[ home ] [ pony / rp / canterlot ] [ arch ]

/canterlot/ - Canterlot

Site related staff board
Name
Email
Subject
Comment
File
Embed
Password (For file deletion.)

[Return][Go to bottom]

 No.1294[Last 50 Posts]

File: 1512140870634.jpg (114.97 KB, 894x894, 1:1, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Toybox!HarMoNytmI 06/28/17 (Wed) 15:13:59 No.525015>>525016>>525042
File (hide): 1498688039687.jpg (39.8 KB, 680x573, 680:573, dcf25190f4f6172eb9b188eb2f….jpg) ImgOps ExifGoogle

Unfortunately the reason he was permabanned was a sad one.

He was actually trying to be sympathetic at the time but because of the way his emotional state is, it caused him to be defensive after he fumbled his attempt at compassion.

Essentially what happened was that Sherlock was having issues with his transition due to setbacks. I commented on it, because I can relate to those problems.

Steam responded to me and his INTENTION was to say "Yeah, it's rough when people don't understand you, I've had similar issues because of my disability." But it came out as him saying that his situation was just as rough as what Sherlock was going through, making it seem like he was trivializing the situation.

Obviously, people got upset at this so he responded by saying, 'I knew you guys would give me shit which is why I spoke to Toybox instead.' this of course didn't help matters at allbecause now it looked like he was kicking Sherlock when he was down.

To compound matters Steam only has a vague idea what transexualism is, and his only encounter with it was me. So it would not surprise me at all if he assumed all transsexuals were MtF. So in an attempt to be 'helpful' he 'corrected' someone that called Sherlock a man, probably not understanding that Sherlock is trying to transition from female to male instead of the other way around. Because of this, it looked like he was insulting Sherlock even more. By this point everybody was raging at Steam and from his point of view all he was trying to do was be sympathetic, so now he's angry because from his perspective 'he didn't do anything wrong'.

Needless to say people flipped their shit, tables were upturned and Steam got banned because he was insistent that he hadn't done anything wrong and was starting to insult people who were claiming he was being a jerk.

From his point of view, he was attacked for literally trying to be helpful, but unfortunately he fumbled his attempt so badly that everybody assumed he was purposely trying to be a dick.

At this point there is nothing I can do about it, but I personally feel his banning wasn't completely fair because it all came from a complete misunderstanding of a situation that spiraled entirely out of control.

 No.1295

In addition please tell me what I can do to prove to you guys that something like this won't happen again and that Im no longer a threat to the site in general.

 No.1297

File: 1512433726042.jpg (45.7 KB, 600x445, 120:89, didnt-do-cooking-by-the-bo….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1295
>In addition please tell me what I can do to prove to you guys that something like this won't happen again and that Im no longer a threat to the site in general.
You must complete the following 12 labors:
1. Slay the Nemean lion.
2. Slay the nine-headed Lernaean Hydra.
3. Capture the Ceryneian Hind.
4. Capture the Erymanthian Boar.
5. Clean the Augean stables.
6. Slay the Stymphalian birds.
7. Capture the Cretan Bull.
8. Steal the Mares of Diomedes.
9. Obtain the girdle of Hippolyta, Queen of the Amazons.
10. Obtain the cattle of the monster Geryon.
11. Steal the apples of the Hesperides.
12. Capture and bring back Cerberus.

 No.1298

File: 1512434534213.png (157.54 KB, 435x360, 29:24, you are a wonderful pony.png) ImgOps Google

hi steam twist. i've read your appeal, and i'll talk to the staff about it.

If anypony else would like to add anything though, please do!

 No.1300

File: 1512465076341.png (10.56 KB, 400x400, 1:1, 6e462f98601ba802d78f69f8da….png) ImgOps Google

>>1298
The same misunderstandings, emotional outbursts, threads about blaming us for his problems, America bashing, fat fetish, and general shit storms will still occur if you let him back. His general attitude and modus operandi have not changed. This is another countless time where he's said he's made an "Attempt at self introspection and even a change in religion" but he still doesn't fully understand most reasons why he's banned, or how why his words offend people. This constant miscommunication and knee-jerk reaction to any negative reply will continue. As of yet I have seen no change. Thus I see no reason to give him any freedoms.

That is my opinion.

Thank you.

 No.1302

>>1298
The appeal does not say that he will correct his behavior. It says that the ban was a mistake. If it was a mistake then you should all apologize and lift the ban immediately. On the other hand, if you think the ban was appropriate, and if it were my decision which it is not, then I would need some better assurance that I would not come to regret leniency.

 No.1303

>>1297
Don't confuse the poor guy.

>>1300
I agree with this. Although it is also true that he was banned for something that he couldn't control, the fact remains that until he can, he's going to keep doing it, and that will cause problems on the site.

Letting him back in would probably the spirit of what ponyville wants to be, but it wouldn't do anything good for site atmosphere, and it might lead to more grief for Steam as well.

 No.1305

File: 1512624300047.png (51.66 KB, 518x388, 259:194, wrima-518222.png) ImgOps Google

>>1300
^This.
If you're thinking about giving Wirma yet another chance, ask him if he still believes that America as a whole is to blame for some random nutcase shooting up a place.

Alternatively, since Manley is MIA, Wirma might provide traffic and 'entertainment' for the site.

 No.1306

File: 1513521635720.jpg (269.74 KB, 1024x576, 16:9, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

The 1 and only thing I plan to do from here on out if let back on

https://archive.is/GylP6

 No.1307


 No.1308

>>1306
>If I'm pardoned yet again, I'll won't make any positive contributions to the site but instead just post silly YouTube videos in my own thread whose title doesn't even reflect the thread contents.
You aren't helping your case.

If you want back, see if you can give a satisfactory answer to >>1305:
>ask him if he still believes that America as a whole is to blame for some random nutcase shooting up a place.

 No.1309

>>1308
1. The question you should be asking is "will you bring it up anymore?" Because what I believe or don't believe is irrelevant!

2. I haven't been bringing it up, it was only discussed when someone else brought it up first, the post you show a screenshot of here --> >>1305 was of me responding to someone who did exactly that!

3. If you notice, in that very same screenshot I said "let's drop the subject now" because I didn't want my rants from ponychan to follow me here and hinder my ability to stay here!

4. So in conclusion the more appropriate question you should be asking me is "will you engage in conversation with another poster bringing up your beliefs and opinions toward America?"

5. And the answer to that is no.

 No.1310

>>1298
>>1303
>>1307
Merry Christmas

 No.1311

>>1309
>>1309
>Because what I believe or don't believe is irrelevant!
On the contrary.  If you believe things that only someone clinically insane could believe, that should be grounds for rejecting your appeal.

 No.1312

File: 1514404829168.jpg (115.91 KB, 1058x755, 1058:755, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1311
I've been talking a lot with my therapist and that opinion of mine has been fading away little by little.

 No.1313

File: 1514406830887.jpg (110.99 KB, 661x360, 661:360, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Why I didn't know MY fettish wasn't appropriate here

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/BalloonBelly/WesternAnimation

Also sorry about that.

 No.1314

File: 1514421102698.jpg (30.2 KB, 500x375, 4:3, Shuichi-Shindou-gravitatio….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1298
I don't think he should be let back.

I don't think he's mentally healthy enough to follow basic site rules, communicate well enough with everyone to not start problems, and avoid situations where his own mental health wouldbe put into jeopardy.

I don't even think it's healthy for him to be on the internet at all, but obviously we can't control that. And we also aren't equipped to be handling mental illness.

 No.1315

File: 1514471891624.jpg (119.65 KB, 1082x950, 541:475, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1314
Please let me back, you guys are the only family I have and I really miss you.

You guys remember back when my friend traumatized me with his "dead waifu business proposal" and you were there to emotionally see me through that? Well many other things like that have cropped up since then with me having no one to turn to, it's scary, I don't want to be alone anymore.

 No.1316

>>1315
>>1315
You need to be talking to your therapist about that stuff, Steam. Not us.

 No.1317

File: 1514656533739.png (583.46 KB, 768x1024, 3:4, Leila.png) ImgOps Google

Well if we plan on keeping Manley, and it seems he started posting again, I see no reason why we should keep Steam Twist banned.

 No.1319

File: 1514743515827.jpg (46.34 KB, 600x828, 50:69, shadow_sorcerer_colored_by….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1318
Well with this your pretty much made it so you never get unbanned.
Good job Steam ^_^

 No.1320

>>1319
Dude, knock it off.

What are you accomplishing right now? The guy literally has a mental illness and cannot communicate directly. You antagonizing him isn't going to do shit except make you feel better.

 No.1324

File: 1515627997949.png (534.85 KB, 989x807, 989:807, 1507329787642.png) ImgOps Google

>>1323
>I'll follow all the rules to the best of my understanding, and the parts that are vague I'll fill in with the "Hagakure"
LOL.  Things like this are why you haven't been allowed back.  What you should have said is that where the rules are vague, you'll err on the side of caution and refrain from posting anything that could reasonably be considered a violation of the rules.

 No.1325

File: 1515632324270.jpg (19.3 KB, 300x100, 3:1, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Some of the site rules are vague, but I came up with a way to work with that, hear me out I'll follow all the rules to the best of my understanding, and the parts that are vague I'll err on the side of caution and refrain from posting anything that could reasonably be considered a violation of the rules.

 No.1329

File: 1515912928195.jpg (114.97 KB, 894x894, 1:1, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

https://magyarchan.net/i/thread/528/#reply

Why I had difficulties interacting with other posters on ponyville.

 No.1339

File: 1516389648586.jpg (215.5 KB, 1200x900, 4:3, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

If let back on I largely just intend to keep to myself and not interact with anyone, I still intend to post threads to give something entertaining to contribute to the site for Ponyville's posters to enjoy, I just won't be engaging in the threads myself.

 No.1340

File: 1516421841807.jpg (18.01 KB, 346x300, 173:150, confus.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1339
>If let back on I largely just intend to keep to myself and not interact with anyone
Then why do you want to come back at all?

 No.1341

>>1340
Because I really like you guys.

 No.1342

File: 1517165599127.jpg (46.19 KB, 432x606, 72:101, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

My introspection

I had a lot of time to think to myself last night, while I do understand the subtle nuances of social situations the problem is and always has been my stubborn view that its wrong to push them upon people who don't understand them and my motive behind thinking this way stems from a time when I too didn't understand them and thought it was unfair and selfish on society's part to bombard me with things which at the time I didn't understand when all I wanted was to go about my life without hindrance.

I'm no longer a teenager and I understand now in adulthood what I didn't in my teen years but because I still held frustration toward the emotional pain I went through back then I wanted to bring an end to social nuance in the same way Martin Luther King Jr brought an end to racial prejudice because I saw both as equally wrong to push upon people and I held that view for the past 18 years.

Last night the realization came to me that if I understand social nuance then its completely rediculous for me to keep fighting against it so I'm just not going to anymore because I've lost too many friends and ex gf's as is over this and want to keep what few people I have left in my life and if let back I hope at a chance to do just that and do all I can not to push away what few people I have left on ponyville if I even have anyone left whom still count me as a friend.

 No.1343


 No.1344

>>1343
Can't, permabanned.

 No.1345

>>1344
On /GET/?!  That's impossible!  Try again.

 No.1346


 No.1347

That's /luna/.  /GET/ has much more relaxed rule enforcement than /luna/.

 No.1348

>>1347
I'm permabanned from the entire site, you want me back? Take it up with Zeke Roa.

 No.1349

>>1348
Oh, Zeke must have fat-fingered the ban button.  I'm pretty sure you're only supposed to be banned from /luna/.  I'll go and post on /GET/.

 No.1350

File: 1517841296234.jpg (148.1 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Everyday is pain without you guys, please let me back on.

 No.1351

File: 1517980272300.jpg (733.33 KB, 5000x3912, 625:489, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>...oh Steam Twist. you have to show that you understand why you were banned. things must be different when and if you return. it means taking responsibility for your actions.
-Moony's email to Steam Twist

I got into heated arguments with other posters and wasn't very nice at times and in addition to that I mentioned things of an erotic nature I should have kept to myself. I'm sorry for the discomfort I brought to the site and I'm trying really hard right now to take responsibility for it and if let back I don't intend to repeat any of my past mistakes.

 No.1352

File: 1517993390249.gif (1.26 MB, 500x280, 25:14, tumblr_inline_oy9ctvdbqA1r….gif) ImgOps Google

please for the love of god do not let him back in, permaban means permanent ban not "ban until he annoys you enough to let him back in"

this has been my anti-appeal

 No.1353

File: 1518042981251.jpg (733.33 KB, 5000x3912, 625:489, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1352
You guys are the closest thing I have to a family and I really want that back.

 No.1354

File: 1518506034286.jpg (55.53 KB, 720x536, 90:67, 1517777307573.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Oh wow, this actually happened: https://www.ponychan.net/ef/res/72753.html#76230

 No.1355

File: 1518546874701.png (212.61 KB, 507x454, 507:454, balloons are cars too.png) ImgOps Google

>>1354
Problem solved then

 No.1356

File: 1518571266459.jpg (119.65 KB, 1082x950, 541:475, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1355
No it's not, I want back here.

 No.1357

File: 1518653088737.png (155.35 KB, 507x454, 507:454, I have no idea.png) ImgOps Google

>>1356
you don't

we're all jerks

 No.1358

File: 1518720736773.jpg (111.29 KB, 800x547, 800:547, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1357
Maybe so but I still want back, I miss you guys.

 No.1359

>>1352
I confooz.

Did you not post "unban steam twist" in the "make ponyville better" thread?  Or am I mixing things up?

>>1298
Moony, I know the pain of being banned from my pony home.  Just after joining here I was banned from the mlparena and I was given no explanation or warnings and it happened right after I criticized the staff there for attacking fans of G4 and I advocated fans of all gens getting along.  The staff there wants to isolate from "scary" G4 people...  Maybe I was too vehement.  But I was cut off from my friends and what is happening here regarding this person is a lot more rational than what happened to me there.

edit:  I mean it's more rational in that the person is able to communicate about the issue while on that other site I have received zero responses to attempts to communicate.  Not to imply anything else, because I don't know anything else.

My point is that it's very unpleasant to be banned from home and I would like my current home in Ponyville to be a place where people have opportunity to improve themselves and return to.

 No.1360

File: 1519241068887.png (163.47 KB, 319x225, 319:225, pinkie G3 that's not my to….png) ImgOps Google

>>1359
While I am not sure if Steam ever really deserved a perma, whatever he usually does wrong I don't think you can ever hope that this improves.

And when you unban, I'll count down to when "gratitude" results in him ranting howcome he got banned in the first place.

Lurking /ef/ occasionally, I will say it goes exactly as I expect.

That being said, I honestly would not see the harm if people would just ignore his antics.

 No.1361

File: 1519257257850.jpg (92.28 KB, 750x1000, 3:4, __chaika_trabant_hitsugi_n….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1359
It's a long running joke, the whole "unban steam twist" thing.

 No.1362

File: 1519307710091.jpg (56.04 KB, 500x500, 1:1, jade_2-5804.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1361
See: "Unban Pipes"

 No.1363

Let it be clear that I'd rather see Steam unbanned than see Pipes unbanned.

 No.1364

File: 1519426634306.jpg (26.25 KB, 636x519, 212:173, bb.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>"I'll just be making Toonami threads where I won't talk to anyone or do anything outside the threads I make because I don't understand how to properly communicate without riling myself and others up so buy doing this one thing let me back pretty please"

My opinion remains the same:
>>1300

If someone comes back as a poster they come back as a poster. We don't need a robot that randomly posts threads it deems we would find entertaining.

 No.1365

File: 1519757032379.jpg (11.16 KB, 189x267, 63:89, magic.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

Allow me to make something perfectly clear to all of you folks, who would occasionally click this thread to reminisce about the Steam Twist drama, or are just hoping for that unregular fix of autism:

If he is allowed back, then history will repeat itself without a doubt.

No, this is not my personal beliefs, judgement, nor is a casual grudge against the said poster himself, no, none of that.
This is being written purely over the fact that the site staff is not dealing with some simple troll or glorious bastard.
No. The staff is dealing with something much, much more difficult and complicated: Autism.

Before anybody here raise your hands and rocks and lunge to shitstorm at me, know that I am not using the term as an insult, because if I would, that would make me an hypocrite, and I am not.

Steam Twist spectum of autism might be one of the most obnoxious to deal with in this particular ambient of a online community, since the main characteristics are developing notorious knowledge and skills in a specific thing he likes or something he's used to do..

If you are still having a hard time to tell, my point entirely is:
Steam Twist might have prepared himself mentally and god knows, even physically to fend off internet trolls and people who disagree with him, whilist he persist to present his usual behavior routine, which is basically shitposting about his social prejudice every single day.

And just a word for the site staff:

I don't want this.
I never asked for this.
Nobody did, nobody has to toletare this.


So please, do not allow Steam Twist back.
And if you have a shadow of doubt on my word, go ahead and check /ef/, see how he is doing there.

 No.1366

File: 1519825060866.jpg (81.44 KB, 558x634, 279:317, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1365
I thought I was doing better on /ef/ actually, Im trying really hard to act right over there because I was told by a fellow poster that that's my only hope of ever being let back over here and it breaks my heart to know that fans here of a show called "Friendship Is Magic" would put me through all of what I'm having to go through in order to earn their "friendship", by the end of all of this idk I even want to be friends with you guys anymore I more so just want a place to call home with posters whom are fun to hang out with and talk to but as for there ever being anything beyond that on a deeper level that's pretty much gone, its now the bronies whom must earn my trust back especially after how you guys treated me on /luna/.

Also mods if you are reading this, do check out /ef/, you'll see I am capable of following site rules now, in fact that's the only reason I'm over there is to prove that to you, I really want back over here and don't know how else to show you I'm ready.

 No.1367

File: 1519841823280.png (250.29 KB, 794x770, 397:385, pls.png) ImgOps Google

>>1366
>Straight from the first page
[sarcasm]huge improvement.[/sarcasm]

 No.1368

File: 1519845311008.png (92.1 KB, 384x346, 192:173, wah.png) ImgOps Google

>>1367
He made a thread about Mortal Kombat

How absolutely sinister!

 No.1369

>>1366
>posters whom are fun
*who

 No.1370

>>1369
*whomst

 No.1371

>>1367
...He really needs to fix his sarcasm/altitude problem...

From what it seems like, he hasn't really learned anything...

 No.1372

File: 1520388703818.jpg (42.69 KB, 400x609, 400:609, oyiu.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1366
>I thought I was doing better on /ef/ actually

By stalking Ember Storm.

> I was told by a fellow poster that that's my only hope of ever being let back over here
Wasn't a guarantee.

>it breaks my heart to know that fans here of a show called "Friendship Is Magic" would put me through all of what I'm having to go through
You're the one who put yourself where you are Steam. All the shit you're given you've earned.

>to earn their "friendship"
You're not trying to earn friendship. You're trying to earn trust. And you're certainly not deserving of either.

>by the end of all of this idk I even want to be friends with you guys anymore
Irrelevant?

> I more so just want a place to call home with posters whom are fun to hang out with and talk to
Stop telling people they're awful for not comforting every little thing you do, stop telling people they're evil if they're American. Stop making assumptions of others. Stop being upset when people don't post in your threads. Stop taking the bait of people who want to rile you. Stop getting so enraged when people challenge your beliefs. Sometimes you might be wrong, try introspection.

> but as for there ever being anything beyond that on a deeper level that's pretty much gone, its now the bronies whom must earn my trust back
You REALLY have no idea why you were banned, do you? You think you're in any position to negotiate terms, let alone talking about you trusting us?

> especially after how you guys treated me on /luna/.
What the fuck does /luna/ have to do with Ponyville.

>Also mods if you are reading this, do check out /ef/, you'll see I am capable of following site rules now
By posting threads and not even posting in them to engage the posters, and then being upset that nobody's posting in your threads. Yeah that's what this place needs.

 No.1373

File: 1520420561059.jpg (27.9 KB, 564x500, 141:125, 7532.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1320
Knock what off?

I accomplished him deleting the post that was rather fucking absurd.
Even if he actually believes that he was trying to cast a spell, he was doing it wrong.

And he got banned or warned, I dun really remember on ponychan for exactly the same thing, him trying to cast a "spell" or his version of magic on mods/posters.

It wont make me feel better tbh.
I was actually one of rare people who would support his appeal to get unbanned, till he did this shit.

So I dunno what you are getting salty at.

Still my statment stays the same, if we are keeping Manley we should unban Steam.

Though he will break rules by spamming random threads again that no1 really cares about and he even said he wont post in them or answer people.
So that will classify as spam and shitposting and will probably get him banned again.

So meh.

 No.1374

>>1373
>he was doing it wrong.

Then tell me how to do it right.

>And he got banned or warned on ponychan for exactly the same thing, him trying to cast a "spell"

No I didn't I got banned for my Elliot Rodger rants.

>or his version of magic

It's not MY version of magic! What I learned I learned from books of spells and other practitioners of magic over a span of 10 years.

>So that will classify as spam

No it won't, I'd be posting threads with the purpose of giving you some sort of activity for you to enjoy, your refusal to engage in said thread does not make it spam.

 No.1377

File: 1520663440661.jpg (81.69 KB, 800x772, 200:193, 1520355186106.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1374
>What I learned I learned from books of spells and other practitioners of magic over a span of 10 years.
lel

 No.1379

>>1374
I wont tell you how to do it right, because you will use something you don't properly understand for shitty reasons.

I remember you got warned or something for trying to cast spells.

You are using shitty books of spells.
And if you are trying to learn magic over internet, you are doing it so wrong.

Yes it will, since no1 will enjoy your threads.
People will just report em, especially if you decide not to post in em and at least talk a bit about the subject of your threads.

I'm sorry that you got banned on here.
And I still don't understand why you are perma banned when Manley is still on here.
But if you want to get back on here, then you will have to accept that people don't really care about your threads, since they don't bring anything fun or good on here.
If you want to stay here, talk about normal things, stop acting like you want to become a serial killer and shit that you end up doing.

 No.1383

File: 1520755698775.jpg (18.95 KB, 268x345, 268:345, 65958m.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

I want to weigh in and be extremely clear:

I do not want Steam Twist back.

I do not want to get harassed when I'm seeking support, or worry about fights starting in my own threads because of him.

Please, do not let him back on the site.

 No.1398

File: 1520823731075.jpg (91.37 KB, 720x1050, 24:35, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1383
Read the op, what happened was a misunderstanding and I apologized for it and it won't happen again, Im sorry you hate me over what happened but again what happened was not on purpose, I misinterpreted a post of yours and got upset with you over something I thought you said, that whole thing was my fault and all I can do is say I'm sorry.

 No.1399

File: 1520832670026.png (437.34 KB, 498x492, 83:82, 1444680762394.png) ImgOps Google

>>1398
>it won't happen again,
How is that known?  You have a history of misinterpreting what people say and unintentional shitposting.

 No.1401

File: 1520888683409.jpg (12.69 KB, 240x320, 3:4, img_934711_12466435_1.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1398
I still do not forgive you. Especially since just now your apology isn't an apology.

"I'm sorry YOU feel this way" is not an apology.

I don't believe that it won't happen again. I don't believe anything you say because it WILL happen again. Maybe not to me but to someone else.

I'm leaving this thread. And I am not returning. I've said what I needed to say.

 No.1402

File: 1520893654340.png (274.01 KB, 1280x768, 5:3, Screenshot_2018-03-12-16-2….png) ImgOps Google

>>1398
>I got upset
Well you still seem to have a temper problem.  Pic related.

 No.1404

>>1403
What you said makes about as much sense as this: "I have a temper problem because I hate the bicyclist comunity as a whole now because of how I was treated on /r/skateboards and yet I still consider myself a bicyclist."

>>1403
>your goons over on /luna/
Ponyville.us has no affiliation with GETchan /luna/.  There are a few posters who frequented both, but that's it.  I mean, it's like if a NYC mafia family extorted money from you and in response you claim to the Italian government that "their goons" took your money.

 No.1405

File: 1520906190570.png (148.78 KB, 546x576, 91:96, Eyebrows132.png) ImgOps Google

>deleted posts

Damn, I missed the posts that prove he's a changed person that should be let back.

 No.1406

>>1405
I made a post that I later felt sad about so I deleted it.

 No.1407

File: 1520906711595.jpg (109.43 KB, 595x735, 17:21, eyebrows90.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1406
No point in deleting it. Be loud, be proud. Let the world know how much you don't deserve to be here.

 No.1410

File: 1520993653507.png (185.42 KB, 936x801, 104:89, 90740.png) ImgOps Google

Query: If you believe that P is true, and you're talking to someone who believes that P is false, would it comply with the rules of Ponyville.us to say "Only a bloodthirsty monster would believe that P is false"?

 No.1411

File: 1520995550170.jpg (65.15 KB, 1280x720, 16:9, Tsukihi-14-37.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1407
Why don't you like scrambled eggs, Tracer?

 No.1413

File: 1521038375221.png (89.58 KB, 500x625, 4:5, tumblr_oszlkl2DvA1qmlz3lo1….png) ImgOps Google

>>1410
So much for "Hey guys, I have really changed and improved now, pls let me back in!"

 No.1414

File: 1521068118024.jpg (227.15 KB, 640x960, 2:3, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google


 No.1415

File: 1521069558101.jpg (26.25 KB, 636x519, 212:173, bb.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1411
Just don't.

>>1414
You're not even being coherent anymore. You're just linking random caps of yourself.

Just stop. Stick to making videos no one will watch on Youtube.

 No.1417

File: 1521147044663.png (268.67 KB, 1280x768, 5:3, Screenshot_2018-03-15-16-4….png) ImgOps Google


 No.1418

>>1415
Your inability to comprehend how a screen cap of mine relates to a given situation doesn't make it incoherent, it means you don't know how to think!

The appeal was showing me stating a specific code of conduct I live by and will obviously carry on over into this site if let back on.

 No.1419

File: 1521149288269.png (192.96 KB, 800x411, 800:411, _hoenn_intensifies__by_mew….png) ImgOps Google

>>1418
>Tracer
>Doesn't knows how to think

What parallel universe is this?

 No.1420

File: 1521150079694.jpg (134.6 KB, 807x861, 269:287, 9a50d9b0c80515c7cba066b382….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1418
Steam, I'm thinking quite a good deal about how you believe you've changed in some way. See above when I said "His general attitude and modus operandi have not changed. This is another countless time where he's said he's made an "Attempt at self introspection and even a change in religion" but he still doesn't fully understand most reasons why he's banned". You being a Jedi, you being a Buddhist, you believing "The ideals" of the Samurai HAS NOT shown a difference in the way you behave in general communications. You are terrible in telling when people are serious or not. And instead of treating it in a calm manner you burst into outrage at someone not understanding you. If THE MAJORITY of people cannot understand you, it's you who needs to adapt to them, not them to you.

You have not improved your ability to communicate, nor have you learned how to handle your outbursts. 'Codes' have nothing to do with this. 'Religion' has nothing to do with it. It's how you act that represents the quality of person you are. And I gotta say, you're acting like your idea of an American.

The cap above your post says it all. You are incapable of actual change or self introspection.

 No.1421

>>1414
I cant. wow, just wow.

 No.1422

File: 1521166419186.jpg (125.18 KB, 529x1022, 529:1022, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1420
Go and take a 2nd look at that thread where we had that guns vs swords debate (I'm talking to you to mods) in that thread I went well out of my way to answer each post from the viewpoint of the (romanticized) samurai, I didn't go on a rant about how evil Americans are I stuck with the point some samurai viewed the gun as the cowards weapon and I hold that view as well, each argument I presented I did so in terms of what is honorable and dishonorable rather then steering it in the direction of "you're all evil Americans". The point I'm trying to make is that I'm living by the code of the romanticized samurai which means instead of grouping all Americans together as bloodthirsty monsters just because some are I instead focus only on those who actually are individually, so for example if someone came online advocating for violence toward LGBT's the old me would have looked at that and thought "typical black hearted American" where the new me from the mindset of the romanticized samurai just sees 1 villain as a villain from now on.

 No.1423

File: 1521166607113.png (848.92 KB, 1000x900, 10:9, f2069312.png) ImgOps Google

>>1422
Calling someone a "bloodthirsty monster" (>>1410) still violates the rules.

 No.1424

File: 1521169240856.png (203.81 KB, 432x620, 108:155, 367.png) ImgOps Google

>>1422
>You: I'll kill em with my guns and eat their flesh hisss
>Not being an evil soulless piece of scum.
This says you view them as an evil soulless piece of scum, because they have a different opinion.
>Unless they have a gun too your just a blood thirsty coward, are you really that much of a monster that you need this explained to you?
>You: I must kill with my guns why can't I use guns hisss
>Unless they have a gun too you're just a blood thirsty coward
>Take your meds
>I had butt sex with Bigfoot
>you f**king prick!
> only a bloodthirsty monster would fail to understand that.
>killing him makes you a monster.
>I did'nt call people names, I was stating that people who use guns to fight are cowards, I wasn't calling any one specific person here a "coward" and same goes for me saying gun users are "bloodthirsty" or "monsters" I'm not talking about any one specific person here in this thread I'm talking about gun users in general.
>Learn to read a-hole
> I'm taking it back f**k you!
>I'm not one of you!
>Nah I'm normally beating a monkey while watching horses (ponies).

Samurai killed people all the time. A romanticized version of the samurai didn't exist. Thus you're lying to yourself.

Read the greentexts above. All things you said. Nothing here suggests you should be allowed to post there, let alone here.

 No.1425

File: 1521192108780.jpg (117.24 KB, 450x444, 75:74, 7f742a996133380c4792e8275b….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

I think we have enough of evidence that proves the fact that even if Steam did change a bit, he will still break a lot of pville rules.

Unintentionally or intentionally.

Also almost non of our regulars want him back on here, I do believe in 2nd chances, but he already screwed both of his.

So appeal should be denied and this thread should get locked.

 No.1426

File: 1521201807382.jpg (119.65 KB, 1082x950, 541:475, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1425
What can I do to come back eventually?

 No.1427

File: 1521207150202.jpg (42.4 KB, 500x546, 250:273, 25cb1ad1f2522e82c981a8809f….jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1426
Dunno, ask Moony and pville regulars.

You overdid things so you no longer have my support.
Which isn't a big deal cause I don't have much of a say on here.

So, yeah as much as I see you wont be allowed to post on here, ever again.
I'm sorry to tell you that.

But at least you got unbanned on pchan /ef/ so you can post there ^_^

 No.1428

>>1426
Nothing. I don't like stating things as absolutes, but you will never be unbanned from this site.

The only reason we are having this conversation (instead of the thread being locked and your IP banned) is because you are getting away with abusing the kindness of Moony. He is too kind and wants to help, when he should have just given you a very firm 'NO'. But even as the admin, he is limited by the will of the users and there are enough users that are against you that he can't in good faith override them.

To put it another way, what does ponyville gain from reversing a permaban? Maybe some karma points at the cost of the faith of the users plus we get a fairly unpopular poster (you) who is guaranteed to generate drama (let's face it, you are just too easy to bait and rile up) on a site specifically created to escape drama. And what would ponyville lose for that? A lot of posters would be upset, some of which might leave the site entirely.

Look, there are millions of other websites on the internet. Just let it go and find another one. You say this is your "home" but that just isn't true. You weren't here that long, almost nobody actually likes you (at best you are tolerated), and you were treated poorly. Does that sound like home to you? Be real, you aren't good for ponyville and ponyville isn't good for you.

I may come off as harsh in this post, but I think telling it to you straight is a kindness. Stop obsessing over this site because you're never coming back. Find another place that will actually want you and respect you.

 No.1429

>>1428
You are right in most of things you posted.
I'd probably not agree with some of things but I'll let it be.

And I don't really understand why Steam wants to get unbanned on here, he came to pville just because he got banned on pchan.
And he kept making threads on here asking to get unbanned on ponychan.

So now that he is unbanned on ponychan I really don't understand why he keeps asking to get unbanned on here.
His only reason to come here was the fact that he was banned on pchan..soo  , yeah.

Sadly I do have to agree that he shouldn't be unbanned on here.

 No.1430

File: 1521222978974.jpg (114.97 KB, 894x894, 1:1, image.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1429
>So now that he is unbanned on ponychan I really don't understand why he keeps asking to get unbanned on here.

Because I grew attached to this place during my stay, yes originally I was only here because I was kicked off ponychan and was upset about it and needed something to fill the void.

I'm sorry things didn't work out between us and I'll always remember you guys

Love 飛翔 ルーラー

 No.1431

File: 1521223971338.jpg (8.81 KB, 212x238, 106:119, doge.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1430
See you in the next week's appeal thread.

 No.1433

>>1431
>doge.jpg
Nani?

 No.1435

File: 1521252803067.png (56.69 KB, 195x266, 195:266, sad shy 3.png) ImgOps Google

>>1428
>>1430
to be honest, that does sound super harsh, anon. i would honestly like to believe that Ponyville can be a home to all of those who the world has been cold to.

Steam Twist has made mistakes, and perhaps repeated ones... but there are plenty here who do like him, and he was treated poorly.

i don't want Steam Twist to have to suffer unnecessarily, either. but i do not know how to bring him back in, without trouble unfolding, or him feeling hurt when other users do not understand how he thinks or acts.

 No.1436

File: 1521254183891.png (185.25 KB, 643x282, 643:282, 84.png) ImgOps Google

>>1435
If his only goal is to communicate with his friends, then he needs to buy a cheap computer and make contact with them off of Steam/Discord/whatever.

These sites aresn't healthy for him.

 No.1437

>>1435
Wasn't like I was making it up that I was being harsh, but I still believe that ultimately it is a kindness to be so blunt. You know that he is incompatible with many of our posters and it just doesn't make sense choosing him over them. Knowing this, anything less than a direct and firm 'no' is the real unkindness imo.

And it isn't like I am against Steam Twist. I was kinder to him than nearly anyone while he was on the site and I fought with posters I like more than him to try to make his threads troll free. But you know, some things just can't be fixed and unfortunately this is one of them. You can wait and hope a solution materializes, or you can cut your losses and try to make the best of the situation. I choose the latter.

 No.1438

File: 1521260186016.jpg (52.84 KB, 1024x576, 16:9, alolan-vulpix.jpg) ImgOps Exif Google

>>1426
>What can I do to come back eventually?
I think the only way that this can possibly happen is if you find a mental health professional who can treat your problems.  I don't even know if this is possible given the present state of the field.  There is so much about the brain and mental illness that we don't know.

Alternatively, you might go back and carefully reread what people were saying to you on those /ef/ threads.  You dismissed a lot of helpful feedback you got.  You should instead try to learn from it.

 No.1439

>>1435

>i don't want Steam Twist to have to suffer unnecessarily, either. but i do not know how to bring him back in, without trouble unfolding, or him feeling hurt when other users do not understand how he thinks or acts.

I don't think there is actually that much of a misunderstanding about how or why he thinks or acts the way that he does. Sure some people will just chalk it up to autism, but I think plenty of us realize that his problem is simply that he doesn't want to accept the things he could do that actually would let him come back, sometimes outright stating that he wont do what others suggest.  

 No.1443

File: 1521329991876.png (157.51 KB, 894x894, 1:1, 777.png) ImgOps Google

Steam, I had not seen you in a while.

How are ya doing, boy?

 No.1444

File: 1521390132854.png (159.26 KB, 1020x1024, 255:256, hmm.png) ImgOps Google

Thread locked on request


[]
[Return] [Go to top]
[ home ] [ pony / rp / canterlot ] [ arch ]