[ home ] [ pony / rp / canterlot ] [ arch ]

/rp/ - Roleplay

Cutie Mark Crusader Clubhouse
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

[Return][Go to bottom]

 No.3741[Last 50 Posts]

File: 1470956974473.jpg (153.12 KB, 1024x527, 1024:527, sci_fi_interior_by_bluerog….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

[Humans/Humanoid Creatures#], [Sci-Fi#], [Adventure#], [PURPS 1st Edition:Basic Sci-Fi Package#], [Pencil and Paper#], [Story Driven#], [Party Focus#]

Introduction
Welcome to the Cybernetic Rebirth Campaign/Thread, this is where players can join together and play out through the story of Cybernetic Rebirth. If you have any questions or want to put in your very own character, you can message me on the thread itself. Don't worry we won't mind and we would be glad to add more players to the group.

Rules
The rules for the campaign can be found here

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1emp7gGK0zeiPAGR9DENjtQp8BjeNQQ0zHyDOVFbvQSE/edit

it details everything you need to know about the Basic Sci-Fi Package as well as to how to create your character. If you do make a character, you must share it with the email

criticalhit11272@gmail.com

so that I can make sure everything is in order.

Thread Setting
This campaign takes place thousands of years into the future where humanity is in the midst of exploring the universe. Aliens and demons plague the cosmos and many wars have been fought, wars that were caused by distrust and rumors of an ancient race treasure said to be hidden out somewhere. Whether or not if this treasure is real, much blood on every side has been shed for little gain.

You yourself are just a common civilian in the Human's alliance which is made up of humans and a diverse amount of alien species that work hard to keep the demons on their own planets. No matter what your background is, no matter if you wish to be caught up in it, you will soon find yourself at the center of events that will determine the fate of the galaxy.

[b]PURPS[/?]
This stand for the Pony Universal Role Playing System. If you wish to read over the 1st Edition ruleset as well as create your very own packages for your own use, you can find the resource here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13LbT-fd01u-awo3IwgnCoVENLXCaxDcc4SKPqb9WiXo/edit

 No.3742

File: 1470958266813.png (479.21 KB, 787x864, 787:864, large (25).png) ImgOps Google

>Andrew was just getting tired as hell for waiting for any messages
>He just dozes off

 No.3743

Emptiness, that is what you feel in your soul and all around your very body. You look around to find that you are alone, floating through a black and barren abyss. Suddenly you feel your feet touch the floor as you now stand upright in the middle of oblivion. At the sole of your you can see the ghostly shape of a platform beneath though you can see only the parts that you are standing one which looks to be made of stone.

 No.3744

>>3743
>Andrew pondered
"The hell?"

 No.3745

>>3744
As Andrew Tried to make sense of what he was seeing, he suddenly felt a sharp pain in the back of his head after being struck. Almost being knocked over, he could look up and see that it was a tiny creature made up of stitched up flesh that stood on four insect like legs. This creature had no eye but instead a mouth with two long bone like mandible protruding from it.

Combat Encounter
Demon Sprite
HP 20
Hit Chance 40%
DMG 6

 No.3746

File: 1470958795196.png (242.52 KB, 1000x1000, 1:1, fPE0f2V.png) ImgOps Google

>>3745
>Andy' checked for his SMG
"Come ON!"

Also, dice roll?

 No.3747

>>3746
Andrew fired at the demon that was attacking him.

Gun 56% 1d100 = 63

 No.3748

File: 1470958916294.png (156.16 KB, 689x900, 689:900, 1470345824975.png) ImgOps Google

>>3747
>His gun was silenced

 No.3749

>>3747
The bullets fly out into the black abyss, ever to be seen again.

The demon sprite lurches back on its hind legs and jumps at Andrew again

Unarmed 40% 1d10 = 4

 No.3750

>>3749
>He quickly fired
Gun 56% 1d100 = 41

 No.3751

>>3748
The demon has already attacked you, therefore aware of you.

>he suddenly felt a sharp pain in the back of his head after being struck. Almost being knocked over, he could look up and see that it was a tiny creature made up of stitched up flesh that stood on four insect like legs.

>>3749
He was hit again, the little devils mandibles weren't sharp enough to do damage.

>>3750
This time around the SMG's burst fire caught up with the demon and it's blood splattered about

Demon Sprite HP 4

After that it gathered what strength it had to attack again.

Unarmed 40 1d100 = 5

 No.3752

File: 1470959223411.png (68.94 KB, 433x493, 433:493, 895680__safe_solo_clothes_….png) ImgOps Google

>>3751
"The hell are you?!"

 No.3753

>>3752
It hit him again but again didn't deal any damage.

>>3752
The little creature didn't speak, it seemed that it was not intelligent enough to comprehend a language.

 No.3754

File: 1470959349542.jpg (44.66 KB, 600x600, 1:1, CfUOBIZUkAATP_O.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3753
"Sorry pal"
Guns 56% 1d100 = 57

 No.3755

>>3754
Close enough
The bullets rang out and the little demon explodes in a mess of blood. After that had been done, a pathway had been made clear to Andrew as a giant mountain rose up out of nothingness. The path seemed to lead up the mountain and the abyss wants him to go there.

 No.3756

>>3755
>Andrew walked

 No.3757

>>3756
As he made his way up, the traveling became more and more arduous. Along the path were small structure, perhaps shrines, of an odd nature. It was nothing like he had ever seen, comprised of spiraling stones and impossible geometry. He then realized that there were beings lurking around in the shadows behind him.

 No.3758

File: 1470959793448.jpg (20.5 KB, 320x320, 1:1, 12328371_1014904215247088_….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3757
>he just kept walking, trying not to know what was behind him

 No.3759

>>3758
Right before he could press on even further, the creatures made their presence known. Two jump out from nothingness each one either blocking the path upwards and downwards, trapping Andrew. These creatures were humanoid looking in stance with hunched backs, pink skin, triangular head, and whip like appendages for arms and legs.

Combat Encounter
Stalker A
HP 30
Hit Chance 50%
Dmg 15

Stalker B
HP 30
Hit Chance 50%
Dmg 15

 No.3760

File: 1470960132738.png (911.12 KB, 1142x510, 571:255, large (38).png) ImgOps Google

>>3759
>Andrew picked up a rock
>He threw it at a rock
Okay, I think I know the combat now. Let's wake up.

 No.3761

>>3760
But you got this fight, and a boss fight left.

The rock just skips across the grey ground and the demons ignore it.

 No.3762

>>3761
"Heh."

>Andrew aims at one
Guns 56% 1d100 = 82

 No.3763

>>3762
I'll give this one to you due to time constraints.

The bullets fly and they hit the first Stalker

Stalker A HP 14

They then both attack Andrew

50% 1d100 = 66


50% 1d100 = 12

 No.3764

File: 1470960432410.gif (1.9 MB, 460x258, 230:129, 31d6831e162c80243d44a0d9e0….gif) ImgOps Google

>>3763
"Welp"

 No.3765

>>3763
One misses and the other managed to land a hit which actually hurt him

Andrew HP 16

 No.3766

>>3765
"OW!"

>he fired more angrily
Guns 56% 1d00 = 0

 No.3767

File: 1470960483538.png (199.25 KB, 600x600, 1:1, CRL9IoBUwAA0bNy.png) ImgOps Google

>>3766
PRIDE UNSC POWER BABY

 No.3768

>>3766
>>3767
Missing a 100 but yeah

He hit the first Stalker again and it quickly died. Now the path was open for him to make an escape if he wishes to do so.

The other Stalker attacks to take revenge.

50% 1d100 = 13

 No.3769

>>3768
It lands another hit on him and Andrew is unsure of how much more he can take at this point.

Andrew HP 10

 No.3770

>>3768
"REVENGE WON'T MAKE IT GOOD"

 No.3771

>>3769
>Andrew fired
56% 1d100 = 9

 No.3772

>>3771
Critical hit, Andrew deals double the damage to his enemy and instantly kills them.

 No.3773

File: 1470960761432.gif (538.11 KB, 587x404, 587:404, 1469921941769.gif) ImgOps Google

>>3772
"Nice"
>Andrew walks

 No.3774

>>3773
As he made his way on up, he soon reached up to the summit to find something that would shock and horror him. It was a giant statue that was the size of a skyscraper. The statue had a couple human looking figures suffering as they are ensued in frozen agony of the steel flames. As he looks closer he can recognize one of the figures is himself.

 No.3775

File: 1470961037489.png (28.8 KB, 210x250, 21:25, thumb.png) ImgOps Google

>>3774
"…What the fuck?.."

>He kept walking

 No.3776

>>3775
As he looked up out from behind stepped out a large humanoid bull creature where its head was that of a flaming skull. It Screeches at Andrew as it brandishes fiery Axe

Combat Encounter
Bull Demon
HP 1,000
Chance to hit 90%
DMG 20

 No.3777

File: 1470961607341.png (263.24 KB, 700x700, 1:1, large (31).png) ImgOps Google

>>3776
"WHAT IS EVEN THE POINT OF THIS?!"

>He fired
Guns 56% 1d00 = 0

 No.3779

>>3777
1d100 = 14

 No.3780

>>3777
His attack lands.

Bull Demon HP 84

The demon swings its massive axe across the battlefield

90% 1d100 = 49

 No.3781

>>3780
The Axe sends Andrew flying across the stage and he is left barely alive.

Andrew HP 2

 No.3782

File: 1470961958925.png (86.11 KB, 205x600, 41:120, medium.png) ImgOps Google

>>3780
>>3781
>Andrew tried healing himself
Fist Aid 44% 1d100 = 99

 No.3783

File: 1470961979924.jpg (191.58 KB, 1024x1024, 1:1, 1440344146881.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3782
Dem Jack numbers

 No.3784

>>3782
He couldn't really put hismelf back together again and the demon looked down at his broken body. It then raised his axe high up into the air and just before it slammed into Andrew, everything went black.

To be Continued

And then there you go. Now we wait for Monday to roll around.

 No.3785

File: 1470962158756.jpg (11.24 KB, 243x255, 81:85, 1469922713584.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3784
Time to shower and shit. See you monday!

 No.3786

File: 1470962245980.gif (1.42 MB, 725x657, 725:657, 1117421__safe_solo_screenc….gif) ImgOps Google


 No.3787

File: 1470963551962.png (492.23 KB, 1920x1080, 16:9, potrait.png) ImgOps Google

>>3785
Sorry I had to be away for something. Anyways see you later.

>>3786
So you must have been the watcher. Well then my name is Critical Hit, welcome to my universe.

 No.3788

File: 1470963920233.png (391.49 KB, 643x717, 643:717, 1468898265411.png) ImgOps Google

>>3787  Thanks; nice to meet you.  Most people call me boat.  List linked me here.  I like how you're running things.  I'm a little unsure about the setup/background though.  What are the restrictions on character backgrounds?  and you're continuing on Monday?  Is this an otherwise nightly thing?  specific times, etc.?

 No.3789

>>3788
Well thanks for taking the time to look at this thread, I really appreciate it. Now lets answer your questions all in order.

As for character backgrounds its pretty much open to your imagination within a reasonable degree. Now that of course doesn't mean you could play as the god of all destruction mind you, just keep it simple at first like your character was a mercenary, or a scientist, a soldier whatever and then slowly build off of the when creating a character and going through the thread.

Yes I plan on continuing on this Monday coming up however I will most likely be here to help other players get set up. The work of a DM is never over.

As for times, way back we established that the start time would be around 2:30 to 3:00PM East Coast Time. It's not a secure rule but it became habit since some of us still go to school.

If you got any other questions I'll be glad to help out.

 No.3790

File: 1470965031215.png (240.49 KB, 1024x1311, 1024:1311, sig-4439041.starlight_glim….png) ImgOps Google

>>3789  sounds good!  I'm trying to set up a character using your linked doc.  If Phy is -1, does that mean Stamina is -3?  Should I post questions here or e-mail them to you?

 No.3791

>>3790
Go ahead and share it with me at criticalhit11272@gmail.com

And sorry about that, this system hasn't been too much exposed to testing I'm afraod but I'll get right on it. Thanks for the feedback.

 No.3792

>>3791  Do characters start with feats?  If so, how does one decide which one(s), how many, etc.?

 No.3793

>>3792
Ah I thought I added that on but yeah, a character will have to choose between 2 feats, 2 spells, or 1 feat and 1 spell. As for choosing which one, your character must meet the prerequisites to take on the feat which can be found in the left most column of the feat.

Sorry if this is disorganized, I had to finish this one last night by constantly working from 1AM to 6AM

Also be sure to share the document with me, you can't join in if I can't see your sheet.

 No.3794

File: 1470969455213.png (30.52 KB, 469x416, 469:416, Aeolia Blues.png) ImgOps Google

>>3793  I hope I did it correctly.  I just e-mailed you a link.

 No.3795

File: 1471055617835.jpg (49.46 KB, 564x704, 141:176, 84e78a539dcbbe6ab8da75835a….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.3796

File: 1471137727574.jpg (30.03 KB, 736x588, 184:147, 39a074ec4840396b6dcf8650ac….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3795
Okay I'm here if anyone still needs me , also I got two more potentials wanting to join so that would mean we would have a total of 9 players here including myself.

Don't forget we start this thread at 3:00 PM, East Coast Time, on Monday.

 No.3797

File: 1471185856477.jpg (9.74 KB, 300x366, 50:61, 1471007360295.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3796
Boston was fucking good. Now I have a lack of confidence in drawing and I wanna play FO4

 No.3798

File: 1471226378092.png (418.89 KB, 469x600, 469:600, 469px-Storm_Warden.png) ImgOps Google

So here is the current line up characters so far.

Aeolia Blues, The traveling musician.(Played by Boat)

Andrew, the galactic military soldier.(Played by List)

Axom, A half dwarf spellcaster.(Playing as himself)

Mordecai, the wandering battle wizard.(Played by Critical Hit.)

If you wish to join, message me here and we'll get you set up with a brand new character sheet.

 No.3799

File: 1471230441868.png (68.94 KB, 433x493, 433:493, 895680__safe_solo_clothes_….png) ImgOps Google

>>3798
*ODST

 No.3800

I like the orbital strike that glassed the other RP.

Did you say an ancient alien treasure, hidden away out somewhere in space, possibly in some kind of safe space, perhaps a vault, but no one is really sure of its existence?

We Vault Hunters now?

 No.3801

File: 1471270232734.jpg (53.26 KB, 638x475, 638:475, 1470955258105.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3800
>Shhhs
just sign up  

 No.3802

Here

 No.3803

Kay guys something's came up and I can't be on at the moment. I'll try to be on at 4.

>>3800
I didn't pull inspiration from border lands but rather warhammer 40k.

 No.3804

File: 1471288404495.gif (674.04 KB, 478x360, 239:180, WP2Ud2j.gif) ImgOps Google

>>3803
Aww nab

 No.3805

File: 1471291369143.png (180.49 KB, 579x367, 579:367, 1470485278134.png) ImgOps Google


 No.3806

>>3804
I'm on my way home now, will have to get the rest of the group ready.

 No.3807

File: 1471294536047.png (82.08 KB, 512x512, 1:1, 5619d5adacfc0.png) ImgOps Google

>>3806
I'll start off
>Black Screen
>If CC then text will appear, but if not, then black screen with a male voice coming from a radio like frequency
>It sounds like a beacon
>It says in a looping tone

Mayday Mayday, this is a beacon distress call for CFV-35 "Pride of Empire". Requesting immediate rescue prior code A-57-2. Requesting help. Please send Evac'. This message will repeat.

 

 No.3808

>>3806
>>3807
I'm here on my desktop and ready to go and I'll need to start us off.

Start: Prologue

You awaken restlessly, as if from a night of cold sweat and nightmares. Before you can get up you find youself inside a glass pod that you would recognize as a stasis container. Normally these would be used for patients about to undergo surgery but you find that you have no wounds or any malign effects about you. Slowly the pod releases, letting off a hiss of steam and you exit to find yourself in a room with other pods similar to yours and others getting out as well.

Where you are now is a complete mystery and you have no memory of how you got here but you feel as if that you must leave this place. You can also notice that none of the lights are working nor any forms of tech bar that a single terminal on the wall and your stasis pods ofcourse.

 No.3809

File: 1471297220628.jpg (1.83 MB, 1920x2159, 1920:2159, The_Rookie_Concept_Art_hal….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3808
>Andrew hoped he had is helmet on, since it had a flashlight module on it
>He clicked it on

 No.3810

>>3809
He found that his helmet had been without charge, signaling that he must have been in stasis for quite a while. Once his helmet booted back up though, a lot of its data had been corrupted so he could not tell how long he had been out. Other functions would be on the fritz for a while until his helmet had fully recovered.

 No.3811

>>3810
"Well it's almost busted. Hell I can fix this with some few wires."

>He walked as he said
>His helmet was on

 No.3812

> Aeolia sits up and scratches the back of her head, glancing around at the other chambers and beings(?) emerging from them.

"I knew I shouldn't have taken that last shot of Betelgeusan moonshine."

 No.3813

>>3811
>>3812
Another fellow, clad in a grey long coat and wearing a hat got on up as well. It seemed that all three of them had shared this strange fate.

"Urgh… wait who the devil are you two?"

 No.3814

>>3813
>Andrew's NAV hud showed this person as a green
"Huh? Are you UNSC?"

 No.3815

>>3813
>>3814
"I should ask the two of you the same thing.  Where are we?"

 No.3816

>>3815
"Map is unavailable in my hud."
"Gotta fix it."

"Now the question is, who are you?"  

 No.3817

>>3814
"No I'm a… a private contractor in the field of combat. I practice the arcane."

>>3815
"It must be some sort of old hospital or medical research facility but…"

He scratches his head trying to remember but his memory fails him.

"I don't really know. Prehaps if we try to leave, we'll have some clue as to where we are at."

 No.3818

>>3817
"I'm from the United Nations Space Command."
"I think I can activate the night vision on here but it might be busted."

Fact, in Halo 3 ODST, the ODST helmets have a night vision mode and a flashlight too, but it's broken at the moment.

 No.3819

>>3818
"I am Mordecai Everret, that wandering battle wizard."

He looks on over at the terminal.

"Perhaps if one of us were to access that computer there, it can give us an idea on what to do next."

 No.3820

>>3816
"You can call me Aeolia.  You got a name, grunt?"
>>3817
>>3819
"Well, Moordecai, lead the way I guess.  I can't work these new terminals."

 No.3821

File: 1471298502017.jpg (105.36 KB, 964x425, 964:425, Spits and bings and bongs.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3819
"Sir, don't know about that, hell..oh wait, i'm a engineer! I can perhaps take a look at it."

>He then looks on over

>>3820
"Private First Class, Windbreaker."

 No.3822

>>3820
"It should just be a mouse key strokes is all."

>>3821
The two head on over there to find it already accessed to files, almost all of them to be corrupted though except for a map and a status bar

Map of Aread
1: Entrance Area (Lock Down)
2:Stasis Bay A (Current Locale)
2:Stasis Bay B
3:Surgery Room
4:Generator Room

(Facility on Lockdown due to power outage. Nonessential operations are shut off except stasis bays and security.)

 No.3823

>>3822
"Shit, it seems like our main room is locked down."

 No.3824

>>3822
"so, any luck?"

 No.3825

>>3823
>>3824
"Well it seems that we may be able to move about the facility but we can't leave the building itself until we release the lockdown. Perhaps if we were to go to the Generator Room and power it back on, we'll have a chance to get out of here."

 No.3826

File: 1471299139783.jpg (74.8 KB, 620x412, 155:103, putin_trump-620x412.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3825
"Good idea, let's head there."

 No.3827

"decent idea.  You two seem nice enough so I'll follow along."

 No.3828

>>3825
>>3827
"Alright but let's make haste though."

They head on out and follow the signage in the halls to their destination.

Random Encounter Roll

1d20 = 5 DC of 10

 No.3829

File: 1471299471694.png (951.23 KB, 1032x1114, 516:557, 1470705314399.png) ImgOps Google

>>3828
>Andrew noticed a red Tic
"..Oh boy"

 No.3830

"What was that?"
> Aeolia pulls a guitar out of nowhere and holds it at ready.

 No.3831

>>3828
>>3830
On their way, some of the ventilation busts out to emerge three orb bots. Their dome heads can spin around in 360 degree andgle, their white armor plating provides decent defense for their caliber, and they had small 9mm turrets built into their hulls as they jump about on their spider legs.

"It's the damnable security we read about!"

Combat Encounter
Orb Bot A
HP 30
AC 5
Chance to hit 50%
Dmg 10

Orb Bot B
HP 30
AC 5
Chance to hit 50%
Dmg 10

Orb Bot C
HP 30
AC 5
Chance to hit 50%
Dmg 10

Not sure if this will work or is the song I want, can't load it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwL8MfhVSxw

 No.3832

File: 1471299819571.jpg (1.83 MB, 1920x2159, 1920:2159, The_Rookie_Concept_Art_hal….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3831
"ENGAGING!"

>Andrew fired from his suppressed SMG
Guns 56% 1d100 = 79

 No.3833

>>3832
The bullets just ricochet off of the steel plated walls and floors.

Mordercai wips out a proton pistol and fires it off.

Energy 46% 1d100 = 83

 No.3834

> Aeolia braces herself in front of the soldiers, holding her steel resonator guitar in front as a shield.

 No.3835

>>3833
>He kept firing
"Shit! I might be out of ammo soon!"
Guns 56% 1d100 = 4

 No.3836

File: 1471300078248.gif (Spoiler Image, 37.7 KB, 320x240, 4:3, 9869709.gif) ImgOps Google


 No.3837

>>3834
With both of them missing, the orb bots attack with a flurry of bullets, each targeting a separate party member.

Aeolia
50% 1d100 = 36

Andrew
50% 1d100 = 38

Mordecai
50% 1d100 = 61

>>3835
We don't track Ammo, we are using the basic set after all

His attack finally hits one and does massive damage. Each of the bullets rang out, leaving the orb bot severed in almost half. It dwadled there for a second until falling down and shutting off.

 No.3838

>>3837
Aeolia and Andrew were hit and were now at reduced health.

Aeolia HP 12

Andrew HP 23

Mordecai focuses his magic on the second orb bot and casted Mislead.

Spell 48% 1d100 = 19

 No.3839

File: 1471300562740.jpg (48.23 KB, 469x505, 469:505, 1471031964179.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3837
>Andy fired
Guns 56% 1d100 = 20

 No.3840

"argh!  why you little…"
> Aeolia attempts to smash an orb with her guitar.

Melee 20% 1d100 = 28 hope I did that right…

 No.3841

>>3840
You got your roll right and for that I'll cut you a break.

She slammed one of the bots and dealt some damage

Orb Bot B HP 19

The robots attack again

Andrew
50% 1d100 + 10 = 17

Mordecai
50% 1d100 = 32

After that Mordecai tosses Aeolia his combat Pistol.

"Here take this one. Might have a better chance with it."

He then attacks with his proton pistol.

 No.3842

>>3841
"Oh son of a="

 No.3843

>>3839
His attack hits the orb bot again

Orb Bot HP 8

>>3841
Andrew and Mordecai were hit.

Andrew HP 22

Mordecai HP 14

Forgot my attack roll.

Energy 46% 1d100 = 83

 No.3844

>>3841
"Thanks!  I'll see what I can do!"
> Aeolia slings her guitar and fires with the Pistol.
Guns 30% 1d100 = 9

 No.3845

File: 1471301141581.jpg (284.88 KB, 1000x643, 1000:643, 19691210574_60943b36df_b.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3843
>One more fir
Guns 56% 1d100 = 32

 No.3846

>>3845
List hits the second orb bot and it falls to the ground after taking so much damage.

>>3845
Aeolia does massive damages and breaks through the enemy's armor. That will make some good bar talk.

Orb Bot C HP 6

The surviving bot attacks Aeolia.

Aeolia
50% 1d100 = 20

 No.3847

>>3846
Nuka World trailer is out
>Andrew shakes some dust off
"Man, they really know how to make a good gun!"

 No.3848

>>3847
Yeah I was able to see it, I feel it's gonna be pretty cool but I'm not sure what story they can put to it other than a wasteland vacation.

>>3846
She was hit again and dealt some damage.

Aeolia HP 3

>>3847
"Yeah but let's keep our focus, we aren't finished here yet!"

He attacks again

Energy 46% 1d100 = 73

 No.3849

>>3848
>He fired
Guns 56% 1d100 = 30

 No.3850

"Ugh…  I don't feel so great."
> Aeolia weakly lifts the gun and fires another shot
Guns 30% 1d100 = 95

 No.3851

>>3849
>>3850
The last orb bot was put down, finally. Seems that security was high around here, even with the facility without power and long ago abandoned.

+100 EXP

"There… it's over. Perhaps we should rest to heal our wounds?"

 No.3852

File: 1471301982863.png (129.22 KB, 1222x1000, 611:500, 1471212711928.png) ImgOps Google

>>3851
Just lost sanity Jacob, gonna try to stay calm here

"God where is the nearest med pack when you need it?.."

 No.3853

>>3851
"Fine by me…  those little bastards got me pretty good"

 No.3854

>>3852
What's wrong? You were doing fine like a minute ago.

>>3852
>>3853
They all sat down and rested for about 10 minutes before they were back at it again

 No.3855

>>3854
Family on my ass. Can't stand them anymore!
>Andrew was ready

 No.3856

>>3854
"Thanks I feel much better now"

 No.3857

>>3855
>>3856
"Alright now that we're in peak condition once more, let us make our way to the generator room."

They head on over there and enter a utility kind of area. There in the center of the room laid a massive machine that generated this facility's power. Some skeletons were also strewn about as well, they looked to be either doctors or scientists given their white robes.

On the generator was a small terminal and a lever next to it. Lining the walls looked to be some shelves with gear on it. As for the room it was clear of enemies, a safe place for the party to take a breather.

 No.3858

File: 1471302951941.gif (1.94 MB, 320x233, 320:233, 1469978759903.gif) ImgOps Google

>>3857
>Andrew looked around
"There could be a switch around here.."

 No.3859

>>3858
The generator had a terminal and lever attached to it, it's safe to assume this is how to operate the device.

 No.3860

>>3859
>He went over to it and used it
"Hmm"

 No.3861

> Aeolia pokes at a skeleton with a hoof.
"Just how long do you think we were asleep?"

 No.3862

>>3861
"I'm unsure, it had to have been for a long time however. I do not even know how we came to be here, were these once our ally's or captors?"

>>3860
The terminal popped on with a question

Prime Engine

Y/N

If Y, pull lever after priming engine.

 No.3863

File: 1471303289176.jpg (83.97 KB, 480x726, 80:121, lgdCE3L.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3862
"Eh fuck it."

<Yes
>He then walks over and pulls the lever

 No.3864

>>3862
"Either way, we're better off than they are."
> Aeolia searches through the lab coats for anything noteworthy or useful.

 No.3865

>>3864
All of their coats were tattered to the point where they were unusable. On the shelves however she did find one suit of armor

Leather Coat, Light, AC of 2

>>3863
Once he done so, the lights flickered on with the hum of machines now operating as they should.

"Good now we can get out of here. When you guys are ready, we should make a break for the entrance area or if you prefer we can check out the other rooms as well."

 No.3866

File: 1471303635058.jpg (17.14 KB, 500x281, 500:281, IT WASN'T READY FOR THIS.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3865
"I'm gonna head out!"
"There might be a Pelican out there!"
>he walks to the entrance

 No.3867

>>3865
"Hey, just my style!"
> Aeolia puts on the Leather Coat.
"Up to you but I'd rather not run into any more bots."

 No.3868

>>3866
>>3867
"Then we'll make a break for the exit."

The party slips through the now lit halls and found themselves in the lobby area of the facility. It would have been an easy exit except there is a hulking humanoid robot standing in the way. It's barrel body was shielded up like the orb bots and its head resemble that of an upside down dinner plate in the way of shape, bearing a single red LED eye. On it's arms were two built in proton cannon for serious damage.

>Hostiles detected, usage of deadly force now engaged.

Boss Encounter
The Warden
HP 100
AC 7
Chance to hit 50%
Dmg 13

 No.3869

File: 1471304413713.gif (1.14 MB, 480x358, 240:179, 1470696622151.gif) ImgOps Google

>>3868
"HOSTILE!"
>List aimed and fired
Guns 56% 1d100 = 86

 No.3870

"See this is exactly what I didn't want to happen…"
> Aeolia tries to sneak around behind the robit.
Stealth 60 1d100 = 40

 No.3871

>>3869
Andrew's gunfire missed but Mordecai tried to make up for it by casting mislead.

Spell 48% 1d100 = 18

>>3870
She was able to dart out of sight behind the main desk.

 No.3872

File: 1471304723685.png (28.8 KB, 210x250, 21:25, thumb.png) ImgOps Google

>>3871
"Hu what?"

 No.3873

>>3871
The spell made it's effect and The Warden attack Andrew

50% 1d100 + 10 = 44

 No.3874

>>3873
"AW SHI-"

 No.3875

>>3873
>>3872
It hit him and dealt Andrew some damage.

Andrew HP 23

 No.3876

> Aeolia motions to the others with a non-verbal "shhhh" and quietly approaches the hulking tin can from behind, looking for a way to disable it.
Stealth 60% 1d100 = 34
Disable Device 24% 1d100 = 90

 No.3877

>>3875
"Ow!"


>He fired
Guns 56% 1d100 = 61

 No.3878

>>3876
That wasn't gonna work nor could all of the party members can hide from it. At least one would have to have a presence in the battle.

"Just focus your attacks on it. It may be stronger than the others but it is just by itself."

He attacks with his pistol.

Energy 46% 1d100 = 78

>>3877
Andrew missed, just landing the bullets into a nearby wall.

 No.3879

>>3878
"Aw fuck"
>he reloaded
>And then fired
Guns 56% 1d100 = 24  

 No.3880

>>3878
"Alright then!"
> Aeolia brandishes her guitar and brings it down on the scrap heap's head.
Melee 20% 1d100 = 18

 No.3881

>>3879
>>3880
They both hit and together they do quite the damage.

Warden HP 28

The Warden Attacks Andrew

50% 1d100 = 5

 No.3882

>>3881
Andrew is hit once again bu Mordecai retaliates.

Energy 46% 1d100 = 82

 No.3883

>>3882
>He fired
Guns 56% 1d100 = 2

 No.3884

>>3883
He fired and bypassed the Warden's armor, first knocking off its right arm, then left and finally he blasted off its head.

+400EXP

 No.3885

> Aeolia pulls out the pistol and aims it at the metallic monstrosity.
Guns 30% 1d100 = 92

 No.3886

>>3884
"Aw yeah!"
"Just like killing grunts!"

 No.3887

>>3886
"Nice shooting!"
> Aeolia hands the pistol back to Mordecai.
"Thanks to you, too."

 No.3888

File: 1471305948868.jpg (1.83 MB, 1920x2159, 1920:2159, The_Rookie_Concept_Art_hal….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3887
"Thanks, training does work."

 No.3889

>>3886
>>3887
>>3888
"We've all made it after relying upon one another. Let us get out of here then, freedom is just a few steps away."

 No.3890

>>3889
>Andrew leads the way

 No.3891

>>3890
They head on out and after getting through some tunnel like areas, they soon got to a common area of what looked to be a space colony. They weren't sure to go but they did see a sort of inn they could check out, the Eagle's Nest.

 No.3892

File: 1471306405106.png (784.44 KB, 1280x958, 640:479, large (33).png) ImgOps Google

>>3891
"The hell?..Last time I saw someone was this was at Cairo station Delta back at Earth!"

 No.3893

Are there any other people/things around?  anything else around?
>>3892
"Earth?  No way I got that far from home…"

 No.3894

>>3893
"Huh? Anyway, I was was like there..I dunno 4 years ago? I'm mostly stationed around Reach. And even was there when Shit it the fan."

 No.3895

>>3893
Uh well I want to establish a party base before we explore the colony.

>>3893
>>3894
"It would seem that we had all been displaced then."

With the party being so far from home, they can consider themselves lucky for surviving what they had been through.

+500EXP
+100EXP For discovering the Baldrun's Rest Colony.

New Story Feat, Survivor, select one core stat that is less than 6 and raise it up by one point.

 No.3896

>>3895
INT?

"Yeah, UNSC home base is Earth. I believe that we are out of their range so it will be hell for me to find home."

 No.3897

>>3895
FIN to 6
"Well, the Nest looks like my kind of place.  You boys up for a drink?"

 No.3898

>>3895
>>3896
Oh shoot forgot to mention you guys reached level two so select a feat or spell or stat.

"Well we'll have to see then but first we would need a ship after all."

 No.3899

File: 1471307467602.jpg (20.86 KB, 500x479, 500:479, 1471291231039.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3898
>Andrew looks over
"I do got my Pelican we can take."
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Pelican

 No.3900

>>3897
"With you guys? Sure but I often enough run up a large tab."

>>3899
He didn't have his ship with him, no contacts, no nothing but what he had on him.

 No.3901

File: 1471307685519.png (479.21 KB, 787x864, 787:864, large (25).png) ImgOps Google

>>3900
>He rubbed his head
"Huh..I am thinking of things.."

 No.3902

>>3898
Educated I guess?
>>3900
"I might be able to get us some for free if we're lucky."
> Aeolia strolls inside the Nest.

 No.3903

File: 1471307995049.png (911.12 KB, 1142x510, 571:255, large (38).png) ImgOps Google

>Andrew takes off his Helmet
"God..I need to fix this."

 No.3904

>>3903
List I still need you to level up your character
>>3902
As they went on inside, they soon found the bartender arguing to two brutish looking thugs.

>"Now you two stay in here and pay up for your drinks."

<"No thanks old man, we'll go ahead and leave now."

 No.3905

>>3904
On the can.




>Andrew takes a closer look

 No.3906

>>3902
>>3904
Oh an also distribute your skill points amongst your skills. Mordecai gained as the following

+5 Spell Practice
+5 Energy Guns
+5 Open Lock
+5 Guns
+5 Stealth
+5 Identification.

>>3905
It seems to be that these two thugs did not want to pay for the drinks they had charged and the elderly barkeep was in no way able to stand up to them.

 No.3907

>>3904
> Aeolia stands out of the way, waiting to see what happens.

 No.3908

>>3906
>Andrew walks up
"Hey, just play man."

 No.3909

>>3907
>>3908
The two thugs spot the party, they kept a tough look about them but it didn't seem like they wanted a fight. Perhaps some charisma will resolve this.

<"Eh, what do you blokes want?"

 No.3910

File: 1471308867945.gif (447.36 KB, 680x643, 680:643, f42.gif) ImgOps Google

>>3909
>Andrew wasn't very charismatic
>he stepped back  

 No.3911

>>3906
do I have 21 points to distribute?
Persuade+5  Stealth+5  Perform+11

>>3909
"Tell you what, I'll play you a song if you pay the barkeep."
Persuade 56(+5?)% 1d100 = 66

 No.3912

File: 1471309027174.png (87.42 KB, 487x414, 487:414, 1469552135765.png) ImgOps Google

>>3911
"Whoa boy.."

 No.3913

>>3912
"What, you didn't think I only used this guitar for smashing robots, did you?"

 No.3914

>>3911
Yeah

>>3911
It didn't really work on them.

<"We don't have time for this."

They rush out the doors and the barkeep sighs at his loss.

>"Thanks for trying kid. Things had always been tough around here but it's good to see folk still trying. The name is Gilles, I own this place."

He was on old man who wore simple light clothing with a very much stained apron about him. His hair was snow white and was balding at the top of his head as he was slightly hunched over.

 No.3915

>>3913
"I dunno, it's interesting."



>>3914
>Andrew sat at the bar
"Hey, got a question, do you know where we are sir?"

 No.3916

>>3915
>"Well you're in the Eagle's Nest, found it when my adventuring days were through. Now as for the colony, you are at the Baldrun's Rest Colony.

He then looks upon the party and sees that they are very well tired.

>"If you guys wish, you may stay here for free. Havin you three may give me the protection I need and I'm sure I have some work for you."

 No.3917

>>3914
> Aeolia sighs and takes a seat at the end of the bar.
"No problem.  Nice place you've got here."
>>3915
"Of course he knows where we are…"
>>3914
"So, Gilles, where are we?"

 No.3918

File: 1471309598373.png (215.78 KB, 610x339, 610:339, medium (1).png) ImgOps Google

>>3916
"Thanks, if you need something, let me know."

>>3917
"Well excuse me princess…"

 No.3919

>>3916
"I could use a good night's rest.  and a job.  And this might seem like an odd question, but…  what's the current date?  My friends and I have been out of the loop for a while by the looks of things."
>>3918
"Well, it's alright, grunts aren't exactly known for their brains~"

 No.3920

File: 1471309906702.gif (1.14 MB, 480x358, 240:179, 1470696622151.gif) ImgOps Google

>>3919
"Don't start with me, M'am."

 No.3921

>>3918
>>3919
>"I should be thanking you, you're gonna be hardpressed with the work I have for you. Anyways as for the year, it is 1546AFE (After Frontier Exploration).

With that said, that means you had been in stasis for about 3 years now.

 No.3922

File: 1471310099987.jpg (191.58 KB, 1024x1024, 1:1, 1440344146881.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3921
"….."

 No.3923

>>3920
> Aeolia laughs off the comment.
>>3921
"I really shouldn't have had that moonshine…  So what can you tell us about the colony?"

 No.3924

File: 1471310237734.png (255.49 KB, 1024x900, 256:225, large (45).png) ImgOps Google

>>3923
"I'm serious."

 No.3925

>>3923
>"Baldrun's Rest has an interesting history. A while back about 10 years ago there was a massive battle here against the demons and devils. It was the turning point of the war and the Orion Alliance finally gained an edge and were able to push the demons back from colonized space. Captain Baldrun used this place as a staging area to deploy his men hence the name Baldrun's Rest.

 No.3926

>>3924
>Aeolia whispers to Gilles really loud so everyone can hear it
"This guy really can't take a joke."

 No.3927

File: 1471310494030.gif (Spoiler Image, 1.85 MB, 480x601, 480:601, 1471270738698.gif) ImgOps Google

>>3925
"I see."
>Andrew looks down at his helmet
"I need to fix this.."


>>3926
>Andrew didn't hear it

 No.3928

>>3925
"That is quite the history.  What's happened since then?"

 No.3929

>>3926
>>3927
Mordecai chimed in as he was enjoying a drink.

"Okay, let's move on from that."

>"Right… well I have to close up the bar now so you three can go find yourselves a room and settle in. I'll see you three in the morning and we'll discuss this job I have for you."

And with that it's time to go. I think our next session will be at the same time on this Thursday coming.

 No.3930

File: 1471310851339.jpg (26.91 KB, 190x251, 190:251, window-horse-20723-1262921….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3929
>Andrew went in his own room
>He just jumped in his bed and just laid there, hoping someone can at least find him

 No.3931

>>3928
>"We'll have the occasional skirmish with demons but the real issues are the gangs and slavers. We'll discuss more of that tomorrow I'm sure"

Mordecai had gotten up and went off to a room and settled in, writing in his spell book and then going to sleep later.

 No.3932

> Aeolia nodded to Gilles and wished the others a good night before finding her way to her room.  She muffled her guitar and strummed a few chords and softly sang to herself before going to sleep.
"♫  Had a devil of a time, way on out in Baldrun's Rest.
Said I had a devil of a time, way on out in Baldrun's Rest.
'Cause I was lookin' for my baby, but he ain't at the Eagle's Nest, oh no…  ♫"

 No.3933

File: 1471313225683.png (52.02 KB, 125x114, 125:114, scootaloo_so_happy.png) ImgOps Google

>>3931  So I guess I can't edit a post…  Should I have 1100 exp total?  Do I add the Educated trait?  And I gave the pistol back.

 No.3934

here

 No.3935

File: 1471550179311.png (29.57 KB, 448x424, 56:53, 23.png) ImgOps Google

> Aeolia had apparently awakened before the others.  After freshening up a bit, she went down to the bar, greeted Gilles, grabbed some peanuts from the bar, and ordered a Bloody Mary.  She took these to a corner table, where she set out her guitar case and started to play a slow melody in G minor.
Perform 73% 1d100 = 50

 No.3936

File: 1471552269392.gif (1.47 MB, 223x200, 223:200, 1470329039713.gif) ImgOps Google

>Andrew was just fixing up his Helmet
>He was missing his AI chip.
"Fuck.."

 No.3938

File: 1472518307564.jpg (66.98 KB, 600x410, 60:41, roleplaying-fans-will-know….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Hey I'm sorry I've been missing for the past two weeks. My phone's data plan had went out and me and my bro decided to go to a new service plan which is called Cricket wireless. Basically I now have unlimited 4g internet and now I should have no connection issues. I'll also be able to put on more pictures and video links as well as access the more technical stuff to make the RP a better experience.

Anyways I have work tomorrow but I should be on the day after that, Wed I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DV0J-Q7e5w

 No.3939

File: 1472698143519.png (166.44 KB, 416x438, 208:219, happy shy 5.png) ImgOps Google

aw Critical, i hope this project can come back!! This has been interesting to read and keep up with!

 No.3940

It'll take some work to get this back and running proper again, I'll have to send out some messages.

I'm also gonna try to use the Roll 20 site  for the dungeon exploration.

 No.3941

File: 1473218356144.png (157.54 KB, 435x360, 29:24, you are a wonderful pony.png) ImgOps Google

that sounds great! Please let me know if i can help!

 No.3942

File: 1473384063857.jpg (53.9 KB, 736x588, 184:147, 47b4cfac0e29a1516f346689ca….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>3941
Not much anyone can do right now. May go and make an advanced version of my system to better fit roll20 or go back to my roots which would be back in Ponychan. For now though I'll continue to wait and check this site everyday.

 No.4156

File: 1474854766358.png (678.5 KB, 757x943, 757:943, Fluttershy with food.png) ImgOps Google

>>3942
Let me know if i can help, Critical! i would love to see this roleplay take off again.


[]
[Return] [Go to top]
[ home ] [ pony / rp / canterlot ] [ arch ]