones with great skill as you proceed further down the tunnel. You see some of the ground splattered with your own blood as you make it past the first pile of bones and past two more further down.

You see that blood is stuck on those rusty old weapons - your blood!

Yet, the bones do not move and remain silent as you don't touch any of them.

At last you stand in front of a large, heavy and dusty old brown curtain.

 No.4832

>>4831
>Vitis takes a peek around the side of the curtain as quietly as he can.

 No.4833

>>4832
You cannot peek around it, it fully covers the view. You'd need to pull it aside.

 No.4834

File: 1475440377981.png (981.82 KB, 1024x918, 512:459, dwarf_fortress__the_father….png) ImgOps Google

>>4831
> takes the weapons

 No.4835

>>4833
>Since they were between bones and a curtain, he really had no choice and pulled open the curtains.

 No.4836

>>4834
>roll for luck with a d6, 1 - 3 is good….

 No.4837

>>4834
>Gives a "WTF you gonna kill us all" sort of look.

 No.4838

File: 1475440868452.png (125 KB, 900x629, 900:629, twi205.png) ImgOps Google

>>4835
After you pulled the curtain aside and all the dust had settled you see before you the following:

A small room, just 4 x 6 meters in size. Opposite to the curtain in the room is another opening covered by a curtain that slowly moves in a gently breeze.

The floor of the room is covered with dust, similar to the tunnel.

There are also…

- The remains of a table with two heavy candleholders made of silver, soiled by black wax
- A dusty old armchair which has fallen over
- A large double bed with a canoopy and curtains around it, preventing you to see more
- a big, old wardrobe

 No.4839

File: 1475440899598.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4836  1d6 = 2
>>4837  I know what I'm doing…

 No.4840

File: 1475441057601.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4839
As you touch the first tug you see a shiver going through the bones, a rattling and cracking - coming from all three piles!

You realize that the slightest touch will activate the magic and makes the skeletons raise - and you let go off the weapon…

>Trying that again will irrevocably lead to combat! And don't forget that Liscer and Kabach might have to get through there as well.

 No.4841

>>4838
>Has a creepy feeling the bed may have someone, or something resting in it and is in no mood to disturb it.

>>4839
>Looks back to Nazom, shh0ish him and becooning him to leave it.

 No.4842

>>4840
*As you give the first sword a tug…

 No.4843

File: 1475441414149.png (711.79 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, twi204.png) ImgOps Google

>>4841
A soft breeze touches your face, the other curtain gently moves.

 No.4844

>>4843
>Slowly creepy by, trying not to disturb anything in the room to reach the other side.

 No.4845

File: 1475441581176.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4844
Nothing moves, you hear no sound but your own and Nazom's. Just a few steps and you have reached the other curtain.

 No.4846

>>4845
>Something seems off about this and looks around carefully, not wanting to set off anything.

 No.4847

File: 1475441929122.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4846
Without touching anything, all you can see in the room is what you see you can see here: >>4838

- wardrobe made of wood, once of good quality, closed
- an arm chair covered in dust, fallen over
- remains of a table that has collapsed, two silvery candleholders lie among the pieces, soiled by black wax
- big bad with canopy and curtains

The walls of the room are made of stone and were painted in what was once white but is now a flaky grey.

 No.4848

>>4847
>Decides to just go ahead and open the other curtain with the draft coming through.

 No.4849

(sorry go on without me for a bit)

 No.4850

>>4849
(No problem, I need to call it a day in a moment anyway, bed time for me!)

 No.4851

File: 1475442689248.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>4847
As you pull the next curtain aside you look into yet another room, longer than the one you are currently in. At first glance it seems to be an old laboratory of sorts.

To the left and right are long shelves that are full with old books, scrolls and bottles and jars of all sizes.

At the front wall is a skeleton on a wooden stand to hold it, its bones are held together by sinews. It does not move.

In front of the skeleton is a large table that has several scrolls and books.

Behind the skeleton hangs a display board on the wall, showing the human body without skin but gives detailed explanations about muscles, veins and organs.

To the left is a big bookcase full of books.

 No.4852

>>4851
>Tries to indicate the others to follow him.

 No.4853

File: 1475442840397.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

On the table are also several odd devices that seem to be needed for alchemy (oddly shaped glass vessel, an old burner, bowls of metal and glass…). They are covered in dust and seem very old.

 No.4854

File: 1475442865994.jpg (22.56 KB, 188x309, 188:309, dwarf2.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4840
> grumbles under his breath
>>4851
>>4848
> this looks like Vitis' kind of place
>>4853
> doesn't touch anything

 No.4855

1d20 = 7

 No.4856

File: 1475443230287.jpeg (128.65 KB, 590x285, 118:57, dwarf7.jpeg) ImgOps Google


 No.4857

File: 1475443230405.png (18.81 KB, 321x375, 107:125, cmca8.png) ImgOps Google

>>4852
Kabach and Liscer manage to get past the skeleton piles safely and join Vitis and Nazom.

 No.4858

>>4857
>>4856
>Quetly.
Let's head into the library, don't touch anything in the bedroom!

 No.4859

File: 1475443385922.png (1019 B, 320x416, 10:13, happy_dwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>4858  after you
> he gestures the way forward to Vitis while rolling his eyes

 No.4860

>>4859
>Makes sure the group get into the library.

I think we can relax a bit in here.

 No.4861

File: 1475443549867.png (515.58 KB, 861x713, 861:713, cmca23.png) ImgOps Google

Liscer coughs as he looks around, staying away from that skeleton at the wall.

"Everything looks so old here… I wonder who could have lived down here."

 No.4862

> has a look around

 No.4863

>>4861
My guess, a dark wizard. Heck they're probably in that bed, which is why I don't think we should disturb anything and move on.

Let's find an exit, theres a breeze somewhere so let's find the source of that.

 No.4864

File: 1475443832735.png (246.36 KB, 618x496, 309:248, twi203.png) ImgOps Google

>>4862
I summarize once more:

- shelves with books, scrolls, and various glass bottles
- skeleton on wall
- display board with anatomical descriptions and images
- table with books, scrolls and devices for alchemy
- bookcase full of books

What do you want to examine more closely?

 No.4865

File: 1475443904465.png (209.63 KB, 1280x864, 40:27, twi270.png) ImgOps Google

(Anyway, I need to head to bed. We are close to the end now so maybe we can finish tomorrow.)

Good night for now!

 No.4866

>>4864
I'll look but no touch.
The skeleton and the display.

 No.4867

File: 1475443929183.jpg (80.19 KB, 709x625, 709:625, Dwarf_35541c_5698177.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4864  (the display board and the bookcase!)

 No.4868

>>4865  have a good night!

 No.4869

>>4867
>>4866
>roll for Intelligence -2 you twoo

(I'll write an explanation of what you see when I'm up again later on.)

 No.4870

>>4869
d20 - 2 = -1

 No.4871

>>4869  1d20 - 2 = -1

 No.4872

File: 1475465383563.png (128.04 KB, 322x375, 322:375, twi192.png) ImgOps Google

>>4870
>>4871
>wow, you both rolled natural 1s

>Vitis and Nazom
You examine the display board. The drawings on it have been made with great skill and show the human body with great detail. Muscles, sinews, veins, everything has been drawn by someone who really knows the subject at hand. How he came to know so much about the body is anyone's guess. The display is signed by the letters G.M.

>Nazom
The wooden bookcase, about as tall as a man, is if filled with books on various subjects, mostly magic. You see books like the "Encyclopaedia Magica", "Roads Without a Name", "Almanach of Transformation" or "Alchemical Digressions".

There are two things you definitely realize.
a) There is an open spot, meaning one rather thin book has been taken out
b) The gentle draft of air is coming from here

>Vitis
The skeleton is of the sort you can find in the study of many an anatomist. Everything is held in place by small wooden tubes behind it and it does not seem to be of danger to you.

 No.4873

File: 1475471478060.png (57.11 KB, 232x202, 116:101, df_yay.png) ImgOps Google

>>4870  Hey look at this
> gesturing to the bookcase
there must be some sort of secret passage here.  See that missing book?  Feel the draft coming through?  Maybe one of the books on the table will fit the slot, or maybe there's some other way to open it.
> examines the table to see if there are any books that might fit

 No.4874

File: 1475474194945.png (152.11 KB, 413x446, 413:446, cmca6.png) ImgOps Google

>>4873
Liscer goes through the books to help. He touches a scroll and it crumbles into pieces. Then, he startles and picks up one of the scrolls. "Hey, Mr. Nazom, look. There's a letter here."

>>4873
>roll for Intelligence -3 to find the proper book!

 No.4875

File: 1475482791370.png (1.1 KB, 50x50, 1:1, dwarf9.png) ImgOps Google

>>4874  oh?  What's the letter, Liscer?  1d20 - 3 = 5

 No.4876

File: 1475484713048.png (80.15 KB, 254x229, 254:229, cmca5.png) ImgOps Google

>>4875
>You look through all the books on the table and the shelves but find none that would fit! Whichever book is missing must be somewhere else.

Liscer begins to read…

"No matter what I try, it has no will of its own – and without it the creature is of no use to me. There is only one option left to me now, I must attempt to melt the monster with the mind of a man. A man willing or forced.

I found the perfect specimen for the Great Deed. Tomorrow I will attempt to transfer her mind into the creature. Then I will go down in history. No longer will it be solely on the Gods to create new life! Gonzalo Moritatio will be named among the greatest wizards to have ever lived!
I must not forget to brew a new potion to regain my power; the last few days have been taxing. If only my chest did not ache that much."



"It sounds like an entry in a diary."

 No.4877

File: 1475485711589.jpg (276.96 KB, 738x550, 369:275, DF.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4876  so that must be the G.M. …  Apparently he wasn't doing so well.   you guys, wait here a minute…
> sneaks back into the other the other room to examine the bed, taking care to not awaken any person/thing that might be sleeping there

 No.4878

File: 1475486312990.jpg (62.49 KB, 352x325, 352:325, twi199.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4877
>roll for Dexterity to carefully open the old, brittle and dusty curtains of the bed

 No.4879

File: 1475486403074.png (902 B, 16x17, 16:17, dwarf3.png) ImgOps Google

>>4878  1d20 = 7!

 No.4880

File: 1475487957846.png (398.93 KB, 993x559, 993:559, twi193.png) ImgOps Google

>>4879
You open the curtains ever so carefully and find yourself greeted by the grinning, mummified face of a dead man lying on the bed. His fingers and face are so thin that you can see the bones shimmering through the skin. He looks as if he has been dead for a very long time.

Guessing by the clothes of the long-bearded man he must have been a wizard. He is dressed in a brittle black dress with silver embroidery.

Clutched in his bony fingers is a large but rather thin book.

 No.4881

File: 1475488109333.jpg (13.79 KB, 206x245, 206:245, losing_is_fun.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4880
>mumbles "somehow I knew that would be there"
>tries to carefully remove the book from the corpse's hand

 No.4882

File: 1475488523162.jpg (82.72 KB, 398x343, 398:343, twi198.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4881
As you try to take the book out of his hands his jaw suddenly opens with a clap and you have the feeling as if the bone fingers do not want to let go of the book!

>roll for Strength -5

 No.4883

>>4882  1d20 - 5 = -1

 No.4884

File: 1475488668128.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4883
You give the book and good tug and hold it in your hands. The dead wizard rests quietly on his death bed…

 No.4885

>>4884
>goes back to rejoin the others

 No.4886

File: 1475488908622.png (123.9 KB, 326x320, 163:160, cmca19.png) ImgOps Google

>>4885
"Oh, you got the book! Where was it?"

 No.4887

File: 1475489381409.jpg (59.25 KB, 670x509, 670:509, Dwarf_Fortress__Cheese_Art….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4886  oh, nowhere…  thought I saw it sitting on the floor there in the other room

 No.4888

File: 1475489551591.jpg (53.79 KB, 651x593, 651:593, cmca32.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4887
"I must have totally missed it then. Good thing you have such sharp eyes, Mr. Nazom."

 No.4889

File: 1475490827790.png (25.63 KB, 131x159, 131:159, dwarf8.png) ImgOps Google

>>4888  yeah, good thing we've got sharp dwarf eyes in our group, eh Vitis?
> ribs Vitis with an elbow
well let's see what this does…
> places the book into the empty slot in the bookshelf

 No.4890

>>4889
>I'll post the next part when I'm home in a few hours

 No.4891

File: 1475492859844.png (106.46 KB, 500x500, 1:1, Dwarf_94666d_5693223.png) ImgOps Google

>>4890  (I'm drinkin and it's 7am so feel free to gon on w/o me if i'm not here, because it might be a while)

 No.4892

File: 1475495395681.jpg (89.64 KB, 376x336, 47:42, twi194.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4889
The book seems to fit the open spot perfectly and as you put it back into its place you hear a gentle “click” from inside the wall and the bookshelf swings outward towards you by just an inch or two. A surge of fresh air suddenly fills the room for just a moment.

 No.4893

File: 1475495777416.png (1019 B, 320x416, 10:13, happy_dwarf.png) ImgOps Google

>>4892
when trapped underground, make sure you've got a dwarf with you…  well, shall we?
>opens the bookshelf and peers through

 No.4894

File: 1475496181981.jpg (72.31 KB, 730x649, 730:649, Dwarf_e9984f_5689757.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4892  (ok I'm off for a while, I'll just follow Vitis once he shows up.  good 'night')

 No.4895

File: 1475496572240.png (132.38 KB, 945x945, 1:1, hh23.png) ImgOps Google

>>4894
Night night!

 No.4896

File: 1475506513251.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4893
As you peer into the opening you see a short corridor that opens up into a wide hall. There is dim moonlight ahead and you can hear the sound of a quick stream of water.

 No.4897

(You guys went ahead without me? What if I wanted to read some books?)

 No.4898

File: 1475512272927.jpg (3.1 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

(I'm back; can't sleep)
>>4896  well that's interesting…
>>4897  (We haven't actually gone anywhere.)
So do you want to get out of here or do you want to take some souvenirs with you?

 No.4899

>>4898
I won't take anything, but I will look in some of the books… Surely there is soemthing that can tell us more of this place. Or maybe I can learn something useful.

 No.4900

File: 1475512648932.png (1.98 KB, 168x182, 12:13, dwarf_lurk.png) ImgOps Google

>>4899  typical elf…

 No.4901

File: 1475512786436.jpg (91.12 KB, 427x342, 427:342, twi204.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>4899
As you skip through the easily 40 books that you see you find to your disappointment that you barely read any of them, only the selected few that are written in Kuslik Letters, the common speech. It will take hours if not days just to read a single of these highly complex books. Do you want to take one with you?